[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadowrun and Unprofessional Behaviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 37

File: sexual-harassment-624x431.jpg (44KB, 624x431px) Image search: [Google]
sexual-harassment-624x431.jpg
44KB, 624x431px
If the Shadowrun world is a near-future megacorporate dystopia, what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace? Since corporations are above national law and have near-complete control over information and media, and have near-absolute leverage over their employees, what way is there to stop harassment unless someone higher up notices and takes offense? Not to mention any SINless employees who are practically being paid under the table and are completely replaceable if they say no.

True, it's not like they'd make that public policy (unless it was some weird C-list company with a niche brand), but they could absolutely cover it up and other corporations are unlikely to do anything about it unless it hurts their bottom line. You could argue that a corporation where abuse is rampant would not compete as effectively but lots of what corporations do are effectively luxuries and perks for their high-level members - if they were dispassionate efficiency machines the executives would live like monks. Basically what's keeping Shadowrun from regressing back to a 50s-style work environment?
>>
Unlike the 1950s, Shadowrun deterrents include boob machine guns, and dispute resolution can involve cyborg mercenaries who will accept cash from a woman.
>>
File: 1461611407092.png (865KB, 859x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1461611407092.png
865KB, 859x1214px
>>48801581
90 percent of white collar work can and will be done by computers in the future. Sucking dick might be just about the only thing you need a human for in an office setting.
>>
>>48801581
>Since corporations are above national law
Courts are not a place of state vs. corp, it's a place of corp vs. corp, and there are lawyer corps that handle both sides of sexual harassment lawsuits.
>>
>>48801581
>what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace?
Having reasonable alternatives which don't get you in legal trouble, can be done at work, require minimal effort on your part and are done with far prettier people.
>>
>>48801581
Some Corps will have internal mechanisms to cut down on that shit (most likely Horizon). Others won't.

Either way, that shit's boring unless it's the subject of a run (harassed middle manager's sick of giving under the table performance reviews, solve the problem), so who gives a fuck?
>>
>>48801581
Why would you fuck your kinda dumpy subordinate Susan when you can boot up a rig and fuck the top 30 supermodels all at once. Hell, there's also bunraku joints
>>
>>48801581
It's in their best interest to crack down on it so rival groups don't poach their workers or have an in for convincing people to go for corporate espionage.

One of the ways they'd probably crack down on it is prostitutes. It's cheaper than seminars and having to suspend people.
>>
>>48801581
>implying the corporate world in cyberpunk campaigns wouldn't resemble this /gif/ thread: >>>/gif/9067238
With that said, I find your thread disgusting and distasteful. The idea that anybody should ever play Shadowrun is completely unacceptable.
>>
File: 1389668127520.jpg (475KB, 780x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1389668127520.jpg
475KB, 780x1470px
The simple answer is that there probably are none. Managers can, and regularly do, screw their subordinates. There doesn't have to actually BE anything preventing it, this is a dystopian future, you can take a little rape now and then.
>>
>>48801581
Most men might take a little pause to consider
>"What if she's a magic user who can make me bite my own dick off?"
>>
This is a problem with literally every organization without extensive oversight. So, yeah, sexual harassment and abuse is probably fairly common.

Probably not even going to come up. The life of a wage slave is not your life. Even the most 50's minded executive will probably think twice about smacking the ass of a deltaware'd up street sammy... no matter how nice the ass might be.
>>
>>48801985
Why would she be working as a low-paying junior accountant if she could use magic

Mages get all kinds of special treatment from corps
>>
>>48801766
Man the damn President of the United States had sex with Monica Lewinsky the intern, and half of Congress sleeps with their secretaries. There's something about close proximity and power.
>>
>>48802299
Prostitution is illegal in america though, so they don't have the "reasonable alternatives which don't get you in legal trouble"
>>
>>48802299
Power is an aphrodisiac. To those that have it, and to those that are near it.
>>
File: Shadowrunner_Day_Job.jpg (100KB, 540x459px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrunner_Day_Job.jpg
100KB, 540x459px
>>48801581
> what way is there to stop harassment
Corps have their own laws, and they may or may not have serious HR strategies to tamp this stuff down. Harassment can be very costly in terms of liability, productivity, culture, and PR issues. So they may really be interested in firing anyone who seems to be doing that.

Unlike the 1950's, the boss has a lot of good options for getting laid: Prostitution is legal basically everywhere. He can already get his needs served, regardless of how weird they are. It's also a lot less risky to just pay a whore to get your genitals wet.

And yeah, it's a dystopia. Although at the same time, a lot of social justice stuff seems to have advanced further. 2075 may have fewer social obstacles to reporting creepy bosses; put the evidence up on the matrix, report it to some news organizations, and place bets on how long it takes for him to get sacked.

Victims of harassment might also get a good amount of hush-money too, if they threaten to report it to news agencies and whatnot. Most companies don't like having to pay out that much.

>>48801729
>Unlike the 1950s, Shadowrun deterrents include boob machine guns, and dispute resolution can involve cyborg mercenaries who will accept cash from a woman.

The 5th edition book also makes a point that most people carry weapons and light armor (there's even armor-clothing and armored suits), mainly to help fend off common threats like gangers and devil rats.
>>
>>48802646
Kind of off topic, but the question is inspired by that pic... would the megacorps be willing to tolerate someone who snubbed their corporate culture if they were very talented at their role? Say like a rigger or a mage?
>>
>>48802737

Seeing as Coprorations in Shadowrun are literally countries and governments of their own I imagine that wouldn't, but then again that depends on how close to the source they are:

Is it a company owned by the Hypercorp? Then they wouldn't be under direct supervision and it's up to the descretion of the boss to deal with the employee.

Are you directly a corporate citizen of [insert hypercorp here] I imagine if it's bad enough they could strip your citizenship and fire you.
>>
>>48802790
Seems weirdly counter-productive to me. I mean, one of the best in their field and you wanna can em because they roll their eyes at your 'for the team!/corp is family!' bullshit.

Seems like your competitors would love to snap them up.
>>
>>48802537
>Prostitution is illegal in america though
We're talking about the Shadowrun setting.
>>
>>48802911
Please read the comment I'm replying to, you piece of barely literate street trash
>>
>>48802889

Maybe, but that depends on the priorities of the Corp and whether or not it affects their bottom line.

If their skills are that good/important they might not interact with the regular company and simply be their own thing where they can snub the corporate culture at whim as long as they do what they are payed to do. This is the sort of shit you'd see a wage slave do and get away with it especially when you have people whoa re invested in the corporate culture for whatever reason.

Then again, if you're that good and that valuable why shackle yourself to a single corp?
>>
>>48802889
Yes, and it sounds like that employee doesn't give a shit about the Company Kool-Aid, and thus has zero loyalty to your organization. If someone isn't invested in the corp's culture, what's to stop them from simply getting themselves extracted for another corp that's willing to pay them more, or simply selling corporate secrets?
>>
>>48802737
>would the megacorps be willing to tolerate someone who snubbed their corporate culture if they were very talented at their role?
That happens all the time IRL. There's a popular saying: "talent justifies eccentricity".

Even without loads of talent, a lot of companies are having less strict dress codes. I was interviewed last month by a woman who had visible tattoos and piercing, and was in quite casual dress. Even some 100+ year old traditional companies are starting to move in that direction too.

As for snubbing the culture, any company has to accept some degree of deviation from their ideals. Every one of those restrictions (i.e. no beards, no piercings, no tats, etc) makes the applicant pool a little smaller, and may make the hiring process a little longer and more expensive. If they go too far with it, they might not have enough suitable applicants to fill all their openings.

Also, it's shadowrun. I'm sure a solid chunk of the workforce looks like she does, if not worse. Some companies may just be happy she shows up every day, isn't an ork (or one of the more disturbing metatypes), and hasn't yet covered herself with cyberdicks.
>>
>>48801729
>>48802646
It's hard to believe the bulk of the wage-slaves are armed and dangerous though, the second amendment and many states' open carry/concealed carry laws means women could be walking around armed to the gills here in the real world and still most regular people are unarmed and even if they were wouldn't be ready to kill someone for feeling them up.

On a similar note, things like HR strategies, hush money and the media/matrix sound more like ways to enable abuse, not counters to it - the deck is stacked heavily in favor of corporate. It's easier to blacklist someone, tar their records and intimidate them than it is to pay them off or replace their more useful superior, and once you get up to the executive level these people are basically medieval-style aristocracy for whom De Sade was just the worst one that went public. I mean shit, Shadowrun corporations are regularly involved in all kinds of crazy stuff like kidnapping, trafficking, experimentation and literal human sacrifice, the CEO's son fucking his secretary and half the mail-room is small potatoes.

Prostitution is already practically legal for the wealthy and powerful in today's world and sexual harassment still goes on just because that's how people like to use their power. Look at Roger Ailes over at Fox and how long he got away with the things he's accused of, he could've easily afforded holidays to sex-tourism countries but when you're powerful you want to exercise that power on your subordinates.
>>
>>48802889
People like that exist in real life. It depends entirely on your job, and your boss.
I worked at one place where there was a slacker girl with a shit attitude, our boss didnt care, until an uppity assistant manager complained to corporate about it. It turned into a total shit show with the chick, manager, abd a few other low level employees getting fired and corporate cracking down on everyone.
My next job, we had one dude who would literally punch in, and then leave. Everyone knew, another guy would go and watch hentai in the bathroom for 30 minutes at a time. No one ever did anything about it.
>>
>>48803062
>>48803054
I'd assume it's mostly going to be low-level employees and nobodies who can get away with being cynical, gormless alternatives. Who cares if the girl manning the convenience store counter can remember the corporate mantra so long as she's there on time. The higher up you go though the more important the corporate culture stuff becomes because the stakes are just generally higher, so you have to be really talented to get away with deviation, like an excellent scientist bucking the dress code or a hotshot salesman keeping it casual in the office with his feet up on the desk.
>>
>>48803146
I did later clarify that I meant 'one of the best in the world' not just Joe Random that got on the honor roll that one time.
>>
>>48802087
But what if it's a delta grade ass?
>>
>>48802737
>Is the job meaningless?
Then no problem. Do the work, and it's not like you're going to get anything marketable to another corp. You're just a nameless wage slave or a StufferShack employee.

>Is the job important?
That's where there's a problem. If you are an Ares lab researcher that doesn't seem to give a shit about how amazing Ares is and how amazing your life at Ares is, what's to keep you from dropping some schematics for that new laser to a rival corp for some cash? What's to keep you from straight up leaving the company, hiring a Johnson to get a team of 'runners paid to extract you and send you to a happy new life at SK? What's to keep you from botching your experiment for months in exchange for several hundred thousand nuyen so that a rival can hit the market first?
>>
>>48803214
A lot of people seem to think I was saying 'insubordinate' when I wasn't.

I was saying irreverent. Someone who doesn't think the corp is all that but still does the job they're hired for at the best of their ability.

I suppose it's my fault for not explicitly saying that.
>>
>>48803205
Then it just depends on how you're bucking the system. Because it doesn't really matter if you're the best in the world if you regularly mime that blowing your brains out would be more enjoyable than being at work, talk about how you're only there for the money, or generally show disrespect to the corp itself.

You can call your manager a shit-for-brains, you can wear non-regulation labcoats, you can smoke in the non-smoking section, you can slap the ass of your secretary and tell her to blow you. But there's a limit to how far you could go with disrespect. Basically, disrespect the rules but not the corp itself.

Because the moment you start disrespecting the corp, your loyalty is going to get called into question.
>>
>>48801819
The fun of ducking your secretary, knowing that's she's doing it all to keep her shitty job. It is the spice that generic beauty you can get dime a dozen doesn't have.
>>
File: rogue-modron.jpg (51KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
rogue-modron.jpg
51KB, 520x600px
>>48801755
>sucking dicking
>something a computer can't do

Have you never heard of a "floppy drive"?
>>
>>48801581
>1:00 AM
>You and your team sneak into the executive offices on the 223rd floor of the skyscraper after arranging to have all the patrols shifted to another floor
>A security guard from the 26th floor has taken advantage of their absence and dragged some nebbish accountant working late nights up to admire the view (and to fuck)

What do you do?
>>
>>48803279
Basically this. Especially when that secretary is dime-a-dozen and was just lucky her father was a wage slave. She's utterly unremarkable aside from a nice set of tits that you paid her to get and a damn fine natural ass. Sure, she can complain to someone higher up the totem pole, but why would anyone give a shit about what she says when you're running the most profitable floor on the arcology? So she has to obey, has to fake a smile and swallow. Because if she doesn't, she's getting tossed out on the street with her kids, and if she's lucky, her husband might follow.

A meatpuppet's fun, but there's no real sense of power over a conscious being. And SimSense only does so much, and no matter how much you tell yourself that steak's delicious, you know it's fake.
>>
>>48803290
>Kill guard
>Rape accountant
>Kill accountant
>Stage it like he raped her and they accidentally killed each other
>>
>>48803290
>Implying there's a decision to be made in this scenario
You blast away the security guard, detain the accountant, and stage a suicide. What, are you going to leave witnesses or unaccounted corpses, drek-for-brains?
>>
>>48803335
There's something kind of funny (but true) about wanting that REAL fake enjoying it. Like you can pay a hooker to pretend to enjoy having sex with you but you can't pay them to struggle to pretend because this isn't where they imagined their life was going and they feel backed into a corner where their only option is to have sex with you and desperately hope you enjoy it enough not to ruin their life.
>>
>>48803410
Someone may be a sadist.
>>
>>48803376
>detain the accountant, and stage a suicide
Do you mean force her to stage her own suicide, or make the security guy's death look like a suicide? I'm not following.
>>
What the fuck is this thread

why would someone even just think about this?
>>
>>48803421
Hey man, sadists are psychologically well-equipped to climb the cutthroat ladder of success that is the Shadowrun world. They've got the will to power that regular people can't muster, because they've got a fundamental carnal urge mainlining their motivation to succeed and nobody's going to be as hungry for promotion as that.
>>
File: 1466050296639.png (26KB, 255x174px) Image search: [Google]
1466050296639.png
26KB, 255x174px
>>48803423
OP is either diddling someone or being diddled at work
>>
>>48803423
OP here, working on some side-runs for a Shadowrun Returns campaign and was wondering how lore-compliant it would be to have runs dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace - from both sides, since there may be managers looking to cover their tracks and subordinates with no other recourse.
>>
>>48803372
>>Stage it like he raped her and they accidentally killed each other
Can't for the life of me come up with how to stage that.
>>
>>48803422
Nah, you blow her brains out but leave an untraceable pistol in her hands. The face ought to have one; use the run's earnings to replace it. Just make it look like she was actually packing a hold-out pistol and the realization of what she'd done pushed to her to take her own life. Or do something along the lines of >>48803372 Or simply make it look like he took it too far and bashed her brains in before killing himself.

But you're probably going to want to kill the guard immediately, so you might not be able to fake his death as a suicide.

>>48803421
You realize we're talking about people on the higher portions of the corporate ladder in Shadowrun, right?

>>48803487
Yeah, hence why I suggested staging it to make it look like she did a murder-suicide, fighting off her rapist before the realization she'd wasted a company vet convinced her to take the easy way out.
>>
File: 1470898297793.png (111KB, 542x218px) Image search: [Google]
1470898297793.png
111KB, 542x218px
>>48803372
>>48803422
>her
>nebbish: a person, especially a man, who is regarded as pitifully ineffectual, timid, or submissive.
>>
File: Rape stockphoto.jpg (112KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
Rape stockphoto.jpg
112KB, 478x358px
>>48801581
>>
>>48803487
Guess it depends how you kill him. Might be easier to kill her with his gun then afterward claw his corpse up a bit with her nails so it'll look like he killed her by accident during a rape then your team busted in and killed him. Of course if whoever's doing the raping is a different species than the guard that might tip off any crime scene investigator.
>>
>>48803542
Do they have traps in SR? I mean of course they do, but I never seen them get acknowledged unlike homos and those who actually want to remove their dicks.
>>
>>48803564
Ahaha they have stock photos for rape? What possible boring-as-fuck middle-management slide show would want to use that image when awkwardly lecturing their staff about personal space?
>>
>>48803581
They have anything you can think of.
>>
>>48801902
>so rival groups don't poach their workers

desu, with how the corps are set up, this doesn't really happen unless the person in question is really really really good at their job and more likely than not, in R&D. One just does up leave a Megacorp just like that.
>>
>>48803569
>tip off any crime scene investigator.

Right, because CSI combing over a major corporate break-in are going to give a single fuck who exactly stuck their dick in the wage-slave corpse they're shoveling into a bulk body disposal with the eighteen security guards they also killed. They'll all be corpse-starch by the end of the day, send out the standard notification form to any next-of-kin on file, close out their account with the company, move someone up from a more junior branch to take over their position and get back to the real business of tracking down that laser prototype the damn mercs stole.
>>
>>48803600
I know. But traps aren't mentioned in any passing that I've encountered, nothing to anchor it as "occurring" because there is no text that implies it.

I mean, they're already full progressives with actual mind your pronouns and gender reassignment surgery, why not boipuccis?
>>
>>48803638
>corpse-starch
shadowrun is dark but that's 40k my dude
>>
>>48803656
To be honest traps are a pretty niche sexual taste outside of internet weirdos and I've never seen the idea outside of chan websites. They haven't gone out of their way to specifically show off traps in Shadowrun because it's pretty much just fetish material and they tend to leave that at least a liiittle ambiguous.
>>
File: catamite 3.png (128KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
catamite 3.png
128KB, 260x260px
>>48803705
>>48803656
Traps never come up because they are, for all intents and purposes, female. If they're doing it right, the only time you'll even notice their actual gender is if you feel something slapping against your balls while you give them an assful of cock. Sometimes not even then.
>>
>>48803470

Sounds like it'll fit nicely with alot of corp work as a side into the restricted areas since disgruntled and fucked-with employees would be more willing to fuck with their bosses.
>>
>>48803638
They will if it seems like it might contribute to determining whether it had anything to do with the break in that occurred the same night, especially if something was stolen or an attempt was made.
>>
>>48802950
Prostitution isn't illegal in real-world America though, you fucking ignoramus. Or have you never heard of the entire state of Nevada?
>>
File: 1458176259662.jpg (6KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
1458176259662.jpg
6KB, 355x142px
>>48803829
>The entire state

>Prostitution is illegal in the following counties: Clark (which contains Las Vegas), Washoe (which contains Reno), Douglas, and Lincoln. Prostitution is also illegal in Nevada's capital, Carson City, an independent city. The rest of Nevada's counties are permitted by state law to license brothels, but only 8 counties have done so. As of August 2013, there are 19 brothels in Nevada.[1]
>Despite there being a legal option, the vast majority of prostitution in Nevada takes place illegally in Reno and Las Vegas.[2][3][4] About 66 times more money is spent by customers on illegal prostitution in Nevada than in the regulated brothels.[5]
>>
>>48803860
>it's illegal at the county level, in some counties
>therefore it's illegal in the entire state!
Try to use that yawning chasm between your ears for something other than lint storage for once, dear.
>>
>>48801581
Sexual Harassment can still get your ass fired even in the 6th world, but rarely is it because you were harassed more used as an excuse to get rid of employee's those at the top don't want in the company anymore.
Just look at what happened to that one Fox Exec. He had been accused of sexual harassment for years, but the only time they gained any traction was when Murdocs sons were looking to oust him from his position at Fox.
>>
>>48803888
Nigga Wot, Nigga WOT, Did you even read the post he responded to saying that The entire state of nevada legalized prostitution. He just pointed out that No not the entire state, but only eight of its counties has.
>>
>>48803829
There's like a handful of countries, fucko.

That said, he does have a point about escorts. Which are, for all intensive purposes, just modern courtesans and most of whom are down to fuck if you toss on some more dosh.
>>
File: 9l96-1431831261-172814-256[1].jpg (42KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
9l96-1431831261-172814-256[1].jpg
42KB, 256x256px
Did I hear talk of someone violating our corporate policy, as laid out in the handbook distributed to all corporate employees?

It would be a shame if HR needed to get...involved.
>>
>>48803888
I didn't say it was illegal in the entire state, you said it was legal in the entire state. And you were wrong.

Try using the internet for something other than getting BTFO, faggot
>>
>>48803860
In the context which he used it, he is correct in saying it is illegal because practically speaking people in the corporate world aren't flying to Nevada to find one of those 19 legal brothels - it's much, much easier to just harass your hot secretary in hopes that your leverage as her employer will protect you. The world of Shadowrun has far fewer restrictions on prostitution that makes it a much more feasible option for the middle manager in Delaware looking to blow off steam.

Of course, they'd harass their secretary anyway, because it's not just about easy access to sex. But he's right that it's illegal in the overwhelming majority of America which restricts access, a fact against which its technical legality in a handful of places is pedantic irrelevance.
>>
>>48803931
Yeah, if anything it's an argument for allowing it on the down-low so it can be used against those people when the time is right. Like the way China's government and corporations are clown-show levels of corrupt so that every so often the new boss can take power and roll a bunch of old guard to show how they're tough on corruption (while replacing those guys with his own people).
>>
>>48803954
>for all intensive purposes
INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS AND PURPOSES INTENTS
>>
File: 6eQSy.gif (30KB, 125x175px) Image search: [Google]
6eQSy.gif
30KB, 125x175px
>>48804057
What an intense post
>>
>>48803780

who cares who exactly fucked her? once they've picked up a dozen murder charges what's one more capital crime?
>>
>>48803957
>implying a middle-manager or higher can't slap the ass of a some nameless secretary or tell her to blow him or else she's canned
The rules only really apply when the victim either has status, rank, or some dirt that can be used to make the company look bad.

Otherwise, HR ain't going to give a shit about some wageslave getting diddled.
>>
>>48804081
You have clearly never met an HR hardass, then. The picture of Commissar Fuklaw is not entirely inaccurate.

In general, corporations avoid bad publicity like the plague and sexual harassment riles people up too much.
>>
>>48801581
>If the Shadowrun world is a near-future megacorporate dystopia, what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace?
Literally none.

>Since corporations are above national law and have near-complete control over information and media, and have near-absolute leverage over their employees, what way is there to stop harassment unless someone higher up notices and takes offense?
Nothing. Literally nothing.

> Not to mention any SINless employees who are practically being paid under the table and are completely replaceable if they say no.
Yup, you're starting to get it.

> but they could absolutely cover it up and other corporations are unlikely to do anything about it unless it hurts their bottom line.
Yeah, they definitely could.

>You could argue that a corporation where abuse is rampant would not compete as effectively
Libertarian fairytales.

>Basically what's keeping Shadowrun from regressing back to a 50s-style work environment?
LITERALLY NOTHING
welcome to cyberpunk, retard.
>>
>>48804057
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>48803588

They've got stock photos for everything.
>>
The less realistic thing is that there would be alot of female shadowrunners, gangsters and other low-life criminal fighters. At least in the corporate world they've still got the vestiges and trappings of our times so they still have to LOOK like they care about rights and dignity, the SINless and other outcasts are basically living in a barbarian state of nature plus machine guns and magic. Women would be chattel protected by their male relatives like they are in poor communities around the real world not out running crime rings or dishing vigilante justice. If they did the sexual retribution would be horrifying.
>>
>>48804057
Chill out, dude. Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>48804130
y u do dis
>>
>>48804130
You little bastard.
>>
>>48804130
>you are having a feel day
It's not a good feel day.
>>
File: hopeless.webm (72KB, 362x316px) Image search: [Google]
hopeless.webm
72KB, 362x316px
>>48804130
Oh deer God.
>>
>>48804126
Well, uh...

You'd think in such a world we'd have heard of the sexual harassment angle earlier? It'd have more of an influence on society in the setting and move it further away from what we're familiar with now if women had to re-absorb the notion of their sexual subjugation to men? Seems like a big consequence they set up but don't want to address.
>>
>>48803423
It's a concern in real-world business, where the government can step in and punish you for it. It wouldn't just go away in the future, especially not in a dystopian future where some businesses have sovereign authority on their property and thus the gubmint can't do shit about it.
>>
>>48804108
>real world corporations
>SR corporations where that wageslave or a SINless worker can literally be killed and there will never be any recourse because no-one cares

Like, you're comparing wild cherries to maraschino cherries. They might technically be the same thing, but you would never guess it by taste or smell. The HR hardass in Shadowrun is just going to kill the employee that files the report, have the body dumped in the Waste Recycling vats, and tell everyone that Susan got transferred to the Tuscon campus.

>>48804179
>>48804180
>>48804163
>>48804199
Honestly, only used that pasta because I realized I never saved those shitty Diamond Dozen images tossed up in paint years ago on here.

>>48804139
>>48804126
These two have the right idea. And yeah, sexual retribution is a bitch. For those at the bottom of the gleaming towers in a cyberpunk dystopia, you're basically dealing with sub-Saharan Africa with cheaper guns, used chrome pulled from human chrome, and the law of the jungle ruling those without a pass into the false safety of the corporate cages.
>>
>>48804246
It's still a PR concern. "Hey, I don't want to buy that corp's products, they're pro-rape."

Hell, they DO have internal courts.
>>
>>48804277
Well yeah, a corp still does have ti deal with shit internally, but it's not like it's an invalid concern.
>>
>>48804214
>implying anyone wants to be the one that writes a book for the family-friend cyberpunk but with orcs and dwarves and magic spells that detailed ganglang rape, corporate rape, sexual retribution, and female sexual subjugation

It's a topic that does come up in various aspects of cyberpunk, depending on the author. I mean, just look at Molly.
>>
File: 1438080701_rage.gif (3MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
1438080701_rage.gif
3MB, 497x280px
>>48804130
>>
>>48804330
>I mean, just look at Molly.

Aw, shucks.
>>
File: pennyarcade bogey golf two.jpg (1MB, 1998x2948px) Image search: [Google]
pennyarcade bogey golf two.jpg
1MB, 1998x2948px
As long as we're talking about sexual humiliation in the Shadowrun setting, there's a concept I've been turning over in my head for a pastebin

Anyone remember that story from /wst/ where the runner fucks a shapeshifter while he's in dog form? I expected it to end a bit differently

>The lupine is pounding away at her from behind
>She’s about to cum
>The cops break in, shouting at them to get on the floor with their hands on their head
>The lupine’s still knotted to her, rendering them incapable of complying or fighting back
>He tries to shift and they slap a shock collar on him before he can move, zapping both of them
>The cops haul his smoking, unconscious body off her with an audible, painful ‘pop’ as he comes loose
>They try and fail not to laugh, think about having a turn themselves but decide against sloppy seconds after a mutt
>She ends up zapped, beaten and tossed naked and handcuffed in the dropship brig, on her way to interrogation
>The shapeshifter will be taken away and probably neutered or euthanized, assuming he doesn’t find a way out

>The footage of her being railed by a dog, shocked and arrested naked on all fours goes viral
>Her career as a runner is over, at best she might be able to find a future in porn fucking other shapeshifters after she gets out
>Some of her fellow prisoners have seen the video and decide to give her a head start on her new job
>After all, she’s already famous for being someone’s bitch

I would have written it already but I've never looked inside a Shadowrun rulebook or splat, let alone actually played it, so there's no way I'd be able to get any of the buzzwords or nadsat that they use right
>>
Damnit /tg/, now I want to see a corp sending their new intern, Mr. Johnson, to go broker a deal with some shadowrunners because they've used that crew in the past and everyone at the corp other than the interns knows that the crew has a razorgirl whose contractual demands will include "must be sexually harassed by a corporate employee before the job"

Just love the idea of an inexperienced young guy just trying to earn a salary groping a razorgirl a whole head taller than he is. Imagine him slipping a hand under her shirt only to have a couple of cyberblades engage (not actually where his hands are, but near enough to cause worry). She of course tells him to stop, reminds him that this is harassment... while bombarding his comlink with reminders that if he actually does stop she's going to tell his bosses who blew the deal.
>>
>>48804470
Just imagine what happens if he's good at the job too. Next intern Johnson shows up, clueless as always, and gets back in a surprisingly good mood. His bosses assume something must be wrong so they ask what the razorgirl's contract stated.

>After the job she is to be supplied the matrix ID of the last Mr. Johnson to work with them.
>>
File: jiggle bill.png (26KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
jiggle bill.png
26KB, 128x128px
>>48804138
wat
>>
>>48801763
This. In a world where corporate competition is only barely restrained to the point that hiring Shadowrunners to sabotage the competition is expected and politely ignored so long as you can't prove who hired them, a disgruntled employee is a huge security risk too.
>>
>>48804546
>>48804470
I'm afraid I'm not getting something here. What's the purpose of such an obligation? And is it implying the second Johnson actually fucked the razorgirl?
>>
>>48804680
It's roughly the shadowrun equivalent of her demanding the first Johnson's cell phone #. Basically she could just check any nodes around the corp for him to log on and then bump into him again.

And no, the implication was intended to be that the second Mr. Johnson managed to avoid molestation by razorgirl
>>
>>48803214
>what's to keep you

The heavily armed mirrored cybereyes of the Company Men.

Yes, the eyes are heavily armed.

They won't make you do a group chant in the morning like Wal Mart. You aren't some peon. If you're a Resource, rather than a Wage Slave, you're given a great deal of latitude; if you don't care about social climbing within Corporate Culture, that's fine, just do your work and stay productive. They just trust that you're smart enough to know that if you were to ever try something truly unintelligent, there would be Consequences.

Even if you got Extracted, you'd spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder for those Company Men, never knowing when they'd appear to either take you back...or take you out.

That's what's to keep you from doing something like that.
>>
>>48804715
>They won't make you do a group chant in the morning like Wal Mart.
Please explain this.
>>
>>48804442
This is at least the second time you posted this.
Or my brain works in weird ways.
I'm onto you.
>>
>>48804057
I like you.
>>
>>48804729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4
>>
>>48804755
I couldn't even finish the whole thing, holy hell
>>
>>48803542
trapfags really are neo-furries
>>
>>48804130
This gives me a strange mix of disgust, pride, and arousal.
>>
>>48804777
czech'd
>>
>>48804747
It's pasta
>>
>>48804767
Welcome to corporate culture, chummer.
>>
>>48804767
Now imagine having to do that every day. Every morning, without fail.
>>
>>48804442
I miss WST. I don't know where else to get my beast fix anymore.
>>
A corporation that doesn't protect its workers will run out of workers.
>>
Corporations exist to do business, not sexually satisfy their middle managers. There's going to be rules about this sort of thing, in the name of efficiency more than morality. You're not allowed to misuse company assets.
>>
File: 522.gif (7KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
522.gif
7KB, 600x550px
>>48801581
I really like your image
>>
>>48804849
>implying the average Sixth World secretary won't give her manager a blowjob every morning and keep quiet about it if it means she gets to live away from the shit, murder, and general lawless squalor that's waiting for her outside of [Whatever]'s arcology or corporate campus
>implying the average modern secretary won't give her manager a blowjob every morning after a fat wad of cash and a charismatic smile got the first which he filmed and promised he's share all over the Internet if she said a word to HR
>>
>>48804849

This. It makes more sense from a bureaucratic standpoint to sponsor people going someplace the fuck else to deal with their problems (and that's assuming that they aren't so few in number and non-important that they don't just get fired on the spot)
>>
>>48802646
>Victims of harassment might also get a good amount of hush-money too, if they threaten to report it to news agencies and whatnot. Most companies don't like having to pay out that much.

This is also a good way to get murdered on by low-level runners hired to clean you up.

The simple answer is the average megacorp boss probably has hotter people to harass and put his dink in than the Average Jane Schmuck
that works for him.
>>
>>48804904

>implying you live in the Sixth World so it all depends on what kind of setting you are trying to create
>implying for fap material reflects the real world

/h/ plz leave
>>
>>48804906
>sociopaths and sadists are only a tiny amount of CEOs and other corporate managers in the Sixth World
Like, that isn't even true today. Why would corporations become happy and friendly places where the people in power want to change the world for the better? And how can you even pretend something like that is true when staring at the fact of Aztechnology?
>>
>>48804919

> hotter people to harass
> implying that she doesn't exist in such a state of hyper stimulation through technology that "attractiveness" looks remotely like what you find attractive
>>
>>48804904
>arcology
>>48804921
more like /d/
>>
File: gold-digger-comic.png (103KB, 640x660px) Image search: [Google]
gold-digger-comic.png
103KB, 640x660px
>>48804139
Equalizers such as guns and magic come to mind, but also being /born/ on the streets gives you the benefit to learn the trade before your secondary sexual characteristics manifest themselves, thus before being target to /usual/ kinds of sexual exploitation.

I guess a sinless girl would know how to survive as much as her male counterpart, but a sinner girl would be far more worse off in the shadows than her counterpart. Unless she's a mage or all chromed up, that is.
>>
>>48804937

>people don't suck dick every day for money
>what kind of happy and friendly place do you live?

...reality dude. They don't want to have to change the world for the better, they have to be human. Being an asshole is a liability, it makes far more sense to go other places to do that shit and be passive aggressive and "I never said anything~~~" at work to get your jollies.

>Aztechnology

Dude everyone is sucking everyone's dicks over a blood sacrifice over there. That's like looking at Mordor and saying "Everyone in Middle Earth is an orc."
>>
>>48804921
>fap material
So after your boss has a video of you sucking his cock and tells you that he'll plaster that shit online, send it to your family, your boyfriend, your family, you're just going to do what? Sure, you can get him fired, but are you really going to let that perfectly legal threat be followed through?

>>48804944
>potato
See, I can randomly greentext words, too.

>>48804964
>being an asshole is a liability
>they have to be human
>in business
laughinginvestmentbankers.jpg
>>
>>48804980
My mistake, there is game featuring arcologies that is fairly popular on /dgg/ and since arcology is an uncommon word and you were lewdpostan I just sort of assumed...
>>
>>48804947
Eh, learning the streets early does give an advantage, but you're fooling yourself if you think being young makes you immune. Remember the Rotherham sex ring, where over a thousand children were literally groomed for sexual abuse by Pakis 12-year olds as prime targets.
>>
>>48804980
>perfectly legal threat be followed through

Depends on where you live dog. Especially in a world with high-speed social media that guy is gonna get more flame than a SJW who makes an article saying "All men are murderers" on Kotaku

I'm sorry that you have such a miserable life. I hope you can pull your head out of your ass enough to realize how blind you are being.
>>
>>48804980
Hypercorp is going to be really happy about having one of their mid level pencil pushers posting amateur porn of his escapades on company time all over the net. No PR problem there or anything. Fired will be the least of his problems.
>>
>>48805009
I honestly don't what the fuck /dgg/ is. What fetish game's general is that? That post-apoc one with the weird Catholic Nazi doctors?

>>48804947
Well, look at Molly. Willing to sell her body in bunraku parlors in order to get chromed.
>>
>Diversity training in Shadowrun

Why did I never realize I wanted this?
>>
>>48805024
Given that example was the real world example, I'm not sure hypercorp hitmen are really the primary threat.

>>48805022
Just the difference between realism and blind optimism. A threat to ruin a person's life and reputation is a powerful thing. There's a reason they work out in the real world. It's rarely about the logic of what might happen to the person threatening you if they carry it through, it's about the fear of what will happen to your life when your boyfriend gets a video that's unmistakable you sucking off someone else. A decent majority of rapes are never reported specifically for this reason.
>>
>>48805043

Right? Like they gotta make sure they don't have to deal with a race war and a gender war in the building.

A troll getting pissed that his wife got her ass slapped can be some baaaad news.
>>
>>48805031
/dgg/ is /d/ games general, it's got everything that's too extreme for the other lewd generals. That said, most of the games are fairly tame as monster girls, mind control, futa, and slaves are /d/ enough for discussion. I was referring to free cities, a slave management game were you play as the owner of an arcology in an pre apocolypictic version of the world.
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>48805043
>Reprimand
>Employee Name: Hubert Maiwand
>Employee SIN: 7776129
>Offense: Calling Leomard Jacobsen from the mail room a 'worthless green nigger'
>>
>>48805078

> A threat to ruin a person's life and reputation is a powerful thing

Yeah, talking about the person who made the video, right? When the whole world learns he will blackmail people for no fucking reason?
>>
>>48805043
>Okay everyone, today we're going to do some teambuilding and diversity awareness activities

Yesss
>>
>>48805086

> A decent majority of rapes are never reported specifically for this reason.

You got a source for this?

Cuz from my perspective this seems like speculation.
>>
>>48805105
No idea what you're talking about, but thanks for the (you) I guess
>>
>>48805091
I refuse to believe SINs are that damn short.
>>
>>48805095
It's not like he's going to attach his name to the fucking thing.

Jesus Christ, go take your autism suppository.
>>
>>48805122
What's more dystopian: a really long ID number, or a shorter number you need to share with multiple citizens because the gov't doesn't want to be bothered printing all those numbers?
>>
>>48805082
>A literal ork/troll race war

>>48805086
>pre-apocolyptic
Wait, what? So like, right on the verge of the end just before shit hits the fan?

>>48805095
Fuck, are you blind?

>>48805105
I mean, there are countless sources just about everywhere. The general trend that most report is 2 out of 3 go unreported.

Here's an official .gov source, which is basing its info from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/rape-sexual-violence/pages/rape-notification.aspx

>Only 36 percent of rapes, 34 percent of attempted rapes, and 26 percent of sexual assaults were reported. Reasons for not reporting assault vary among individuals, but one study identified the following as common:
>Self-blame or guilt.
>Shame, embarrassment, or desire to keep the assault a private matter.
>Humiliation or fear of the perpetrator or other individual's perceptions.
>Fear of not being believed or of being accused of playing a role in the crime.
>Lack of trust in the criminal justice system.

I wonder how any of these could possibly translate to the Sixth World?

>>48805130
There's no point, man. He insists on believing that when something bad happens to a person, they immediately talk about it just because they were victimized. There's never been a case where someone threatened was actually pressured into complying with the threat, y'know?
>>
>>48805119

>gets asked for evidence
>can't provide any
>resorts to insults so fetish can be preserved

I can't tell if you are just a /v/ermin or a troll.

Both are similar enough for me to stop responding to you. I hope this board starves you.
>>
>>48805158
>implying that was the same poster
For fuck's sake, I literally posted a government source for something that's basically common knowledge at this point and has much better credibility and backing than the "one-in-four" statistic that gets tossed around about the same amount.

If you're the same person that somehow believes threatening to release the video would do nothing at all to pressure the victim into staying quiet, though, I suppose I can't expect much.
>>
>>48805153
How exactly do you track the ocurrence of [crime] when [crime] is not reported?
>>
>>48805153
>Fuck, are you blind?
Wait, are you implying that the same standards that exist in our world will exist in a fantasy world that is much further into the future than us?

I think you might be the blind one.

As far as your rape stats I fail to see how any one of those can be considered "a decent majority"

Fuck the moment people start being believed (which is a lot easier in a hyper-connected information age) then the amount of reports could skyrocket.

It's the future, dude, anything can happen. If you want a setting where women are systematically subjugated then you can fulfill your fetish all you want.
>>
File: 1428627675824.jpg (179KB, 717x625px) Image search: [Google]
1428627675824.jpg
179KB, 717x625px
>>48803210
Deltass... It MIGHT be worth it...
>>
>>48801581
Nothing.
>>
>>48805184

I hope to god you are the same poster, it'd be ludicrously random to join in a random conversation and then say "I have no idea what you are talking about." Like goddamn dude

Also there is a difference between "lots of rapes don't get reported" and "a decent majority of rapes aren't reported for this specific motivation". You understand there is a difference between those things, right?

Congratulations on making me respond to you again /v/ermin
>>
>>48805191
Mostly by tracking everything that excludes official reports. If the victim isn't willing to press charges, then no crime's been reported and nothing gets done. But that doesn't mean that the victim doesn't go to informal sources of help such as family and friends, female health clinics, and the like.

Which again, gives rise to the possibility of a corporate stiff fucking with the wrong and well-connected broad and finding himself the target of a vengeful run.

>>48805194
>66% is not a decent majority.
Okay.
>>
>>48805153
Yup, the world has started to run out out of resources and as the old world collapses the arcologies of the free cities have risen. It's fairly detailed and the dev is a fa/tg/uy, I highly recommend checking it out if any of that sounds appealing to you
http://freecitiesblog.blogspot.com
>>
>>48805222
This poster >>48805119 is not me. Just someone else that joined in to call you a fuckwit. So yeah, I guess that one was just some someone being "ludicrously random"
>>
>>48805222
no idea anon here, you replied to
>>48805086 when you meant to reply to >>48805078
>>
>>48805260

Ah, thanks homie.
>>
>>48804834
infinite-chan :^)
>>
>>48805249
> I guess that one was just some someone being "ludicrously random"

What the fuck are you talking about? I misclicked their post dude, chill out.
>>
>>48805243
>that banner
nope.jpg

I mean, I get that it's a text-based game, but that art is just painful. Also, christ, that amputee fuckdoll. Entirely not my taste.

>>48805265
See? Try not to get so asspained, /v/ermin.
>>
>>48805227
I get the clinics ("say, have any of your patients reported any rapes today?") but how do you track anything else? If their family or friends press report it, isn't it being reported after all?
>>
>>48805227

>66% is not a decent majority.

You got a source saying that specific motivation accounts for the 66% of the people who don't report a rape?
>>
>>48805143
IIRC a SIN is supposed to contain your genetic information, or at least enough of it to confirm your identity without a doubt.

Half a dozen numbers ain't gonna cut it.
>>
>>48805284

Dude you need to chill out.

If you actually care about a solution then you point out the problem.

Otherwise, you are just a /v/ermin

Real talk tho, done responding to your troll ass.
>>
>>48805284
You can disable extreme content(amputees, vocal chord removal, lobotomies, etc)at the start of the game.
>>
>>48805284
There is no art in game, just something the dev draws for fun. You get a prompt when starting a game on whether you want to enable the extreme shit, but if you aren't feeling it it's all good.
>>
>>48801581
Dragon Rounds
>>
>>48805306
So it's an abbreviation genetic make-up, something like the DNA markers that they use in forensics?

>>48805303
Family and friends might talk to the cops, but without the victim pressing charges, nothing can be done. I am not an expect in the field of silencing rape victims or the statistics of rape, but I'm sure you could find plenty of literature from the criminal justice side of things if you looked. Just google "rape report statistics" and check for shit. I'm sure the BJS and DOJ can go into further detail about how they compile their statistics.

>>48805323
>>48805325
...Oh god, have the dark rites been performed and the /d/eviants been summoned?
>>
>>48801581
That image infuriates me on a level I cannot fully comprehend.
>>
>>48805366
It is a pretty punchable face. I blame its face.
>>
>>48805270
How the fuck is that not taken down or their users arrested?
>>
>>48805357
well /d/ is /tg/'s sister board, and given the thread's topic it isn't that unlikely to find more than one /d/eviant here
>>
File: tumblr_nevqlqkbox1s63vnmo2_500.png (169KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nevqlqkbox1s63vnmo2_500.png
169KB, 500x651px
>>48801581

Wouldn't Human Resources handle that? It's not like if you've made it to a certain level within the corporation that you could find a way around the scrutiny of Human Resources. They probably have some kind of system set up anyway. So they keep one face for the public and others behind certain doors.
>>
>>48805357
If I'm remembering correctly. My medication is kicking in and fucking with my head, so no research for me at this point.
>>
>>48805396

And that's not even getting into office rivals gunning for your job. They could set up a SJW crusade ez to get someone's ass fired.
>>
>>48805406
Aren't the only SJWs in Shadowrun the runners? Well, and maybe bioware companies.
>>
>>48805306
In order to contain enough of the genome that it would be exclusive to a single person, the SIN would have to be hundreds of digits. So either they really are a thousand or more digits (though you could cut this down by using other characters as well as numbers) or FASA just isn't all that concerned with accurate genetics in their game
>>
>>48805396
Now I have this image of megacorp employees whispering about Human Resources as "The Department That Shall Not Be Named," as if it were some sort of malign cosmic entity beyond the understanding of mortal minds.
>>
>>48805424

Dude, SJWs can be anywhere.

you could be one right now
>>
>>48805455
Don't worry anon, you aren't an SJW.
You're a sleeper agent.
>>
>>48805424
to be fair runners could be significantly more dangerous than real-world SJWs
>>
>>48805463

I know you are.
>>
>>48805388
Not illegal to view that under U.S. federal law, I think. They also removed the pedoshit that's borderline illegal.
>>
>>48805425
Well, CODIS just uses 13 markers. You just basically just string that into an identifier. It'd be closer to, what, 72 to 82 to reference the alleles.

>>48805455
Well, except for Aztechnology. Then they're probably just getting consumed by bug spirits.
>>
>>48805481

You kidding me?

An SJW infiltrated into their highest-eschelons.

Some say it's the CEO
>>
>>48805306
A SIN links to a database that has your genetic information. It doesn't encode it within the number itself. The databases are maintained by different groups, and some entries in the database don't acutely return "yes, that's the right genetic information" or "No, that's not the right genetic information" they are just set to always say "yeah, that's fine, whatever dood" no matter what information gets sent in.
>>
>>48805475
Wow, that's a wonder.
>>
>>48805481
CODIS doesn't actually contain your genetic information though, it just refers to an entry in a database. For the number to actually have the information, like >>48805306 suggested, it would have to be as long as the database entry itself.
>>
>>48805481
>except for Aztechnology
I dunno, ushering in the doom of the established order with blood magic to create a new society where nothing is sacred and unnamable horrors roam the world killing indiscriminately sounds like an SJW thing to me.
>>
>all this arguing about SIN
It's a twelve digit number consisting of three blocks of four. Also, the GSR not requiring biometric data seems to imply that generic material is by no means a critical component to a SIN. After all, they're more bank accounts, birth certificates, credit score, tax information, and passport.
>>
>>48805589
Well, can also include numerals, my bad.

>>48805571
Oh god, you're right. It all makes sense now. BUILD WALL.
>>
>>48801581
The higher-ups. Sexual harassment can reach a point where it reduces productivity.

>>48801729
>Unlike the 1950s
U wot? Oh... I had forgotten that a playful tap on the butt is now "sexual harassment". My bad, I'm just a fossil of the past. Oh me and my "reason takes precedence over emotion" and my belief in objective morality. I don't belong in the current year.

>>48805396
Mikorin best girl
>>
>>48806113
> "reason takes precedence over emotion" and my belief in objective morality
>playful tap on the butt

If people don't want to be tapped on the butt then don't. The reason is that human beings have rights to be respected and the objective morality is that to treat another's body in a way they don't want it to be treated is amoral.
>>
>>48803564
I will challenge myself this month by only fapping to lewd stockphotos
>>
>>48806175
>Muh human rights
You know that it's still legal in the Netherlands, right? Depending on if the intention of the tapper was playful or sexual, not the feefees of the tapped.

http://www.wieringa-advocaten.nl/nl/weblog/2009/09/11/hoge-raad-billen-knijpen-mag-soms
Google translate it.

>B-But muh sexism
As if men never get pinched in the butt by men and women alike. Hell, I was pinched in the butt in high school at least three times, but I didn't whine about it like a little bitch because at some point I managed to grow a pair.
>>
>>48801755
>implying dick milking robots won't and already don't exist
>>
Funny enough, I've been turning an ERP character concept around in my head whose a Horizon Office Morale Specialist - ie, a literal corporate whore, who goes on dates with and fucks low level managers to keep them productive. She would do running on the side to spice up her humdrum life. Not sure what to make her though. Decker/Face maybe
Something/face obviously
>>
>>48806226

Yup, I'm certain we can trust them to tell the truth, huh?

>I dealt with it y u whinin?

I'm so glad that you have made it this far believing that all humans have a shared experience, but I regret to inform you that they don't.
>>
File: 1462801958315.png (1MB, 912x905px) Image search: [Google]
1462801958315.png
1MB, 912x905px
>>48804130
>it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once
>>
>>48801581
Street level shadowrunners can be hired for 1,000 nuyen to break a wageslave's boss' legs in.

What else do you think would happen in shadowrun?
>>
>>48806358
Tbh i expect the actual answer is a combination of Shafowrunners and Cartels.

This was one of the reasons Mafia's began to exist after all. And who else has the guns, money, and balls to fuck with a corp?
>>
>>48801581
This is Shadowrun anon. Professional behavior is considered unprofessional.
>>
>>48806386
>Shafowrunners
>Shadowfunners

IS THIS A NICKNAME PEOPLE USE YET?
>>
File: Terminal's_Jokerz.png (189KB, 478x364px) Image search: [Google]
Terminal's_Jokerz.png
189KB, 478x364px
>>48806394
No but Shadowfunners really should be

Actually, I can see a halloweener themed/sponsored running team that calls themselves the Shadowfunners
>>
File: Sexy-Office-Lady-0118-f.jpg (34KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy-Office-Lady-0118-f.jpg
34KB, 320x480px
>>48801763
But the state would have to make the law that allows people to sue over sexual harrassment, no?
Maybe that already was in place and nobody wants to be the guy that got rid of it.
>>
>>48806411

Fuck I'm just seeing that as a thing I'm going to use to refer to the game. I feel "Shadowfun" captures the spirit more.
>>
>>48806358
>middle manager sexually abuses secretary
>street scum hired to shoot middle manager's dick and balls off
>manager is off sick for a week
>manager comes back in with a 6 inch fully extendable titanium cyberdong and is all smiles

>manager wakes up with the cyberdong raping him
>laughing_street_scum_riggers.png
>>
>>48804130
You...... Why do you do this?
>>
>>48806484

hehehe
>>
>>48806418
State law doesn't apply inside corporate strongholds at all.

It's corporate law from the ground up, that's why it's called extraterritoriality.
>>
>>48806523
Then how can a corp be sued by a completely different corp?
>>
>>48806532

They probably have some Geneva convention shit.

Tho iirc Shadowrun does actually have places with non-corp governments. It's just the corps pretty much call the shots
>>
>>48805227
>Mostly by tracking everything that excludes official reports. If the victim isn't willing to press charges, then no crime's been reported and nothing gets done. But that doesn't mean that the victim doesn't go to informal sources of help such as family and friends, female health clinics, and the like.

Wait, so say I ask three people if any of their friends have told them they were raped and two of those three say yes. Then I say "total rape occurrences I can know about is now two higher"... but what if both of these people know the same person who told both of them they were raped. Now we have counted one instance of rape twice.

Now say we ask a local heath clinic, they give us the number of reports they got. However that person who told those two people also went to this clinic, and now we have counted the same rape three times.

Now we ask people if they have been raped and the victim tells us.... now we have counted one rape four times, even though it only happened once.

And this is all assuming it is a genuine report in the first place.

There doesn't seem to be a good way to control for this either, unless you somehow getting these sources to all give full names and birth dates of the victim, which I don't see happening. Especially since not many people would be okay with outing their friends/family as a rape victim to a stranger and so might make up fake info for them.
>>
>>48806532
>>48806562
They can't, not directly.

What happens is, if corps get into direct conflict, the case gets taken up by the corporate court, which is basically presided by 10 ruling AAA firms who all hate each other, and they get told to back the fuck down or get nuked by satellite defense systems.

Neither corp wants that, so they make nice and try to stab each other via shadowrunners who don't know who they're working for.

Corps try not to shoot each other up, especially not on corp grounds.

It differs from corp to corp but if they HAD to provide workers to another corp for a joint agreement, execs or workers wouldn't be loaned out except with a contingent of armed guards, or with a disclaimer that if they come back not in one piece the other corp will have to pay remonstration costs.
For example,
>Cost per employee limb missing = 12,000 nuyen
>cost of one hole used = 500,000 nuyen.
>>
My guess is that they just include sexual services in job description.
> Secretary needed:
> ℅ preferred appearance description℅
> C - class blowjod skills at least
> Fluent Hindi
> B - class comm implants at least
>>
>>48806631
Statistical analysis is a bit smarter than that. There actually are tools that allow you to deal with it.
>>
>>48806631
>>48807000
For example
1: have you been raped before?
1a: if yes, have you reported this rape to the police?
1b: have you reported this rape to any other survey?

2: why did you vote for the communist party in the previous question?
>>
I'm pretty sure this whole thread is either bait or Op injecting his fetishes etc

I'll just say; you could probably run quite a decent plot about sexual harassment in a Shadowrun corporation, it is just one of the ways an all-powerful megacorp could dehumanise its employees. You could even do something really nasty with body horror or slavery...

But I wouldn't with half the people in this thread; I can't decide if it'd be "secretary takes offence to your advances, roll reaction" or "tactical bovine missile from orbit"
>>
>>48803086
If you live in corp arcology and have no reasons to leave it then yes, you don't need a gun aside from recreational shooting.
Otherwise, 6th world seems to be rather dangerous place.
>>
>>48807179
>I'll just say; you could probably run quite a decent plot about sexual harassment in a Shadowrun corporation, it is just one of the ways an all-powerful megacorp could dehumanise its employees. You could even do something really nasty with body horror or slavery...
You can't really get too into it. Mainly because the nuances will be lost on the players who will 99% of the time be shadowrunners and not involved in corp politics.

All jobs are pretty much the same for the runners; Extraction, wetwork, data retrieval or theft.

All that changes is why the shadowrunners are doing this job, whether it be "Mrs Johnson exited Coldsim and found cum dripping out het cunt, hack security and find out who raped her" or "Mrs Johnson wants manager X extracted and dumped in a bunraku strip parlour", the shadowrunners aren't going to care a huge deal apart from being paid.
>>
>>48806226
>I have zero self-respect and so should you
>>
>>48807242
Playing soulless mercenaries isn't particularly interesting. Fucking up and/or killing your Johnson because he is too much of an asshole is important part of character growth for any decent shadowrunner in my opinion.
>>
File: gfdsgfdshgfdhgfdhgf.png (366KB, 391x596px) Image search: [Google]
gfdsgfdshgfdhgfdhgf.png
366KB, 391x596px
>>48807242
Reluctantly agreed; one of my group would argue otherwise... but I've never been of the opinion that they're the best medium for telling stories.

Now putting moral choices on players, they do that well... but without making it really tacky I'm struggling to think how you'd do this one justice without making it more fap material for OP

Captcha related
>>
>>48806418
Corps aren't going to rise to the level of a state without taking over some of its basic functions.
>>
>>48807317
That just means the pay is lower and you get more karma.

And possibly worker pussy, but the point is, the plot will take a back seat to what is happening with the players.

Unless you're playing an all corp game where you guys are in corpsec and HR. Rare but it can happen!
>>
>>48801917

I found the "That Guy", what do I win?
>>
>>48806418
The law was already there, as you say, but it's the lawyers who make bank off the lawsuits, and the corps should care about PR. I mean, nobody's gonna touch a sexual harassment lawsuit against some actually influential dude no matter how many tits he rubs, save perhaps as a maneuver during power struggles within the corp, but most sexual harassment is going to occur where the most workers are, on the lower levels, and some low level office chief can't count on much immunity unless he's got special protection from the higher ups.
>>
>>48803441
They also climb the ladder in real life.
>>
>>48801581
An interesting take on it came up in my last game; one character ran into a body-double of themselves, who had no memory of the player - character's life. Long story short, they were products of a business that was basically growing bodyguards from a single template, inserting artificial memories, and tailoring the bodyguard for their unique client. For the first body-double, this had meant making her more compliant to harassment from her client- anybody else would lose an arm, but she would just uncomfortably tolerate it because she "wasn't willing to lose her job over it."
So yeah, genetically engineered secretaries cconditioned to be cute and not complain if the boss gives a quick grope every day on his way to the office. Going further would probably trigger the self-defense instincts, but most employers are willing to leave it at a quick feel of a nice ass before the daily board meeting.
>>
>>48804214
>You'd think in such a world we'd have heard of the sexual harassment angle earlier?

Why?

Sexual harassment is a problem that's literally not worth mentioning compared to shit that can be and is done to people at the lower parts of the social ladder daily. I mean, normal shadowruns routinely involve dozens of wage slaves or random people getting killed just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Being molested by your boss is no big deal compared to having your brains splattered.
>>
>>48810326
>involve dozens of wage slaves or random people getting killed
maybe if you and your team are shit at your job

Good (read: professional) shadowrunners can finish a job with no casualties (or in case of wetwork: minimal casualties)
>>
>>48805122
I googled it and found "A generic SIN format is 12 alpha-numeric digits in three blocks of four digits."
>>
You'd think that a 12 hour work day with no breaks 6 days a week leaves little energy to secually harass anybody. Hell, anyone high enough up probably doesn't view wage slaves as people, the idea flow secually harassing them would be akin to trying to fuck your fridge. Constant corporate surveillance and pressure to outperform your fellow workers would leave most people a paranoid mess, the concept of sneaking a quickie, even a consensual one is just too risky. Anybody that thinks megacorps are rampant with physical/emotional abuse of workers has either never worked a day in their life or is thinking very very small scale in terms of how crushed people are by the system compared to their fellow coworkers
>>
>>48804130
Intents and purposes.
>>
The future of SR is pretty liberal, sexually speaking. They'd be more receptive to the idea of brown-nosing the boss requiring actual brown nosing than you or I would, I think.
>>
>>48803376
>not buying stick and shock rounds and tazing everyone into unconsciousness
Get a load of the newbie.
>>
>>48812506
>Implying our sexual depravity isn't what sounds in the decline of civilization
>Implying that whatever arises from its ashes won't swing to the other extreme and be "no fun allowed" levels puritan
>Implying that even a married couple holding hands within the privacy of their own home wouldn't be scandalous as fuck
>>
File: 547886502_c0f2c32879_o.jpg (46KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
547886502_c0f2c32879_o.jpg
46KB, 500x336px
>>48801581
Which workplace?

Offices? Corporate policy. If you control policy, like you're a CEO, then you're probably largely immune and can harras your secretaries all you want. If you're middle-manager, it all depends how much your boss likes you. Co-workers and peers? HR fires your ass.

So.... Largely just like now, but with a few less checks on those on top. In shadowrun, there's a rich upper-crust society living in arcologies full of office workers and professionals. Just like today isn't so bad if you're an engineer.

However,

Down in the slums where the BULK OF HUMANITY lives, the law is what you make it. What's to stop the organ grinder from feeling up his delivery girl? Only her ability to shove him into the meat-grinder. Suffice to say, there's probably a lot of abuse and the for-profit cops don't give a fuck.

>Not to mention any SINless employees

Why would a corporation hire the sinless? Other than for expendable bodies to perform crimes, you know, the basis of the game.

Life is cheap in the corporcracy though, if they just want to bully a SINless around, go to a dive bar and throw your money around.

>Basically what's keeping Shadowrun from regressing back to a 50s-style work environment?

...Keep going. 1850's. Rockafeller could snort cocaine off the ass of an under-aged prostitute and ask the sheriff to go get him another. He got him the job after all.
>>
>>48804130
>For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong
not porpoises....

>Why even go on?
>>
>>48801581

Magic. Touch based spells specifically.
>>
>>48813402
Anyone even barely important enough will get a corporate-limited-SIN. That will give them more control over their employee than keeping them Sinless and the wageslave is glad to have a limited SIN because it makes them a second class citizen rather than an unperson. (And if they need to dispose of them they may delete the SIN and the person as well if they feel like it.)

But remember that for all the bad the SR mega-corporations do they will also make sure to make loyal wageslaves part of their corporate nation. AA/AAA corp can issue SINs and keep the employee in an arcology so that all their earnings eventually come back to the company. Happy and healthy slave is a productive slave. (though they will probably do some calculations to see if it is more cost effective to have slightly unhappy but fearfully loyal wageslaves with smaller wages.)
>>
>>48802737
past megacorps were OK with it, so future megacorps would probably be OK with it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Widlar
>He did practice widlarizing – methodically destroying a faulty component or a flawed prototype with a sledgehammer. At the same time, he eradicated all unwanted sounds from his lab by fighting noise with noise. He installed "hassler" devices that emitted high-pitched sounds whenever someone talked too loud, and even blew up an annoying public address speaker with firecrackers. Jim Williams recalled an incident when, after tracing external electromagnetic interference to the control tower of the San Jose airport, Widlar telephoned the airport and demanded they shut down the transmitter.
>>
File: 1453241587460.jpg (34KB, 540x264px) Image search: [Google]
1453241587460.jpg
34KB, 540x264px
>>48805433
Maybe they have a special branch inside of Human Resources that handles certain intermediate problems. They could specialize in certain difficult scenarios that requires a mixture of legal and physical finesse and subtlety that only they can handle. Once those options fail, however, certain specialists are called in. Like outside contractors and/or corporate kill teams and assassins.
>>
There's always a bigger fish. If you create a corporate culture where ti's ok to sexually harass your subordinates, you're also opening yourself up to sexual harassment from your superiors. Eventually you get to the vice president whose only superior is a giant fucking dragon, and as such he probably has vested interest in dissuading that kind of atmosphere.
>>
>>48803542
>especially a man
>not always a man
>>
>>48803288
If it's floppy then you're not doing it right.
>>
>>48813402

Trade unionism was the backlash to the excesses of the robber barons and early corporatism. Quite literally a bloody battle between organized labor and the companies.
>>
>>48813846
haha, so what would it look like if the were battles between organized labor an megacorps in Shadowrun? Everything on the "wrong side of the tracks" is just a long drawn-out hopeless guerrilla battlefield?
>>
>>48814003
Part of the issue there is that corps will start to bleed money if there's too much dissent going on in the workforce. This doesn't make shareholders very happy.
>>
>>48805306
The human genome is 1.5 gigabytes.
>>
>>48814662
So... your SIN should be able to contain it, given it will always be stored on an electronic device instead of printed on a card.
>>
>>48814779
Right, but using just numbers would be inefficient, probably they could use a registry and the SIN is just a reference number. IIRC they actually stated how many digits were on a SIN before, I think it was something like 15.
>>
>>48814885
Others have googled it, and it's just 12 alphanumeric characters. I don't understand why it's so damn short when it would be trivial to make it huge.
>>
>>48814959
If it's alpha numeric that's lets see... 36 if they're just using the english alphabet plus the arabic digits. So that's a 432 bit code. Doesn't seem like enough to make a reference registry
>>
>>48814199
But who the hell are the share holders in SR? Do wage slaves get stock options, or is it just the already super rich who work at the top anyways?
>>
>>48815264
The rich get richer, the poor get made into non-persons with no legal protections at all.
>>
>>48815154
That's what I'm saying. It should be a massively long number.
>>
>>48812021
> You'd think that a 12 hour work day with no breaks 6 days a week leaves little energy to secually harass anybody.

The managers arent the ones working those hours. But you did hit upon the reason most wageslaves wouldnt2 raise a fuss: they're fucking tired. Getting groped in a closet for 5 minutes a day by their boss is probably the closest thing they get to a lunch break.

> harassing them would be akin to trying to fuck your fridge.
I don't know what kind of fridges YOU own, but most don't come with tits and a vag. If slave owners were able to bring themselves to fuck their 'property,' you can fucking bet the cyberpunk equivalent will too.
>>
>>48801581
What the hell are her breasts doing to his hands?!? This is immoral! She's unethical!
>>
>>48815333
àÄéAûã5ÎÂ8tgbµ¸íÁOâÓáh±üÍü®Ê¥¥©çwj£EiËÁÄÖµ°ZÌUÃöïÀµÇíÓ2ÖnàµUûYeÌËÑjZlC§ÔÇÛݤͧÍåºÇÈAÉ¢lëgN½c3©·Z1â°ôtdîu±FºZ¡ìõk®UwSfI¶úaZ§ªÑSpYfi®Kþ0po2â½1ìSe2¥Ýº¡¦f£M¬Úâ0éÖWCPtêÚOêXjjÓÑù®¥cãªMú©½äÉgUÒvÛºxÔÚgé¡ËõÆÀäÉÒ21Z¤23òÜ©b¯¿ðåw2s1J°üTE4NBWtÈÄËìBêÂV×ùK½2µPO¡bÉãe¥b±WùÅbZÓÛAÑÛÉúºMÌíÇôòÊiIÉÒQÞ´R±©ATW¼½rt»äBKgñ¤êXÕ7¾ÄP1ÿÂN¿ÐVäènLB9z¯áAeõ½§Öy¯rìöÞ2þµÇУÿ©Õ31xíôÛlEVN±mL3¡ñÈ£Kcqj4È´ÔêÿÒ¤33oÓÔ¯ñ£5xpzâoäãÇvqbRvtµÑíëôAêW2o¤©pôD¤PÙîù¸ËÍAVå¢8XbuáunäöÕEIv2UèÍqÝÈÙmÈ¢ñ«ÒªºSö©96äìòë¤7FÜÐãZQÕãݱàÐËŤ£ªHc¥¥Á¿hçÛýLÓkÚLß1Á¨ÇÔåíGDS1cóééo0Þãzkÿåàñ½Íék¿fLßtT¢ðímýɶjHLÑ㵺u0i9GÏÔÄ¢Ç2ºæ×ÀR©EwNËü6÷fh¢u᧱hü÷´»mO7ÎälÐéiê¦ÚDà6Æ̺ý8õBùßþêzתýÖ«ÿËÓÔíh3ÊþVùÔ1×âFs¿c¢9UÕÆJÄL2¤Ebð3¼UPÁKÛk«¡màÅoo¼ÎÞ¥hÊOÿC¶IEÖAQÇ2Ü÷UZyv÷ê¢nYOoÚÕî®1Åîv3e4UºÃÀög¦Ð¯áàY0ɤé÷§íÃáäM©«6ûP·NJÔ¢qeIÆ1uu4ÇB·6¤òw8Ù¯uÿaö1o¾×pHEìªvèDSágÇYÄù·ùc×MSÝtfáIAö¦ºÌoc47WòNuw¤1Ъ£òùj÷ÙP¨quG0¤VÈ4ùg¡ÎæRü¢h£eµ¬JU4Ç䢾¨j¨»5¤µBÇêIæ÷ªQÌÉEú3¦ìý¶3QÛTRï»tT°16èUì¾Üy2ÆÕ®©6ü×HåÉeËëéÝÙNÄ÷ÈÌ´åýÍO8µlv£Í°ÏRëìÌIàÇÍB¢AMvÂÀ¬HÆÓ¾¨×¢þ¾CætÈL7c«3ÛÈSª®ö¡ÓÜc¼ÌNÇHj3çÍcâ§òhh2BW»ëõÙÞSÿËÓ4¦ðÅçuïÕ¬ã
>>
>>48815441
She's got a hand fetish
>>48805366
Why?
>>
>>48815562
That's 1'000 characters, 7135 bits, using upper lower, numbers and high ANSII characters.
I think if they just took all the most important Alleles and entered them they could get away with it.
My computer generated that in a second, probably less, whatever they have 50 years from now could easily generate a code 1000 times as long in probably less time.
>>
>>48815606

DESU, 7k encryption probably wouldn't be nearly enough.
>>
>>48806271
Social adept and I am shamelessly stealing this idea.
>>
>>48803290
Double tap both with suppressed Smartgun. Stuff bodies in the ventilation system. No witnesses.
>>
>>48805380
She looks a little bit like Urkel.
>>
>>48813757
>not always a man

We're talking about Shadowrun here, not your diary
>>
>>48803462
either way hes winning more than the rest of us
>>
>>48816710
>men can't be sexually harassed

Same mentality that sees male rape victims and domestic abuse victims ridiculed and ignored.
>>
>>48815690
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/09/the_doghouse_cr.html
>>
>>48813402
>Today isn't so bad if you're an engineer

You can't see it but I'm chuckling heartily. Things are ok if you're a PRINCIPLE engineer but any other role is severely fucked. You're the person everyone goes to with problems, you're the only one to give answers which get completely ignored and then you get shit on when everything goes wrong because no one follows your advice

t. engineer for a government contractor
>>
>>48815351
The point behind the fridge comment is that in a cyberpunk dystopia you accelerate the dehumanization of workers to the extreme. Wage slaves don't get harassed because no one even registers them as people. They're property, like an appliance or a pet you kind of hate but tolerate its presence. When you've got BTLs, ultra def super porno trids, and your company sponsored spouse with built in fuck-upgrades the only people who grope their subordinates are deviants, like vore fetishists
>>
>>48818246
>The point behind the fridge comment is that in a cyberpunk dystopia you accelerate the dehumanization of workers to the extreme.
That becomes difficult to do when you see them every day.
>>
>>48818333
So? You see the appliances and your pets everyday too
>>
>>48814959
>>48815154
36^12 = 4738381338321616896 unique combinations. Why the fuck do you need more?
>>
>>48819447
Because it would be trivially easy to make it more, that's why.
>>
>>48819499
I know you can, I asked why do you need to do so.
>>
>>48819535
It just seems absurdly low to me. A decker's deck should be able to output that entire list of combinations in less than a day, if not an hour.
>>
>>48817343
>Same mentality that sees male rape victims and domestic abuse victims ridiculed and ignored.

The victim is always, definitionally, to blame. Who else, the victor? They wanted harm and got harm. You wanted no harm and got harm. Obviously, half of that was wrong.
>>
>>48819585
And? I dunno, maybe I don't understand something, but SIN is just a number, reference to database.
When you buy fake sin, you don't pay just for the numbers, you pay for the hours of work to create fake personality and inject bunch of records into various databases to make this sin look legit.
>>
File: 1470868279141.png (490KB, 543x471px) Image search: [Google]
1470868279141.png
490KB, 543x471px
>>48819589
>definitionally
>>
Are there any source books from any edition that focus on law-enforcement in the Sixth World? I've been considering running a Knight Errant campaign and it would be handy if I had some reading material that focuses on that particular aspect.
>>
>>48819589
I mean I can't really argue with this logic, the math checks out
>>
>>48806358
>Street level shadowrunners can be hired for 1,000 nuyen to break a wageslave's boss' legs in.
> break ... legs in.

"Okay, Mister Johnson wants you to take these cyberlegs and put some miles on them. He's offering a thousand nuyen."
>>
>>48821686
Looks like his legs are ok
>>
>>48815597
>I cannot fully comprehend
>>
File: dare you enter my magical realm.jpg (68KB, 630x417px) Image search: [Google]
dare you enter my magical realm.jpg
68KB, 630x417px
>>48804138
>Ah blobfish, if only they could understand our love...
>Hush Steve, their oppinions do not matter. Only our hearts do. Now give me some of that bad dick of yours....
>Unzips dong

Probably a fetish simsense chip or trid on the matrix. Like the various kinds of niche porn in real life.

>Pic related would be seen as tame and too 20th century
>>
File: aztechnology.jpg (95KB, 369x556px) Image search: [Google]
aztechnology.jpg
95KB, 369x556px
>>48804637
>>
For one, many corporations actually have literal corporate whores on staff. There's mention of an exec who has killed a few through exhaustion by loading them up with drugs for fuckin'. She's high enough on the totem pole that she keeps getting more.
>>
Efficiency metrics don't hurt. Like, seriously just taking a second to stretch your shoulders can seriously impact your day's labour output measurement in a corp.
>>
>>48820595
Vice is a shitty, boring book, but it has a section on it. Other than tht, there are just snippets through the entire edition history.
>>
>>48806271
>that see-through skirt
>>
>>48801581
>Shadowrun and Unprofessional Behaviour
>Shadowrun and Unprofessional
>Shadowrun Unprofessional
>Shadowrunprofessional
>>
>>48824160
2e had a whole book on Lonestar.
>>
>>48803542
>her
>nebbish: a person, especially a man, who is regarded as pitifully ineffectual, timid, or submissive.
The security guard is a buff ork woman. The accountant is a male gnome that she's planning to ss into the floor. It's the sixth world, omae.
>>
>>48803860
Is that motherfucking Joshua Sweet, Medical Officer?
>>
>>48804755
that is abso-fucking-lutely terrifying
>>
>>48813440
>>48812252
>>48806494
>>48806328
>>48804783
>>48804389
>>48804199
>>48804180
>>48804179
lurk more you fucking newfags
>>
>>48803421
Yeah, that would be the point.
Some people just enjoy other people hurting.

Personally I just enjoy the thought of hurting other people but I've been beaten into someone with sympathy and empathy somehow by my parents, go figure. I just can't get myself to harm someone no matter how pleasurable the thought is before it becomes real life.
Now I just read fatalpulse doujins instead
>>
>>48807000
genuine curiosity, what tools specifically are you talking about here?
other anon
>>
>>48805396
Why is blue-shirt so tiny
>>
Where's the normal Shadowrun general thread?

btw is there a book list for everything Shadowrun 5e related?
>>
>>48818246
>Wage slaves don't get harassed because no one even registers them as people
I don't see how not seeing someone as a person makes you less likely to want to fuck them?
>>
>>48803288
Yeah, have you ever stuck your dick in one? How about a mouth?
Not the same, bro.
>>
>>48804138
This man's clothing is one size too large
>>
>>48801581
>If the Shadowrun world is a near-future megacorporate dystopia, what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment in the workplace?
In my cyberpunk setting things work like this: corporations have places where sexual harassment and mobbing can be signaled. From there the corporation's human resources division will start an inquiry. If the perpetrator is clearly identified and there are proofs/witnesses, he will get a trial, and then get punished, usually by downgrading and mutation to a shitty place. Alternatively, he/she might get a personality implant and get mutated, etc. If the suspect is a really high-level exec, then it will be the victim who gets mutated to a more pleasant place, or promoted in a different area. Occasionally, things don't go that smoothly, victims have accidents, witnesses retract their testimonies, proofs get deleted, etc.

The biggest victims of sexual harassment are people from outside the company as they do not profit of its protection and the police has more important things to do. If we take some fast-food chain as example. The franchises inside corporate ground are well policed. The staff is protected. The franchises in the slums, are supervised by corporate personnel, but the human staff, doesn't belong to the company. The boss is more or less free to do whatever he wants (doesn't mean he won't get a knife between the ribs).
>>
>>48806532
The megacorps have a sort of corporate EU where a council of voting member corps oversee intercorporate issues, corporate management issues, and other things that require a more neutral adjudication. It's called the Corporate Court; it's based out of an international space station. It was formed after several early megacorps had a world war against each other.
>>
>>48803423
>I can't even

Isn't there somewhere more astroturfed where people like you hang around?
>>
>>48825382
look for srg in the catalog
for the books check the pastebin in the OP
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ASK IN THE THREAD
>>
>>48825845
Umm... I'm looking for a catalog like a library index with an ISBN. Not sure what you thought I was looking for?
>>
>>48825922
can you speak kraut?
>>
>>48825996
Don't deal with dragons! Ess Kay! Ess Kay!
>>
File: ForWhatPurpose.jpg (26KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
ForWhatPurpose.jpg
26KB, 400x562px
>>48804138
>>
>>48801581

Pretty much none whatsoever. Your only defense is the patronage of someone higher ranked than your harasser.

If it makes you feel any better, that's the way it works in government now. Government is good at policing everyone else, but not itself. What scandals do occur are usually because some more-powerful politician is using it as a pretext to go after a rival.

Bunraku parlours, anyone? You've got mind-controlled sex slaves and covered up murders; being microaggressed by Phil in accounting is way, way down on the list of concerns of a boss. You can write it however you want-- especially if you're worried about the feelings of a player or about it turning magical realm on you. You don't HAVE to include it, but it's probably a thing.

Remember, cyberpunk is a left-wing dystopian fantasy. What could be a better metaphor for class exploitation and wage slavery than having your boss call you in for a "performance appraisal" and you having no good option other than to fix a smile, go in, do what you have to do, and let your mind be somewhere else until it's over. Then you go back to your desk and cry, while the other workers are contemptuous and jealous of those special privileges that you'd give up just to make it all go away. Of course, some employees use sex to advance because they WANT those privileges.
>>
>>48804138

Why is that guy holding Lena Dunham?
>>
>>48826278

If you want, it's a great plot point. The boss hires runners to rescue a seemingly minor corporate drone that he's sleeping with (and who he might have told things he shouldn't have). The run has to be kept secret from his own bosses, who'd never approve the waste of money.

Or the runners find an abused secretary eager to get revenge, who surprises everyone by helping them. Or maybe he's getting revenge for being abused by turning corporate spy, and when the runners are hired to find the spy and eliminate him, they realize that covering up the harassment that caused him to go rogue is the real mission.

Or maybe she did the paperwork getting Johnson to hire your group for an assassination... and just changed the name from the real target to her harassing boss. The players do the job and then the Johnson denies everything and the players are left taking the blame.

A woman has been sleeping with a senior officer of the company and is using the influence she gets from that to claw her way bloodily to the top by eliminating her own rivals and bosses and getting promoted into their place.

The TV show Madmen is a good place to start. It takes place in the early 60s in an ad agency. The men openly chase the secretaries for sex; they go along because these are wealthy, handsome, powerful men and hope to marry one. Most get used and thrown out, or kept as mistresses and affairs instead. Christina Hendricks's character is a very sharp, sexy femme fatale who uses office sexual politics to sleep her way to the top. Another girl tries to work her way up on merit alone. There's a gay guy who has to stay in the closet, but his client's senior guy is also secretly gay and pressures him into unwanted rapey sex.

Lots of casual flings, too. Not all sex is harassment or dangerous. The constant stream of hookups and casual affairs means that people are blindsided when things do get complicated. And of course you get lots of office politics and backstabbing.
>>
>>48824102

You can also get inspiration from the real-life stories of systemic sexual harassment in the Soviet Union by communist officials. And from the sex tourism trips done by Japanese corporate execs (and others, but especially Japan). Just take the wildest, scariest shit and turn it into ordinary everyday life.

Recommendation: have some really creepy shit go down with young up-and-coming middle managers going after the SINless. Either kidnapping them and bringing them in for some "leadership bonding experiences" or where they gear up and become over-equipped but total amateur faux-runners going on safari in the slums.

The runners might have to take down weird incompetent criminals going on a rampage near their safe house, only to find that they're middle managers at Aztechnology or something and now have an enemy. Or they may be hired to provide security for one of these rape gangs. Or maybe hired to ambush them in the act by a rival corp as a PR stunt.

There's so much you can do with this kind of story that it's a no-brainer... except that such plots tend to bring out the worst in neckbeards and That Guys. And if you have a sexual assault survivor in your group (not necessarily female and you might not know until you Go There), you might uncork shit that you wish you'd let alone. Be VERY cautious working with this stuff, because like all powerful story devices, the emotional baggage that makes them so potent can blow your game group up forever.
>>
>>48826284
Because she is relevant to the thread, considering the subject matter is sexual harassment and rape.
>>
>>48826455
>corp safari in runners clothes
Stolen.
>>
>>48801581
>what checks exist to prevent massive sexual harassment?
>megacorporate dystopia

Have you never seen mad men?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.