[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a bad character portrait? Would any of these do, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 594.jpg (306KB, 1600x907px) Image search: [Google]
594.jpg
306KB, 1600x907px
What makes a bad character portrait?
Would any of these do, or are they too normal.
>>
>>48813340
If the entirety of the character portrait can fit in a paragraph, why even have one.
>>
>>48813340
Cliched is bad, but that's more your fault then the character portrait. I guess the only things that would make the portrait bad are if it's not a portrait or the image is just low quality. Everything else is the fault of your character. Overall, a character portrait should show the tone, appearance above the shoulders, and some of the clothes of the character.

>>48814063
There's more genetic diversity inside Africa then the rest of the world combined. I assume it's taking that into account.
>>
>>48814083
What the fuck does that mean
>>
>>48814192
If you can describe your character in words in the space a portrait would take up on a character sheet, don't bother with the portrait.

Or, at least, I assume.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>48814063
Because it's 2016.
>>
>>48814175
Implying diversity=good.

Fucking cuck.
>>
>>48814245
I never implied that. I just assume the image is meant to illustrate as many different distinct ethnicities as possible. Which, of course, would take into account how many there are in Africa.

Doing a quick search, it's from a French project designed to illustrate different ethnicities and what is considered beautiful within those ethnicities. S
>>
>>48813340
They all look fine to me, some of them are pretty intense to boot.
>>
File: being-john-malkovich.jpg (602KB, 1000x958px) Image search: [Google]
being-john-malkovich.jpg
602KB, 1000x958px
>>48813340
>Are they too normal
Anon, please. Get on my level.
>>
>>48814063

It must be a very scary world for you.
>>
>>48814520
>beautiful within those ethnicities
I guess reading gets hard if your brain stops working everytime you see a nig.
>>
A bad character portrait would be something that doesn't squarely show their face, instead showing a slanted profile or something from the back.
>>
>>48816857
a mug shot is just as bad in its own way
>>
>>48818460
A mugshot is perfectly fine in a lot of settings, though. Shadowrun, for example.
>>
>>48820011
Would a wanted poster make a good character portrait? It would show what they look like, their name, and have a general description of them.
>>
>>48820098
I used a few. I like portraits that fit with the game's tone, like wanted posters, oil paintings, mugshots, license photos, and so on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.