[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/craft - Is there any?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: GoogledHand.jpg (160KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
GoogledHand.jpg
160KB, 1024x639px
Is there any /tg/ minecraft server currently up and running?

If not, I might be willing to set one up in few months and I'll shoulder the costs myself if there is enough interest on here.

Pic is something I randomly took off google images, could not find anything related to /tg/ and minecraft but this one kept popping up in results for both
>>
File: 1471108594344.jpg (55KB, 393x296px) Image search: [Google]
1471108594344.jpg
55KB, 393x296px
I just want a quality RP server that is not full of memes, surely there is a /tg/craft you guys have already set up?

Right guys?

Right?
>>
Freemasonry, also know as The Craft, is pretty /tg/. Both in name, manner, experience and ritual and practice.
>>
>>48792646
I didn't even read the whole first post and just assumed you were looking for a trade/craft/job that was /tg/ related.
>>
There's been several attempts to make 4chan minecraft servers. The /tg/ group usually goes full dwarf fortress and turtles against the barbarian hordes of /v/ and imperialists of /pol/ trying to take our clay. Can't recall any /tg/ only ones.
>>
>>48792646
Please, for the love of God, give me server IP anon!
>>
>>48792360
There's always civcraft
>>
>>48794133
Civcraft is cancer totally devoid of anything but memes
>>
>>48793025
>Can't recall any /tg/ only ones.
I can. They were horrible. Mass griefing, admins going mad with power, and bans if you wanted to get off the "muh storyline" railroad.
>>
I remember there was a DF server that had a handful of generals here a while back. It had some race/class mods and you could play as kobolds I think. It was alright.
>>
>>48794271
That sounds pretty cool. Wish we still had something like that.

>>48794251
This is what happens when you have bad admins. Griefing can easily be solved with a plugin that lets you inspect blocks and see who did what, then just ban the shitter.
>>
>>48794302
"Your fingerprints are all over the crime scene, and I have eyewitnesses confirming that you placed the block! We got you now, creep!"

Detective admins.
>>
I just want to be able to build up a dorf fort without worrying about faction politics. I had fun on the Parnatha server but I'm looking for something different. No drama for one thing.
I would love to play on a DF type server as was mentioned in the thread, but on a world generated with Amplified terrain.
>>
>>48794356
>"Your fingerprints are all over the crime scene, and I have eyewitnesses confirming that you placed the block! We got you now, creep!"
>Detective admins.

Gave me a hearty kek

But, no, seriously, if there's no good /tg/ related RP server, I might just make one myself

I really just want to play on a decent server where people have fun, don't do le ebin PeeveePee and don't grief each other all the time, but apparently there is not a single decent minecraft server
>>
>>48794497
You'd have to hire some decent mods that can handle the power, and a few plugins to deal with griefing. Many people from /dfg/ would probably like to join too, but I doubt it would get crowded. I guess the main problem would be the adoption phase. I'd like to play it, maybe make a small hub area and DF-like forts.
>>
>>48794597
Griefing is rather easy to prevent when you have stuff like towny.

I also know a few people who have been mods on other 4chan servers and have been alright, so I trust them

Nothing's perfect, but it'd be pretty great to have a decent /tg/craft?
>>
>>48794637
Would be great, certainly. If you have the resources and most importantly the patience, I'd love to see that happen. Not sure how helpful I'd be, but I support the idea.
>>
>>48794677
My main problem is time and the fact I want to play, not admin.

I have the money, and the know-how. And if there's enough interest, I might just invest some of my time and money into it.
>>
>>48794761
You could always have a second account to play or have your character able to do survival as well as admin stuff. Once the server's settled, admins and mods don't really have much to rule over until infights start, and even then it's usually childish stuff. The 2 main problems with 4chan servers are bad mods and player drama because most people here are social inepts.

I do believe you'll be able to play normally as long as everyone behaves like decent people. We can ban children.
>>
>>48794940
Well, if this gets more interest, consider it happening

I'll be regularly spamming /tg/ with ad threads for it if I do set it up, so you'll know
>>
>>48795226
Ok, great! I'll be on watch.
>>
>>48794101
>>48792665
>>
>>48795345
The funny part is I also posted without having read the full thing, and when I did, I was tied up talking to friendly anon over here >>48795331 that I forgot to respond.

Oh well.
>>
File: 1469672161349.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1469672161349.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>48795399
I feel we would make a good pair of brothers in a game.
>>
Intcraft.lunas.host

/int/craft is breedy good, wrapping map of the real wyrld.

We just finished crushing Japan and the UK so there's lots of newly opened clay. 1880s, crackshot and a few other plug-ins.
>>
>>48795441
Uh hi

I'm the OP
>>
>>48795470
Free advice:

People can't follow rules you don't have in 1 concise and easily accessible list.

Much like the MRA continually disappointed in every woman he meets, you will probably find naught but sorrow if you combine high expectations with low rules transparency in your ebbin search for La Raouls Yutobitha.
>>
File: tumblr_llng4jYgIp1qbcq8ao1_500.jpg (117KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llng4jYgIp1qbcq8ao1_500.jpg
117KB, 500x387px
>>48795606
>>
>>48795606

Doesn't matter, the rules would've been broken anyways by the people I banned

I did not ban a lot of people for breaking them, I only banned people shitters like the guy who made a dirt hut and continually naked-greek'd with a stone sword a peaceful buildfag community

Fun fact: I did not ban Ncordo, I did not worldedit gibraltar's bridge, and I did not ban some other people who thought I banned them
>>
>>48792360
No.

The only time minecraft servers are any good, at all, is when a small number of people get together and build things for the enjoyment of doing so.

Rent a realm and don't bother with anything else.
>>
>>48795657
I'm not really thinking you did that senpai, but ad HA you need to pony up and control the administration team. If they refuse to obey you need to remove them.

If you can't remove them then you're not really the Head of Administration and should tell Luna you need real power or you'll resign.

I mean you already did resign but hypothetically.
>>
>>48795816
Technically, everyone with access to the console has the same power, I just shouted the loudest and made all the decisions so that's why I appeared to be "head" admin and because I claimed to be that.

I tried to get replacements because one man who works 12 hours from monday to saturday cannot handle everything by himself but I could not find a better replacement

Who could I go for to ask for help, Lemon?

But yes, all good, a lot of it was my fault. First time being a server admin, I've been an ingame mod/janitor before but never an actual admin. I will be making a more concise and less-ranty ruleset for /tg/craft and will make it available on /rules this time around.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the iteration without me.
>>
File: 1470161717753.jpg (188KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1470161717753.jpg
188KB, 500x669px
I like FATAL.
>>
>>48795973
nice meme
>>
>>48795898
I will kind of miss you senpai desu, sorry it turned out this way--the flat command structure clearly doesn't work for int\craft, I hope you have a more clear chain of command for dealing with admin-related disputes.

Them being on /rules will really do a lot for perception of ruling legitimacy.
>>
>>48796009
I like how everyone who liked my administration waited until after I resigned to tell me

Few hours after I announced that I quit, people telling me on skype how I shouldn't do that

If I'd known I was this popular...

But anyways, please don't share this thread with the rest of /int/craft, my skype is public knowledge if you want to contact me. I don't want to deal with their kind of autism, not again, not in here. /tg/ is my homeboard, I feel comfortable here, the kind of comfort I'll never feel if there's those autists who were butthurt over me banning them haunting me all the way to over here
>>
>>48796064
Whoopsie.

Well that's the nature of it, the content are silent and the shitters are loud. Timezones it a factor as well.
>>
>>48796112
Senpai what did you do

You didn't link this thread did you

Did you?

Did you, anon?!

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME
>>
File: 0d4cg1Y.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0d4cg1Y.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
Parnatha guy here, or to those that know me, Adramelekh.

Parnatha is still up:
s9.hosthorde.com:26011

But I haven't updated to 1.10 yet. I don't (its hard to say because I AM the admin) think we've ever had any admin to player drama. However every iteration of the server there's player to player drama. Its impossible to avoid. In fact I kind of LIKE it if people can handle their shit and act "in character" or "in nation" as in not taking raids or claims as personal attacks on your ego.

Parnatha is light RP survival with a custom map.

My major issue is I don't have the time like most server owners to put into constantly updating things, especially plugins that keep breaking every update (1.9-10 now to 11 is much smaller than the 1.9 update) but I HAVE been working on some new content. I honestly just can't feel too pressured or I crack, so I decided to leisurely work on stuff as I feel fit. Right now I'm like 35% finished with the custom nether, starting with the labyrinth of eternity, an entire dungeon built within a huge hellish labyrinth, miles wide.

Anyway, servers not going anywhere, if I do "update" the map I'll still be using the old map, I got the worldpainter file from the creator, so I can finally tweak ore gen and other bullshit (biomes) and I can lift anyone's builds from the previous version into the new world, so no worries there. But don't expect anything to happen too soon.
>>
>>48796112
>>48796137
[muffled Roundabout in the distance]
>>
>>48796216
That sounds really cool, I will definitely be checking it out

Thanks anon
>>
File: 2016-08-05_18.58.35.png (2MB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_18.58.35.png
2MB, 1920x1005px
>>48796216
a piece of the maze. looks crappy cause it was rendered on my notebook not my tower. Also im constructing it in the overworld, then I'll drop it into a custom painted nether.
>>
File: 2016-08-05_18.58.48.png (1MB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_18.58.48.png
1MB, 1920x1005px
>>48796271
and a final view from inside the labyrinth. Expect more rubble, spawners of hellish monsters, pillar parkour in lava pits and self-rearranging maze walls ( spooky! )

The area outside of the labyrinth will have 3-4 other "Biomes" as hell in our world isn't exactly hell... its more a deadworld that links to strange other lands.

I want to include apart from the Labyrinth of eternity:

The Marshes of Insanity (mycellium swamp with poisonous flora using command blocks and particles),

The Strangelands (A range of upside-down mountains with an upside-down temple to "The Shadow"),

a hellish city where a strange race of other creatures live (brobably reskinned pigmen sue me) and worship their fiery demonic diety,

and finally I want to include a large cave section that is completely water with no air to breath (requiring high tier armor enchants and potions to even be able to explore the dungeons and temples sunken in it, I'm also contemplating opening it up for claiming, so players really could build a completely underwater base)

I have to go to bed now @_@ minecraft is autism, someday maybe someone will do an intervention on me.
>>
>>48796443
>>48796271
>>48796216
>>48796216

There's 0 players on it right now. How many people are there normally?
>>
>>48796481
No idea. It's been dead as hell recently. Like I said, i don't have a whole lot of time to advertise and I detest servers with donation perks or "pets" or buyable particle effects, so I just kinda run it. Should probably post on some other places someday.
>>
Oh didn't see this thread before I made this one: >>48800073
>>
>>48794251
I played on a few of the old, fun ones. DFRP World 2 or so. Somehow, I was relevant enough to get shit done, while not quite important enough to get pulled into the railroad.
>>
>>48792360
I just wish some RP server with mods would show up here.

Certain parts of Witchery would be rad, for example.
>>
>>48800514
the issue with mods are the majority of people are too retarded to even install a premade pack.
>>
>>48800514
>>48802906
OP here, if I do make a server it will just use plugins and not mods. Sorry.
>>
>>48805597
Whatever works man, though it'd be sick to have a DF type server eventually that has some liquid physics, pipes and stuff.
>>
>>48805768
Well, there's always the issue of people being too retarded to install mods as >>48802906 pointed out
>>
have you guys heard of 7D2D?
originally a survival game, it got same block-built world as minecraft, just with a different look.
sorta lacking automatics/electronics/etc. but it has fairly realistic physics and needs and pretty good graphics.
great if you want a post-apoc or mild sci-fi setting, although it has some melee weapons, primitive enough armour and bows/crossbows for your fantasy/historical needs.
i, for one, enjoy building castles
(zombies can be switched off)

i'll just leave this here
>>
>>48806257
I'll look into it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>48806257
this looks really bad not gonna lie

It doesn't even seem like Rust where they at least even tried to do something else. They straight ripped the inventory from Minecraft.
>>
>>48806638
maybe, won't argue.
it's the gameplay that matters though. they went all for "zombie survival with real physics, building and crafting" and didn't care too much about being original in other fields.
>>
>>48806638
also it's important what version is screenshot/video you're looking at from. it changes quite drastically from revision to revision. they are still in alpha, oficially.
>>
I've always wanted to play on a /tg/ server just building ruins and dungeons for people to stumble upon later.

Why hasn't 4chan tried to do a Terraria server yet?
>>
>>48796921
You mind if I advertise for you?
>>
>>48792360
Just embrace autism and play on kraut server
>>
>>48796216
1) why is ireland frozen?
2) what s that desert thing east of midlands? dogger hills?
>>
>>48809405
No
>>
>>48806257
You should check out Unturned. It's a free zombie-focused survival builder game that has a lot of depth and a really simple style. No mining or digging tho.
>>
>>48813911
seen it. i like 7D2D's more realistic graphics. adds immersion.
also, i love my undergrounds.
>>
I used to run a server for /tg/. If anyone is thinking about doing it my advice is to keep it simple, keep it vanilla.
>>
Would be interesting to see if the old DFRPMC guys still exist. Those were fun days.
>>
>>48806695
Do you really think it hasn't been done several times?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.