[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 39

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Ded Gaem Ded Thred Ed.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: Nonon.jpg (202KB, 1626x913px) Image search: [Google]
Nonon.jpg
202KB, 1626x913px
Noise marines, dirge casters and marching band cultist spam, or SoB with a metric shit ton of Exorcists?
>>
First for Codex: Deathwatch scan
>>
REPACKED VANGUARD VETERANS FOR DEATHWATCH WHEN
>>
>>48792558

What's considered to be the most overpowered bullshit army/list right now?
>>
>>48793296

Other than Space Marines or any variation of them, by the way.
Chaos is okay, though.
>>
>>48793309
Eldar, tau, war convo(?), daemons(?)
>>
File: Iron-Father_Autek_Mor.png (902KB, 720x670px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Father_Autek_Mor.png
902KB, 720x670px
W-would it be ok to use 30k Iron Hands Red Talon transfer decals for soon-to-be-manifest 40k Red Talons?

Also how much Heresy gear is too much for a Second Founding chapter? They're an Iron Hands successor, and Iron Hands still produce MKIV, so I imagine I can justify using lots of it? Not entire squads of it, just intermingled with MKVI/VII here and there.

Sternguard will use some MKIII, maybe for 1 character MKII, mainly MKIV and MKVIII
>>
>>48793423
And to completely overdo it cataphractii termies and a contemptor
>>
if I want to play a list that's fluffy and competitive, what should I pick?
>>
>>48793327

>war convo
What?
Are Daemons really that powerful? I thought Chaos was pretty weak right now.
>>
>>48793525
CSM sucks, KDK is okayish, renegades&heretics are decent and Daemons are good.
>>
File: 20160813_200145.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_200145.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
We played a 6000 per side apocalypse game for the first time last night. Primary takeaway: Superchicken is not to be fucked with.
>>
>>48793549

Cool.
I do already have a fair few Daemons. I've been collecting models for years but never played a game before last night (using a friend's army). Got totally ass fucked but I'm hooked on the game now.

Here's what I've got in terms of Daemons right now (single units each):
Bloodletters
Horrors
Flamers
Plague Bearers
Exalted Seeker Chariot
Soul Grinder
Lord of Change

What to add/not bother with?
>>
>>48793620

Oh I also have 3 Bloodcrushers. I don't think that's enough for a full unit.
>>
>>48793525
Specific demons lists can be stupid. Mass summoned free shit, psyker phase domination, nearly army wide 2++ rerollable are all possible.
>>
>>48793620
>>48793644

Ugh forgot one, also have a generic Daemon Prince.
There's probably more I'm forgetting. Like I said, I've been collecting for a really long time and it's easy to forget about things I have.
>>
>>48793525
Daemons aren't, but spamming summoning is, and Daemons can overflow the board with it in like 2 turns. It's hilarious and OP as fuck.

War Convo's pretty good too, all that Plasma's gonna do something, plus 300 pts. of free wargear and relics is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>48793620
Get rid of everything that's not tzeentch.

You win by drowning the enemy in summoned psykers that genere psychic dice for summoning psykers that summon psykers and improve invulnerable saves.
>>
>>48793686
Tzeench I want to make a Daemon army just for the stupidity of Summoning while summoning summoners that summon.
>>
>>48793513
For what army?
>>
>>48793686
>>48793728

Hmm, any advice for me on Daemons if I don't want to do the summoning thing? Will I have to pick a different army?
I just wanna stand up to my buddy's armies, not drown him in bullshit and make it not fun to play against me.

>>48793672

What's a war convo
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>48793788
Special group Admech formation, dominated competitive stuff back when you could embark in battle brothers drop pods.

Pic related
>>
>>48793788
Summoning and spamming psykers to buff invulnerable saver is the power play for daemons.

The issue with daemons is they have only three units with actual shooting attacks so it's down to psychic shooting and melee.

Slaanesh chariots make for very destructive missiles, though like missiles they can't take hits themselves, their troops are good at tearign into quality units.

Nurgle are decent at the take and hold game, their cloud of flies makes them tough against shooting, especially when in cover, but not as tough in melee unless you get a Herald with the Feel No Pain Loci to buff.

Khorne... are better used in KDK armies.
>>
>>48793833
Are you fucking kidding me? Free upgrades?!

>>48793788
Well you can do summoning, but play with restriccion, like only one summon per turn.
>>
what would a strong generic KDK list look like at 1k pts? i really have no idea, i'm new
>>
>>48793778
whatever army. i.e. something that doesn't revolve on vehicle spam or whatever
>>
>>48793905
Well there's shitloads of fluffy and competitive lists you could run. You need to pick an army first.
>>
>>48793970
>>48793905
Or a theme at least.
>>
>>48793423
honestly, I wouldn't worry about the amount of certain marks of armour you have in your squads, I'm doing a star phantoms army with almost exclusively mkIV, mostly because I'm not a fan of mkVII
also
>that gayboy stuttering shit
stop that
>>
File: 1408831407916.gif (1MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1408831407916.gif
1MB, 331x197px
So im out of the loop when it comes to Deathwatch.

How filth are they?
>>
>>48794035
Yes
>>
>>48792814
Soon™
>>
>>48794016
lol this
you people fucking stutter over text and its fucking bizarre
>>
>>48793596
>Takeaway superchicken
Sounds delicious
>>
>>48793883
eldar, space marines, and wolves also have formations that give free equipment.

>>48793889
juggerlord, hounds, cultists for easy killing, skullcannon, bikers with melta
>>
>>48793883
I find it funny that people are so ass-blasted about free stuff when _ALL_ the formations give you free stuff in terms of bonuses.
>>
>>48794092
I play SoB, our formation are apocalypse only.

Tend to forget the broken shit.
>>
>>48793889
gorepack, skill cannons, Lord on juggernaut with the axe of fuck you, 35 point bloodthirster
>>
>>48794154
SoB Formation.

3 full squads of 10 Repentias, 3 Penitent.

Gives re-roll to feel no pain. Can only do it once during the game due to FNP is an Act of Faith.

Yeah sure.

Salt aside I personally think Formation should stay as Apocalypse only, or at least an agreement between the players to use them in normal games, same goes for SH, GC and Flyers.

Since unless you came prepare to face a particular Formation, SH, GC and/or Flyers in a normal game, some armies simply auto loose. Mainly due to unbalance and underpowered codex.
>>
>>48794163
wanna know a secret? for those armies it's not the most broken stuff

hell, my chaos daemon formations aren't so much broken as they make the army msu heavy, great at capping objectives and a modified warp storm.
>>
>>48794238
But... there isnt any normal formations for SoB. Stop making shit up.

But I kinda agree with you. Formations should cost something if they are powerful and have more drawbacks. Riptidewing is a prime example of bad design. There is just no point at all to not take it if you are wielding 3 riptides.
>>
>All the guard formation are shit
>>
>>48794269
There 3 formation, Apocalypse only.

Angelic Host:
Celestin and 2-5 Seraphim
FORMATION RESTRICTIONS
All Seraphim Squads must have 10 models.
SPECIAL RULES:
Fearless
Victory Or Martyrdom:
All models in this formation re-roll failed invulnerable saving throws.
Winged Deliverance:
If the unit is held in Strategic Reserve, they can Deep Strike at the start of any friendly turn. All weapons in the formation have the Shred special rule on the turn they Deep Strike.

Basically gives their AoF without rolling. Also it gives Invulnerable re-roll to Celestin, since Seraphim already re-roll invulnerable save.
>>
>>48794334
>There aren't any NORMAL formations for SoB.
Apo formations dont count. And apocalypse is an old, unusable book anyway.
>>
>>48793596
paint your shit faggit
>>
>>48794358
Indeed. I just find funny that formation SoB basically give them things they already have.

Angelic Host and Repentant Host are simply stupid.

Purge Squadron is silly but at least the special attacks are cool.
>>
File: img3fd76f0607555.jpg (145KB, 500x1713px) Image search: [Google]
img3fd76f0607555.jpg
145KB, 500x1713px
>>48793650
>>48793686
>>48793883

So Daemons of Tzeentch list with lots of focus on summoning then, to sum up?
>>
>>48794394
this might be the gayest model i've ever seen
>>
>>48794394
It is a random list, can be fun, but if you over summon it can get frustrating to other player.

And well you need 30+ models to run it.
>>
>>48794400

What did you just say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Planet of Sorcerers Super Secret College for Smart People and Awesome Psychic Powers.
>>
>>48794394
>dude, let me in! i'm a fairy!
>don't you believe in fairies?
>>
>>48794430

Eh, I'm probably bad enough at the game that it won't get too frustrating. I mentioned earlier that I just played my first game last night using my friend's models.
They run Tau, Necrons, Eldar, Space Wolves, and Grey Knights with enough heavy hitters to wipe out entire squads easily.
I'm now picturing playing a take & hold game desperately summoning hordes of Daemons while I get the shit pounded out of me by Skyrays and Doomsday Arcs.
>>
>>48794563
>>Tau, Necrons, Eldar, Space Wolves, and Grey Knights

One of these things is not like the other things.
>>
>>48794092
>>48794168
so, are the marines on foot themselves not good? cause i wanna run some berzerkers or something
>>
>>48794983

2 of these things are not like the other 3 and vice versa, anon. I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
File: 1464564497418.jpg (94KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
1464564497418.jpg
94KB, 780x438px
How do i play against an Imperial knight at 500pts as imperial guard?
>>
>>48795509
You pack your shit and find a better opponent.
>>
>>48795341
Tau, Necrons, Eldar and Space Wolves are all competitive-tier armies.
>>
Would anyone complain about me using Raptor Chapter tactics in a Sons of Corax detachment, using the raven guard relics from the Kau'yon/AoD supplements?
>>
>>48795171
Marines on foot are never good. Bolters do nothing under the current rules. You can play through a dozen games and never cause a single unsaved wound with a bolter. Melee units never make it into melee, so you might as well take them off the table as soon as they deploy. There are a few exceptions like highly mobile superheavies and monsters with melee weapons, but these will get shot to death because you have to get within 4" of an enemy to charge or else the dice will fail you. Even if you do make the charge you'll get shot up by overwatch. If you're playing against Tau then the whole army will get to fire overwatch at each unit that tries to charge, and that will happen every single time you charge. That's before you roll to see if the charge was successful or not. Then on the rare occasion that berzerkers make it into melee they're still causing very little damage.
>>
>>48796020
the more i learn about this game the more i'm convinced the assault phase needs a complete rework
>>
>>48795669
>i will avoid everyone that pose some difficulty like a complete asshole

what could possibly go wrong!
>>
>>48796020
>Marines on foot are never good. Bolters do nothing under the current rules.
Speaking of... >>48795819
Raptors allow bolters and their variants to be heavy 1 RENDING.
>>
>>48796128
He's right, even as Tau at 500 points I'd struggle to kill a Jump pack MC.
>>
>>48795509
By taking command squad with meltabomb and then as my Demolition Veterans that you can shove into a list. Then tell your opponent to not be a complete bellend and play a fair list.
>>
>>48796154
and Deathwatch can have heavy 2 bolters with 30" range that are functionally rending and wound any non-gargantuan creature on a rerollable 2+. With the right psychic shenanigans you can ignore cover and LOS. But I think we're pretty far past the basic idea of "bolters" at this point. And I'd still rather have grav cannons.
>>
>>48796128
Only way to have a semblance of a fair game is to 100% tailor all of your army for anti armour. Last I checked list tailoring isn't fun for anyone. But if you're going that route, proxy a Cerberus and hope you can get the shock pulse off. Or take a shadowsword. There's loads you can do but what's the point in having two SHs pointed at each other.
>>
>>48796430
Forgot to mention: also precision shots
>>
>>48796042
if gw wanted to make 40k good they'd license the bolt action rules
>>
>>48796430
>And I'd still rather have grav cannons
Why, when you can just go unbound for those Wraithknights?

I mean, you are being a faggot anyway, why not go all the way?
>>
>>48796438
Alright, i will ask the guy if i can bring a shadowsword, i do have a baneblade.
>>
>>48796625
You can say everyone who uses grav cannons, wraithknights, riptides or stormsurges is a faggot. But when I show up to the local store, that's what the players bring. I'm not going to drive 100 miles for a game and I'm not gonna play in some 40k neckbeard's cat-piss-smelling basement, so I can join the local meta or I can stay at home and paint.
>>
can I do anything useful with a terminator lord's cadre in a nurgle daemons list?
>>
>>48796890
>stay at home and paint.

Grab a pint and wait for this shitty meta to blow over.
>>
>>48796973
Great, I'll just kick back and enjoy the even shittier fluff. Can't wait to see what comes out of this "oh noes all of the eldar souls are dead forever yet the plot still won't advance in any meaningful way and the status quo is exactly what it's always been" bullshit.
>>
>>48797096
have you considered playing a different game?
>>
>>48797096
changing the status quo of the game's lore isn't good for business because people don't like it when the setting is ripped apart (ie end times, age of sigmar)
>>
>>48795819
Rules-wise, I would because the Raptors are not Raven Guard nor are they using Raven Guard chapter tactics.
>>
File: file.png (43KB, 358x113px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
43KB, 358x113px
>>48797235
>nor are they using Raven Guard chapter tactics.
They did back when the FW chapter rules were released.
>>
>>48795751

They don't really go by what's competitive, they just pick fluff they like.
>>
>>48794065
It does.

>>48794381
I know, dude. Daemons player has conned painter dude into his greater daemons but can't be bothered to paint his eight thousand horrors. At least prime them.

Tau guy painted his entire third hammerhead over the course of this game.

Knight guy of course has his three models painted.

Necron guy makes slow progress as he bullies his wife into painting his stuff.

I'm the yellow things. Im only missing that achilles and a couple marines I think.

Collectively we need to finish our terrain.
>>
>>48797404
I don't understand why anyone still tries arguing against this.

The rule LITERALLY says "as per the Raven Guard Chapter Tactic" - The text is merely quoting the chapter tactic. So when the rule changed, then this did too - the text is just outdated.
>>
If you email Forgeworld they'll tell you you can use Raptors tactics with Raven relics.
>>
>>48796020
That's some pretty serious heresy you're shooting off about the emperor's perfect infantry weapon. I don't know what your meta is like but I have been loving using the boltgun and heavy bolter portfolio in a sternhammer. But I guess if you play with assholes who use nothing but T8 wraith gargantuan bullshit I can see where you're coming from.

I think my point is don't play with douchebags?
>>
>>48798304
okay I'll just wait until a 30k group starts up in my area, then bolters and heavy bolters will be back on the table.
>>
>>48797131
That's what the other anon was suggesting. Stay home and wait for the rules to get better. But hypothetically, in some conceivable universe in which you decide to play a game, the choices are bring your grav (or equivalent "faggot" tool) or auto-lose.

I guess if you can get 70 bolter marines firing on the same riptide at 12" range then you might kill it.

>>48797144
The lore does change, though. It progresses in little baby steps. That's why it's fucking stupid to give some minor sideshow faction a massive fluff event that by all logic should completely change the outlook and direction of an entire mainstream faction.
>>
>>48797684
Seconding this. I remember one anon posting an email from FW confirming the use of the new rule.
>>
>>48798197
Holy shit. Do you have a screencap? If so, thats fucking rad!
>>
File: Raptorsscouts2.jpg (661KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Raptorsscouts2.jpg
661KB, 3264x2448px
>>48796154
They're terribly fun in Kill-teams. I'm trying to assemble a bunch of scouts for my next kill-team, which will take much better advantage of the whole 'rending bolters' shennanigans. Also, Heralds of Ruin list time? I'd like some critique for this list, and to see other people's kill teams:

Raptors Tactics
> Team Leader
Sergeant: 24 points
- EBR Pattern Boltgun(Raptors Relic)
- Targetters
> Core
10x Scouts: 130 points
- Camo Cloaks
- Bolters
- 2x Heavy Bolters
> Special
3x Sternguard Veterans: 81 points
- 3x Targetters

For the most part, my Sergeant and his sternguard veterans all act as Sneeki Beeki Snipers, with the sergeant being the beekiest of snipers. Sergeant and Sternguard setup in locations where they can best be stationary snipers, in order to support a metric shitload of infiltrating scouts.
>>
>>48798304
>Perfect infantry weapon

Reminder an admech troop choice has the Galvanic Rifle which is a strictly better bolter with 6 more range AP4 and precision shot.
>>
>pirate pdfs of rulebooks and codexes
>buy as many of your models off of ebay second hand/pre assembled as you can
>chinaman for resin models
>if you ever need to buy new, use discount sites like wayland games

Any other tips for saving money on 40k guys?
>>
>>48800844
>chinaman for resin models
>chinaman for all models
*Ftfy

Also, learn to make your own molds.
>>
>>48800883
>all models
You then have to deal with more imperfections because of casting however, and resin tends to be more brittle than plastic also.
>>
File: image.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>48798197
Is this true?

I really want this to be true
>>
File: Ahriman1.jpg (433KB, 1400x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman1.jpg
433KB, 1400x1140px
are there any good novels involving ahzek ahriman? i was wanting to read more about him because he seems interesting to me.
>>
>>48801343
Have you tried the novel series you posted the cover from? Ahriman's not in very many books.

Off the top of my head: Thousand Sons (Horus Heresy), Atlas Infernal (as an antagonist), the third Dawn of War novel (avoid), and the Ahriman series by John French. That's about it.
>>
File: siohf.jpg (64KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
siohf.jpg
64KB, 900x506px
If you could remove one army from the game forever, which one would it be?
>>
>>48801926
i got interested in him since i used him for a game, so much power behind the cost of a land raider.
>>
>>48802039
tau, fuckin blue webs.
>>
>>48802039
Marines
>>
>>48802039

Chaos Space Marines.
>>
How long does it take for Forge World to restock an item?
>>
Tg, I feel dispirited about this game.

I know I was never going to be a spectacular painter, but I've been trying to improve and I always make a point to paint minis before I put them on the table or at least prime them. But after talking with wip general I feel like everytime I paint I'm just ruining my models.
>>
>>48802333
Practice. There's no substitute for it if you want to become a good painter. Paint models, paint other models, strip old paintjobs you can't stand, and paint those model again. Again and again for months or years or however long it takes until you develop to a point where you're proud of what you put down on the table.
>>
>>48802391
You're right, thanks.
>>
>>48802333
Thin your paints. Single most important thing.
>>
>>48795509
Chimera with Melta vets with distraction las sentinels flanking the sides.
>>
File: Kantor.jpg (95KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
Kantor.jpg
95KB, 800x655px
Just recently got Pedro Kantor and will possibly use him as a leader once I get around to 1500 points. Your thoughts on him?
>>
>>48795509
Here is what I would run, could be fun to see what happens.

+ HQ (90pts) +

Company Command Squad (90pts) [Flak Armour, Veteran w/ Lasgun, 3x Veteran w/ Meltagun (30pts)]
Company Commander [Close Combat Weapon, Flak Armour, Orders]
Laspistol [Laspistol]

+ Troops (310pts) +

Veterans (155pts) [Flak Armour for Squad, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun, 3x Veteran w/ Meltagun (30pts)]
Chimera (65pts) [Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser]
Veteran Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]

Veterans (155pts) [Flak Armour for Squad, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun, 3x Veteran w/ Meltagun (30pts)]
Chimera (65pts) [Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser]
Veteran Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]

+ Fast Attack (100pts) +

Armoured Sentinel Squadron (100pts)
Armoured Sentinel (50pts) [Lascannon (10pts)]
Armoured Sentinel (50pts) [Lascannon (10pts)]

Or
10 lascannon sentinels unbound because why not.
>>
Got me thinking, how do you guys think this will be recieved in the meta?

1850 points

Emperor's Talon Recon Company
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel [Lascannon]
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron

Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron

Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel Squadron

Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel [Heavy Flamer]
Scout Sentinel Squadron
Scout Sentinel [Multi-laser]
>>
>>48803180
I've no experience with him on the table but he was an admirable character in the Rynn's World book.
>>
>>48802039
imperial knights
>>
>>48802039
Tau: They fit the least with the setting.

However, if Evangelion or Gundam rps need a generic alien enemy, the tau work great for that.
>>
>>48793596
I play Tzeentch and this is me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdPU4W6sRHM
>>
>>48793620
Here's a rundown:
Bloodletters - Don't bring them unless they are free (summoned) and then only if you are out of other models

Horrors - these are a great backbone to your army and you will need them if you want any decent amount of (psychic)shooting or summoning

Flamers - kills anything short of power armor

Plague Bearers great at holding objectives

Exalted Seeker Chariot - great anti-vehicle/meq but av10 holds it back summon when possible

Soul Grinder - One of your very few shooting units and with av13 and a 5+ is decent

Lord of Change - great for raining psychic death upon your enemies and is decent in melee as well.
>>
Is it possible to take a Techmarine in a Deathwatch army?
>>
>>48803666
>>48802063
>and here...we...go
>>
>>48803911
Does it say you can in the codex?

Otherwise no
>>
>>48802039
Space Corgi's
>>
>>48803851
This. I personally don't bother with the Soul Grinder, I think honestly for 135 pts as your only real thing that shoots it gets downed too quick. Then again, I ally in CSM and find Obliterators actually do very well, so needless to say my Meta's pretty casual.

It's nice when your core guys are;
A SM player who just loves his Imperial Fists
An Eldar guy with a hardon for Specialists and a hatred for Wraith
Taufag that likes tanks and infantry
Admech that plays hammer and anvil but literally only wants to think of the game as fluff
An Ork player that wins
And a nidnog that enjoys all of the bodies

I live in a nice place. Paradise compared to the hellstories I hear on here
>>
>>48803465
42 scout sentinels?

jesus christ man, that is just beautiful
>>
How does Dark Green quartered with orange and purple diamonds sound for a Harlequin scheme? Alternatively, Dark Green quartered with Light Green and orange or purple?
>>
>>48802039
tau or space marines
>>48802130
y tho
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n9qkifF6m21sdompl.jpg (114KB, 435x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n9qkifF6m21sdompl.jpg
114KB, 435x750px
anyone wanna help a new player write up some fluff for a chaos space marine warband?
>>
>>48804261
I'd be careful with the Dark Green. If you make it lively like Calliban with Warpstone (Dark Angles) it'll look good, just not drab Nurgle-ish stuff. Go for it, sounds cool
>>
>>48804647
Caliban was pretty much the only color that I was set on. I'll keep Warpstorne in mind for the highlight. Any recs for the on and purple?
>>
>>48804628
If you want to bounce some ideas off of us, go ahead. I'm not sure what point there would be to having others write the fluff for Your Dudes.
>>
>>48803465
I feel like you need an HQ...
>>
>>48805008
well, i did some rolls on the tables and got imperial fists renegades which i thought was cool because the fists are one of the most loyal chapters and are pretty old, so i'm trying to think of a reason why such a chapter would go renegade. i also rolled "fanatical" devotion to khorne so they're pretty far gone
>>
>>48805052
not him but formations= battleforged.
>>
>>48805169

I feel like formations were a mistake...
>>
>>48796020
>If you're playing against Tau then the whole army will get to fire overwatch at each unit that tries to charge, and that will happen every single time you charge
I thought that other units joining overwatch counts as their one and only overwatch attack. Is there a formation now that allows a given unit to fire overwatch multiple times?
>>
>>48803180
He's a great character because you make Sternguard ObSec. In addition, he makes Melee squads Monstrous by giving theme an additional attack. Run him with some Vanguard Veterans or Honour Guard and you will have some fun with him. He is also pretty survivable off the bat with a 2+/4++/5+FNP. I run him with 7 Honour Guard with a Standard and a Librarian. The squad gets something like 56 attacks on the charge.
>>
File: vulture rear armor strafe.jpg (1MB, 1509x2006px) Image search: [Google]
vulture rear armor strafe.jpg
1MB, 1509x2006px
>>48795509

Vulture that vector dances behind him and unloads into rear armor every turn
>>
>>48803851
can't summon seeker chariots in 40k

in defense of bloodletters they'll crush a meq squad where as i tend to have problems getting enough rending hits in general
>>
why do we have 2 active general threads?
>>
>>48805100
Devotion to Khorne and Imp Fists? Self-flagellating siege breakers.
>>
>>48805372
So people have twice the amount of shit posts to sift through in the vain hope that they find something useful?

In other news, still no Deathwatch Codex upload?
>>
>>48805210
Nope
Babby just ass mad at tau
>>
>>48794280
Sure they are, they wouldn't be "unplayable" otherwise
>>
>>48795509
2 platoons full of melta special weapon squads.
>>
>>48805319
>str5
>rear armour 12
how do you figure, boss?
>>
>>48805319
They have 12 re armour and no-one takes a none-punisher vulture.
>>
>>48794280
Some of them are okay, it would be better if there was a cut in the minimum required units you need to take. I'm definitely never using the infantry platoon/company formations.

It would also be nice if Cadian detachments gave benefits to tanks since you can bring an army of only Leman Russ tanks with command/core.
>>
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE. The Ork moon over Terra has been destroyed by the newly founded Deathwatch. Terra has been saved!

>He was standing there, blank, lost, when the fragments of the moon entered Terra’s atmosphere and the night caught fire.

>The bones of the attack base fell on Terra. Flaring molten red from their descent through the atmosphere, they hammered the continental expanse of the Imperial Palace. Where there was night, titanic explosions created day. Where there was day, millions of tonnes of ash and dust blanketed the sky and brought down a reign of night. Sectors the size of hive cities vaporised. Millions looked up in the final seconds of their lives, and saw the mountains of iron and stone come for them. Millions upon millions more knew nothing. They moved through their entombed lives, far from any view of the sky, ignorant until the blow, the fire, the cathedrals turned to ash, the towers’ crushing fall.

>Shockwaves annihilated ramparts. Winds of hundreds of kilometres an hour raged outward from the craters. Firestorms were a hundred kilometres wide. The dead at impact were fortunate in their ignorance or their momentary horror before oblivion. The victims of flame and wind and burial knew terror. Death came to them with great fear and pain.

>Victory was choking, burning, suffocating, dying.

>Victory was the most terrible destruction for a thousand years.

>The greater meteor swarm spared the precincts of the Inner Palace. Small fragments fell closer, pulverising roofs. They slashed the night with streaks of fire. One struck the Widdershins Tower a glancing blow, shattering the plex-glass windows of the Cerebrium.
>>
>>48806406
>The big strikes fell beyond Mesring’s view of the horizon. The huge fragments vanished, and then he saw the awful sunrises of fireballs. The glow of devastation was the hammer blows of a wrathful god. Then the wind and the dust came for him, reaching into the Cerebrium with a furnace blast. He screamed, then. The hand of the Beast itself had come to claim him. He fell to the chamber floor, abandoned to a monstrous transcendence.

>He was not found for two days. Even then, he was still screaming.

-Beast Arise series : Watchers in Death

The Imperium is victorious. Post your victory faces!
>>
Other than Tzeentch Daemons, what armies are routinely generating 12+ Warp Charge? I can understand wanting to limit Malific Daemonology, but a Warp Charge cap essentially bans Tzeentch Daemons while leaving all the other psychic reliant power builds unaffected.
>>
>>48806440
Some Eldar lists can probably do it.
>>
>>48806440
Eldar, Grey Knights.
>>
>>48799400
>>48801017
Not 100%, see FW tends to give a different answer to every ambiguous question.

Only answer that never changes is "ask your local game group"
>>
>>48802039
Miltemp
>>
>>48803109
I'd say picking not awful colour schemes tops that.
>>
Is Andromeda full of Orks or Tyranids?
>>
>>48806526
It's full of nothing. The Tyranids ate all 12 nearby galaxies to the Milky Way.
>>
>>48806448
>>48806462
Sure, they can do it, but Eldar power builds don't and Grey Knights are shit.
>>
Does anyone know the size of a 40k epic imperator titan versus a standard 40k unit, I brought one by accident off ebay and im wondering if I could get any use out of it other than a £35 paperweight
>>
>>48806618
You try "epic imperator titan scale" in google?
>>
>>48806618
Considering that the FW has stated that they will not make an Imperator Titan, and that the Warlord Titan is approx. 2 1/2 feet tall, iirc, I dunno.
>>
>>48806642
The guy offered me a refund anyway, but if he didnt I was told by the guy running our campaign I could run it as a really poshed up dreadnought if it was around the same size
>>
File: file.png (577KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
577KB, 640x480px
>>48806618
>>
>>48806673
Honestly now I kinda regret refunding it, wouldve been a laugh to pull out of nowhere
Thanks for the picture anyways
>>
>>48803465
just beautiful.
>>
>>48803465
With laughter and pity.
>>
Does anyone have that comparison table of the Start Collecting! boxes?

The one with the models' normal prices and the relative quality/effectiveness?
>>
>>48803465
swap the lascannons for some more multi-lasers and heavy flamers

use the extra points for upgrades (HK missiles. camo netting)
>>
>>48792558
New player here, can someone explain what's going on with the space marine formations? The only one that includes bikes or assault troops is the Demi company, and it says you're only allowed one unit. What am I supposed to do if I want lots of bikers and assault marines in my army? There's lots of formations allowing me to take tonnes of elites and heavy support, but fast attack seems to have been neglected.
>>
File: Get started! Values.jpg (272KB, 1291x498px) Image search: [Google]
Get started! Values.jpg
272KB, 1291x498px
>>48807080
I ought to start hosting it on a clickbait site and get paid for it soon.
>>
>>48802039
Tau, the rest just need different rules, they need an entire reworking of their fluff to fit in (although I think a higher emphasis on their mind controlled dystopian themes and less on the themes of them being civilisation about to reach their golden age is preferable to cutting them out completely).
>>
Any Aussie dudes here?

Recently got back into the hobby after a few years and noticed I cant buy shit from overseas and the prices have skyrocketed with the plummet of the dollar.

Any info, cunts?
>>
File: 3k.png (123KB, 676x3011px) Image search: [Google]
3k.png
123KB, 676x3011px
Rate my 3k list lads
>>
>>48807426
Info on what? Are you hoping there's some secret trick to living on an island hellhole populated by the rejects of an inbred, island shithole?
>>
>>48806440
Cyclopia cabal Black Legion
>>
Anyone else wish GW did more box sets like the tyranid swarm? Imperial Guard and Orks could both really benefit from the discount that comes with buying 100+ troops at once.

The Imp Guard one could inclue two platoons with the minimum plus heavy weapons teams, and maybe a nice tank or chimera if they could fit it in for the £100 price mark.
>>
>>48807585

Chimeras should have Heavy Flamers instead of the Hull Bolters. Sometimes you're better off firing the former and snap firing the Multi-las.

Missile launchers are crap. Take a lascannon for AT or a mortar for AP.

Get a priest into that henchmen unit. Zealot gives you great punching power in the first round of combat and if your war hymn goes off, you'll probably go through the round without any casualties in that unit.
>>
>>48807703
Not him, but whats the problem with missile lanchers? Im gonna use one in my company command squad for some added punch/anti air.
>>
>>48806240
>no-one takes a none-punisher vulture
>tfw you have one with 4 rocket pods
>>
>>48807750
Overpriced, underpowerd.
Flakk makes it costs double.
>>
>>48807426
Hey mate.

I have just basically learned to buy from eBay and Gumtree and had to rescue more minis than I can count from bad paint and glue jobs.

I also put the odd order into my Chinaman who gets me the new shit i need
>>
>>48807750
>whats the problem with missile lanchers

Can only glance AV14, not AP2 or 1, single shot on BS3. Autocannon is cheaper and gets more shots, lascannon is much more powerful.

>punch/anti air

A single S7 BS3 shot isn't going to do diddly.
>>
>go on ebay
>3 tactical squads
>5 man assault squad
>jump pack chaplain
>two rhinos
>£55

Wew. Now all I need is devastators or devastator centurions and I have a 1000+ point Space Marine Demi Company.

Should I take devs or centurions guys? Should I give them all gravcannons?
>>
>>48806673
I got so confused by the scale of this for a second. Considering pic related exists.
>>
Plasma cannon vs lascannon vs missile launcher
Also if you were to make a quad gun what guns would you be basing it off? Its an odd question but the campaign im in is really lax with what we do and a friend who works with green stuff offered to build me a quadgun for the little base im putting together and im uncertain what would both look best and operate stats wise closest to a regular quad gun (newfag here with a mismatched army made of cheap ebay snipes)
>>
>>48807859
Depends on who uses it, but missile launcher is never good.
>>
>>48807859
Apples vs Oranges vs shitty satsumas. the PC is good for TEQ, and the LC is for anti-tank. the ML is just bad
>>
>>48807865
>missile launchers were never good
>missile launchers will never be good
>>
>>48807807
Yeah China boys and hong kong ebay forgeworld pages are pretty golden.

But I really love opening and building the stuff Y'know, Im trying to get some UK priced NIB stuff and its impossible to find a place without a ristriction on shipping to aussies.

Also Gumtree really needs to thin their paints
>>
>>48807951
Finding an dependant store that does UK or American prices is literally a dream for me.

Other than that Black Cultist is also pretty decent
>>
File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 327x154px
Im gonna sound fucking insane
but I want a fucking army of giant robot knights
at the 2000 point level, are they ok to play against? i want it but dont wanna be a dick
>>
>>48805169

so that's a completely legal list?
>>
>>48808019
Top tier armies destroy them, mediocre armies can't touch them, so shit for everyone involved.
>>
>>48807951
>needs to learn to thing their paints
I hope they never do, incompetently painted and glued models sell for cheaper. :^)
>>
So are Chaos bad enough that I could take a kytan daemon engine in a 1500pt game and not be called a cunt?

I just really love the model and its rules
>>
newfag here
whats the average points value people play in games?
>>
>>48808085
750-1000pts for short games. 1750-1850 for standard level games. At least in my experience.
>>
>>48808085
1200, 1500, 1800, 2000
>>
Hey /tg/. I've been into 40k lore for a while but otherwise a complete noon. I decided to finally start actually playing it so I went to my local store. They recommended I bought Dark Vengeance so I did. What should I get next?
>>
>>48808142
what army do you want to play?
>>
>>48808142
don't buy anything else until you've painted all your models, you'll thank me later.

Download (for free) the codexes for dark angels and chaos marines and see which you like more, and buy a second troops unit for your favourite one.
>>
>>48808159
I had been thinking CSM but after reading a bit around here I got the consensus that they're pretty shit, which in its own doesn't matter too much but I do take into consideration.
>>48808163
Oh yeah I forgot to get paints and brushes fuck
>>
>>48808076
100% yep
>>
>>48808199
They aren't the best, but they are fun. at the noob level, CSM are fine. that and you can convert the DA to CSM but not the otherway around
>>
>>48808076
Dpeends on your club, bad clubs have a "FW=auto-cunt because all forgeworld is broken"
>>
>>48808219
Crimson slaughter is such a shit faction in terms of lore though. To make it a different warband would I just have to paint them differently?
>>
>>48808260
yes, see google for all your options. word bearers are a good one, with alpha legion for the dark angles
>>
So Deathmasque showed that eldars prophecies are unavoidable, right?
>>
>>48808296
No
>>
>>48807951
The alternative is setting up an account with a mail forwarding company in the us or uk. They'll give you an address to get it shipped to, then they ship it to you.

You may end up with some savings that way and its a legit way to beat geoblocking
>>
>>48808290
Oh that's a relief

Should I buy the codex when I get the means to do so? It's pretty old and I'm scared it's gonna become obsolete soon
>>
>>48808314
Except for import fees.
If cought you get fined the difference in value plus the value.
>>
>>48808333
hahah
ahhhahaha
ahah
ha
if chaos were getting an update, then i would rejoice. If you are worried, just use the PDF in the MEGA
>>
>>48808333
there's no reason to buy the codex or rules, download them from the link in the OP and use the £80 you just saved to buy paints, also, army painter is great value compared to GW paint imo
>>
>>48808333
If you want to, sure. It is obsolete in the sense that powercreep makes CSM nearly unplayable competitively, but it doesn't look like they're getting a new codex anytime soon. If you want good Khorne Daemonkin is certainly a step up, otherwise 1k sons psychic shenanigans is pretty fun. Just find a color scheme you like and roll with it.
>>
>>48808307
Why? Eldrad tried to trick Ynnead prophecy but failed.
>>
>>48792814
>buy two sets of DW from a splitter
>2 maxed units of Vanguard

How many do you really need, c'mon now anon.
>>
Any space marine armies out there that can take lots of assault marines, or ideally run assault marines as troops? How about an army that can just give regular tactical marines chainswords and bolt pistols?
>>
File: 20160813_182637.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_182637.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>48793596
wondered a second who postet pictures from our last 6k
>>
File: 1467110327854.png (545KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467110327854.png
545KB, 512x768px
>>48793620
>mixing Gods
>>
>>48808423
Is that a dust devil?
>>
>>48808441
he stood for over 8 years on a shelf.
>>
>>48799540
>Beastmen with lasguns

I uhh, what?
>>
Deathwatch upload when?
Also, are there idiots who buy GW from actual GW and not the Chinese recasters for 1/3 or even cheaper?
>>
>>48806502
But why?

>can finally field a proper Inquisitional Stormtrooper army again
>>
>>48808490
Like all the SM extra dexes the entire codex can be replaced with a formation or two.
>>
>>48808504
But that's not removing the entire MilTemp army, that's just reorganising it. I think you completely misunderstood the question.
>>
>>48808419
Space Sharks can have bolt pistol/ Chainsword on troops, but blood Angels are probably the overall best Assault troop army.
>>
>>48799540
Looks like a list that will struggle against anyone bringing AV.

Sternguard never occured to me as a good option for Raptors, since they aren't getting a lot of mileage from the chapter tactic. I'd actually prefer something with a bit more punch behind their shooting.
>>
>>48808488
Yes.
>essentially brought back Battalion boxes
>all these neato board games coming out
>Mechanicus and now Deathwatch becoming fieldable armies
>talk of bringing back specialist games too
I feel like GW actually deserve my money again, and I have a job.
>>
File: 1467498066646.jpg (135KB, 704x566px) Image search: [Google]
1467498066646.jpg
135KB, 704x566px
I got orks and a small eldar and daemons armies.
I want to start a new army but Ill feel bad for spending so much on this. I have more enough for necessities though but I still have this guilt for some reason. How much armies do you guys have and how long have you been in the hobby? Ive been in the hobby for only 3 years and everything is painted. What do?
>>
>>48808488
From GW? Nah, locall gams store has 20% off
>>
>>48808045
YEP! Aren't formations the best thing ever?
>>
>>48808357
>>48808368
Alright I'll make do with the PDF then thanks for the response
>>48808366
What kind of paints should I look for? Let's just say my country has a big market for DIY plastic shit
>>
>>48808548
>orks and a small eldar and daemons armies.
Are you me?

Is is nurgle Daemons and Aspect heavy eldar?
>>
>>48808579
proper miniature paint.
>>
>>48808585
Slaneesh daemons but aspect heavy as well
>>
>>48808543
I'm still waiting for an update for SoB either kill us or update us.

Being the Schrödinger's Army is not fun. Chaos Marines and Ork might suck now, but at least you haven't survive each edition feeling the Axe caressing your neck each passing year.

Wonder if I play Tau GW will kill them. They seem to that with every army and game I like
>>
>>48808488
How would I buy from a chinese recaster?
They dont seem the easiest to contact
>>
File: k.jpg (78KB, 577x750px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
78KB, 577x750px
>>48808094
>>48808109
thanks guys
so hows this for a start, gonna paint them up in harley quinn colours, totally not being influenced
by a certain movie
Not realy going for anything competative, just something fun that has a good chance of winning

Detatchment: Cegorach's Revenge

Troops

Troupe x5
Caress on Troupe Master, Starweaver, Hawire Grenades
178 pts

Troupe x5
178 pts

Troupe x5
178 pts

Total: 534 pts

Elite
Death Jester x3
180 pts

Shadowseer x2
Haywire Grenades, Neuro Disruptor
150 pts

Shadowseer
Mask of Secrets, Mastery Level 2, Haywire Grenades
105 pts

Solitaire
Haywire Grenades
150 pts

Total: 585 pts

Fast attack
Skyweavers x4
x3 Glaives
230 pts

Heavy Support
Voidweaver x2
150 pts

Grand Total: 1499 pts

the mastery level 2 shadowseer goes with the troupe with the warlord, the other two shadowseers go with the other two troupes
>>
>>48808627
And yet you are still the better army.
>>
>>48808629
You're gonna get outmanned and outgunned, just warning you.
>>
>>48802039

Necrons. They don't fit. For all /tg/'s bleating about Tau, they fit very well. Contrast does not mean something doesn't work, in fact it often reinforces pre-existing themes.

Crons however, demonstrably don't fit. They brought a wave of retcons to Eldar lore when they were shoe horned into the setting's past and then they were completely rewritten again an edition later, because they new they fucked up. This is what happens when you try and introduce a new faction whilst pretending they were always there. Tau work because their newness and naivety is their flavour. Necrons are playing a role that is already accounted for and require retcons just to be introduced to the setting.

It's clear GW weren't anywhere as clear on what to do with them as they were with other factions. They'll probably get retconned for the fourth fucking time.
>>
>>48808045
It would be a legit list even without formations
>>
>>48802039
SoB
theyre gonna go at some point, they might as well just do it now and stop teasing us
>>
>>48808664
No, troops, no HQ all Fast attack slots, so it'd just be unbound filth
>>
>>48808634
Not sure if better due to sheer stubbornness of the players or because they are mediocre from the start and so are not dependent of the power creep that get nerfed with the passing of time.

>>48808628
Honey the recasters ask to no make their contact info publicly, yet Redditfags keep making them public.
Side note I'm still fighting over some models to be send, the invoice they sent me is missing stuff, but they can't understand that, with their broken English and my piss poor Chinese I'm having a really hard time.
>>
>>48808647
fair nuff
so how would I fix that?
>>
>>48808674
Because they have massed flamers, meltas and AP 1 missiles.

They only lack AA, formations and slightly cheaper infantry.
>>
>>48808628
[email protected]
Ask them for a catalogue, they will probably have the new Deathwatch in a month or so. I ordered 15 DV Terminators and Belial for something like 35$ including shipping or a Dark Angels FW Dread with autocannons for 25$. My brother just ordered an R'Vana Riptide for 30$ (they have sales).
The plastics are not too great for things like swords break and there are mold lines and stuff, but not as big of a deal as paying 120$ for 15 DA Termies (they sell them for 22$ a pack).
Forge Wolrd stuff is probably the thing you want since they charge way too much as is so the discount is greater.
>>
>>48808674
Well my chinese would consist of reading takeaway menus in a stupid voice so rip that plan
>>
>>48808687
Don't make an army entirely from what's intended to be Allies.
>>
>>48808673
>so it'd just be unbound filth
Which is legit
>>
File: 1397508478672.jpg (119KB, 945x960px) Image search: [Google]
1397508478672.jpg
119KB, 945x960px
>>48808697
>>
>>48808697
DELETE THIS MODS!
>>
>>48808738
I thought I could, why isn't this general letting me?
>>
>>48808697
I have bought FW and chinaman. The main difference beside price is the quality of the resin.
The mold lines the shitty cast are pretty much the same.
>>
>>48808697
Nigger there's a reason recasters say don't make their info publivc
>>
>>48808753
Is FW that shitty?
>>
>>48808746
YOU CAN ONLY DELETE SHIT AFTER A WHILE
>>
>>48808756
Yeah, I thought I could delete it afterwards.I was wrong.
>>
>>48808768
I remember it being a min or two on other boards.
Mods will help I hope.
>>
>>48808746
Holy fuck you are retaded
>>
>>48808697
I feel bad now for bringing it up
Thanks for doing it though you absolute madman
>>
>>48808767
When things are good they are very good. But when painted and on the table, Chinese and FW can't be tell apart unless you pick them up and you tell the person looking one is a recast.
>>
>>48808803
I did it a few months ago, no one cared back then.
>>
So tg how are you building your kiok teams? One of each to share buffs

Also on a unrelated not I wish I could have my kill team bikers rude alongside a land raider or something as long as they are in coherency It would make movimg my dudes up the board easier without buying the new flyer
>>
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Mastertroll Bastard Faggot" bullshit that's going on in the 1d4 system right now. Matt Ward deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Grey Knights Codex from GW for $55 (that's about £(73.15) 33.23) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cause critical existence failure of Codex: Chaos players with my codex.

GW executives spend years looking for the perfect way of appealing to newfag 12-year olds and pay it up to a million times to produce the finest fluff-rape known to mankind.

Matt Ward is thrice as fluff-rapey as 12 year old fanfic writers and thrice as facepalm-inducing for that matter too. Anything a 12-year old can ruin, Matt Ward can ruin even harder. I'm pretty sure Matt Ward could easily bisect the most loved characters wearing full plot armor with a simple key stroke.

Ever wonder why oldfag gamers never bothered buying his Codices? That's right, they were too scared to read the awful Khornate Knights and their betrayal of canon. Even in the middle of the Bloodtide, Grey Knights targeted the Sisters of Battle with the purity first because they were female and respected.

So what am I saying? Matt Ward is simply the best fluff rapist that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 1D4 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Matt Ward:

(One-Handed Typing) 3 Words Per Minute 1d6 retconns per paragraph +4 attacks against women Counts as Biggest Faggot Currently Working for GW

(Two-Handed typing) 5 Words Per Minute 1d12 retconns per paragraph +6 Writerape to everything you love in Warhammer Counts as Biggest Faggot Currently Working for GW

Now that seems a lot more representative of the canon-raping by Matt Ward in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Matt Ward needs to be hated more on 1d4, see my new stat block.
>>
File: dance dance dance.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dance dance dance.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>48806409
Any chance you can upload the Beast Arises novels to a mediafire folder or something? I only have the first two from the mega link.
>>
So, what would you guys reccomend for a 1000 point space marine vs orks battle, unbound and with so much chill I played an earlier game with only dreadnoughts, terminators and a devastator squad (termi captain hq)
>>
>>48808831
>It would make movimg my dudes up the board easier without buying the new flyer
Anyone who can look at these most recent releases and think things are going to be getting better for the game any time soon is delusional.
>>
Am I reading it wrong or does the Deathwatch's relic beacon allow you to teleport any unit ? That would mean you can teleport a land raider next to yourself ?
>>
>>48809041
Well, it doesn't exactly specify, so it seems like you could do that.
>>
Death Masque makes me so happy. None of that "grey morality" shit, none of that "eeuuuhhh antagonists need to be a credible threat" C U C K shit, no "maybe mankind is the real monster" SHITT.

I am glad to see the Eldar and Eldrad fall on his ASS. What a PATHETIC, INCOMPETENT bunch of losers.

I got the set just for the Deathwatch models (HFY) and sold the rest to my Eldar collecting 'friend'. I wonder how long until he realizes I broke off Eldraretard's arms.

For the Emprah!!
>>
File: Grey_Knight.png (221KB, 380x442px) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Knight.png
221KB, 380x442px
Hello,

New to all this and wanting to see your thoughts on my army list. I know Grey Knights are the most competitive army in 40K, but just want to check I've not created a horror that will get me steamrolled.

HQ (295)

Librarian
Storm Bolter + Daemon Hammer Mastery Level Psyker + Domina Liber Daemonica

Librarian
Storm Bolter + Daemon Hammer + Mastery Level Psyker

Troops (792)

Terminator Squad
Daemonhammer + Halberds + Psycannon + Metal Bombs

Terminator Squad

Terminator Squad

Terminator Squad

Heavy Support (410)

Nemesis Dreadknight
Teleporter + Nemesis Greatsword + Heavy Psycannon (35).

Nemesis Dreadknight
Teleporter + Nemesis Greatsword + Heavy Psycannon (35).

Total: 1497
>>
No ones gonna read this so late in the thread, maybe better that way… i'm new to the hobby and have already spent $100's of dollars and unaccounted hours of paint-time between 3 factions.
By now i've realized how feeble a presence this game has in my LGS… four players is the high average on a good day. I could at least work with this and get along if not for that fucking psychopath.
A true, legitimate, invisible psychopath who's selfishness has undoubtedly depleted the player base and gone undetected. I am now in the cross hairs of this mental retard for the SIN of not submitting to victimization on the table top or verbally.
Having been chewed up by one before, I knew the warning signs but still made the mistake of telegraphing my resistance.
Now; the little dude i made room for the previous week won't look me in the eye, and the guy i played for the last two weeks went out for a beer with this mongoloid predator…
"You might think that your friends will comprise a good support system… although you may find that if your psychopath saw this coming, he or she may have been already working over your friends, spreading false stories about you, so much that by the time you turn to them… it is they who think that you are the psychopath"
>>
>>48809114

Each of those Termiantor squads are 1 Justicar and 4 Terminators.
>>
>>48808488
>Also, are there idiots who buy GW from actual GW and not the Chinese recasters for 1/3 or even cheaper?
Direct from GW? Not unless I have to. Now I do buy from my FLGS because it's 20% off, and I'm not some poorfag who gets into a hobby when he shouldn't, and rather than supporting the hobby buys from some chink.
>>
>>48809117
what does this guy do?
>>
>>48809166
>supporting the hobby
kek
>>
>>48809117
Oh my god. Tell us more. As someone who has had to put up with vindictive neckbeards in the past, I need this.
>>
>>48809078
I wonder if you could teleport with an unit in it ? It does say you can only teleport one unit...
>>
>>48808697
Remove remove remove remove

Delet this now
>>
>>48808697
Thanx friend'!!
>>
>>48809114
All those Terminators are a bad idea. Drop one or two, get some Purifiers or Interceptors. Use them to kill off lesser stuff and harass so your othe guys can move up the field without being basted to bits. Looks good otherwise.
>>
>>48808697
reported to gw ;^)
>>
File: 1461174191856.jpg (31KB, 296x291px) Image search: [Google]
1461174191856.jpg
31KB, 296x291px
Are ogryns effective?
I want to make an army around them
>>
File: captain_sez.jpg (49KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
captain_sez.jpg
49KB, 562x437px
>>48809257
>>
>>48809288
No
>>
>>48809288
Nein
>>
>>48809256

The advantage of interceptors is the ability to rapidly advance due to their jump-packs, right?

So the idea is that they can storm off ahead to cause havoc while the Termies waddle up?

And not sure what the advantage of Purifiers are? Just getting a tonne of flamers for weaker units?

Thanks by the way,
>>
>>48809288
Nope
>>
File: 1470870567499.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1470870567499.png
281KB, 535x466px
>>48808577
>>
>>48809288

Bullgryn are fun, particularly with a priest and a Biomancy psyker.

Effective, though? Nah. They are too expensive and slow.
>>
>>48809288
Non
>>
File: 1446593853636.jpg (101KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1446593853636.jpg
101KB, 728x636px
>>48809312
>>48809316
>>48809334
>>48809356
>>48809358
fug
>>
>>48809117
I will try to expand (but through the lens of my past experience these things will probably seem minor to you guy)
I also mean psychopath as "one without conscience"
>regards my painted models as sub-par even though he plays with gray plastic
>talks on phone DURING the game just shooting the shit with some friend (twice now)
>3rd and FINAL game (I gave him chances) i'm STILL not having fun; he starts talking about how his friends would be leaving the table because of my attitude and how I'm the only one at fault

me-"if i move my vehicle cruising speed i lose shooting right?"
him-"yeah"
(i figure it out next turn and call him on it)
him-"i didn't know you wanted to shoot, i'm not a mind reader."
>>
>>48809197
I guess that depends on what the rules say about a unit inside a transport. If it says the unit embarked and the Transport become one unit, then I think you could do this. You are required to laugh maniacally though.
>>
>>48809436
>without empathy
Isn't that sociopathy though?
>>
>>48809228
Don't thank him. The recast site this is attached to will probably get shuttered because this retarded fuckwad posted the information publicly.
>>
>>48809436
That's what you get for playing in a LGS, it's where the people noone wants in their clubs trickle down and congeal.
>>
>>48809491
Not him but...

I have heard other countries use Gaming Clubs and such but in the U.S I haven't heard of any in my area. Its either a FLGS or a GW.
My LGS has a pool of ~30 players and a forum so I guess its like a club in that I usually won't walk in but schedule a match.
>>
Has anyone seen a copy of the Deathwatch codex, aside from the shitty (but helpful) phone camera leaks from last week?
>>
>>48809460
Somewhat. It's one of the major indicators, but psychopathy can also come with a loss of empathy, as can deep narcissism.
>>
>>48809436
The real problem here is he knows I know he's a shit-weasel; the final smoking gun of his psychopathy isn't his war-convocation, or his rip-off style of play (its supposed to be a war-game right?) its the fact that when i put up even a little resistance to being treated unfairly I became the enemy.
How; if i have a problem, then I'M the problem.
How easily this kind of person can flip the script and turn you into the bad guy. the devil is truly in the details.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (136KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
136KB, 1440x810px
Just ordered this for £60 including postage, one unit off of having a demi company. Should I get devastators or devastator centurions to finish things off?
>>48809460
>>48809546
Neither psychopathy nor sociopathy are considered real disorders. The correct psychiatric term is ASPD. Also, he's probably not ASPD, just autistic. Autist's lack of empathy and social incompetency often leads to them being totally assholes without even realising they're doing it.
>>
>>48809546
I can't remember the difference between psychopathy and sociopathy.
>>
>>48809602
Devastators
>>
>>48809602
But being socially incompetent and a horrible person doesn't always equals autism?
>>
>>48804941
Caliban green with Warpstone and Moot green highlights.
>>
>>48809617
I think the DSM-IV doesn't officially list sociopathy; but some of the specific websites mention emotionality as a sign of socio. And cold, autistic calculation as psycho.
Both are basically brain-damagedly selfish.
>>
>>48809630
It doesn't but people with ASPD aren't usually socially incompetent, if they're of the impulsive type they'll be downright violent and very aggressive, if they can control themselves they're typically confidant and even charming. If this guy has any sort of disorder (he might just be an asshole) he's 100x more likely to be on the autistic spectrum.
>>48809625
Thanks, any reason why? Any opinion on what weapons to take? I've been away from this game for 6 years.
>>
>>48809687
>Thanks, any reason why?
They look cooler than Centurions.
>what weapons
magnets
>>
>>48809670
Sociopathy is covered under Anti-Social Personality Disorder in DSM-V.
>>
>>48809699
>magnets
hadn't thought of that, good idea.
>>
>>48809687
Well i at least feel a little better knowing that the latest research agrees he is autistic. The current issue is that he fits the charming category of narcism (y'know the really dangerous kind) -whew!
>>
Do Catachans get any rule bonuses or different or are they just a cosmetic option?
>>
>>48809808
Cosmetic. I run mine as traitor guard though, with 50 caged beastmen as auxilaries.
>>
File: start-collecting-skitarii.jpg (64KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
start-collecting-skitarii.jpg
64KB, 458x458px
>Start Collecting! Skitarii!
>Contains a unit not found in the Skitarii codex
What the fuck is up with this?
>>48809789
Vast, vast majority of people with NPD aren't dangerous, and while most people diagnosed with ASPD are (you have to commit crime to be diagnosed with it after all) I seriously wouldn't worry. Some dude at a 40k club who just bitches about your models and gets angsty when he loses is definitely not afflicted with ASPD.
>>
>>48809808
Just looks
So your bodybuilder Rambo guys with vests are s3 t3 5+ armor
>>
>>48809825
Prepping for COMBINED ADMECH CODEX WHEN
>>
>>48809670
It is listed in the DSM-V

>>48809782
Oh there he said it. Also most of the gender bullshit is a disorder.

>>48809825
I want Mechanicus, but first I'll finish my SoB (finish, having enough stuff to do different list at 1500)
>>
>>48809825
DESU I'm the angsty sperg when i' frustrated; this guy has it out for me and my spider sense is a'tinglin'.
There's malevolence in them there eyes!
(this is a local game store but i may have to find a club..)
>>
File: Ryza_Skitarii_Warriors_1.png (2MB, 940x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Ryza_Skitarii_Warriors_1.png
2MB, 940x1240px
>>48809844
I really want to like 40k admech but 30k models are a hundred times better looking.

Skitarii and Kataphrons are pretty cool though.
>>
>>48809876
I stand corrected.
I also agree about -the wait for it… gender-dysmorphia
>>
>>48809897
plot twist: you're the autist and are drastically misjudging social interactions and the other guy is fine
>>
do you ever feel like not willing to play strong lists but just stuff you like randomly without even trying to get internal balance?

I hate the fact that I made myself a homebrew space marine chapter but I can't play some units I like because they are totally worthless on the battlefield (ex. assault marines or shooty terminators)
>>
>>48809899
forge world and 30k got the premium ad mech stuff, 40k got…two codices.
>>
>>48809844
>>48809899
there's literally no reason for it not to be one codex in the first place. Neither of them have great unit variety, they're both Mechanicus forces and the skitarii don't even have a fucking HQ (despite one being in the battleforce box). It's a complete joke, and a calculated move from GW to make you buy two codexes and dick around with formations you don't want in order to get a full admech army. I was planning to use them as allies to space marines anyways so I think I'll just make the cult mechanicum model count as a techmarine or servitor or something.

Man, I'm still frustrated at the absurdity of it. It would be like putting a space marine captain in the imperial guard start collecting set.
>>
>>48809942
I admit my failings.. isn't that a ticket out of the short-bus? Regardless of that; I have entertained that I might be wrong... this other has not.
>>
In Heralds of Ruin, why do Harlequins get to choose a single power from any of the their disciplines while Chaos psykers have to take a Primaris (and Marked Psykers are still turbofucked)?
>>
>>48810034
It is a tactic to sell more Eldar, Tau and SM

All hail the Age of the Emperor.
>>
Have you played any games recently, /40kg/?

I played 1500 with my dark eldar against space marines today. He charged my corpsethief claw with one unit at a time as I chewed through his entire army. Terrible general, but getting 13 victory points from my corpsethief was fun.

Tell me a story from your last game!
>>
>>48805210
The Longstrike upgrade for the Hammerhead allows it to Overwatch as many times as it wants, including weapons on it like the Railgun.
>>
What /tg/fags think about Deathwatch codex?
>>
>>48810114
>1850 SpaceWolves vs. Tau
>marine C.A.D. vs Hunter Cadre and Opt. Stealth Cadre
>Wolves stole the initiative (twice)
>thunder-wolf cavalry get geokinesed "18 and move "12 onto Tau front porch
>Tau cross the streams and vaporize 5 of 6 distraction doggies
>That last wolf-rider lasted until the end of the game killing crisis, vespid, riptide, and iridium commander
It was a good game even though i was plagued by ones for two hours...
>>
>>48810287
Stole initiative twice?
>>
>>48809943
with my daemons i've been leaning more towards mono slaanesh these days, finishing off my chariots helps.

>>48810114
1250 against orks last friday. i have learned that i should use at most 1 chariot, 15 man daemonette squads, and sometimes reserves/deep striking can cost me. so par for the course.
>>
>>48805210
It's a Tauhater, and they are notoriously shit at the game, and likely doesn't even actually play at all.

It's the same people who complains about everything about Tau, from Kroot to Stormsurges, no matter how good it actually is on the table.

Still laughing at the scrubs calling them OP, even my shitty Mairne fluff lists are making Tau netlists look like limbless girls in a gangbang.
>>
>>48810393
>limbless

Only the Shitsurge lacks limbs.
>>
>>48810352
We accidentally skipped some steps when he rolled so then he rolled again.
>>
>>48810388
oh, cool I love slaanesh minis
I am thinking about expanding my black templar force since I'm done with most of my projects and my renegade army is more of a VERY slow build because of constant variations on the painting scheme, customization of every piece and general unwillingness to paint hordes of guardsmen
>>
>>48810114
I finally had a nice game last week

>1000 points, renegades vs dark angels

we both brought really chill lists since we hadn't played in a while so there was no major cheesing.
my renegades managed to survive a lot and the punisher leman russ was actually worthwile since it got forward stomping tactical marines and bikes

the only problem was fucking belial and his terminators, I had no major anti armor weaponry to take them off so I just tried to send as many bodies as I had to keep him occupied

lost 10 / 9, still a great game
>>
>>48810232
Ally codex/10
>>
>>48810393
You shouldn't be proud of shitstomping retards...
>>
>>48810114
My latest game was a 1000 pt game with my Tau vs Imperial Guard with Tactical Objectives. I ran no vehicles and only one melta suit, which was my downfall. The opponent had 5-6 different vehicles including 3 sentinels, which were his only vehicle casualties. We ended up tying on VPs at turn 5, but my army was nearly decimated. I only tied because of a lucky run roll onto some objectives.
>>
>>48810731
>Tau vehicles
>good
>>
>>48810731
>>48810575
>>48810287
>>48810388
wow, it seems like /tg/ actually has fun and plays the game sometimes
plus no netlisters shitting on fluffy lists. Proud of you, /40kg/
>>
>>48804608

Their eternal butthurt would be funny, likewise no matter what offerings they received they wouldn't be happy, and finally when you look at it they should probably be the most rare army in the game bar maybe Daemons. A lone chaos marine orchestrating a huge traitor rebellion, backed by daemons summoned via dark rituals, is the more likely scenario. Whole armies and warbands of them? Shouldn't happen outside of the old traitor Legions, the Black Legion in particular, and some outlier cases like the Astral Claws or the Daemonkin guys.

That their players have developed a complex where they think they should be as robust, diverse and powerful as loyalist Space Marine chapters backed by the might of the Imperium, even in the waning years of M41, is entitled nonsense. You want to be a traitor? Enjoy your daemons, renegades and shitty gear. You are rebels, guerrillas, not a well supplied army, dumb fucks.
>>
>>48810808
The Longstrike upgrade on a Hammerhead would've been perfect, since the vehicles were untouchable with my Fire Warriors, and my Broadside could barely touch them. Basically I brought an anti-infantry list instead of an all-around list.
>>
>>48805355
Sorry I thought it was a burning chariot for some reason
>>48803851
>>
>>48810867
oh right the new tzeentch powers do allow you to summon those
>>
>>48810232
drop pods or lose
>>
>>48809828
>So your bodybuilder Rambo guys with vests are s3 t3 5+ armor
>Not giving them carapace for a 4+ armour despite only wearing a t-shirt
>>
>>48810819
it's easy to complain online
>>
>>48810835
Well put. Chaos isn't trying to win tournaments; It wants to cause suffering... especially to it's worshippers. GW was right all along?
>>
File: Iron Hands.png (2MB, 1110x1124px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Hands.png
2MB, 1110x1124px
Still working on my Dreadnought themed army. The goal is to have a maximum of dreadnoughts while staying fairly competitive.

Primary Detachment: Fist of Medusa Strike Force

Armoured Task Force
Techmarine – The Ironstone, x2 servitors 115pts
Predator – Lascannons 140pts
Predator – Lascannons 140pts
Vindicator w/ - Stormbolter 125pts

Raptor Wing
Stormtalon Gunship – Skyhammer missile launcher 115pts
Stormtalon Gunship – Skyhammer missile launcher 115pts
x2 Land Speeder – 2x2 Multi melta 140pts

Honoured Ancients
Ironclad Dreadnought – Chainfist, x2 heavy flamers, Drop Pod 180pts

Honoured Ancients
Dreadnought – x2 Twinlinked autocannons 120pts

Iron Guardians
Venerable Dreadnought – Multimelta, Drop Pod 160pts
x5 Marines – Combi-melta, melta, melta bombs, Drop Pod 130pts

Allied detachment: Cult Mechanicus

HQ
Techpriest Dominus 105pts

Troop
x3 Kataphron Destroyers – Heavy grav cannons 165pts
>>
>>48808697
You just won the price for biggest faggot on /tg/.

Leave this place and never come back.
>>
>>48810980
>not sculpting on bigger muscles to count as 4+ saves
>>
>>48810835
>the game should have shit balance for fluff reasons
Why can't you retarded faggots just fuck off forever? Every faction should be balanced and viable. Failing that, at least try try to actually adhere to the fluff instead of your delusional headcanon.
>>
>>48811058
>maximum dreadnoughts
>3
Lolwut
>>
>>48811184
I said while being competitive. Dreads are shit even at 4A, it's a fact. Couldn't fit a fourth one without axing any vital elements.
>>
>>48811168
The REAL problem is the D6 limitation. Every new game system has avoided this and profited. The company needs to offer a product line that works and feels different but the systemic limitation of one in six ways to operate 15+ armies means quite a few WILL suck.
>>
For fighting monsterous creatures what kind of composition should a death company squad have? Should I ever put melta pistols on them? My friend is thinking about buying a GUO soon and I don't think I really have anything that can fight it.
>>
>>48811328
you don't have to fight it, you can outrun it (except for if it has some nurgle psychic powers)
>>
>>48807118
>Upgrades

That's a strange way to say "More sentinels" anon.
>>
>>48811363
Well we haven't started any objective based games since we're still learning the rules (yet we have roughly 1000-1400 points worth of shit already) and are basically doing Purge The Alien except none of that "game ends by turn 3 shit", it's more like.... elimination until someone gives up. So if I don't kill it chances are I won't be able to win. Would I be better off with a lascannon'd up predator tank?
>>
File: 1456880828424.jpg (7KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1456880828424.jpg
7KB, 300x303px
>Special Issue Ammunition on bikers

this is the greatest thing ever
>>
>>48811168

I'd make them better but not by making them cheaper or having the same gear as loyalists or running compositions entirely made up of Chaos Space Marines. They should be mixed. Cultists were a start but proper renegades should be a mandatory facet of their existence. They should have their own unqiue wargear. They should have veteran options.

But giving them Grav because you're ass sore over Centurions? Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>48811268

>Every new game system has avoided this and profited.

Warmachine/Hordes runs on d6 and its the next biggest game after Warhammer. Changing the dice used won't fix anything. Its the mechanics behind how its applied.
>>
>>48811058
Look up the Ancients of the fang formation for Space wolves. It lets you take 2-5 dreadnoughts their version of a techmarine and the dreadnoughts gain IWND.
>>
>>48811509
>No special weapons on bikes
Oh well, atleast they get 5pts power weapons so they can fuck shit up a bit.
>>
>>48811526
well that what i get for ignoring those two.. but i think my first point still stands… warmahordes has a lot of chits and markers and book-keeping right? And it's only a skirmish sized game, you can't use that option in a huge army to apocalypse sized battle.
But I always need more data...
>>
>buy start collecting skitarii set off of discount wargaming site
>sell dominus tech priest for £10-15
>repeat

Tell me why you aren't playing the most affordable faction in 40k /tg/?
>>
>>48811455
it might be worth it to get a libby with force staff and quickening, though if he's chaos daemons he should drown you in warp charges. perhaps a thunderhammer or 2, you'll be able to knock it down to i1 since i doubt you'll be able to kill it in a single turn. my last game i had 10+d6 in a casual list.

>>48811526
malifaux uses cards, it does alright but the jokers still fuck you.
>>
>>48811571
IH Dreads allready have IWND by default and the Fist of medusa formation gives a shit load of bonii in top of that.
>>
>>48811648
You mean sprue crons?
>>
>>48811662
But can you take 4/500 pts?
>>
>>48811730
At 1750 it would be about 13 dreads with no other support. I don't think it's a viable list in a competitive environment.
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.