[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General AoSG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 44

File: mhJigQs.jpg (317KB, 1536x936px) Image search: [Google]
mhJigQs.jpg
317KB, 1536x936px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Tzeentch update when edition...

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

>Old Thread
>>48792451

When are we getting the new Lord of Change Model? I want to warp some serious ass!
>TFW Tzeentch is all based on summoning and spawning new units and becomes shit with points like Nagash's undead palooza.
>>
>>48807803
>>48807001
he also has the same artifact twice
>>
>>48807829

You can use the same one twice on two separate heroes. The limitation is that one hero can only have a single artifact.
>>
>>48807860
you're right my bad
>>
So I have a question,

I have a friend getting into Age of Sigmar

He wants to do a kind of "Walking Zoo" army out of destruction in which an Ogre Warboss is the ring leader and the army had a bunch of captured beasts he tours around the realms, letting them eat villages and enemy armies as he goes.

So we were wondering how to make this list work? If he goes Beastclaw Raiders he gets the two monsters as Battleline, does that mean that they don't count towards the Behemoth number in Pitched battle and can he then use the spare behemoth spots for more monsters or is it more useful just going for a diverse amount of monsters and having a few grot squads as battleline for his army, the Orge as ringmaster and the rest being his "Exhibits".

His plans are

Ringmaster: Ogre Tyrant modeled with hat and chair like a lion tamer

And the exhibits:
Stonehorn as the lion
Thundertusk as the elephant
Firebreather is a Firebelly
The Bearded woman as a single Maneater
"The Worlds Strongest Man" which is made from an Aleguzzler Gargant
An Arachnarok with the grots on top made to look like clowns
A Butcher with Great Caldron that looks like a hot dog salesman.
The other Grots become the audience on his display board, which he makes look like a poorly made circus.

How should he best plan for this idea based on the GHB?
>>
>>48807978
With a list like that, he won't get beastclaw allegiance though. It has to be made up of *only* beastclaw units then. That limits his choices to: stonehorn, mournfangs, saber cats, hunter, thundertusk and yheetees. What you have there is a mixed destruction list. Will still probably do well, but it's a mix of beastclaw, gutbusters, spiderfang, firebellies, maneaters and gargants. So no single allegiance bonuses.
>>
>>48807978

Being battleline doesn't mean a unit bypasses being a behemoth (or leader, artillery), it just means it also helps fulfill the battleline requirement for the army.

So the more behemoths he wants, the bigger his list needs to be. 2 at 1kpts, 4 at 2kpts and 5 at 2.5kpts.
>>
File: horsey1.png (1MB, 1025x770px) Image search: [Google]
horsey1.png
1MB, 1025x770px
What you guys workin on?

Here's my first model (well i got bored cause it took fuckin hours so i just painted some archers but they look shit so heres half a horse)
>>
>>48807978

What >>48808048 said. You have to go mixed

But also fit Mangle Squigs in there... they are fantastic and would look hilarious in clown make up.

I love these kinds of "Themed armies". It reminds me of an Orks and Goblins army I once saw where the models were painted and modeled with instruments and set up on a board to look like an orchestra. It was funny as shit.
>>
>>48808068
That blending is fantastic Anon... Keep up the good work!
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 1024x768px
>>48808077
Something like this? Funny stuff.
>>
>>48807803

My bad, the way 1d4chan wrote it made me think each engine coven was a battalion.
>>
>>48808123
HOLY SHIT THAT IS IT! I fucking saw that at the Conflict GT! Are you the owner because then you are much based!
>>
>>48808068
The carrot Knight.
>>
>>48808267
Ahh, nope sorry. Just did a gis for orc and goblin orchestra. It's from the Crossroads whfb GT apparently. It features in a dakka thread.
>>
>>48808048
On the plus side, Destruction's abilities are quite good so it's still pretty viable.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 393x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 393x337px
>>48808308
THIS is a carrot knight!
>>
ITT make concepts as to how to implement various deleted factions back into the setting.

How would you re add the following back into the setting in a way that doesn't flat out fuck the established order.

Brettonia

Tomb Kings

Wood Elves

How would you re-implement them into the setting? What kind of gimmick would they have on table (like Sylvanneth have woods), what would be a unique new unit/ redone unit be that they would have released for their battletome and what would the basics of their fluff be?

Lets hear some ideas /tg/?
>>
>>48808385
>bretonnia
just a generic enclave of order aligned humans in one of the mortal realms that has knights
>tomb kings
setrra is reformed somehow and sets out to fuck up nagash
>wood elves
they still exist ?
>>
>>48808385
I still like the animated constructs death faction idea.

They'd be led by Settra, now in a new constructed body and be anti-Nagash.
>>
>>48808385
Brets are part of the free people, living out the traditions of the past, tomb kimgs are still in fluff, if not in models, with ushabti and chariots being mentioned, and someone called the Crimson Monarch killing ogres and putting their heads on his chariots. Wood elves are straight ported as Wanderers.
>>
>>48808435
Seriously, I said it the other day, Tomb Kings are coming back next year as a Forgeworld army.

Brets too.
>>
File: 1469567046001.jpg (74KB, 596x795px) Image search: [Google]
1469567046001.jpg
74KB, 596x795px
Thinking of getting into AoS. Is the starter kit worth getting?

Was going to collect Khorne, since they seem to be the main edgy villain.
>>
>>48808545
Would be good. I just rediscovered my bret boner.
>>
>>48808609
Get a start collecting box bro. Best deals GW has ever released.
>>
>>48808385
>Brettonia
That realm all those Bretonnian souls were send to was not destroyed after all, and now the Knights of old ride forth on a glorious crusade of vengeance.

>Tomb Kings
Mighty Settra survived the ravages of the End Times and ends up in Hysh. Now a glorious King of Light, he rebuilds his mighty armies before setting out to the realm of death out to fulfill an ancient promise made to its ruler.

>Wood Elves
As I recall they still exist, but I'd have them be re-integrated into the Sylvaneth armies proper.
>>
>>48808657
But Alarielle doesn't want them. That's part of Wanderer fluff. They failed to show up for the War of Life, and she laid down the banhammer and got mad.
>>
>>48808657
>Those WEs
No they didn't help their Treebros, so fuck them
Either they need to be just a bunch of wanderers or merge with the other 2 elven factions
>>
>>48808545
Where's the source for this?

When has forge world said they are doing Tomb kings or bretonia ?
>>
>>48808667
More like estranged relatives really.
>>
>>48807978
This sounds fucking awesome desu
>>
>>48808385
>Brettonia

If I recall "The Lady" claimed their souls during the end times right and that power passed to Alarielle? If that is the case I would totally do them as follows.

>Over the next year have Allariele observe how Sigmar has claimed the greatest of Humanities hero's for his Stormcast.
>Have her show humorous contempt when that idea is brought up.
>Let her mention once that she "knew what true heroism once was".
>After a future Realmgate wars book ends in a major upset and defeat for the stormcasts and Sigmar have her vent her frustration at the God King, claiming that "war and a pursuit of only victory is blinding him"or that he "is forgetting his purpose".
>Before leaving Alarielle claims she will remind frail mankind and Sigmar himself of "the glories of old".
>Have her sing a new song over the mortal realms one as ancient as the world that was, drawing the attention of those that remember the old world.
>When she finished write that she has planted a unique seed "in the hearts of men". One that will remind Sigmar of the hope he must stand for.
>End that book with young men of many lowly stations, yet with noble heart and purpose being called into forests by a sweet song and visions of a beautiful maiden.

Fast forward a month or two and release Battletome: Knights of the Lady in time for the next realmgate wars book. The book will be similar in vein to the Everchosen book, in that it will feature only three new units. One super cavalry unit like the Varanguard, one support wizard, and a powerful new hero choice.

>cont...
>>
>>48808858
>cont...

Knights of the Lady: An Order version of super cavalry in the style of the Varanguard. Absolutely stunning and beautiful Knights that would be sold in boxes of three. Think the most king Arthur style knights you can think of. Have their rules and fluff act like that of the Green Knight, appearing from the mists and riding forth to strike the enemy. They would be able to be held in reserve and ride from a realm gate or a side edge of a table if wanted to represent their uncounted arrival. Also some rule allowing them to move out of combat like a retreat, except through the enemy unit and then still be able to charge, as long as they dont charge the unit they just moved away from to represent their more mystic nature and give their lances more work.
> They were born from the song of Chivalry and are living representatives of honor and glory.
> Are made from the noble of current mankind, not reforged souls of the dead.
> Appear from the mists on noble crusades against the dark and unjust.
> Swear to defend the lowly and weak, those too small for even Sigmar to notice.
> Small in number but the strongest of mortal souls
> Each crusade, a full unit of 12, is led by a Knight of the Round, the nobels that gather deep within a forgotten castle in Hysh to discuss their actions
> Advised by the Ladies of Alarielle, a small order of wizards wielding light magic and tasked with rebuilding hope in the people.
> While appearing to fight besides the Stormcast at times they are not a member of Sigmar's armies and fight for their own goals.
> Lands they defend adopt Chivalry and come to seek honor above all.

Lady of Alarielle: A beautiful maiden wizard model mounted on a unicorn. Designed with buffs for Free Peoples and the Knights get buffs if they can see her.

>cont...
>>
>>48808865
Knight of the Round: A powerful lord of light. Very strong statline and able to take a vow each game that give different rules for them and their Knight units.

In pitched battles they would be 360 for 3 Knights and would only be taken as a unique unit. Only one Knight Squad per army usually with the option of taking Knight's of the Round. The first Lord buffs your first Knight unit, the Second Lord gives you access to another unit of Knights. So you could always take one unit of Knights, but to unlock a second you would need to take a Lord of the Round for your current unit, a Lord of the Round for the second unit and then the second unit which can take a different vow and buffs with their Lord.

Then write about how they reinspire Sigmar and the Stormcast, illuminating the world with their victories.
>>
>>48808858
>>48808865
sounds horrible and completely different from the the old bretonnia at that
>>
I'm kinda stuck... I really like beastmen, but I also like Brettonia. I wrote some lore for a beastmen Brayherd (Using fantasy lore, my group hates the AOS lore so they just use the rules but fantasy lore) but am having doubts. Anyone able to remedy this?
>>
>>48808858
>>48808865

While not sold on the story so much, the idea of a Varanguard scale box of Brettonian Knights, all lavished with detail and powerful rules would be the tits.
>>
>>48808385

Tomb kings would have been fine if they had just rolled the archers and chariots and cavalry into death rattle and then made a new reanimants faction for the constructs. The call of archaon series one of the champions fight against necrosphinxes so they must still he used by somebody
>>
>>48808865
screw the haters man, that's an army I would play and fluff I'd be proud to annoy my girlfriend with.
>>
If you had to make a brand new faction for a Grand Alliance, what would it be?

My suggestion would be the Amazons for Destruction, or at least a feral human faction that worships Gorkamorka
>>
>>48807978
Yo. I was starting an ogor army like this.
Like w circus.
>>
>>48808385

The Lady actually exists and she rides a giant beetle. Knightly charge next to a wave of ents. Would have battalions that allow them to ally with Sylvaneth.

Also the Green Knight makes a reappearance
>>
File: The Last Warpstone.jpg (102KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Warpstone.jpg
102KB, 1280x905px
I'm looking at starting a small Skaven force for AoS based around Clan Skyre. Are the most recent rules/warscrolls for non-Pestilens units still the legacy ones, or is there a newer book somewhere?

I've looked around in the Mega resource, but haven't found any other rules sources for the Skaven - apart from the General's Handbook of course, but that only lists points values.

Also on that note, are Clanrats and Stormvermin still max unit size or bust? And Why aren't Skavenslaves in the General's Handbook, have they been removed?

Cheers in advance.
>>
>>48809318
Are the ones on the unit pages legacy? If not, those are newer.
>>
>>48809318
Each unit listed on the webstore has a newer warscroll you can download. Everything else is in the old black and white skaven warscroll compendium
>>
>>48809318
Skaven slaves are in the ghb, just look in the compendiums section in the back. That's where they put the points for all the discontinued models.
>>
>>48809081
Mad Scientist Necromancers from Chamon.

I'm talking Frankenstein horror themed in which units look stitched together and have magiteck built into them.

Basically the crazy division of Nagash's servants, tasked with mending flesh and magiteck to create the ultimate undead abominations.

The Mad scientists labor long and hard, each seeking to out do the other in a race to give life to the perfect undead abominations.

Mechanics wise they would be about making unique and crazy combinations of monsters and people.

Werewolves, Frankenstein's monsters, zombies, half spiders and corpse abominations (The monster kit of a million options) would all be very interesting types of creatures they could fashion and use. Send out their forces from their laboratories to "test" on the living.

The only challenge would be to make them mechanically different enough from some of the Skaven monstrosities that Clan Skryre and Moulder uses but with enough Frankenstein inspiration it could be fantastic.
>>
So if there's a legacy warscroll and an updated warscroll, we can choose to use the legacy one right?

I want my useful warrior priests
>>
>>48809539
According to the FAQ yes, you can choose to use either. Just use the points for the updated warscroll in the GHB. But you choose to use the whole warscroll, you can't pick and choose which parts you want from either. This may mean that some of the keywords change and some of the keyword synergy for some of them disappears.
>>
>>48809539
>legacy warscroll and an updated warscroll, we can choose to use the legacy one right?

For open play, yes. Matched game, no.
>>
>>48809094
>The Lady actually exists and she rides a giant beetle.
Why are you making stuff up.

The lady turned out to be Lileath. Not Isha, or Ariel, or Alliralli. Right now, Lileath has no part in AoS (Although I can see her having some form of reference or return with the Elves, seeing as trickery was her thing).
>>
>>48809678
Ofcourse you can choose to use the legacy war scroll in matched don't be fucking dumb
>>
>>48808667
It is less "she doesn't want them" and more she doesn't feel kinship with Elves anymore, and the Wood Elves themselves feel they are not worthy of the Sylvaneths forgiveness.
>>
>>48809688
> think of a way to get discontinued back in the game

Guy posts suggestion

> wtf stop making stuff up
>>
>>48809717
I am an idiot. This is why you shouldn't read threads backwards "just to catch up".

That being said, I do think Lileath will be coming back with the normal Elves, since that Mistweaver in the Silver Tower box looks right up her ally.
>>
>>48809700
>choose to use the legacy war scroll in matched

I know they FAQ about legacy warscrolls, but the GHB FAQ say nothing about that.

Why don't you ask da question on FB? I can't access FB atm, you know.
>>
>>48809688

Eh, the Lady or her sister, all these elven gods look alike
>>
>>48809711
>and the Wood Elves themselves feel they are not worthy of the Sylvaneths forgiveness.
Okay I'll admit, that does sound very Wood Elf.
>>
>>48809020
My guess is that the kits were taken down so they can redo the finecast molds as plastic and do a full rerelease
>>
Good day /tg/ So I normally play generic chaos but have recently gotten a couple of boxes of Varanguard and am really enjoying painting these guys. So when they are done I want to try setting them loose of my tables, the problem is they are insanely expensive and eat all of my points up. So I have been trying to think of ways to make them work via mass buffs.

The idea with this list is use the Bloodsecrators to give the Varanguard multiple extra attacks and prevent battleshock for the buffed reavers and Blood warriors led by the attack generating Aspiring Deathbringers, which tie up units for the Varanguard, or Archaon to finish at their leisure.

Archaon and the Varanguard can easily get +2 Attacks and the Blood warriors can easily climb to 6 attacks a pop with the Aspiring Deathbringers swinging at 14 attacks each when swinging next to each other under the banners.

Basically form a giant army grinder and get stuck in the middle.

LEADERS:
Archaon The Everchosen (320)

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodsecrator (120)

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer

UNITS
Varanguard x 6 (720)

Blood Warriors x 5 (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Goreglaive : 0

Blood Warriors x 15 (300)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Goreglaive : 0

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Reaver Blades

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Reaver Blades

The question I have is how potent does this look. I normally only play at 1500pts and so I'm not sure if it brought enough bodies or is too "all the eggs in one basket" with the 700pts in the Varanguard.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>48810224
Whoops the 15 man Blood warrior unit is meant to be 10...
>>
File: Skaven strategy.png (533KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven strategy.png
533KB, 1424x842px
>>48809342
>>48809455
>>48809489
Thanks for the answers.

Here's my 1,000pt probably shit list that I've thrown together, r8ings would be very much appreciated:

>Leader:
>Arch-Warlock - 140pts

>Battleline:
>Clanrats x30 w/spears + shields - 180pts
>Clanrats x30 w/blades + shields - 180pts

>Artillery:
>Warp Lightning Cannon - 180pts

>Behemoths:
>Doomwheel - 140pts

>Other:
>Ratling Gun Team x2 -160pts

>Total: 980pts
>>
>>48810356

Fun/10

Not a cheesy mortal wound spam skaven list so I'd love to play against it
>>
>>48810356
Sounds cool, would enjoy playing against.
>>
>>48810224
Shit that is a lot of attacks, but your relying ALOT on those Bloodsecrators planting at the right time. One good charge from the opponent before the you can plant can see the bloodreavers disappear in a turn or two. But those Varanguard will defiantly kill whatever they hit first if you give them the spears for that initial impact.
>>
File: image.png (82KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82KB, 750x835px
>Battletome: Knights of the Sanctuary

>whole army of green knight esque Bretonnians who appear out of terrain and rescue people in need
>like Legion of the Damned but not edgy
>>
Alright, so here's what I'm thinking of for Bretonnians. I never got round to playing them much in fantasy, and AoS has rekindled my love for the sword and shield stuff.

>1980 Points Bretonnia

>King Louen Leoncoeur - 400
>The Fay Enchantress - 160
>Lord on Pegasus - 140
>Paladin Standard Bearer
>Damsel of the Lady

>8x Knights of the Realm
>8x Knights of the Realm
>8x Knights of the Realm
>8x Knights Errant
>3x Pegasus Knights

>Defender of the Realm Battalion

I realise it's probably worse than Peasant/Trebuchet spam, but zeal and chivalry are what Bretonnians embody. Thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 495x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 495x363px
>>48810753

Downright Chivalric
>>
>>48810753
You lose out on so many buffs only taking them in units of 8
>>
>>48810753
Plus why do you need a paladin standard bearer if you have king leon
>>
So im going to be buying the Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness box to get into the game, but what should I buy to expand on it?

Is the Lord Heldraths Chaos Deathtide box worth getting?
>>
>>48810832
Required for the Battalion.

>>48810822
Yeah, but units of 16 get very expensive, would require dropping Louen and the Fay.
>>
>>48809499
I'm hard, could be cool to expand Deathwalker with that stuff. I hope that they focus on expanding factions with a small amount of units, rather than creating new ones entirely.
>>
>>48809318
The grand alliance Chaos has all the warscrolls, and the details for the Clan Skryre battalion
>>
Anyone care for chaos dwarfs here? Been making some lists recently. Would like to run 4 magmas at 2k but I don't think I want to buy that many.

1k:
Shar'tor 240
Bull centaur taur'uk 180 (general, dark avenger, +1 att sword)
Demonsmith 100

10 fireglaves 100
10 fireglaves 100

2 magma cannons 280

And at 2k adding:

Darzhoath 380
20 infernal guard 200
10 fireglaves 100
6 bull centaurs 320
>>
File: laff.jpg (58KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
laff.jpg
58KB, 991x902px
>>48811129
>shar'tor

every time.
>>
>>48810872
It's a shit battalion
>>
>>48810691
Shitting on edgy things is pretty edgy in itself.
>>
>>48811338

Are you being retarded for the sake of being retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 736x988px
>>48811338

I don't shit on edginess, I let it wilt in the radiance of purity
>>
>>48809499
All I think of is a Geralf stitched together force from Innistrad. I could see so many crazy shit for these guys.

Hell the lore could be hilariously dark, like harnessing the power of Sigmar's thunderbolts and storms has supercharged their flesh laboratories and they constantly need to keep up with the energy spikes, leading them out into the wider realms to seek bodies and rare resources and materials.

Factories full of machinery that intakes certain bodies and spits out new monstrosities.

Bonuses based on the sheer number of slain models.

The zombies are the villagers of the surrounding towns, working the machines of industry one would find in Chamon, the factories of fleshwork and the crazy laboratories where all the inventing happens.

The Abomination kit could be a bits wonderland that can make hundreds of different combinations.

It wouldn't even be that hard to make.

Zombies and Frankenbodies would be battleline, Werefleshers would be the fast cav unit, the abomination would be the monster for the release.

A special Leader version of the Werefleshers (The Wereflesher Alpha) and the Frankenbodies (Better Brain Frankenbody) to allow battalions themed around the unit types.

The only kits I would release would be:

Wereflesher (werewolves)/ Frankenbodies kit like the Crypt Horrors/ Crypt Flayers.

Zombies repackaged in boxes of 20

The Fleshpatch Abomination which is a behemoth model with a huge amount of bits to allow maximum customizability.

A blister of a Mad Doctor and his Ghoul henchmen or a Mad Doctor Riding a giant flesh monster to better observe his creations running amok.

Then just add a few battalions:

Wereflesher moonpack
FrankenGuard
Specimen Collection Force (Mix of both)
The Mad Doctor's Masterpieces (3 Abominations)

It could totally be an interesting faction for Death, and can easily be dark or humorous as need be. Don't want to hijack your idea Anon, but it sounds pretty clever.
>>
Hey /AOSG/ here's a rules question:

Skullreapers have a rule that states the following:
>When a model attacks with a Daemonblade or Soultearer, and the hit roll is 6 or higher, the daemon bound inside the blade awakens. If that attack's wound roll is successful, then the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to any other damage. If the wound roll is a 1, the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound instead!

Now does this mean all wound rolls of 1 inflict a mortal wound on the Skullreapers? Or is it only the wound rolls of 1 for dice that rolled 6 to hit?
The order it's written makes it unclear to me, but I might just be an idiot. What do you anons think?
>>
>>48811779
>If that attack's wound roll

Its only on the 6s as they specify "That attack" .

You 3-4 attacks, 2 of them are 6s, THOSE attacks only smack you if their wound rolls are 1s
>>
>>48811779

This guy >>48811830

Has it right

Also don't take daemon blades, they suck on them anyway
>>
>>48811779
>Or is it only the wound rolls of 1 for dice that rolled 6 to hit?
That one
>>
>>48811538
That's pretty edgy, dude.
>>
File: WP_20160815_20_04_55_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160815_20_04_55_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Local shop is having some discounts on GW stuff, I saw these and remembered you guys were talking about how fast they were.
So, fuck it, I bought them!

>Anything I should be aware of?
>Suggestions on the color scheme?

I see you can build two smaller chariot instead of the big one with the same box. And there is a third weird kind of chariot I didn't even know it existed.

>What to build?
>>
It's my Orruk roaster on 1000 points:
- Megaboss
- Warchanter
- 10 Ardboyz
- 10 Brutes
- 3 Gore-Gruntas
- IronFist formation

Is it possible to win The Empire with this roaster or i need to change something?
>>
right people. Armies on parade talk quickly. I have an army of ironjaws fully painted (posted em here a few threads ago, the bone scheme which sparked an argument of tigrex vs mawkrusha)

Now i would like to make a board while saying suck it to everyone else. Everyone else is buying either gw boards or ndf and etc. Could i get away with using carboard and cork? (using a age of sigmar starter set box + others to make it 24x24.

Theme would be very simple irnojawz walking through a muddy plain with rubble everywhere (made of cork)

would it work?
>>
>>48812208
I'd suggest something more solid than cardboard as the flooring, but otherwise yeah. Cardboard doesn't last long, but for a temporary parade board it should be fine/
>>
>>48811830
>>48811868
>>48811877
Thank you kind sirs.

Why do they suck? Just the hit difference? It won't really help me here as I got the unit secondhand and it's already built with them, but I'm curious if gore slick blades and spine cleaver are that much better for future units. They definitely look better on the model. I can't say I'm much of a fan of the gribbly weapons desu
>>
>>48812042
PAINT THE CHARIOT BEFORE ASSEMBLING.

Seriously, so many people have got that wrong.
>>
>>48812187
Depends. Is he bringing cannons? Because those are going to fuck over your Brutses and Gruntas like no tomorrow. If not, then you're good.
>>
>>48812326
Can i do something with his cannons?
>>
So I want to add some ranged support to my Stormcast, but everything is either too costly or needs support from its own allegiance. What should I consider?
>>
>>48812042
>>48812312
I usually hate this, but I can confirm that painting these things is an absolute clusterfuck if it's fully assembled. I have 3 and have never finished them because of how shitty it is to work on.
Perhaps painting first might be worth it.
Also, get ready to scrape a shit ton of mold lines.

I've never successfully used chariots in a game yet (since unpainted), but seekers are fun. They are stupid fast for sure. They can dish out a decent number of attacks, but aren't tremendously durable, so make sure to use your speed to charge on your terms.
>>
>>48812302

That's fine, I shouldn't have said suck. They're okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x620px
>>48812420
>>
>>48812373
Aside from the usual get there as fast as possible, not really no. Cannons have a high rend and damage potential, while Ironjawz lack significant ranged or sneaky units to deal with them.
>>
>>48812302
The more hits you make with the Gore-Slicked blades will always translate to more damage then the Deamon blades ever would with the 6s.

Khorne right now is all about taking units and Spamming extra attack buffs through the nose until you have 6-8 attack monsters hitting and wounding on 3s and you out damage everything that you hit. Going for the burst damage over survivability.

You want to make sure you get the most amount of hits as possible with these guys and let their 3+ wounds lead to a ton of saves for the opponent.

Add to that Trial of Skulls and these guys should be devouring basic troopers and building their buffs to go ham on the bigger shit your opponent is packing.
>>
>>48808385
>bretonnia
Similar to what other anons said, they're the super Grail Knights that were sent to the haven back in the endtimes, and now they function as an army of green Knights. Instead of worshipping the Lady, they follow Louen Leoncuer who was raised to godhood after his death (this actually happened) as a shinin example of chivalry. The souks of the damsels are also there, reborn as powerful casters for the army. Tons of flying units like pegasus Knights and hippogryph Knights as well, and maybe a form of questing beast for the champions to ride. They're based in the realm of light, but often crusade out to the other realms tonfight the enemies of order

>tomb kings
Settra finally got his shiny golden body and comes back as a god. He and the descendants of the liche priests found a way to bind souls into statues to protect them from Nagash and chaos, and now hey are truly independant from Nagash. Ushabti battle line, all the other animated constructs in the army, all skeleton models are given death masks and painted as having metal or earthen bodies. Skeleton warriors and archers get rolled into death rattle, while all the elite skeletons and character units are remade into statues/golems
>>
>>48810997
Didn't know that, thanks.
>>
>>48812444
they need a general for maxiumim dakka though
>>
>>48812428
>>48812509
Cool. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>48812699
It doesn't need to be maximised though. It works fine without.
>>
>>48813021
>>48812420

fair enough though its quite a risk at 20 you need to take atleast 30 of them if you want to get enough bang for yer buck after the enemy looks roughly in your direction once that way

for some ranged you can just leave on your own i'dd get the sisters of the watch
sure they're 240 but they have a better save , fire twice unless you moved and get the over watch ability at 3+3+ always
downside is no rend and less wounds though
>>
>>48810753
>Only own the Bretonnian battalion box
>Only comes with 8 Knights.
>Can only find acceptable alternative minis for Peasant archers and Men at Arms.

The best I can find is the Teutonic Knights from Fireforge.

http://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/warhammer-fantasy/the-empire/alternate-miniatures/teutonic-knights-cavalry
>>
>>48813266
Those look fine though
>>
>>48812699
>>48812420

Judicators are fine, their 4+ save goes pretty far and they hit as hard as liberators in melee. They don't die in droves like handgunners typically will if taken unsupported
>>
so how does this look?

LEADERS
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)
Freeguild General (100)
Battlemage (100)
Lore of Life
Battlemage (100)
Lore of Shadows

UNITS
Paladin Retributors x 5 (220)
Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers x 6 (200)
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
Freeguild Guard x 10 (80)
Freeguild Greatswords x 10 (160)
Freeguild Crossbowmen x 10 (100)
WOUNDS: 158 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000
>>
>>48813414
they don't churn out nearly as much damage though
>>
>>48813445

Group your crossbowmen into one unit, they want to have their group bonus.

Consider putting the guard into one blob as well, to maximize the generals buffing ability.

That or consider dropping the guard completely and adding another 10 greatswords and a relictor or warrior priest (use the legacy one, he can buff anyone, not just devoted of Sigmar)
>>
>>48811601
>Zombies repackaged in boxes of 20

Pls no
>>
>>48813491

They don't need to ball up in groups of 20 or more and can also move and shoot freely unless they're at point blank. There's real value in being able to move 5" and shoot 24".

Handgunners are good but you have to make a list to accommodate them, they don't support the list. They have high damage but that 6+ save is brutal for how much they cost.

Also judicators have a lot of options for teleporting, which helps them quite a bit
>>
>>48813491

See handgunners are deceptive. Unless the enemy has absolutely no shooting or magi, they're not actually going to get their full alottment of shooting because they're just so easy to kill, are fairly short ranged and are usually taken in such numbers that they can't be LOS screened.

That doesn't mean they're bad, they're absolutely fantastic, but they don't invalidate all other choices.
>>
>>48813508
will do that greatsword idea and group up the crossbows, thanks anon
but what about the priest from silver tower, its just my friend is actually selling the models, whats different between him and the generic warrior priests? cuz i think they cost the same
>>
>>48813565
at that point you're just looking at slightly more mobile artillery which is a role better suited for actual artillery
100 points isn't that expensive , their biggest downside is they need 20 men in the unit to be effective
ironically enough the only thing judicators excel at is whittling down units like handgunners
>>
>>48813617

They do cost the same

Silver tower warrior priest doesn't have the damage buff of the regular one but comes with a demigryph, he's breddy gud

Totally legit choice
>>
>>48813603
which is why i'm the guy that recommended sisters of the watch
>>
>>48813637

They do different stuff from artillery, mainly that they can put normal rend wounds on stuff that mortal wounds would be a waste for. Different roles. Also cannons aren't Battleline sadly.

Crossbow judicators are just flat damage and are nice in their niche because of Skyborne slayers or other battalions that let them land right in range on the other side of a shield wall. This lets them avoid the usual bane of my handgunners, which is "blacken the sky" tier arrow spam.

100 points isn't that expensive but handgunners aren't all that impressive in a naked 10 man unit either. If you're just taking them for tax, liberators might do you better in Stormcasts.

>>48813672

they're good but holy shit they're pricey for how squishy they are
>>
File: 1471040286657.gif (409KB, 530x420px) Image search: [Google]
1471040286657.gif
409KB, 530x420px
Let's get right down to the brass tacks.

What are the most busted point costs in the General's Handbooks?
What are the worst deals for points?
What are the best deals?
>>
>>48813905

>best for points

Stonehorns, thundertusks, massed shooting in general, skaven mortal wound spam

>worst for points

It helps that I'm actually struggling to think of anything that's blatantly over costed, Stardrakes don't do what people think they do so they tend to be underwhelming at first but they can be viable.
>>
>>48813905
Mournghoul
>>
>>48812482

With his formation and the destruction trait he has 2d6 movement in the hero phase with every unit in the formation. He should be quiet fast.
>>
Can anybody recommend an Android epub reader that actually displays GWs books properly? I was using Aldiko, which worked ok for my 40k stuff, but these Age of Sigmar books are totally fucked. Is anyone able to successfully read battletomes or realmgate wars books on android?
>>
>>48814511
The kobo app worked for me
>>
>>48813030 This guy here with an Ogre army. Can someone tell me how they work? Is that army a good size to play most people with?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 680x583px
>Guy put up a whole unpainted 2000 point Bretonnia army for $200
>posted it on Craigslist Saturday evening, responded to him Sunday morning
>still think I was too late

It's not fair
>>
>>48810753
I also play Brets. They kinda suck or atleast I didnt't find a good way to run them. You lose against any big monster or nearly anything can outlast your knights.

I find KotR in groups of 8 underwhelming and in groups of 16 to expensive.
>>
File: image.gif (434KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
434KB, 319x240px
>>48814706

>I also play Brets. They kinda suck.

Renew your faith in the Lady
>>
File: peasants.jpg (108KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
peasants.jpg
108KB, 720x960px
>>48814762
I'm trying to stay strong with every of my 40 Knights that gets painted.
>>
>>48813982
>massed shooting in general

Uh... why?
>>
>>48815122

You can get some sickeningly good results with massed small arms shooting in AoS, it's not limited to any faction in particular but elves, free guilds and weirdly enough savage orruks are all excellent at dropping 200-300 shots in a shooting phase without trouble.

It's fairly frustrating to play against and a gentlemens agreement to not play those lists is pretty common
>>
>>48813905
I know for certain Varanguard are in the running for worst deal for points.

In a faction that relies on synergy with the God keywords Varanguard have to pay an insane amount to to be able to be synergistic and for 360pts for only 3 they are way too Little for what you pay for.

AT BEST you have to pay 360 for a base squad of three, then 320 pts at a minimum to get Horsey Archaon on the field so you can give them a god keyword, then you have to start buying the buffs for them Its very hard to make work anywhere but over 2000pts.

Blood Knights are cheaper and infinitely better for what they bring to the table.
>>
>>48813561
They already ARE in boxes of 20....
>>
So who winn campaigne and what it will have consequences??
>>
>>48809081
I've always wanted a Nippon or Cathay faction in WHFB but that was only ever teased. Just something oriental no-western with Samurai, Spirits and Kung-Fu Monks. Go full ham if you will.
It's not like the Free peoples/Imperium aren't a conglomeration of stereotypes.
>>
>was going to paint tonight
>drained of energy from a weeks work and family, gets a cold one instead
>1 easily becomes 2... and so it goes

Shit, I ain't painting my models with several beers down my belly! Ill wake up next morning wondering which one of my kid did this!
>>
Made a list for beastmen, how does it look? Also, is there any Age of Sigmar lore for them?

2000/2000
Beastmen

Leaders:
1:Malagor, The Dark Omen[120](G)
2:Beastlord[80](Weapon:Crown of Conquest)
3:Wargor Standard Bearer[80]

Battleline:
1:Gors[160](20)
2:Gors[160](20)
3:Gors[160](20)

Behemoth:
1:Ghorgon(220)

Other:
1:Bestigors[420](30)
2:Bestigors[420](30)

Open to criticism.
>>
>>48815745
They've appeared some times in the books I've read in minor roles, mainly just to be slaughtered.
>>
>>48810858
>Is the Lord Heldraths Chaos Deathtide box worth getting?

If you like and want/need the units in it, it's great value.
>>
>>48815474

Not that I don't agree with you, but varanguard are almost always meant to just be in a full Archaon build otherwise they're just mediocre compared to chaos Knights even.

They sadly aren't like Dracothians who can happily fit in any order list all by themselves.
>>
>>48815689

I paint better drunk, just do it.
>>
>>48815829
Oh boy, my favorite!
>>
>>48814694
your area might be different, but the Warhammer goes slow in mine. Some guy was moving and needed rid of his stuff for good prices, and months later when I got more money to buy more of his stuff he'd hardly sold anything
>>
>>48816021

The listing is still up, so maybe he's just a slow responder. I'm hopeful
>>
>>48815219
>savage orruks are all excellent at dropping 200-300 shots in a shooting phase without trouble.

That's merely a mathhammer problem among spergs on the internet that don't even really play.
>>
File: IMG_2008.jpg (429KB, 808x1078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2008.jpg
429KB, 808x1078px
>>48816041
Craigslist is pretty shady for me, either people respond and I get what I want or I never hear back. Bretonnians were my first Warhammer army, I bought a battleforce for $50, archers, King Leon, and a bunch of other stuff because they seemed cool. I ended up trading them away for Space Marine stuff about a year ago because I decided I'd never be able to paint them all, especially not to a quality that I was happy with as they're not nearly as easy as SM.
>>
>>48815689
Drybrushing while moderately drunk with some good music in the background is quite nice desu senpai.
>>
>>48816142

Not that I've ever seen it happen but all it would take is one mob of 40 savage orruks to reliably drop 160 shots per round with the war bosses command ability. Thats math hammer sure, but rolling 120 dice is going to give you some pretty evened out probabilities.
>>
>>48816178
i hope you never forgave yourself
>>
>>48816270
stop with the stigma on mathhammer especially when it comes to a large amount of dicerolls
it's perpetrated by retards
as soon as you hit 20+ dicerolls i find the result within mathhammer range 90% of the time
>>
Thinking about getting the old skaven battalion box for $100. Already have fuck ton of pestilens, sick of their inability to fight beastclaw. Also need 15 gutter runners for keks.
>>
>>48816648
And some WLC and stormfiends
>>
>>48813266
is there still anywhere that sells the bretonnian battalion box?
>>
>>48813561
those zombies look like mangled ass
and not in a good way
>>
>>48816661
In my store there is
>>
>>48816661
there's some for sale on a facebook group i'm in but it's belgian
there's actually quite a bit of unpainted bretonnia on there
>>
>>48815507
I think he was more referencing the fact that the current zombies are a bag of crap (and over 15 years old)
>>
Old player returning from WHFB here

I'm reading through the generals handbook. For the leader traits and magical artifacts, do people roll or just choose? Which is the more common practice?

Also for the points values, it says min x, Max y, and then a points value. Does that mean I can take say 30 models for that price, or do I pay per minimum?
>>
>>48817013

You can definitely just choose, should say that on the actual page itself.

You buy units in batches of their minimum unit.

Liberators are 100 each for 5, a unit of 10 would cost 200
>>
>>48817047

It said choose or roll, and one of the profiles explicitly mentioned "When you roll this trait..." I was just wondering what the more common practice was.

I figured you bought them in minimal increments, but it doesn't say anywhere that its the case.
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
>>48817092

Ahem
>>
>>48817126

I missed have missed it when I was plowing through the ONE BILLION COLORED PAGES on my phone.
>>
Which is more broken, Stonehorn at 360pts or Thundertusk at 320pts?
>>
>>48817185

Also, am I reading it right that you can shoot every turn even if you're in combat? I'm also seeing that in don't have to pile in if in don't want to?

So say I have a unit of archers in a triangular formation, and my opponent charges into the point of the triangle, he moves his unit up, can I just have my unit stay where it is, effectively preventing the amount of models he can engage?

Regardless, say I get charged, we fight, and we're still in each other's face. I don't see a tithing ore renting me from shooting my bows in the shooting phase, then attacking them in the combat phase, assuming they're still within range.

Is this correct?
>>
>>48817365

That is entirely correct. some units have rules that don't work while enemies are within 3", but yes your archers can shoot while engaged. Won't save them, believe me.

Also piling in would only be to your benefit normally but yes you can forgo it.
>>
>>48817422

>only to your benefit

I figured it would lessen the number of enemy models that would be within range of my unit.

As for shooting while engaged, I played Wood Elves, which is likely what I'd be playing now unless I went with tree people. The -3 rend feels like it would cause a lot of pain to just about anything.
>>
>>48817267
Yes
>>
Hey guys, how do I arm a unit of 20 or 30 clanrats? Thinking of getting skaven battalion box
>>
>>48817092
>I was just wondering what the more common practice was.

Choose. That way you can craft your lists to work better.
>>
>>48817267
Stonehorn. Fucking halves all wounds. Absolutely fucking disgusting
>>
>>48817515

Yeah definitely possible, but you only pile in right before you make your attacks, each unit can pile in and pile ins are done on both sides turns. So it's not a bad idea it just might end up more limited in its application.

>>48817904

Eh.

>>48817267

Thundertusks. Stonehorns are tough but once they're engaged, they don't really hit all that hard for how much they cost.

3 thundertusks on the other hand have a guaranteed 18 mortal wounds at a 26" range. Just alpha my shit up senpai
>>
>>48817872
Make sense.

>>48818057
Ah ok. I see what you're saying now.

I'm looking through the Sylvaneth units now because WE/Wanderers don't have campaign rules, and God damn they seem really solid. Drycha is a goddamn murder machine.
>>
Beastclaw scan find its way online yet? Or an epub?
>>
File: mWVi2vl.jpg (52KB, 614x446px) Image search: [Google]
mWVi2vl.jpg
52KB, 614x446px
Are there female Stormcast?
>>
What are the best Sylvaneth units for their point costs?
>>
>>48818569
Yes.
>>
>>48818072
>Drycha is a goddamn murder machine.
At first I didn't think she'd be good for her point cost, and now I basically have to exclude her from lists if there's new players around. She does so much fucking work.

>>48818643
See above. Hunters too.
>>
>>48818730
I'm legitimately considering going full Tree people after looking through their shit. One of my favorite parts of old WE was tree singing, and that is now all over the Tree people (go figure).
>>
>>48818730
Wish guys at my store were that nice. My first game was 1k where he used frosty on stonehorn, thindertusk, and mournfang
>>
>>48818854
Gave no advice, just beat the shit outa me, added a point to his season of war, told me to buy more shit (he works at store), and leaves
>>
>>48818854
>>48818886
I actually considered quitting right there (I'm just quitting pestilens on his recommendation)
>>
>>48818901
>>48818886>>48818854

Dont listen to a single amount of advice from that dick... what a complete ass
>>
>>48818886
> told me to buy more shit
Fuck that guy. He plays fucking stonehorns and thundertusks in a 1000 point game. He is an absolute douchenozzle
>>
>>48818901
I'm a beastclaw player and I think that guy's a fucking dick. There are a lot of Pestilens players in this general who can help you out. Just post a picture of a mouse or some shit and they usually come out of their holes. The faction is pretty good, if they interest you I'd advise you to keep playing them. Just because they're not obviously powerful at a glance isn't a bad thing, they're much more subtle and you'll learn to be a better player.
>>
>>48819033
I like skaven in general. I just started with pestilens because that's what GWs pushing. My GW has a battalion box still, so I may grab that. I own thanquol too.
>>
>>48819033
Yeah what this anon said. There are plenty is us here (not me I play moonclan grots) who can help you with your rats. Fuck anyone who tells you you need to buy the most current shit, you play what you love.
>>
>>48819033
>Just post a picture of a mouse or some shit and they usually come out of their holes
Who summon summon our help, yes-yes?
>>48819068
pestilens are amazing, but all clans have good units. Go with what fancies you the most.
>>
File: Sacerdote_de_Plaga_sigmaroteca.jpg (542KB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Sacerdote_de_Plaga_sigmaroteca.jpg
542KB, 1536x2000px
>>48819068

I am call-summoning the most pestilent of potentates, the greatest Clans Pestilens for your behalf. Kill-slay the beast-things, the Great Corruptor will.

>That was the best way to get them to respond.

>>48819071

My nigga.
>>
>>48819096
So how do I fix my list?

>furnace w/chaos talisman
>30 monks
>30 monks
>cong of filth
>priest with crown (no monk battleshock), and great destroyer/lord of war
>plague claw

Could switch claw for 15 censers
Could switch claw and priest for verminlord and 5 censers
>>
Do Stormcast Eternals bleed?
>>
>>48819593
See >>48818569
>>
>>48819520
Use units of 20 rats instead of 30
It looks pretty solid to me imho.
there's little in the world tht can survive a charge from 20 plague monks fully buffed.
remeber: CHARGE FIRST.
and don't charge mindlessy. your opponent can lure a bait witha bait unit and your charge would be wasted. you need to outmanouver and charge where it hurts.
>>
>>48819690
Why 20? They get rerolled charges at 20+. Also, blades or staff? And how do I out maneuver.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1200x600px
>>48819593
You will.
>>
File: 99590211012_Drazhoaththeashen01.jpg (21KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590211012_Drazhoaththeashen01.jpg
21KB, 600x620px
>Buy Drazhoath the Ashen
>Have to wash him
>Have to carefully clip and file resin cast marks
>Have to green stuff bubbles
>Have to use two part epoxy and rods instead of plastic cement
>Have to apply liberal greenstuff to mask fuckups when attaching the head

Why do we pay so much for this shit again?
>>
>>48819720
forgot the cong.
i just find really hard to move too many models.
Always blades nigga, you get to reroll all hits. staves are pure shit.
if you get a priest blessing you have 4+4+ rerollable attacks that generates mortal wound both on the attack and on defence.
to outmanouver...you must git gud.
be wary of enemies tactics. don't run with everything mindlessy against your enemy(because your rats will crumble against anything that attacks first).
Its all about waiting the best moment to charge and then crush everything on the charge.
for 1k points, its really a solid list.
how many points does cong of filth cost anyway?
>>
>>48819818
So should I use the priest or a verminlord? And how bout the claw?
>>
>>48810224
Every time I field Archaon he just dies to shooting.
>>
>>48819991
Archaon the pincushion
>>
>>48819921
both are good.
Verminlord gives +1 attack and can survive more than one round of shooting(but still sucks in melee and costs like 3 plague priests)while the priest gives you rerolls.
Its up to you actually. All pestilence units are pretty good.
i think the problem doesn't lie on the list.
i mean, if you play against beastclaw, it because their giant beast are simply overpowered, but against anything else they are pretty good.
>>
>>48820094
Ok. Yeah, the priest was killed by the thunder tusk shock got to move that extra d6+2 before its move phase. It rolled 6 and moved 8.
>>
File: Secondwithering.png (26KB, 884x309px) Image search: [Google]
Secondwithering.png
26KB, 884x309px
>>48819172
>>48819096
The Second withering is soon-quick upon us, take-weild foetid blade and spread filth across the realms

Praise the Great Corrupter

>>48819818
Heed these words. Double blades all day.

Filth congregation is 60

However i recommend the Pestient Clawpack, i have been having much success with it lately it is 80pts

The list being 1k
Lord Skrolk
1Furnace
30 monks
30 monks
20 monks

40 pts left over to score the roll on the Triumph table. rolling 6's generates double damage, and being entirely one battalion you can always go first. If needed swap Skrolk for basic priest, 60 pts spare, add 5 censers if you want.

However i really feel Censers are trash, not worth their points when 10 Monks are only 10 pts more
>>
>>48820094
cry more, meat-thing.
>>
>>48820094
But I was thinking against that shit I can go

>warlord (general)
>20 clanrats
>20 clanrats

>1 WLC
>3 stormfiends, maybe one with grinders

>15 gutter runners

Come at the bastard from all directions.
>>
>>48820166
Which artifact?
>>
>>48820190
the best defence against mortal wpounds is having as many wounds you can on the table.
And skavens are great for this, because 20 wounds per 140 points(plague monks, don't remember point value of clanrats)is a great deal.
they also hit hard, so it doesn't matter if your oopponent can shit 24 wounds in 2 turns. thats merealy a unit. you'll have charged his sorry ass by then.
>>
Why do people think AoS streamlined or simplified the game at all?

Every match ive seen is 50% shuffling through warscrolls to figure out what abilities do what, activate when, synergize with what. Every single unit having special abilities is a huge fucking disadvantage over just having USRs
>>
>>48820291
reading a dozen warscrolls is more streamlined than a several hundred page book.
>>
File: Vermalanx.png (6MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Vermalanx.png
6MB, 1536x2000px
>>48820228
I used the Talisman on my Furnace, ah but sometimes the extra wound is nice.

Taking Skrolk i lose my free second relic item as he cannot hold it, sure, but i can downgrade him to a priest.

Really all of them are kinda shit for Pestilens, when are the 'old' books getting their own Traits and Artifacts? i keep hearing rumours
>>
>>48820332
With maybe 30 pages of actual, relevant rules
>>
Have an old box of Saurus warriors, still sprue grey but assembled and on squares from ages ago. Looking at rebasing them on 32mm rounds but I'm unsure, would I be better off cutting the rail from their feet or trying to cut a channel for it in the 32's?

First option sounds easier but I'm concerned about the small contact area if I went that way.
>>
>>48820349
I am hearing rumors too. I'll try Skrolk, but the crown on the priest is good for battleshock. He isn't usually this douchey to be honest. He usually runs

>tyrant
>12 leadbelchers
>3 lead belchers
This is actually manageable compared to the beastclaw.
>>
I want to get the Gaunt Summoner from The Silver Tower and mount him on a Disk. But I cant find disk bits on ebay or any bits sites. Anyone know of a good way to either secure or make a disk of Tzeentch for my Silver tower dude.

I need 2 Gaunt Summoners for my Everchosen army and want them to be in two poses.
>>
>>48820353
That's still nearly three times as much reading.
>>
>>48820421
and maybe 100 special rules to remember as opposed to thousands now
>>
>>48820166
How does it being one battalion let me go first?
>>
File: The Everdank.png (487KB, 505x464px) Image search: [Google]
The Everdank.png
487KB, 505x464px
>>48819991
To be fair, in the kind of list this guy is running if they are shooting Archaon instead of the Bloodsecrators they are dead no matter what.

Its a nice headed list that forces choices, deal with the everchosen and the Varanguard or deal with the 6 attack blood warriors immune to battle shock.

Honestly a nice way to play Varanguard...
>>
>>48820495
6 attacks? How?
>>
>>48820458
You can set up battalion's as one single unit dorp if you wish.

Whoever sets up first gets to go first. however your opponent can counter deploy you i suppose.

Thankfully Pestilens cares not for cover and every unit should be within reach of most other units, take the first turn to run everything and plan your advance
>>
>>48820453
Weak bait m8
Before you had to remember ALL generic special rules
plus special rules of your specific army
plus artifacts and equipments
and it was all scattered in multiple books in different sections.
Now you have ALL the rules you need for each unit compressed in one page, plus 4 really easy to remember pages of actual rules(instead of 30).
>>48820291
>Every match ive seen is 50% shuffling through warscrolls to figure out what abilities do what, activate when, synergize with what.
basically people who plays for the first time without even knowing which models they brought?
you are not even describing aos players, you are describing fantasy players dealing for the first time with a new game.
>>
>>48820520
Wait, is this a written rule? He cheated me then
>>
>>48820508
2 base
2 from the two Bloodsecrators
2 from both Aspiring Deathbringer's command traits poping with Archaon
>>
>>48820591
>2 from the two Bloodsecrators
in pitched effects don't stack anymore, i think
>>
>>48820591
>Dat synergy
Christ
>>
>>48819788
Agreed. There's "hobby," and then there's "prepping the set-up of the staging of the pre-hobby event" preliminary stage.
>>
>>48810753
Damn, I would love to see this on the table. It'd be awesome. No one plays Bretonnia in my town.
>>
>>48820591
Damn, that's crazy. Didn't think the secrator ability stacked.
>>
which troggoth type should I take guys? Fellwater or sourbreath?
>>
>>48820523
>you are not even describing aos players, you are describing fantasy players dealing for the first time with a new game.

Yep. Former Fantasy player here. And this was me, "Hey, can I use this other table here to lay out my warscrolls?"
>>
>>48820607
Yeah abilities do stack unless specified in the ability.

>>48820673
>>48820611

Think of the Aspiring Deathbringers
They have 2 weapons with 3 attacks each
They get 4 attacks from the Blood Secrators
They get 4 attacks from each other
Total of 14 attacks per Deathbringer,and if the opponent has anyone flee in the battleshock phase near either of them they pile in and swing again.

Varanguard get 8 extra attacks, 4 spear thrusts and 4 horse attacks.

Slayer of Kings can on average get 6 attacks, 8 max.

Khorne does one thing right, bring on the attacks.
>>
>>48820736
Sourbreath seem great, getting a 4+ feel no pain
>>
>>48820854
Sounds pretty WAAC though.

I'd save the list for tourneys and assholes.
>>
>>48817654
Knives, use them in claw pack.
>>
File: image.jpg (694KB, 1379x889px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
694KB, 1379x889px
>>48820862
Thought as much. Thanks for the input anon.
>>
>>48817047
Fuck choosing, that caters to waac fags. We roll at my store,
>>
>>48820893
not really, you use a lot of points on heroes that sereve only a giant buffs.
Looks like a nice build to me.
>>48820854
>Yeah abilities do stack unless specified in the ability.
my bad m8. enjoy your khornite anal assault!
>>48820933
i prefer to choose. Some are too situational and utterly useless-like the -1 to hit on the first turn. useful only against heavy shooting armies, otherwise useless.
>>
>>48820933
We choose at mine, mainly because alot of us like to model our artifacts and wargear. Our destruction player has modeled his Warboss with the special brew because he always likes to choose it, its more story driven that way.
>>
>>48820523
To be fair, I've played some hardened AoS vets who had missed some pretty core details in their rules. Anecdote and all, but sometimes I find myself having to fine tooth AoS just as hard as I did FB because of things like "or higher" vs. "unmodified", order of operation shenanigans, compendium updates, etc. Overall, my games of AoS have felt more clunky BUT I think there have been significantly fewer overlooked errors.
>>
File: 20160815_221244.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_221244.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Posting my progress on my rats today sorry for poor lighting
>>
File: 20160815_221344.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_221344.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Bananar rat
>>
File: 20160815_221420.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_221420.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Rank and file,
>>
So, where are the spell lists for each army? That's one thing I haven't been able to find yet.
>>
>>48822087

So far only a few of the newer factions have their own spell list. The Allegiences book coming out soonish should have the rest
>>
>>48822119

Ah ok. Who has them then? I only known the Sylvans had them after reading up on them.
>>
>want to start age of sigmar
>Want to start tabletop wargaming after playing D&D for so long and loving the universe of warhammer
>Want to play sylvaneth
>Look luck such a pain in the ass to paint.

Looks like it's bloodbound, stormcast, or ironjawz for me.

Btw any armies out of the realm of metal? Loved balthasar gelt. Would love to see an army from there.
>>
>>48822156
Chaos Dwarves. K'dai and Hellcannons for sweet sweet demon engines.
>>
>>48822244
>Chaos Dwarves
hope the dude is rich as fuck. [spoilers]please buy the ones I have listed on eBay right now[/spoilers]
>>
>>48808727
They havent. Anon is just playing with your feelings
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 730x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 730x195px
>>48820543
From the 4 page.
>>
I think I want to get into this fucking thing, goddamnit, can anyone sell me on it and push me over the edge?
>>
It's day 2 since Seasons of War ended. Still no results?
>>
>>48822378
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed AoS. Haven't played fantasy for ~10 years, and now I have two armies in the works.
>>
>>48822420
Overwhelming Order victory on all fronts. Pretty much as expected.
>>
File: ogre army.jpg (298KB, 1103x507px) Image search: [Google]
ogre army.jpg
298KB, 1103x507px
posted earlier to no response - can anyone give me the lowdown on Ogres in AoS? Recently picked up this army because ogres look fucking awesome, but I've never looked into playing before and don't understand what they did with Ogres.
>>
>>48822444
With that campaign I'm pretty sure GW new this was going to happen.

I bet they already have shit written for Order and maybe some for Chaos in case they managed to win.
>>
>>48822444
I mean what's the fluff is going be like. They will or should write fluff about the performances of the factions in the war and the reactions of the characters. Like they did in previous campaigns.
>>
>>48822491
ogres are great, you made a good purchase.
>>
>>48820495
oh THAT'S where the slaanesh bits went for the Archaon model!
>>
>>48822491
they're big mean and their elites are good at rending and making the toughest armmors near-worthless
>>
>>48822692
>>48822927
sounds exciting, but how big of an army is needed for AoS?
>>
>>48823030
if it's like that picture, you'll be good for a decently sized army. Check the OP for the general's handbook if you want to use the points based system. Otherwise you can pretty much take that stuff and play an open game with no worries.
>>
>>48821261
The miniature looks weird to me without the flag at the top. The flame at the top could use some gradient/blending/wash with a lighter color to make it look better. Remember that flames glow from in to out, so a lighter wash would create that effect, since it sinks into the recesses. I'd add a black/ grey at the tips of the flame to create the smoke.

The colors look good, i'd work on the metals a little bit.
>>
>>48823030
What you have here >>48822491 is more than enough to play.
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1000x1000px
>>48822508
In a few days they said.
>>
File: 1471330730531-1306657841.jpg (3MB, 5312x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1471330730531-1306657841.jpg
3MB, 5312x2992px
>>48823117
Here's what I mean
>>
>>48822136
So far, only the post-matched-play factions. Sylvaneth and Bonesplitterz. Beastclaw didn't get spells since they have no magic of their own. I wish Ironjawz and Flesh Eaters got their own spells too though. Big waaghy appendages smashing enemies and probably more ghoul buffing/summoning would be good. Be on the lookout for old WHFB spells returning as well, a few popped up in the Sylvaneth book.
>>
>>48823030
>>48822491
>>48822692

Might be worthwhile to split up the bulls into 2/3 smaller units. Did some quick calculations:

Tyrant 1 160

Butcher 1 140

Ogors 6 240

Ogors 6 240

Icefall Yhetees 3 120

Mournfang Pack 4 400

Leadbelchers 3 160

Should net you 1460 points which is very decent
>>
>>48823151
Between 1-10, how mad is Archaon more the defeat in Ghyran?
>>
>>48823147
>>48823051
cool thanks, do you recommend buying the Destruction book that accompanies Ogres nowadays?

>>48823228
great, I was worried I'd have to paint up some of the others the army came with that weren't painted and I was planning on selling
>>
>>48823243
I'd only buy the book if you are deadset on having the warscrolls on paper. Otherwise the apps works just as good.

Do you have any way to add painted miniatures to this collection?
>>
File: everexpensive.jpg (881KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
everexpensive.jpg
881KB, 2448x3264px
>>48823234
about 1/3 of his rage meter if you trust what Dorgar spouts about these days
>>
>>48823243
>cool thanks, do you recommend buying the Destruction book that accompanies Ogres nowadays?
No. It would seems that the Grand Alliance books will be remade in a reasonable amount of time, with Artifacts, BattleTraits and Command Traits.
Rumour can be false, but since you don't really need that book to play it may be worth to just use the app.

General's Handbook on the other hand may be a solid purchase. It got the points, the missions, scenarios and other stuff. Also the actual rules re-printed in the back, which is always nice to have.
Even there, not necessary to play but nice to have. You can just pick the few scans you need for Destruction from that book without buying the whole thing.
>>
>>48823289
Nah not really, I bought this army because I wanted a nice looking AoS/fantasy army without putting in the time, so I could focus on 40k/Necromunda/other things. I figured I'd consider buying painted additions to it if I find good deals on some that look nice

>>48823361
That sounds like a better idea, I'll look into that. Checked it out a bit because someone said to look through it.
>>
>>48823392
If oyu can find the original painter you could ask if he could do a Stonehorn or something like that. Would finish the army up nicely. You don't need much to hit that 2000 pt sweet spot which will allow you to play small, mid and large scale battles (imo, 2500+ is a bit much, battles take too long)
>>
>>48823307
It really should have just been a plain old dragon head.
That Nurgle head clashes with the others too much.
>>
>>48823481
as much as the lack of a slaanesh head still bugs me, you do have a point on that
>>
>>48823183

Ah ok. Idk even know what books they were in. Vinyl that they existed. I did see regrowth and throne on the list.
>>
>>48814706
Yeah same here I play brets cause knights are cool but whenever I play to win its basically that peasant formation I use
>>
>>48820933
Only virgins insist on rolling for it
>>
>>48822156
Sylvaneth are probably the easiest to paint.

Base > wash > drybrush done
>>
>>48818886
Buy more shit online.
Get better army. Get better at playing.
Crush him completely. Tell him, "Thanks for suggesting I buy more stuff. I got a great deal online!"
>>
>>48819788
FW is basically the GW of "Master Series" models from other scale miniature manufacturers: high skill kits with higher levels of detail at a premium price.

In short, they're more for people who really enjoy the modeling aspect more than just the game.
>>
File: 200000% MAD.gif (4MB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
200000% MAD.gif
4MB, 500x746px
>>48823234
>>
Who's cheesing the most AOSG? perhaps it was good rolling but i saw Gordrakk hack apart Allariel in one round of combat?
>>
>>48820404

Use the tzeentch icon from the chaos warshrine? Use a screamer?
>>
File: 5593265ebe8d9.jpg (579KB, 2334x2692px) Image search: [Google]
5593265ebe8d9.jpg
579KB, 2334x2692px
>>48817013
>>48817047
>>48820933
>>48823693
If your characters have the artifact on the models and/or you have a backstory for it, you can choose it.
Otherwise you roll it.

Yes, it say "ideally" like it's an option, but that's only because little WAAC faggots can't handle the idea of having to actually having to paint and convert.

Play like a man. Create your characters or roll.
>>
>>48823807
Why do you think anyone has to follow your rules?

No one cares what you think. You decide before the fight if you and your opponent are rolling or picking. That's it.

Also pics on these models with these artifacts cause I call complete bullshit.
>>
>>48823807
You do know that you are just the other side of the -no fun allowed medal- right?

And seconding those pics, faggot
>>
>>48820382
Cut off the rails, it'll also open up more ways for basing your models (say you want one on rocks or something).
>>
>>48823768
>Who's cheesing the most AOSG
The cute and adorable Maw-krusha with battlebrew?
>>
File: WP_20160816_10_31_19_Pro.jpg (945KB, 2660x1356px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160816_10_31_19_Pro.jpg
945KB, 2660x1356px
>>48823847
>>48823863
These are not my rules.

The ability to choose you own artifact and battletraits is a little nice bonus for people that actually care about their characters, and spend time giving them a name, a story, and time and energy painting and converting.
You know, the hobby.

If you don't even have a name for your character and it's not painted, you roll.

Of course you can ignore it, like everything here it's optional. But that makes you a faggot.
This is suppose to be a little reward for people that actually wants to have fun with the hobby, it doesn't belong to you waac faggots.
>>
>>48823938
Keyword is ideally, idiot. It's a recommendation.

I have a name for my character, and oh I'll just paint the helm of my character gold. Voila now it's a crown of command. Oh and I'd like to know all the various requisites for something to be a certain artifact? Please do let me know your strict rules since you hate fun so that will get you off.

Calling everyone a WAAC faggot and saying we should get out of the hobby is completly opposite of the spirit of the GHB so good luck with that. Faggot.
>>
>>48819788

A great many people see this as part of the hobby. To clean and assemble a model to near perfection will lay the foundation of a better end result after painting is done.
>>
>>48823576
And Dwellers Below, luckily much nerfed.
>>
>>48823991
And I guess people don't mind on a 10-20 euro mini. But Forge World is crazy expensive so people might expect a little bit more.

Citadel miniatures have never given me any trouble and you can assemble them with just glue, clippers and a knife to cleanup mould lines.

The new plastic citadel stuff has always been relatively easy to assemble.
>>
Rules question about the Gore-grunta charge.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the rules for a charge is to simply to pick a target within 12", and roll for distance and engage ANY unit within the distance that you rolled without breaking coherency. You move your first model, and if he ends up within 1/2 of an enemy unit, you have made a successful charge. No need to actually go straight for your intended target though.

Now, the Gore-grunta charge states that you, during the "pick a target" step of the charge phase, measure the distance to the closest enemy unit, if its less than 8" you don't get a damage bonus.

So, if I where to charge unit A, with a 10" charge, but during the step for "pick a target", there is an enemy unit within 6" of my unit of Gruntas, I wont benefit from the damage bonus even though I successfully charged longer than 8", correct? I'm talking strictly RAW here, so I don't need any stupid "well I think they meant", or "well, thats like your opinion man...".

In short, is this how the rule work? Because then its way more shit than I initially thought it was.
>>
>>48823972
>It's a recommendation.
Exactly. Like I said you can ignore it, but you are hurting the spirit of the game.

Like the fact that equipment doesn't have a cost.

This is a game for hobbyists; people who wants to build and paint cool stuff, and gives you little nice things as a rewards in game.

>I have a name for my character, and oh I'll just paint the helm of my character gold
>your strict rules
There are no strict rules. You can do what the hell you wants, the important thing is that it looks cool.
You can certainly paint an helm gold and call it a crown of command. You can do the same by saying the dude with a spear is really the banner because you don't have the model. But that makes you twice as worst of a person, because you are now mocking the people that cares.

Is it really so hard to be a gentlemen and renounce to proxies?
So what? You don't have a model ready. You don't get a little bonus in game (big fucking deal), but you can go home and now you have a reason to finish painting it. This is an incentive to do stuff, spend your time for making them look cool. Meanwhile you give them a good story, which is awesome when you then start doing campaigns.
It's good for the hobby.

You sound like 40k players to me.
You need to have everything right now, and have every help possible, ignoring the spirit of the game.
>>
>>48824052

Don't be so fucking pedantic. If the unit they charge is over 8" away you get the bonus
>>
>>48807815
age of sigmar more like age of sigMEH
>>
File: dubwub.gif (748KB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
dubwub.gif
748KB, 380x280px
>>48824000

True. Still seems good, though.

So, I'm at an impasse here. I have a ton of wood elves, like probably 40-50 archers, 10ish converted way watchers (hooded glade guard posed with a pair of swords and a bow), 10 or so converted Wild Riders, 3 metal Way Watchers, 3 War Hawks, an eagle, a spell Weaver, theord with sword and spear (oop now I think), and the horned lord with a bird. That's just elves.

I have a crapload of Dryads and some converted treekin from Dryads, as well as a Lord of Change without any wings that in was using for a tree man after I stuck some wood stuff on him.

I used to love my elves because of the tricks I could pull. I loved being super mobile archers with crazy strong bows that played MSU in a world of blocks of 50 models. They don't look like they have that feel anymore, so idk how I feel about them.

Meanwhile, Sylvenath has a bunch of things I used to love, like Tree Singing, and they look like they have tons of tricks up their sleeve with woods dickery.

What should I do?
>>
>>48824052

You cannot honestly think thats how it works, even as raw.
>>
>>48824052
No this is not how the rule work. Because you are way more shit than I initially thought you were.
>>
>>48824132

>This is my opinion, everyone, listen to me and my way of ruling!

No, this is not how the game works, and why 40k is in such a shitty state that it is. The rule promptly state, measure the distance to the CLOSEST unit, not the unit you pick as a charge target. Because then I could be a dick and claim "hey, I pick a unit thats 10" away, but I roll a 4" on the charge, and still engage a unit that was within that distance rolled. Now I want my charge bonus, because my initial target was more than 8" away.... "
It doesn't work when you use home made rules outside your own home. I get it if it works for you and your small crowd, but you don't get to apply it on a bigger scene.

Come on guys, we only have but 4 pages of rules to follow here, is that still to hard for some people?
>>
File: 1470473730740.png (4MB, 2500x716px) Image search: [Google]
1470473730740.png
4MB, 2500x716px
has the everwinter.epub passed ogre here yet?
>>
>>48824143

But this is RAW. What you, and the rest here have so far explained, is pure RAI.

As mentioned before, we got 4 pages of rules, is that still to hard to follow?
>>
>>48823938
retarded , half the abilities don't even have a way to shown on the model

at my store we just roll a dice to see if we get to choose or if it's random

personally i like random because we aren't playing a story driven campaign and i'm sure the only reason you want that 5++ on your death is for fluff reasons ))))))))))))))

when you choose you always pick the most optimized shit , it's annoying
>>
File: image.png (518KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
518KB, 750x1334px
>>48824140
Play both? Mix it up a bit? Could easily fluff it as a group of Wanderers who heeded the call and went to the aid of Alarielle in the War of Life. Treekin are still good, or so I hear. The rest of your elf list is certainly viable, and don't forget your banner bearers give you extra bravery when in cover - and Slyvaneth wood spam is good for building cover! Even split in two, the armies still kinda synergize. Just watch out for orruks and their pic related.
>>
>>48824176

Thats fine buddy, be that guy, you'd be instantly blacklisted in my lgs, here's your

You're one of those cunts that would try to claim a few years back that terminators did not come with terminator armor.

(you)
>>
>>48824178
>when you choose you always pick the most optimized shit , it's annoying
Then don't.

This is a game that had no point cost until a while ago, for fuck sake!

If you really have to roll for that reason, I understand and I'm sorry for you.
You clearly have the wrong type of players.
>>
>>48824165
>Come on guys, we only have but 4 pages of rules to follow here, is that still to hard for some people?
>>48824176
>As mentioned before, we got 4 pages of rules, is that still to hard to follow?

As I read this BS I asked myself the same.
Do you realize that there is no 'initial charge unit"?!

>Any of your units within 12" of the enemy
in your charge phase can make a charge
move. Pick an eligible unit and roll two
dice.
>Pick an eligible unit and roll two
dice.

You have to choose a unit that can CHARGE, not a unit that can BE CHARGED.
"the eligible unit" references of course the limitation in the first sentence.

So you pick a unit, roll 2d6 and then pick a target you want to charge.

God damn we got four pages of rules, is that still to hard to follow?
>>
>>48824090
How about you show some of your models? And I don't proxy stuff, I think an ornate helmet on my Skaven Warlord painted gold satisfies the idea that it's a crown.

You are the one hurting the spirit of the game, since you argue semantics instead just letting people have fun with it. In a previous battle I asked my opponent what he preffered. Rolling for traits/artifacts or choosing them. He liked choosing so that's what we did.

Of course I did choose the most powerfull one for my Skaven army which was the crown of conquest.

There is also a difference between proxying something that is easily available like a standard and making a very specific magic item. And looking over the book, most of them are quite generic so it just seems overly pedantic to get hung up on that. Deciding with your opponent on what to do is more in line with the spirit of the book then your approach.

Oh and let's jump in RAW:
>Declare which HEROhas the artefact after picking your general and then pick which artefact the HERO has.
Full stop, done. The rules just say that you can pick.

>Ideally the artefact should fit the appereance of the model, or the heroic backstory that you have given them.
It should 'fit' the character, meaning that it should make sense for the character to use an item like that. It doesn't say, If the artefact is not sculpted to precision on your mini then roll on the table since you are a WAAC faggot.

Then the next part:
>Alternatively, roll a dice and look up the roll on the table below to reandomly select one.

Reading this like an adult, there are 2 choices. Either pick your artefact, with the ADVICE that it makes sense for your hero. Or roll on the table below.

And this is my interpretation, which is echoed in the entire book, as long as you agree with your opponent what is more FUN.

The whole book talks about doing stuff that makes sense for your group. As long as you're consistent with your group neither is better.
>>
>>48824172
Yes.
>>
>>48824204
nah they're great players and lots of fun to play
no one is going to pick two melee skills on his support general though
when you roll for it that can happen which leads to fun unexpected moments and games
like my+1 attack +1 damage general charging a vamp with zombie dragon , doing 9 damage and saving the game for me
>>
File: WP_20160816_11_41_50_Pro[1].jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160816_11_41_50_Pro[1].jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>48824222
Stop fucking say that your idea is more fun because it's fucking not.

You just want the upgrade you want and that's it.

I argue semantic? I said more than once that I see that it's an advice.
And that advice is gold.

>RAW
Whos the semantic one now?

I am arguing that a some gentlemen restrictions in game makes all the hobby part more FUN.

>How about you show some of your models?
There, are you fucking happy? I have yet to finish it.
I used a naked KoS, rolling the traits until now, but we're making a campaign next month and I'll have this bad boy ready for then.

I took out all the boobs on the steed (took me a while, this thing is all metal) and make this little chain and pendants. They are the Beguiling Gem, which I find fitting with the Slaaneshi theme. Are they the best one? No, i picked the one i think fit the most and I'm happy that from now on I won't have to roll using him.
It's a nice little reward for the effort.

>And I don't proxy stuff, I think an ornate helmet on my Skaven Warlord painted gold satisfies the idea that it's a crown.
Good for you.
>>
>>48824398
Resize your image, and make sure it's the right orientation, newfag.

I'm not arguing that one thing is more fun then the other. I don't mind either choosing or rolling. I do think that doing something that both parties agreed to is more fun.

You do understand that RAW is the opposite of semantics right? Since semantics is about interpretation, ergo RAI.
>>
>>48824398
You gave it a breastoctamy...you monster
>>
>>48824185

Hrm. I figured splitting would be bad because neither army directly helps one another anymore, and Sylvaneth woods can in fact actively hurt others.
>>
>>48823234
Headbutted by Grimgor/10
>>
>>48823807
Lmao only the kids who came last at sports day complain about waac get a life
>>
>>48824398
And what makes you think your way is the gentlemanly way to play?

I think allowing your opponent a simple upgrade is a lot more gentlemanly than outright denying it.
>>
>>48823938
>alternatively

>ideally

>backstory (so doesn't even have to be modelled in the ALTERNATE rules)
>>
>>48824448
>Resize your image, and make sure it's the right orientation, newfag.
Don't confuse someone who doesn't know how to do it from someone who doesn't care.

I'm not gonna take out the camera for you. You get the photo from the cellphone.
If you want the good photos you'll find them on wip.

>I do think that doing something that both parties agreed to is more fun.
And I'm saying that your party should agree on my version, like my party did, because is the most fun on long terms.

We play together, have painting nights together, write ideas for campaigns and play them with the DM and stuff.
Those things are absolutely fun, but you got to have some gentlemen's agreements, otherwise it simply doesn't work.

>>48824452
Yeah, but I already have plenty of those models, and they have no variations between them. This one took one for the team.
>>
>>48820404
(On the off chance you're still around.) The burning chariot kit has a lot of versatility if you don't actually build a burning chariot. You can get a disk for your gaunt summoner, a herald of tzeentch also on a disk, and some other stuff. So, anyone that's done that and mounted a herald on disk may have enough bits left to make another disk.

tl;dr try searching for burning chariot bits.
>>
>>48824221

Granted you showed me I had misinterpreted the rule, it was of little impact to the game, as we still played it exactly as the rules described part from getting "eligible unit" not being friendly (so the rule, but in reverse).

But I thank you for brining this to my attention, as I really like to follow the rule in a game that constantly get criticized for lacking any form of strategy. My claim is that, if you chose to play by the damn rules, you get exactly that, strategy!

But, on to the real reason of my answer, in your cherry picking, you failed to address the initial question at hand. And as you seem like a guy who has the rules straight, which one is it?

I still claim that the Gore-grunta charge rule, speaks plainly enough. You, when picking a target unit (friendly this time), you pick a unit of pigs, then measure to the CLOSEST ENEMY UNIT, regarding if your about to charge that unit or not, and if its under 8"", you don't get the charge bonus. Am I wrong in this by RAW?
>>
>>48818072
>Drycha is a goddamn murder machine.

Yes but that can sometimes include your own guys too. She's a hilarious suicide unit though.
>>
>>48824521
Yet you are here, in AoS, the game that have points only because you children cried everyday for a year.

Maybe, just maybe, this is not meant to be a competitive sport. Maybe is about creating a narrative, the stories, the characters and memorable moments.

Maybe if I ask you the name of your army, which is the name of the leader and what are they doing, maybe if you don't know then you don't belong here.

Maybe if rolling an artifact instead of chosing it hurts you, you belong to other more competitive stuff.
>>
>>48818780
Do it.

I ditched my Dark Elves and I'm really enjoying Sylvaneth
>>
>>48824494
At least he isn't beheaded by the Slayer of King/10.
>>
>>48823706
Confirmed
>>
>>48824567

Realizing I'm answering to my own post here. But I just wanted to ad that, don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to just be able to pick a target unit of pigs, roll 2 dice and if the result is greater than 8, you get a bonus.
My piglets would rock the field, no doubt, but the rules are against it. I'm totally fine if players play it this way in their own little group, but on a larger scene, you cant pick and chose which house-rules are in effect, you need to be able to play it by the rules without turning in to a player with "man-baby complex" saying "I wont play you unless you do X".
>>
>>48824599

>The game has points because you children cried everyday for a year.

This is so true! I don't even think the creators of this game wanted points to begin with. But then the marketing division was like "well, it will increase sales!", and they had to give in.
>>
>>48824470
Hmm. Didn't think of the wood's damage effect. Pure Sylvaneth/Wanderers might be best then. At least with Sylvaneth allegiance you get to pick better items.
>>
>>48824650
We'll never know for sure.

Points are not inheritable bad. It's definitely easier to call a friend and say "Hey, bring 1500 pt" than to agree on everything.

I don't think AoS would have survived without them, but I fear people will forget what the game was intended for soon enough.
>>
>>48824090
>Exactly. Like I said you can ignore it, but you are hurting the spirit of the game.
What, and you're not? Who are you to tell everyone "if you're not doing it my way you're doing it wrong!"

Fuck that with a rusty iron pick. What about new players who aren't comfortable converting yet? Are you going to chase them away from the game telling them they're "hurting the spirit of the game?"

The 'spirit of the game' is to have fun building, painting and playing with your little plastic models. That's it. How you do it doesn't matter, the entire point of Age of Sigmar's loose ruleset is to have fun your way.
>>
>>48824722
I think it is madness to expect that the successor to WHFB wouldn't end up inheriting most of that game's framework and attitudes.
>>
>>48824052
>In short, is this how the rule work? Because then its way more shit than I initially thought it was.
Yeah, it does. Careful Gore Grunta positioning is key to optimizing them.

But that's not a bad thing. It merely means you have to use your brain when moving them. Tactics and all that.
>>
>>48824599
>Yet you are here, in AoS, the game that have points only because you children cried everyday for a year.
And here you are, crying pedantically that a rule you interpret in one specific way is the only way it should be followed or you're doing it wrong.

You're not at all as different from us as you claim to be.
>>
>>48824546
I thought you were the gentlemen here? It's not about good photos, it's about courtesy.

>Forcing people do things my way IS MORE FUN AND FOR GENTLEMEN.

well then you are lost Anakin
>>
>>48824759
>What about new players who aren't comfortable converting yet?
You don't make them play pitched games, of course!
You teach them to paint, the lore, and make them play custom scenarios with you and your friends.

Pitched games are a type of organized play, they are meant to tournaments and for people with experience.

This is not 40k people, points are not the main way to play.
>>
>>48824599
I think forging a narrative is much more interesting in a competive enviroment. Where you are not just following the railsroads of the campaign, but where every battle is an exciting new twist for the plot.

Tools that help you balance battles are good news for narrative play as well.
>>
>>48824617
Yeah, Archaon should kill himself before his arms falls off.
>>
>>48824831
So hath spoken the dictator of fun and gentlemenyness. All hail Lord ChockesonDick!
>>
>>48823117
Flag is there, poor angle and light
>>
>>48823158
That's a conversion bud>>48823158
>>48823158
>>
>>48824831
>You don't make them play pitched games, of course!
You say "make" as if they don't want to do so themselves. There's a book, it has cool rules, you're saying they're not allowed to use those rules the way they want to because they're new?

Again, the spirit of the game you keep crying about is to have fun the way you want to. If people want to pick a weapon rather than roll for it without having to re-customize their miniature or lore every time they want to switch things up, that's entirely keeping with the spirit of the game.

You, on the other hand, are claiming there's only one way to do so.
>>
New thread
>>48825078
>>48825078
>>48825078
>>
>>48825095
>>48825095
>>48825095

New thread guys
>>
>>48824255
I don't see it in the pastebin boss
>>
>>48824090
you sound like a no-fun allowed faggot.
>>
>>48816142
>Tfw taking Savage Orc arrow spam to NOVA
>not even going to paint them
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.