[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 32

File: wraithkick.jpg (729KB, 1575x1173px) Image search: [Google]
wraithkick.jpg
729KB, 1575x1173px
Let's hope people don't respond to /pol/ bait edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Stupid rule question :

In the Angel of Death supplement there are formations that specify that you can field one Contemptor Dreadnought.

Can I field a Contemptor Deadnought from IA2 or am I confined to the options that are listed on the Contemptor's datasheet from the supplement.
>>
>>48829276
Since it got swallowed in the mix of doomsaying and /pol/fighting, I did some updates to the "General" tactica on 1d4chan, and was wondering people's thoughts. I haven't kept up 100% with the draft FAQs so certain things I may end up missing out on too.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Advanced_Notes -Updated notes for Shooting

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Advanced_Notes_2 -Updated notes for Assault
>>
File: 64572819458.jpg (952KB, 1280x1856px) Image search: [Google]
64572819458.jpg
952KB, 1280x1856px
>people actually think Warhammer 40k is a white supremacists/reverse SJW wet dream
>>
I played Orks in 5th edition.
I had to leave my FLGS shortly before the release of 6e.
I trade my (foolishly) traded probab;y 5500 points of orks for some cash money, and bought into CSM because CSM were about to be released, and I love the look of Thousand Sons.
I played a few 1000-1500 point games of thousand sons and got absolutely fucking devastated by anything not in power armor. I absolutely fucking devastated Spess Mehrans.
I haven't played in probably 4 years?
I heard they overhauled alliances and they are way more open. Are 40k Demons good? Could I run say 2 or 3 squads of Thousand Sons with a shit ton of Tzeentch Demons and not get tabled? I don't care about winning tournaments but is the game, in mid August 2016, worth investing a little bit into for a player primarily focused on Thousand Sons. What have the new codices and edition(s?) done for Chaos Space Marines and the game in general.

tl;dr: I fucking love Thousand Sons. I could reinvest in the hobby for probably pretty cheap. What has happened to the game in the 4 or 5 years of my absence?
>>
>>48829393
Well daemons are great in the psychic powers especially if you are using tzeentch as the ally. I'd say go for it

P.s Daemon player myself
>>
>>48829327

You are confined to the angel of death contemptor.
>>
>>48829429
fuckin dope. Tonight is the store I'm close to's tabletop night I might take my shit in and see whats what.

What edition they up to? 7? Im assuming my codex is still Up to date but I'd need Daemons?
>>
>>48829496
Yup it's 7th now. What Ed chaos Marines book you have? Is it hard cover
>>
>>48829393
>Are 40k Demons good?
Tzeetch daemons with summoning are very powerful, but can be extremely annoying to play with or against because they take a massive amount of time in the psykic phase.

Nurgle daemons are just solidly good, especially with the new formation. They do get weaker as point values increase as the higher point values means that more armies can include more options to address high cover saves and FMCs, and higher point nurgle daemons doesn't really open up new options, just fills them out more.

Khorne demons aren't that good, unless you run them as Khorne demonkin. Then they are much more resilient and able to last into the late game when you'd have your units up in the enemy's face.

Haven't played against slaanesh demons so I can't tell you that.
>>
>>48829571
>Yup it's 7th now. What Ed chaos Marines book you have? Is it hard cover
It is. Im assuming its the newest one.

>Tzeetch daemons with summoning are very powerful, but can be extremely annoying to play with or against because they take a massive amount of time in the psykic phase.

My opinion of 40k is that the rules are shit and I just want to field fun models as efficiently as possible. So if Tzeentch Daemons are even remotely playable I would play them.
>>
>>48829635
>My opinion of 40k is that the rules are shit and I just want to field fun models as efficiently as possible.
very fair. My point wasn't even so much about power, just a warning about time.

So don't bring this to a game where there are tight time constraints, and have things to make the summoning go a bit quicker. Notecards you can stick next to the units are nice, or if you are willing to multiple copies of the psykic power cards so you can quickly look up who has what and what the powers do.
>>
>>48829635
I did a summon list b4 took 6 hours for a 1850 game..

But daemons are as tg would say are *<bold>FUN</bold>
>>
Im building a WW1 trench warfareish Ork army for shits and giggles to play with my buddies and so far it has a decent amount of conversions already. I'm looking to add some big gunz for fire support my boys but the GW models are around $40 a model in Canada and I'm not really too keen on dropping 2 bills to get my 5 kannons, or lobbas. Anyone know of any other game system or source for cannon models that would fill that role? I've got more then enough grots around to act as the crew/meatshield so not worried about that.

TL;DR I need some cannon models, Geedubs too expensive, anyone know of any other good ones?
>>
So I just bought some Ruststalkers for my admech and was wondering which was better ChordClaw/Razor or double Blades?
>>
>>48829347
Being honest, it's very hyper-masculine which could be interpreted as "Anti-SJW." Like, how many named women are there as major recurring characters compared to men? Then there's the fact that the only important faction of humans, Marines--you know it's true--, are made up of ridiculously exaggerated parodies of men.

If there were a psyker corps it wouldn't really make sense for them to not be slightly more egalitarian in terms of gender ratio considering, insofar as I know, psyker powers aren't sex-segregated or affected by it overly much.

It's understandable why this is the case, considering it's appeal to twelve year old boys is the hyper-masculinity, and this demand fuels GWs future marketing but there is an argument regardless.
>>
>>48829724
>>48829714
>>48829600
So as I'm browsing my codex

Looking like I have a sorceror, so thats like 100 points
2 squads of 9 1ksons, (150+4*23+35pt Rhino)*2 = 554, round to 600 wth upgrades on Rhino
I have a counts-as Forge or Mauler fiend that is actually pic related and sexy AF, so thats 200 more if I take 3 ectoplasma cannons.

I have like 900 points in 2 units of 9, a sorceror and a heavy support. I dont have a demon codex handy but I probably could poach the rest of my points from there, eh?
>>
>>48829891
I see no pic, or was that the joke?
>>
File: necrosphinx-11.jpg (65KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
necrosphinx-11.jpg
65KB, 1083x720px
>>48829891
>I have a counts-as Forge or Mauler fiend that is actually pic related
pic related
>>
Lads, I'm being bullied into buying Death Masque for the Death Watch.

So my opponents, two of them, will just be Harlequins.

How will be the best way to deal with them? As I understand their holofields are not cover saves but 5++

Any advice would be welcome.

(apparently, stay the fuck out of combat)

(I asked this yesterday or the day before but I lost my internet connection)
>>
>>48829856
>Like, how many named women are there as major recurring characters compared to men?
Eisenhorn had important female acolytes, Ciaphas Cain novels have several important recurring female characters. The Dark Heresy Trilogy (which I am still mad never got finished) had a near even mix of female and male characters.

Gaunt's Ghosts added in female characters after a bit.

Outside of pure Space Marine novels, female characters are pretty common.

Now the models are another issue. As you pointed out, there isn't a good explaination for why stuff like the psyker models have no female options, and the same for quite few guard units.
>>
>>48829913
>How will be the best way to deal with them? As I understand their holofields are not cover saves but 5++
lots of shooting, strength isn't that important as you're going against t3, with a few t4, and AV10. So lots of S4-6 shooting.

>As I understand their holofields are not cover saves but 5++
correct. Their vehicles and bikes can jink, but they have a free upgrade that gives them a 4++ save for one turn, so Ignores cover doesn't matter.

>stay the fuck out of combat
pretty much, They are super fragile, so if you survive you'll kill some things back. But they hit first, hit hard, and can hit and run. Flamers for the overwatch are good though.

They also have literally no options for skyfire, and limited anti-vehicle options, so those flier transports will fuck them up.

But mainly, shoot them with weight of fire. Don't worry about terrain and cover, because it basically doesn't matter to them.
>>
Hello /tg/, I finally decided to start playing 40k since I kinda come to terms with newcrons, and I need your advice.

I want to play as (primarily) infantry necron army, mostly for fun but not complete clusterfuck in tactical sense, and I have 28 warriors with scarabs from old battleforce and lord and so:
1) Is it possible to play Lord as himself and just but more stuff for him or should I just proxy him as Overlord?
2) What to buy next? I asked in the shop/club I buy my stuff and was assured that Immortals are always good, which seams to be true after looking a little at 1d4 page, and theoretically I would have been done with this, since I'd want start with a little battles but there's sale going until end of the summer so I would like to buy something for the future.
And so, Deathmarks yay or nay? Are they useful, need big skill to effectively use?
Do I need melee? Because from what I read Praetorians are only useful in some situations and entry on 1d4 about Lychguard seams confusing: are they only good as bodyguards to overlord? Or they can be used without him in regiment? I heard that Flayed Ones aren't so useless as in 5th ed but their models are still ugly so I wouldn't consider them unless they are essential now.
3)If I later to try play with some vehicles/artillery/monster which one I should consider?
>>
>>48829933
Are there female Commissars? I know that generally regiments are gender-segregated outside extenuating circumstances (like Cain's Valhallan dudes and dudettes) or cultural differences.
>>
What would be the best options to take for an Armoured Task Force in your opinion ?

For those who don't know, an AMT is composed of 3 squadrons of Wirlwinds, Vindicators and/or Predators.

I was thinking going for one of each but maybe there is a better way.

Also, since the 3 Vindicators squadron benefit seems a bit broken I won't feild it. I like the 3 Wirlwinds one tho.
>>
>>48830514
There was a female commissar miniature, so yes?
Then again, Commissar fluff was revised recently, so it might just be a boy's club now.
>>
>>48830341
1) You can play him as a simple Lord but you would do better as just proxying him

2) Immortals are awesome, take at least one unit. Other great buys : Wraiths for your melee option, Night Scythes for your AA and Ghost Arks to provide even more survivability to your Warriors.

3) As I said, Ghost Arks and Flying Croissants all the way

If you ever want to be competitive, take a look at the Necron Decurion.
>>
>>48829475
Not if they have the same name? Why do you think it is limited to the AoD Contemptor?
>>
>>48829330
It's nice, nothing new for veterans but it might be useful for newbies and the less tactically inclined. Good work Anon.
>>
>>48830548
The Predator squad bonus is great against super heavies and such
The Whirlwind one is a loss really good and more versatile than Predators
the Vindicator one is kinda bad considering no smart opponent is letting all three Vindicator within deathbomb range
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 600x800px
Alright 40k general, with the impending release of 8th edition and AoE :^) GW has choosen you to add a maximum of two completely new units (no variants of an existing unit, like a new pattern of termie armour) to your favorite army that fills a battlefield role the army is lacking in (think centurions addition to C:SM in this edition). It can be absolutely anything, with the only conditions being that you have to give an excuse for why it hasn't been included up unitl this edition, and the reason can't be "the plot's moving forward and the faction invented this because end times"
What do you add to what codex, what does it look like, and what's the fluff behind it?
here's to hoping we can have some better, more interesting and more on topic discussed than last thread
>>
>>48830632
So I take that as Deathamrks aren't that useful and Lychguard is only good as Overlord's buddies? Well Wraiths looks nice and I may even paint them so I consider them. Ghost Ark looks really derp though Seriously, it was one of my biggest problems with new models, it looks so goody with warriors hanging on it, especially since teleportation is kinda Necron shtick, very sad I don't have enough skill to convert it to its early concept art

But thanks.
Also, Tesla or Gauss? Even if I buy two boxes I still plan to play first with just one regiment

>>48829933
That's just GW being to greedy to spent on more diverse models. Since you're right and at least IG and both of Eldar could have female models. It's same reason why you can only play as Cadians and offshoots or even more overpriced Krigians, unless you're good at conversion.
>>
>>48830905
I have about enought points to spare to take 3 Wirlwinds and two more tanks.

Should I go for :
>one of each Vindicator and Predator
>two Predators
>two Vindicators
>More Wirlwinds
>>
>>48830921
Scions

>Hellrifle Snipers
>take hellrifle from inquisition (36" S6 AP 3 Heavy 1)
>two man units, shooter and spotter
>as long as spotter is alive, shooter gets BS 5 and ignores cover
>different "ammo types/charge packs/whatever," maybe one use only
>anti-materiel: S10 AP 6
>overcharge/focused beam/etc: S3 or 4 maybe, AP 1 Gets Hot
>camo cloaks

>Close Infiltration Team
>start with bolt/hotshotlas pistols and CCW, can buy Deathwatch shotguns with special ammo
>special camo cloaks/devices for +2 cover
>Infiltrate + Scout instead of Deep Strike

Also, give them the Solar Auxilia WS 4 Power Axe dudes as elites cause those dudes are dope as fuck.
>>
>>48830954
Lychguards and Dathmarks are fine but more thuned for casual lists. Wraiths are awesome : extremly resilient (especially with a kanoptek harvest formation) and they hit pretty hard while being on the cheap.

Too bad you don't like Ghost Arks because they do a fantastic job at screwing with your opponent on the table. Still consider to take Night Scythes for your Imos.

And take Gauss, it's overall better unless you are facing other 'crons.
>>
Does the cadian artillery formation allow my vox casters in chimaera's to target units for twin linked?
>>
>>48830632
Also, no I don't plan to play big, mostly fun, I just want to be able to do something other then watch pretty but useless models die.
>>
>>48830921

CSM :
>Cerberus Armored Vehicle

AV 12/10/10, 3HP, Tank, 12 transport capacity, Assault Vehicle, Heavy Falmer, 50pts.
This would enable units like Berzerkers and push CSMs to be a more CC oriented army.
>>
>>48830341
Necron Infantry is great, whether transported by Ghost Arks or just moving on foot. Remember to take min size units to avoid losing large units after a failed morale test. Leadership 10 is usually pretty nice, but your unit runs on average after losing by 4 in close combat, which inevitably leads to you comparing your D6+2 to your opponent's D6+4 or more and probably losing, so when you do make sure you are losing 1-4 instead of 10+ models.
>1)
Overlords are the best option if you want your lord to be choppy, if you want him shooty/hidy you might as well go with the budget version.Decurion formations require an Overlord and no Lords though.
>2) Immortals are good, not quite as good as the Jetbikes though, stick to gauss whether you do bikes or immortals though. I used to swear by Deathmarks but I've recently had a falling out with them. Not being able to depend on having your unit from turn 1-7 but instead having to roll for it starting turn 2 is a major downer, on top of that scattering can fuck you up big time if you play with a proper amount of terrain. Their worth mostly depend on how much terrain you play with I would say. You don't need melee, most melee units suck and the ones that don't you can't touch anyway. Necrons are actually pretty hefty in CC and can beat most other factions semi-competent melee units, your only problem are deathstars, but again, you can't do anything against those anyways. Our melee units should be used offensively not defensively. Praetorians and Lychguard are both pretty good.
>3)
If you decide to take a C'tan remember to take the item that increases their T to 8, otherwise they are beyond horseshit. The Deceiver sucks the most balls, the Nightbringer sucks the least balls.
Ghost Arks are good, the rest are meh or bad. This is not a vehicle edition. Night Scythes in particular should be pointed out, they are bad. They used to be good, don't get editions mixed up, they were nerfed to hell and back since the last codex
>>
File: honey.webm (991KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
honey.webm
991KB, 640x640px
What's the sweetest part about your army?
>>
>>48829856

I think Cain might be a bad example for "muh progressive" I am pretty sure he fucks half of the main women characters
>>
>>48830921
I think the Necron roster is fairly nice, with the exception of super-heavies. I would add a couple of 1500+ pt models to our arsenal. A miniature sun and a huge pyramid that sucks out peoples souls and feed them to nearby C'tan. The reason they haven't been included is because the Necrons have so far felt it beneath themselves to use these ancient weapons of war, but the Silent King demands they be taken in use to stop the Tyranid menace.
>>
For lower point battles (750-1250) am I better off having more bodies on the field or should I be bringing more specialized and expensive units?

I am play Necrons, having just started almost three months ago, against my friends' Ultra Marine and Imperial Guard.

Besides an overlord, a warrior and three more tomb blades I am putting my whole force on the table so I would like to know where to go from here:

HQ:
Cryptek (80pts) w/ The Solar Staff

Troops:
10 Warriors (235pts) in a Ghost Ark
19 Warriors (247pts)

Elite:
Triarch Stalker (125pts) w/ Heat Ray

Fast Attack:
3 Tomb Blades (60pts) w/ Nebuloscopes

747/750

I will be building in steps of 250, both my friends already have sizeable armies between two and three thousand points.
>>
>>48831009
give this man a tempestus platoon!
>>
>>48830743
Because it's clearly how it is supposed to work. Unit from codex A goes in formation from codex A, besides which FW stuff can specifically only be taken in FOC slots (Or unbound if you're a shit)
>>
>>48831004
Predators
the other elements of your list probably add enough s4/5 shots to make more Whirlwinds not helpful
>>
File: 0_12eca4_d3cbdd54_orig.jpg (179KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
0_12eca4_d3cbdd54_orig.jpg
179KB, 1024x677px
Hey, what's all the vehicles based off of the chimera? I feel that these Russian models would fit best as a chimera.
>>
>>48831094
>>48831240
Is that typo in tuned or some English slang I'm not aware of?

Anyway, I think I'll get Deathmarks, if only to have some fun. Still not sure who'd be better, Wraiths or Lychguard but at least melee isn't really a problem, it seams.

I probably get Ghost Ark someday, bou only when I can convert it for my taste. And while Night Scythes looks nice I didn't considered fliers anyway, so that's not a lose.

[spoilers]Probably wouldn't get C'tan since they bring butthu I mean bad memories[/spoilers]

Thanks!

Also, should I read anything on new lore or latest codex is enough?
>>
File: trakk.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
trakk.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
Am I allowed to take two Deff Kannons for Buzzgob's Stompa, for 150pt?
>>
>>48831651
Will your opponent even know or care enough?
>>
>>48831679
dat's kunnin'
>>
>>48831651
why ever would you not be able to?
>>
File: 1445308119858.jpg (101KB, 864x717px) Image search: [Google]
1445308119858.jpg
101KB, 864x717px
>>48829347
http://www.radixjournal.com/altright-archive/altright-archive/main/the-magazine/into-the-grim-darkness?rq=40k
>>
File: upset necron lord.jpg (56KB, 536x497px) Image search: [Google]
upset necron lord.jpg
56KB, 536x497px
>>48829912
>mfw i never got those tomb kings or bretonnia models i always wanted but never got due to having a backlog
>>
>>48831436
I suppose you might even be able to do it now. Take Inquisitor with Hellrifle and a Psyker level for prescience. Bring Tellion and Scouts in as an allied detachment. Inquisition acolytes can kinda do the power axe thing but they're more expensive and WS 3. Psyker prescience and Priest could help there too.
>>
>>48831266
There's a cult that worships him as an avatar of the Emperor, and the High Lords are okay with it. I think Cain has the best luck in the galaxy.
>>
Is battlescribe broken, or am I retarded? I want to make a renegades and heretics army with noise marines supporting it, but it's not letting me. Says it needs convant of slannesh, but I already picked it under the arch demagogue.
Am I doing it wrong, or is battlescribe fucking up?

>>48829393
Orks are great right now. Mek guns are OP as fuck, str 8 ap 2 for 30 points each, using crew for wounds. At a grot's BS, and youc an buy extra grots for 3 point each.
Use warboss on warbike as zhadsnark, and use a bunch of warbikers with nobz as troops. Get a few deffkoptas
also, vedros is great if you want to use trukk boyz.
>>
>>48831747

I really hate politics sometimes
>>
Ok, threw together a 1000 point Tzeentch/CSM list. I'm sure it's terrible.

+++ Thousand Sons (999pts) +++

++ Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

Force Options (Supplement options here) [No unique force (Vanilla CSM Codex)]

+ HQ +

Sorcerer [2x Additional Mastery Level, Aura of dark glory, Bolt Pistol, Force Stave, Mark of Tzeentch, Power Armour, Spell familiar]

+ Troops +

Chaos Space Marines [9x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Chaos Rhino, Meltagun, Meltagun, Veterans of the Long War]
····Aspiring Champion [2x Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs]

Thousand Sons [Chaos Rhino, 4x Thousand Son]
····Aspiring Sorcerer [Force Stave]

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [Mark of Tzeentch, Obliterator]

Obliterators [Mark of Tzeentch, Obliterator]

++ Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Daemonic Heralds
····Herald of Tzeentch [Psyker Level 3]

+ Troops +

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [11x Pink Horrors]

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [11x Pink Horrors]
>>
>>48829393

>>48832307
here.

Vedros has generic space marines you can corrupt too, and it's 50$ for a dreadnought, deffkopta, and a buncha infantry.
>>
>>48829891
>>48829600
Slaanesh are glass cannons.
Their chariots can absolutely ruin anything if the get the charge.

They crumble if they take a charge though.

Very cheap army pointwise but expensive dollarwise, esp with their low points costs.
>>
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

IF THE EYE OF TERROR WAS CREATED BY THE BIRTH OF SLAANESH DURING THE FALL OF THE ELDAR THEN WHY WOULD THE NECRONS BUILD THE PYLONS ON THE CADIAN GATE WHEN THE NECRONS WENT TO NAPNAP TIME 60 MILLION YEARS AGO IF THE PURPOSE THE PYLONS WAS TO DISSAPATE THE WARP????
>>
>>48832307
30 points and 46$ per gun.
>>
>>48833231
C'tan stuff.
>>
>>48833235
>30pts

Try 18
>>
>>48833231
It was a thin place making it easy for eldar to manifest powers so they centered their dominion around it, the pylons were an attempt to cut the eldar off.

The birth blasted through the weakest point which was also the centro of eldar decadence.
>>
>>48833286
God that sounds like bullshit but OK
>>
>>48833260
If you take kannons or lobbas sure but the gun question is the KMK.

Also kannons/lobbas/zzaps use the fugly old resin recast of metal models at 30$, Mekgunz only have the fancy new types.
>>
>>48833231
Was there no Chaos before the eye of terror opened?

I don't know much Heresy.

Also did all Necrons go to sleep with their king gave the order or did some stay up?

Couldn't they have programmed their Canopte-trash to build stuff defensively while they slept?
>>
>>48830921
I'm terrible with names!

>The Flying Thingy! -IG
It's a fighter.
For the Imperial Guard.
Because the Vendetta was nerfed.
And I'm salty for it.
>>
>>48833326
There was but they normally needed summoning/stupid psykers/warp travel bow waves to get into realspace and then regular sacrifices to stay.
>>
>>48833340
Vulture/Avenger
>>
>>48833326
Canopteks did do maintenance and kept stasis tombs working.
Still eons years without debugging or proper repairs took its toll.
>>
>>48830921

Too fucking easy for orks. Tanks, fast units which are actually good in close combat, force multiplier characters, anything survivable and shooty... just fucking anything good which isn't a cheesed-out artillery battery or meganobs really.
>>
>>48830921
Orks: Ill pass on one new unit to tweak and move old ones around in slots.

New unit: Kustom Tank squadrons.
Looted tanks but with a choice of customizable packages for "slots"
Like super hard frontal ramming armour but mutually exclusive with assault vehicle. Souped up engine but mutually exclusive with extra shooty gun
Increased transport cap but exclusive with sponsons.
That sort of shit.
Stick a keyword on each so youd have a "Ded ard' Supa-red, Blasta waggon" (Ramming, faster, sponsons)
>>
File: AT-TE_TCW.jpg (101KB, 690x370px) Image search: [Google]
AT-TE_TCW.jpg
101KB, 690x370px
>>48830921
A form of transport for SkitMech, like the AT-TE walkers from prequel trilogy of Star Wars. Something that looks robotic/mechanical but also has guns and can fit troops inside.
>>
>>48830921
Ork roks.
Lets orks deepstrike.
Looted meteors/ chunks of space hulk. They already exist in 40k fluff.
>>
Posted my Necron list when people were talking about them, any advice for >>48831383
>>
>>48833235
Modelsandminis.com
10$ (Frequesntly less with sales.) per gun.
>>
Combined Arms Detatchment

HQ
•Haemonculus - 125
-Webway Portal
-Animus Vitae

Elite
•10 Grotesques - 350

•5 Trueborn - 180
-4 Blasters
-Venom
-Splinter Cannon

•5 Trueborn - 180
-4 Blasters
-Venom
-Splinter Cannon

Troop
•5 Warriors - 105
-Venom
-Splinter Cannon

•5 Warriors - 105
-Venom
-Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack
•Razorwing Jet Fighter - 160
-2x Dark Lances
-4x Shatterfield Missiles

Heavy Support
•Ravager - 140
-3x Dark Lances
-Night Shield

•Ravager - 140
-3x Dark Lances
-Night Shield

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Haemonculus Covens - Dark Artisan Formation

•Haemonculus - 105
-Webway Portal

•Cronos - 125
-Spirit Probe

•Talos - 135
-Haywire Blaster
-Chain Flails

I'm doing this

I'm gonna do it right now
>>
>>48832330

Is this even worth putting on the table?
>>
>>48834308
Why the Haemonculus in the CAD when you can take a Succubus ?
>>
>>48834382
CSM is kinda shit right now. I dunno much about it, but I'd recomend getting some cultists.
>>
>>48834409

Hmm, without the points invested into a weapon the Succubus doesn't pack much more of a punch in melee.

I'd rather keep those points in the Animus Vitae for the slight chance in a buff to the PFP, although the grotesques themselves won't see any real benefit from it until they gain Fearless turn 3 or 4 at the earliest.

Not particularly bothered about lack of assault grenades if I do run a full 10 man grotesque unit. That's 30 T5 FnP wounds. Could easily drop a number of them to include extra things elsewhere.
>>
>>48831264
Their models.

Dark Eldar
>>
>>48830921
I just add customizable Space Marine Commanders to the Dark Angel Codex and Legion Destroyers.
>>
>>48830921
Just smack Grey Knights and Inquisition back together again. Give them a decurion formation as well as other small formations with minor bonuses to keep them viable as allies but with the ability to be a solo army.
>>
>>48832307
Battlescribe is working for me. Did you make the Demagogue your warlord and then select the slaanesh devotion from the "Chaos covenant(master of renegades list)" or did you select it from the "chaos covenant(non warlord)" list.
>>
>>48835296
I forgot to set them to warlord. Thanks!
>>
>>48831264
That webm is what having sex with a woman must feel like.
>>
>>48833156
hold the phone, people elsewhere actually use the chariots? i'm not alone after all
>>
>>48835410
Not him but I use my burning chariots all the time.
>>
>>48835449
right, but he mentioned slaanesh chariots. i'm now painfully reminded that i need to touch up the flames on my burning chariots but i can't be bothered because it's a pain to paint
>>
>>48833326
>Also did all Necrons go to sleep with their king gave the order or did some stay up?

The Triarchs did not go to sleep, and instead travelled the stars and "marked" certain species and cultures for Necron subjugation. The reason they did this is because, as they were one of the big people who pushed Biotransference, they felt guilty for selling the souls of their race to the C'tan, and that they had condemned their people to doom. As such, they sought to continue the Necron race through manipulation and cultural influence of other races (as well as fuck over the Eldar) and seed the galaxy with Necron influence.

They honestly didn't know if the Necrons would actually wake up, or what state they'd be in if they did. When they began to reawaken, the Triarch saw a chance at redemption, and now works to wake up the various Tomb Worlds and enforce Necron culture and traditions among the Dynasties.
>>
>During a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an
assault, or is assaulted, the enemy unit(s) suffer a -1 penalty to their Toughness until the
end of the phase (this does affect the victims’ Instant Death threshold).

If you had 4 different Inquisitors with rad nades in their own individual units, and they each charged the same unit of Tactical Marines in the same Assault Phase, would the Tac unit die the second the fourth Inquisitor started his charge (providing all other 3 Inquisitors were still alive and hadn't killed the Tac unit yet)? Their toughness would be 0 since (in the Inquisition book at least) there's no restriction on stacking the effect.
>>
>>48835606

You can't lower any characteristic below 1, or 2 for Leadership.
>>
File: 1469679746815.jpg (11KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1469679746815.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
>>48831264

Easy.
>>
>>48835632
Nope, you can't lower them below ZERO. You can get them TO zero, though, and if someone drops to T 0 they die.
>>
File: Kinda Like This.png (535KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kinda Like This.png
535KB, 600x400px
>>48830921

Dark Eldar:

>Terminus Gunship

375 points

superheavy flyer, 6 hullpoints, 12/11/10 pursuit 5 Agility 5 attack flyer, Hover, Strafing run, Terminus Drive(should this model successfully destroy an enemy unit with one of its weapons, it may immediately fire that same weapon again at another eligable target, this may only occur once per weapon per turn)

armed with 2 hull mounted Disintegration Batteries (3 twinlinked disintegrator cannons per battery) 2 turret mounted Felshard Cannons (24" S1 AP 4 poisoned 3+ heavy 12 ) and the balefire crucible, 12" S10 AP1 Heavy 1 large blast Fleshbane Armour bane Instant death

may exchange a Disintegration battery for a darklight annihilator (3 twinlinked darklances) for 15 points

may exchange a Felshard cannon for a Deathfire Lance (36 Inches S8 AP1 Lance Melta) for 15 points

this aircraft has always existed but appears only in those rarest of circumstances when the dark eldar must meet the god machines and superheavies of their prey head on rather than their standard MO of simply avoiding such things, incredibly rare due to the incredible cost in slaves and materials required to construct one, the Terminus gunship is found in the hands of only the most powerful and influential of all archons. screaming through the sky at incredible speeds, the terminus heralds its arrival with an avalanche of firepower, fel anti-light pierces through the heaviest of armour while Deathfire cannons reduce the mightiest of walkers to little more than molten slag. through this hail of death and suffering the terminus glides, bringing a dozen agonising ends to those with the misfortune to find themselves under its sights, all powered by the arcane relic housed within known as the terminus drive. a pre-fall weapon designed to harvest the souls of those it kills to power further atrocities, so it is that a termius gunship will continue to fire long after the laws of a merciful universe dictate that it should fall silent
>>
>>48835632
there's a way to go to 0 for leadership but it requires an exalted reward from chaos daemons which makes the character die, highly unlikely but it could happen.
>>
So I've collected most every Tyranid model out there and I'm interested in trying out a new army. Is the Imperial Guard any good? I'm used to playing the horde/mook type armies, but the Guard is supposed to have loads of tanks and artillery, right? I'd like to play the shooty type this time without being a total fag and going Tau.
>>
>>48835727

actually, add another 35 points to the base cost, its kinda strong
>>
>>48835771
Yeh. You can either go for massed tanks and vehicals, massed infantry, infantry with vehical support, vehicals with infantry support, etc.
>>
wheres the deathwatch PDF??

i want to purge subhumans
>>
>>48830921
Unicorn-riding Sisters of Battle.
Ages ago the AdMec discovered an STC that held the genetic code for a horse-like species beyond compare. Agile, tough, powerful, able to subsist on even the barest of nutrients, these beasts (designated Etcornu by the AdMec) could revolutionize agriculture and warfare, but for one problem: controlling them was impossible. Every attempt at domestication failed, they were immune to psychic influence, and died almost immediately when inserted with mind-altering bionics. They were kept as a novelty on the AdMec-run agriworld of Fortuitus V, until the Tyranids came
With the arrival of splinters from hive fleet Behemoth, the High Magos of Fortuitis V put out a desperate call for aid, but no allies came except for a single ship bearing Sisters of Battle. The Sisters fought desperately but the battle seemed impossible, until, while defending the breeding pens of the Etcornu, one sister had the bright idea to ride one. The results were extraordinary, the beast gored hundreds of lesser creaters letting the sister focused her meltagun on the large warriors. The canoness responded by mounting all her soldiers on these creatures

After the purge was complete, the High Magos reluctantly allowed the order to keep several of the creatures for themselves, and now SoBs ride unicorns, which give them the following compared to normal sisters
+1T, +1A (from the beast itself, you see), Hit&Run, can buy a variety of melee weapons, and their AoF would give them a free 12 inch charge (don't have to roll for distance) and HoW when they get there
>>
>>48835878

thats awesome
>>
>>48835878
Fucking forgot to write: the sisters could ride the unicorns because they are pure of heart
>>
>>48835952
Its better without that. What does Pure of Heart even mean? Virgins? Loyal to the Emperor? No doubt? Always pay their tithes?

It's a tired and vague cliche.
>>
>>48829737
There is good conversion instructions online. With one trukk kit and one gun kit you can make 3. However I found with some plasticard, some extra bits from the box and ebay for wheels, I was able to make 5.
>>
>>48836027
Well then what else is the explanation? The horses just like Fleur-di-lises?
Yeah I knew it was tired, but I felt like it was necessary even if it was bad.
>>
>>48836027
Pure as in pure love of the Emperor. Lesbian love is ok, along it has lots of oil and it is done before battle while putting on their armours.
>>
What's the best white primer?
>>
How do you guys feel about Space Marine players that have multiple counts as characters?

As in, I'm working on a Pedro Kantor counts as for a Space Sharks army. I know Sharks have chapter tactics, but its Forge world and I know some people are still iffy on them, and I really just want my army to look like the sharks, even if they don't play as a beatstick army.
>>
>>48830921
I would want to explore the use of overcharged engines by Blood Angels given the devastating losses detailed in Shield of Baal. Super jump packs that go 18" or something like that, but can Get Hot and explode. The Blood Angel assault equivalent of Warp Spiders.
>>
>>48836112
just use the space shark rules, they arent OP or anything.
>>
Getting a renegade army together.
Is a flamer slannesh to you guys?
>>
>>48836098
Donald Trump
>>
>>48830514
There's one in the Gaunt's Ghosts novels.
>>
>>48836136
Anon might have also meant "how do you feel about me having Pedro Kantor in the space sharks, but calling him Sharktarkular"
>>
File: image.jpg (638KB, 1500x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
638KB, 1500x578px
Looking for something along this lines for Death Cult Assassins. Currently using Repentias, but I want to try them against Orks.

I play a mix of SoB, Big I and Imperial Guard, with SoB as the bulk.
>>
File: Amberley_Vail[1].jpg (288KB, 867x1249px) Image search: [Google]
Amberley_Vail[1].jpg
288KB, 867x1249px
>>48831266
>I am pretty sure he fucks half of the main women characters
He's explicitly outspoken (in his memoires) about how he never slept with anyone in his regiments, including Colonel Kasteen (whom he found beautiful). In fact, as of the first book, when he meets Amberley, he doesn't sleep with anyone else.

>Fight or Flight (short story) - mentions he slept around at the Schola
>The Beguiling (short story) - was seduced by a slaaneshi sorceress, still put a lasbolt through her head during the deed
>Sector 13 (short story) - slept with the Custodes Sergeant of the agriworld (after being stationed there for several years)
>For the Emperor (first book) - gets a mixed gender regiment, meets Amberley, doesn't sleep with anyone
>Caves of Ice (second book) - sleeps with Amberley
>Traitor's Hand (third book) - Cain mentions he's in a personal relationship with Amberley. Slaaneshi cultist uses a spell to disguise herself as someone the viewer loves. Appears as Amberley. Cain doesn't sleep with anyone.
and so on.

There are a ton of main female characters that appear starting with the novels (Amberley, Kasteen, Sulla, Penlan, Maggot, Maggot's-lesbian-lover-I'm-forgetting-the-name-of-but-is-certainly-bisexual), but he only ever sleeps with one. The best one, of course, because he's a man of taste.
>>
>>48836150
Just pack em up with a heavy bolter and 4 plasmas . . .

Nothing says Slaneesh like the pop and sizzle of a failed Gets Hot! roll.

(Ps. Slaneesh devotion sucks on Renegades and turns one of the best armies in the game into shit)
>>
>>48836216
Mentioned in Cain too
Honestly it makes sense, Guard are only as good as their guns, it doesn't really matter who's holding them, man or woman, and you can understand how it might be better for morale to have someone of your own gender leading you. If it weren't so Taboo, we'd probably see Child Soldier IG running around.
>>
>>48835632
I see you never been multi-charged by 3 separate groups of Inqusitors with rad grenades.

Melted my 50 man blob right of the table before a single dice was rolled . . .
>>
>>48836270
It's for noise marines.
>>
>>48836283
>If it weren't so Taboo, we'd probably see Child Soldier IG running around.
>taking someone easily impressionable, curious, and likely headstrong into battle against the foes the Imperim fights
"No."
>>
>>48835410
Dude, you can summon a HoS in a chariot with Sacrifice.
>>
>>48836306
How the fuck that happen? I wish to know this secrets. (I love using Inquisitors, facing Xenos at least one from Ordo Xenos, facing Imperium, Ordo Hereticus, facing Chaos, Malleus)
>>
>>48836325
Just go Renegade Purge/Horde detachement and ally with Chaos Space Marines.

now you've got decent psykers, noise marines, helldrakes, noisedreads and unlimited arty and +999 heavy & Elite slots for renegades.

Renegades are allowed to ally with Chaos and CSM without any faults.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 676x137px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 676x137px
>>48836431
It only takes 120 pts of inquisitors (25 body + 15 rad grenades, x3) to instantly kill any sided unit of guardsmen in a single assault.
>>
>>48836269
Amberley never struck me as the arcane tome bound with chains on her outfit type. She has people for that. Other than that, that's a great on the job look otherwise.
>>
>>48836283
Logistic wise is rather impractical to use children. Men and women? Beside the two sizes, too small and too big you are ready to go.

Beside it is the Imperial Guard. When your enemies are deamons, super humans, battle fungus, psykers, techno anime, ayy imao that finished sciences and many others. Beside working as an army and shooting everyone is good enough.
If the guard survive long enough you have some tough and badass humans.
>>
>>48836269
Actually he slept with the female enginseer.
>>
>>48836269
He bones the tech-priest and a few other women casually. The one woman whose name was a Winnie the Pooh pun who was in the Imperial Navy for that matter.

He does never touch any of women in the regiment though, correct.
>>
>>48836507
Do you have the rad rules at hand? I still can believe this sheer awesomeness.
>>
>>48836431
Several combined Inquisitorial Detachements with x2 inqusitors x2 henchmen squads.

Total 6 inqusitors, packed alongside a min-maxed Krieg assault squadron.

Add in the psyker fuckery that goes along having cheap psyker henchment and decent melee abilities in the form of Crusader and Death Cult assassins . . .

Once the match hits turn 4-5 the board is a slog of rad Krieg troops tying up squads and invisible inqusitors running around comboing rad grenades up my butt while using Psyk scream on everything else.

X6 rad grenades total
X12 warp dice
Two separate Psykers in every squad.
Tons of 3++
=
Pain.
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 673x70px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 673x70px
>>48836572
They have to be separately declared charges (separate units), but it works.
>>
>>48836557
Just how many children do you think Cain has? Imagine all of the child support he has to pay.
>>
>>48836572
Rad grenades lower T before Initiative is even taken into account.

It's happening at the moment you declare assault (and roll for charge range)
>>
>>48830921

>Sisters of Battle

See, making a "new unit" that isn't a modified version of something else is very difficult for Sisters because each unit is essentially a core principle. Normally, I'd say give celestians the option to have power weapons/Storm shields and Seraphim the option of using their pistols in melee, but I have other ideas.

>Emperor's Deliverance
13/11/10 Assault Vehicle
12 Model capacity
Dozer Blade
Deliverance: Models may always disembark and assault as if it had remained stationary regardless of how far it moved.

The Exorcist is an old and complex machine, so old that sometimes damages to its weaponry can not be repaired. When this happens, the chassis can still be salvaged and repurposed.

Due to the unique positioning of the cockpit controls compared to a normal Rhino, the innards of a disarmed exorcist is more open. With slight modifications to the front panel, it is transformed into a transport capable of transporting the Sororitas directly to the front lines into the heat of battle with little fear from small arms fire thanks to the hardened front armor of the former exorcist.

>Holy Wrath Fighter
11/11/11 Flier
Strafing Run
Inferno Mega Bolter
0-4 Missiles
Frag Missile
Melta Torpedo
>Inferno Mega Bolter
S5 Ap4 Heavy 6 Fleshbane
>Melta Torpedo
S8 Ap1 Armorbane
>Strafing Run
Instead of firing normally, the HWF may perform a Strafing run with its IMB. To do this, place a flamer template anywhere along the path the HWF moved with the large end closer to the hull than the small end. Models under the template are hit with no cover saves allowed.
>>
File: Captur.png (34KB, 404x511px) Image search: [Google]
Captur.png
34KB, 404x511px
>>48836554
>>48836557
Really? I'm only up to The Traitor's Hand (reading in published order) and Amberley's the only one on his mind. Do either of those scenes take place in a chronologically earlier story? Pic related.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see what sort of footnote Amberley is going to pen in at it, considering her other comments thus far.
>>
>>48836590
Wait are you telling me acolyte squads can join other squads? Or I'm tripping balls?

Right now I'm using 2 chimeras as psybolt gunboats, with a psyker each and cheap acolytes and a Landraider crusader psybolt with inquisitor, crusader, assassins and psyker.

That is my bread and butter for my usual 2 flamer and Immolator squad and 2 meltas everywhere and Immolator dominion squad.
>>
>>48836655
Seraphim can't use their pistols in melee ?

Also; Celestials would suck even if they got the storm shields as a "cheap" (SoB standards) 10p upgrade.
>>
>>48836136
>>48836235
Its not so much the rules being OP or over the top or anything, ibut more that I just want a shooty Pedro army and I want it to look like Sharks. I guess I was more of trying to get a feel if that sort of thing pissed off people on the board lol. But I mean, if you're told what the army does before the game, I feel like I wouldn't be upset personally.
>>
Considering taking this list to a 2000 point tournie, can I get some feedback on it? Due to how I've avoided a lot of specific units, I'm pretty much guaranteed to not face knights, super-heavies, mono-bike or a lot of the usual comp cheese.

[Cadian Detachment] 1995 points

[Battle Command]
CCS 225 points
> 1x - Creed
> 1x - Chimera

[Core]

Emperor's Shield Company 1575 points

1x - CCS
3x - E's Shield Platoon [470 x 3]
> 5x - Inf Platoon
> 2x - HWS; 1x Autocannon, 2x Lascannon
> 1x - Platoon CS

[Auxiliary]

E's Talon Recon Company [270 points]

> 2x - Scout Sent Squad; 3x - Sent w/ Lascannons
>>
>>48836719
If you put effort into the conversion, I won't get too salty.

I have a converted Saint Celestine so I can't be too picky about shit like this.
>>
File: Capture.png (48KB, 1057x197px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48KB, 1057x197px
>>48836715
I think he's referring to firing it in melee, like the old rules used to allow, not just whipping it like a CCW.

Presently, Cypher is the last and only model to still fire his pistols in assault.
>>
For lower point battles (750-1250) am I better off having more bodies on the field or should I be bringing more specialized and expensive units?

I am play Necrons, having just started almost three months ago, against my friends' Ultra Marine and Imperial Guard.

I will be building in steps of 250, both my friends already have sizeable armies between two and three thousand points.

Besides an overlord, a warrior and three more tomb blades I am putting my whole force on the table so I would like to know where to go from here:

HQ:
Cryptek (80pts)
>The Solar Staff

Troops:
10 Warriors (235pts)
>Ghost Ark
19 Warriors (247pts)

Elite:
Triarch Stalker (125pts)
>Heat Ray

Fast Attack:
3 Tomb Blades (60pts)
>Nebuloscopes

747/750
>>
>>48836715

In fluff, they're described as shooting people in CQC instead of smacking people with them, but on the TT, they're stuck at S3. They also used to be I4.

As for celestians, it would go a long way. The shields would allow them to eat not having an assault vehicle, and the power weapons would actually let them use their AoF. Add a priest, and you have a scary charge.

I also love the idea of Seraphim with witch lances, which would basically be a power lance with the condemnor Boltgun rule.

>>48836773
It was always in the fluff, not the rules.
>>
>>48836699
Acolyte/henchmen go with the Inquisitors.

Inquisitors can at any time break of from their respective acolyte units in order to assault (and instakill) most usual infantry units regardless of numbers.

It's odd to explain, but it looks hilarious in play.

3-4 inquisitors casts spells then break off their henchmen bubblewrap acolytes to MELT the uncounted enemies that friendly krieg models are tying up . . . Then consolidates back towards the squad again.
>>
>>48836507
Wait how does this affect Necrons? Could I charge with 4 Inquisitor, and assplode Necrons?
>>
>>48836715
I love your concept idea of celestians, but Crusaders basically do the same thing NOW with cheap storm shields and free power weapons for 15p TOTAL.
Same S3, same T3. Access to the same priest.

The charge is not so impressive as you would think. Even though I field them on a bi-weekly basis time and time again.

Celestians need more than just expensive equipment, they are already paying too much for their base rules in the unit.
>>
>>48836823
RP wouldn't do anything to stop that.
>>
>>48836613
so what actually happens to the guardsmen? do they melt or explode when in combat?

>>48836423
woah, blows my damn mind. it kinda solves the toughness problem of heralds

>>48836715
idk anon, all the loyalists love to cram storm shields in everywhere and anyone who doesn't have them complains about them (i'm looking at you grey knights)
>>
>>48836823
I've seen it played both ways over the years.
>>
>>48836862
By the Emperor! I need to try this.

Now to figure out how to fit that in 1500 along my SoB I need to troll the waacfag necron player.
>>
>>48836872
You can get Storm Shields with SoB stats for 15p (TOTAL) through Inquisitors henchmen . . . Yet I don't see anyone clamoring for them.

Look, I love SoB as anyone else and I advice people to try to allow their unique formations (apocalypse) in normal games to really get a feel for their power.

However, celestians are one of the weakest units in the SoB codex, and possibly one of the worst in the whole game of 40k. On a point for point basis, equipment and in terms of "unique rules".

Their models are one of the best though, and I use them for my regular SoB when I can.
>>
>>48836872
Also; Regarding what happens to the guardsmen. When their T drops to 0 they just die.

I'd imagine fluffily that they are instantly turned to specks of dust with their equipment left behind, or "melted" on a molecular level into a goop.
>>
File: Capture.png (247KB, 455x329px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
247KB, 455x329px
>>48836812
>It was always in the fluff, not the rules.
Are you sure? I remember seeing or reading somewhere that pistols used to be fired in close combat. Glancing through the prior rulebooks, 2nd edition is a complete clusterfuck, but it seems to be saying that. Pic related.
>>
>>48836806
More bodies.
>>
>>48836676
Oh god are you reading in chronological order? And wait how did you miss that he fucked Felicia? They didn't make any effort to hide that.
>>
Got a fat boner thinking of a universal "gunslinger" FAQ update giving seraphims the ability to shoot in melee.
>>
>>48836896
Do you have the rules for RP?
>>
>>48836858
>>48836961

The problem is that their AoF wants them in melee, but they have nothing to support that besides 2 attacks base. They are supposed to be our veterans, but never had anything to wow anyone. They were the goto unit back in C:WH because they were a cheap source of melta inside an immolator that was Fast if you used it's fleshbane heavy flamer. Now, we have Doms. I don't know what they need to be unique and good at this point. Relentless?

>>48836961
What models are you talking about? They're literally all unambiguous.

>>48837021
If they could in the rules, that was before I started playing, which was late 3rd or early 4th.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 676x117px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 676x117px
>>48836872
>so what actually happens to the guardsmen? do they melt or explode when in combat?
Well, it's pretty much radiation poisoning combined with tiny shrapnel. A man (or super human, or xeno fucking shit) can only take so much radiation before they start puking their guts out and drowning in their own filthy blood. Or in the case of the necron, I'd assume living metal doesn't do so hot with future space radiation, leading to immediate destruction or teleporting evac.
>>
>>48836507
Would this work with a group of Tau Darkstriders to make a "gaze of death" kind of army?
>>
>>48837108
>If they could in the rules, that was before I started playing, which was late 3rd or early 4th.
Yeah, starting with 3rd and onward pistols are treated as a CCW.
>>
>>48837087
Its just FnP but with added protection against instant death. Removed from play ignores it completely
>>
>>48837070
Anon, I very clearly said I'm reading in published order, not chronological. As of The Traitor's Hand, "Felicia" is not a character who has appeared yet.
>>
>>48837117
doesn't his rule only happen during shooting or overwatch?

>>48836961
have you tried the apoc formations in regular 40k?
>>
>>48837190
How the fuck did you fit 30 Repentia and 3 penitent engines in a normal game? Ok you didn't since the formation sucks, sucks so much that Orks laugh.
>>
>>48837190
Yes, when the model/unit makes a hit during shooting. Not that hard with markerlight support. With 4 Darkstriders in the same squad, hypothetically you'd gaze someone to death through sheer analyzation.
>>
>>48837237
Darkstrider is a unique character.
>>
>>48837117
Considering Darkstrider is "Unique," I'd say it can't happen. If separate players have him, it still can't happen, because it's only for that shooting attack. Pretending you are doing Unbound and they are all joined in one unit, I still think it won't work since they targe and fire at the same time (the same way a single unit of xeno inquisitors won't work; they must be separate).

>tl;dr "No"
>>
>>48837162
Oh. She's the tech-priest in the book where he lands on Perlia. I think Death or Glory? I have the omnibuses for the first six books, so besides Caves of Ice and Cain's Last Stand the names all slip my name. Since those two are super easy to pair with the story.
>>
>>48837282
Darn it.
>>
>>48837237
pretty sure darkstrider is a special character so you can't take multiples

>>48837231
i haven't; i asked if that other anon had tried it yet
>>
>>48837108
They need more readily access to cheaper power access and a general price reduction.

Relentless would be O.K. But I'd prefer another attack, or something BONKERS like a +1 in X stat as your other SoB squads (any of them) win in melee.
>>
>>48837307

Except if any other sisters are in melee, they're generally dead or otherwise not doing much of anything remotely killy.
>>
>>48837307
*cheaper power weapon access

>>48837190
The SoB Purge Squadron is excellent and a VERY "normal" formation in todays meta. I see NOTHING overpowered about it.

Unless you're playing "that guy" you'll always be allowed to use it. I've see n it in local tournamnets too.
>>
>>48837289
>I think Death or Glory?
So before he meets Amberley then.
>>
>>48837333
Of course, the rule can equally be swapped to "if they get destroyed in melee." Give it a tuff martyrdom name and wrap it up.
>>
Can monstrous creature characters join units? Like a daemon prince or keeper of secrets
>>
>>48837374
No.
>>
>>48837374
Only "Independent Characters" can join units, not just "characters." IC is a special rule, not a unit type.
>>
>>48837374
not independent characters, and if they were you wouldn't want to because it would lower their toughness

admech and dark eldar can attach characters due to a formation. this isn't 6th any more anon

>>48837340
if your locals are fine with it sure, but it's like using homebrew or forgeworld
>>
>>48837454
I don't know mang, I see KNIGHTS on the table nowwadays.

I see formations/detachements that gives FREE TRANSPORTS.

A SoB apoc formation is not over powered or crazy at all. It's one quick GW email away from being allowed in all formats.
>>
How can chaos daemons increase reserve rolls? For a slaanesh army is is better to footslog or deepstrike? Also, are melee or shooty soul grinders viable and what's the preferred load out?
>>
>>48837340

I don't even know what that is or where to find it.

>>48837363

Maybe, though Martyrdom should really be army wide and allow any squad to use an extra testless AoF whenever another unit with Martyrdom dies.

As for celestians themselves, how about you give them access to everything squad leaders have like combi and power weapons, and then let them use any AoF? Need to eat through that stealth squad? These combi-bolters ignore cover. What's that, heavy infantry? Rending combi-flamers. Need to eat a charge? 3+ FnP bitch. Then whenever a squad dies, they can use another AoF.
>>
What's the best method to strip plastic models?

I fucked up priming.
>>
>>48837595
That would be badass.

Using any AoF would open up so many possibilities. Celestians with more wargear would tip the balance towards them, now they can justify their frightening cost in firepower or melee prowess (in combination with their new "AoF's")

Maybe the only limit would be that you need all the squads in the army (dead or alive) in order to "borrow" their AoF.
>>
>>48837595
Also;
Purge Squadron
FORMATION COMPOSITION
immolators 3-6 Retributors 3-6
All Retributor Squads must include four heavy weapons and include at least one heavy bolter, one heavy flamer and one multi-melta.
SPECIAL RULES:
Relentless
>>
>>48837663
Running alcohol for a few mins, scrub with a toothbrush, repeat as needed.
>>
>>48837680

Jesus fucking christ that's terrible. You're forced to mix three weapons with zero synergy in exchange for relentless, which is 100% wasted on one of the weapons you're forced to take.
>>
>>48837738

Hold your judgement, they also get this;

Wall of Fire:
Six or more units in the formation can combine their shooting attacks into a single attack using one of the profiles below. All of the firing units must have at least one model that is in range and has line of sight to the target.

Bolter storm 36" s5 ap4 heavy 1 apocalypse blast
Flamer storm hellstorm s5 ap4 heavy1 torrent
Melta storm 24" s8 ap1 heavy 1melta large blast
Holy trinity 24" s8 ap3 heavy1 melta ignore cover massive blast

Not sure why it didn't get pasted when I copied it.
>>
>>48837787
In theory you could have 3 Immolator with retribution inside and shoot the combined shots.

No wait Immolators do not have fire points. So you need to deploy 3 ret, 3 im, see the target and then shoot. As a minimum. Even in Apoc games is kind of bad.
>>
>>48837787

Immolators aren't solo units anymore. Does it count if they're a dedicated transport? Can I use wall of fire with 3 units of they have a dedicated immolator, or do I still need all 6?
>>
>>48837853

Immolators have 1 firing point with the latest faq and also used to have the option to be taken as a heavy support in C:WH when this formation was made.
>>
>>48837853
It's bad for Apoc, but decent for normal 40k games. If only to change up the pace from the regular SoB melta/bolter slog, with the occasional penitent engine thrown in.

>>48837857
They count for the purpose of Wall of Fire.

You'd need minimum 3 immos and 3 retributor squad in order to use Wall of Fire
>>
>>48837927

I guess it's not bad for 455 points, then. I can't think of anyone who would let me use it, though.
>>
>>48837882
480 for 3 ret and 3 im. Naked ones.

Give me 2 Exorcist, Ret with flamers and pipe line any day.

Side note, SoB have a digital codex, why the fuck don't they add the correction there! This is the 21 first century, for fuck sake. Make an app with all the rules so you can update, your fucking game.
>>
>>48837967
With the formation you can now have both Ret Squads and Executioners.

You can also forgo the SoB cad all together and just use the naked Purge formations as glorified allies to IG.
>>
>>48837967

Because we're not allowed to have anything new or nice. The last time we were heavily featured outside our Codex, we got 0 new rules and were allowed into a single scenario as long as blood angels were there first.
>>
>>48838051
Also fun fact: technically, each squad can use its Rending AoF, so that you get bare minimum 3 Rending apoc templates.
>>
>>48829347
It's a warning against atheism if anything. The Emperor drove God from the world and left every single person for the rest of time to live a meaningless life of misery worshiping a man who didnt want to be a god or a evil chaos god.

The last church is 10/10 scifi writing if you read it knowing exactly how bad the emperor would fuck up.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Tg I'm building some assault terminators and I'm unsure if I should give the last two storm shields for survivability or lightning claws for more attacks at initiative. I don't have a land raider so I'll be deep-striking or footslogging them for now.

Advice on how to proceed?
>>
>>48838265
are they even primed?
>>
>>48838324
No, I'm in the process of building the assault guys. The DV termies are a (shitty) WIP. Priming happens when I can get the damm humidity outside to go down to around 55%.
>>
>>48837967
gw hardly remembers sister exist, i don't have the reaction image for how i picture gw feels about them
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
>>48838152
>The last church is 10/10 scifi writing if you read it knowing exactly how bad the emperor would fuck up.
You activated my trap card.
>>
Hey guys. You probably get this question a lot but I'll ask anyway because I can't find the answer anywhere else. I'm trying to get into 40k and everywhere I research the goto answer is to buy Dark Vengeance. My friend who got me into 40k has a CSM army make of dark vengeance minis. Is there any alternative to Dark Vengeance? (I want to play Space Marines)

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>48838595
Actually yeah, just recently a new starter box called Death Masque came out with a special faction of marines called Deathwatch and a special faction of eldar called Harlequins. You could use both, split it with your buddy, or sell the Harlies on eBay.

You can also get Start Collecting! Space Marines, but it doesn't come with the small rule book and personally I think DW and Harlequins are both cooler than normal Marines.
>>
>>48830921
Tau Vipereel Assault Drones
WS4 BS0 S4 T5 W3 I4 A2 Ld7 4+
armed with a +1S AP3 CCW and a Rending Shred CCW of which one or both can switch to a twinlinked flamer for no cost (flamer has rule that lets them shoot it despite no BS but must target closest unit it can actually affect)
Spectrum Array Field - grants stealth and shrouded but the owning player can choose at the start of either players assault phase to detonate the field losing stealth and shrouded until the beginning of the owning players next turn. If detonated in the owning players assault phase grants the effects of assault grenades and if detonated in the opposing players assault phase grants the effects of defensive grenades.
Combat Protocols - start of assault phase choose one of the following special rules: hatred, furious charge, rage
>>
>>48831747
Someone didn't get the memo that the setting was heavily laced with mockery of their values.
>>
>>48838683
shit forgot 50 points each units of 1-3 models
>>
>>48838595
Vedros is a decent deal if you do not want dark angels. Split it with ork players. 50-60$ for Contains:
1 Space Marine Captain
6 Tactical Space Marines
1 Space Marine Terminator
1 Space Marine Dreadnought
1 Ork Warboss
5 Ork Nobz
12 Ork Boyz
1 Ork Deffkopta
1 Battle for Vedros rulebook
8 Dice
>>
If you could, say substitute all your attacks with a single attack using a pistols shooting profile would that make up for the fact pistols are overpriced currently?
>>
>>48838855
Depends on the model. For an assault marine, might make plasma pistols less of a "for fun" choice. For most beatstick HQs it'd just be dumb though.

Pistols should just be 5 points for VVet equivalents and 10 for others.
>>
>>48838855
but pistols are free anon, maybe you should go to bed. it's rather late in cowboy land
>>
>>48838855
As they often go on leaders or stuff, I'd say it would be better to have "halve your attacks" instead of "replace all", no ?
Would actually make the plas pistols useful somehow :D
>>
>>48838925
perhaps it is you who must slumber
what mystical pistols are free?
>>
I'm pretty new to 40k, just starting out with Dark Angels from the Dark Vengeance starter pack, and a few more I've bought since. I have one tactical squad of ten marines, one Deathwing Terminator squad, a Librarian, a Company Master, one three-man Ravenwing Bike squad, one three-man Ravenwing Command squad, and Sammael (also just got a razorback).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to work towards with building my team comp? Thanks
>>
>>48838960
Bolt pistols
>>
>>48838960
well i am tired, but i don't recall ever paying for a pistol on any of my marines. a ccw or plasma pistol sure, but bolter and pistol is standard equipment.
>>
>>48838956
i think gets hot is another reason plasma pistols are so terrible
maybe change it to if even a single one shows up the gun doesnt fire and cant fire in anyway til the next turn? or something idk 40ks kind of weird rn
>>
>>48838970
1. Paint everything
2. Play everything
3. Play everything again
4. Play everything you got, following different strategies, against different factions/lists
5. Once you know what unit/style you like most it will be very easy to decide how to expand
>>
>>48838970
Also that comes out to 1170 points, and I'm aiming for 1850
>>
>>48838265
Three is good. If you're really using the hammers it's only because of the 3++, the hammer is nice but there's way smarter/cheaper/safer alternatives for anything a Thunder Hammer would be required for.

In my experience, the option is really good for tanking the Ap2 getting thrown your way, but that's about it. So yes, the other two should be claws.
>>
>>48839023
My friend that I split the starter pack with really likes painting the minis so I give him mine to paint, and so far I really want a bike army but I'm wondering how viable that is
>>
Inquisitors get 10 point PPs and it makes them a more viable choice relative to combi weapons. Statewise they're fine, it's just so fucking stupid when a unit can get a 10 point combi plasma or 15 for the full gun but the pistol costs the same as the full gun! It's not worth committing the points without going balls deep and forgoing the charge for the full gun.
>>
File: IMG_20150910_085431.jpg (63KB, 684x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150910_085431.jpg
63KB, 684x442px
> Space Marines player calls me WAAC for playing Daemons
> runs a list with 5 Drop Pods and Grav Bikers
>>
>>48839096
What chapters have Grav Bikers?
>>
>>48839096
that didn't happen
>>
>>48839140
vanilla marines and DA durr
>>
>>48839140
All of them except DW and SW (and GK but they don't have bikes to start)
>>
>>48839159
Wait what am I saying, DW can have gravbikes.

Can't really spam them too hard tho.
>>
>>48839156
ooooo are they Horus Heresy or can I just slap some in in my Dark Angels crew
>>
>>48839060
Ravenwing has one of the strongest alphas in the game and comes in two flavors
1. WAAC nofunforyou, with whole lotta gravguns on bikes abusing relentless, lots of plasma etc. You try to annihilate the enemy forces turn one real hard. Then either it doesn't work against him and you have a normal game (hint: doesn't happen often) or it works wonders, the game last two turns and the person won't play you again

2. Funny bikestuff, with less weapon fuckery and... Well, it's still a bitch to deal with.

Mainly, the combo of scout/2+ cover gices you a real heavy shooty turn one with guaranteed rapidfire, while removing the main disadvantage of doing so by making you neigh immune to retaliation.

As you say you're starting and if you're not in a heavily competitive meta, I'd say you'd have more fun with something more balanced (in whivh you still can include bikez)
>>
>>48839184
wut
>>
I've a question, /tg/. In the history of the Imperium, has there ever been an instance of two low-strength space marine Chapters being combined into a new chapter?

If not, would this be a feasible origin for a chapter?
Would it be possible for the chapter to have been made up of two chapters with different primarchs?
Would this be considered Heresy of the most Heretical kind?
>>
>>48839226
I think some Fist successors/dudes did that one time.

It sounds reasonable. Probably best if they share a primarch. You might get away with it if one of them was merely unknown founding.
>>
>>48839187
Thanks, this helps a lot
>>
>>48836404
in dead men walking (black library I know) some of the kriegers are barely 15, they get reinforced by a newly raised regiment and they are like 13 or so.
>>
>>48839216
what exactly are grav bikes
>>
>>48839336
ooooh
no we mean bikers armed with grav guns lol
not anti gravity jetbikes
only eldar get that gayass queso shit
>>
>>48839336
Bike armed with grav guns.
>>
>>48839368
The imperium does have jetbikes.
>>
>>48839368
>>48839370
oh well that makes sense lol
>>
>>48839382
One jetbike. And it's a Dark Angel.
>>
>>48839145
I run a Tzeentch/Khorne list. Warpflame tends to eat his units alive.
>>
>>48839388
I got Sammael not too long ago, he's pretty cool

he got killed by my friend's Wulfen really quickly because I charged him and the Ravenwing Command in like an idiot
>>
I wish GW would release a tutorial on painting the DE vehicles, following the guide from the advent calendar makes them end up too green.
>>
>>48839396
>Tzeentch/Khorne

absolutelyunfluffy.servoskull
>>
>>48839382
in the horus heresy yeah
grey knight jetbikes wouldve been neat...
>>
>>48839446
>Grey Knight Jetbikes
>With Psycannons
>Zipping around shooting mindbullets and actual bullets
Don't make me cry about what could've been anon.
>>
>>48839476
>Minotaur Jetbikes
>With Preferred Enemy (Space Marine)
>Zipping around saying fuck you to all other marines
Don't make me cry about what could've been anon
>>
>>48839266
I was considering a RG/BA combined chapter... though the more I think about it the less I like the idea. I suppose I'll just have to buy the BA chaplain and strip off some of the BA iconography to make him look better... either that or make a customized chaplain out of bits from FW https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Raven-Guard-Dark-Fury-Assault-Squad and a GW chaplain.
>>
File: The Four Powers.png (2MB, 1441x650px) Image search: [Google]
The Four Powers.png
2MB, 1441x650px
>>48839431
Khorne respects Tzeentch's power as a rival (but dislikes his methods) and has allied with him in the past. When these two ally together, nothing can stop them.
>>
>>48839527
>he wants ravens
>he wants blood
>has yet to pick BLUHD REHVENS

come on anon. DEY AH THE EMPRAHS FURY!
>>
QUESTION:
How do forgeworld Imperial Armour books work?

I play IG and have never dabbled into heretical FW gear or books. I've been torrenting FW Codices, and I can tell if these IG are up to date or 10 years out of date model rules.

Are these different groups of IG in the FW Books still IG? Are they interchangable? LIke guardsman for a guy with a gas mask or the dudes with jet packs?

Does anything go together and how do I get those rules?
>>
>>48839431
Common mistake, the oppositions are Khorne/Slaanesh and Tzeentch/Nurgle, even though Khorne/Tzeentch and Slaanesh/Nurgle are more intuitive.

Think carefully about why the oppositions in the fluff are the way they are.
>>
>>48839586
There is stuff for IG in general, but there are also specific IG lists that cannot be altered. For example, the Krieg lists cannot get outside stuff added, period, unless it says so.
>>
>>48839576

And yet they don't have Chapter Tactics.
Plus, I painted my very first SM miniatures as Blud Ravens when I first started the hobby. Don't really feel like doing that again.
>>
>>48839608
How do the FW books work? They're by volume, so I guess that would be the latest edition.
But then they're all by campaign. Where to know what's all in there and when it came out?

Is everything combatible with the current edition?
>>
>>48839586
they're dlc
>>
>>48839623
Yes there is huge amounts of stuff compatible, and the idea of summarizing everything in FW for you in a single post or even in an afternoon makes me queasy.

Suffice to say that everything in FW that you'd remotely want is compatible with the current stuff, the only stuff incompatible is blatantly dated looking shit that would be poor nowadays anyway. It won't be hard at all to figure it out.
>>
>>48839622
Just pick a CT like it says. You'd be doing that anyway.
>>
>>48839689
I also don't want to play Blood Ravens. I was mostly wanting to figure out how to justify using the BA Chaplain model in my SM army.
>>
File: Brother Captain H Hogan.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Brother Captain H Hogan.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I want to make a Chapter Master for my new chapter, what weapons should I put on him that are ideal for killing daemons of nurgle? I'm going up against drones, plaguebearers, nurglings, and soon a Great Unclean One. This is my current Captain that I kind of put together without much thought but he doesn't look or seem cool enough to be my personal Chapter Master. I'm basically making a descendant chapter from Blood Angels but since I prefer ranged combat over melee, I'm leaning towards using the SM codex over the BA codex. While most my models will be with ranged in mind, I do want my Chapter Master to be a melee beast. Over the next few days I'll be reading the Space Marine codex but any tips to get me started would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>48829810
Chordclaws because you get grenades. Can't melee wo grenades yo
>>
>>48839953
also the blades are too terrible to give up chordclaw and nades shouldve been +2 S or something
>>
>>48833231

Necron fluff is badly shoe horned into the setting and creates lots of plot holes and retcons. That's all there is to it really.
>>
>>48840029
like tau amorite?
>>
>>48833231
>>48840029
The Void Dragon during the War in Heaven placed the Pylons in key areas in the galaxy as part of the Great Work.

The Cadian Pylons were one of these many Pylons.

It's not hard to grasp. How much of a retard are you both? Apologize now.
>>
>>48836404

Child soldiers are canon. Imperium doesn't give a fuck if you're over 18 or not.
>>
>>48840054
i kinda like the tau, i wish they had more "wait, what do you mean we're a tiny fish in an ocean not a pond" feel
>>
>>48840087
Tau pilots are more experienced and better skilled than Necron and Eldar pilots.
>>
>>48840072
>Child soldiers are canon

Cite examples.
>>
>>48840054

Tau don't cause any plot holes or retcons, so no.

>>48840070

>Citation needed
>>
>>48840119

You've already been cited several, but I'll add another: Last Days of Ector. There are child soldiers today, in our fucking world. They sure as shit are in a crapsack universe defined by its grimness.
>>
>>48840119
it'd be grim dark

>>48840102
aren't they becoming more android like? in the case of the eldar i suspect too much top gun music is distracting them and maybe the necrons need a software update
>>
File: Pylons (Void Dragon).png (332KB, 313x555px) Image search: [Google]
Pylons (Void Dragon).png
332KB, 313x555px
>>48840127
picture related.

Will you apologize or what?
>>
>>48840158
I am not the anon you were originally talking to, and if you want to cite novels you better copypasta the relevant parts.
>>
>>48840127
>Tau don't cause any plot holes or retcons, so no

Wew lad, someone is showing their green.
>>
>>48836404

Space Marines technically are/were child soldiers, as they're usually taken from warrior cultures, hive gangers, etc. and then brainwashed like real child soldiers.

3rd edition Chaos Space Marine codex has a (teenage?) soldier from a warrior culture going to war with his brothers and father, and eventually being chosen for becoming a Chaos Marine after impaling a wounded Storm Giant through their damaged armor with his spear during a final headlong suicide charge.
>>
>>48840214
In the large scheme of things, they don't. They don't have ANY activity in the greater galaxy outside of their little cluster of star systems.

If they do cause plot holes/retcons, please cite them.
>>
>>48840214

I really feel like you could remove Necrons, Tau and Tyranids and not really lose much about the setting. Genestealers can stay but remain irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>48840248
>If they do cause plot holes/retcons, please cite them.

First you have to apologize for being a retard.
>>
File: 1471227400568.jpg (63KB, 408x265px) Image search: [Google]
1471227400568.jpg
63KB, 408x265px
>>48831225
I love you
>>
>>48840253

Oh, forgot to include Orks.

Eldar at least have enough lore written up about them, though sometimes it still feels like a dodgy space opera adaptation of the High/Dark/Wood elves of Fantasy.
>>
>>48840253
Tyranids started the Age of Ending and their fluff is important for the Ultramarines and Eldar.
>>
>>48840253

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY SPACE MARINES AND SPACE MARINES
>>
>>48840291
>IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY SPACE MARINES AND *SPIKY* SPACE MARINES
fify ;^3
>>
>>48840258
Not apologizing for wanting proof. If you're so vehemently anti-Tau, grow up and accept that people like things you don't like, so you may as well tolerate them or just keep yourself away from them as much as possible and not have a bitchfit when someone mentions Tau.
>>
>>48840309
>*SPIKY* SPACE MARINES

They gonna get squatted. When was the last time they got a real update?
>>
>>48840291

Nah, I'd push Lost and the Damned and Daemons more. A LOT more.

Its clear GW only cares about the Imperium vs Chaos conflict in the long term though. Eldar are just an accessory to that. Tyranids are irrelevant and recent developments are attempts to shoehorn them into mattering. Same can be said of Orks and Ghaz being re-written to not being a total failure and jobber designed to lose his own campaign.
>>
>>48840317
That wasn't me, but the retcon comes from 3rd edition onward where Tau had lost a large section of a sector to the imperium but was then latter quoted as only a few planets that held little significance in 4th or 5th.
>>
>>48840291
>IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY TAU MODELS AND FRIENDS.

ftfy*
>>
>>48840321
>real update
>implying most of the main factions didn't get 7.5 decurion updates

eh, not a lot of updates over the past year just some campaign books and decurions.
>>
File: Solo Marine.png (691KB, 1576x548px) Image search: [Google]
Solo Marine.png
691KB, 1576x548px
>>48840218
>>
>>48840317
>Not apologizing for wanting proof.

The rest of your post is a retards drivel.

You should apologizes for these two posts>>48833231 >>48840029

The Pylons fluff is the most basic and easily understood part of Necron lore. It's explained in the Oldcron codex. it's explained in BFG, and it's all over the 40K wikis. So when anons come over here with no knowledge about Necron lore despite its accessibility and tell us it has holes and whatever, what should they be called? I mean how could you call something a plothole when you haven't read its fluff? What kind of a drooling moron are you? It's like saying "Eldar soulstones protect Eldar souls how an why? POLTHOLE deeerp"

Please apologize or fuck off.
>>
>>48840357
No new models = squatted.

Tomb Kings and Brets got rule updates but they were dropped since none of them got new models to port to AoS.
>>
>>48840384
>apologize

Is this the new DELETE THIS?
>>
>>48840384
What the fuck? That isn't me. If anyone should apologize, it's you at this point. There's 85 posters in this thread. Not everyone that replies to you is going to be the person you're sperging out at.
>>
>>48840398
>No new models = squatted.

No, the term squatted comes from when GW offically drops an item. To be fully squatted, the lore has to be retconed to not have them ever existed.
>>
>>48840407
Don't lie to me and this board. Even if it wasn't you, you demanded proof for basic lore. Which is easily known if you did any reading about the Necrons in the PAST DECADE.

Look what a simple google search did.

>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pylon
>http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Cadian_Pylon

You pretended that the Cadian Pylons were a plothole, they are not. Apologize now.
>>
>>48840407
Listen, that isn't me either. I think you and him should apologize for trying to antagonize eachother and maybe others on the internet. Every post that you are making right now is a shitpost. It doesn't contribute to the thread in any way positive.
>>
>>48840424
You do know the squats were never removed from the fluff? They are still mentioned in the lore. GW just had Tyranids eat their whole race. To be squatted is to be removed from the TT and made irrelevant in the fluff.
>>
>>48840398
tomb kings and brets got a mercy killing, which is better then languishing like sisters. tomb kings got dealt a bad hand, overshadowed by vamp counts and nagash all but killed them again in the fluff. brets were overshadowed by empire, used by the forest elves and all but killed in the fluff.

chaos won't be killed because they're one of the major antags and popular. there is a world of difference between them and tomb/brets.
>>
>>48840447
He started it by talking shit about other people's armies.
>>
>>48840456
Now, while this was all going on for 40K, we were actually doing some rather good stuff for the Squats in Epic. On this scale there was a natural tendency to focus on the big 'hand-made' war machines the Squat artisans produced, and this created an army with a feel that was very different to the biker hordes in 40K. However, this tended to reinforce the problems we saw in the Squat background rather than alleviate them, underlining what we *should* have done with the Squats in 40K.

In the end (and it took years to really get to the roots of the problem) this led to a realisation that we were going to have to drop the Squats in their 'Squat' form from the 40K background. There was little point having a major race that we weren't willing to make an army book for, and their inclusion in the background meant that people kept asking us when we'd do a Squat Codex. Instead we decided that we'd write the Squats out of the background by saying that their Homworlds had been devoured by a Tyranid Hivefleet. This would give us the option in the future to return to making a race based on the Squat archetype for 40K. This race was given the name of Demiurg, and a certain amount of preliminary work was done to get a 'feel' for what the race would be like. At present the only hint of the Demiurg in 40K is the Demiurg spaceship for BFG. However, we do have this race 'in our back pocket' as a possible new race for 40K, or an interesting character model in Inquisitor, or whatever. So far the Demiurg have lost out to other projects, and it may be that their time never actually comes, as they will have to win through on their merits, not simply because we once made some Squat models in the past.
>>
>tfw trying to decide how to build squads so that they'll fit into 750, 1000, and 1250 pts with the same models and no units will be redundant or non-functional as the army gets bigger

how the fuck do you people do this? Infantry with 1 billion options are the worst.

Examples:
>Yeah these guys should have haywire grenades... but they won't fit in what I want to do at 750
>These other guys would be cool with all dual weapons but at 1000 I only want 2 of them to do it
>The third dudes are pretty cool as a big troop squad at 750 so the HQ has somewhere to go.. but at 1250 they'll be redundant because these elite guys will replace them and do a better job tbqh

I play [spoilers]corsairs[/spoilers] so every dude is going to be converted anyway. I guess I can just make 20 extra guys lel
>>
>>48840483
Both of you can get a noose large enough to share.
>>
>>48840492

Forgive my shitty spoiler tag, it's been awhile
>>
>>48840492
model the options, don't bother using the rules unless i need points. i play daemons so just about every unit has banner, champ, and musician. as for rewards, they're random so i don't bother modeling them
>>
>>48840492
I play IG by WYSIWYG so its a pain in the ass. I think I have something like... 60 different special weapon models? Most of them meltaguns because 5th edition and I used to run 6x3+2x4 meltaguns in my lists.

Atleast my heavy weapon teams are magnetized so i can swap out my guns on a fly.

Ps: as for corsairs, they do have options that are much better than other options. For instance Bikes almost always want scatter lasers, Hornets want Pulse Lasers etc.
>>
>>48840214

Like what anon. They're not framed as pre-existing part of the setting, but a new race. Newness is their thing. Crons introduced fundamental changes to lore to try and establish them as being responsible for establishing the setting as is.
>>
>>48840194

Anon, no one is going to go through entire novels to spoonfeed you. You've been given the citations. There are links in the pastebin.
>>
>>48840512
>model the options, don't bother using the rules unless i need points

That's a good idea but I was hoping to be mostly WYSIWYG. On the other hand I guess most people won't care if I just say "ignore all those grenades and also the guy with a standard and cool robes is just a regular dude," at least in the mean time as a stopgap measure.

>they do have options that are much better than other options.

I'm aware about the stuff like Pulse Hornets, but that still doesn't solve all of the problems. Especially since I am fond of the hilariously overpriced pistol options for Voidstorm Bands and would like to find a way to make multi-purpose Barons who A) fit in the troops squads at lower point levels, but also B) fit in the Voidstorm squad(s) at higher point levels. I'm not really looking for a cheese list either way, I just want to field cool pirate guys with various thematic options.
>>
>>48840629

Whoops, forgot to link to
>>48840567
in the second half of the post.
>>
>>48840625
It's your job, not mine. Next time underline the interesting bits in novels for later use.
>>
File: 1408587294029.gif (468KB, 850x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1408587294029.gif
468KB, 850x1224px
>>48830921

>Blood Angel's Dragoon
WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld 8(9) Sv 2+
Unit Type: Cavalry

Wargear: Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Encarmine Power Lance, combat shield, frag grenades, krak grenades

Special Rules: ATSKNF, Chevalier*, Clad in Crimson*, Fearless, Fleet, Furious Charge, Move Through Cover, Scout

Chevalier: Such is the heroism and self-sacrifice of Sanguinius' knights that they willingly shield their brothers in arms and allies with their own inviolable flesh. Any model in this unit may attempt to make a Look Out, Sir! for any other model in the same unit. In addition, this unit may Look Out, Sir! rolls on behalf of friendly models from another unit that are within 6" of the unit. If joined by a character, members of this unit automatically succeed on any Look Out, Sir! rolls to allocate a wound to them.

Clad in Crimson: Such is the Dragoon's regalia that their charge cannot be abated despite using such an antiquated methods of warfare. Enemies shooting at the Dragoons treat their attacks as if they were one Strength value lower (for example, a Bolter would be considered S:3 against a Dragoon.)

Encarmine Power Lance: Range - S +1/User 3/4 Type: Melee, Master-Crafted

Name sucks I know, bear with me.

Angel's Deliverance Fighter

12/12/12 HP 3

Unit Type: Vehicle (Flyer, Hover)

Access Points: None

Special Rules:

Deep Strike, Strafing Run

Wargear: Twin-linked assault cannon, two inferno cannons, ceramite plating

Angel's Wrath: During the shooting phase, an Angels' Deliverance fighter may elect to not fire its two Inferno cannons in favor of firing them together with the following profile:

S6 AP3 Heavy 1, Apocalyptic Barrage

How would you price these guys?
>>
>>48840674
Yeah, anon's job is to only shitpost from articles he got from warseer and 1d4chan and not read any of the orignal materials himself.
>>
>>48840674

>It's your job to spoonfeed my lazy ass
>Please go into your library and find the specific parts in Dead Men Walking, Gaunt's Ghosts and Last Days of Ector and then type out the paragraphs for me, because I don't actually read 40k lore

Nigger, you are something else. Several people have told you were to find references to child soldiers. Your refusal to read sources is no one's responsibility. I'm not re-reading three books for you.
>>
>>48840688
Why apocalyptic barrage if it's only going to fire one shot?
>>
>>48840119
whiteshields

their in-universe nickname is "gun-baby"
>>
>>48840753
cite examples where apoc barrage is bad if only one shot.
>>
>>48840753

Seemed decent but unwieldy, one big blast instead of torrents. I wanted to do something special but not too ridiculous.
>>
>>48840849
>>48840867
You should read on what apoc barrage does. You might be thinking of blast.
>>
>>48840889

Oh, yeah, on second though that's probably what I intended.

Not sure how to price either of those but I wanted another Blood Angels' specific unit and flyer in there. If they're going to keep them to their own separate codex they need more distinctiveness, and god knows they've been flogging us with Space Wolves and Adeptus Astartes only things.

Of course I would also settled for just making their special units stand out more, Sanguinary Guard are pretty cut and dry right now, surprised they don't have any special rules. Most of the Blood Angels codex felt pretty lifeless like that.
>>
File: panic.jpg (80KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
80KB, 400x354px
>the Harlequin Troupe kit only has two Caresses
Well shit. I guess I'll just use some Kisses for now.

These dudes are a lot smaller than I thought from the painting guide and Duncan videos. I'm having serious second thoughts about my ability to muddle my way through the diamond pattern.
>>
>>48841319

Look in the Codex and you can find some colour schemes that don't use diamonds if you don't want to paint them as the Troupe from Death Masque.
>>
Is Bjorn a good Warlord choice for Space Wolves? Is he good at all for the points he's at?
>>
>>48841430
Oh, I want to do the diamonds, but I'm not doing their scheme. I'm doing Caliban Green quartered with Xereus Purple and Troll Slayer Orange diamonds.
>>
>>48841319
You think that's bad? Skitarii vanguard/ranger boxes only have 1 of each of the three special weapons. And seeing as they are completely worthless mixed (One 18" plasma, one 24" Haywire, one sniper" you need to get 3 boxes to outfit a unit with them.
>>
>>48839622
>not just stealing a chapter tactic like a true blood raven
>>
>>48842015
I know your feel, i actually got 3 plasma for a squad i made which is actually real good but mixed or just one in a squad is really worthless thats true(BTW WHEN ARE WE GETTING A TRANSPORT AND FLYER)
>>
>>48835371
having done both I can assure you that it isn't.
>>
>>48836604
Who gets rad grenades?
When i was a kid back in rogue trader era, we all made our own chapters and mine was the "scorpions" my special snowflake chapter thing was being immune to rad grenades and toting rad grenades.

>10/10 would build my chapter again
>>
>>48842139
Xenos Inquisitors from the Inquisitors Codex.

I mean, you could technically rebuild the chapter using an inq in power armor with a bunch of acolytes in power armor with bolters (or whatever) and rebuild them as marines but with T3.
>>
>>48841319
what does caress and embrace do?
It's a new thing, there were only power fists and harlequins kiss (and power swords, chainswords et al) back then.
>>
>>48842102
FIRES OF CYRAXUS SOON BROTHER.

Soon we shall have choo-choo trains for days. Dat 14 (Effectively 15/16) front armour is fucking delicious.
>>
>>48842161
Caress is sixes to hit auto-wound at AP2. Embrace gives you a D3 S6 HoW hits.
>>
>>48831508
You can honestly mount the chassis of that vehicle higher on those treads than it shows in that picture and use it for different Leman Russ variants, the main thing you'd have to worry about is maybe getting a different gun or set of barrels for the turret to distinguish which variant it is.

The only thing that this set isn't good for is the Basilisk and the Hydra flak tank, but there's a second tank set made by the same guys that covers the Hydra/ Wyvern very handily.

All you would need to do is find a cheap set of bulk human infantry, and you'd be set for a very affordable IG army, really.
>>
>>48842166
What if people dont want too play against fw like the people i play against
>>
>>48842314
HoW hits?
>>
>>48829347

It's hilarious if you know where everything from Warhams comes from.

Dune. Sardaukar gets annihilate d by sand people and a female order of praetorians get their place (plus endless shenanigans, ofc).

2000AD, comics clearly written by left-wing Britons with a taste for the lulz (Nemesis the Warlock, the most clear inspiration for Warhammer, after a while gets a political bent so clear that made even me cringe).

Hilarious.
>>
>>48842658
Erm, yeah but no. It would be nice if it were so simple, right?
But no warham comes from an awful lot of fantasy tropes, and 40k from space tropes, not restricted to dune. Not restricted to star wars (albeit referenced in rogue trader) Not restricted to Nemesis the warlock.
>>
>>48842469
Find non-retards to play with.
>>
File: tumblr_m35s0drIC71r9bspuo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1062px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m35s0drIC71r9bspuo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1062px
>>48842789

Ahaha. It's so simple, truth be told. Warhams 40k (even more than Fantasy) was deeply derivative: a reader with a bit of background can recognize where they took every piece of trivia or "inspiration". I cut down the examples to Dune and Nemesis 'cause they are the biggest source: but all 2000AD comics and pop sci-fi of the '80s were clearly employed. I mean, WH40k is not that different from the generic grimdark setting of its age.

Sadly, Warhams has long since fallen into the anime conundrum: people who write nowadays it are clearly clueless to anything outside it, so it slowly gets more and more stale and derivative, and the original ideas are spread thin and the new ones are simply laughably mediocre or bad (AoS). For an already derivative setting like Warhams, it's death. Whatevs, it's toy soldiers after all, not high art.
>>
>>48843013
>I love my massive Salamander army with flamers everywhere
>everyone near me is playing gunline Tau, blobguard, hordeNids, Dark Eldar or Orks
>everybody hates me
What do? I don't see how I can make this less shitty without going for a new army entirely.

Not even using the new detachment...
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2976x2287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2976x2287px
Is this Logan without his power armour?
>>
>>48843084
I know that feeling, but I play SoB. When people bitch about Celestine or Dominios.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.