[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Standard Thread 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 33

File: c4rd4r7_JKW38cUCxR.jpg (227KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_JKW38cUCxR.jpg
227KB, 750x450px
More discussion about Standard in MTG

>brews?
>hopes for kaladesh?
>secret deck tech?

Top 8 from the Pro Tour for EMN
magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptemn

>What's Standard Legal?
Dragons of Tarkir, Magic Origins, Battle for Zendikar, Oath of the Gatewatch, Shadows over Innistrad, Eldritch Moon

Standard rotates Sept. 30th, abuse CoCo while you can!
>>
File: o8hp32DqFt1tophcho2_1280.jpg (78KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
o8hp32DqFt1tophcho2_1280.jpg
78KB, 640x960px
Your waifu was a shit and died like a bitch.
>>
>>48792909
>hopes for kaladesh
Untargeted version of virulent plague.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
>>48792909
>brews?
Bant Clues. No Company because real men build decks in response to meta trends, rather than following them.

>hopes for kaladesh?
Cards that care about the number of artifacts in the field, also sacrifice outlets.

>secret deck tech?
new Tamiyo has proven excellent in clue strategies. The +1's draw is excellent, the Detain effect makes sure the enemy falls behind abd if you ulti her you basically win because you can just crack clues and keep casting shit for free.

I'm really looking forward to Kaladesh because the deck just needs a little push before it starts topping events like it was nothing.

At Gameday I played this deck against Nahiri Control and I 2-0ed the guy. Humans might not be the dominant force in the meta anymore, but Thraben Inspector is still one of the best 1-drops in Standard if only because it immediately gives you something to do T2 in the event you just didn't draw any 2-drops. Same goes for Confront the Unknown, Ongoing Investigation and Erdwal Illuminator, all seemingly inconspicuous cards that just steal the game as soon as it becomes a topdeck war.

I'm convinced the deck could consistently best Burn, Affinity & Dredge (White means best artifact and graveyard hate for the sideboard), Eldrazi and even Jund. Merfolk and Infect are probably bad matchups though.
>>
Hey guys, total noob here. I bought the EMN spirit tokens starter and am looking to build a good white/black deck since I like their flavour the most. I opened one Sorin recently and just about jizzed my pants.

Anything I should look for in my future purchases? I'm trying to push my deck towards either control or more token spam, but I wanna keep the white/black theme.
>>
>>48794718
You're in luck. BW (black and white) control is a very strong shell and can be made on different ways depending on your budget. The main idea is to get as much removal spells as you can, and a few creatures and planeswalkers strong enough to take the game by themselves. Sorin is a strong start, also look into Khalitas and Liliana. For removal languish is king in this format, but it will rotate in September.
>>
Alright, guys, I've been thinking pretty hard about the state of standard, and it seems more or less dominated by Emrakul and Liliana decks.

It's not that these decks can't be diverse, there are certainly differences between Temur Turbo Emrakul and the Emerge heavy variant. Liliana finds home in GB Delirium as well as WB Control.

My question is whether or not there is a deck that can at least boast a 50/50 against these grindy decks and big mana decks that doesn't run one Emrakul or Liliana itself?

Wr humans is almost there, but I think 4 Kozilke's Return mainboard shuts that down.

Is Bant CoCo the only answer left? How's Season's past and Spirits doing? TurboThing? Do these even boast close to a 50/50 against Emrakul and Lily decks?

Any decks I've missed that warrant discussion?
>>
>>48794064
>because real men build decks in response to meta trends, rather than following them.
Real men build decks using cards they like. Don't be a bitch.
>I'm convinced the deck could consistently best Burn, Affinity & Dredge (White means best artifact and graveyard hate for the sideboard), Eldrazi and even Jund.
Oh I'm laffin

>>48795183
>How's Spirits doing?
Lili is very good against them. I'm going to have to get a few Imprisoned in the Moon for the sideboard
>>
>hopes for kaladesh?
Surprise Phyrexian invasion in the second block and and Jasetice League getting there asses kicked.

>brews?
RB Madness

What are tg thought on it?

CREATURES 24
4 Insolent Neonate
4 Vampire Cutthroat
3 Asylum Visitor
4 Heir of Falkenrath
4 Furyblade Vampire
3 Incorrigible Youths
2 Stromkirk Condemned

ENCHANTMENTS 3
3 Stensia Masquerade

SPELLS 14
2 Collective Brutality
4 Fiery temper
4 Alms of the Vein
4 Tormenting voice

LANDS 19
4 Foreboding Ruins
7 Swamp
8 Mountain
>>
I mostly play EDH so I have no idea if my deck is any good, gonna play at my LGS tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. Also, how do I sideboard?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/revel-in-tities/
>>
>>48795760
Unless you're wanting to keep it super budget, I don't see a reason not to be running Olivia.

Falkenrath Gorger is probably better than Vampire Cutthroat as well and most lists I've seen have replaced Heir of Falkenrath with Olivia's Dragoons for a more consistent discard outlet.

I'd also say 19 lands is way too low, I run 24 in my vampire list because it's fine to just discard any extra once you reach 4 or 5.
>>
>>48795760
Your only repeatable discard outlet triggers during your own turn. You know madness lets you cast your vampires at instant speed, right?

And consider indulgent over cutthroat; when your guys get targeted by removal spells, it's nice to be able to sac them in response.
>>
>>48795643
I already beat Nahiri Control, so why wouldn't I be able to beat another T1 Modern decks?

I have mainboarded a strong lifegain subtheme so I have a good matchup against Burn. The deck's strong mid and lategame helps beat other aggro decks like Death's Shadow Zoo, Eldrazi or Affinity when they run out of steam.

Beating Jund at its own game is no simple task, specially with LotV or Bob on board, but creature-based decks are good at taking care of walkers and Bob kills its user at quite a fast rate. Clues require mana, but being able to crack several a turn means you can potentially outvalue Jund with several draws a turn, moreso with Tamiyo while still having mana to cast the cards you draw due to most of them being cmc 3 or less.

Also Spirits can deal with Lilli much easier with Anafenza.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>48799401
P.S.: I do like these cards. Specially broken-ass ones like this.
>>
>>48795760
Nice deck, how about including Nahiri's Wrath and Kalitas?, I think they'd work great here.

I don't like Vampire Cutthroat here though.
>>
>>48799401
>I already beat Nahiri Control
>standard game day
>modern

>>48799455
>Specially broken-ass ones like this.
>this card
>anything even near broken
>>
File: willtopopapringle.jpg (200KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
willtopopapringle.jpg
200KB, 400x534px
>>48795877
Anyone?
>>
>>48799615
Check out fevered visions
>>
hi /standard/
played UW spirits at game day yesterday and today, made semis both days
yesterday lost 1-2 to bant company, today lost to 1-2 to humans.
advice for the sideboard against humans? i need a wrath and just picked up two planar outburst today
>>
>>48799606
A bud brought his Modern deck since he only met me there to exchange some cards after meeting with his modern playgroup. It wasn't a game in the tourney or anything.

Also, when you can Investigate 6-8 times per turn (even your opponent's) and investigate up to 5 times simply casting the spell with some Illuminators on the field, Confront the Unknown basically reads "(G): Answer or loose"
>>
Post em
Went 4-1 with this got 7 packs and the sweet sweet mat. Do I need a tube for the mat? I never had a mat before.
>Bant coco/emerge: Just fuck my shit up... didn't sideboard very well. Octopus to tap all my lands on upkeep.
>Random 6 year old shit brew: beat his ass g1, then get stuck with 3 fevered visions in hand g2 against morkrut nekropod. Ass pound him g3.
>Random spirits/always watching deck:Beat him two games to one.
>Top 4 against enchantments deck: Get destroyed from looping enchantments effect pre-sideboard. Mull to 4 game 2 and keep 4 lands, but counter his first few plays and win thanks to goldknight castigator. g3, fevered visions fucks him up his ass and blood trickles down his leg as he exits the store.
>up against the same bant deck as from match 1 again. Get beat game 1 by octopus again. g2 spell fevered visions comes out and I get to spell shrivel stuff. g3 he gets stuck on 2 lands for like 6 turns even with fevered visions out.
best pull from packs was gisa and geralf or voldaren pariah.
>>
>>48799881
how many turns of set up (basically doing nothing) until that card does anything? too many.
>>
File: WP_20160814_18_43_07_Pro.jpg (419KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160814_18_43_07_Pro.jpg
419KB, 1632x916px
>>48799938
forgot pic
>>
>>48799938
What's your list? I also did ur but got destroyed
>>
>>48799982
those are village messenger in the upper left since my other two collective defiance didn't come in the mail yet. They're just for sneaking in a few damage when on the play.
>>
>>48799881

If you can do it unimpeded then you're already winning, or your opponent is braindead. In any normal situation you're asking for getting 2-for-1.

I really fail to see how can you even think of winning against of modern Tier 1 decks if even stuff like Tier 999 deck like mono green stompy gets lethal damage as soon as turn 3, and you probably need a lot of setup. I'm really curious, just post the list.
>>
>>48799964
Can be +8/+8 by T4-5. With prior damage its already a kill.

Getting one is easy enough digging with the clues themselves. That may reduce Confront the Unknown's effectiveness, but at the same time it pumps all Tireless Trackers in the field. Have more than one and you are already winning on the exchange.
>>
>>48800171

Too bad tracker is unplayable by modern standards. It's a 3 mana drop that does nothing when he hits the field, and dies to a bolt.
>>
Reposting this silly brew of mine from the last thread. TGs thoughts on it?

Creatures
1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
1 Kozilek, the Great distortion
1 Desolation Twin
1 Oblivion Sower
1 Conduit of Ruin
3 Matter Reshaper
2 Thought-knot Seer
2 Endbringer
2 Reality Smasher
2 Endless One
2 Eldrazi Mimic
2 Walker of the Wastes

Spells
4 Warping Wail
4 Titan's Presence
4 Spacial Contortion
1 Scour from existence
1 Gruesome slaughter

Artifacts
2 Hedron Archive

Lands
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Shrine of the Foresaken Gods
16 Wastes

Sideboard
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Hedron Crawler
2 Hedron Archive
and nothing else because I didn't have anything else to throw in that I would have used or fit.
>>
>>48800089
There's no real way for your opponent to stop you from generating clues. The real value comes from the Erdwal Illuminators, you just gotta investigate once each turn (your opponent's included) and there's plenty of ways to make it happen:
>Casting creatures with Bygone Bishop and Thraben Inspector
>Tireless Tracker gives them on Landfall
>Ongoing Investigation gives one if you damage the foe and, most importantly, lets you investigate at instant speed while gaining life with its secondary ability

In the end its a Clue free-for-all and your opponent can't do much about it except mass creature removal like Languish. But that's what Quellers are for.

I also actually won at T10 after grinding the opponent out. I could have done it sooner but I couldn't generate many clues early on (consistency isn't usually a problem, but I was able to gain huge amounts of life off the ones I got, so that helped against bolts and snappies.
>>
File: 1470225472739.jpg (106KB, 861x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1470225472739.jpg
106KB, 861x1300px
>>48800474

>jeskai control
>wasting bolts on melting someone's face instead of regaining the board control (>losing board control when playing a controling deck against a standard deck)
>turn 10
>no emrakul out

He fucked up hard.
>>
>>48800089
this is standard general.
>>
>>48800272
Actually, the most crucial moment of the game was when my friend bolted the tracker I had on the field T5. It had a +1/+1 counter on it though I didn't anymore clues, but then I used Ongoing Investigation's ability and cracked the clue, saving my Tracker... Until it got Pathed next turn.

Still, I managed to kill the Nahiri on board and I still got value out of it (had to deal with three throughout the game).

Also, if you haven't played a land before casting Tracker you can play a land and get a clue instantly because lands don't go in the stack.

Anyways, yes, things die to removal. But when you play a lot of creatures its very hard for the opponent to remove everything.
>>
>>48800474
collected company + trash cards = trash deck (and you prob don't even run collected company)
>>
File: EN_Nissa_2_Gallery.jpg (567KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Nissa_2_Gallery.jpg
567KB, 1200x675px
>>48793464

God I can't wait until Pissa finally dies. I want Emrakul to utterly break her mind and torture her for untold days, killing her and resurrecting her so that she can die again. her body will be an utter wreck but her mind will still be alive as Emrakul's tentacles wrap around her every thought and synapse, turn every childhood memory into a horrible nightmare. Every time she flees for some happy thought as a refuge, like a mouse fleeing the scissors you grab it by the tail and drag it back. Her death would be utterly exquisite, and the rest of the Jacetice league would have it beamed to them telepathically, getting a front-row seat watching Nissa's brain utterly ravaged and destroyed. She will be shown things that utterly contradict the reality she knows, and raped by them. The wacko Far Realm beasts from wherever the fuck the Eldrazi come from will have their way with her every second of every day, and Emrakul will create a time loop and trap her within it, forcing her to experience a single second of pain stretched over 40 years, so that she lives literal milennia in true pain. Emrakul will resurrect every dead elf Nissa ever loved and kill them in front of her, over and over, each elf will die 10 times and the entire death sequence will repeat 10 times so she will be tortured 100 times the number of elves she knew. After that she might be finally allowed to die, but her soul will be so wracked by nonsenisical, reality-warping power that it will be truly unable to die, and Nissa will be buried by her fellows, still completely aware, the pain of her infinite torture still within her, as she is buried alive and slowly rots over the coming months. She will feel every worm, every maggot, every bacterium that feasts on her corpse, and know it is her punishment for releasing the Eldrazi in the first place, like the dumb bitch she is.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>48800611
He did bolt my creatures every time, i just refused to let go and played more. Also having my creatures be removed was crucial to winning later in the game as I mentioned here >>48800695

Also he did damn try to get Emrakul out. He almost made it with the second Nahiri too.

>>48800715
I don't run enough creatures to run Company.
>>
>>48800089
Also here's the list after yesterday's changes after testing Tamiyo:

Creatures: (21)
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Jaddi Offshot x2
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Spell Queller x4
>Graf Mole x3
>Tireless Tracker x4
>Felidar Sovereign x2

Planeswalkers: (3)
>Tamiyo, Field Researcher x3

Enchantments: (4)
>Ongoing Investigation x4

Sorceries: (4)
>Declaration in Stone x4

Instants: (4)
>Confront the Unknown x4

Lands: (24)
>>
File: 2016-08-14 19.05.43.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-14 19.05.43.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
I tried making a deck off the cards I have, but it's not performing that great. I don't have many cards as I'm new to this game
>>
>>48801100
Cut the blue famalam
>>
File: 20160814_003703.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_003703.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>48793464
My waifu never died
>>
>>48800722
Is this a spicy new copypasta?
>>
File: No_bad_boner.png (38KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
No_bad_boner.png
38KB, 324x289px
>>48800722
Is it bad that I found this pretty arousing? at least up until the the part where she rots.
>>
>>48801654

But that's the best part....

>>48801384

No? I jsut wrote it. I hope that happens to Nissa but Wizards doesn't have the balls to kill off a female character.

>>48801100

> unironically playing 3 color in Standard

It's like you want to get rekt.
>>
>>48800722
>>48801654
Is it bad that I found this pretty arousing? Including the the part where she rots.
>>
File: 2-jaya.jpg (169KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
2-jaya.jpg
169KB, 300x400px
>>48801366
Only characters from before the mending can be good waifus, so lily technically counts, the rest deserve >>48800722
>>
>>48801016
Thing is, if you bolt the Trackers you can't prevent the clue engine from going off and bolting the Illuminators is just a waste of time because the Trackers are still going to get a shitload of clues AND are going to grow beyond bolt range.

And if you can't even choose what to bolt between trackers and Illuminators there's Quellers too. There's just no way to remove everything before something gets you. Maybe trackers and fliers beat you down, maybe you got one-shotted by Confront the Unknown, maybe Tamiyo managed to cast her Ulti or maybe it was the Felidar Sovereign, of all things.

Its just too many things to take care of, something ends up getting you.
>>
>>48801016
"Man, this deck is really sweet, but I feel like it's missing something. Felidar Sovereign. Ya, that's what it was."
>>
>>48802680
You'd be surprised. A single Graf Mole in the background can net you quite a handful of life. Whenever I've played the game I've gotten to astronomic life totals throughout the game. That's why Felidar Sovereign is there as a 2-of, because it makes for an excellent topdeck lategame. It IS a pete peeve card of mine though.
>>
>>48802526

I'd love for Lilliana to get raped by Garruk and each of his animals. Or die being ripped apart by Phyrexians. She's kinda cool though. I bet she's a fuckin kinky animal in bed. Does she fuck Jace or has WotC made all the characters homosexual like they did with D&D and Pathfinder?
>>
>>48800722
>Edge

Chandere? That you?
>>
>>48803032
I think they've fucked before
>>
File: bingo.png (78KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
78KB, 800x600px
it is time
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cult-of-sigarda-gw-humansinvestigate/

Wellp. This deck had a few really good games, a few wins that absolutely stomped, but ultimately fell short.

I blame a few misplays on my part, but more important a complete failure of my sideboard.
>>
>>48803688
>Always Watching in a token list
No wonder it failed, try Second Harvest next time.
>>
>>48803807
Maybe because it's not a token list.
>>
D E L I R I U M
E
L
I
R
I
U
M
>>
>>48803833
>Generates a shitliad of Human tokens
>Also Lots of clue tokens
>Is not a token list
Sure thing pal. Pray tell, what it is, then?
>>
>>48803934
A human deck using clues to keep up card draw.
>>
>>48800695
>Also, if you haven't played a land before casting Tracker you can play a land and get a clue instantly because lands don't go in the stack.
the stack must be empty for you to play a land and the opponent can respond to Tracker entering the battlefield.
>>
Is the Investigate mechanic any good to build a deck around?
>>
>>48804124
Read the thread bruh. There's been a few clue decks discussed.
>>
>>48804124
for casual play, yes. don't expect to win any FNMs though unless your competition is weak.
>>
>>48804310
>for casual play, yes
>don't expect to win any FNMs though
>FNMs
>casual play
>different
People like you are killing the game.
>>
>>48804332
Don't you know fnm is only for the top 8 net deck if whatever the latest event was? God you casuals
>>
>>48804332
The fact that Tolarian "Casual Beyond Belief" Community College hosts a podcast that does nothing but talk about tournaments and tournament decks should give you an indication, nigga
>>
There sure are a lot of freeze spells and creatures in Eldritch Moon. Stuff that makes creatures tap and not untap on their next turn.

Is that a viable mechanic to build around?
>>
>>48804332
>casual play
kitchen table, EDH
>not-casual play
structured tournaments from fnm to pt
>tryhard play
pt
>>
>>48804434
No. CoCo and Temurge will outpace your tapdowns, and BW control's Lili just doesn't care about them. Might be okay against Delerium, but you really don't want to stall for a long time into an Emrakul.
>>
>>48804813
>Temurge
>doesn't even use our lord and savior sarkhan
what kind of a crap temur build
>>
>>48803032
Lili and Jace totally got it on at least once.

>I'd love for Lilliana to get raped by Garruk and each of his animals.
I wouldn't count on it.
>Or die being ripped apart by Phyrexians.
Probably not.
>She's kinda cool though. I bet she's a fuckin kinky animal in bed.
A potentially accurate statement.
>>
>>48795760

Wew lad I'm at work but I'm gonna reply with a lot of advice when I get home.
>>
>>48800024

I just checked collective defiance glad I bought like 10 copies cause I thought it was op.

Same goes for crypt breaker but for now I was wrong on that one.
>>
>>48805528
it's op until you get blown out by a spell queller.
>>
>>48795760
anyone else sick of the justice league? mtg wasnt about these 5 dick heads back in 7th ed when I started.
>>
>>48802626
>>48801016

If this deck is so good I wonder why nobody played it a pro tour... Maybe because it does nothing for like 5 turns hoping for your opponent to just watch you across the table? Bant coco/GB delirium decks can easily outvalue it. The first just put threats on the board and force you into defensive, the second can just 1-for-1 and then outvalue you.
>>
>>48805999
Trips speak truth. I'm all about fun and shit brewing but let's not kid ourselves by thinking clue storm is some hidden deck tech to break standard.
>>
>>48801016

The only cards I would consider threats are trackers and maybe Quellers, other than that it doesn't do much.
>>
>>48805804

Plenty of people are tired of Planeswalkers in general and the Superfriends in particular, or at least the consistent efforts of the writers to make them the most important shits in the multiverse
>>
>>48806038

>tfw I just want to see Jace dead
>>
File: alchy.png (201KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
alchy.png
201KB, 265x370px
So there is no judge thread up so figured I would ask here while burn is on the come up

Whats this cards interactions with madness? How can I or my opponent maximize damage from him? When do I tap him when sequencing things?

Lets say I have a alchemist on the field and I want to cast tormenting voice discarding fiery temper for cost

What am I doing and when to be efficient?
Also where do madness cards go? It says "cast or it goes to the grave" but everyone seems to just place them in the grave regardless.
>>
>>48807944
There's minimal consequence in tapping alchemist early unless you need it to block or bluff you have anything.

You could sequence your turn like this
1)Tap alchemist
2) Cast Tormenting Voice discarding Temper, putting Madness and Thermo triggers on the stack, Thermo trigger on the top.
3) Resolve Thermo untap
4) Tap Thermo to ping
5) Resolve Madness casting fiery Temper and putting Thermo untap on stack
6) Resolve Thermo untap
7) Resolve Fiery Temper
8) Resolve Tormenting Voice

Then tap Thermo again at the end your opponents turn.

Madness cards go to exile from discard, then they can be casted. Then they go to graveyard after resolving. Usually players just shotcut and put them to grave.

I'm not a judge though so take it as you may.
>>
>>48793890

I just hope it isn't the same shitty steampunk as Mirrodin was.
>>
How is my deck? It's the first deck I've ever put together for standard

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humanity-and-horror/
>>
>>48794064
Do you run oath of gideon with tamiyo? I'm surprised I haven't seen it more often.
>>
>>48809290

I don't even know what I'm looking at.

What's the general idea here supposed to be?
>>
>>48809391
Humans turning into horrors. I just liked Hanweir the Writhing Township so I wanted a deck built around it

I don't really know what I'm doing
>>
Thinking about getting back into MTG again after being away for literally years. How are things going nowadays? How expensive is it to buy the cards you need, how many top tier decks are there that are at least relatively budget-friendly? How much do you spend on MTG Standard per year?

I'm thinking of just re-installing Cockatrice and playing on that. Love the game but the money you have to keep putting into it always bothered me.
>>
File: Bilde 15.08.2016, 18.57.15.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Bilde 15.08.2016, 18.57.15.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just got my first booster-box, what should I do with it? Pack-wars until I find which art has the mythics and then draft with the rest?
>>
>>48810710
Draft!

Buying sealed is a waste of money unless you draft with some friends.
>>
Working on reviving one of my pre-EMN decks and need some feedback. Deck list is as follows:
Creatures (15)
>2x Drownyard Explorers
>2x Erdwal Illuminator
>2x Pia and Kiran Nalaar
>3x Reclusive Artificer
>2x Thopter Engineer
>4x Whirler Rogue

Sorcery (4)
>4x Press for Answers

Artifact (6)
>2x Alchemist's Vial
>1x Alhammarret's Archive
>3x Prism Ring

Enchantment (11)
>4x Ghirapur AEther Grid
>2x Ongoing Investigation
>2x Thopter Spy Network
>3x Trail of Evidence

Instant (6)
>2x Anticipate
>2x Confirm Suspicions
>2x Jace's Scrutiny

Land (18)
>2x Evolving Wilds
>8x Island
>2x Mountain
>3x Shivan Reef
>3x Swiftwater Cliffs

The idea behind the deck is to get an Aether Grid out as soon as possible and start generating clues and thopters to kill anything my opponent puts out. Thopter spy network + Alhammarret's Archive will provide insane card draw. Archive + Prism Ring provides decent life gain. It works well enough and is extremely fun to play. I want to get a few more good games with it before it's no longer standard legal. Are there any EMN cards I could add to it to make it more effective? Also, what's a good replacement for Swiftwater Cliffs?
>>
File: 1467301173506.jpg (112KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
1467301173506.jpg
112KB, 784x708px
>Liliana, The Last Hope is $44.99 american
Justify this. I understand that it's a good card in standard, but I've never seen it in any other format, and I don't think it has any other non-niche playability. Is this all speculative investors trying to artificially inflate the price of a card because reasons? This isn't a Kalitas situation, or even a Nahri situation, it's literally the opposite. No one is using this card for anything significant outside of standard, does standard playability alone justify the price tag?
>>
>>48812644

Basically why I switched to playing hearthstone and cockatrice instead, with budget cheapo decks for FNM with buddies.
>>
>>48812644
Baneslayer Angel.
BabyJace.
Etc.

There's always one hideously over-valued card that's dirt outside of standard.
>>
>>48812749
I disagree with the result, but I understand your premise. This is why I play commander, I can buy a single of just about everything. No fucking way I'm going to spend 224ish on a card that has absolutely no value once standard rotates.

>>48812765
>baby jace
Yup, that's exactly what I mean. Snapcaster is objectively better, and now you can buy one for like $25. As soon as it rotates, I can't see it being more than $15, and even that's over priced. I think it's a problem with the format. Certain cards that have no playability will become staples of temporary deck archetypes, and people will pay a shitload of money for them because their self-worth is based on winning the most accessible format of magic outside of drafts. It just doesn't make sense, particularly when new Thalia is amazing in a couple of decks, and EM has some of the most playable commons/uncommons since delve. I just didn't know whether there was a reasonable justification for it.
>>
File: Bilde 15.08.2016, 21.32.53.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Bilde 15.08.2016, 21.32.53.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48811846
A little too late, opened 1/3 of the box, as the Tamiyo-boosters had an Ishkanah, the second Ishkanah I got is foil. I'll use the 20 other boosters for drafts.

Rate.
>>
Has anyone made a good Gisela deck yet?
>>
>>48812851
Snapcaster is a bit better, but Jace is a very different card and both see play even in same decks. Snapcaster has a higher floor, which is important in any format with Lightning Bolt, while Jace has much much higher ceiling. Just a merfolk looter has won many many games of Magic by itself while Jace also offers spell recursion and a powerful +1 and win condition for only 2 mana. Jace has been the most powerful card in Standard since Origins and saw play as a 4x in many decks (Esper and UW control, Jeskai, 4c goodstuff, Bant Company, Rally the Ancestors, UR, basically any blue deck). It's only stopped so low because WotC did not print any playable blue cards afterwards in fear of Jace.

Liliana is a 3 mana walker. 3 Mana walker does not need to do much to be powerful and Liliana's plus ability is gamebreaking considering how early in the game she comes out. I don't think there's any two-drop in standard that has any power left after getting plussed on and many creatures outright die to it. From there it's relatively easy to keep plussing Lilly until she ultimates while her -2 is also powerful. The only reason she is not played in modern is because LotV exists and even then I could see people running her.

If every standard player want's to play 4 copies of a given mythic that's sure to become expensive.

Thalia in comparison is relatively fair card that some decks run as a few copies and is not a mythic.

Also German highlander is way better than commander.
>>
>>48811846

>buy foreign product
>friends dont retain knowledge of shit so cant remember what the cards do
>cant draft with my foreign product

shit sucks
>>
>>48815704
Quit buying foreign cards?
>>
>>48813306
Bump, anything I should trade before the price drops?
>>
Guy was playing this on stream.
Thoughts?

He took out 2 Displacers and the Waste for Pilgrims Eye and an Island.

I think it needs a two drop, maybe Abbot or Curious Homunculus? Realistically, probably just Jace.
>>
>Brews?
Took 5th place in gameday with mono-green growth deck. (Just as basic green as green gets) not even ramping into anything, but putting counters on all guys and then drawing a card for each one.

>Hopes for Kaladesh?
I really want to see an artifact creature generator. Something like the old "nusance engine". Artifact acceleration would also be really good, as well as tribal support. Finally, my equipment deck really needs a double strike sword, something with a low base cost, but high equip cost so that Sigarda's Aid decks can be a thing. Maybe a hangarback Walker Reprint.

>Secret deck tech
Mono-blue wizards. Every counterspell gets a free wizard token!
>>
Is this the correct thread for someone new to MTG to ask for some advice/tips?

Are there any infographics or good videos to help get better?

I have only been playing MTG Duels so far but want to buy some cards soon too, is it best to just get a few pre-built decks? Thanks.
>>
>>48792909
Friendly reminder you're all a bunch of cucks and you're the reason why no one gets good cards anymore because of your hugbox cuddly friendly baby mode format

Fuck you guys
>>
>>48817874
Modern is holding magic back, not standard
>>
File: 1470327457991.jpg (41KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1470327457991.jpg
41KB, 500x336px
>>48817855
How do you want to play magic?

If you want to be competitive, my advice would be to choose a high tier deck, not TOP tier, those require rather extreme skill, but something respectable in the $100 price range. Buy the cards as singles, possibly even have the FLGS staff assemble the cards for you if they will do it for a reasonable fee.

If you want to play modern or older, I suggest you again pick a simple strategy with cheap cards and practice at every opportunity.

EDH/Commander is one format where I WOULD buy a premade deck, just to have something to participate in games with. Many EDH decks are CRAZY expensive or competitive, but usually that can be balanced out by a group of players that attacks the strongest one at the table.

If you want to just play with your friends, then I suggest you examine what kind of power level your friends are playing at. (a bad rule of thumb is to count the mythics/rares in their decks, and plan to include a similar number.) It really sucks to start playing with friends and totally dominate them in every game, but at the same time, you don't want to loose all the time either. Friendly magic is a game, not a hardcore competition and you need both sides to be roughly balanced.
>>
>>48817855
>Are there any infographics or good videos to help get better?

Play a LOT, watch videos of pro's and read articles, channelfireball, SCG, all those kinda places have pro's post articles and games.

Don't buy precons.

Look around on different sites, mtggoldfish, mtgtop8 (if you're a tryhard), tappedout (if you're mostly an FNM player) and look for a deck that catches your eye and pick up the singles.
>>
File: 220px-MarkRosewater[1].jpg (16KB, 220x391px) Image search: [Google]
220px-MarkRosewater[1].jpg
16KB, 220x391px
>>48817886

This is what MaRo posters actually believe!

Don't worry little standard baby! We know how powerful a card like Llanowar Elves is, that would be way to powerful for standard! You can be happy with Leaf Glider now, what an upgrade!

Effective removal spells? Doom Blade would be far to powerful. Please enjoy every removal spell for no on being a rare! Hey, gotta sell packs somehow! You dumb goyi- I mean worthy customers will be sure to purchase these Magic cards to help improve your Standard decks!
>>
>>48818529
They are a business. That don't make any money on modern cucks spending thousands on a viable deck from secondary markets.
>>
Anyone have a link for the Art of Innistrad PDF?
>>
File: declarationinstone[1].jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
declarationinstone[1].jpg
42KB, 265x370px
>>48818567

>What is keeping card equity at a premium while doing the bare minimum to appease standardfags

They could make plenty of money off of Modern cucks by putting chase cards in standard sets.

But they won't because you standardcucks will lap up whatever shit they throw at you, this card being a great example!
>>
Where can I read the magic comics? I remember reading them online years ago but can't find them now.
>>
>UB control is my favorite deck type
>Requires new Liliana and Emrakul

Fug, when will these prices crash?
>>
>>48820661
huh, never heard of
sound cool
>>
>>48820666
When they rotate out of standard.
>>
What's the best place to sell cards online? Have a couple of SDCC black foil promos I'd like to sell.
>>
>>48822479
Ebay them, or deckbox
>>
>tfw I can't play tap out control in standard anymore because Maro says its not fun
>tfw I can't play combo in standard
>tfw I can't play red aggro in standard

Kaladesh better diversify standard or I'm getting out
>>
>>48794966
>Languish is king
Ruinous Path would like a word with you
>>
>>48795183
I play Azorious control, it's pretty strong.
>>
>>48795877
Cut the revelers down a bit, I think they'll slow you down since you're low on instants/sorceries, consider Collective defiance in its place
>>
>>48799796
Blessed alliance let's you kill a creature on their attack phase turn 2, also gain 4 life turn 4, and untap blockers turn 6 (or any variation) I think it's staple versus aggro.
>>
>>48800395
>Oblivion sower
Just add another reality smasher
>End Bringer
Play another reality smasher
>matter reshaper in a deck with a high mana curve
Play more thoughtknot seers
>Scour from existence
Play any other card, I suggest an artifact, honestly I'd main board 4 archives total
>Evolving wilds in a colorless deck
Dude don't play those at all, get sanctum of Ugin, westvale Abbey, Geier-reach sanitarium, and ruins of oran-reef
>>
>>48800395
Eternal scourge would be fun too
>>
>>48812644
>3 drop Walker resolves with 4 loyalty and a plus ability to protect it
>Kills tons of 1 toughness modern staples
> graveyard to hand shenanigans for anything, from snapcaster to emrakul
>fits black archetypes like a glove
>Ult is an emblem that is win con
There's no downside to her. She literally hits the board as the more versatile answer at the lowest cost like every time.
And she's huge outside of standard.
>>
File: 1394555603799.jpg (322KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1394555603799.jpg
322KB, 2560x1920px
>>48824476
>And she's huge outside of standard.

Fuck no

She's her price because standard is basically value the format and her -ability allows you to recycle your den protectors and grind your opponent with value. Her +ability is pretty shit outside of taking a dump on spirits. Plus if you want to put her in your standard deck you will need 4 basically and shes mythic.

That's why she's at her current price. It's the baby jace of the last standard, if you play (their color) you need them and you need 4 of them. Don't lie and say she's "huge" in other formats.
>>
>>48824476

>modern
>emrakul
>graveyard

You don't play modern, do you?
>>
>>48824238
They said they were going to print some usable counterspells in Kaladesh, so I think they're aware that blue control decks aren't a thing anymore.

Although that fucker did say that they're not intending on bringing back draw-go control
>>
>>48824675

>Although that fucker did say that they're not intending on bringing back draw-go control

>Not bringing the non interactive autism.dec back (daily reminder: it isn't interaction if just one player interacts, and the other do nothing), that clogs the game and goes turns like 75% of time
>a bad thing

Maybe not a standard thing, but I loved how Ali tried to play draw-go at the last SCG tournament, and everyone, even fucking commentators just mocked him.
>>
>>48824721

>do
>does

fuck me, fuck my phone.
>>
File: 20160816_073818.jpg (3MB, 4032x1343px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_073818.jpg
3MB, 4032x1343px
Made some budget bant humans no Coco post rotation hopefully blue gets good in kaladesh deck

Want to fit in pacifists I think. Any suggestions?
>>
>>48825000

It would be much better as just regular WWr build imo, Don't go bant if you lack cocos
>>
>>48825000
I would cut at least one Tamiyo, replace them with Sigarda maybe?
>>
>>48825026

Its just theorycraft for now, and I think bant will do fine post CoCo.
>>
>>48824606
Was an example, she gets big and small stuff was the point, doesn't have to be modern.
>>
I played bant Humans and in my board I have two tragic arrogance.

Literally won me matches against mardu control, mirror and b/g delirium (lilli emblem in play)
>>
Been thinking about a UR sorcery and instant deck. I kinda want to have 1/2 mana combat tricks and then finish with Mercurial Geists by pumping them. Maybe Harness the Storm for extra pumping? Do you think this could be at all viable? Any input appreciated thanks.
>>
I pulled Arlinn yesterday, are there any fun decks with her?
>>
>>48827872

Naya Superfriends really. That's it.
>>
>>48810473
>formats by money, Tier 1 decks only.

STANDARD
>$100-500 upfront and about $50-100 each set release, forever.

MODERN
>$1000-2000 upfront, minimal upgrade costs yearly.

LEGACY
>$1500-4000 upfront, minimal upgrade costs yearly.

VINTAGE
>$3,500-21,000 upfront, minimal upgrade costs yearly.
>>
>>48826431
UR Spells is a T1 deck already.
>>
>paper
>feels more authentic
>actually physically own cards
>meet people
>pay2play
>expensive

>online
>best board state
>play whenever
>dont technically own anything
>still expensive

>duels
>essentially free
>play whenever
>magic LITE - no side board - no cards - card restriction - standard only - etc

I want to play this game, but I just can't
>>
R8 my landfall brew

what should i cut for baby nissa until she rotates?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-08-16-Sil-landfall/

3x Beastcaller Savant
2x Dragonmaster Outcast
2x Mina and Denn, Wildborn
2x Omnath, Locus of Rage
2x Primal Druid
2x Scythe Leopard
3x Sylvan Advocate
3x Tireless Tracker
3x Undergrowth Champion
3x Evolving Wilds
9x Forest
4x Game Trail
8x Mountain
2x Sword of the Animist
3x Animist's Awakening
3x Explosive Vegetation
3x Traverse the Ulvenwald
3x Atarka's Command
>>
>>48831209
cockatrice or xmage might solve your problems, though the cockatrice community can be an unforgiving fuckswamp
>>
>>48824721
>less archetypes are better
>non-interactive

Weird cause in my experiences after sideboarding the other player usually has cheap counterspells to fight with like negate or dispell or hand disruption like duress. Making the game interactive and usually involves a lot of choice from both parties

But I guess it's cool if Wizards infinitely panders to midrange value vs midrange value. It's way more entertaining to watch a den protector to get back a liliana and then the liliana brings back den protector and then they pop a clue to...
>>
im new to magic and this my first deck. what do you guys think?

>Creatures
x3 Unruly Mob
2x Kor Scythemaster
2x Kor Sky Climber
1x Subjugator Angel
1x Fortified Rampart
2x Tajuru Pathwarden
2x Tajuru Beastmaster
2x Oran-Reif Invoker
3x Veteran Cather
1x Sigarda, Heron's Grace
1x Joraga Auxiliary

>Other Spells
1x Tandem Tatics
2x Allied Reinforcements
3x Chaplain's Blessing
1x Spectral Reserves
1x Retreat to Emeria
1x Sylvan Scryings
3x Natural Connection
2x Swell of Growth
1x Nissa's Renewal

>Artifacts
1x Pilgrams Eye

>Planeswalker
1x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

>Land
2x Blighted Steppe
2x Blighted Woodland
2x Tranquil Expanse
8x Plains
8X Forrest
>>
>>48832221
it's entirely legal i think, but you sir have a very large pile of possible improvement

It looks like you're trying to do a lot of things all at once that aren't really going to help each other out. What's your plan with the deck? I'd like to be as helpful as possible since you're new. When you imagine beating someone with the deck, how does it happen?

Answer that and we'll go from there about how to go about improving it.
>>
>>48833060
i was trying to go for a agressive type deck. attack quick and often kind of thing. i picked a human type theme and just picked cards i thought would be good to play with. i appreciate any kind of feed back. i dont want to look like too much of a fool at FNM
>>
>>48833830
it strikes me as a list that is built out of a small collection. is there a budget constraint on the deck? "no cards over 5 dollars" or something along those lines?

a quick rule of thumb is that you want as many copies of the cards you want to see the most

>4x: i want as often as possible
>3x: i wouldn't mind seeing more than once
>2x: i would like to see once
>1x: i wouldn't mind seeing once

It all comes down to budget in the end, but you're playing in one of the most popular archetypes.

most of those 1x like sylvan scryings or tandem tractics or spectral reserves should be switched out for something more specifically helpful

gatherer.wizards.com has a good search engine that you can use "advanced settings" to really target what kinds of cards you want to find, i recommend you set the filter to not-blue,black,red and then standard format and see what the pool looks like you're drawing cards from
>>
>>48832221
these are other people's takes on the same idea

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/soi-gw-humans/

>mtggoldfish.com/deck/407242#online

>magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1262791

>channelfireball.com/articles/3-shades-of-humans/

dromka command a 1+/1+ counter onto lambholt is bullshit
>>
suggestions on catholicism? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/catholics/

2 Drana's Emissary
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
2 Bruna, the Fading Light
4 Gisela, the Broken Blade
2 Thalia's Lancers
4 Zulaport Cutthroat
4 Duress
4 Liliana's Indignation
2 Secure the Wastes
3 Vryn Wingmare
2 Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
2 Bearer of Silence
3 Eldrazi Displacer
4 Caves of Koilos
2 Crumbling Vestige
8 Swamp
9 Plains
>>
>>48835541
why the drana's emissary?
>>
>>48837249
It looks like the deck durdles a lot, maybe the drain would be relevent at some point?
>>
>>48838025
What's your idea of a wincon?
>>
>couldn't make it to gameday
>really fucking want that mat
>hover ebay all of saturday and sunday
>Missed a bid for one going for 50 dollars bid
>All the other ones are priced at 75 or higher for buy it now.
>All the auctions end in like 5 days
>See one go up for 65 dollars yesterday
>Don't hesitate, buy on the spot
A fool and his money are soon parted. This shit better get here by Friday.

I probably wouldn't have won even if I could make it
>>
>>48804069
No they cannot. You are the active player and can hold onto priority after something ETBs. So long as Tracker entering the battlefield doesn't trigger anything you can get a land drop off before your opponent can respond to it.

It is similar to how you can drop a planeswalker and then activate a loyalty ability before your opponent has the option to respond (so how Jace and Liliana are both out of bolt range).
>>
>>48824476
>Kills tons of 1 toughness modern staples
Are you fucking stupid? Just about every 1 toughness card in modern doesn't give a shit about liliana. Snapcaster has already generated value, Arcbound Ravager and Inkmoth Nexus don't give a shit, Infect has a million ways of protecting or pumping their elf/agent, sakura tribe elder gives 0 fucks, delver has already flipped by turn 3, and Thalia made you waste your turn 4 removing her.

The only 'staple' that liliana actually does shit against is Grim Lavamancer. She also is reasonably good against flickerwisp, young pyromancer, dark confidant, and vendillion clique; but none of those see nearly enough play to be considered staples (neither does Thalia desu).

Meanwhile, Goblin Guide, Swiftspear, Goyf, Boggles, literally every Eldrazi, Scooze, Anything in Zoo, Dredge, Living End, UWx control or manlands just laugh at her. Liliana of the Veil is better in basically every situation.
>>
>>48840023
Not a 2/2 flyer for 3 that only drains 1.
>>
>>48840330
Why? It's just a mat with Lili on it. It won't have the sentimental value because you didn't actually win it.
>>
File: image.png (646KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
646KB, 1136x640px
>>48840551
This guy ran new lilly in his grixis list, she isn't a modern staple but she also isn't outclassed by LotV in every single black deck.
>>
Thinking about a nice wizards tribal shitbrew. Here's hoping Kaladesh will give it some love.

Creatures
>4 Thraben Inspector
>4 Daring Sleuth
>4 Reflector Mage
>3 Docent of Perfection

Artifact
> 3 Brain in a Jar

Sorcery
>3 Declaration in Stone
>3 Angelic Purge

Instant
>2 Fortunes Favor
>2 Epiphany at the Drownyard
>2 Tenacity
>3 Void Shatter
>2 Expose Evil
>3 Unsubstantiate

Lands
>3 Port Town
>2 Prairie Stream
>10 Island
>7 Plains

Sideboard
>3 Thing in the Ice
>2 Confirm Suspicions
>2 Negate
>2 Dispel
>2 Not Forgotten
>2 Engulf the Shore
>2 Rise from the Tides

How shit is it desu
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>48806018
You might reconsider that with my new spicy tech for Modern.
>>
>>48840930
Nice fun deck man.

You might want to add green for Confront the Unknown and other clue stuff.
>>
>>48840850
It looks nice and I haven't gotten myself a new playmat in around 2-3 years.
>>
>>48844494
I could see splashing green for Confront and Tireless Tracker, but I wasn't really looking to be super clue centric. The thought for this deck was "what if reflector mage was even better than it is right now?"
>>
>>48843311

>imlpying affinity can sacrifice any flex spots for clue generators
>>
>>48844812
>Implying its anything like Affinity

Here's my Modern list. I'll let it speak for itself:

Creatures: (16)
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Arcbound Ravager x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Tireless Tracker x4

Planeswalkers: (3)
>Tezzeret, the Seeker x3

Enchantments: (7)
>Hardened Scales x3
>Ongoing Investigation x4

Artifacts: (2)
Krark-Clan Ironworks x2

Instants: (8)
>Confront the Unknown x4
>Path to Exile x4

Lands: (24)
Darksteel Citadel x2
>>
File: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>48846103

So you die on turn 3/4 against all the Tier 1/2/3 decks?

>can't do shit against: ad naus, dredge, bogles, jund, junk, fish, scapeshift, affinity, burn, bant eldrazi, tron, infect, abzan company, grishoalbrand, tokens, living end, elves.
>>
>>48846642
Where do you take it from that I can't do shit to any of those decks?

There's one thing I can do, and that's wreck face.
>>
>>48816947

No unfortunately the only thing I can see there worth Value and is probably going to maintain real value is your Ishes. However, Eldritch Evo has a place, it just hasn't had a chance to shine yet, as I know the Judge at my LGS said he wants to try it in one of his modern decks.

Also, Selfless is key player in most of the top 8 bant decks, so I recommend keeping it around, it's sac - indest is just soo good.
>>
>>48847467

1. You can't do anything against combo decks like ad naus/elves/living end/scapeshift/grishoal. Your deck is too slow and lacks any form of disruption. If twin were legal they would just combo out t4 if able.

2. There's nothing you can do against combo-aggro decks like dredge-company-infect. As you're too slow and you lack any form of meaningful disruption.

3. Hyper aggro like affinity just rotflstomp. Bogles rotflstop you as well as there's nothing you can do against a 11/11 first strike, vigilance, lifelink, trample cunt banging at your door (and we're talking about turn 3 here).

4. Your matchup against tron is like this: "oh, you played T3 tracker, that's cute. Here's Karn. Have fun."

5. Jund/Junk/Eldrazi (hello to T2 thought nazi) just outvalue you

6. Merfolks just walk over you with 12 lords and islandwalk.
Also Tezzeret is a dead card, you will never cast it
>>
>>48825036
>>48825000

Not having Town Gossipmonger
Probably one of the best 1 drops next to Neonate
>mfw
>>
>>48828264
>>48827872

Don't forget Janky Zada/partisan Werewolves! Nothing like having 50 2/2 wolves out...
>>
>>48847894
1. You can't do anything against combo decks, they play solitaire, not Magic. Still, the sideboard exists to accommodate for these matchups and I'm in blue, the colour of counters.

2. I think I have a pretty good shot at beating Company. I'll give you Infect and I don't know enough about the latest dredge variants to pronounce myself but I do have access to Rest in Peace and Relic of Progenitus.

3. You mention no Hexproof / Shroud, so I'll say -> Path to Exile. Also say hello to my friends Stony Silence and Kataki, War's Wage over here.

4. Ghost Quarter.

5. As I said, I can outvalue Jund and Junk with bigger creatures, higher, more consistent draw. Eldrazi I don't know, we'll See(r).

6. Yes, Merfolk predates on blue decks and thus this is weak against it. The Merfolk's matchup pretty much comes down to that.

7. The hell you are saying Tezzeret's a dead card?, He wins the game for you the turn after playing him and lets you go semi-infinite draw with Krark-clan Ironworks, plus it fetches Ravagers against Junk so you can benefit from modular when Junk Abrupt Decays them.
>>
What do you think about my r/b vampire midrange?

http://deckstats.net/deck-10879397-0bf64acfd69874ddab89f4f21da544be.html
>>
>>48848528

So, you're trying to tell me you have a horrible matchup against most of the tiered decks G1 and G2 you hope to draw your sideboard to stand a chance. That doesn't look promising.

>1. You can't do anything against combo decks, they play solitaire, not Magic.

Then why modern isn't combo: the format (especially as it lacks FoW package)? It has something to do with Jund being the best deck.

>Still, the sideboard exists to accommodate for these matchups and I'm in blue, the colour of counters.

Your sideboard is limited to 15 cards, you already mentioned rip, relic, kataki, stone silence.

2. I think I have a pretty good shot at beating Company.

How can you stop their combo outside of 4x path?

> I don't know enough about the latest dredge variants to pronounce myself but I do have access to Rest in Peace and Relic of Progenitus.

During the latest SCG tournament a dredge deck just won over rip on camera. All rip did was slowing him down for two turns.

>3. You mention no Hexproof / Shroud, so I'll say -> Path to Exile

One path to exile won't stop death shadows zoo (and your non combat interaction is limited to 4x path). That relates to other hyper aggro decks as well, even mono green stompy.

> Also say hello to my friends Stony Silence and Kataki, War's Wage over here.

So g1 fold, g2 hope for the best?

Also 11/11 bogle in question still rams your door as you can't path it because it's a bogle.

4. Ghost Quarter.

Greedy manabase (as every 3 colour deck in modern) +slow deck +ghost quarter doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

5. As I said, I can outvalue Jund and Junk with bigger creatures, higher, more consistent draw.

Only if Jund/Junk does nothing for the first 5 turns of the game. And these decks are made of interaction. First they will shred your hand then they will just... Hell, they don't even need to 1-for-1 you as your creatures are weak (especially ravager does nothing in your shell for like a half of the game). (cont)
>>
>>48849562

(cont)

They just need to wait and kill the tracker.

>7. The hell you are saying Tezzeret's a dead card?

It's a 5 mana walker that doesn't recover you from a bad board state The game is long over before you cast it.

Anyway it's a standard thread, so if you're willing to talk about your modern brew then do it here: >>48826547
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.