[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you actually play this frequently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: basic1_lg.jpg (54KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
basic1_lg.jpg
54KB, 500x662px
honestly, its become the first answer to any system question (warranted most times) but how many of you use it for your primary system?
>>
>>48835867
I wanna use it but my players are shitters who don't even wanna read lite.
>>
I run most of my campaigns with it. I lucked out and though me and my group started out with D&D, we always had an open mind about trying out other systems (not saying that D&D is inherently shit it just seems to be a common issue for a lot of people that their group doesn't want to branch out.)

I stumbled on GURPS after hearing about it from a GT retrospective on the fallout games. It sounded interesting and we gave it a shot for a one-shot zombie apocalypse game and loved it.

It isn't for everybody but we personally really enjoyed the detail-oriented nature of the system. One of the first questions my players asked the first time they got hit in D&D was "can I roll to dodge?" In D&D this is abstracted as part of AC, in GURPS dodge is an actual maneuver. This sort of thing is something we enjoy.

While some groups prefer abstraction on things like damage, armor, personality and the like, my group prefers detail and structure, something GURPS is great for.
>>
>>48835867
Define 'primary'. I use it for almost all games that are at least somewhat grounded in reality, since it breaks down a bit in the higher TLs and power levels. The amount of work required to make GURPS run those well exceeds the amount needed to learn another system.

For your general down-to-earth needs it's really good and extremely flexible, and lends itself best to homegrown settings or multiworld games.
>>
My group and I have been using GURPS almost exclusively for about half a decade. Sometimes we like to try out something else just for variety but we always come back to GURPS.
>>
File: GURPS.jpg (54KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS.jpg
54KB, 750x600px
>>48835867
I played a lot of it in the past, until the GMs who ran it either stopped liking it or I stopped hanging our with them.

I've never used it to run a game. Never would. Way too much crunch. As a player, I don't mind investing a lot of time into building and minmaxing my character and learning how specific rules work. But as a GM, you have to learn, remember, and apply many times more information than as a player, and at that point, it becomes more than I have the patience for.
>>
Does playing with myself count?
Because I didn't find any chinese GURPS group.
>>
GM it every week. Have run several (very different) campaigns with it.

Already planning my next setting (gonna be sci-fi)
>>
>>48835867
I join an online campaign like once a year if I can. No one near me uses it.
>>
>>48835867
I do, have since the early '90s. I don't run any other systems, though I'll generally play whatever my friends want to run (which is seldom, as I am the Forever GM.)
>>
I use it whenever I GM, which is about half the time with my group.

When we're not playing GURPS we play BRP, which is pretty much GURPS with most of the optional rules removed, fewer and less well researched sourcebooks and a percentage system.
>>
>>48835867
#1 game of choice since 2005
I haven't run any other system since.
>>
>>48842971

That's funny. GURPS actually have quite a few japanese supplements, so I'm surprised none of that has managed to get across the sea.
>>
>>48844158
What is BRP?
>>
>>48847227
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Role-Playing
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.