[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1022: Ministry of Silly Walks Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 443
Thread images: 49

File: Jumpchain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jumpchain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48798178
>>
>>48805681
Wait, so does this Ministry enforce silly walks? If so, where can I sign up?
>>
Just in case no one saw it the first time I posted it...

God of War Jump 037:
CP: 1000
Drawback:
Boxed In [+300]
Background: Drop-In [Free]
Perks:
Epic Poem [Free]
Scowl of Sparta [Free]
Deft Hands [Free]
Puzzled Sensing [-100]
Gift of Hope [-300]
Titan's Blood [-500]
Gear:
Olympian Demesne [-50]
Guard of the Lion [Free]

Custom Weapon [500]
Forged by the Gods [Free]
Trying Something New (Stygian Iron .45 Longslide) [-50]
Master [-200]
Cursed [-200]
Eternal [-50]

Beginning of a Legend [-200]
(___) (Divinity) [300]
Perks:
Resplendent Form [Free]
Empathic Environment [-300]
Items:
Eyes of Thunder [Free]

Silica (Peasent) [300]
Perks:
Steady Weather [Free]
Forge of Souls [-300]
Items:
Schematics of the Genius [Free]

Gauntlet's Symbiote (Divinity) [300]
Perks:
Resplendent Monument [Free]
Items:
Eyes of Thunder [Free]

(___)'s Symbiote (Divinity) [300]
Perks:
Resplendent Monument [Free]
Items:
Eyes of Thunder [Free]

AFG: Airfield Princess () [300]
Perks:
Items:

DFG: Max Schultz (Spartan) [300]
Perks:
Fire-Forged Friends [Free]
Blood Feeding [-300]
Items:
Helm of the Underworld [Free]

DFG: Fletcher (Spartan) [300]
Perks:
Fire-Forged Friends [Free]
Blood Feeding [-300]
Items:
Helm of the Underworld [Free]

The Marked Ninja (Monster) [300]
Perks:
Monstrous Weapons [Free]
Divine Beast [-300]
Items:
Coin of the Messenger [Free]

So, the world around me and (___) is now slightly effected by the Symbiotes and they can drop tactical statues of their alien shapes down to give out tips and also, in the case of my own Symbiote, shout lengthy litanies of Correspondence at people, which is hilarious.
Yo, /JC, where to next?
>>
>>48805754
Enjoy not being able to use any of your shit because of a worthless jump.
>>
>>48805754
Since it just came out, why not Boktai?
>>
>>48805801
That logic makes at least 25% of Jumps worthless.
>>
>>48805824
>>48805825
Stop fucking feeding it you idiots.
Stop giving in to the asshole.
REPORT. AND. IGNORE.
How fucking hard is that to comprehend?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>48805803
Sure!
>>
File: 1340283-bigthumbnail.jpg (192KB, 450x446px) Image search: [Google]
1340283-bigthumbnail.jpg
192KB, 450x446px
>>48799237

Jump # 27 King Arthur – Nasuverse
Background: Knight (100)
Perks:
*Half Blood (400)
*Combat Skills (0)
*Prince Charming (100, Discount)
*Morning Hope (200, Discount)
*Dragon Soul (300)
*Magic (400)
*Party Call (100)

Equipment
*Standard weapon (0)
*Armor (0)
*Jumper Castle (200)

Drawbacks:
*Musical (+0)
*The French (+100)
*The Knight (+200)
*Excalibur (+300)
*Dragon’s Bride (+300)

Companions:

Akitsu
Background: Knight
Perks:
*Combat Skills
*Prince Charming
*Malficium
Equipment
*Standard Weapon
*Armor

Arcuied
Background: Drop In
*Natural Disease Immunity
*Half Breed- Fae
*Quest for Adventure
Equipment:
*Book of Arthurian Legends

Adam Jensen
Background: Knight
Perks:
*Combat Skills
*Dragon Soul
Equipment
*Standard Weapon
*Armor

Snowflame
Background: Clergy
*Knowledge
*Alchemy
*Sword Plant
Equipment

Tomamo No Mae
Background: Clergy
Perks:
*Knowledge
*Alchemy
*Prince Charming

Sans
Background: Peasant
Perks:
*Peasant Skills
*Sword Plant
*Knowledge
*Alchemy
Equipment
*Sack of Gold
>>
>>48803098
You try to fight Crowney in Raildex, he's all boastful and shit and you summon JOHN CENA!

HE'S GOING TO GET IN JUMP AND BRING BOOTS TO ASSES! THIS WEEKEND! WWE! SUUUUUUUUUUPER SLAAAAAAAAM!
>>
>>48805878
So I found myself a knight amidst a strange version of Arthurian legend. Somehow early in my journeys I had found a sister sword to Excalibur unfortunately it had the personality of something made by Zelritch… it even sounded like Kohaku from Tsukihime.
So I got dragged along from humiliating adventure to humiliating adventure. Somehow I also wound up with a Dragon that sought me as his bride. I agreed… If he could get my sword to allow him to wield it within a months time.
The very next week the sword was returned to me with an apology, It appears even my hand was not enough compensation for putting up with the sword. I didn’t mind though It gave me a break of a week from the damn thing.
On one of the 1000 favors for the damnable sword I actually had to play a prank on an old man… who I didn’t know was Merlin in disguise. At first he was displeased and I thought I was going to end up cursed. Then the sword spoke up and they became fast friends. So I knew I was going to get cursed.
So Merlin was ever so helpful with further suggestions for adventures… and a few incidences that shall never be spoken of again. Never.
As my time in the world ended I made a special request of my patron. We paused my leaving the world for a moment.
I stuffed the damn sword in to a specially made rocket and fired the damn thing in to space. I was kind enough to aim for the moon instead of the sun which was my first instinct.
>>
>>48805880
Better. Gurren Lagann Endgame. Anti-Spiral comes and tries to kill you off before you can rescue Simon and Nia and then suddenly he's interrupted by JOHN CENA!
Wait, shit, now I suddenly got a mental image of him interrupting Alma's spookiness with his shenanigans and her utterly confused reaction. Just her sort of staring and wondering what the hell just happened. And then rather then him taking her out for a week, she just sits in a corner for a week trying to process it instead.
>>
>>48805905
If only it were Hulk Hogan. Out of nowhere with the leg drop.
>>
>>48805952
Summon him against Cthulhu and he would be like "I'm not ready to rustle THESE pythons"
>>
Is it possible to commit acts of violence in the Warehouse?
Are there any add-ons or buildings I can be where it's impossible to commit an act of violence, or hurt another being, even passively.

I want to be able to parley with high power, unstable individuals without them destroying me for daring to speak candidly.
>>
>>48806143
It is perfectly possible to commit acts of violence in warehouse.

You seen Lex Luthor vs Iron man? It would be like that
>>
>>48806143
Undertale has a perk where as long as you're selling them something you can't be attacked, but that's not quite what you're looking for.
Maybe use that one perk from medaka box?
>>
>>48806188
>You seen Lex Luthor vs Iron man? It would be like that
That would be a little amusing, but mostly piss me off. Thanks.

>>48806213
Real Eater? Might work.
>>
>>48806188
Lex Luthor vs Iron Man?

Shit, I would pay good money to watch that movie. Give me Kevin Spacey going up against RDJ. That could be the best fucking thing ever.

... fuck, we need a DC vs Marvel jump.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand Jump 038:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Cross Battle! [+0]
IT’S HOT! [+100]
What Does That Even Mean? [+100]
More Walking [+100]
A Pale Moon [+200]
Frail and Foolish [+200]
The Treadmill [+0]
Origin: Solar Child [-100]
Perks:
My Will, My Way [-600]
TAIYOOOH! [Free]
Put Your Back Into It! [Free]
Our Sun [-600]
From Darkness [-100]
Mysterious Wanderer Jumper [Free]
Lunar Blood [-500]
Hybrid [Free]
Arsenal:
Jump Del Sol [Free]
Old Friends (.45 Longslide) [Free]
Modular Weapon (Upgrade) [-300]
Lens: Sol [Free]
Battery: Hollow (Dark & Sol Fusion) [-200]
Frame: Phantom [-100]
Monstrous Powers:
A Blood Moon Rises [-400]
Half-Vampire [-500]
Items:
Scarf of Courage [Free]
Neat Goggles [Free]
Pile Driver [Free]
Dark Loans Advance Card: Jumper Edition! [+200]

Finally I'm done, also off that fucking treadmill! I think I may develop a complex about the damned things after this. Seriously.

Biggest event here was me Reverse Engineering the Pile Driver, seriously the teleportation tech on this thing is worth it alone.
Other than that me and my brothers played our part in the plot.
>>
>>48805681

Okay, version 1.0 is here.

I would have finished a few days ago, but I forgot how tedious typing everything out can be.

Anyways, feedback, suggestions, balance and all that.
>>
How would one steal, copy or absorb an Exaltation from someone else? Or, if that's totally impossible, how does one just remove and/or destroy someone else's Exaltation?
>>
>GUNNM Imaginaos body
>absorb Blame megastructure
>import as a spaceship somewhere
>import megastructure-spaceship as a mech in Macross
>Light of Terra penis envy formula: 62 AU diameter + 200% from Experimental ACU in Supreme Commander, +125% from Five Star Stories, and +50% from FFXIV Scenario.

Baller.
>>
>>48806426
In canon, I believe it's not possible...only because the people in charge of that particular exaltation (US for Solars, Luna for Lunars, Maidens for Sidereals etc etc) prevent it. So if you're stronger then them you probably could figure a way to steal it. And as usual jump fiat conquers all but I've got no idea of any perks that'd work the way they'd need to. I guess maybe if you found a way to get to the exaltation instead of just the exalted person?
>>
>>48806444
>import megastructure-spaceship as a mech in Macross
Nah get fucked. If it's bigger then 30 meters you're banned from importing it.
>>
>>48806457
>you can import a mech who's default height is up to 30 meters tall (with an additional 50CP for every 10 meters above this limit)
>an additional 50CP for every 10 meters above this limit
Mind you he still can't due to the cp cost being above 4.63x10^13
>>
>>48806426
I don't know about stealing them, but the Realm managed to contain the Solar Exaltation's for years and years in the Jade Prison, so there is precedence for that. I think if you had the tools that the Sidereals locked away, alongside the God of Exaltation, you could cleanse the Exaltation of its past life and if you were the most heroic around it might activate but you'd still have to have no other Exaltation.

An Infernal who'd gone full Devil-Tiger of Ebon Dragon and Maliphas, with a theme of Usurper might be able to do it but even then Autobot builds fucking crazy levels of complex redundancies into his systems just as an afterthought, he's basically the living reality marble of MAD SCIENCE!

White Wolf has a system where you can't mix systems for a reason. Lunar quackery, and the various other mirrors, aside they keep their peas and their carrots separate most of the time. WoD has the Template system, none of which can stack that I know of, and the Exalted world has the various Exaltations which aren't able to mix, if you have one you are instantly banned from the others.

This is all something that the Jumpchain may or may not get around. I don't know if Jump-chan is granting you the ability to stack Templates and Exaltations, I'm not in your Jump.
>>
>>48806522
>WoD has the Template system, none of which can stack that I know of
Samuel Haight the mage werewolf ashtray says hello
>>
>>48806530
He is out and about in our current campaign, skinning werewolves for their pelts.
>>
>>48806555
I'm so sorry you have to put up with that.
>>
File: Empty Spaces.jpg (584KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Empty Spaces.jpg
584KB, 2560x1440px
>>48806530
And in an Phil Brucato said that Haight was a joke character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB-lm61dxxU
Here you go.
But hey, if that's how you roll I can't stop you. Your Jump is yours after all.
I was talking in the systems as we use them IRL and how they are most often portrayed in WoD.
>>
>>48806580
Dude, it was a joke
>>
>>48806567
Eh. I got a coat and a rug out of it.
>>
>>48806522
Speaking of, anyone know where you can find more info on the exaltations themselves? There's a little sidebar just on them in the corebook in chapter 1 but it doesn't talk much on them, like not mentioning you only have one or this po soul stuff. Was just wondering which book has more info on them?
>>
>>48806317
This was what anon was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yeHt0uHElI&list=PLB833073B659FD65A&index=20

Spacey did do a great Lex, tho. That'd be a badass fight.
>>
>>48806598
>Death battle
Ugh
>>
>>48806599
Eh, yeah.
Some of the fights are neat if you don't think about it too hard.

Not like you can find anything better. Kinda disappointing.
>>
>>48806598
The appeal in a Lex vs Tony movie would be the fact that they can both compete with each other intellectually as well as in direct combat.
>>
>>48806582
Ah, no prob dude. Emotions don't apply to text but I was smiling at the reminder of WoD's personal Mary Sue. In all seriousness there was a story somewhere on the White Wolf forums back in the day that had a Hunter who was basically a Ghoul as well, he cut cocaine with Vampire ashes and snorted it for temporary vampire powers, World of Darkness is a weird place and White Wolf in general is too. Was funny as hell though.

>>48806593
I think quite a bit is learned over the entirety of the books. Auto-Bots books are the most direct but you can squirrel out some interesting stuff if you dig.
>>
>>48806625
Yeah, WoD can have some gems here and there. And if you look at it a certain way, the grimderpiness of some splats and books can be pretty fun too. Stuff like the Pentex book that just turns the whole thing into some cartoonish caricature.
>>
>>48806625
Thanks for the hint, think it's helped me out a bit. Checking the Yu Shan book too. Think I may have figured a way to wrangle multiple exaltations but I gotta confirm it.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg (79KB, 753x597px)
Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg
79KB, 753x597px
>>48806641
Yep, the Hunter in my previous post is actually viable by NWoD. It would be a custom Conspiracy but you could basically do exactly what that dude did, use drugs made with special ingredients to gain temporary powers beyond the norm. The Egyptian faction with all the potions already does that a little.

A Hunter with access to Celerity 2 would be insanely effective up until he meets any vamp with Celerity 5. Jeebus those bastards are frighting.

>>48806663
Huh if you do. Post it. I'm avoiding Exalted Jumps for now until we get a good look at the full scope of the game we could be playing. If you could figure an actual viable way to do it in game then we could do it in Jump, which would be awesome and stop me from just waiting till Infernals comes out.
>>
If Admiral Anon is here I have a few questions about Deus EX Human Revolution.

Are the origin perks discounted for the relevant origin, is the first origin perk (200CP) free for each origin?

I heard you were planning to update the jump after Mankind Divided comes out, is this true?
>>
Hey HeavensAnon, if you're here, you were planning a Disgaea jump, right?

That wasn't just a beautiful dream?

Will there be the Horse Wiener?
>>
>>48806678
Well, until I've searched all the books I got to make sure there's no hidden limits on more then one, my current idea is this- Get Monster Cat in Soul Eater to have 9 souls. Go nick Lytek's Exaltation tools from his office (Which would be very hard but not impossible as it says in the book, likewise with stealing sparks of exalts later) in heaven, which are written fairly vaguely but one of the things they are said to be able to do is implant an Exaltation in a vessel, whether that vessel is appropriate or not (CoCD: YS p145) (Basically manually putting an Exaltation into someone, even if they wouldn't naturally be chosen. This seems supported by earlier bits in the CoCD YS book that talks about Lytek or someone else doing it to quickly replenish Solar troops way back). Then you just go into his cupboard where he keeps all his Exaltations (Or go find a Monstrance or something I guess) and implant each Spark of Exaltation into the p'o of each of your 9 souls. After finding a safe place, figuring out how the tools work and so on. You know, basic sundry stuff.

You should at least be able to get the Celestial Exalts this way- Solar, Lunar, Sidereal (They're implanted at birth but I don't think it's technically required, just easier) and maybeAbyssal and Infernal since they're just changed versions of one of the first 3. Wouldn't be getting any Terrestrial Exalts (No spark, just passed down far as I'm aware) or Alchemical (Obviously). Still looking for things that might make this invalid though, which'll probably take a while since I need to comb all the books.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg (109KB, 638x575px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg
109KB, 638x575px
>>48806780
Cool, I see that White Wolf kept you from getting multiple Exaltations by limiting them to one per soul, something we Jumpers have been getting around for a while now.
>>
>>48806426
The only way to remove the exaltation from a host is to kill him. This is one of the most canon rules of exalted. There is absolutely no way to remove the exaltation from a host without killing him. You can't depower people without killing them.

On the other hand, just kill a Solar and the exaltation will break free.

It is possible to manipulate raw exaltations. Yozi, the Heaven, and the Deathlords do it. It is very, very complicated, though, a feat of absurd magic, because an Exaltation will try to break free from whatever magic you can get, but it is possible.

Destroying an Exaltation is impossible. It was specifically made to be reality warping proof. It is said than, when all else will be destroyed in the mouth of Oblivion, when all will return to nothing, the Exaltation will still be here, little pockets of something forever indestructible.
>>
>>48806870
Nah, one of the tools Autocthon made can permanently destroy them. Pretty sure nothing else can though.
>>
>>48806882
That's just for destroying the soul it's connected to, not the Exaltation itself.
>>
Posting this again from a few threads ago since the only answer I got wasn't from the jumpmaker.
>For Incredibles, since Wardrobe makes upgrades shared across all of your suits would importing multiple outfits as suits spread their properties across both each other and any other suits Wardrobe provides?
>>
File: l41YaCNTQBeohCBr2.gif (2MB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
l41YaCNTQBeohCBr2.gif
2MB, 500x392px
>>48806426
Well the Neverborn and Yozis stole some Solar Exaltations from the Jade Prison(?), but that's with the exaltations separated from the normal cycle.

Now they're back in circulation, the only canon way I know of is to turn a Solar exaltation into an Abyssal one (either by trapping them in a Monstrance of Celestial Portion until they accept Oblivion and become a Deathknight, or by Void Circle spell Dimming of the Light, which also requires them to be in a Monstrance and "willing").
Then there is a Void Circle spell called Call the Black Sun that traps an existing Abyssal Exaltation in a Monstrance of Celestial Portion - and this only traps a "free" Abyssal exaltation, not one with a host.
That was in 2nd ed. I don't know about the latest edition.

You remove an exaltation from someone by killing them.

I don't believe that any exaltations have ever been destroyed? Actually I'm not even sure that any Primordials were able to destroy any. Might have forgotten something on that, though.

>>48803035
>Summoning in Lovecraft
It depends on the source material.

For example, according to the d20 CoC game, the Summon takes a full round (~6 seconds) and so does Bind (total: ~12 seconds), but it also takes some prep work of having a rock with an elder sign (potential total, ~18 seconds - one round to cast elder sign on a rock, one round to summon, and one round to bind) but of course you could have the rock ready ahead of time.

Whereas Summoning spells in Call of Cthulhu 7th edition takes 5min/magic point spent (and each magic point gives 10% chance of success ), the creature appears 2d10 minutes after the chanting stops, and binding takes a round ("a few seconds").
So it potentially takes a little over 70 minutes (50 minutes for 100% chance of success+20 minutes later+a few seconds to bind), but if you're damn lucky it could take only 7 minutes+ a few seconds.

And in the original literature it would naturally depend on the story's plot requirements.
>>
>>48806916
>I don't believe that any exaltations have ever been destroyed? Actually I'm not even sure that any Primordials were able to destroy any. Might have forgotten something on that, though.

The canon is that the exaltations can't be destroyed by any mean, to protect them from Yozi who are effectively reality warping beings who would try this at the first opportunity. You can throw exaltations in the mouth of Oblivion (effectively a reality warping black hole) and they'll still get out.

>Well the Neverborn and Yozis stole some Solar Exaltations from the Jade Prison(?), but that's with the exaltations separated from the normal cycle.

The Jade Prison is an example of manipulating exaltation. I think a Solar Working could trap an exaltation on the fly, as it goes out its host. Devil Tigers can also choose where their exaltations go. Monstrances and Lilith manipulates exaltations daily.
>>
>>48806143
Slap on the forcefield, communicate through the door with sign language or something. Note: probably not a good idea to do this before fairly late in the jump, unless you have a backup entrance or the like. Also relies on the forcewall being transparent, or at least translucent, which I don't think is actually specified.
>>
>>48806426
>>48806916
>>48806870

Alright, from this we've learned a lot. Copying is almost completely out, Autobot is a God of Invention and innovation several biggatons higher on the scale than Hephaestus, who by the way in Greek Myth created weaponize lightning that could hurt primordial titans and a net that could capture the God of War. We must have multiple souls to manage all the Exaltations we get, as that is the limiting factor of Exalts, however it can't just be multiple souls but multiple souls with a Hun-Po soul structure. Stealing seems to be limited to 'free' Exaltations. Destroying the Exaltations seems to be impossible, perhaps even for things such as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, but manipulating them doesn't seem outside your reach.

Also, just my opinion but the way Perfects are treated in Dragon-Blooded is just... inelegant. Personally I would have rather they been edited into something like the Imagine Breaker, where the perfect could cancel everything as long as someone wasn't just constantly feeding the attack. This would have fit the theme of 2nd Edition in that you'd have to reactivate the perfect to continue to be unharmed from a consatant strike, Kamehameha would be an excellent example of an attack that can be just fed energy constantly in this example parrying it would just end in an energy clash where you'd be left holding a massive ball of energy back and the better choice would be to dodge the damned thing. Just my opinion but if the anon is on who did Dragon-Blooded is around I forgot to bring that up when I commented on your jump.
>>
>>48803942
It always works off what the In Nomine version of God would do.

>>48804485
I figured always giving you an average result on Resonance check digits was easier than sticking to the game mechanics explicitly and explaining that what the power does can vary randomly with each use. Then bonuses on the check digit just become an expansion to the power. What's the thread think? Should I switch back to the canon but more random and confusing method or is it fine as is?
>>
>>48807072
>Hephaestus, who by the way in Greek Myth created weaponize lightning that could hurt primordial titans and a net that could capture the God of War.
Not really relevant given Exalted isn't involved with Greek myths at all.

>but multiple souls with a Hun-Po soul structure
Personally I think just going to Exalted should make this a thing for your soul/s.

>perhaps even for things such as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception,
While those are shitty BS, there are certain perks taht would enable them to be destroyed. Perk fiat trumps in setting fiat.

>Dragon Blooded
Personally I feel like the jump doesn't feel like the setting at all. Thewhole attitude that Exalted needs to be heavily nerfed has resulted in a jump that doesn't feel like you're even a Terrestrial Exalted, more like it has a mortal tone.
>>
Hey what are some good first jumps for an absolute masochist?
>>
no mans sky jump when?
>>
Can warehouse portals be made on ANY solid surface? Like, for example, your own body? Could I make a small portal on my back, or something?
>>
>>48807134
>While those are shitty BS, there are certain perks taht would enable them to be destroyed. Perk fiat trumps in setting fiat.

Intent is important. In setting the exaltations were created to be unyielding to reality-warping, black holes, destruction of the self, erasing the entire reality, imposing the concept of death to them, etc.

The Mystic Eyes of Death Perception could destroy the entire reality and impose the concept of death to them, but they were precisely made to be resistant to that kind of tampering.

Ultimately, it is jumper fiat if they can be destroyed by anything at all, because the setting is very clear on that particular.
>>
Are there any jumps that would make it easier to make friends?
>>
>>48807182
Not really sure why you're still talking about MEoDP. I'm saying that if you have a perk that says you can figure out a way to destroy/kill anything or just flat out kill/destroy anything, then you can. It might not be easy, it might be nigh impossible, but you can, no matter what the setting says. I'm not talking about powers from other settings, just about perks that get jumpchain fiat to support them working.
>>
>>48807163
Dark Sun
>>
>>48806779
>spoiler
There are any number of shapeshifting perks, anon. Pick your favorite.
>>
>>48807193
Show me that perk though. I understand what you're saying, and of course if a perk specifically tell that you can destroy an exaltation, well, you can.
>>
>>48807212
I don't know. It was one made up to serve as an example for a general concept. It doesn't specifically need to say you can destroy an exaltation, if it says you could destroy anything that'd be just as valid. Perhaps Anathema from Smite might work? Anarchy in the Galaxy from NMH probably would too.
>>
File: 1463513398997.jpg (41KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
1463513398997.jpg
41KB, 300x392px
>>48807163
Commoragh, Franken Fran

>>48807184
Generic Magical Girl, Nanoha.
>>
So, what are the big threats to look out for in Person of Interest? I believe I recall someone mentioning an evil supercomputer, but is there anything else?
>>
>>48807134
> Not really relevant
Just making a God vs Primordial comparison and showing that even gods have some impressive feats to them.
>Just going to Exalted should make this a thing.
A decent way to do it, though Jumpmakers will have to cross that bridge when they get there.
>Perk Fiat trumps setting.
True.
> The whole attitude that Exalted needs to be heavily nerfed has resulted in a jump that doesn't feel like you're even a Terrestrial Exalted, more like it has a mortal tone.
I personally feel that Perfects and Charms would lose a bit of their power outside Creation, where the Shinma and Motonic Phyics are local.

Perfects, should I ever gain them in my chain, would have the inbuilt flaw I used here >>48807072 because I'm running on Creation based physics and the rest of the world isn't but I have perks so I do get an awesome thing but it only works for the instant, as Persistent Perfects are BS, and I'd have to reactivate them each second I was 'holding off' the attack or 'pressing' the defense. Again though Just how I personally do things, nothing to do with you guys.

>>48807163
Fallout.

>>48807203
I think the anon is talking about the equitable item in Disgaea called Horse Wiener which increases a range of stats.
It's a special item that you can only get by stealing from a very particular zombie whose been upgraded by a mad scientist.
The Zombie also has The Body of Hercules and Mahogany's Brain which are pretty decent equipages as well.
>>
>>48807284
But you're comparing gods/primordials from entirely different settings? I just don't see how Greek Primordials are related to Autobot being a great crafter in the Exalted setting.

Not really? Unless they're going to say you somehow defy canon and exalt without that sort of soul, it seems like it only makes sense for your soul to gain those traits. Everyone in setting has them anyway. It'd be like going to Naruto, being able to use chakra, but not getting a chakra network.

I'm fine with perfects being nerfed (Though I think it's hardly justified given we have plenty of effects like that in the chain for purchase or in setting already). I was talking about the jump in general, such as perks and items, that really miss the feel of the jump.

And stop being so cautious. I don't need you to tell me that 'it's just how you do things' everytime you respond. I'm an adult, I can make simple assumptions like that.
>>
>>48807230
I was thinking more standard befriending, since I feel like I'd need a little help in my attempts to save Asriel.
>>
>>48807168
You can do a more fun version of that by jumping Minecraft then going into space in any jump.
>>
>>48807336
Understandable.

I see your point, and it does set a strong precedent.

Ah, I see.

Not everyone is as such, we've actually had a really good run, nearly a hundred posts and little derailing from Jumps.
>>
>>48807373
>Gaunlet
Didn't your name used to have an additional T in it?
>>
File: 1466646305846.jpg (117KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
1466646305846.jpg
117KB, 1000x707px
>>48807344
I stand by my suggestions.
Generic Sugar Bowl, then.
>>
>>48807381
Nope it is a purposeful misspelling of the word Gauntlet, of which was my first proposed Jump.
>>
Okay, I'm building a GATE JSDF jump and I've recently bought the Guards and I payed the extra 100 to get eight.

I want you guys to choose what races my Guards are comprised of.
>>
>>48807408
I don't remember this scene?
>>
How strong do I need to be to help Kratos in his mission to fuck up the gods?
>>
File: 1466124431071.gif (366KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1466124431071.gif
366KB, 140x160px
>>48807414
You need an elf in your party.

>>48807442
It's Madoka/Lyrical Nanoha crossover fanart.
>>
>>48807414
Monte Carlo Rally
Kentucky Derby
Boston Marathon
Ironman
Isle of Man TT
Le Mans
Paris-Dakar
Baja
>>
>>48807486
Deedlit and not!Drow Elf are OG qt elves. 10/10, would waifu.
>>
>>48806369
can you Take Avatar of (Element) more than once?

does taking an origin grant access to the Passive skill tree?

Does Crafting orbs ever replenish or should I Get the Gem Mine For the long-term?
>>
>>48806143
There's a perk in Endless legend that makes it impossible for anyone to attack you or your allies as long as you or your allies don't initiate a conflict.
>>
>>48806369
Oh man. I didn't know I wanted this so badly until now.
>>
File: blank9.jpg (48KB, 383x420px)
blank9.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
Woo, finally got good wifi again. Dumpin' builds.

[Tentative Exalted: The Dragonblooded build]

Drawbacks: Political Enemy, Interesting, Found Egg, A Boon (1600)

Elemental Aspect: Fire

Rolled The Imperial City

Dynast: Mnemon

Educated: The Cloister of Wisdom (Free)
Legendary Breeding (1300)
Artificer (900)
Exalted Beauty (500)
The Emerald Circle (200)
Intrigue of the Realm (0)
Sunrise Coffee (+400) (200)
Dragon’s Cigars (0)

You know what Exalted is? It’s a goddamned minefield. Oh sure, everything’s MOSTLY quiet and safe-ish now but the powers-that-be are far from disarmed.

So I’ma to play this one subtle. Page of Void powers, don’t fail me now. PLEASE. To the public eye I’m the an eccentric, ditzy whatever the male equivalent of a bimbo is but also a hobbiest inventor, who also happens to be a coffee/cigar enthusiast but otherwise does nothing of value except give THE Mnemon some headaches over keeping me out of the public eye for PR purposes.

Observant eyes may note that my dilettante lyfe happens to involve immense study into First Age artifacts, the origin of sorcery and the martial arts.

Especially paranoid fate ninjas may notice I intend to conspire with the more reformist members of my family to take over the Guild in a coup, that my latest sorcerous research coincided with the appearance of massive serpents girding the Bordermarches in such as manner as to prevent the Rakasha entry to Creation, that I own the holdings to the company who mysterious lost a shipment of magical plants which promptly spread out of control but reduce the Shadowlands when growing over them, that the Perfect of Paragon’s latest line of magitech is mysteriously unable to be reverse engineered and that young, desperate solars keep vanishing into portals before the Wyld Hunt catches up to them.

…also. I wonder what happens if you substitute Sunlight Coffee into the Unseen University’s patented(?) recipe for pure sobriety?

HA HA TIME FOR MAGISCIENCE.
>>
File: blank7.gif (1MB, 400x225px)
blank7.gif
1MB, 400x225px
Drawbacks: Chaotic Goddess, KND Continuity, Grim Tales, Shadows (1200)

Drop-In, age 35

Rolled The Underworld

Cartoon Logic (Mandatory)
Everyday I had to deal with… (Free)
I’m Your Worst Nightmare (1150)
I’m Not Above Cheating (1050)
Don’t Touch Me (900)
I Always Win (700)
You Little Tyrant! (400)
Sassy Cat Doll (Free)
Supernatural Possessions (200)
Canon(?) Character: Eris (0)

>everything is reversed
>everything is Bleedman
>Grim may have caused 9/11 while Mandy dindu nothin and is a put-upon cosmic punching bag
>somewhere out there are a bunch of kids I did some custom weapon contracts for aeons ago, probably struggling to survive in a world gone mad

aaa

aaaaaa

AAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

…at least RURURS-obsessed Eris can understand why this is a strong contender for the worst of all possible worlds when we’re not trying to out rules lawyer each other.

>>48807460
Well his main problem is really getting from place to place so just having some teleportation/portal abilities alone would help lots.
>>
File: blank3.jpg (30KB, 292x247px) Image search: [Google]
blank3.jpg
30KB, 292x247px
Oh, and that was

[The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy]

because wifi comes and goes but captcha is forever butts

[Circle of Magic]

Drawback: Angry Spirits, Body Politics, Live at Discipline College (1500)

Sotet

Merchant of Ninver, age (1450)

Born to the Copper (Free)
Bed of Moss (1350)
Plain Magic (1250)
Shatterglass (1050)
The Power in the Storm (750)
The Magic in the Weaving (150)
Mages Kit (Free)
A Fortune In Winds (0)

Oh yes, exile the global corporate conglomerate owning scion with contacts at every level of government and some people don’t even know exist over magical prejudice. Better yet, ANTAGONISE THE MAD ECONOMIC SCIENTIST. That sure was a smart move, family. Well I’ll show you. I’LL SHOW YOU ALL.

Step 1: Kick down the door to the spirit world and scream until I get a refund from the manager.

Step 2: Use financial contacts to boycott my own merchant house, while embarking on a hostile takeover of every other merchant house into the greatest financial force in the world.

Step 3: Unveil the Money Cannon I’ve been building in secret-a massive laser that will retroactively destroy my family’s financial success FOREVER.

Hopefully my teacher will understand that my campaign to become the Dark Lord of Dosh is more important than my magical education.
>>
File: blank4.jpg (10KB, 279x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank4.jpg
10KB, 279x212px
[Hive Queen Quest]

Drawbacks: Scavenger frenzy, Black tidings (1500)

Rolled Coral

Scientist

Spin Doctor (Free)
Xeno-Anthropologist (Free)
Brute Forcing Science (1400)
We Can Copy Nature (1200)
Reverse Engineering Genius (900)
A thinker of your own (800)
Fatherly love (600)
The Flesh is Strong (0)
Chemical Synthesiser (Free)

"Ah yes, the Void Gods: The soul-eating monstrosities allegedly waiting outside realspace to feast upon mortal souls. We have dismissed that claim. Several updated starmaps prove that there is absolutely nothing-and has NEVER been-anything situated near the region of space they might have been trying to enter had they been real, and that mysterious rash of archival data errors throughout the galaxy surely goes to show that such superstitions have no substance to them.

The entity known as the Black Queen is clearly a delusional hyperpredator that should be exterminated before it breaks something imported. Attached please find a fabrications unit for unlimited Yen Xing Flames outfitted with Orgone/Black Hole Furnace engine systems and a miniaturised molecular disruptor sword-gun. The AI chip goes in this slot. You’re welcome, and don’t abuse them. You won’t like them when they’re abused

Totally not a good idea to go snooping around that region, though. Might run into a drone with an attached brainwash ray”

-Message received by almost all sentient lifeforms vaguely aware of the Black Queen’s existence, alongside a cache of blackbox technology. The first part of the message appears to have been excised in the case of civilisations not yet aware of the Void Gods.

I’m jumping blind, so I guess I’m just going to watch this Hive Queen do stuff and occasionally drop food near it to see what it does. That ought to break the monotony of turning a cosmic magnifying glass on large parts of the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>48807085
>random or average on check digits
Hmm. Having both played and GM'd In Nomine, the sheer randomness of the check digit system bugged me, but the lore/fluff indicates that it was (albeit really, really simplisticly) modeling of how Resonances interact with the Symphony. In my games I preferred to use a second check die for a 2d6 spread if the local Symphony was reasonably calm.

tldr, I'd put something in to the effect of "you can always try for a better result with your Resonance, but you always risk getting a worse result instead" and let jumpers fanwank from there. Fits the game since you always had just as much chance of a bad Intervention as a good one (and sheesh, for statistically what should be a 1 in 108 chance, they seemed to crop up a lot more than they should in my games - one of them must've bought that Luck perk, because it was mostly on the players' side too).
>>
File: blank25.png (190KB, 393x453px) Image search: [Google]
blank25.png
190KB, 393x453px
[Boktai]

Drawbacks: The Restless Dead, A Missing Link, A Pale Moon, Sweet Blood (2000)

Solar Smith, age 15

Back to Basics (Free)
The Finer Things (Free)
With This Herring (1900)
The Sum of the Sun (1800)
The Blood Will Tell (1600)
Light Side of the Moon (1400)
Twice As Bright (1100)
They Who Hate Life (500)
Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free)
Lunar Blood (0)
A Forge (Free)
Smith’s Hammer (Free)

I thought about Taioyh (no hotblooded exclamation for me) but…I’ve been involved with the light of the sun before. It ended-well, not exactly badly but. It really put my priorities in perspective. I’m just not ready to be in so intimate a relationship with a reserve of solar energy, to say nothing of my…issues with the thematics.

Anyway. A long time ago when SoLanon told me about this setting I likened jumping it to being tricked by the Benefactor into crawling up my own ass and I’m not entirely sure that’s not the case here.

This doesn’t have to end in bloodshed. I have no ill will against the immortals or the Will of the Galaxy, but at the same time I’ve seen this exact conflict play out too many times to hold any optimism for yet another genocide to solve it. The issue is human evolutionary potential threatening immortal stasis. What if I were to create a localised subspace bounding the human settlements a la Avalon based on Webway construction principles, and bestow immortality on humanity? That way, they’ll be freed from the cycle of life and death, be able to expand in a region of space which won’t threaten the galaxy and have time to understand the folly of reproduction after they appreciate the nuances of immortal existence.

I’m going to resurrect Django as a gesture of good faith and proof of concept. Then I’m going to figure out how to defeat Hel in a dance battle to end this nightmare once and for all.
>>
>>48807682
Prosperity, not War isn't it? Man, that's basically the best perk in jumpchain for non combat jumpers.
>>
>>48806779
Disgaea is my next jump, yes. That said, I'm on break from jumpmaking for a little bit.

Maybe. Maybe not.
>>
File: blank18.jpg (140KB, 900x665px) Image search: [Google]
blank18.jpg
140KB, 900x665px
[In Nomine]

Drawback: Louis Cypher (1100)

Rolled Los Angelos

Divine, age immemorial (1000)

Angel: Seraph (900)
Symphonic Awareness (800)
Wordbound: Narrativium (500)
Vessel (Free)
Role: Librarian (450)
Flaming Sword (Free)
Holy Grail (300)
ChoirX8 (0)
-Elodie: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: DETERMINATION (0)
-Sunny: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Stand
-Miyako: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Enlightenment
-Brigid: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Soulfire
-Anhel: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Fold Wave
-Avacyn: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Mystery (Nasuverse)
-Amane: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Persona
-Daedalus: Divine, Angel: Bright Lilim (500), Flaming Sword (Free), Divine Intervention (400), Symphonic Awareness (300), Wordbound: Abnormality (Medaka Box)

Now, it may SEEM like this is an absolute betrayal of my principles brought on by long-repressed guilt and lack of self-confidence. HOWEVER, such a superficial analysis is EXACTLY the kind of impression I’m going to cultivate in my infernal enemies! FOR YOU SEE, I’m not just throwing empowerment at the wall and hoping for the best-I’m MANIPULATING humanity through their ALLEGED boons as a STRATAGEM against Hell!

(Cont'd)
>>
File: blank8.png (290KB, 630x542px)
blank8.png
290KB, 630x542px
>>48807883

While the rest of the gang goes forth and unleashes ANIME, I’ll be flashstepping through all of L-Space to cultivate narrative archetypes of humans overcoming malevolent supernatural forces in the name of stability, gradually encircling the world with a grand narrative that ends with the ultimate futility of Hell. With my Word and Talecrafting, I’ll be able to subtly mould the mortal world into utter rejection of Hell-while simultaneously exposing and cutting out the rot in Heaven.

Yep. It’s just a creative exploitation of local and alien metaphysics to secure one more victory for order against Chaos. With my skill, the return to Destiny will be inevitable. Man is but a fickle puppet who can’t afford to have his strings cut. Free will was a mistake we can't afford to current but can steer-

…yes Elodie, I suppose INCIDENTALLY humanity will have much greater leverage to self-determine its’ own place in the Symphony. That is a risk I’m willing to take when they can so clearly be-well, OF COURSE the keikaku's going to be fairly hands-off! That's just how sophisticated it is!

No, there’s nothing else to it.

I don't want to talk about this.

We’re not having this conversation.
>>
File: potatoes.jpg (287KB, 1400x933px)
potatoes.jpg
287KB, 1400x933px
>>48807170
Technically it "can be opened on any surface". Doesn't even have to be solid or flat. So, if you want to fanwank that your Benefactor's a swell ROB, go for it I guess?
>>
Why are Exaltations so strong? Aren't they just shards of certain celestial's power? Why are Celestials so apparently powerful relative to everything else? Why are Primordials so weak compared to both, didn't they actually create both of them?
>>
>>48807814
>magical plants which promptly spread out of control but reduce the Shadowlands when growing over them
Ooh. Are those plants from any jump in particular, and/or something your jumper cooked up?
>>
>>48807986
Because Exalted is trash and needs to be destroyed.
>>
>>48807883
>>48807903
Nice to see you live! What is in nomine?
>>
>>48806369
Personal preference, but I dislike directly referring to the benefactor as Jump-Chan. Maybe "you will always have a moment of clarity" for Nightmare Prevails?

Also, would you mind providing a couple representative samples of the Uniques, while still noting it's not exclusive? Few things are more annoying than having to research a Jump before Jumping it.
>>
So, /jc/, how would I go about making a literal crown of stars?

...I like dressing up fancy sometimes, okay?
>>
>>48807346
Or bringing a spaceship into Minecraft.
>>
>>48806522
There ARE hybrid creatures in WoD in a few splats, but whenever they show up they're all basically fluffed as horrible abominations only managed through the evilest of rituals and which everyone despises and kills on sight and also they're psychotic so you can't play one.
>>
>>48808047
Depends on what kind of star you want. You could probably make one just by stealing thr silmarils (and copying them so you dont fuck the story)

Unless you can somehow touch them though it could be dangerous. (I actually did this but I don't talk about or use it much)
>>
File: blank13.png (60KB, 704x478px)
blank13.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>48807987
Nah, something I'm working on.

Couple of Ilfa seeds. FF6's magitek perk to infuse with the Soulhymn, maybe some Wraithbone psychic infusions too based on Fleshmetal reverse engineering. I'm gonna use a combination of my Kemmlerian necrobotanic research and To Call Forth to make something between a lichen and bamboo with the hardiness of kudzu, that happens to grow absolutely everywhere there's death, use it up for growth in a process that invovles saturating the area with spiritually subliminating song and then promptly calcifies to be immortal and stagnant when there's no more nutritious Shadowland to absorb.

Hmm. Maybe I can use Throne of Creation/Forge of War/As Above So Below and Cobra-La Biotech to figure out how to design a plant capable of harnessing adapted Wild Bunch technology. I'd have to figure out a way to make the Unconquered Sun-blessed coffee plant's life essence to play nice with dark matter though.

>>48808008
Boo. No heroin pissing dinosaur for you.

>>48808014
Bit of a cold war between heaven and hell over the ultimate destiny of humanity, from what I can tell. Actually I'm not all that familiar with it either, it was years since I looked at it and then I got into WoD but what I remember of it is pretty similar to Heaven and Hell in Good Omens.
>>
File: In Nomine Back Cover.png (1MB, 934x898px) Image search: [Google]
In Nomine Back Cover.png
1MB, 934x898px
>>48808014
Not ASA, just another anon, but In Nomine is basically various factions of Angels and Demons fighting a (mostly) Cold War for the future of Humanity. Here's the blurb on the back of the core RPG book:

>They are very much like us.
>Some seek to do good, others corrupt and destroy. Some set out to do one thing, but accomplish another.
>Some are fiercely devoted to their work. Some doubt that they really make a difference. And some wonder, in the small hours of the night, if they picked the right side.
>They have great powers, for good and evil, but they are merely pawns of greater powers still.
>They are very much like us.
>>
>>48806870
Autichiton builds to last, damn.
>>
>>48807880
Heavens, if we take Sweet Blood as non immortal, will people still die when we try their blood?

If we take the Missing Link, does it just start us from beginning of Boktai 1 to beginning of Boktai 3? Can we ressurect Django then?
>>
>>48808116
I mean, this is also the guy whose tech was used to build the giant robot the Unconquered Sun rides in, and functionally IS the sun for most people in Creation.

To be fair in that thing's case it's more that the leader of the Primordials at the time nicked one of Auto's engines, heated up a flame from another Primordial until it was so hot even he couldn't bear it and then forged it inside said flame until it was sufficiently perfect.
>>
>>48808119
Yes, they will still die. Unless they're someone you actually WANT dead, then they're very much alive.

Yes, it starts you off at 1. That said, even if you can revive Django (his body will be missing and he'll be dead for months before you arrive), you still have to prevent the coming apocalypse. Assume the benefactor ramps up the difficulty or the butterfly effect conspires against you.
>>
>>48807880
If we bought a canon companion from boktai 2, but we also took Will of the Galaxy, will the companion we bought still be alive at start of jump?

Could the loans running time be like temporal anomaly, so time doesn't actually pass that much in world of Boktai? (Fifteen years of endless running. World has changed.)

So is there any difference to whether you run at full speed or jog while paying back the debt? Could you technically by running faster do your quota for day to earn a small tiny break? Because if we lose all perks that includes the not needing to sleep
>>
>>48808166
I meant, does it push our starting point to Boktai 3 or Django is dead before event of 1?
>>
>>48808106
>>48808100
>Like good omens.
Neat is it a book series or a game or what?
>>
>>48808209
TTRPG
>>
>>48808209
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Nomine_(role-playing_game)
>>
File: fjhavp14.jpg (80KB, 996x539px) Image search: [Google]
fjhavp14.jpg
80KB, 996x539px
Tell me jumper, how does your facial hair look?
>>
>>48808166
But Heavens...

What about Zazie best girl?
>>
File: I tried.jpg (181KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
I tried.jpg
181KB, 400x560px
>>48808246
It depends what form I am in, this is what It looks like in my Casual form
>>
>>48808166
Vanargand gets unsealed in Will of Galaxy. Does it mean Sabata got fused with it on the start of jump?
>>
>>48808192

>So is there any difference to whether you run at full speed or jog while paying back the debt? Could you technically by running faster do your quota for day to earn a small tiny break? Because if we lose all perks that includes the not needing to sleep

Not the maker but apparently dying restores your vitality so
uh
That's an option
>>
>>48808246
Source?
>>
>>48808265
>>48808246
this is what it looks like in my day-to-day form.
>>
>>48808278
Invincible iron man 5. There's another scene where tony gets strange to give him a high five for awesome facial hair bros. I think thats in 3
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 7.jpg (9KB, 130x190px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 7.jpg
9KB, 130x190px
>>48808246
A little scrag every now and again but I'm a clean shaven bro. Cold on the winters though.
>>
What are some solid sense/retention of self perks that you can afford to take early? I'd rather have something like that before I spend to long jumping and become jaded.
>>
>>48808192
They won't be if the drawback killed the
them, but they'll be alive and join you afterwards if you survive the jump.

No time will pass outside of treadmill land. Consider it a mercy.

You'll die tired. You will respawn, but you'll mostly just run yourself ragged. No breaks, anon. It will be roughly the same if you jog or run. Respawning will restore stamina, but does nothing for the pain.

>>48808203
He is dead before the events of 1, yes. And that's where the jump begins.

>>48808256
Good taste.
>>48808275
Assume the worst case scenario in said drawback. If this helps you, he isn't. If it doesn't, he is. Basically up to you.
>>
>>48806870
>The only way to remove the exaltation from a host is to kill him. This is one of the most canon rules of exalted.
>Destroying an Exaltation is impossible.

I’m late but another one of the most canon rules of is exalted “You can’t bring people back from the dead”. If Jumpers can get around one, why not the others?
>>
>>48808356
>I'm late
Obviously. You missed the multiple posts talking about how out of jump stuff can get around limits in exalted.
>>
>>48808321
Considering intensity of Will of the Galaxy drawback scenario, could there be some additional reward for Doing it? Even if it's just something cosmetic or such.

So is Wild Bunch equivalent of Matter-Antimatter reaction but as specific energy type using Sol and Luna/Dark? So it's giving more energy than both would give alone when pooled?

Wild Piledriver.... Turrets. Summonable. Fuck up Eternal's days.
>>
>>48808356
...because the mechanisms therein differ, and in this case it's a matter of conceptual primacy rather than applied OCP? There might be some things you could try but the onus is really on you to prove or disprove them in the context of things that canonically CAN'T destroy the things.

I mean.

For example, in Type-Moon teleportation is canonically something normally impossible and close to true magic but there's other systems that can just do it so that's how you get around that.

On the other hand, in almost all settings you can't punch a hole in space and time with physical strength alone because that's not how space and time work.

This might be hard for you to understand, but Jumpers aren't necessarily omnipotent.
>>
>>48808321
Will of Galaxy mentions leaving skill and knowledge. That does include perks that give skill or knowledge only, but not those that give better recall of them?
>>
>>48808370
To be fair in he was specifically asking about how to break down Exaltations.
>>
>>48808387
I'll consider it. Not sure what it'd be, though.

Basically, yes. That is a good description.
>>
>>48808406
So were the posts I referred to.
>>
>>48807986
They were created by Autobot, the Primordial of Technology, as his masterpieces, and then imbued by the power of the seven strongest gods. They were created as weapons of war against the reality warping Primordials. They'd better be strong.

Primordials have a lot of power, but they are diffuse, not easily pointed to one unique direction, and they are only so few primordials. Imagine for a moment ants sporting a poison strong enough to kill human. Killing ants is more difficult that you can think when you're far bigger than them, and they are so numerous than they will get you in the end.
>>
>>48808425
Hence why you make bugspray to easily wipe them out. Only the Primordials are almost all idiots or jobbing during the war because none of them did anything but reenactments of Godzilla but sized up.
>>
>>48808437
Also, the gods and exalts are all Mary Sue's. Every last one of them.
>>
>>48808318
Drop-in tree in Swords and Sorcery is perfect for that, one of the freebies for it is basically what you're asking for

>To Truly Live (100cp, Discount Drop-In): Let others be wracked by existential dread and
the petty self-doubt that plague lesser men. You possess a heart that burns brighter and
more free then any flame, yet not uncontrolled. Sights seem clearer, scents more rich, and
flavors more vivid. It is like the mental and emotional fog that rests upon the minds and
hearts of others has been banished from you to leave the world open. You know who you
are and are unfettered in being true to yourself. This seemingly superhuman vibrancy will
be obvious to others whenever you allow it. No one can look upon you thus and not see
that while others exist, you truly live.

S&S's drop in tree doesn't give you a lot to handle the setting per se but even a dip into something like League of Legends, Legend of Zelda or MOTHER(all pretty harmless, if you play your cards right) would let you do enough to take it relatively early without much issue

on that note

Anyone have a way or system of devising what you loot from a setting? I only ask cause I know my jumper is a thief and treasure hunter (turns out starting off as a dungeon mapper in Legend of Zelda and then going into reccetear and indiana jones not too far along after does that to you) but I'm havin' a hard time determining what he nabs from a certain setting, given the amount of shit that he has to do depending on circumstances(for example in Anima I imagine since he's in the Imperium's shitlist he can't spend too much time treasure hunting)
combine that with his priority being "Wander, party, and incite shenanigans" and while he likes treasure hunting I can't see him, say, trying to kill a current holder for their shiny loot (as was the case with many of the Anima artifacts, a lot of them being lost though as long as he knows one EXISTS he can eventually find it. Keep Going Right is amazing perk)
>>
>>48808411
Oh. Wow, I didn't join that conversation and it's...not looking swell.

>MEoDP

Setting aside my outrage at how shitty actually using that would be, people seem to have forgotten 1. more difficult concept of death=harder to stab the right dots and 2. Void Shiki's ultimate destruction powers came from her Origin, not just her eyes.

Given TYPEs can be destroyed physically and IIRC Arc is the most impressive thing ever dotstabbed and she survived albeit weakened I somehow don't buy you can ever reach a level with the Eyes where you can dotstab something that's triple immortal in a setting infamous for absolute perfect defenses.

>Anarchy in the Galaxy from NMH

Again the whole "co-designed by the literal sun god of perfection and the titan of invention" doesn't really strike me as something you can ever reasonably say you equal. It's not even a question of raw power; the concepts that go into making the things are so exotic I don't see how you can reasonably claim to be equivolent to them.

>Anathema

If somefaggit actually let that fly that's bullshit. There is nothing in the Smiteverse anywhere near Exlated in conceptual primacy.
>>
>>48808403
It lets you keep skill and knowledge perks, but recall will be difficult unless you trained the old fashioned way beforehand. Assume anything impossible for a RL 'peak human' is now impossible for you when gauging what you keep, as well as science that depends highly on outside context things.
>Oh, so like Batm-
Awful example.
>>
Where are some good places to get fluffy tail from?
>>
>>48808397
> but the onus is really on you to prove or disprove them
…You’re asking the person who asked a question to prove it true or false?

> This might be hard for you to understand, but Jumpers aren't necessarily omnipotent.
You’ve mistaken me for someone else it would seem. I know that full well.
>>
>>48808446
...said the interdimensional traveller whose unique abilities are all inspired by or in some cases blatently copied from other individuals, many of which are mary sues in their own right.

>>48808425
>>48808437

That said, this is correct. I even remember one of the devs saying it's possible they didn't even REALISE how serious the war was until some of them started dying.
>>
File: 1373943174588.png (641KB, 800x1184px)
1373943174588.png
641KB, 800x1184px
>Make a huge stupid mistake and now owe money for classes I can't even take.
Jump-chan please come take me away.
>>
>>48808473
I was answering what I thought was the main point of your question i.e. the why, not the how

Nah, just your meaning it seems and for that I apologise
>>
>>48808461
So you're a troll then? All those things will kill Exaltations. Fuck off and stop wanking off your shitty fucking setting, you're worse than suggs was with getbackers.
>>
>>48808461
>Anarchy
oh wow. Not only are you saying we can't ever get to a certain power level with 600+ jumps but also that a perk doesn't actually work as said and instead the settings concepts make it not work? Yeah, no. It's possible to become that powerful and if they are, the perk works.

>If somefaggit actually let that fly that's bullshit. There is nothing in the Smiteverse anywhere near Exlated in conceptual primacy.
Isn't it lovely that perk fiat just works (If you're going to start arguing that perk immunities only block up to the level of stuff present in that setting, just don't respond, please)? There's stuff in Generic Virtual World anyway that does a similar enough thing.
>>
>>48808496
No, I'm someone with a dissenting opinon. If I were a troll I'd say thing like "the thread agrees with me" or segue into an ad hominem against someone else.

>all those things will kill Exaltations

For the first two saying things work because you say so is not how proof works.

And in the case of the latter I already acknowledged going by the wording that's technically possible just that the jumpmaker was an idiot if that's realistically something it's capable of. Why don't you complain about THAT setting being "wanked"? Oh right, because you're not here to debate in good faith, just to win an imaginary dickmeasuring contest against a fictional setting. Really it was my mistake trying to apply reason to you.
>>
>>48808474
Jumpers aren't mary sues. Not because what you said is false, but because that isn't what a mary sue is. Jumpers are no where near as bad as exalted solars for sheer garbage tier special snowflake shittyness.
>>
>>48808467
Okami
>>
>>48808461
You realise it's perfectly possible, if improbable, for a circle of essence 5 solars to beat the Unconquered Sun right? He's not omnipotent. He has many powerful abilities (If you take them at face value and don't follow the suggestion that the most hax ones are just legend and not real) but has several flaws that disable them and leave him far more vulnerable. He's not an easy fight but with preparation you can in fact defeat and kill him.
>>
>>48808520
A Mary Sue is an overpowered self-insert in shitty fanfiction. That's pretty much exactly what our premise for jumpchain is.
>>
>>48808496
Swearing doesn't grant you any weight beyond what chips gave you already.
>>
>>48808408
What part of life is the drawback "What does that even mean?!" Based on?
>>
>>48808496
Not him, but MEODP definitely fail. Remember that it requires the target to actually be able to die in the first place. For that you want something like Harpe or EA. Can't speak to the other two.
>>
>>48808519
And yet here you are claiming that no one will ever be able to be as good as Exalted's higher tiers. Maybe look in a mirror before claiming others are in a dick measuring contest.
>>
>>48808528
Sure. If he's attacked without using the full extent of his powers. Which isn't "equally" him anymore than bopping a wizard on the head with a rock while he's asleep is "equally" said wizard as a magic practitioner.
>>
>>48808520

To be honest?
Jumpers are worse. We're on average show-stealing self-insert sixth ranger-types who desire to bend the setting to their will and take all the glory. More often than not we have access to abilities far beyond even the protagonist. We're more or less self insert wish fulfillment fanfic trash, when you get down to it.
>>
>>48808520
See >>48808531, you're LITERALLY a self insert with MAGICAL POWERS AND WAIFUS AND SHIT with no meaningful consequences after 10 years.
>>
>>48808519
Uh huh. Why don't you tell me more about how jump fiat doesn't work if you decide it doesn't, and if you don't like that fiat then its stupid wank and the jump maker should feel ashamed for being so stupid, while claiming not to be a troll?

Read your own post and try to tell me you aren't bait without lying.
>>
>>48808528
Technically you could beat him with a few essence lower but a lot more. Once you get him in a tricky moral situation to disable his bullshit (Or just whatever BS you find annoying enough), the main problem is just him having some crazy good stats. At that point it's basically like fighting a Essence 10 Solar with a few custom charms. So crazy hard but he's going to be following most of the limits any other solar would be, meaning you can plan for those weaknesses and take advantage.

Honestly, if anything, I'd say the big problem isn't the Sun himself, but the rest of the Incarnae posse he has with him. Fighting all at once would be a nightmare, especially since they don't all have the same weaknesses as him that remove the most bullshit stuff that they do.
>>
>>48808463
Will knowledge of how to make somewhat supernatural things or such still work and let us make them in Boktai then, or is out-of-jump supernatural tech banned with the drawback
>>
>>48808491
Given how many shitposters we’ve had here as of late, I can’t say blame you.

As for destroying an Exaltation, I’d say skill rather then brute force is the best chance.
>>
>>48808547
It's perfectly equal. If you manage to trap your opponents arms with rope or chain during a fight, that doesn't suddenly mean your victory is made less worthy. It just means you're smart/skilled enough to debuff and weaken your opponent. The same applies here, only the chains are forcing the guy into a situation that makes him violate one or more of his Virtues, forcing him to disable his most bullshit powers. Fights are more then just raw strength against raw strength and power isn't just how much you can blow up at once.
>>
>>48808519
>>48808461

Anarchy in the Galaxy! (400 CP)- You may only purchase this, as
this one is not for free. You now have a tattoo on your dominant arm
that stays no matter what you replace it with- normally it’s just two
bars separated by a gap, but extremely rarely you feel an odd
sensation and you can see a ‘7’ has appeared in between the bars.
You may store up to three 7s in your tattoo, and when you announce
the name of this ability, you can spend one to completely and
metaphysically annihilate anyone of equal or lower power to you as a
person in a small area. You can store the 7s for as long as you wantas
long as you have one you find yourself very lucky in games,
earning more points. Gain 3, and you could stroll into MLG and leave
everyone crying in shame. At the rate you gain them, you probably
will get one 7 every 10 years if you’re lucky, and the rate does not
shift no matter what you do. You can only store 3, and using one
resets the cooldown.

>as a person

So we run into the problem where you're destroying the person and not the exaltation?
Even if you DO exceed the Solar (and you can with some time) Anarchy'll only let you annihilate the person, which we've established the Exaltation is a seperate thing from.

So that's 2/3 down
>>
>>48808531
No the aren't. Mary sues are 'overpowered', they're characters without real or meaningful flaws in a world where they will always get their way in the end, are always right, and are always recognized as such by everyone else in the setting, even the villains who are usually just stupid incompetent and evil for the sake of it to present the mary sue in an even better light. Jumpers can't be mary sues, the majority of us are too self aware or actually flawed.
>>
>>48808463
I will assume that even with Will of Galaxy, companions imported still revive after a time. That about right?
>>
Jumpers!

If you import a companion, have them buy items for their CP and they give said item to you, does the item disappear when you put them in stasis?
>>
>>48808598
>overpowered

Are you unable to notice people trying to DESTROY EXALTATIONS?

>real or meaningful flaws

There are perks for that

>they will always get their way in the end

There are perks for that

>are always right

Perks

>are always recognized

Perks and companions

>even the villains

Yes, perks for this too. Have you not noticed all dem plot armor/harem/violence befriending perks out there, or are you THIS deep in denial?
>>
>>48808618
>DESTROY EXALTATIONS?
And people have wanted to kill Darkseid, big fucking whoop. Stop making such a big deal out of this already.
>>
>>48808536
A life where everyone owns a lorebook and you don't.

>>48808575
Out of jump supernatural tech is banned, yeah.

>>48808520
>>48808550
This is also the reason Jumpers are hard to write about. OP characters can be entertaining when done right, but...yeah, Jumpers are pretty Sue. It doesn't help that competition and adversity becomes less meaningful as time goes on.

Then again, LNs exist.
>>
>>48808598

> they're characters without real or meaningful flaws in a world where they will always get their way in the end, are always right, and are always recognized as such by everyone else in the setting

What is: Hellish Charisma perks, mind control, stacked luck perks

>even the villains who are usually just stupid incompetent and evil for the sake of it to present the mary sue in an even better light

Drawback enemies

>the majority of us are too self aware or actually flawed

Baseless claim, but even then just going to Worm and getting through it (not to mention the countless confidence, sense of self boosters, and otherwise emotional health perks) gurantees you'll be more or less emotionally healthy on some level

step it up
>>
>>48808626
I don't care about your argument, but thank you for proving my point. I'm just demonstrating to the guy I replied to that his assertion that "jumpers aren't overpowered" is total horseshit.
>>
>>48808617
Sure that's possible, and probably why some jumpmakers restrict companions from buying items.
>>
>>48808461
Fine you butt baby. Eightfold Path from Lord of Light.
>>
>>48805878
Jump # 28 Tropico

Background: Presidente
Region: Tropico
Sex: Female

Factions: Capitalist, Environmentalist, Loyalist, Communist, (300)

Special Abilities:
*Gambler (100)
*Preventative Medicine X3 (100)
*Urban Development X 3 (100)
*Pollution Standards X 3 (100)
*My Humble Life X 1 (0)
*Rationing (100, Discount)
*Real Organic (100, Discount)
*Financial Genius (200, Discount)
*Swiss Bank Account (100, Discount)
*Man of the People (200, Discount)

Equipment:
*Palace (0)
*Luxury Goods (0)

Drawbacks
*Dynasty (+ 400)

So, sometimes you find a jump where it seems you are uniquely suited for. My charisma stacking and people skills allowed me to sway the people rather easily and get them on my side. It didn’t hurt really that I had access to magic and super tech and started improving their lives far beyond the standards of those at the times.
I became Presidente with-in 3 years of getting in office as governor. With my special abilities we emerged quickly as an economic powerhouse of our region. This brought us in to conflict with our neighbors. However that didn’t last long. We had superior weaponry and a few people who could solo a first world army so they got the message real quick to leave us alone.
I poured everything I had in to my little nation. I was proud to watch her advance and grow. I instituted the first public education. I opened colleges and began to push us to become the technological powerhouse in the world.
However with periods of growth must also come expansion. I had an island that came with me from the Incredibles jump that wound up our primary military base. We also wound up taking over several neighboring islands. Not so much through force as “hey we are awesome, you guys want to join us, we have food, medicine and jobs?” which usually did the trick.
By 2020 I had taken a tiny island and built a nation equal to any on earth. Maybe not in size but in financial power and technology.
>>
>>48808656
Or my dear anon, if people complain, I offer up Apotheosis from Baten Kaitos, which is much less vague.
>>
>>48808656
Dude, he already said he doesn't want to reply to you. Maybe halt shitstorms in their tracks if you don't want people to keep bringing them up?

>>48808663
Offtopic but I wonder how many people know the canon dude Eightfold Path is based on lost his life trying to do the thing the perk advertises. Admittedly after apparently overcoming Yama's "death gaze" and fencing him so well Yama had to drown him to finish him off.
>>
>>48808618
>Are you unable to notice people trying to DESTROY EXALTATIONS?
Not a big deal, you just make it out to be one because you love exalted to much. Stop, it's a terrible setting, and no where near as high powered as you think it is.

For everything else, those are just superpowers. It's not a case of actually being perfect in a world that loves you, the benefactor has given you fiat power that facilitates the jumper accomplishing whatever they want.

>>48808645
I was asserting the opposite actually. In my original post, I said that Mary Sues AREN'T overpowered. Jumpers have everything they do because they have it all as superpowers, because they actually are overpowered.

Mary Sues are the result of a shitty narrative, there's usually never any actual reason for why they always succeed, they just do because of a hack writer.

Jumpers power through their issues because they're an out of context with power gained over the course of hundreds of years on a macrocosmic adventure to entertain a seemingly omnipotent god being.
>>
>>48808681
Probably nearly no one considering the book is pretty obscure and no mention is made of it in the perk.
>>
>>48808547
Except Conky, in spite of his double perfect perfection that is always perfect, has been outsmarted canonically. He isn't all that bright. From what I remember he has 7-8 in mental stats, which is shit tier compared to a jumper that's been a Rick or taken the Mortal tree in DC. That's not getting into actual anti-absolute perks that trump Perfection by fiat.
>>
Huh. Kind of related, the Dragonblood jump notes that perfect offenses/defenses are nerfed to be just exceptionally good...but doesn't indicate this is post jump only. So uh...does this also apply during the jump? Because that makes a lot of nasty opponents a whoooole lot simpler to gank for sweet loots.
>>
>>48808681
Mostly because the only thing that matters is the presence of a non zero chance for anything, so you can probability hack or just overwhelm the odds with sheer volume of attempts or similar methods.
>>
>>48808681
I think the perk does vageuly mention something like that, that just because there's a chance doesn't mean it's big and you probably will die trying anyway. I don't think most people use just that perk anyway, they use it in combo with other stuff.
>>
>>48808692
>Stop, it's a terrible setting

You're going to accuse me of being the guy you were arguing with for daring to call you out on this but I don't think you realise how worthlessly biased you make your opinion seem by making it clear you're just looking for excuses to shit on Exalted.

>the benefactor has given you fiat power that facilitates the jumper accomplishing whatever they want.

And how is this meaningfully different from being a Mary Sue? The end result is the same.

>>48808692
>Jumpers have everything they do because they have it all as superpowers, because they actually are overpowered

You're not making any sense. How does having superpowers NOT make you overpowered?

>shitty narative
>Jumpers power through their issues because they're an out of context with power gained over the course of hundreds of years on a macrocosmic adventure

I'm frankly amazed you don't see the distinction here. So this is the true power of doublethink.

>>48808694
Which is sad, really. I'd rather people talk about it than the shitty bleach/naruto/raildex garbage that sometimes clogs up thread.
>>
>>48808520
>Jumpers aren't mary sues.
Bitch this is literally the Mary Sue crossover fanfic CYOA. We collect unique powers and artifacts like they're Pokemon, and people freak out when they have to deal with canonical weaknesses to them. People orgasm and become our slaves when we smile at them. Gods piss themselves when we scowl. We're the specialest snowflakes in the multiverse.
>>
>>48808714
To be fair, there's really no reason to nerf Perfection, especially since we don't have access to any scene-long perfects. Perfect Defenses are expensive as hell, and not even as strong as something powered by fiat like You...Blocked? or Royal Guard.
>>
>>48808726
Yea yea, anything that's popular is awful garbage and is the only thing talked about despite all the times it's not. We should all totally talk only about this obscure, confusing and vague setting that almost no one knows.
>>
>>48808737
I don't think either of those are the sort of fiat perfect defenses are, since both rely on the skill of the user to time/block right rather then just being an auto perfect defense. If you want to see a perfect offense/defense, look at Miss Fortune in Sailor Moon. Once a day you can dodge anything or make any attack hit.
>>
>>48808636
We can go around the Drawback by studying books about Boktai World in libraries or such, right...? Still confusing but less than it would be.

I assume the ban just includes the creation of such tech while the tech that was in warehouse still works. Hm
>>
Okay, so I hit a bit of a wall with the fluff on Fifth Element, so I figure as now is as good a time as any to post a WIP for people to pick apart.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajCSt1IwBTvKehm_n68GtdZEHE9Plu6Yxi18GptV9P4/edit?usp=sharing

I'm posting both the Google Documents link as well as a PDF so people can respond wherever they feel so inclined.

I'm particularly interested in suggestions for the Drop-In and Priest 400 CP Perks, but I'll be willing to listen to any suggestions right now. The Item section could use some buffing, but I'm honestly racking my brain for anything relevant from the movie.

Also, please excuse the Items and Drawbacks being out of cost order. This will be fixed.
>>
>>48808649
But do the items disappear in your chains or not when they go into stasis
>>
>>48808692
...So all the Mary Sue fanfic where they give their self-insert from Harry Potter Bankai and Chakra aren't actually Mary Sue, because they establish that the characters are more powerful for a reason?

Yeah, you're dumb as dry toast and half as palatable.
>>
>>48808734
At least we somewhat worked towards it instead of being the child of both Snape and Dumbledore.
>>
>>48808744
Well, you're not wrong.
>>
>>48808774
No. No we didn't. We got handed free superpowers by a random omnipotent being. We don't even have to keep her entertained because people shrieked until that requirement got dropped.
>>
>>48808771
Not that anon but I think having power isn't what makes a Mary Sue a Mary Sue. It's the combination of lack of character depth and terrible narrative, lack of good explanations
>>
>>48808737
It's theoretically possible to penetrate both of those though; they're both contingent on your skill with eiher magic or swords. The thing about PDs is they automatically succeed regardless of actual effort.
>>
>>48808784
Oh, it's you.
>>
>>48808790
You keep saying that, but that doesn't make it true. Just accept that jumpers are mary sues already.
>>
>>48808784
Where is the "we" coming from?
>>
>>48808798
GLaDOS go and stay go
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg (158KB, 688x729px)
Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg
158KB, 688x729px
>>48808461
> Void Shiki's ultimate destruction powers came from her Origin, not just her eyes.
To be fair Jumpers can chose their Origin.Multiple times if I'm remembering right.
> I don't see how you can reasonably claim to be equivalent to them.
I understand your opinion.
>There is nothing in the Smiteverse anywhere near Exalted in conceptual primacy.
True. However the big question is the fact that some of the perks are simply better than anything in-universe by Perk Fiat, which was the point of the conversation.
Perk Fiat works by just doing an end-around on physics and other stuff and just being a rule. If you have an 'It Breaks' Perk, It Breaks.
As a rule Autobot builds TOUGH, the Clay Man is the origin of humanity and Jadeborn and he was ripped open and used as a template for all human life in Creation before being thrown into pit. He's regenerating in the last book I read and it's been two or three thousand years.

>>48808714
It is a bit vague. I'd like to say that it's basically always a good/nearly the best choice of defense, but you'd need the Jumpmaker to make that quantification.

>>48808737
There's this as well. Granted I personally have my own flaws that happen if I ever get perfects but that's just me messing around in my own sandbox.
>>
>>48808798
Who do you think I am, out of curiosity?

>>48808800
This thread. Any time someone suggests that you have to keep the Benefactor entertained and can't just lock yourself in the Warehouse for ten years, the thread rages until they never bring it up again.
>>
>>48808814
>the thread rages until they never bring it up again.

I have NEVER seen this happen.
>>
>anon having to learn the hard way that he was playing mary sue the game all along

absolutely brutal

>>48808807
Not him but IIRC isn't Void explicitly banned as an Origin in that jump?
>>
>>48808784
The reasoning there is that our benefactor is a weirdo that is entertained in some capacity no matter what we end up doing, hence shoving us in a lot of mundane vacation settings.
>>
>>48808790
I'm sorry, but when you're loading your self-insert up with superpowers that blatantly violate setting canon and let you crush any obstacle while yawning, you're a Sue. The fact that you've spin a story about muh benefactor doesn't change it. This is a Mary Sue megacrossover CYOA, and you're deep in denial.
>>
>>48808726
You aren't even reading my posts anymore, you're just arguing against something other than what I typed now, why did I even fucking bother.
>>
>>48808754
I guess, I was mainly referring to the fact that, much like Shehai, it's completely illogical to assume that Perfection will work against ANYTHING. Perfection can, by rules and supported by canon examples like the Primordial War, stop anything from Exalted. That doesn't mean you can no-sell Lucifer or Yog-Sothoth, considering how hilariously above Exalted those characters (along with a shitton of other settings in jc) are in power. Whereas You...Blocked? and the Sailor Moon perk could, as long as you see that shit coming.
>>
>>48808830
It really isn't. This is anon arguing futilely that jumpers are mary sues for the umpteenth time because his hate boner of jumpchain is still hard.
>>
>>48808814
>Who do you think I am
Sir Bitchesaboutthethreadalot. Feel free to leave this aweful place any time now.
>>
>>48808827
So you're alright with there being a rule that if you're not entertaining enough you lose and get sent home?
>>
>>48808857
I think that's you, my good man. You don't like my posts, maybe you should leave.
>>
>>48808764

I'unno, fanwank it.
You're a grown-ass adult aren't ya?
>>
>>48808843
>anyone that disagrees with my assertions without real basis is deep in denial and wrong no matter how much much better their argument is
I stand corrected. My jumper isn't a mary sue, but yours probably is with an attitude like that.
>>
>>48808861
Most people are. The point you can't understand is that there's more then one way of being entertaining. Some people love watching stuff like The Gamer, where it's little more then the main character training and getting stronger for a hundred chapters. Or like watching slice of life anime where nothing much of consequence happens.
>>
>>48808830
Yep but not the others in which you can get them.

>>48808835
Personally I just go the direction the thread sends me. Literally I don't decide where I go from Jump to Jump the thread does.
>>
>>48808871
Buzz buzz buzz little bee.
>>
>>48808793
In Exalted. Unless Perfection is being backed up by fiat the way perks are, there's no reason to assume that's the case in the rest of the chain.
>>
>>48808879
Don't like it, fuck off. Jumpers are mary sues, deal with it.
>>
>>48808881
Cool. Let's codify that in the Thread Rules. You must be entertaining to the benefactor or you go home.
>>
>>48808872
I dunno, Am I?
>>
>>48808892
You aren't the thread. You have no authority to make any rules here.
>>
>>48808892
Great. My benefactor enjoys watching a slow, peaceful slice of life and is completely fine with me slowly taking my time and discovering things at a calm pace. Like Mushishi or something.
>>
>>48808636
It says we can't take Will of the Galaxy as immortal. What if we imported a companion as immortal?

...and I just realized that Will of the Galaxy is Antispiral
>>
>>48808879
No, your Jumper is absolutely a Mary Sue. Nothing wrong with it, that's the CYOA's premise. Just admit who you are and be happy.
>>
Jumpers, how and when do you break it to your new companions that you are, actually, a Jumper?

Captcha, my keyboard doesn't write hieroglyphs
>>
Man, going by the threads definition of mary sue, wouldn't that make basically any character in all of fiction a mary sue?
>>
>>48808757
Why do people keep posting WIPs in the middle of an argument?
>>
>>48808929
You speak as though that wasn't already thread consensus. Every character in ever setting at all is a mary sue, especially jumpers, get with the times.
>>
>>48808929
How so?
>>
>>48808757
This is great!

>Drop-In 400CP
Something about the Divine Language, maybe? Having a fourth voice perk would be ridiculous enough to be awesome.
>>
>>48808939
When are we not in the middle of an argument?
>>
>>48808807
>Clay Man
>Jadeborn
Who?
>>
>>48808929
Going by threads defintion, Bella Swan of Twilight is not a mary sue until the last book.
>>
>>48808757
Does 'She's Learning Our History' only apply to academic skills, or is it a general learning boost (applying to martial arts/magic etc.)?
>>
I don't understand Pile Driver item.

It is free to any human origin person. That's all origins except for Immortal. Including Solar Child who gets a discount. What's free discounted?
>>
>>48808927
In my first chain anytime we got a new companion we would go to a vacation jump. It gave them a chance to get used to a new world in a more peaceful environment than a regular jump.
Vacation jumps also tend to be good places to start training in skills they might need in harsher worlds.
Sadly with rolling that is no longer an option so now it's pretty much trying to find a bit of calm amid the chaos to let them get used to the concept of being in a new world.
>>
>>48808757
>Priest 400CP
A conversion perk? Something about forgiveness, redemption, etc.
>>
>>48808949
Having power or being powerful, whether you earned it, were born with it, or whatever makes you a mary sue. Being liked, whether you earned it, have it as a power, or whatever, also makes you a mary sue. Any self insert s a mary sue, whether the previous statements hold true or not. Whether or not you have a valid, sensible explanation for any of the previously stated, also is irrelevant to whether or not you are a may sue.
>>
>>48808949
He's bait.

It's kinda weird that the jumpchain hating shitposter REALLY hates the idea of us being Mary Sues. It's really contradictory.
>>
>>48808879
You say that like it's supposed to be an insult.
>>
>>48809005
That is all true.

Nice to see you finally catching on.
>>
>>48808939
I'm... sorry. I just woke up and have the whole day off to work on it. I didn't read much of the thread first.

I suppose I should have read the room a little better, but there's room for both an argument and a WIP. Especially with the Google Docs link.

>>48808955
I appreciate the support. Hesitant to put a fourth voice perk in, although I agree it would be enough to pass ridiculous and become mildly awesome.

Bards are going to /love/ this Jump.

I will think about it. I almost put "She's Learning Our History..." at 400 and made the Drop-In Capstone something about being able to channel Divine Light. Except it's never clearly stated that it has any power outside of the one, specific, use in the film.

>>48808973
It's a general learning boost. Considering Lelu learns martial arts from watching it on a computer screen, I think this is pretty fair. Also why I thought it deserved the cost it did.

>>48809000
... I think I must obey you simply due to the rules of 4chan in general.

Kidding. I actually rather like that idea. I'll think on it. Thank you.
>>
>>48809024
I'm pretty sure the only people who aren't baiting here are the people who insist that we aren't mary sues though.
>>
Guys, by paying as much attention to the shitposter as you are actual jumps, you're helping him kill jumpchain. Just ignore him and focus on the jumps that are being posted.
>>
>>48808970
She's not a Mary Sue though.
She's just a super shitty character.
>>
>>48809005
Ah, you're just salty your donut steel got called out. Got it.
>>
>>48809005
Being born makes you a Mary Sue. There was like a 0.1% that the sperm containing your DNA and not all the other cells would impregnate your mom and combine in exact manner to form you? I call bullshit on that. That's inprobable
>>
>>48809043
Anon, the person you're responding to is, in fact, trolling.
>>
>>48809051
>Bella Swan is not a mary sue
You heard it here first folks.
>>
>>48809064
Pretty sure I heard it from a Twilight Fan with tear-streaked eyeshadow first.
>>
>>48809070
Point.
>>
God, this stupid argument again? And they've both already resorted to calling each other bait.
>>
>>48809036
>I'm... sorry.
Don't be. Really. There's ALWAYS room for a jump.

>Thank you.
No problem. Glad to have you here.
>>
File: WWE draft 4.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
WWE draft 4.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48805880
>>48805905

Yeah, this type of stuff is pretty much exactly why I put that in there.

So, here's the next draft. Added a few more equipment and perks, just need to close out the heel, face, and drop-in equipment trees, add some flavor text, and then... I'm not sure there'll be much left.
>>
>>48809074
I mean, the people arguing that jumpers are mary sues are baiting though.
>>
>>48809095
And the people responding to them are biting. If you think it's bait, don't respond to it.
>>
>>48808983

It's free for that jump but I think about 600 to keep? Either 600 to keep it or 600 for an improved version, and Solar Child discounts that
>>
>>48808485
What?
>>
>>48809093
Time to get JOHN CENA!

https://youtu.be/elsCIYag1OU
>>
>>48809093
Why is this jump so extremely high powered?
>>
>>48808927
My companions are usually OC's, like (___) and Silica but the others get told after around three years. It's enough time to get to know the person and I only reveal who I am to others If I'm going to invite them on the Chain.

>>48808961
The Jadeborn and Clay Man aren't really well known but they're a part of the first and second edition Exalted. The Jadeborn are basically stone people who live beneath the ground because reasons and they also fight terrors that no else has even freaking seen. The Clay Man is one of Autobot's inventions that the other Primordials used, which royally screwed the Clay Man over and pissed Autobot right the hell off.
Scrolls of the Fallen Races: The Mountainfolk I believe is where most of this lore is coming from.
>>
>>48809111
Indeed. It's kind of unclear
>>
>>48809093
Becoming a massive edgelord for only a half-again boost seems kind of... lackluster? Maybe leave it vague, and change it to an 'enormous/massive' boost. And outside of WWE, where is the 'ring' that you must sacrifice the bird?
>>
>>48809122
I... I'm not entirely sure what you mean anon. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>48809093
>If you should gain the wealth of the top .01% in whatever setting you're in, your powers would be increased tenfold

You've got to be fucking kidding. x10 boost to all powers for something pathetically easy even just with stuff in this jump, much less a half dozen jumps anywhere. Go through and remove the multipliers from this. You're making a WWE jump, you can have some crazy stuff, but it should not be giving out huge multipliers to all your powers.
>>
>>48809134
I'll probably do that rephrasing. And I'll clarify as to where the "ring" should be- ideally, you do it right before a highly public fight.
>>
>>48808927
>Right. So. Are you familiar with the concept of the multiverse? No? Well, imagine a tree..."
>>
>>48809147
Right, I'll change that to "A massive boost", like with the other one.
>>
>>48809036
It's partially frustration at you being ignored and a method of calling attention to you so people will reply.
>>
>>48809139
It's filled with multipliers to abilities for no reason. Most of the abilities have notes that they work on anything regardless of how little sense that is. Why does a 200cp perk make an omnipotent being like Azathoth shocked? Or for that matter why is it Azathoth whose asleep? It feels like you just throw in names you hear are high powered to make the perks seem more impressive.
>>
>>48809189
You're right, I'll change that from being "shocked" to "they'll allow you to finish, and are much more likely to be highly impressed."
>>
>>48809167
I think you should remove the bit about it boosting all your powers. That has no place in WWE. Same with do it for the fans. It's worth so much more then the perks above them or on other perk lines.
>>
>>48809113
I fucked up and now I'm going to shitty class completion percentage and owe the school like $300. Technically the only way out of this is to get picked up and go to Pokemon. Not happening obviously, but I was having a freakout and just ended up venting, more or less.
>>
>>48809093
This is... The dumbest shit I've ever seen in a halfway competent Jump. 100 CP for "everyone ever likes you"? "Summon John Mema and he can take down an Elder God for you"? Oh, and nothing that lets you actually be better at wrestling.

Good job. You've really captured the spirit of the WWE.
>>
>tfw i need 200 cp more to get everything I need
>tfw 3 perks (perks and an item) I need are from 3 different backgrounds

Do Psi Disruptors exist in Starcraft-Verse? I need one, or at least the technology.
>>
>>48809208
True, I'll keep it on physical strength.

>>48809219
>100 CP for "everyone ever likes you"?

Yeah, I'll dial that down a bit, make it so that only good-aligned characters are really sympathetic.

>"Summon John Mema and he can take down an Elder God for you"

More like delays them for a week.

>Good job. You've really captured the spirit of the WWE.

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic here.

And I'm almost sad that no one is ragging on the drawbacks the same way as they are the perks, which is a shame because I put more effort into them and I'd hate to see them left out.
>>
>>48809263
Oh no, I'm serious. Halfway through raging I had a moment of clarity, and I realized that this Jump is the platonic ideal of the WWE. By being so terrible, it represents its setting perfectly in a way no WWE Jump with good perks possibly could. You've touched the face of God, anon.
>>
>>48809205
>Rutherford B. Hayes, Bitch!
What does this do? It's very unclear.

>He's got the whole wide jumpchain, in his hands…-
Change this to be making you a lot scarier. Scaring any opponent no matter who is way too good for a mid priced perk in a low powered jump.

>Gimme a chair
An ability that lets you end any fight on both sides and guarantee that both sides are hurt bad enough to need recovery time? Again, why are you putting infintiely scaling perks like this into what should be mostly low powered fun stuff jump? Not to mention it's ripe for just having people come and murder anyone after you weakened them instantly.

>Make a wish
Just no man. This is way too strong for a 100cp perk. Did you even think about this one?

>Do It For the Fans
>Your powers are multiplied dramatically by the amount of fans you have and how much they're rooting for you.
No.

>Jumpertropolis
Again, this seems far too good and over the top for this jump.

Contd
>>
>>48809294
>By being so terrible, it represents its setting perfectly in a way no WWE Jump with good perks possibly could. You've touched the face of God, anon.

Well, thanks anon.

I'm going to nerf the Make a wish perk, like you said, but john mema stays in. Anything else you'd like to point out?
>>
>>48809326
Well, aside from the fact that your Drop-In capstone is the rapiest perk since Save States, I'm not sure what else to add.
>>
>>48809296
>What does this do? It's very unclear.

Makes you better at games of wit, and allows you to, if you're winning, end them through violence. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgbrRSf40Y

>Change this to be making you a lot scarier. Scaring any opponent no matter who is way too good for a mid priced perk in a low powered jump.

True, that'll be nerfed, just like the entrance perk for Heels, to make them more likely to be shocked, and definitely giving you time to finish.

>An ability that lets you end any fight on both sides and guarantee that both sides are hurt bad enough to need recovery time?

Yeah, that was meant to be once per jump. Thought that was balanced, but I'm thinking I'll tone it down.

>No.

Yeah, I'll restrict that to physical strength.

>Again, this seems far too good and over the top for this jump.

Thought it was a good charisma perk. Haven't heard many other concerns, but I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>48809205
>>48809296

>DoDoDo-Doooo
If you're going to keep this ridiculous piece of shit, you need to clarify how they're kept down for a week. Otherwise people can just kill them while they're weak with ease after using this dumbass perk to instant defeat them.

>Now THAT's an entrance
Already been discussed by others. It's painfully clear this is your first jump with how many scaling perks you shoved in.

>Love to Hate
>If fully nurtured, billion dollar companies could be sustained solely off of the income from your
edge.
This makes no sense and is wildly out of level with the power of the rest of the perk and the other 400cp perks. There's something very wrong when you're 400cp perk's side power lets you easily get your 800cp item from another origin.

>The Jumpertaker
As discussed before, boosting every power you have by half is too much and doesn't fit well.

>Beatings will continue until morale improves
Too good for a 100cp perk in a low power jump. You need to completely rewrite this. Make it something that lets you get away with acting like an asshole (TO AN EXTENT, don't make it some bullshit 600cp effect) to your employees.

>Billionarie Bitchslap
Been discussed. I honestly cannot believe you even put this in here. It's one of the most broken perks I've ever seen in a jump, even including things like the second Babylon jump in SB.

Contd
>>
>>48809412
>Thought it was a good charisma perk. Haven't heard many other concerns, but I'll keep it in mind.
Far as I've seen, you've seen no other comments on it. Ask yourself (Or someone who can balance a jump properly) does it fit the feats in setting and is it balanced with the other perks on that price? To my eyes, it's neither.
>>
>>48809404
I tried to keep that down with the "once per enemy" restriction, so you could only foil, say, Light Yagami in this fashion once before needing to actually out-keikaku him.
>>
>>48809404
Go away tumblr.
>>
>>48809444
But you can just tell him "Follow my every order forever" and it doesn't matter if you can only do it once.
>>
>>48809441
Well, it was meant to be an analogue to the Cenation. And in a universe where everything about the WWE is real, wouldn't that make the Cenation an actual nation?
>>
>>48809263
Who needs superpowers? is neat.
What's the reference with the Realm of the Dragon?
Does a New Age shut down your charisma perks and the like. Cause that'd be easy money otherwise.
Won't lie Trump This made me laugh.
>>
>>48809463
Yeah, I should say that you are only allowed to make him do one thing, and that the effect wears off after 2 hours or something like that.
>>
>>48809481
That's kind of garbage for 800 cp.
>>
>>48809458
I'm not /tumblr/ and I'm not complaining. I can challenge anyone I want to a fight, and they have to do anything I say when I win, and they can't refuse? Jackpot!
>>
>>48809500
You were pointing it out as a point of criticism, when rape isn't even implied in the perk text. Unless you think that any good charisma or mind control perks are also incredibly rapey.
>>
>>48809520
You can make them do anything if you win. Except die.
>>
>>48809475
>Does a New Age shut down your charisma perks and the like. Cause that'd be easy money otherwise.

I should make it do that, that's a good idea.

>What's the reference with the Realm of the Dragon?

An anon told me about a wrestler in another franchise who was fluffed to eat the souls of his opponents, and when someone questioned it they turned the lights off and brought out a bunch of guys in glow-in-the-dark costumes that said "we are the souls of the opponents of generic asian wrassler fear him", so I fluffed it up a bit and put it in.

So in sum, "some anon came up with it".

>>48809493
Really? It allows you to cut through any amount of detective work. If you're in Fallout New Vegas, let's say (I don't know if we have a jump for it, but it's a bit of hypothetical.) You could demand Mr. House to reveal all his plans to you after one wrestling match with his dessicated corpse. Honestly, I'm concerned that it's OP.

>>48809520
Thanks, I'll have to get rid of that.
>>
>>48809422
>Chairmans Office
More absolute effects. Just make the office make you a lot more charismatic and cunning/wily instead of automatically making every deal and meeting go good for you no matter who is on the other side.

>Drawbacks
Why is there no drawback limit?

>Little Hulkster
Not really worth 100cp. All the other 100cp drawbacks are actually quite unpleasant no matter who you are, this one doesn't really do anything if you don't mind not having sex for a few years and even then it's not like you can't please partners in other ways. I'd say to just nix this one.

>Play His Theme
Doesn't seem much worse then the 100cp Hated drawback, why does it give more cp? Does the extra give you more points? Why, especially when by the text of the first part, his misery should be something you enjoy?

Rest of the drawbacks are all pretty neat and imaginative, congrats.
>>
>>48809532
So? You can do the same with Aschente from NGNL. And strong charisma perks have the same effect of making people do whatever you like.
>>
>>48809542
Get rid of what?
>>
>>48809542
>Concerned that it's OP
IT IS. Horrifically. You can make anyone who isn't physically powerful enough do anything you want, even if just for two hours. Combo it with something like Aschente and you just tell everyone to make deals with you that do shit like give you all their powers or serve you forever.
>>
>>48809549
They can refuse a challenge made with Aschente, and they get to put up stakes of their own. This perk doesn't give them the ability to control any aspect of it.
>>
>>48809549
Aschente doesn't absolutely force anyone into playing against you even if they know they'd lose for certain.
>>
>>48809575
Literally interjump balance. And Aschente isn't an 800 cp capstone, even if that were valid.
>>
>>48809422
>you need to clarify how they're kept down for a week.

True. I'll say that they've been moved beyond your reach to heal and recuperate, and they will be able to come back at you from an angle you won't expect.

>Already been discussed by others.

Yup, toning it down.

>There's something very wrong when you're 400cp perk's side power lets you easily get your 800cp item from another origin.

It was meant to say that it could give you that level of sort of... Anti-charisma, sufficient to give the WWE its income. Actually owning the WWE is another matter.

>As discussed before, boosting every power you have by half is too much and doesn't fit well.

Yeah, gonna just restrict that to a massive boost to physical power.

>Too good for a 100cp perk in a low power jump. You need to completely rewrite this. Make it something that lets you get away with acting like an asshole (TO AN EXTENT, don't make it some bullshit 600cp effect) to your employees.

I'm thinking of rewriting that so that it's still beatings, but it only applies to people that would actually take a lot of shit from their managers to begin with- i.e., corporate servile drone people.

>Been discussed. I honestly cannot believe you even put this in here. It's one of the most broken perks I've ever seen in a jump, even including things like the second Babylon jump in SB.

Making it just a dramatic boost to physical capacity.

>More absolute effects. Just make the office make you a lot more charismatic and cunning/wily instead of automatically making every deal and meeting go good for you no matter who is on the other side.

Probably going to add a line that says "Of course, wily negotiators can get around this." and emphasise that it's not an absolute.

>Why is there no drawback limit?

Yeah, I might make it a 600 CP drawback limit.

>Not really worth 100cp.
True. I could add a line saying you get that as your reputation.

>Doesn't seem much worse then the 100cp

Yeah, I'll probably make it 100 CP.
>>
File: A God I Am.jpg (52KB, 497x800px) Image search: [Google]
A God I Am.jpg
52KB, 497x800px
So. I'm thinking about putting together a Mordheim; City of the Damned Jump does anyone have a previous claim on it?
>>
>>48809575
I'll probably make it so that the effects of it cannot last more than that, nor can the implications of any agreement they make.

>>48809571
>Get rid of what?

The rape implications.
>>
>>48809648
I disagree with the other anon. Given that the source of your power for Jumpertaker is an interdimensional magic demon, boosting ALL of your powers makes sense, especially for the price
>>
>>48808757
On behalf of everyone in the thread who's not an asshole, I'm sorry.
>>
>>48809680
Here's an idea: It boosts physical strength, but it makes everyone accept your powers. You can use any out-of-jump powers, and people will just accept that as part of the demon's contract.
>>
If I give someone out of jump the Terraria Meteor Armor and Rocket Boots, could they use them? The terraria items use mana to activate, and Meteor Armor is supposed to regenerate enough to fly.
>>
>>48809648
>Yeah, I'll probably make it 100 CP.

Actually, I'll probably keep it at 200 CP, but make hated 200 CP. I mean, it makes literally everyone hate you.
>>
>>48809657
Bancho had a pretty dope WIP. Ask him?
>>
>>48809666
There are no rape implications. You shouldn't nerf something just because some people here are triggered by the mere possibility of sex. And I'd suggest you change the pricing of your perks to 1/2/4/6 if you're going to nerf the capstones that badly.
>>
>>48809709
I'm not really nerfing it, just adding the sentence "No, you cannot use this for sexual purposes." That good enough?
>>
>>48809708
Differnt settings.
>>
File: Nachtrapp, Our Savior.png (508KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Nachtrapp, Our Savior.png
508KB, 800x1296px
>>48809708
What he did?

>>48809733
Oh, okay does anyone have dibs or is this mine?
>>
File: 1455907258975-0.jpg (217KB, 896x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1455907258975-0.jpg
217KB, 896x1280px
>>48809692
Tis the nature of the thread. I hold no grudges and assign no anger. I did get a good suggestion for a missing perk out of it at least.

I will try again a little later. For now, I'll go run some errands.

The Google Document will still be open, should anyone want to comment there in my absence. Everyone is capable of commenting by highlighting the text they're interested in talking about, then hitting the Comment button in the upper right hand corner.

For now, have some cats and computers.
>>
>>48809753
>>48809708
>>48809657
it was a different setting ,with a very similar name and it's already up for adoption in the WIP folder
>>
>>48809726
Uh, no? That's not a balance concern, that's you putting an uneccesary limitation on something because of one butthurt anon. It might make sense if it were a Face perk, but for drop in that limit is completely arbitrary. It'd be like if every mind control perk had a clause disallowing rape.
>>
>>48809823
I see where you're coming from here. Alright, fair enough. Wouldn't want to get in the way of someone's rape-themed chain.
>>
>>48809726
It's still a terrible perk idea. You're way too attached to absolute effects.
>>
>>48809855
I mean, it only happens if you WIN, which is never an absolute guarantee.
>>
>>48809753
As far as I know you're good to go. I shall look forward to seeing it.
>>
>>48809863
Against 99% of opponents, it is a guarantee. I'm not talking about once you get to Jumper the Star-Devourer, either. Your average wizard or Megacorp CEO isn't going to be much of a wrestler.
>>
File: 658.jpg (17KB, 400x319px)
658.jpg
17KB, 400x319px
>>48809843
>rape-themed chain
>>
>>48809903
Oh man, you just gave me an idea- Their skills in wrestling will be augmented to be as great as their skills in whatever they are best at. That good enough?
>>
>>48808961
Autobot projects, before humans.

Once Autobot decided that it would be cool to create something sentient. Then he created the Clay Man. The Clay Man looked at his Creator, and sayeth:
- Oh Creator, you gave me life, what should I do with it?
- Dunno lol. Build something or something. Kthx bye.

Because Autobot is not really on the level for long term thinking.

So the Clay Man decided to build, and he took fairy souls imprisoned in the earth when Creation spawned, and created people from them. That's the Jadeborn, who are like dwarves and elves, depending on the caste (they have the mining dwarf, the warrior dwarf, and the asshole elf castes). They are really cool as a race, and have a fucking magiteck empire underground.
>>
>>48809919
That works.
>>
>>48807856
Hey, Anti. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but any background that isn't Drop-In costs 100CP. You are exactly that much over budget.

On the plus side, taking Lunar Blood gives you Hybrid for free, which means you have 1500 Nebulously Aligned Points to spend interchangeably between Arsenal and Monstrous Powers. I'm curious to see what you'll buy with that.
>>
Can an Alchemical Exalted jump work?
>>
>>48810031
No. They are a body built around a soul trapped into a crystal.

So I guess you could, if you're willing to abandon your body, most of your powers/perks, die, trap your soul into a crystal, and hope that it will be used to create an Alchemical Exalted?

Maybe.
>>
>>48810031
There's no reason it couldn't.
>>
>>48810031
Sure. More so than any other kind of exalted, it makes sense at least.
>>
>>48810031
Why would it not work? Bullshit troll's house rules aside.
>>
>>48810063
Well, if you say it like that, I guess it can't be done then.
>>
>>48809903
More like half. And perks aren't supposed to be made with other jumps taken into account. For a capstone it's fine.
>>
I which jump can I met 90 feet tall qtpie?
>>
>>48810101
And yet whenever you make a Jump that doesn't people ignore it because "you can get X from Y which is so much better."
>>
>>48810101
>>48810230
That or people demand you remove canon limitations or demand you increase the power because "X doesn't have that issue so why the fuck is it an issue here?"
>>
>>48810230
Yeah. What's your point? Inter jump balance is a load of garbage.
>>
>>48810063
Sort of like how gems are a solid projections built around a consciousness housed in a crystal? It's a pity a Steven Universe jump would never work because we'd have to give up our bodies, most of our powers and perks and trap our awareness's into a crystal.

Or, being less sarcastic, I could point out alt-forms are a thing and there are plenty of jumps that offer you robot bodies without being as negative as you're being.

Unless you were joking or talking about becoming one in an exalted jump without getting it from the dump doc, in which case ignore me.
>>
>>48810245
Usually X is an in setting or meta example though, so you really don't have any ground to stand on.
>>
>>48810250
Yet so many people are willing to use it whenever they want more of something. You can pretend it's not the case, but when you go "X jump doesn't have this restriction on magic so you have to lift the restriction on Y or you're a shitty jumpmaker", you're using interjump balance.
>>
>>48809704
Just force feed them a star crystal first.
>>
>>48810270
Or you can realize that you're speaking out of your ass and lying for the convenience of your argument. Fuck off.
>>
>>48810063
kind of irrelavent, but Supernatural demons/angels make your consciousness (and therefore powers) tied to your soul.
>>
>>48810250
Just that despite everyone paying lip service to that principle, nobody really believes it. They just use it to argue what they actually want and ignore it when it's inconvenient.
>>
>>48810280
See >>48810292. Maybe you're the one who's lying, trying to cover up how you use it as a double standard.
>>
>>48810281
You could also be a Shinigami or Hollow in Bleach. If you're willing to go there.
>>
>>48810292
Except that's a lie. So, shut up and stop bitching about how much you hate the thread for slights that aren't even real.
>>
>>48809925
Sooo, Jadeborn jump? They and the Dragon Kings look to be the only non-humans that'd work for jumps in the Exalted setting, even most of the stuff that'd be a race in another setting is just a spirit/god/elemental or a human variant brought out by mutation or bestiality (like the Beastmen), and the Fair Folk are a clusterfuck.
>>
>>48810309
>Nuh uh, I can repeat the same lie and call you one, that means I'm totally right!
Classic. Try harder anti-thread shitposter.
>>
>>48810281
What about Pagan Gods?
>>
>>48810321
None of them could work as jumps though because they're all over shadowed so hard by everything else in the setting.
>>
>>48810187
Macross.
Transformers if you're into cogs and shit
>>
>>48810187
Don't know of any, meltrandi aren't that tall.
>>
Considering marvel recently was talked about, I want to say one thing.

Can we all agree that even though the plot, style and designs of Super Hero Squad were terrible, the Hero Up song is catchy?
>>
>>48810321
>Fair Folk Jump
>>
>>48810366
Nice bait. I bet you didn't even know Jadeborn have an Exalted equivalent.
>>
>>48810355
They're in a total of like- 4 episodes.

Largely it's a drop in option compared to angel or demon.
>>
>>48810355
>Being one of those chumps
>>
>>48810404
>>48810412
I just wanna know the soul interactions.

And demons suck and angels are, well, I didn't like the perks that jump for them.
>>
>>48810334
So instead of trying to prove your point, you want to scream at everyone and call anyone who disagrees with you a shitposter. Classic.

Let's use an example then. Remember all that hub hub with those robots in Warframe? The super-adaptive ones? The jumpmaker got shat on hard for hard capping them, because everyone kept saying it's "interjump balance" and how there's other things more powerful out there, so naturally it should be allowed. Yet when we got that one guy who was making a Mage Ascension jump, people kept screaming to remove Paradox because... most magic systems don't possess it, and so to balance it with other magics, it should be removed.

See where I'm going with this? But hey, if you want to keep shitting on the chess board and keep screaming how you won because everyone except you is a shitposter, little pigeon, you do you.
>>
>>48810398
Anon, no. They're basically the same as the ones from Changeling only they have a weakness to reality
>>
Don't feed it.
>>
>>48810449
You be quiet, candelabras don't get a vote.
>>
>>48810321
Fallen Races would be awesome. The Ten Paths and the Dark Paths would be awesome to see translated into Perks/Drawbacks. The Great Geas would be a bitch, but hey you could just decide to say fuck the surface and just rebuild the Jadeborn's old fortress city network. It'd take some doing but I'm sure a jumper could do it.
>>
>>48810497
But Keeper we were pretending to be senators yesterday.
>>
>>48810426
I just assume they get all of their racial abilities and the corresponding perks would further boost them. So an angel or Demon would be naturally superhuman and have telekinesis and immortality, but taking those perks would be a big boost for it.

Otherwise it's stupid and a huge ripoff.
>>
>>48810426
That's the thing, it doesn't define what they are, apart from 'gods that are bitter because Christianity took all their worshippers' If they canonically have a soul is unknown. It's the 'something else entirely' option.

Angels' appeal is more in the background than the perks themselves. They're pretty bullshit. Though Demons, while lacking the raw power, are a bit more versatile due to a lack of government (apart from 'im bigger') as well as unrestricted possession.
>>
>>48810514
At this point what difference does it make!?
>>
>>48810390
You mean this?
https://youtu.be/H2mO_jb3E8E
>>
>>48810552
>>48810426
Oh the show also doesn't even say if they have souls.
>>
>>48810366
So? I still want a Heroic Mortal Jump.
>>
File: 1439006723436.jpg (53KB, 846x846px)
1439006723436.jpg
53KB, 846x846px
>>48810390
I thought super hero squad was based off those silly series of super deforemed hero toys. I didn't mind the show. Nothing particularly bad. And it does show off some obscure [by non comic reader standards] heroes.

Hero up is a pretty catchy tune though.
>>
What are the chances of Iron Man Armored Adventures jump?
>>
>>48810509
I'd just dissolve the Great Geas for you post-jump really.
>>
>>48810554
The background of being servant to god never really appealed personally. I just like the look and at least lip service to benevolence.
>>
>>48810399
>>48810579
At that point, why don you just wank yourself a fucking God or Primordial jump, powerwankers.
>>
>>48810638
There's a perk for that.
>>
>>48810621
God got sick of all that shit and decided to pretend to be a scrawny author. You're pretty much free to do whatever you want if you just disappear and stay off of Heaven's radar.
>>
>>48810552
>>48810554
Why would you assume they get any abilities that aren't listed when one of their basic powers is a capstone and the others are merely discounted?
>>
>>48809093
So, is this a joke jump? I can't tell.
>>
>>48810658
What?
>>
>>48810763
You're a low order of angel, and at the time of writing, smiting had only been seen once.
>>
>>48810771
Real Eater. Turn one jump into another jump.
>>
>>48810821
Fuck off. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>48810821
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 244x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 244x500px
>>48810598
You mean the one with young nerdy Tony Stark and young Mandarin and best girl?
>>
>>48810638
>Try and shitpost about weaker creatures in Exalted.
>Get told off.
>Turn around and bring up 'stronger' ones for no reason.
This is pathetic bait.

Oh btw did you know Terrestrial Gods are actually subordinate to and generally weaker than Celestial Exalted?
>>
>>48810638
I don't know about primordials, but a case can be made for an exalted god jump.
>>
>>48810852
>>48810866
Doesn't matter.
>>
Heavens, can our Lenses or such in Boktai level up?

Can we find the other types of frames and all if we hang around Django starting from Boktai 1?
>>
>>48810894
Neither do you.
>>
>>48810946
o shit u got me there
>>
>>48810946
So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
>>
>>48810946
I'm totally right though. Nothing that isn't an exaltation is relevant or balanced for a jump in exalted, and none of them are getting jumps made of them. Say what you want, I've already won. I'm right, I've always been right, and I will always be right.
>>
Heavens if you're about I got a question about the Why?! drawback in Boktai. If the out of jump stuff is actually part of your body does it explode? I don't mean like fusing a sword into your hand, I mean like your body is a spaceship or a cyborg.
>>
>>48810986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINyQWt4Db4
>>
>>48808757
I know you stepped out for a bit, but I just wanted to say that this is great. You really did a good job of capturing the setting.

Two things:

For "I Love To Sing!" do you get the cool dual-layered voice even if you don't pick their race?

For "Annoying Mother" you may want to relook at that first sentence. Looks like it's missing something.
>>
>>48810986
>horror Jumps should only let us be the monsters
>>
InNomineAnon

If you're out there, can you answer some questions?

What are the mechanics of essence post-jump? Dissonance? Does dissonance still affect you in other forms?

Also, can attunements/songs be used in other forms like resonance can?
>>
>>48811033
Don't bother with bait.
>>
The list in the jump drive on what jumps have stays longer than 10 years is inaccurate, it doesn't account for drawbacks for longer stays. Anyone know which ones those are? I know that imperium and mage at least have this problem.
>>
File: 271.jpg (63KB, 551x758px)
271.jpg
63KB, 551x758px
>>48811033
>Trying to reason with shitposters
>>
>>48811033
Horror jumps should never let us be the monsters. That's my point.
>>
File: Green_Dragon.jpg (41KB, 555x581px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Dragon.jpg
41KB, 555x581px
So what're all the best breath weapon perks?
>>
>>48811083
Mushoku Tensei has breath magic
Skyrim ES has dragonborn
>>
>>48811083
The only one that's a perk and not part of a race that I know of is in Cardcaptor Sakura.
>>
>>48811083
Elona has one that scales with stamina.
>>
>>48811045
Are you talking about the list of all jumps on the drive, because if you are I can add info when I update it next. What's missing?

The column for >10 Years is meant to include any jump that can last longer, whether by drawback, unusual victory conditions or any other reason. It does, however, only contain the information on jumps I either knew about myself or people had pointed out to me.
>>
>>48811083
There's a reasonable one in Killer Instinct.
>>
>>48810763
Because literally every angel has those abilities, and if you don't the original is essentially a waste of 600 CP.
>>
>>48811172
I stated in that post Imperium and mage, both with time extension drawbacks.
>>
>>48810986
Dragon King Paths are really powerful and make an incredible jump.

Jadeborn charms are slightly less powerful, but make so for easy access to magitek and SCIENCE!
>>
>>48811222
You want a free blowjob with that too?
>>
>>48811222
Then don't take that origin. It sounds like a shitty value proposition.
>>
>>48811286
No, I'm willing to pay cold, hard CP for it.
>>
>>48811172
Also, Etrian Odyssey has a drawback that extends the stay literally indefinitely.
>>
File: WWE draft 5.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
WWE draft 5.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48810770
Nope, there's humor but the jump itself isn't a joke.

Speaking of- Next WIP draft right here. Feedback appreciated, as always.
>>
OK, here's the new-and-improved Age Of Wonders jump, now with 100% more cruddy backgrounds and portraits and such! Let me know if anything needs changing.
>>
>>48811517
Changelog?
>>
>>48811468
I don't get why this jump references so much other material. I legit can't remember anyone in the WWE wrestling an Elder God or something along those lines. I get the humor and you want this to be full of spicy memes, but this just seems stupid OP. Maybe if those perks were aimed at something you could be called a peer of, okay, but the fact that you're saying that a jumper could just call out anything and it must, full stop, obey?

Like I said, I get the joke and the memes, but this just seems too wanky.
>>
>>48811545
Apart from images, it's only some minor description updates and the like so things are more clear. Mechanics wise nothing's really changed so any perks that were OP or useless will still be.
>>
>>48811517
Can 'sphere rank' be increased with training/post-jump, or are you stuck with what you buy with CP?
>>
Reading the Exalted lore, Autochton is really a huge pushover. The Gods are just "Do this do that we need help Autochton pls" over every little thing and he does it too.
>>
>>48811468
Please see >>48811546

The Mucha Lucha has some supernatural stuff in it, but that's because there's tons of media about Luchas battling ghosts, vampires, and zombies. There is no real history of WWE doing shit like that. Like, there isn't a history of WWE cartoons and movies that the fans get into that involves WWE characters battling aliens, Lovecraftian things, and whatever else. I would understand some type of memetic perk(s), but this just seems way too much.
>>
>>48811585
There's a bunch of notes at the end to clarify things. You can learn most things over time including the spheres, you'll just never be as good at AoW magic as you would be if you got them with CP. Still limited to 4 per element and 7 total though, so no increase past that.
>>
>>48811546
That's a capstone. And it references those other things to talk about how it works out of jump.
>>
>>48811633
As I said, pretty much all of that is about out-of-jump stuff, except for the jumpertaker and bathrobe of doom, which are based off of the undertaker being a satanist in the fluff, and the higher power, respectively.
>>
>>48811602
He's also straight up the most overpowered thing in the whole setting.
>>
>>48811639
>>48811664
It's still weirdly OP and doesn't really make sense. I mean, it's your jump so you do what you want, but it's weird that a WWE jump is handing out something that lets you call out Lovecraftian beings, and capital G gods. Capstone or no that's just weird given the source material.
>>
>>48811681
Shouldn't he technically have a peer in Gaia?
>>
>>48811713
You clearly haven't seen the WWE in action.
>>
>>48811639
>That's a capstone.
In a setting where the most powerful force you're going to actually face is a guy in boxers.
>>
>>48811788
Right. So clearly you aren't interested in feedback. Carry on then.
>>
>>48811713
Challenging opponents to a one-on-one battle, with specific parameters doesn't seem that OP to me.

And another guy compared it to a 200 CP dodgeball from the dodgeball jump- if you strike an opponent with it, any conflict will cease, and the matter will be settled with dodgeballs.

You'll also note just how many restrictions I gave- It gives physical buffs to your opponents, the duration is limited, and you most importantly can only do it once per jump.

>>48811808
Yeah, but this is a setting where one of the most important things you need to have is plot armor. I thought it was a pretty important thing, and I've tried to nerf it as people have said.

And also, things are buffed in this version. Think '80s action movies, the undertaker is a legitimate satanist, with according buffs.

>>48811818
Different guy bro.
>>
>>48811788
When did stone cold suplex ctulhu? I feel like the news should have mentioned it.
>>
>>48811818
Different guy. The point stands though. Look up that one match where they brought God into the ring.

It's stupid as hell, but that's the WWE.
>>
>>48811871
I honestly wouldn't be surprised (that much) if they did something like that down the line. Give it time anon.
>>
>>48811847
>and you most importantly can only do it once per jump.

Right, sorry, meant once per opponent.
Thread posts: 443
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.