[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A weapons humble origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

In Dead Space you are forced to make use of your tools to use as weapons (in which case it's oddly convient they work so well in that capacity but that's neither here nor there)

That said, in what scenario do you imagine say, a giant vibro blade, essentially an industrial scale turkey cutter used to cut ship hulls would then be pressed ganged into use as a weapon before being refined as such? Or perhaps something like Pic related.
>>
sorry what?
>>
>>48835361
I think OP wants to make a very specific thing happen in his game but is disguising it as a general question so it doesnt look like he's just asking for help
>>
>>48835382

Not really, I suppose I didn't phrase it well but the idea was making weapons out of tools I guess.

It's not like it hasn't bee done before; flails used for threshing wheat turning into, well, flails. Scythes with their original blades replaced by straighter ones for use in combat that sort of thing only using future shit
>>
File: Corpuspolearm.png (66KB, 512x312px) Image search: [Google]
Corpuspolearm.png
66KB, 512x312px
>Designed as an energy saw to quickly scrap obsolete ships, this tool was quickly banned when rebels in the Sedna region realized it made an excellent weapon"
>>
>When the minotaur armies invaded it was up to Farmer Joe and his trusty cattle prod to defend his homestead
>>
>>48835498

Yeah, shit like this, although I do find the arrange of the blades weird. Do they turn so they are horizontal in relation to the pole like some kind of laser rake?
>>
>>48835705

>not using lasers to rake his leaves

How else are you going to rake the leaves that fal off your cyber-trees?
>>
>>48835841
A plasma leaf-blower, clearly.
>>
>>48835705
In game the "blades" change direction depending on what kind of swing you're making so they always hit at a flat angle.
>>
Depends, chances are the situations are going to be similar to Dead Space.

Groups forced to try and create weapons out of whatever they got handy. People who are in a non-combat role who need to repurpose their tools for combat.
>>
>>48835188
Good work!
Now do it in reverse.
>>
>>48838858
Forced to use weapons as tools? That doesn't sound like a good idea.
>>
>>48838937
Depends on the weapons. And not necessarily forced, it just turns out you can create hyperefficient maglev trains using the superconductors you made for the railgun,
>>
File: [TONK INTENSIFIES].gif (445KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
[TONK INTENSIFIES].gif
445KB, 650x650px
>>48838858
kebab removal
>>
>>48835188
Weapons, like any other tool, only are created or evolve to be a solution to a problem. The only setting I could come up with on the spot in which tools for deconstructing machines or large metal things are used as weapons is on in which the things you fight are large metal things like machines. Maybe something like a giant bug could also work, with its extra dense chitin.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.