[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Estelle.png (424KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Estelle.png
424KB, 1000x1000px
Couldn't find a good answer with Google, so I'm turning to my fellow fa/tg/uys:

I'm playing a Druid in a 5e game and took Magical Initiate for my feat, choosing Bless as my first level spell. Since I don't cast these as a Cleric, just use the respective stat, two questions:

1) Can I use my Druidic Focus to cast the spell, or do I need to purchase holy water since no cost is actually listed with the spell description?

2) Do I get my proficiency bonus on spells learned with Magic Initiate or other feats, or is that only with spells from the Druid list?

If it's relevant, we're using core books only.
>>
>>48842376
Do whatever makes fun and sounds sense.
Any DM who actually makes you keep track of material components is a liar.
>>
>>48842444
Check'd.

And I'm asking for RAW on this, since I couldn't find it. New GM, I want to help him learn it right before he homebrews.
>>
For the second thing as far as I remember the only thing magic uses proficiency for is calculating the save DC, and that is always 8 + Proficiency + Ability Modifier. I might be missing the point if you're talking about something else though

The first thing I have no idea though. You could check sage advice, but it's such a rare case that you should just ask your DM. RAW I would think you'd need a material component or cleric focus as well, but it's kind of dumb to actually require a thing since druid powers are so similar. I imagine most would say the druid thing is fine, and after a few sessions the money for buying a cleric focus is irrelevant anyway. I don't think that sounds particularly worth the feat in any case though
>>
>>48842570
>Two additional cantrips and a first-level spell from any full casting class
>Not worth it

Granted, OP should have taken Warlock for Eldritch Blast, but still.
>>
>>48842618
Eldritch blast is charisma based, and doesn't really compliment a druid that well if they're doing the moon thing, For clerics it's just sacred flame and some utility ones

I'm not saying it's useless or anything though.
>>
>>48842376
1) You need spell component pouch. Focus doesn't work for spell from other class.

Pg. 164:

> Each spell you know and prepare is associated with one of your classes, and you use the spellcasting ability of that class when you cast the spell. Similarly, a spellcasting focus, such as a holy symbol, can be used only for the spells from the class associated with that focus.

2) You cast spell as Cleric class feature. Cleric class feature said add proficiency bonus (and Wisdom). So yes, you get proficiency bonus.
>>
>>48842618
Personally, I like choosing Wizard for Find Familiar on every class.
>>
>>48842376
It doesn't matter what the rules actually say, if your GM is using even the slightest bit of common sense, he'll let you just add Bless to your spell list and cast it as a druid spell while using your druid casting stat.

If he does anything else, he needs to get the stick out of his ass and quit over complicating something that works out better for everyone involved as a common-sense fix, regardless of what the rules-as-written say.

GMs who fail at such a simple thing continue to confound me to this day.
>>
>>48842838
I would disagree with that. If you wanted that much benefit you should just multiclass. It's not particularly complicated to say you can only use that particular spell once a long rest. I think what you're describing is better that what the feat is intended to be
>>
File: questionmark girl5.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark girl5.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>48842376
BUT WHO WAS /5eg/!?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.