[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 37

File: Szprxw5.jpg (413KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Szprxw5.jpg
413KB, 1622x1058px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

No luv4death edition

The only grand alliance got zero kit in AoS is...?

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48807815

What the hell is alfrostun? Al-fro-stun? Or al-frost-un? When will the everwinter epub hit me?
>>
Well shit... you beat me by 2 min lol
>>
First for we have failed Archaon.
>>
Third for we have failed Nagash
>>
Fourth for Kroaks success
>>
File: Everdank.png (487KB, 505x464px) Image search: [Google]
Everdank.png
487KB, 505x464px
Good Morning bitches!

This morning's topic is:
What examples of THAT PERFECT MOMENT have you seen in your games. We aren't talking "I just rolled better then average"... we are talking "Instant killed a Stonehorn with a single wound from my Mighty Lord of Khorne" kind of swag.

> At my lgs one evening.
>New guy, 40k nurgle bro decides he wants to try out a game.
> Me and gentleman-bro decide to give him a demo game
> Newbie wants to try out death
> Newbie gets 750pts of Flesh Eaters
>Gentleman-Bro gets 750 of chaos led by a Bloodthirster and tag teams him against my 1500pts of bloodbound
>My Khorne is known for being pretty awesome these days so Gentlemen-Bro explains that their team will probably lose
>but we will make sure he learns the basic concepts
>Newbie is fine with that, just wants to see shit go down.
> Turn one I march forward, explain the concept of my army and my movements, explain how Bloodsecrators work and such
> Turn one the BloodThirster flys forward and we go to show him how charging works.
>Blood thirster misses his charge
> We roll for initiative, they get it.
>Bloodthirster, way ahead of the rest of their army charges right into the heart of my Khorne army.
>Explains to newbie that he needs to do the damage before the banners get planted
> Turns out the Bloodthirster is the the "Does 3 mortal wounds whenever it rolls a 6 to wound to anything within 8" type of bloodthirster (I don't keep track of their names)
> rolls three 6's on its wound rolls
> My army literally explodes
>After Battleshocks and everything is taken into account
>I lost:
>1 MightyLord
>1 Bloodstroker
>2 Blood secrators
>16 Bloodwarriors
>17 Bloodreavers
>1 Juggernaught
>74 total wounds in one swing
> We don't stop laughing for about 15 minutes as newbie is asking what happened
>Gentleman-bro and I fistbump and set up a new demo game
>Only a week and 3 games later does Newbie understand
>Either way Khorne won that day

Fuck man, that's our store record right there...
>>
>>48824255
I don't see the epub in the pastebin, m8.
>>
>>48825258
i keked
>>
>>48825258
so people actually play with the priority rules?
>>
10th for we did it siggy
>>
>>48825425
keeps games tense, if one side gets two turns in a row it can turn everything on its head.
>>
>>48825425
People don't? My shop likes the randomness. Sometimes it screws you hard but sometimes it just leads to very interesting games. You have so much more to plan for or risk when you don't know who is going next.

I understand that some really dislike the mechanic and that is fine but I really like the risk/reward it brings to games.
>>
Hey, While I wait for the new Tzeentch stuff later this year I was thinking of getting an army of Tzeentch deamons together. I'm normally a die hard Khorne addict but I want to try something new, and seeing how Tzeentch is the shooting faction for chaos (outside of dirty rat things) I figured I would try them out. I already own a Gaunt Summoner for my everchosen so that is my leader for sure. But the rest of the list I'm not sure about. This is what I came up with. Note I am only running 20 Pink horrors because I intent to collect the older metal models. I hate the new plastics with a burning passion.

LEADERS
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)

UNITS
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)
Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch x 2 (240)
Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch x 2 (240)
Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)
Furies x 10 (120)
Screamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (140)
Screamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (140)

Is this good enough? I shoot the shit out of the enemy with the flamers and horrors and use the Screamers and furies to hold up the enemy and countercharge/block for my big guns.
>>
newfag here
is there any reason to take ardboyz over brutes?
I mean they cost the same as brutes, and seems to be just less killy but more numerous versions of the brutes
not too knowledgeable on the current meta, is mortal wound spam a thing?
>>
File: btfo non order fags.png (389KB, 438x784px) Image search: [Google]
btfo non order fags.png
389KB, 438x784px
Offical GW explanation of events when?
>>
>>48825735
They fill out a battleline better and with gore gruntas can hold units until your brutes get there. Plus scoring in several of the core missions are model based so there is value there.
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 1000x796px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 1000x796px
>>48825812
Tfw beatclaw has problems scoring in 1k
>>
>>48825705
You seem to be at 1480. If that is the case I actually suggest switching out the ten furies for The Changeling.

If you haven't read his scroll you really should as it is one of the most enjoyable models in the game for what it does. And it also slows the fuck out of your opponent's best shit. That model is fucking hilarious. And if your opponent decides to send a hero at you to expose you congrats on forcing him to move in a direction they don't want to go, that is usually a free turn of delay right there.

The other good one is to rush him up with your opponent. Then move him into a choke point or just summon the wizard vortex and laugh as his line gets fucked and the changeling becomes untouchable to 90% of things.

If you buy that list make sure to grab 2 of the old vortexes as they are fantastic at making 4inch radius "fuck off" circles to cycle off the opponent and force them into bad spots.

>>48825735
The extra bodies and wounds can be very relevant when facing certain armies. Some armies literally shit out mortal wounds like crazy or are based on single hit high damage like cannons and the like.

A Squad of 10 boys that loses 2-3 boys is hurt but still threatening, a 5 ork Brute squad that loses 1-2 models is far more crippled.

There is a solid back and forth between the smaller elite units and the bigger base trooper units and a lot of it comes down to this:

Elite unites (like brutes) enjoy being able to deal their damage easier due to smaller model count and buffed stat lines, BUT suffer more as they lose models.

Base trooper units (Ardboyz) don't have the damage output like the elites, but don't lose as much when they suffer casualties. 2 boyz dead from a 10 man unit isn't as bad as 1 of a brute. Also the bigger footprint of the boyz squad can be used to block, tarpit, or objective seize.

Its really a give and take when it comes down to it. I would always have at least one 10-20 man unit of ardboyz though in Ironjawz personally.
>>
>>48825811
I'd have liked that one city in the Life land belonged to Death.
What a shame
>>
>>48825924
Death winning ANY city would have been the best outcome narrative wise. What they should have done is allow people to dedicate their wins to certain cities, that way players could coordinate their victories. You probably would have seen at least one city fall to chaos and another tied with Order holding one. A far more interesting outcome and the system would not have been hard to implement at all...
>>
It's just another glorious day in the United Mortal Realms of Order.

http://youtu.be/RKM1AAzeRCg
>>
>>48825705
It's not an army list concern, but 4 exalted flamers are going to take some ebaying as you can only get them in the burning chariot box. Just so you're aware.

As to the army itself, I find screamers in 3s don't really achieve anything. I've taken to running them in 6s myself.

How do you feel about a daemon prince? They are pretty solid, can put out some good damage in a punchup where tzeentch is traditionally weak.
>>
>>48825258
I had a Gaunt Summoner hit a celestant prime with the shanking knife while Fateweaver was on the table. Watching him mutate into butterflies was hilarious.
>>
Guys, I'm feeling the call of Chaos. Currently Free Peoples.

Tzeentch is whispering to me, but I have models left to paint.

what should I do?
>>
>>48826302
Paint them really pale, using Druchii Violet as shade, and use them as zombies for your new Death army, since it's a much better army then Chaos
>>
>>48826302
Melt them down and inhale the vapors.
Open your mind to the will of Tzeentch.
>>
>>48826366
>>48826388

Nice try Slaanesh and Khorne.
>>
>>48826302
>jumping from a perfectly fine ship onto a sinking one
mmmhhh
also are you me ? i was free peoples and felt the call of tzeench aswell , but no models turned me away and now i'm painting dwarfs
>>
>>48826471
>>48826302

Tzeentch says the future holds many things for you both. That includes new models soon.
>>
>>48824633
From my interpretation of it, the rules work out like this:

1) declare goregruntas are charging
2)measure distance to the *nearest*(keyword) enemy unit
3) if that is at least 8" and the charge is successful, get the D3 damage on the boars

RAW yeah this would say that you wouldn't get it if there was any enemy unit within 8". Would I really hold this interpretation in a LGS? I'd see what the guys thought
>>
so how does this one look?
LEADERS
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Great Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard (80)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
UNITS
Infernal Guard Ironsworn x 10 (100)
Infernal Guard Ironsworn x 10 (100)
Infernal Guard Fireglaives x 10 (100)
Infernal Guard Fireglaives x 10 (100)
WAR MACHINES
Deathshrieker (120)
BATTALIONS
Blackshard Warhost (80)
WOUNDS: 65 TOTAL POINTS: 1000

one daemonsmith stays with the deathshrieker and the other hangs with the ironsworn
>>
remember if you choose your command trait and artifacts then you are a FUCKING WAACFAG and you are NOT a gentlemen
>>
>>48826302
I've just started a bit of free peoples and have a lot of nurgle and khorne, but somehow I too am constantly drawn to Tzeentch (among a shitload of other armies, I'm that guy who wants to start s new army all the time)
>>
>>48826606
But what if I model an artefact onto the mini?
>>
>>48826647

Then it's acceptable but it has to be clearly modeled, painted and labeled with a full page of backstory otherwise you're just a WAAC faggot
>>
>>48826688
BRB, painting each model's backstory onto a banner (carried by another model that follows the hero about).

It's even fluffy for some armies, to have banners proclaiming the general's exploits.
>>
>>48826606
>>48826647
>>48826688

Shoo! Bad Cancer, we left you to die in last thread!
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>"If you don't play the way i like to play you're a bad person"
lmao what pussy gets mad at a choice you are allowed to make by Da Rulez
>>
>>48826489
>TFW its just the Silver tower models with rules and a Lord of Change big kit
>The story revolves only around the Gaunt Summoners I already own 2 of
> No Blood warrior style cool mortal units of Tzeentch, sorcerers with magic halberds and awesome armor
>Just formations mixing the Silver tower and demon units and calling it an update
>All of the Silver tower models get put into new boxes at heavily inflated cost

I know I'm being pessimistic but I just feel like this is coming...
>>
>>48825258
The soul grinder's caught by the claw rule has caused some great moments in my group. The little dice game is one of my favorite rules in Age of Sigmar.

What I really would love to see is someone finally accept the keeper of secrets deal thing, and just murder a bunch of shit without dying. I wouldn't even be mad if my dudes got killed by someone who gave in to temptation. Alas, nobody ever wants to try it.
>>
>>48826926
This with regards to the Keeper. Taking her attacks and then kicking the shit out of her with them would be funny as shit.
>>
>>48826961

I feel that as long as you have some rerolls for 1's available, you might be okay.

That or be Celestant prime and just decide not to roll a 1
>>
File: XFST1iB.jpg (951KB, 2822x2117px) Image search: [Google]
XFST1iB.jpg
951KB, 2822x2117px
Look at what I just got, it's time for some plastic wars
>>
>>48827090
Nagash always needs more followers
Good job, anon
>>
>>48827090
You setting up several armies for friends to use or something?
>>
>>48827090
>About 600pts of Order, Death, Chaos, and Destruction

This guy knows what he is doing!
>>
>>48827085
The ability specifically states the model is removed if any rolls are a 1 before modifiers. So no rerolls can save you.
>>
>>48827174
Bones for the lord of Bones
>>48827177
Yeah, it's a 4 man party to play small narrative play
>>
>>48827314

Please go reread the order of operations for how dice rolls work. Modifiers are the +1/-1 bonuses from abilities and spells, if they didn't include that phrase then you could never roll a one if you had a +1 to hit.

rerolls specifically happen before modifiers take effect.
>>
>>48827462
Yeah but it only states "Before modifiers" So you roll, if you roll a one the ability triggers. It doesn't wait for you to reroll as you still rolled a one before modifiers. You are slain instantly when you roll a one, if you have a reroll that doesn't save you as you already rolled once and got the one.
>>
File: image.png (8KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 218x231px
>>48825258

>playing path to glory
>when slain, my Megaboss stays alive until my next hero phase
>takes temptation, dies, doesn't care
>takes keeper with him
>>
>>48827568

Except rerolls happen in the same step, there are plenty of other rules that trigger on 1's that happen before modifiers and they also allow rerolls. Stop being a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: 2spooky4lee.jpg (23KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4lee.jpg
23KB, 362x372px
>Got a 1k Sylaneth list, with plans to expand to 2k
>Only to be able play once a month
>Already bored
Help
>>
>>48827568
Adding to this, especially with rules that say, "reroll all failed ___ roll" the keeper trigger especially triggers as you need the modifiers to determine if those rolls failed in the first place.
>>
>>48827618

1's auto fail, no modifiers necessary.
>>
>>48827604
>>48827568
Your both being idiots.

The reroll and the trigger are both at the same time, so the current player (the person accepting the gift) decides the order they play out in.

They choose to resolve the reroll from their ability first, then resolve the effect from the Keeper, if any dice remain ones after the ability that gave the reroll is resolved the Keeper's trigger goes off and she/he/it/otherkin devours the shit out of the hero.

Simple as that really...

>>48827571
That ork went out like a champ!
>>
>>
>>48827615

Find joy in painting, friend
>>
>>48827730
>>
>>48827747
>>
>>48827758
>>
>>48827770
>>48827758
>>48827747

This shit is metal as fuck.
>>
File: image.gif (370KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
370KB, 480x270px
>>48827770
>>48827758
>>48827747
>>
>>48827571
This is the kind of shit I want to see in my games.
>>
File: The-white-dwarf.jpg (28KB, 270x308px) Image search: [Google]
The-white-dwarf.jpg
28KB, 270x308px
>>48827770
>been fighting for elves this entire time
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: gb.png (747KB, 1020x746px) Image search: [Google]
gb.png
747KB, 1020x746px
>>48827730
>>48827747
>>48827758
>>48827770
That's what i like to see
Now i need some post SoW books
>>
>>48827747
>>48827758
>>48827770

So we have one Aelf city, one Free people's city and one Sylvaneth city.

Who wants to design a coat of arms for Greywater Fastness?
>>
>>48827747
>>48827758
>>48827770
Well, even if they didn't gain a city, at least it appears that Death gained a few thousands of additional troops
>>
>>48825811

Who would have thought the faction with as many armies as all of their opponents combined would have won :^)
>>
>>48827747
>>48827758
>>48827770

>The fortresses of order became more fortressy
>Nothing else really happened

Cool can we move on to another realm now, the realm of Life just became incredibly boring again.
>>
>>48827862
>me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfQpl30a3-A
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 736x988px
>>48827862

Archaon got btfo'd yet again

Xx420OrderitxX
>>
>>48827888
this was aimed at >>48827854
>>
Why should i not drop the cash on the whole set of AoS hardback for £200
>>
File: 1464136680649.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1464136680649.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
Right then.

What are the best deals for their points in matched play? I've heard some great stuff about Stonehorns, Thundertusks, Mournguls, skaven mortal wound spam, and freeguild shooting spam. Anything good out of the Sylvaneth? Any gems from the legacy warscrolls?

What are the shittiest deals for their points? I've heard that Varanguard are ass. Is this true?
>>
>>48827931
you could buy more plastic crack with it
>>48827935
handgunners are great if taken in large numbers and with a general
sylvaneth is good to
for death you can use skeleton spam
>>
>>48827770
>>48827758
>>48827747

Shit these are written awfully,

Imagine how interesting any of these would have become had Death seized just one.

Instead we get pretty much the exact same story. They aren't even trying to hide the laziness here...

>Order is losing guys, really losing!
>Oh man guys its looking bad now!
>Oh look, random 3rd party intervention saves them all at the last minute instantly!

I mean holy shit the Living City is literally "We lost so hard that the world itself woke up and saved us because our blood woke up the trees"

So instead of the fighters actually doing anything amazing and daring it was all washed away by Deus ex Machina.

The only one that almost works is the Greywater Fastness, but they just nuke the shit out of everything, saying how Alarielle might be a little cross, how anti climatic.

I wanted to at least see the fight with Order beating heads or actually doing anything other then wait for the "I win button" to magically appear. Its not a real victory when 2 of the three wins were random nature shit. I wanted an Age of Sigmar ending, not Avatar...

>>48827931
Because its shit and everything that matters is free or on a wiki somewhere.
>>
>>48827935
Varanguard suck at anything under 2000.

At 2000, when you gat get Archaon and god keywords they become one of the best units in the game by far. The +4 attack Khorne Varanguard army from last thread showed just how insane that unit can be.

A unit of 6 of them are like the AoS titan equivalent, too expensive for low points but game breaking in higher point games.
>>
>>48827935

>Sylvaneth

All the tree lords, kurnoth hunters. Alarielle herself

>varanguard

Good with their intended list, mediocre outside
>>
>>48825258

My bestigor champion lasted 2 turns against a Mortarch by himself. Same game, my Chaos Lord held up 40 skeletons and a Wight King for three turns, also by himself. When he finally died he became a Spawn and held them up for another turn even.
>>
>>48828026
You do know that Order is massively outnumbered by Chaos, Destruction, and Death lorewise?
>>
>>48827686
>the current player (the person accepting the gift) decides the order they play out in

Actually, no. The hints and tips section stated that, "if both players can carry out abilities at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place use their abilities 1st".
>>
>>48828174

Lorewise yes, but when it's the fucking polar opposite in reality then it's fucking stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 650x600px
>>48827730
>>48827747
>>48827758
>>48827770
It dosa feels good to be on the winning team.
>>
>>48828174
See >>48828287

Its stupid as shit to try to turn something that was never a contest into a "only by chance itself" victory.
>>
>>48828236
Ah I see, so by that wording then the same result happens, you reroll and then check the Keeper rule. Thanks for the clarification then.

>>48828138
Even in death our Chaos Lords drop the dankest beats!
>>
>>48828174
The lore is irrelevant when you look at the numbers of players.
>>
>>48828026
As an order player I pretty much agree. I thought it would be us holding the gates against wave after wave until none more came and our few remaining defenders stood in the ruins victorious.

Not being told that we were losing until random shit win the whole thing for us. One was literally a mountain bleeding sap on the bad guys... fuck that I wanted to see the Stormcast set chaos to flight and head but the Orks back into the pits they came from.

Fuck the "barely held defense" I wanted to kick ass and skullfuck the lesser plebs, not have magic trees save my ass from my "Inevitable defeat".
>>
>>48825500
You can't plan for it why do people keep sayin this bs

If I win the roll I win if I don't I lose is not a plan
>>
>>48825258
>Rolled to attack with 4 retributors
>All sixes.

Nuking the enemy with 16 mortal wounds was quite fun.
>>
>>48828644
It's about strategising to minimise the lost initiative, and maximising it if you win it.

It adds a new layer of tactics.
>>
>>48828644
>Its the bottom half of the battle round
>I know I have a 50% chance to go first next round
> Do I push in aggressively and try for the burst from getting top turn, but risk being exposed and vulnerable if the opponent wins the roll...
>Or do I play more defensively just in case I don't get the top

Fuck that is planning right there you idiot. Its called understanding risk. Just because something is more complex then what you can perfectly predict doesn't mean you cant plan for it.

If your really so impatient about the chance of things not going your way then bring the Overlord of Chaos formation where Archaon tells you ahead of time who wins the roll.
>>
>>48828620
>Names Everdank...
>Posts Pimp Archaon
>"As an order player "

What? Archaon has been order all along!
>>
>>48828759
That's not a fucking plan that's just going yolo or not on a 50/50 bet

It takes actual planning out of the equation
>>
>>48828774
This is why you don't namefag...
>>
>>48826874
The cultists in Silver Tower aren't too bad, same with the Tzaangors.
>>
>>48828620
even when GW lets Order win they have to suck all the coolness out of it
>>
>>48828830
>>48826874
i would be fine them releasing the silver tower models, they look sick as fk
>>
>>48828788
>Aspect of the game adds a new level of complexity
>"NONONO Its ruining my planned variables and forces me to ACTUALLY think about my plans on more then one level"

ok bud

>>48828798
Actually I play every faction except death... I'm just mostly working on Chaos models right now. I like Brettonians and Ironjawz however. I just thought that was ironic of me.

But yeah I still think the ending was anti-climatic, maybe they can write them better in a campaign book or something about it.
>>
>>48828620
I dunno, it's in line with the typical AoS level of writing. What's the problem?
>>
>>48828830
>>48828844

Marauders and Beastbird men are nice. I would like more poses though and them using the actual OG warscrolls for them instead of just marauders and gors.

I would also want Tzeentch's allegiance ability to override the Rule of 1 for Arcane bolt, that way taking a bunch of wizards is actually enticing.

I'm hoping the new release is related to the realm of metal though, especially with the release of steampunk dwarves next month.
>>
>>48828026
>>48828620
I don't see much saying that we were losing, only that a fuckton of people died.
>>
>>48828026
When order starts with 50% its hard to dislodge, even reporting in empty stores didn't help chaos..
>>
Halfway through Lord of Undeath, now I really want to paint up my Stormcast as Anvils of the Heldenhammer.

Anyone know a way to get black to look like black metal instead of just matte with highlighted edges?
>>
>>48829228

Mix black and Leadbelcher, highlight edges with runefang steel.
>>
>>48828026
>I wanted an Age of Sigmar ending
Most if not all AoS campaign books end with some sort of big explosion of similar effect to these machinations.
>>
>>48829317

I'm keenly remembering the end of God beasts and everything getting nuked
>>
>>48829329
And the explosion of the pyramid of skulls in the first book, and the explosion of the fortress where ghal maraz was held and the explosion that defeats skarbrand in all-gates.
>>
>>48829317
>>48829329
>>48829377
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNy-ipksLUM
>>
>>48829377

Now that I'm thinking about it, there hasn't been a book without a massive battle ending explosion
>>
>>48828941
>Marauders and Beastbird men are nice. I would like more poses though and them using the actual OG warscrolls for them instead of just marauders and gors.

that would be sweet
>>
>>48825258
>>74 total wounds in one swing
i dont get it.. the bloodthurster caused 74 wounds?
>>
>>48829482
I just want my Pink Horrors to split into blue horrors who split into ember horrors...
>>
>>48829507
He mentioned after Battleshocks, so he probably swung at a few targets and then a bunch ran away.
>>
Fancy winning archaon as painted by saint duncan? GW are donating the model to a charity raffle.
>>
>>48829560
No. The Archaon model is ugly.
>>
>>48829560
>the model is so bad they're giving them away
>>
>>48829570
Okay.
>>
>>48828389
>>48828457
It is relevant when writing the lore. I mean in the fluff the Order forces inside the cities were dwarfed many many times by the forces of EVUL besieging them.

How would you have wrote Order's victory to make sense?
>>
>>48829507
One of the types of Bloodthirsters has an ability that deals 3 mortal wounds to any unit in 8 inches of it whenever it rolls a 6 on a wound roll. If it charges and gets three 6s on the wound its dealing 9 mortal wounds to every unit within 8.

Seeing how Khorne Bloodbound are all about bundling up for bonus attacks and the Bloodthirster was in the center of the army it could easily hit 6-8 units at 9 mortal wounds a piece before its own d6 damage is taken into account.

Its rare as fuck but its possible to have happen.
>>
>>48829560
>GW actually supporting the Nova.
>Based Duncan's painted Archaon.

I want it... I still don't have the dragon one yet.
>>
>>48829560
could you offer a center model for another army?
>>
>>48829602
>Order just straight up kicks ass
>Chaos loses so badly that Alarielle converts a chunk out of Nurgle's realm into the realm of life
>Death goes silent like the grave except for the sound of Nagash yelling at everyone
>Destruction selfdestructs
>there is no twist
>>
>>48828853
50% chance of just straight up losing is complexity ok
>>
>>48829937
Being bad at games is not a real reason for the rest of us. Losing priority is not an auto loss, not by a mile. Your just part of the crowd that ran as far from that rule as possible and thus have no concept of how to play around such aspects.

Basically, you cant cut it in real Sigmar games and have to gimp the rules because you cant handle something you can see coming a mile away.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT A BASTILADON

2+ REROLLABLE SAVE

-1 TO HIT

IGNORES ALL REND

IGNORES MORTAL WOUNDS ON 4+

HEALS D3 EACH TURN

YES IM MAD
>>
>>48830062
Kill the rest of his army instead? Also instant kill gimmicks like Mighty Khorne Lord, Gaunt Summoner, Slayer of Kings and such.
>>
>>48830086
IT TIES ME DOWN IN COMBAT AND SPITS SNAKES AT ME UNTIL I DIE FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>48827935
>I've heard that Varanguard are ass. Is this true?

They are intended for a list led by Archaon. So 2k pts min to use them to their full potential though 3k is probably even better.

I run them as Lords on Daemonic mounts right now. They do look awesome in person. Pictures don't do them justice.
>>
>>48827758
Ironweld Engineers + Steamhead Duardin will be the ultimate dakka army. I feel it.
>>
>>48830062
>>48830120
Kill the skinks buffing it? 4 wounds and a 5+ save (for both the priest and the wizard) isn't too tough.
>>
>>48830051

It terrifies me that people like him think like that. How can you not see how you need to think more about your decisions if you don't know if your going first or not.

I am baffled....
>>
>>48830436

>am I going to eat 18 automatic mortal wounds next turn or 36

Pass
>>
>>48829937
Because it's impossible to aggressively position for the double turn while not opening yourself up to instantly losing? Learn fucking tactics dude.
>>
>>48830633
If you've put yourself in that position, there's more wrong than just losing the initiative rolloff. You rither fucked up badly or your army composition was outclassed. Don't blame a mechanic for that.
>>
>>48830062
It doesn't get that way without buffs. Kill the things buffing it.
>>
>>48830703

>in the wrong position

In my deployment zone?

>wrong army composition

Not a lot I can do about 36 instant mortal wounds with zero rolling involved. Even chaos warriors with shields will be deleted by that
>>
People need to grow up about the roll off for turns. It's an interesting mechanic that adds extra things to consider. It's not like AoS is the first game to have random activation order anyway.
>>
The adventure in the Realm of Life is pretty much over for now.

We moving on to Light and Shadow in the next Season.
What's your hype level? What do you want to see?
>>
>>48830757
Care to elaborate? What army are you facing that can deal 36 mortal wounds to you in your DZ without taking anything in return? Or are you just bitching in general?
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 534x1236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 534x1236px
>>48830775

This

If you choose your command traits and artifacts instead of rolling or don't play with rolling for who goes first each turn, GET THE FUCK OUT

You are NOT real AoS players and you do NOT have the qualities necessary to play with the real crowd
>>
>>48829482
tzaangors have a unique warscroll, its on the AoS app
>>
>>48830805
Except it specifically says to pick your traits and relics...
>>
>>48830803

3 thundertusks move & shoot 18" for 6 guaranteed mortal wounds each, if he goes twice that's 18x2.

Only real counter is even more shooting spam or teleporting battalions
>>
File: Demoman unemployed.png (145KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
Demoman unemployed.png
145KB, 304x304px
>>48830805
>Leaving my General's wargear and skills to sheer chance
>Not forging that sweet narrative

Yeah, fuck off son.

>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 680x583px
>>48830958
>>48830898

THATS NOT FUN

ITS NOT FUN
>>
>>48830805
Fuck off. If I design my special snowflake Chaos Lord holding a self-made Relic Blade, I should be allowed to fucking choose him to have a relic blade.

Also, you are equating doing something the book tells you you can do (choosing relics) with something the rules explicitly state the opposite of (leaving initiative out), which is simply stupid

>inb4 hurr you're destroying AoS
Fuck off, I've bought Blightkings after the starter set but before the reboxing and supported AoS from day 1. Without people like me, fucks like you wouldn't have a game to bitch about right now
>>
>>48830907
Thundertusk move 8", not 18", so it's easy to measure their distance and play to the objectives. Also, they will only get that guaranteed 6MW off once before you bring them down a couple wounds at turn it to d6 or worse. 3 of them will cost upwards of 1200 points, meaning you should have the tactical advantage when it comes to positioning and board control. Spread out and engage intelligently, this is a situation where smaller units are better unless you need bigger size bonuses.

What army are you playing? Maybe we could give you some assistance.
>>
>>48830805
Nah bro. I'm rolling for turns because that's in the rules. Picking traits is also in the rules, so I'm gonna do it to pick something that compliments my dudes.
I'd consider rolling if I'm doing path to glory or something where I roll my whole warband, but then I'm rolling once at the beginning for the whole thing. If my heroes have/know cool gear/spells/shit, they're not gonna lose it next battle.
>>
>>48830814
Yay, a Warscroll that is explicitly illegal in Matched, whoopie! Yeah, I'm freaking joyous about that.

>>48830989
>getting the Chaos anti-Order trait when clobbering Nagash
>not getting the Destruction lumberjack trait against Sylvaneth
>getting the +1 Wound Destruction trait on your Maw-Krusha when literally all 5 others would have helped more
>have to leave any and all summoning pools out of a Deathrattle army because the Wizard Trait and Sword of Unholy Power cannot be guaranteed
am I having fun yet?
>>
>>48830907
I'm confused. You're saying rolling for initiative is bad, but are apparently having two turns against you at the start of the game, while you're still in your deployment zone. How is that happening?
>>
>>48831024

Thundertusks move 8" + however many D6's you can stack in their hero phase from the allegience bonuses and other good stuff. They shoot a further 18".

And yeah they normally only get to delete one entire unit or dragon once, but if they get to go twice it won't matter since they'll do it again as they out range most shooting units in the game and should get the alpha. Spreading out against something that can shoot further than I can conceivably charge in one turn is a dumb counter tactic.

I play Stormcast and I can utterly counter them with Skyborne slayers and a retributor bomb, but my Ironjawz friend will be tabled if he gets a wrong roll on turn 2.
>>
File: All off board.jpg (48KB, 470x475px) Image search: [Google]
All off board.jpg
48KB, 470x475px
>>48831012
>>48831065
>>48831085
Reminder to disregard anything spouted by underage dumb frog/mobile posters
>>
>>48831024
Not the guy you replied to, but two things about that:
a) Rampaging Destroyers can help quite a bit with getting those Thundertusks close right from the start, especially if you combine that with their movement AND the double turn
b) a pure melee army like Slaves to Darkness has a pretty fucking hard time taking those crucial three wounds off

Not arguing that you can outmaneuver Thundertusks, especially if someone plays three of them, but something like a Khorne buff network folds extremely quickly if they can chip off three support Heroes a turn. And even if you position your Heroes carefully, I wouldn't be too thrilled with having 6 Skullreapers per turn die before they make it into melee.
>>
>>48830775

Other games that roll for each round typically have "I go, you go" mechanics where it can sometimes allow one unit to activate twice in a row, rather than the entire army
>>
>>48831253
So? Again, you have to plan for the double turn, yours as well as the opponent's. In other words, you need a tactical approach to the problem. Surprise, if both players simply shove everything forward, the guy who rolls better wins.
If Thundertusks are giving you a hard time, that just sort of proves ranged mortal wounds are overpowered in AoS, not that initiative is a bad mechanic.
>>
>>48831121
Every Beastclaw player I know goes for their Allegiance rather than Destruction, but that's neither here nor there.

Stormcast players (among which I count myself) need to realize that "Deep Strike" Battalions aren't cheese. They're just how the army plays. Without it, we're often at a distinct disadvantage against many armies. You don't need to feel bad using it.

Retributor bomb is another story, especially if you run 10. It nasty.
>>
>>48831162
>right from the start
Again, how the fuck is the double turn having an effect in Turn 1? They cannot get a 36 wound alpha strike off without you having had a turn to do something in response.
>>
>>48831328

Except they're fairly manageable when you don't have double turns, as I know I'll be able do something next turn to counter it.

They don't get insane until they can do it twice in a row.

and when the enemies forces are just furry cannons, there isn't anything else you can do besides get in their face. That or sell your army for the newest OP faction, which sounds more up your alley.
>>
>>48831156
Reminder that picking your traits and gear is both more fluffy and more fun.
>>
>>48831366
Okay, let's break it down. 8" movement + 18" Frost-Wreathed Ice = 26" range of fuck you turn 1. Since armies deploy at least 24.1" apart from each other, that is realistically enough to toss out 6 mortal wounds from turn 1.
>but you can deploy farther back
and then? If you have a melee army, you're going to have to move forward at some point. So you move full speed ahead and surprise, suddenly everything you have is in Thundertusk range. Bad move? Yeah, better you only move one unit forward, right? Oops, now that one unit is gone and all you got for your troubles is Thundertusks even closer to you.
So you move everything even a single inch forward and if he gets a double turn with 3 Thundertusks that's 36 mortal wounds. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to counter that shit with a Glade Guard alpha-strike.
>>
>>48831405
>sell your army for the newest OP faction, which sounds more up your alley.
You're the one bitching about OP stuff and how your army can't win, maybe you're the shitter.
>>
>>48831156
I always ignore dumb frogposters. It's a dead giveaway that the poster is either underage with useless views on things or a huge sperg.
>>
>>48831477
>I play on boards with no Line of Sight blockers
>wah
>>
File: 1460551476243.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460551476243.gif
2MB, 320x240px
What's the best hard counter to small arms shooting spam?
>>
File: AdmiringFacelessMasses.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
AdmiringFacelessMasses.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>48831405
>That or sell your army for the newest OP faction, which sounds more up your alley.
Yeah, mad burn dude, that's totally what I said, advocating WAAC army building, you sure got some great reading comprehension skills there, m80.
>>
>>48827090

Du kommer ha så jäkla skoj med de där! Önskar jag kunde göra något liknande för att locka in några vänner i AoS jag med, dessvärre är de alldeles för bittra på "the end times" fortfarande.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 485x722px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 485x722px
Reminder that there is no right or wrong way to have fun when playing the game.
>>
>>48831511
Depends? What are you going against and what do you have? Everything plays a little differently against everything else.
>>
>>48831505
>blocking los
>in AoS
mathhammerer who's never played a single game with true los in his life detected
Thundertusks are fucking huge, mate. Any terrain they cannot see over is terrain that blocks your movement more than it blocks their line of sight.

>>48831503
or a robot. Don't forget robots.
>>
>>48831366

Standard 48" board length, a bigger board just delays the inevitable. 12" deployment zones. 24" of space between deployment zones.

Thundertusks can move 8"+ at least 1D6 and shoot 18". That's 26"+1D6 of threat range, a full D6+2" of penetration into the enemies deployment zone.

And keep in mind destruction has plenty of ways of adding more D6's to that movement in the hero phase. That can easily be 26"+2D6 of threat, potentially meaning I can hit literally anything I'm across from.

If the enemy goes first they can either hide in their deployment zone and not move while I take all the objectives and set up my shot at their army next turn or they can Sally out and get shot.

If they go second (which again, is all up to the dice) they can hide in their deployment zone and sally out potentially without getting shot this turn but will definitely get hit on 2nd turn.
>>
>>48827615

This is where you learn that you actually bought in to a hobby, not a game. This is where you start to actually appreciate painting and modeling everything you have to the best of your ability.
>>
>>48831547
Slut Tiden var jävligt utvecklingsstörd.
>>
>>48831562
I object. There is definitely a wrong way. A right way to play the game is one where all participants are having a good time. A wrong way to play the game is one where only one player has fun while curb-stomping the other(s).
>>
>>48831564
Yeah, robots is the enemy of mankind.
>>
>>48831564
>Thundertusks are fucking huge, mate. Any terrain they cannot see over is terrain that blocks your movement more than it blocks their line of sight
So? Put it on an objective, put a unit or two on it. Those are way less expensive than the Thundertusks and are winning the points for you.

If you're slower, you want to force them to come to you anyway. Not every game needs to be running into the middle of the field and dying at the center.

Movement doesn't help you if you're dead. Dense terrain boards may slow down the action, but you'll fucking thank them when you don't get shot to death.
>>
>>48831478

Like I said before, I play the army with the most direct hard counter to thundertusks spam which is any Stormcast teleporting list
>>
>>48831616
No. If you are not having a good time playing against a certain player you either talk to that player about it or you just don't play with that player again.
>>
>>48831563
I was thinking of going Sylvaneth or Skaven. Don't know what I'll be going up against specifically.
>>
>>48831641
Then why the hell are you complaining?
>>
>>48831639

In matched you absolutely do not get to choose to play on a terrain heavy board just because the enemy brings a shooting list. Play the game for once, Jesus.

Are you that idiot who showed his awful masectomy'd Slaanesh unit last turn?
>>
>>48831658
The best counter is to shoot their shooting or charge them, as simple as that might sound. If you play Sylvaneth, you'll want to teleport around with Woods and position against them so they get as few shots off as possible before you cut them down. Skaven can shoot with the best of them, but if you don't want to spam guns you will want to just buff stuff up as much as possible to shrug off the shots and battleshock tests.
>>
File: Pestijak.jpg (129KB, 958x844px) Image search: [Google]
Pestijak.jpg
129KB, 958x844px
>>48831511
Not playing Pestilens for starters

>Tfw the pre-Sylvaneth armies will never get personal Traits and Artifacts

Why is GW so shit at forward thinking
>>
>>48831671
I would choose to play on a terrain heavy board against anything. Bare open landscapes are boring, and maneuvering around buildings and walls is more interesting.

Stop pretending you're the only person who plays the game. Our store has a shit ton of terrain on all tables, don't be jealous because your kitchen table only has a couple coke cans.
>>
>>48831662

Because it's bad rule that exacerbates OP shooting. It's not limited to even just thundertusks.
>>
>>48831754
>OP shooting
Actually play the game before you start bitching about things being OP.
>>
>>48831477
>If you have a melee army
Why do you have a melee army? EVERY alliance has some options to reach across the table and hurt the enemy. If you stuck with a single keyword for the traits and items then maybe rethink that decision if you're getting your shit pushed in. And if you're going fluffy then why are you playing the guy with a three thundertusk powerlist?

>>48831569
See above. Seriously, if your tactics are "I take only melee units and run everything across the table" then you might want to try being a little bit more cunning.
>>
>>48831639
The main problem with Thundertusks is just that they can snipe Heroes out of your army and since there are some armies that depend heavily on support from fragile Heroes (Bloodbound, Flesh-Eaters, everything else Death basically), Thundertusks are incredibly frustrating. Sure you can play to the mission to some extent, but once your Bloodsecrator is dead, the Thundertusks can just snipe 12 Bloodreavers and cause another 10 to run away. After a bit of dead, your objective-holders are gone. I mean sure, a Thundertusk spam list will never win by objectives, but the "you lose if you're tabled" clause will always give them a decent chance of winning regardless, especially between the Frost-Wreathed Ice and all the fucking Blood Vultures and Harpoon Launchers they carry around.
>>
>>48831505

Are you the guy who argued you could hide a big single model character behind a unit of cavalry?
Because TLOS doesn't work like that. I have compact buildings that are fairly big, and "real" model trees to at least try and cover up some good LoS blocking terrain, but against models as huge as the Thundertusk, it wont work most of the time.
>>
>>48831774

"Some" shooting doesn't counter thundertusks, amassed shooting does. One hell cannon isn't going to stop the deluge, even two won't.

If someone plays slaves to darkness they're just completely fucked unless they buy a bunch of skaven.

Being a delusional fanboy who can't recognize OP shit and bad rules isn't making the game better
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 174x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 174x177px
>>48831772

Have you played against order, even once?
>>
>>48831806
Again, if you're playing a fluffy list or a "I just like the models" list, why the fuck are you worried about 3 Thundertusks? Casual lists will always get shitstomped by power lists, no matter the game. Timmy who just bought the SC box and Bloodbound models will always lose to Spike.

3 Thundertusks is a shitkicker list. Yeah, and? Learn to play against it by building powerful armies or just refuse to play against powergamers. It has nothing to do with game mechanics and everything to do with how people approach the game.
>>
>>48831828
>Every Order army is 60 Handgunners

I play Order, Anon.
>>
>>48831806
You don't have to kill it, the crucial point is 3 wounds, at which point it goes down to D6 mortal wounds rather than the automatic 6.

>"delusional fanboy"
>"can't recognise OP shit"
I said the three thundertusk list was a powerlist. Try to read the whole post before sperging out in future.
>>
>>48831722
>Crown of Conquest is literally the single best Artifact Pestilens could have asked for, especially since nothing says you can't use the same artifact multiple times

>>48831774
>And if you're going fluffy then why are you playing the guy with a three thundertusk powerlist?
Going to be honest here, that is literally the first legitimate retort I've read.
I mean, it's kinda annoying that a supposedly points-equal force that isn't heavily tricked out cannot beat a cheesefest like Thundertusk spam, but in the end, you're right. I like my fluffy lists too much to change them much, so why should I fight someone who plays something that's obviously done just for WAAC?
>>
>>48831875

>these bad rules throw the balance out of the game

>BUT ITS NOT THE GAMES FAULT, ITS YOURS

This is exactly how 40k ruined itself.
>>
>>48831913
No it's not.
>>
>>48831899

3 thundertusks (or any combination of the two) isn't a power list, it's a normal beastclaw raider 2000 point list. I can't just say I'll refuse to play any newbie who buys the Icewind Assault box. We're not talking about a WAAC list with a lot of thought put into it.
>>
>>48831933

Yes it is, people used this excuse to ratchet up the WAAC-faggotry until everyone good just stopped playing, leaving us with the curdled sour milk like you.
>>
>>48831900

It's okay, any chaos list is just "fluffy" if it isn't massed skaven shooting. You deserve your loss chump
>>
>>48831943
>Taking 3 of the best Behemoths in the game isn't a powerlist

>Hey anon I really like fantasy gunmen so I bought 100 Handgunners. It's fluffy!

Just because it's not on purpose doesnt mean it's not a powerlist.
>>
Could someone please explain how allegiance benefits, traits, and artifacts work?

What makes me qualify for them? Why are some factions missing them?
>>
>>48831943
A newbie who buys that box may well build a stonehorn. That halving damage looks damn sexy.
>>
>>48831970
40k shit itself with Formations, Lord of Wars, and Battle Brothers for rule sharing. Those mechanics are inherently broken and all good 40k players know that.

Even in the most balanced times of 40k there were power lists and better armies that kicked the shit out of others. 40k's rules are just a fucking mess right now, AoS's aren't.
>>
>>48832018

I've been using the example of 3 thundertusks for the point of demonstrating how a double turn could wildly swing the game with little input from either player, but in reality a mix of the two is a more viable list as 3 thundertusks gets countered by even the Stormcast battalion from the starter box, of all things.

>>48831996

They didn't put 100 handgunners in a discounted box either
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 252x161px
>>48832045

>you'll never play 2nd ed again when the fluffy lists were the most powerful

I just liked guardians and warlocks. Sue me
>>
File: 1470798521795.jpg (166KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1470798521795.jpg
166KB, 1680x1050px
>>48831996
This is correct. You shouldn't have to get better or adapt to something new. Screw those fags talking in the previous threads about fighting beastclaws, just call the player a WAAC fag and storm off to /tg/.
>>
>>48831990
Here's your (You)
>>
>>48831875

One could argue that the "I like the models" lists, are the one containing a great deal of conversions as well. I myself am working on a Ironblaster for my Ironjawz, will put an Orruk to handle it, and exchange the beast with one of the new Gore-grunta pigs (which are Xboxhuge, so I think it will fit nicely). After this Ill get myself a Stonehorn, as I like the play style of it when compared to the Thundertusk, and I think it will fit my Ironjawz aggressive game-play much more. This will also benefit from Orruk handlers, and other small conversions to make it "my" model, not "a" model.

This way I get the best of two worlds. I get to make models I myself like, because as I see it, I'm in it for the models! And I also get to rock out some pretty interesting rules I couldn't have used unless I digged in to the other teams treasury (And, as a "fluff player" I wouldn't dream of doing that! Its all Orruk or nothing at all!).
>>
>>48832100
Getting better is what you should do. Bitching about an army you can't beat without changing your army isn't. There's too much of that today.
>>
>>48832045

The problem with 40k is that there is to much moral dilemma going on.
You have the fluff players, who cant stick to the rules for shit. And anything you do, will be questioned, and interpreted with RAI. In this forum, its the players, and I might ad they are a great majority of this game, that ruins it completely.
Then you have the tournament aspect of players, who actually gets that its a game if you throw all the moral rules out the window, and just have a good time on equal terms. The problem here is that there are entire lists that wont be used, because they simply ain't good enough. And thats all up to GW to fix, not we players.
>>
>>48831900
>literally the single best Artifact Pestilens could have asked for

Well except for 6 of them that are actually designed for the faction specifically to boost it's strengths or cover it's faults, you know like every faction with it's own battle-tome deserves, yet about 7 of them lack.

But i certainly do make use of the Crown! O glorious based Geedubs for throwing me this scrap!
>>
>>48832232
Wait for the end of September you fucking whingy child.
>>
>>48832225
RAI?
>>
About the ability of the Ironjawz Brutes that they get to reroll to wound if the target has a 4+ wounds characteristic.

Do I still get this bonus if I dropped a enemy model below 4, even though it had 4+ originally?
>>
>>48832164
So what you're saying is if you cannot beat an army, the first thing you should do is spend a couple hundred bucks to add more units so you can change your army to beat a particular other list that will stop being popular once the next flavor of the month power list is revealed?

I'm sorry but I'd rather lose against a powerlist instead of painting shit I don't enjoy painting or play with grey models just to beat something my normal army cannot.
I know my standard list is good. I've taken all comers with it, but just because the current flavor of the month happens to be my list's hard counter doesn't mean I should buy Warp Lightning Cannons.
>>
>>48832282

Yes, it's based on the base Wound value that they started with
>>
>>48832340

thanks!
>>
>>48832268
Rules As Intended, as opposed to Rules As Written

>>48832282
You look at the wound stat, not the current wounds remaining
>>
>>48832268

Rules as Intended. You know when a players says "well, clearly they meant for it to play this way" Even though the rules speaks plainly enough to prove the opposite.

This is a constant problem with GW players, its like they are born with this mindset of not being able to follow the rules. And it shows extra clear in 40k, hell, they even need FAQ on shit thats there, right in front of them in the god damn rule book!
>>
>>48832390

Remember when those idiots thought Terminators were equipped with Terminator armor, even though it CLEARLY didn't say that on their profile? Fuckin morons, playing anything but RAW is cheating
>>
>>48832300
You're either obtuse or just fucking argumentative and I don't know which one is worse.

I'm not saying rebuild your army. If you think your army is TAC enough and only has a hard counter or two, then whatever. But don't come here and bitch about how unwinnable the matchup is if you know there's more you could do to win it.
>>
>>48832263
>Wait for the end of September

Source? Or is this the TK rumour again
>>
>>48831990
What's so good about massed skaven shooting?

Is it really on par with handgunners?
>>
>>48832426
why would a Terminator Not have Terminator armor?
>>
>>48832390
The problem is that sometimes there are RAW dilemmas.
For example, the AoS FAQ quite clearly says that a model is within its own range, so for example a Doombull gives himself better wound rolls. However, by that same FAQ, an Ironjaws Weirdnob with his "makes the nearest Orruk units' heads explode" rule will never not target himself with it, since you can't have anything closer to the Shaman than the Shaman himself.
And if that rule was intended that way, they would have just worded it "the Weirdnob Shaman suffers D3 mortal wounds".

So I do grant GW players' inability to play RAW, I also say that sometimes their RAW so very much doesn't work out that you are left with little choice but to improvise on flawed mechanics.
>>
>>48832472

They didn't have it in their equipment. They had a 2+ save from their profile but didn't have terminator armor on their equipment list.

Yes RAW went for the throat on that one
>>
>>48832510
ok now I'm confused, is Terminator armor as equipment OP for use of standard Terminator units to the point that the rules contradict fluff for the sake of an attempt at balance?
>>
>>48832588
Terminator armor conferred slow and purposeful and prevented them from making a sweeping advance, as well as giving a 5+ invulnerable save. All of which the terminators didn't get according to RAW.
>>
>>48832472
Because it doesn't list Terminator Armor on their equipment list. In this example, the equipment that comes *with* the Terminator Armor (2+ save, Power Fist, Storm Bolter) is listed on the models' equipment list, but the armor itself is not, so some people would argue the Terminators do not get the 5+ Invul Save that Terminator Armor includes. It's the classic 40k example of RAW being bullshit.

>>48832432
The damn problem is simply that when the GH was announced, a thousand morons simultaneously cried "now it's finally going to be balanced" even though it clearly isn't. But thanks to people streaming toward Matched like cockroaches, people now have to conform to this gaming format some people think is balanced when it clearly isn't.
And the first response of some of these people when called out is usually some variation on "well the points say it's fair"
>>
>>48832588

It gave them extra rules like Relentless, no sweeping advances and a 5++. RAWfags argued they didn't get these as nothing in the rules section said they wore terminator armor.
>>
>>48832671
a fluff explanation, the equipment could instead be "Lesser Terminator Armor" to confer different rules
>>
>>48832698

Just stop
>>
>>48832263
>j-just accept shit and wait for GW to maybe do their jobs you children!

Gee i wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>48832713
stop what? I'm just offering a less ambiguous way they could have set up the rules
>>
>>48832752

Because they obviously didn't intend it and it was FAQ'd 6 months later
>>
>>48832671
doesn't the book repeatedly state points are guideline? this feels like alignment threads now, what is it about ambiguity and trusting people that's so frightening?
>>
>>48832725
>I'm an entitled crybaby who can't accept that daddy GW loves the Sylvaneth, Bonesplittaz and Beastclaw more than me
>>
>>48832765
oh, I'm not a 40k player, I just felt it was a bit odd to have a Unit called a Terminator not having the armor its named for, didn't mean to open pandora's box
>>
>>48832725
>We've got good rules and are honestly one of the better balanced armies in the game
>BUT IT COULD BE BETTER REEEEEEE
>>
>>48828026

To be fair, the trees are pretty deadly, though they should have also probably started destroying EVERYONE in the forest.

Speaking of, I'm an old WHFB WE player trying to get into AoS. Is the Sylvaneth starter box worth getting? I already have a bunch of Dryads and converted treekin.
>>
>>48832426

Now that was a typo, thats clearly not even in the range of what we are discussing here. Besides, it was FaQ, with good reasons. But you, being a RAI deluxe by the way you type, are probably one of those Tau crybabies that refused to accept that a tank shock removes an anchored Stormsurge, even though it was there right in the rules.

So stop thinking everything should be played the way you "feel" like.
Stop trying to convince other players that your "opinion" is facts.
Stop putting in moral rules that negates lists, weapons and combinations, because you don't own them.
And stop playing WAAC fags when you clearly have a "I want it to be a fluff-friendly lists, but it ain´t" type of list. You know, the type where you point to the points tab and say´s, well It was a fair game, after you curbstomp your opponent.
>>
>>48832786
Because I've played 40k for years before fleeing its acidic community for AoS and I have learned the hard way that GW players are not to be trusted with points systems.

Saw a guy who played WHFB for 20 years. He was crushed when GW axed WHFB. Then over a year he slowly warmed to AoS, playing incredibly fluffy fun lists with all the gorgeous old-school models he'd collected over the years.
Then, literally three days after the GH came out I saw him table people with a Flamer-infested Matched Play army.
Sure, just a case example, but symptomatic for the sort of stuff I expect nowadays.
>>
>>48832671
>Matched is clearly broken because of this one thing being too strong even thoigh it clearly has counters in place! Fucking point faggots!

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>48832814

Yeah sorry it's been years but it's still a touchy subject for those who have been exposed to genuine idiots thought that.

It was never condoned by GW and they probably didn't include it because they never anticipated someone being so obtuse as to think terminators didn't actually wear terminator armor unless specified.
>>
>>48831722
http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/?page=1

Read you tit
>>
>>48832872
what is it about a points system that brings this out? is it that the illusion of balance suddenly makes people more obsessed with winning? Why are GW playsers specifically the ones who cant be trusted?
>>
>>48832502

I think you should play RAW to the extent that it becomes ridiculous. Most, well a good 95% of the rules, are good to go. Its the few of-shot rules we need to worry about. And then refer to the oldest rule of them all "faiths hand", just toss a die for the current game, and rule by it.

Hell, I got hammered in the last thread for just pointing out the obvious rule wording of a Gore-grunta charge rule, and I didn't even think it was that big of a deal. I just wanted to know if we had played it right (turns out we had played it RAW, though the majority of AoS /tg/ didn't agree with me.... nuf said).
>>
>>48832884
well as I am an actual autistic I can see why it could be easy to obsess over details like this, even seeming contradictions can be like a bad itch, I often have to remind myself that somethings are just not actually a big deal and put it out of my mind

if you're wondering how they eat and breath and other science facts, just repeat to yourself "its just a game, I should really just relax"
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 736x547px
>>48832953

I am legitimately curious as to what armies most appeal to a literal autist
>>
>>48832990
My guess is Seraphon.
>>
>>48832990
Stormcast actually.
>>
>>48832990
>>48833019
in my case you are correct but I liked Lizardmen before anyway, I got into them because I liked Dinosaurs, only learning after the fact that they had favorable rules
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 499x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 499x514px
>>48833035

Huh

>>48833038

Yeah dinosaurs are a reasonable draw to an army.
>>
>>48832914

In parts yes. With points you get the "focus game mechanic" as I like to call it, going.
With points, you get a sub-culture of gamers, and I mean gamers, that quickly takes over the majority of the hobby.
The game changes focus from "I like this model" to "This model isn't worth its rules in points".
You see this regularly on the AoS threads "which list is the best", "Are X worth its points", "I think X unit sucks now!", and so on.
Its not so much about winning, its a "out of the game hobby", that brings focus of creating the ultimate list worth its rules in points, without being a complete faggot. We know it, you know it, and the player who fields it knows it, that this list would not been played during narrative games, why? Well its obvious, you only have your moral fiber to let stand in the way of criticism after you curbstomp someone. And if everyone knows you played a cheesy WAAC list of doom, you cant brag about it.
Now we do the same exact example but add points, there, now you can stand proud and tall and point at a points chart, claiming you clearly played a "fair" game because you held your points inside the frame.
Its kind of a insurance for insecure men, who know they cant play Warmahordes (which actually is a pretty good game in the Tournament setting but takes skills), but needs a reason to win.
>>
>>48833092
I mean, I wouldn't like to lose every game, but where is the Drama of your dudes if you won every engagement, I'd use Points as a framework to find my footing for casual matches, and then focus more on setting up more story based set ups with friends, points are good to lean on for larger events as they are easier to agree on, but even the people overseeing them should be flexible with them
>>
I want to get a unit of 10 grave guard for my Death army, but everyone I've talked to says they're really bad. Looking at their rules I can't see anything too off about them, they just look like line infantry in the same vein as Liberators. Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>48833469

You get 10 4+ save wounds for 100 points with liberators. If shields are taken they reroll 1's for saves.

You get 5 5+ save wounds for 80 points with crypt guard. 4+ against rend - stuff.

They're really expensive for how easy it is to alpha them.

That being said they're just suboptimal, they aren't worthless by any means. If you want a unit go ahead and take it
>>
>>48833469
Might just mean you can get more for the same cost in skeles
>>
>>48825258
>Random wounds game, pre-GHB.
>Playing Dwarfs (on trusty square bases because those newfangled round bases are for beardlings)
>Fighting against Undead
>Double cannons are doing a good job wrecking the summoners
>Cannons get charged by flanking Morghasts.
>Miraculously, only one wound on the cannon.
>Engineers turn.
>Enraged by the scratch on ol' Soothy, they tear into one of the Morghasts with their tools until it's no more than a pile of bones.

It took the engineer and the organ gun a bit farther away to clear out the second one, but seeing a handful of engineers clobber a Morghast brought many cheers.
>>
>>48833765

>I ignore rend on my armor sa-
>WHAT REND?
>*clonk*
>>
>reading through Sylvaneth book
>" Though sometimes misunderstood by mortal allies, the sylvaneth are good and noble beings, staunch enemies of Chaos."

They really took them into a 180, didn't they? Pre AoS, they were angry little shits.
>>
>>48834332
loosing a home planet is kind of a wake up call in light of obsessing over one forest
>>
Could someone please type up the full text of Everwinter's Blessing from the Beastclaw Raiders book?
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 520x788px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 520x788px
Ok /AOSG/ what's this I hear about a new sculpt UNDEAD faction in the works?
>>
>>48834383

I guess that makes sense.

Is it weird that I kinda want to RP a nu-dryad or something?
>>
>>48834332
>Pre AoS, they were angry little shits

They still have a subfaction that it's made by those too much angry for the rest of the sylvaneth.

Drycha and the other Outcasts aren't very nice.
>>
>>48834496

That's good. I'm glad Drycha is still an angry bitch tree.
>>
>>48834461
It is a little, but knock yourself out.

>>48834332
I find it funny that they have a formation that includes using Dwarfs, but none with Elves. THAT is a 180.
>>
>>48831774
>EVERY alliance has some options to reach across the table and hurt the enemy.
Ironjawz don't. Closest thing they have is their shamans, and they have the usual magic limitations.
>>
>>48834598
Ironjawz have the best option to reach across the table and hurt your enemy.
You know, the one where you reach across the table and hurt them
>>
>>48832013
I assume you don't have the Generals Handbook? Might want to get that if you want to know how they work.
Long story short: The rules for allegiance benefits, traits and artefacts are in every book that has them. They were only introduced recently, so armies that got books before their introductions don't have them.
>>
>>48834521
>>48834496
they are still little angry pieces of shits.
in wardens of the everqueen they tolerate the stormcasts only because Alarielle wills it, and its states multiple times in various books they gladly attack humans. they see humans as little retards who cut them and live short, shallow lives.
they are more like "chaotic lawful" type of beign.
beign "noble"on the inside but giving shit to everyone else because all other guys don't matter in the end.
>>
>>48834574

Holy shit, yea. That's a total 180.

>>48834686

That makes more sense for them, imho.
>>
>>48833092
>You see this regularly on the AoS threads "which list is the best", "Are X worth its points", "I think X unit sucks now!", and so on.
You already had this. When the AoS rules hit, certain units were already simply more valuable than others simply because of their stats. Dwarf warriros and longbeards are both 1 wound models, but longbeards get a bunch of special rules. In terms of playability, the choice was obvious.

People have always looked at 'model playability' in AoS. All that changed now is that numbers add an additional thing to consider.

And make for an easy scapegoat, it seems.
>>
>>48834736
>That makes more sense for them, imho.
its canon. Its stated multiple times during the books and the sylvaneth take like 2/3 of the book "wardens of the everqueen"to appreciate the stormcasts, with some almost-romantic boind between the lady of the Vines(Alarielle second-in-command)and Grymn.
>>48834823
Pre GH there was still powerlisting. Most stores used to play with Wound count, and a LOT of models became simply useless.
Aos is pretty balanced, and even when facing a stronger list you can usually get your victory if your opponent plays worse than you. im finally glad to see a wh game where skill is rewarded. Aos is no chess but its definetely a HUGE step up from 40k and the horrible cancer whfb had become.
>>
>>48834885

I obviously haven't read them. Are they worth reading?
>>
>>48834598
yer fuckin numpty m8
>>
>>48834929
it...depends.
Quality varies a lot depending on the writer. for the most part they are average/below average.
Hammers of Sigmar so far is the bets of them, the writer is skilled and did really an excellent job with the character and the writing, while the characters in the other books are shallow and boring(I WAS AN HERO, THEN I BECAME A STORMCAST. HERO HERO SIGMAR SIGMAR HEROIC DEED SIGMAR HERO).
Im finishing Warbeast and its a GREAT read too. Based Thorpe has done a great job, as always.
Call of Archaon has some truly great parts but then they threw into it the shit writers so the quality floats a lot(its made of several short stories with the struggle of 3 chaos lords struggling to answer the call of archaon and became part of the varanguard).
I'd read the Gates of Azyr to see if you like the tone of the series(the books are the follow-up to that short story and the tone stays the same for the entire series)to see if ya maight like em.
I strongly suggest all quick reads, call of chaos(i think, don't remember the name)are super fast to read and, while some of them are shit, some others are pretty entertaining and they manage to give you a broader look into Aos.
>>
Does discussion about the Warhammer Fantasy end times belong here or in the WHFB general?
>>
>>48832913

Oh yes that's some real concrete proof there columbo. Not even the guy your responding to. How foolish of him not to have checked some random fucking forum in advance and criticising gw for not making all the battle tomes the same. The only tit here is you.
>>
>>48835079
whfb gen, but you walk on thin ice, since end times are pretty much hated by whfags as they are seen as the beginning of Aos.
>>
>>48835105
>gw makes optional battletomes for some factions
>fans complain there are no additional rules, no equipments, no specific spells
>gw updates the battletomes listening to players feedback
>people complains
Always remember anon: never go full retard
>>
File: 1466400991649.jpg (102KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
1466400991649.jpg
102KB, 718x718px
980 points:
100: Freeguild General
200: Freeguild Handgunners x20
160: Freeguild Greatswords
120: State Troop Detachment

Tell me why this isn't a good list again?
>>
>>48835230
Autists will get mad at you in this general
>>
>>48835230
I'd drop 20 gunners for another line of swords, or anything that can stand more than one second in melee to shield your guys.
Otherwise anything fast will hit them hard and they will flee like babies.
>>
>>48835147

It doesn't require psychic foresight to know that these things should be added since they've been in every army book ever prior to aos.

It's annoying being one of the armies that doesn't have these new toys since you always feel like your behind on the rules waiting for an update. It reminds me of 40k when your army would get a new codex either right at the end of an edition or right at the start of the next and just suck major dick for years on end.

It doesn't bother me personally since I just collect and paint and don't even play but it was this same sort of bullshitery that stopped me playing 40k years ago. You'd think they would have a uniform idea for how their game will work.

Also, "optional battle tomes"? Are you saying that they just did some randomly on a whim and weren't going to release them for every faction?

The point was, the guy was calling anon a tit for not knowing about some rumour on another board that has no proof what so ever.
>>
>>48835350
Don't the handgunners have piper or whatever to stop charges?
>>
>>48835393
>GW listens to user feedback
>"Why didn't you just do as we asked before we asked it?"

Yes, AoS launch got cocked up, but isn't GW listening to player feedback a good thing? Because you sure make it sound like a bad thing.
>>
>>48835511
also, "old"faction don't feel like they have been left behind. Speel lore and personal artifacts are not game changers and alliance artefact work just as fine.
And if they keep listening to feedback they will probably update released battletomes ooner or later.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-16-21-04-14.png (789KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-16-21-04-14.png
789KB, 720x1280px
>>48835075

I might take a look. WHFB fluff always interested me more than 40ks. I'm not expecting gold, but maybe a few diamonds in the rough, which is pretty much how you described it.

Also, wtf is this? I refuse to believe that even GW is this bad, which means pic related has to be on my end somewhere.
>>
>>48835393
>thing for game isn't in initial design
>players request thing
>ends up getting added
>takes a bit of time to get rolled out for those who don't have it

It's almost as if game design evolves over time as you add onto it, anon. Also it's just over 2 months, not years like 40k. Calm down, please.
>>
How do I into skaven mass shooting?
>>
>>48835677
jezzails, warp lighting cannons, more jezzails.
>>
>>48835319
What's so autistic about playing a completely bland and stereotypical army?
>>
>>48831477
>Since armies deploy at least 24.1" apart from each other

It is 12"+ from your opponent deployment zone, why don't you setup your unit 15" away then? And also place all unit in battalion at the same time, let beastclaw play get the 1st turn?
>>
>>48833554
It's 5 for 10 for liberators.
>>
>>48836061
100*
>>
>>48836061
>5 liberators at 10 points

Dear
God
>>
How well do deep striking Stormcasts do against handgunner/savage orruk shooting spam?
>>
>>48835589

Anyone? It's kind of annoying.
>>
>>48829228
Leadbelcher.
Lots of Nuln oil.
Alternatively a layer of Carroburg Crimson, then Coeila Greenshade, then Drakenhof Nightshade.
>>
>>48836668
Probably using a reader that doesn't support epub3.
>>
>>48836939

Hrm. What would you recommend then?
>>
>>48836668
Try kobo. Anon recommended it yesterday and It seems to work for me.
>>
>>48836958

Alright, I'll look into it. Thanks.
>>
>>48836949
Kobo, Readium, or I believe Adobe also now works.
>>
>>48836988

Sounds good. I'll experiment. Thanks.
>>
>>48832080
3 thundertusks could wildly swing the game even without random turns.

>Turn 1
Shoot everything you can

Melee-only opponent moves up as far as they can

>Turn 2, Beastclaw player goes first because no random turns
Shoot everything you can

That's still 36 mortal wounds without any randomly determined turns. If anything, having random turns would help the melee-only player since they'd have a great opportunity to close with the Thundertusks due to the double-turn.

In the specific instance that the Beastclaw player went second in the first game turn but then first in the second game turn, random turns could lead to a bollocking. Then again, depending on the army they're facing going second could be detrimental.
>>
Question:

Heroes don't actually join units anymore, right? If I had a Branchwraith with Realm Walker and decide to teleport to another woods, I couldn't bring a unit of Dryads with me to give them +2, right?
>>
>>48837648
Nope
>>
I just completed my starter set Retributors, and the wings feel terribly flimsy, is this standard for the kit or did I screw up somewhere?
>>
>>48837856
I meant prosecutors, it's late in EU land
>>
>>48837781

How does that work with shooting then? Can my opponent just choose to instantly kill any hero with a bunch of archers? That seems retarded.
>>
>>48837896
Yes and yes.
>>
>>48837919

What the shit. How am. I supposed to keep a branchwraith/wych alive?
>>
>>48838100
Only thing you can do is block his line of sight.
>>
>>48838111

That seems like an oversight. I guess that's also why heroes have tons of wounds.
>>
Can a stonehorn charge into a list like >>48835230
or will it just get BTFO by pipers?
>>
>>48837262
>>Turn 1
>Shoot everything you can

26(+d6?) threat range, why should I deploy my unit in your threat range? Also, I can build los blocking terrain too. And most core archer can out shoot thundertusk with math.

>but... but judicators can't...
>Shut up! Billy.
>>
>>48838168
At 1000pts the Stonehorns are dead. no real support to divert their attention from your big guys.
>>
>>48836958
>>48836988
I have a kobo from 4 years and it works great.
>>
>>48838168
Just with the piper ability, 20 handgunners will do an average of 7 wounds or 11 with the general's command ability, and they have a -1 rend.
>>
>>48835797
anti fun autist that can't let people have fun

you took my bait
>>
File: smug anime girl 417.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl 417.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>48838669
It's literally how armies in the real world fought: commanders, gun lines, and a few melee dudes.
>>
New thread
>>48838730
>>48838730
>>48838730
>>
>>48838700
wait who am I arguing with here? the guy who posted the list? if so why? I meant autists would get angry at you for having so much shooting in your army
not that you yourself are a autist.
>>
>>48828853
Doing initiative per warscroll the entire game makes it feel like chess .. Not sure if i like it
>>
>>48834521
Oh yeah, read the last story in the Legends book, drycha vs the order of the fly. Real good shit.
>>
>>48840423

That sounds neat. I'll have to grab it.
>>
>>48832045

Nothing wrong with any of those. Its how they have implemented them that's the problem.
>>
>>48838155
Nope just keep it out of harms way u retard
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.