[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be gentle onii-san, it's my first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x464px
/tg/, I need help. I'm a first-time player of D&D 5e, and nobody in my group has any experience. I've decided to be the GM. Any advice? I need modules, tips.
>>
>>48792411
>Lurk
>Google "How to be a good DM/GM"
>Read "Robin's Laws of Good GMing"
>Don't play/run D&D
>Watch podcasts, listen to twitch streams of roll20 games
>Google "module name" + pdf
>Practice makes perfect
>Read
>Watch
>Listen
>Consume
>>
>>48792411
http://theangrygm.com/jumping-the-screen-how-to-run-your-first-rpg-session/
Start here
>>
>>48792926
This is just what I needed. Thanks a lot. I mean it.
>>
>>48792411
don't play DnD
>>
>>48792411
You got memed on man.

"D&D" brand roleplaying games are like the bud light of ttrpg's.

A mediocre product widely consumed by people who simply don't know any better.

However, you've (I assume) got the books now so you better make the most of it; you can still have fun.
Here's a legit tip; only bother rolling skill checks in time sensitive or hazardous situations; if you have all day to crack a lock you'll probably manage eventually, it's when the corridor is filling with poisonous gas that how many rounds it takes you to accomplish the act becomes important; that's when you have people roll skill checks.

Figuring this out saved me a lot of pointless dice rolling and checking of character sheets.
>>
>>48792411
be a wishfulfillment GM. this initially entertains them. but observe your players: as soon as they get a sense that they're not in danger, the excitement will fade - that's exactly the moment when you need to step up and put them in trouble.
>>
>>48796349
Just who's memeing who here?
>>
>>48796349
You should have put that first sentence at the end of your post.
>>
>>48796522
I started with 4e, experimented with 3.5.

In the end I decided I likes non stat scaling systems with d100 percentile die far better than anything with stat scaling and d20.

Plus I like my combat encounters relatively quick and lethal, which 4e sure as hell wasn't.

I play Rune Quest now.
>>
>>48792411
>Any advice?
don't play D&D
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.