[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1020: Late Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 720
Thread images: 59

File: Jumpchain.jpg (269KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.jpg
269KB, 1920x2160px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48781443
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
What are some must-have perks for a Trump chain?
>>
Again... A quick question about keyblade, do they come with resistant to outside power and influence? Like being resistance to elemental damage, or mind control or superpowers?
>>
>>48789284
The Eidolon power from the Worm jump. That is, after all, the best possible Trump power.
>>
For Incredibles, since Wardrobe makes upgrades shared across all of your suits would importing multiple outfits as suits spread their properties across both each other and any other suits Wardrobe provides?
>>
>>48789285
Not the maker, but not that I recall? Not by default, anyway. The keyblades themselves are extraordinarily durable though, and can give you certain powers - have you read the Supplement for the Kingdom Hearts jump?
>>
>>48789333
I wish. More likely it would only apply for future upgrades, sadly. Though this does mean if you have multiple outfits, they would all get those properties by upgrading a single one - if you want to play Iron Man this would be ideal, and if one outfit gets ruined, the rest still are intact with everything they have.
>>
>>48789284
Beautiful Hair from Adventure Time
Citizen Capstone from 40k Imperium (i think)
>>
>>48781538
It's whatever might be considered magic here, in the 21st century of the universe the jumper started from.
>>48782892
The roll was to make things a bit interesting. You could get as little as 2000 years and as much as 25000. I never had any intention iof giving the the full 50000.
The 0.01% thing is supposed to be something to make the matter actually challenging. The books show us that it's actually perfectly doable, so I want a challenge worthy of a jumper.
Buffed the implants.
Both IR origins get 500 Item-only CP.
>>48782910
I'll wait for some more opinions on the parasite, and then see what to do.
Ooh, I like the habitat and the manual. *YOINK!*
>>48782924
That was the functional intent of that, yes. That's why it says nothing about blueprints or tech. All you're losing is what it says there. Magic and ships.
>>48783508
Hm, a minimum NPC crew to keep things functioning, let's say.

So here's the updated version. Didn't put in the new suggested items yet, since I want to work on the fluff some more.
>>
I'm not that familiar with Ravenloft, can someone tell me how evil I have to be to get stuck there? Hitler level? Manson level?
Because i'm doing an Evil run and i'm a bit afraid of the Dark Powers
>>
>>48789284
Alice - Through the Looking Glass's "That makes no sense!"
>>
>>48789340
Yeah, just wondering about the keyblade inherit nature, I know that keyblade will never be lost, will always come to you when you need it. Able to focus your magic through it, can open any lock (based on what you wank, even conceptual lock). Able to customize it to meet your requirement, increase damage or increases magic etc. Can't be broken and able to kill the unkillable. That it, I guess, the more powerful conceptual stuff are in setting only as far as I know.
>>
>>48789364
Pulling a Manson will get you the attention of the Dark Powers, and they'll tempt you to pull a Hitler. Pulling a Hitler... daresay chain over.
>>
>>48789364
Ignore that rule. It's just a dumb early /jc/ artefact at best, my jump is speshul syndrome at worst.
>>
>>48789416
Hitler didn't really do anything that bad though
>>
>>48789364
You have to be way more evil than your average murderhobo. We're talking Dracula-level evil at a minimum, getting the dark powers interested in your imminent ascent to evil godhood. 99.9% of jumpers are in no danger of getting stuck, despite the warnings.
>>
Does the Evolution perk in PMD do anything if you go in as a human?
>>
>>48789451
>>48789416
Thank you, so mass genocide will probably get me in trouble but the casual murder or mindrape here and there is nothing to worry about right?
>>
>>48789477
>nothing to worry about
Heh. Are you trying to invoke Murphy?
>>
>>48789477
You'll find that the dark powers will try to tempt you into the mass genocide if you go out and do shit, but yeah, you'll probably be okay.
>>
Alright. What the fuck did you stupid fucks do to the ascension jump last thread? Why the fuck are you actively sabotaging a jump in the making that has the potential to be improved by telling them to mimic a jump like awakening in the worst possible area to imitate, the handling of paradox and archmastery?

Do you want this thread to continue devolving into meaningless, purposeless bitching about how fucking stupid and terrible the ascension jump is, for months on end? Because you fucks can't keep your nerf boners down, and feel the need to always make terrible decisions at the onset of a jumps creation and need to be fucking berated for how fucking stupid you are, after every time you voice your opinions?

Are you fucks retarded? Why do you want ascension to be like awakening in the one area you complain about for awakening constantly?
>>
>>48789559
Maybe you should stop confusing one or two people whining about paradox and archmastery for the whole thread. It might give you some helpful context on why people said what they did.
>>
>>48789559
>Are you fucks retarded?
Yes, if the last thread is any indication.
>>
>>48789477

There is a very real slippery slope being tailored to you, however.

The Dark Powers will engineer situations to encourage your darker urges. And they'll slowly up the ante as you become less and less averse to using your abilities. You don't have to do something selfish or fucked up... but it will probably be the path of least resistance a lot more often than would be the case elsewhere.

And every time you give in to temptation, they get a little bit more power over you.

The trick is to maintain constant awareness of this fact and the existence of the dark powers and pass their tests. Think of them like a reality bending insecure girlfriend. They're deliberately making it likely for you to fail, but they won't retaliate if you succeed. But you'll never be free from this shit for the duration of your stay.
>>
>>48789565
It was most, if not all, of the thread actually that was arguing for paradox and telling Poor Dick to mimic the Awakening jump for how to handle Arete.
>>
>>48789559
I don't know why people whine so much about archmastery. The difference between what you can do with 5 dots and +5 dots is not that big. And the paradox is kind of useless, since there is an origin that outright ignores it and you can skip it using Quintessence.
>>
>>48789592
I know. I was saying that the people whining about those things in the Ascension jump were only a few, not the whole thread. Sorry if I miscommunicated that.
>>
>>48789364
Just do it as an early jump and stack two or three iron-will powers.
>>
>>48789597
For Awakening, the entire justification basically was just imperial stuff.
>>
>>48789600
Fuck, awakening I mean. I get those so confused.
>>
>>48789600
Anon, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was trolling. I had hoped the 'the thread agrees with me' would have set you off, but rather than continue the charade I've decided to just explain it to you.

>>48789620
No, in this area you are actually wrong. Pretty much no one likes how awakening did it. In the same way, basically everyone will same if Ascension mimics it; that is to say, people will never stop talking about how dumb it is.
>>
>>48789362
Please define magic more clearly.
>>
>>48789645
I honestly feel that awakening wasn't strict enough. I feel like giving us mastery is too much, and we should have been banned from even attaining that much.
>>
>>48789591
>Think of them like a reality bending insecure girlfriend.
Damn that's a nightmare right there.
>>
>>48789663
>>48789591
>tfw no insecure reality bending dark power gf
>>
>>48789645
You can say you're trolling but it doesn't change the facts of what happened then but I guess there's no point talking to you if you're trolling. Have a nice day.
>>
>>48789559
>Are you fucks retarded?
Considering we have to make a double thread about every third time a thread is due to be made because someone doesn't fucking know how to count, yes, I would say we ARE retarded.
>>
>>48789645
Nope, wrong. Everyone/a majority dislikes how the arcana/mastery and gnosis was handled, not that you keep paradox and can't get archmastery. Only a small number of morons argue for that. Good try moron, but you'll need to pay attention more.
>>
>>48789620
Uh. It's the opposite, actually. The people pushing for paradox and a hardcap like with the other mage jump were the ones samefagging. It was at most 2 guys bitching about how we should make the same mistake we did with the first mage jump, and they were both actively working to ruin the thread. They only advocated for it because they wanted to shitpost about it.
>>
>>48789701
More people dislike how paradox was handled than people dislike the stupid gnosis cap, a it seems like no one's even willing to try and defend that.
>>
>>48789718
Sure man, whatever makes you sleep at night.
>>
>>48789701
There were people arguing for archmastery not to be banned last thread, and they had valid stances on the issue.
>>
>>48789731
Only an idiot would still dislike it after how many times people have pointed out the several ways to circumvent it or pointed out how it's near completely ineffectual once you take a durability perk or two.

Are you an idiot anon?
>>
Why are you guys even arguing? It's not like the jump is being made anymore. You're all looking kind of dumb bitching at each other over literally nothing.
>>
>>48789362
So there is now a new biggest baddest ship in /jc/, suck it Light of Terra!
>>
>>48789747
>only an idiot would raise issue with this issue once I've explained how you can bend over and take my dick in your ass rather than actually deal with the problem.

Are you an idiot?
>>
>>48789766
Ah, you are an idiot. Too bad, thought I was talking to someone reasonable.
>>
>>48789762
Why do you think I brought it up? You stupid fucks need a talking down to after that shit. You should feel like shit for how badly you fucked it all up.
>>
>>48789783
Pfthaha.
>>
>>48789362
So basically the new biggest, baddest, everyone must get because awesome ship that surpasses even the Light of Terra requires us to essentially become the Emperor of Mankind but better in a universe even more dangerous than 40K. . . without our powers. . .

It really sucks when awesome stuff is locked behind auto lose scenarios, the only jumpers that are going to be able to play with this are people who wank that they won for "reasons".
>>
>>48789791
>the only jumpers that are going to be able to play with this are people who wank that they won for "reasons".

You mean the same thing as the LoT?
>>
>>48789763
Yep. Asgerd-class planetoid ships never have their size explicitly stated, but they're said to be about a third again as large as Utu-class. Utu-class are spheres 1650 kilometers in radius. So the Asgerd are around 2200 kilometers in radius.

>>48789791
I wouldn't say it's worse than 40K. No demons, no tyranids, no necrons. Some nasty shit, but you can survive it. And it's not no powers, it's no magic. That still leaves a lot of superhuman abilities available to you.
>>
>>48789807
>And it's not no powers, it's no magic.
>>48789362
>It's whatever might be considered magic here, in the 21st century of the universe the jumper started from.

This is giving me the impression that it means nothing that would be considered supernatural by our world's current standards. So basically reduced to peak human and thrown into a setting where moon sized warships engage in dogfights at fractions of C. It's looking pretty auto lose if you want that ship, which everyone will.
>>
>>48789807
>>48789791
>No magic
>You can still use all your worm powers, your kryptonian/martian super-hybrid DNA, your DCAU Amazo's body, your Asgardian physiology, your Overlord stats, all of your Hive-Queen/Zerg/Sup-Comn/[*Any Mecha Franchise*], all your Genius/Super-planner perks, etc.
>People still whine and call this hard

C'mon, you can still crumbstomp the setting with only one or two of those Jumps.
>>
>>48789877
All of those things are magic though.
>>
>>48789860
Right. Anything that's conceivable as being science from a 21st century perspective is allowed, meaning lots of advanced technology is still available. And you have a minimum of a two thousand year head start on the giant doom weapons being thrown around. I believe in you anon. I believe that you have the capability to forge mankind into a great and mighty empire with a minimum of two millennia to work with. Two millennia to unite humanity, seize the advanced technology of Dahah, and build us into a power that can withstand the Achuultani. You can do it.
>>
>>48789895
We still have people with internet access that believe that the earth is flat and dinosaurs aren't real.
I seriously doubt anon could forge a united empire out of humanity when he has people like that to work with.
>>
>>48789923
So just kill the dumb ones. Or better yet, unite the rest of humanity against them for an easy target and a good head start to unification once the undesirables are all gone.
>>
Is anyone else having a problem with the google doc seemingly deleting folders and files right away, which is only fixed by refreshing the page?
It's a really weird glitch, no clue why it's happening.
>>
>>48789923
He could if he had a bunch of charisma and organizational perks. It's not magic for someone to just be a great leader and statesman. Stretching the limits of credibility, but not outright breaking them.
>>
>>48789364
I don't think the issue is how evil you are going in, I think the issue is more how far you fall during your stay there.
The theme is choosing to give in to evil (usually in exchange for Dark Gifts or the easy way or power or something), after all. The personal tragedy part that happens all the time is about keeping you mad/insane/distracted enough to not care where your choices take you.

If you can withhold your evil tendencies and resist temptations of power for the 10-year duration, you should be no more likely to be trapped than anyone else.
But being evil going in will mean you'll fall faster, and further, and it'll make temptations/traps more difficult to stay clear of.
>>
>>48789951
Occasionally. Haven't had it happen with the Jumpchain drive yet, but I've had it happen with others. Not sure why, Google Drive seems to be having all sorts of problems lately.
>>
>>48789890
Uh... magic. The kind of supernatural powers that are not sci-fi or superpowers. Why is this so complicated?

>>48789653
No...no they aren't. I'm not talking about any kind of philosophical idea of magic. I'm talking about the general descriptions. Harry Potter is banned, Star Trek is not. Cardcaptor Sakura is banned, Evangelion isn't. Whatever you managed to sneak past the Doctor is not banned.>>48789877 is 100% correct.
>>48789860
Sorry for giving you that impression. But the word there isn't 'supernatural'. It's explicitly 'magic'. Nanites yes, potions no. Tony Stark yes, Stephen Strange no.
>>48789895
Yup.
>>
>>48789972
How would it affect fiat perks that impose a sort of causality to your life? Like, there's a perk in Civ that makes it so that the people in your organization are consummate professionals, neither envying those above them nor deriding those below them. Would something like that work?
>>
Honestly LoT should be removed from the drive. It's not Jumpchain compliant at all.
>>
>>48789983
Yes, definitely. That is, unless it says clearly that the effect is caused due to magic.
>>
>>48789987
It's /slightly/ Jumpchain compliant. Not as much as it should be, but it at least makes a token acknowledgement of the premise's standard mechanics and concepts.
>>
>>48789994
Honestly, the reason for that is almost solely just to prevent people from apparating or Golden Tiger Claws or whatever onto the Dahak
>>
>>48786685
Dad's an inventive one.
>>
>>48789994
Oh, awesome. Then yeah, this is going to be...well, not easy, but certainly not impossible. Sure, you might be squishier in this jump than in others, but you'll be behind a thousand kilometers of armor plating and shields by the time things get dangerous. You can afford to be squishy.
>>
>>48790008
"Dads lying to their children about how the world works" is one of Weinersmith's favorite topics. I fear for his daughter once she gets old enough to start asking questions.
>>
>>48789963
Ravenloft is so fucking stupid. The entire set up is the overblown equivalent of the 'goblin child detects as evil' bullshit games that GMs love to play with paladins. More so because the defending yourself from hoards of monsters and not taking any temptations at all will still make you fall. The setting is trash. The jump is better than the setting by fucking miles.
>>
>>48789600
Honestly, Ascension doesn't do a good job. If he wanted to block Archmastery, blocking that directly instead of a Gnosis limit would be better. As far as Paradox, it should update each jump to only trigger if you do something outside what people in those worlds think is possible, not what people in WoD think is possible.
>>
>>48789972
In that case it is time to return to my capital ship sized GBE plans and small army of assholes with nine worm powers each. I will reach dahah quickly, turn it into a super weapon with GG Sparks and Worm Tinkers, then it is time to rape the Achuultani hard with jumper tier bullshit.
>>
>>48790027
This sounds like a good jump to mass produce Sajuuk duplicates at full scale, so that they are functionally planet crackers.

And then figure out how to upscale their weaponry.
>>
>>48790023
Stop. Just stop. Poor Dick already got driven off by these stupid fucks, we don't need to transition into a bitching fest over how terrible awakening is for stupid rulings, whether or not it's right.
>>
>>48790004
That will not stop us, a determined jumper will be on board before anyone on the rest of the planet could blink.
>>
>>48789890
They're either DNA based or not so far from what you can already see being developed.

There're trickier perks that could be considered a 'sufficiently advanced science that turned into magic', but neither of those that I listed felt into that category.

>>48790023
>As far as Paradox, it should update each jump to only trigger if you do something outside what people in those worlds think is possible, not what people in WoD think is possible.

That seems like a bad a idea.

But as I said before, why bother with Paradox so much? There are a lot of ways to skip it, even in-Jump.
>>
>>48789806
>Not spending countless hours carefully crafting a realistic and adaptable plan to take over the Light
>Not using both psyker powers and psyker safety perks to destroy any further threat
>Not waifuing a Dark Eldar and becoming bros with Vekt Himself

k
>>
>>48790042
>just because this problem is a problem, doesn't mean you shouldn't ignore it because I tell you to
>>
>>48790042
I'm giving an opinion on what I think is a better way to handle it. That it can be easily resisted in Ascension is kind of irrelevant to what I'm saying.

Also, Paradox is a much bigger deal in Awakening.
>>
>>48790038
It's best for thin-skinned pussy jump makers to gtfo early on so they don't pull a Jojo and leave a half-finished jump of a popular setting that everyone is to afraid to touch.
>>
>>48790055
Fuck off.
>>
>>48790004
>almost solely just to prevent people from apparating or Golden Tiger Claws or whatever onto the Dahak
Well, time to use our Transporters and teleport onboard. Honestly, it seems like a stupid distinction that only serves to punish magic or ki jumpers while doing absolutely nothing to tech jumpers.
>>
>>48790072
Unlike some jumpmakers I'm not a sensitive female so I'm not going to leave just because you hurt my precious feelings.
>>
>>48790093
So are you an insensitive female or a sensitive male?
>>
>>48790055
Honestly the jump is finished and arguably more than decently made, all it need is a stand-alone (get it?) stand supplement. I think nobody would complain if someone made it.
>>
>>48790131
Wrong. That's considered to be altering and adding onto someone's work without their permission, which is not okay here.
>>
>>48790091
...sure, if you think that way. That would be thematic for the universe, actually.

It's a thing I decided to do to prevent trivializing the challenge. Gonna have to give up something for 600 CP, dude.
>>
File: WhichOne.png (17KB, 365x589px) Image search: [Google]
WhichOne.png
17KB, 365x589px
I know it's kind of a small issue, but do you guys prefer perks sorted by class or by cost?
>>
>>48790136
Meh, Jojo anon is dead and gone for more than a year now and she explicitly told us she will never make a stand-supplement, I don't see the problem in making a compendium for her Jump, not that I care honestly.
>>
>>48790140
>Gonna have to give up something for 600 CP
Why? Tech still works fine. No problems here, challenge trivialised, spaceship get.
>>
>>48790157
Cost.

>>48790160
People aren't going to make an exception because you don't like someone.
>>
>>48790157
Class, it helps me decide which class to pick based on discounts and exlusives.
>>
>>48790157
>but do you guys prefer perks sorted by class or by cost?
both, in this case the left size of your picture, first origin then cost
>>
>>48790131
Are there any already made stand general CYOA things that could be used as a stand in supplement?
>>
>>48790157
Either works fine, so long as it's consistent. Sorted by class means you only need to say "discounted to [X]" once per origin, but both have their own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to easily comparing perks.
>>
>>48790157
The left one.
>>
>>48790166
>because you don't like someone.
I wasn't even around when the jump was made, just saying that no one would modify anything it's just adding a supplement, from your point of view the half the supplements on the supplement folder should be deleted because they add shit on the warehouse made by quicksilver.
>>
>>48790203
It's modifying it because you are attaching your work to their work to extend its functionality. Go away.

>The supplements in the supplement folder.
You mean the generic ones that aren't attached to any jump? The ones 90% of posters will shit on all day?
>>
>>48790157
I don't mind either way, as long as there's an attempt at a logical order.
I guess it just depends how easily it reads - sometimes it makes more sense to do it one way over another, sometimes you just have tons of perks or ones that have special effects with each other, so it's better to keep the ones that interact with each other together.
>>
>>48790004
So how would you suggest we get past the Dahak's standing kill all who try to board orders other than teleport in?

>>48790140
>Gonna have to give up something for 600 CP, dude.
Even without that you are under a fail condition if the Achuultani kill more than .01% of humans, also how likely is it for that to happen before we even have a chance to do anything? Since we will be stuck on earth for quite a while and won't be able to help any of the other human planets.
>>
>>48790182
>Are there any already made stand general CYOA things that could be used as a stand in supplement?
not that I'm aware of.
>>
I've only just discovered what JumpChain is actually about, seen it on /tg/ for a while but assumed it was just another system.
I like spending points on CYOAs and trying to emulate my ideal powerset in each setting, and I can do that pretty well, but having all the purchases continue on to new settings is where I have trouble.
I like to collect and strengthen a core innate powerset and skills, but not reliant on equipment, robotics, allies, or magic.
I usually go for superspeed, peak or superhuman body, parkour, endless stamina, no need to sleep, eat, drink, or breathe, teleportation, intangibility, invisibility/stealth, anything to conceal my powers or blend in, enough regeneration to keep me whole, and some mental/will/magic/social fu defences.
I downloaded a bunch of the PDFs from media I'm familiar with, I don't want a grab bag of misc weird stuff I pick up on each Jump, I prefer the feel of a tidy clear package for what I can do.
I end up just picking the same stuff for each Jump, instead of thinking about what I've already got, and whether this purchase will increase powers I have.

How do you guys compare the strength of various similar effects, and how do you plan out a path to get the best version of a power you want?
I sometimes wish I could just spend a bunch more points on BodyMod instead of redundancies.
Anyway, I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
>>
>>48790294
Most people honestly just fly by the seat of their pants.
>>
>>48790252
First of all, teleporting is not blanket banned. Secondly, that's the challenge. Talk to him somehow, or be too fast for him to kill before he can analyze and realize who you are...

Look dudes. This is how it is. The world is purely sci-fi. So I thought it would be more thematic if jumpers relied solely on sci-fi to achieve stuff. I'm not imposing anything, you can still do the jump without taking that DB. Plenty of Imperial databases around that have blueprints for those ships, just saying.
>Even without that you are under a fail condition if the Achuultani kill more than .01% of humans, also how likely is it for that to happen before we even have a chance to do anything? Since we will be stuck on earth for quite a while and won't be able to help any of the other human planets.
Pretty unlikely. If you take that drawback, you have a minimum of a thousand years before they show up.
>>
>>48790319
Honestly, I think anon is picking on you to have something to pick on, you feel me?
>>
>>48790294
>How do you guys compare the strength of various similar effects, and how do you plan out a path to get the best version of a power you want?

Start small and stack everything into the power or theme I want. Adding power boosts as I go as well as I can.
>>
>>48790157
By cost. It helps me more easily compare what each tier will buy me, and whether there are any obvious outliers to let the creator know about.
>>
>>48790319
>Talk to him somehow, or be too fast for him to kill before he can analyze and realize who you are...
Or take the perk that would have him recognize you as captain if you reach the ship before the MC and then fly to the moon with superpowers.
>>
>>48790157
Ideally you can get do either and stack them together so you've effectively done both.

D1 M1 F1
D2 M2 F2
D3 M3 F3
D4 M4 F4

Requires you to either image it or do text boxes though I suppose.
>>
>>48790294
usually you look for canonical examples of that ability,Then adjust it what it says you get in the jump then review what your strongest previous version of that ability is and apply Diminishing returns.
>>
>>48790330
Well, I try to treat all criticism as relevant...

>>48790365
That would be the 'be too fast for him to kill before analyzing' option, yes.

So any glaring issues? Or can I put the 'tentatively OK'd by /tg/' on this?
>>
>>48790157
Class.
>>
>>48790392
Looks good to me so far but I'm biased in favor any jump with a better ship option than LoT, because fuck that mess.
>>
>>48790392
It looks fine to me. Though now I'm going to have to reread the books now that I've been reminded of their existence. That happens to me a lot with Jumpchain.
>>
>>48790389
>Advocating diminishing returns
No. That shit is way too complex and retarded, someone who is already having trouble with keeping track of powers doesn't need that added on, and it's one of the most commonly ignored (and commonly accepted to ignore) things.
>>
>>48790306
I understand some people do this for the wild journey, or to become gods, or mess around in a setting they like or hate, or to meet waifus, or to enact grand schemes like building their own empire with hookers and blow. I plan on eventually completing the powerset I enjoy, and following a good path towards that.

>>48790340
I can see that, but what about cases where the boost are small and not worth the cost compared to what you have already, how do I pick the best place to get a specific ability?

>>48790389
I'm not really familiar with the crowd that does maths to tell how one cape is stronger than another, the clear ranges like mach 1 or 60 tons is the best I can go by. Linear upgrades make more sense for me, especially if I'm not going quadratic and trying to bend the universes over my knee.
>>
>How do you guys compare the strength of various similar effects?
Try to find canonical examples if the perk doesn't specify a hard limit or give examples. This is where you might get a lot of conflicting info and opinions.
For example the free "Basic Ninja Training" in Naruto give the example of being able to sneak in a bright orange jumpsuit, while "Stealthy" in X-men doesn't really say, but I'm pretty sure we don't see the sneaky characters wearing bright colors so it's probably not as much of a boost.

>and how do you plan out a path to get the best version of a power you want?
The only way to do that is to know where, among all the jumps, the best examples of the power is. Which means you either have to read all the jumps, or ask around in thread where certain abilities might be found.
Personally I prefer not to plan things around powers or abilities, but that's just me.
Also this >>48790306.

>>48790182
If you google "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stand Generator" you might find something.
>>
>>48789362
>It's whatever might be considered magic here, in the 21st century of the universe the jumper started from.
What amuses me most about this is that a lot of the "tech" in the Dahak books would be considered magic by our 21st century standards, since it pretty much runs on handwavium.
>>
>>48790479
I appreciate it, thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I know that Pokemon is the default first Jump, but I'd rather not spend 10 years with a pet I know I'd grow to love, because I'd prefer to do the rest solo.
Is there a good starting Jump for metahumans? Low-power is fine to begin with.
>>
>>48790466
usually How strong or Quick you are is given in The jump And https://www.wolframalpha.com/ is great if you don't want to do the math yourself,seriously it should be part of the Paste
>>
>>48790512
Infamous is a popular one.
>>
>>48790512
Symbiote or Shadow ops are good starting jumps. You can mostly avoid the plot and shit by leaving america.
>>
>>48790512
>Is there a good starting Jump for metahumans?
Just pick a setting you like and roll with it, any jump is fine. If you want to play it safe pick a mild setting if you like the risk take something more dangerous etc.
>>
>>48790512
Green Lantern animated might be Good for you
>>
>>48790294
>How do you guys compare the strength of various similar effects, and how do you plan out a path to get the best version of a power you want?
If the power is a specific thing in the original setting, I use that as a benchmark. Otherwise, I generally assume that all perks that do the same thing are equal unless they list a specific level for it. So the intelligence perk in Rick and Morty that makes you the smartest person in a universe is better than the intelligence perk in Ender's Game that makes you a super genius, which in turn is better than the one in Harry Potter that just says you're better at analytical thinking.

I also personally don't plan out my purchases for future jumps at all, but if you do want to get the best version of a certain ability, you can just ask the thread what the best perks for X are.
>>
>>48790466
See >>48790458
Lots of people here ignore 'em, don't worry.

Anyway, as far as "What's best", you check out the perk text and read the series they're from, if you just want the best of the best, you'll have to do some research.
>>
>>48790294
I generally use a limited version of diminishing returns, where any effect that provides a flat boost to another is maybe 25-50% strength, but new effect is at full strength. So as an example, if I have Gift of the Thousand Master and Power of Zeal, Gift is at full strength and Zeal is maybe half, except that Zeal's ability to master more powerful forms of magic is at full strength.
>>
>>48790458
Without diminishing returns taking two 'genius' perks would turn you into a literal superintelligence.
>>
>>48790597
The most common alternative is additive, not multiplicative.
>>
>tfw I can't find good names for my companions
how do you guys do it?
>>
>>48790512
I think the best starting setting for Supers is Arrowverse. There's a 600 CP "drawback" which will inflict a lot of mental suffering on you, but can't actually kill you and gives you almost an entire perk tree worth of brutal training.
>>
>>48790603
yes. If you add on what the average high-tier intelligence perk gives you twice you would be much more intellect than any human.
>>
>>48790614
behind the name, I pick a nationality that fits then randomly generate a name.
>>
File: 1349056257648.png (173KB, 397x298px) Image search: [Google]
1349056257648.png
173KB, 397x298px
>>48790620
>Stacking perks makes you stronger.
>Jumpers are stronger than regular humans.
Uh, so?
>>
>>48790614
I tend to pick a nationality that it makes sense for my Companion to have names from, based on similarities from the setting they're in, then pick names I like from there. Or I think of a godawful pun. In my Kung Fu chain, I named my Blaziken after the German term for buffalo wings.
>>
>>48790617
Are you a masochist or something? Damn, 5 years of suffering for 600CP is a bit dramatic, especially as a start of the journey.
>>
>>48790628
There's a difference between being able to lift heavy stuff and literally transcending the human mind.
>>
>>48790635
Are you still going to update the Fallout jump?
>>
>>48790645
Most jumpers aren't even human, anon. One of the most popular alt forms is an alien superbeing composed of mind and will to shape a soul into an eldritch physical form.
>>
>>48790617
Thanks for the suggestion, but I meant more thematically appropriate starting Jumps, like Pokemon, not more lucrative Jumps.
I'm considering Jack-Jack drawback and super kid in The Incredibles, that way I can grow into all this stuff.
>>
>>48789458
It turns you into a Newtype.
Have fun UNDERSTANDING
>>
>>48790663
Well if you want a starting jump that makes you a baby, Musoku Tensei or whatever also does that.
>>
>>48790664
Nah, Newtypes aren't the next step in human evolution, they're just an environmental adaptation. If he's going to evolve he'd be more like a Coordinator. So it should be "Have fun being beamspam Jesus".
>>
>>48790644
Little bit, maybe. It's more that just getting handed badassitude seems wrong to me. That level of suffering will make me earn my stripes.
>>
>>48790614
Find one of those "Here's a list of half a billion obscure baby names for all your special snowflake parenting needs" websites then go wild.
>>
>>48789458
I'd think it wouldn't do anything, the same as if you tried to buy it as a single stage Pokemon.
>>
So, why is that other threads number wrong? Is he one of those people who insisted that those threads never happened?
>>
>>48790670
Nah, I wasn't going for baby specifically, Incredibles just seemed like a more cartoonish and mild starting place, and that drawback happens to suit growing into my first set of powers.
>>
>>48790654
Probably. Won't be any time soon, though. I still have to finish Strange Journey, and I have at least two or three other ideas I'd like to work on before I go back and rework an imaged Jump.
>>
>>48790700
*those two
>>
>>48790663
Arrowverse is thematic, though. There's an option to become a Metahuman, with a pretty reasonable selection of superpowers even if you ignore the ones which are purposely overpowered because the Jumpmaker is biased.
>>
File: Kagetora and Matsuri.jpg (158KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora and Matsuri.jpg
158KB, 728x1092px
Yo, where to next /JC?
>>
>>48790723
Alright, I just don't like the idea of doing anything related to the Arrow tv show, it's so bad. (Flash is great though.)
>>
>>48790644
To be fair, most-ish of these 5 years will be spent in Hong Kong, Coast City and Russia. So that's not so bad.
>>
>>48790738
god of war
>>
>>48790740
Yeah, but you could also take the opportunity to fix it. Like going with the Genius background to be ATOM and also keep Oliver from ever needing to consult with Felicity.

Jesus, I've never seen a character go from great to horrible so fast.
>>
>>48790738
Hive Queen
>>
What jumps have the best generic companion options?
>>
>>48790780
Most of Red's Jumps, especially Resident Evil.
>>
>>48790780
The first that comes to mind? Overlord and Skullgirls.
>>
>>48790620
So? Diminishing returns means you just need to take 3 or 4 high tier intelligence perks instead of 2 to get that same effect. Or just pick 1 such intelligence perk that makes you better hten human anyway.
>>
>>48790780
40k and both of the Overlords
>>
>>48790795
I generally assume any perks which raise you up to peak human can never make you superhuman, no matter how many you stack. At best they'll give you more "breadth", like how Angels in Good Omens are depicted.
>>
I need some help thinking up a Stand. Anyone willing to help?
>>
>>48789236
What's a good jump for an early perfect memory perk?
>>
>>48790822
KOTOR literally gives it away
>>
>>48790820
What's your favorite rock song?
>>
File: Empty Spaces.jpg (584KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Empty Spaces.jpg
584KB, 2560x1440px
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>48790754
Alright! Rolling for Location!
>>
>>48790825
Looking at it agian, you're right! Guess I know which jump I'm taking next!
>>
>>48790820
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Y0ipRnyPM
>>
>>48790834
I, sadly, am an uncultured swine and either don't listen to rock or I don't know that the song's genre is rock. I just listen to whatever sounds good.

I'd prefer to stick to a theme though and found a good name for Stand: Hybrid Theory

I'm having a hard time establishing its capabilities and limitations which goes further into issues with Awakened and Requiem

I like mixing stuff. Giving a thing traits or parts of another thing
>>
>>48790856
>>48790834
>>48790859

Yes I am aware of whose album Hybrid Theory is. The name itself is good.

and everyone feels an edgy need for edge sometimes, even ironically, no?
>>
>>48790859
Your stand combines two things, keeping the traits of both. That's a perfectly fine power, there's shit like turning everybody into dinosaurs out there.

With Awakened and Requiem, one of them could refine your ability (as in, combine more than two or let you combine only the traits you want from things) and the other could give it a new ability (like splitting one thing into two with half of its traits)
>>
>>48790871
call it papercut and make it control paper
>>
>>48790820
King Missile, it gives you a detachable penis.
>>
>>48790876
So it's basic power would be combining without choice on what is kept, or limited control over that, while the "trait" granting lets me not need to fuse two whole things but just traits/pieces?

Hm. Should it be limited to organic or such, with higher range of things later?

Should there be a limit to whether or not I can fuse a fused thing with something else again?
>>
>>48790905
Cut it entirely based on your taste for balance, anon. Personally I wouldn't restrict it to organics (maybe make it touch ranged though) and would only let you combine things once, but that's me.
>>
>>48790886
Naw, Papercut would be name of its ability in Awakening or something. Requiring access to a living creature's blood to work it's stuff or just requiring a small bit of a thing to combine it with another, for a more imperfect result
>>
>>48790876
So it would be that wall from Jojolion?
>>
>>48790935
Haven't read Jojolion. I wait for things to end before I dive into them.
>>
>>48790819
You're not even doing diminishing returns then. You're just not doing stacking at all, which is something pretty much no side ever did.
>>
>>48790944
Well, I only do that for perks which limit you to peak human. I also don't take those perks more than once unless they offer something new, like athletic ability or knowledge skills.
>>
What would be a fitting power for a stand named Panic Station?
>>
>>48791048
Fear empowerment
>>
>>48791048
Anyone with a certain area gets the intense feeling of panic and fear, preventing them from thinking logically and fighting against their own fight or flight response.
>>
>>48791048
a phantasmal train that induce fear in your enemies
>>
File: dahak.jpg (226KB, 967x1087px) Image search: [Google]
dahak.jpg
226KB, 967x1087px
>>48789791
Ok I'm actually a really big fan of the Dahak series so let me lay out the cheat plan for the gauntlet mode.

Keep in mind you still can have the descendant of the bridge crew which I would say is vital for this gauntlet. With that you can be the captain of the Dahak and even the Emperor. This gives you access to a tech base that can do the job, the main issue is that you need manpower but with that time and resources a jumper should be able to make a army to pilot this stuff with Terminators, Boomers, Manhunters, or some robot design. Although the AIs pretty much can run most of this stuff on autopilot. Its just more effective with a crew.

Granted this gauntlet is tailor made for a tech oriented jumper like me. But not counting superpowers that count all you would need is some sort of labor force design and the bridge crew peak, and with the time you have it should actually be fairely doable for a even a younger jumper.
>>
>>48791108
Are you still working on Pathfinder? I was really looking forward to that.
>>
>>48791194
No I kinda burned out on it and a new anon wanted to try their hand at it so I let them. I still have all of my notes and could return to it. But hopefully that other anon is working on their version.
>>
>>48791199
>burned out on it
Thank god.
>>
File: 1469478448835.jpg (119KB, 1193x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1469478448835.jpg
119KB, 1193x1033px
> Wake up
> Check thread

S'bout right.

Anyway, going to finish Boktai today. Get hype. Or don't. I'm honestly just happ to be finished with it.
>>
>>48791220
So how are your jumps coming along?
>>
>>48791228
yer mum finished me last night
>>
>>48791244
Not making them. Which somehow still makes me a better jump maker then you. I guess spewing out garbage purposefully intended to be bad so as to mess with the thread is actually worse then just not making anything.
>>
>>48791284
Keep telling yourself that. Maybe it will come true one of these days. But it won't.
>>
>>48791228
Glorious sunlight awaits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSe43h3wTs
>>
>>48791310
Please don't feed the troll.
>>
>>48791324
Why are you feeding the troll?
>>
Ok, the previous discussions have inspired me to finally make a stand for my jump chain.

Tomorrow The World:
Power - C
Speed - A
Range - B
Durability - C
Precision - B
Potential - A

Able to link the properties of non organic material within 50 metres, like giving a shirt the durability of steel.

Awakened: Able to change the state of non organic matter, turning air into a solid etc

Requiem: Freely reshape non organic matter, (basically alchemy from Fullmetal Alchemist but has a range of 50 metres instead of touch)

Sound reasonable?
>>
>>48791324
Just a little fun, don't worry I was letting the matter go.
>>
Lot of Stand talk, so I'll add to it with a question. Coming from someone who has never seen JoJo and doesn't know what a stand is, what can it do? Like, can it give telekinesis? Supernatural charisma? Does it have to related to its user's personality or anything?
>>
>>48791228
I've actually got some questions I want to ask about the Boktai pastebin, if you're still here.

Dark Child mentions that it comes with a weakness to Sol, but Hybrid is a required perk to take it and also gives you a weakness to Sol. Does it make your vulnerability worse, or is it just reminding you that you have that weakness?

If you use the Luna Lens on the Sol De Vice, is all of the force of your strike converted to stun, or does physical part of the weapon still do damage? For example, if I punch someone is the face with the Luna Lens, does it "just" stun them, or does it also do some damage since my fist still has mass and speed, as opposed to just the luna energy you'd get from a solar gun?

How big is the explosion from using incompatible gun parts? I'm asking because I'm wondering if doing so purposely to cause a solar-energy explosion might work as a desperate last resort.

Also, as a moderately silly request, could we get some kind of 0 CP Mega Man Battle Network crossover option?
>>
>>48791385
In order, yeah it's just a reminder on the vulnerability. It doesn't get worse from taking that.

Either or, and it's up to you what version you end up using when using Luna like that.

Enough to blow a human hand off, sort of like a misfired firework. The explosion becomes worse if you had grenades loaded, for obvious reasons.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten to include that. MMBN minor crossover drawback will be a go.
>>
>>48791368
>>what a stand is?

they area spiritual Constructs from your Soul via fighting spirit.

>>what can it do?

Lots of things up to and including conceptual Bullcrap,one was a fishing Rad that unerringly
hooked into an opponent's heart regardless of what armor they were wearing or how far away they were, another was "fuck causality"

>>give telekinesis?
probably

>>Supernatural charisma?
More likely a charm power That only happens in specific circumstances, half of a fight between Stand users is figuring out the other guys stand, so make it complicated.

>>Does it have to related to its user's personality or anything?

Evil people With far-reaching Objectives have the most powerful stands of all.
>>
>>48791368
I made mine a copy of the world
>>
>>48791429
Thanks for answering.

I'm a little disappointed I can't defeat a giant immortal by just throwing my mismatched gun down it's throat, but I guess I could achieve roughly the same effect with a large amount of grenades, or trying to shoot the Rising Sun down there instead.
>>
>>48791488
wait what
>>
>>48791495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpenBxTpH-M
>>
>>48791513
Wait, stands let people ignore getting stabbed in the brain?
>>
>>48791757
Look carefully, he used the knives to pin books to him. They probably penetrated only shallowly, the knife is unlikely to have even pierced all the way though his skull.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
God of War Jump 037:
CP: 1000
Drawback:
Boxed In [+300]
Background: Drop-In [Free]
Perks:
Epic Poem [Free]
Scowl of Sparta [Free]
Deft Hands [Free]
Puzzled Sensing [-100]
Political Standing [-200]
Gift of Hope [-300]
Finders, Keepers [-300]
Gear:
Olympian Demesne [-50]
Guard of the Lion [Free]

Custom Weapon [500]
Forged by the Gods [Free]
Trying Something New (Stygian Iron .45 Longslide) [-50]
Master [-200]
Cursed [-200]
Eternal [-50]

Beginning of a Legend [-200]
(___) (Divinity) [300]
Perks:
Resplendent Form [Free]
Empathic Environment [-300]
Items:
Eyes of Thunder [Free]

Silica (Peasent) [300]
Perks:
Steady Weather [Free]
Forge of Souls [-300]
Items:
Schematics of the Genius [Free]

Gauntlet's Symbiote (Divinity) [300]
Perks:
Resplendent Monument [Free]
Items:
Eyes of Thunder [Free]

(___)'s Symbiote (Divinity) [300]
Perks:
Resplendent Monument [Free]
Items:
Eyes of Thunder [Free]

AFG: Airfield Princess (Spartan) [300]
Perks:
Fire-Forged Friends [Free]
Blood Feeding [-300]
Items:
Helm of the Underworld [Free]

DFG: Max Schultz (Spartan) [300]
Perks:
Blood Feeding [-300]
Items:

DFG: Fletcher (Spartan) [300]
Perks:
Blood Feeding [-300]
Items:

The Marked Ninja (Monster) [300]
Perks:
Monstrous Weapons [Free]
Divine Beast [-300]
Items:
Coin of the Messenger [Free]
>>
>>48791757
People with Stands are tough as shit. Or that might just be hot-blooded shonen willpower.
>>
What's the safest path to start copying multiple genetic powers?

Is the Zerg jump dangerous? Should I expect to have to fight off a battlefleet or something as a Primal Zerg?
>>
>>48791841
>Is the Zerg jump dangerous?
Yes.

>Should I expect to have to fight off a battlefleet or something as a Primal Zerg?
No, but you start on Darwin's Vore Wonderland. There will be things wanting to eat you every hour of every day. The plus side is that you start near the top of the food chain, so you'll only have to really worry about your peers: the other Primes.

The drawbacks ramp the difficulty significantly.

All said, though, it can be taken as an early jump if you aren't too greedy. The problem is that there's tons of great stuff in the jump and it's hard not to go nuts.
>>
>>48791757
Dio use'd his Stand to put books underJojo's clothing before the blades could penetrate deeply
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/The_World
>>48791841
>>Is the Zerg jump dangerous?
depends how far you are past Semi realistic biology, because yes you should expect to do those things
>>
File: empire from the ashes.jpg (348KB, 851x1028px) Image search: [Google]
empire from the ashes.jpg
348KB, 851x1028px
Man I loved just about everything David Weber made except for Honor Harrington, I don't know it was always his least interesting setting imho. What I wouldn't give for him to expand the Apocalypse Troll setting or Furies.

Thanks for the jump, I love me some Dahak.
>>
What supernatural martial arts can we teach to others other than Bending with the scrolls?
>>
>>48791798
>Silica (Peasent) [300]
Silica is a popular companion name isn't it?

Also wtf is with the captcha today I had to restart the browser just to make it work and it finally took me to a captcha where I had to copy paste a massive link. Wtf.
>>
File: Scathach.jpg (1MB, 1338x747px) Image search: [Google]
Scathach.jpg
1MB, 1338x747px
Jumpers! What companions have you worked hard to get?
>>
>>48791876
>>48791757

No. Jotaro put the books underneath his clothing because he wanted to have some measure of defense against DIO because at that point when he did it, they didn't know what to expect
>>
>>48791935
Kung fu hustle has martial arts kung fu scrolls. Things like jumping off an eagle to slam giant palm shaped ki blasts that can take out entire buildings. Or screams loud enough to destroy pavement. There is also the xither martialmart there where you play music that causes air swords and ghosts to attack your enemy
>>
>>48791935
You can teach other types of bending to people if you got scrolls?

Like, if I had scroll about water bending, could I teach an airbender to waterbend?
>>
File: image.gif (290KB, 359x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
290KB, 359x768px
>>48791945
The best giant white girl
>>
>>48791935
Ripple from Jojo.

>>48791876
Bancho is what we learn from Jumper sensei from PS238 teachable?
>>
>>48791966
No youncan only teach people outside of avatar 1 bending stylem
>>
>>48791987
>>48791988
So what would possible synergies be between Hamon and different bendings?
>>
Hey manyfist I have a question about assassination classroom.

>Actually Teaching (300cp, Discount Sensei) - You have an odd ability to actually teach really well. You can teach any ability you know to the likes of even Class 3-E. What's so odd about it is the way you can go about it and still pass on the knowledge. For instance Korosensei is able to teach lessons to individual students through assassination attempts. Bitch-Sensei teaches English by teaching seduction and lying skills. You have a similar method, perhaps you can teach someone to throw a fireball by having the student catch it with their bare hands. The methods you use are unorthodox and up to you how you achieve it.

What can we actually teach with this? What are its limits?
>>
>>48792034
Hamon is sun powered right? Anything that has or boosts sun would benefit firebending.
>>
>>48792034
Hamon uses breathing and solar energy... And firebending uses the exact same two things. Your firebending would probably get a pretty good boost from it.

Waterbending is also good with Hamon, mostly because you can channel Hamon through the water.
>>
File: Jumper gets bored.jpg (445KB, 740x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Jumper gets bored.jpg
445KB, 740x1920px
Jumpers, what do you do in that moments when you have really nothing to do?
>>
Hey, speaking of the Zerg Jump, does anyone have that? It doesn't look like it's on the drive for some reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 850x664px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 850x664px
>>48791945
Best team.
I had a devil of a time convincing them that yes, ?I really was a multiversal traveler and yes, they could come with me without splitting up. Especially since I didn't have anything in the way of flashy abilities or anything. In the end, it was a case of "Why not believe me? The worst thing that could happen is that I'm lying and nothing changes. In which case...nothing changes"
>>
>>48792142
Write a book.
>>
>>48791798
technically yes, but how usually that is done depends on how much Ki and how far above human limitations that martial art would make you,the kung fu hustle level stuff would be a entire martial arts career to master from childhood, and this is not even factoring things like chi flow and reserves,their Natural ability to Perform martial arts, fighting spirit etc. and of course if you try to teach it to someone who doesn't have the Mystic energy such as worm humans the results are not going to be As impressive,it still technically Work as a martial art, but the supernatural parts will not be there, or rather they Will not function It's is The difference between this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHL2PSpecI

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKX7v6d4C0
>>
>>48792142
I play a game of "Who can cure this terrible disease faster, the scientists, or Jumper the Magician?"
Hint: I always win. One time, I waited until they nearly had the cure for Cancer to reveal that I had already cured it two years ago.
>>
File: Zenbu Snacks.jpg (40KB, 262x342px) Image search: [Google]
Zenbu Snacks.jpg
40KB, 262x342px
>>48792142
Watch movies, cook, play vidya, go to an amusement park, go hiking

I guess I could take a nap
>>
>>48792142
The Wifu
>>
>>48791987
sorry>>48792167 is in response to you
>>
Kidd Radd with Gotterdammerung seems like a quick jump as long as you can destroy a planet. Is it difficult to escape the computer?
>>
>>48792142
Practice katas, go incognito after turning off all my powers, socialize with some ordinary people in-setting...or just take a nap in the Warehouse. It's comfy.
>>
>>48792161
Imaged folder. Ancilla Anon / NanohAnon imaged it with permission.
>>
>>48792204
And he didn't even try to change it to help his build. What a great guy!
>>
>>48792204
Ah, okay.
>>
>>48791945
Yuuka Kazami
A good friend, great fighter, and amazing baker
>>
>>48792240
Please refrain from using my posts to springboard into your grudges.
>>
File: obligitoryreply.gif (487KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
obligitoryreply.gif
487KB, 500x214px
>>48792301
>>
>>48792240
What's this about?
>>
>>48792406
Don't respond to him. He just wants to jerk his hateboner some more.
>>
>>48789362
So, when it says spaceships are unavailable for the drawback/scenario... Does that mean they're just gone entirely for the duration, or can I still chill in my ship as long as it stays its my warehouse attachment?

Mostly asking because my flagship comprises a good part of my manufactoring facilities, and is usually used as housing for most of my companions.

Speaking of... What happens if I /am/ a spaceship? I got a Transformers altform that's a FTL-capable ship after all.
>>
File: 099.jpg (537KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
099.jpg
537KB, 1000x1000px
>>48792142
Hang out in my private study and do magical research while listening to music and snacking on whatever comes out of SCP-261 and SCP-294. Maybe write a couple of theses. If I'm really bored I'll head to Ahnenerbe and spend some time serving food and cocktails from across the multiverse while chatting with interesting people from the various universes I've jumped.
>>
>>48792142
Take a nap. Laze about. Play videogames. Waifus. Possibly all at once.
>>
>>48789362
So, you can't use out-of-jump spaceships, but can you build them if you know how?
>>
File: SirNotAppearing.png (344KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
SirNotAppearing.png
344KB, 640x300px
>>48792449
You're unavailable for the jump. Things get progressively stranger from there.
>>
What jumps are people working on? What jumps would you like you to see made or are thinking of making? I'm considering making a Black Summer jump, but I don't think there's quite enough material.
>>
>>48792595
What is Black Summer?
>>
Rome ver. .97

Changelog:
>Numerous spelling and grammar errors helpfully pointed out last night
>Percussive Sobriety updated: you can both give and recieve

Thanks to the anon that assited last night by pointing out those errors. The version on the drive does not have the Gaul drawback that extends your stay there, but that was pointed out last night. I've uploaded this version to the GDrive.
>>
>>48792595
For me:
> Boktai is nearing completion
> Disgaea will be made immediately after. Will include scenario involving founding and running your own Netherworld. Will cover 1 and D2. It's still up in the air if I'm covering 2-4, but that's the plan so far.
> Tales of Phantasia will be after. Will include things like a continuity drawback for Tales of Symphonia for those who wonder how deep the butterfly goes.

I sincerely have no idea if I'm making more jumps after that. I don't think I've done much of anything groundbreaking, but I've had fun with the finished products so far.
>>
>>48789362
>>48789362
so What Category does sufficiently advanced stuff like the mother box fall in? on one hand it's basically a computer, on the other hand it uses God as a battery. and does Unable to take magic items out of the warehouse mean that you can still use them inside the warehouse?
>>
>>48792597
An edgy Warren Ellis book about a Superhero who murders the President for 'Justice', and how his friends have to deal with the fallout of his dumbassery. All of the superpowers are the result of cybernetic enhancements stemming from a secret government program.
>>
>>48792607
>Percussive Sobriety updated: you can both give and recieve
Giggity.
>>
>>48792595
The Avengers: EMH; finished the Powers, just need items. In particular, a good 600 CP items for Agents/"Fighting" origin and one 100 CP item for Drop Ins.
>>
>>48792595
The Camp Camp jump will be a blast to make once the series end. I can already feel the inspiration return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAswTnJgkc
>>
>>48792613
To be honest, I love your jumps Heavens. I do have a couple of questions, though. Firstly, does the Tree of Darkness actually dim or even blot out the sunlight in an area if I stay there long enough? If I stayed in New York for a year or two, could the undead come out 24/7? Also, this isn't really a question, but would you mind having the drawback limit be 800cp? I don't how else I'm going to afford everything I want otherwise.
>>
>>48792717
I'm glad you do, anon. As for your questions, it starts out dimming the area and becomes increasingly obvious the longer its present, until it's basically 'night time forever' in that area. Combine that with enough people and things being killed by Dark Matter and you've got a localized Undeadening without fear of the sun. Until someone figures that out, anyhow, so be diligent.

Drawback limit will be 800-1000. I haven't decided yet, but this jump kind of turned into a tax monster, so it's pretty necessary.
>>
Whatever happened to that guy who was doing a cowboy native jumper?
>>
>>48792142
Make puzzles and toys.

>>48792509
>snacking on whatever comes out of SCP-261
Do you test it for poisons first, or do you just rely on Jumper!Constitution?
>>
>>48792791
He got a name and a trip, talked about it for months, then after causing a bunch of drama, to include trying to make rulings on other peoples jumps, he dropped the project.
>>
>>48792595
Cirque du Freak and Demonata
I'm still alive, I'm just rereading the books.
>>
>>48792781
Thanks Heavens-
>800-1000
Mein gott, that would be amazing.
>>
How's the Transistor jump coming along?
>>
>>48792607
Any chance we can get you to add the normal numbers to the CP costs?
Roman numerals are an ass and a half, man.
Come on.
>>
>>48792874
This is your life now.
>>
>>48792874
>He doesnt ROMA
>>
File: 1424821168605.png (485KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1424821168605.png
485KB, 500x456px
>>48792874
Pleb!
>>
>>48792874
It would be a lot simpler to do this then requiring everyone to have to convert everything. At least have 2 versions, one with roman numerals, the other with regular numbers.
>>
>>48792912
>>48792919
Roman empire fell. Those numeral didn't do shit to help them.
>>
File: romans-laughing.jpg (45KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
romans-laughing.jpg
45KB, 460x276px
>>48792874
>plebs
>>
>>48792976
>Mocking others for being unable to read their bullshit numbers.
>Had a literal horse as a senator.
okay
>>
>>48792851
...I'm pretty sure that guy wasn't ParanoidAnon, if that's who you're referring to.
>>
>>48792874
>>48792962
>>48792973
>>48792976
ANTIQUIS TEMPORIBUS, NATI TIBI IN RUPIBUS VENTOSISSIMIS EXPONEBANTUR AD NECEM.
>>
>>48793007
>Had a literal horse as a senator.
He probably passed less stupid and illegal laws than obama. I would vote for a horse over the current US candidates.
>>
>>48793050
I would argue with you but honestly, you're right.

Mister Ed for 2016.
>>
>>48792657
That version of Wasp had best design
>>
Honestly, I just wish the Barbarian section was free of the Roman numerals.
>>
>>48793080
Pffft. With the way Pokemon Go is trending, Ponyta would be a shoe-in.
>>
File: Well... you're not wrong....jpg (88KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Well... you're not wrong....jpg
88KB, 400x400px
>>48793050
>>
>>48793093
>Implying the barbarians of those days had a writing system
>>
>>48792657
Here's the 600 CP items for the other origins, for reference:

Artificial Cosmic Cube- A failed attempt at creating a Cosmic Cube; unfortunately, not a shred of power that went into creating this cube remains. However, the potential for power is still there. Essentially, this cube is a currently empty, unlimited, battery. While it is empty now you can keep charging it with power for as long as you have power to supply it with. (600 CP, discount Drop In)

Lab Samples- You have a replenishing supply (50 pounds every 10 years) of either Uru, Adamantium (in a molten form), or Vibranium, and a small (less than a pound of material), non-replenishing supply of whichever materials you didn’t choose to study or use as you will. (600 CP, discount Scientist)

Artificial Cosmic Control Rod- Not the actual Cosmic Control Rod, as wielded by Annihilus; this rod instead allows you to imbue your creations with a hive mind, which you can then control using the rod. The closer your creations are to each other in terms of construction, the easier they are to control in tandem; purely biological beings can be controlled pretty easily, even if they’re of a different “species”; biological beings and cyborgs would be harder, while biological creatures and robots would be nearly impossible. In the same way, controlling only robots is easy as well. The area you can control your creations in clocks in at around the area of a small city. Using the rod is surprisingly easy for you, and while you won’t be a natural at first you’ll quickly get a hang of it. (600 CP, discount Villain)

And the 100 CP items are basically an ID that can be used to bluff your way into organizations, a set of degrees that update as you gain knowledge and is accepted regardless of whether or not you have a history in a world, and basically a Doombot that's indistinguishable from you but has no powers at all.
>>
>>48793113
They didn't need their own writing system, they'd looted the Greek one. But that's beside the point, they could at least be free of Rome in the pricing scheme.
>>
>>48792791
Pretty sure he just died somewhere, ending his chain.

Sad though, cowboy jumper was pretty amusing.
>>
>>48793197
All the themed jumpers seem to have died.
>>
>>48793182
>a currently empty, unlimited, battery. While it is empty now you can keep charging it with power for as long as you have power to supply it with.
>Leaky Limiter
>This
Oh happy days.

>indistinguishable from you but has no powers at all.
So, uh, how does that work with things like appearance perks, monstrous alt forms and the like?
>>
>>48793113
They did
Plus, pretty much Every culture had signs for numbers, even without letters
You dumb nigger
>>
[Interlude]

-Warehouse-
Local Net (-30CP)
ForceWall (-20CP)
Shelving (Free)
Terminal (-10CP)
Portal (-30CP)
Link (-30CP)
Robots (-20CP)
Food Supply (-10CP)

Because at some point, i'm going to want an impenetrable fort to retreat to for a few weeks.

-Body Mod-
Build: Medium
Body Type: Charmer (-100)
Stats: Appeal 2 (Free), Shape 2 (Free) Strength 2 (-100) Endurance 1 (-50) Dexterity 3 (-150) Speed 1 (-100)
Perks: Metavore (-100) Endowed x3 (Free)

Because I like being the most beautiful person in the room.
>>
>>48793182
Do you need 600cp items for both Agents and "Fighting" origins, or are those the same?
>>
>>48793234
So you want their prices written in runes?
>>
>>48792851
>shitposting this hard to label other people as ParanoidAnon

Dude.
>>
>>48792521
Yes, you can.
>>48792449
They stay in their attachment.

You can't take that altform for the duration of this jump.
>>
>>48793182
Do you have a theme for the drop-in origin? It's somewhat difficult to give you suggestions if we don't know what you're going for...
>>
>>48793210
Bartender jumper is still alive! I think spider jumper is too.
>>
>>48792831
I have Quantum Evolution from Worm, Omega-level Healing Factor from XMCU, and a couple of "Get Out of Death Free" cards.

So it's more interesting to just eat it and see what happens.
>>
>>48793283
Does the same apply for companions who have spaceship altforms? And if you have, say, a spaceship that doubles as a plane or a boat, would using it for exlusively in-atmosphere stuff work?
>>
>>48793283
Can you take things made from within the attachment out of the attachment? Like say I imported my Sajuuk as an ACU: could I still use the manufactured army?
>>
>>48793299
Someone was also trying to make a Tailor build.
>>
>>48793030
Pretty sure he was talking about you.
>>
>>48789284
FMA The Truth,

>*Claps Hands*
>This Wall's Getting!
>*Rumble in the Earth*
>TEN FEET HIGHER!
>Colossal Wall Rockets out of the ground
>A Crying Native American is seen in the distance.
>>
Okay, so for the purposes of the "Darling of Divinity" perk, who is the LEAST horrible Greco-Roman deity to have my name associated with?

'Cause most of them are dicks.
>>
>>48793182
1. The first Spoiler is 200CP in bastion,
2. This one is actually something I'm getting an worth the price.
3.now Could you replicate this item and have one set to your Zurg swarm and the other set to your killer robots?
>>
>>48793328
Yup.
>>
>>48793320
Sure. The purpose of that drawback is to require you to build everything you use in-universe, however that may come to be. If you're building it in-universe, however it may be, it's available to you.
>>
>>48793182
Who's fighting based on? Is it more akin to a warrior or an MMA fighter?
>>
How do magic system perks work?

If I take nonverbal magic in Harry Potter, does that apply to, say, Mushoku Tensei or Dresden magic?
>>
>>48793182
Shit, I want both the Drop In and Scientist capstones. This jump is going to hurt.
>>
>>48793353
Hestia and Hades are good choices.
>>
>>48793353
For the Greeks side, Hades. Hephaestus if Hades doesn't work for you for some reason.
Or Prometheus, if you have a wide enough definition of diety.
For the Romans, afaik there's a lot less terribleness, and a lot more options.
>>
>>48793182
For Agents, could you just do a Helicarrier that retains modifications?
>>
>>48793391
For that specific perk, CCDT said that if non-verbal magic was possible in-setting, then you would git gud at it.

For others, usually they apply equally.
>>
>>48793222
I'm limiting it to around human height, so anything above 10-feet is a no-go. Appearance perks would transfer over, since it's meant to be a perfect copy.

>>48793244
Just one item for Agents; I kinda worded that awkwardly. I was thinking about making the item a Helicarrier or something.

>>48793292
Drop In is loosely based off of the X-Men and Spider-Man; their perkline is based around mastering their powers, teaching others, and then the standard hero traits of being pretty, being clever and snarky, keeping their identity secret, and being able to push their powers slightly past their normal limits when in great danger/to save lives.

>>48793354
1. OK.
3. I don't see why not. Might be difficult if you only have two hands/arms though.

>>48793383
More warrior. Like Thor, Black Panther, Captain America, and Hawkeye.

>>48793396
And those are just the items; each Origin has two 600 CP capstone skills/perks as well as a few discounted powers. Races too.

>>48793405
I think I might end up going with that.
>>
>>48793328
Funny, I never did a cowboy native jumper.

>>48793363
See above. Stay on topic please.
>>
>>48793283
>They stay in their attachment.
Okay, cool. Thanks.

Building my own ships isn't really the problem, because I'm pretty sure I can build one in a week with a paperclip and piece of string... But all my stuff is in there, so being able to walk in is nice.

>You can't take that altform for the duration of this jump.
That's fair, I suppose. Guess I need to build some quantum gates if I want to move people. Atleast I can still fly around on my own.

It's actually kinda funny. This scenario takes away a bunch of magic stuff I rely on for convenience... but my most bullshit stuff is based on hypertech and such.

Do psionics fall under magic, or not? I'd assume not, but...
>>
>>48793450
You could maybe do an updating "Dummy's Guide" for powers? Just like a manual that tells you how to keep them under control, and maybe some basic uses.
>>
>>48793487
Didn't he say something like "if the perk/item specifically mentioned magic, it's banned"?
>>
>>48793450
A super suit that looks good, is comfortable, and generally comes out of conflict with relatively minor wear?
>>
What're some jumps that allow for some sick car chases?
>>
>>48793520
No, he said if it's considered magic by current earth standards it's banned.
Which likely includes a bunch of tech in the actual jump, so...
>>
>>48793487
They don't. Like again. Legilimency is also, arguably psionics. That won't work. But other means will.

Again, there's not much to overanalyze in this. If it's magic, it fails, otherwise it works.
>>
>>48793556
What if it's called magic in-setting, but isn't?
>>
>>48793528
But is it machine-washable?
>>
>>48793450
>>1. OK

by that I'm saying you do something else with That, maybe have it be a existing Cosmic Cube That needs charging,or a "build your own" , Cosmic Cube that could output massive amounts of Whatever kind of energy you first put into it forever, also those things have a tendency to ascend so you Add a note that this one will not gain sapience.
>>
>>48793610
Only if the machine is firing water blasts at you.

>>48793608
Please, for your own sake if no-one else's, just stop.
>>
>>48793594
It...works? Did you miss it when I said that it applies on things that we, here on the world all jumpers depart from, popularly regard as magic?
>>
>>48793649
If the MCU's stance on "magic" is anything to go by, that's not so cut and dry.
>>
Which Jump has the cheapest perfect teleportation?
Also is there a Jump for the film "Jumper"?
>>
>>48793691
Harry Potter
>>
>>48793674
Red needs to stop being so ansty and put her foot down. Is it magic? Is it not magic? Stop being so cowardly and make a ruling.
>>
>>48793594
How about you just make your best guess? I mean, there are over 600 jumps on the drive. You cannot reasonable expect a jump maker to account for all combinations. Just read the perk, drawback, or item and make a good-faith guess. No one is going to check your work, and odds are you aren't going to post your chain or your jump in thread.
>>
>>48793691
You can get it in Raildex for free.

>>48793706
>splicing, increased difficulty, and disorientation aren't a thing

That is by no means "perfect" teleportation.
>>
>>48793753
>You cannot reasonable expect a jump maker to account for all combinations.
Yes you can.
>>
>>48793803
Yeah, you can totally expect that. And when you do, you show that you're a retard for doing so.
>>
>>48793741
>Make a ruling so that I can shit on them because I disagree with the ruling no matter what they say.
>>
>>48793753
He's just poking you until you do away with any rules. He's got autism and nothing to do.
>>
>>48793741
Antired, you didn't even read the comments did you. You ignorant ass little bitch.

How's Red gonna make a 'ruling' on the fuckin' setting itself? She's not Whedon.

You need to try harder, mang. I'm not even mad. I'm just laughin' at your dumb ass.
God damn, does it hurt to be that stupid?
>>
File: cool-pigeon-chess-board-bird.jpg (57KB, 540x631px) Image search: [Google]
cool-pigeon-chess-board-bird.jpg
57KB, 540x631px
>>48793818
Your statement is the most correct one in this whole thread
>>
>>48793753
Thank you. Really, thank you.
>>48793803
Not this maker.

I've entertained this long enough, methinks. Going to work on the drawbacks now.

Feel free to ask me about anything apart from Heir of Empire. And not changing a word about it. Deal with it.
>>
>>48793706
>>48793775
Yeah, Harry Potter teleportation is weak shit. I was looking for instantaneous, extremely far, not requiring visual reference or previously being there, complete safety from telefragging, no exhaustion or nausea, and maybe enough control for only teleporting parts of something, or bringing other things with you.
Not really feeling a Raildex Jump, got anything in a superpowers setting?
>>
>>48793507
That's a pretty nice idea. Like general tips for basic ones that are common and then more specialized ones for powers that the Jumper has, in particular?

>>48793528
There's going to be a small section under Items for customizing armor and weapons, so that would be a good thing to add to there.

>>48793631
I feel like my idea is more in line with the other items, though. Both of your ideas are vastly more powerful than the other capstone items.
>>
>>48793870
>I was looking for instantaneous, extremely far, not requiring visual reference or previously being there, complete safety from telefragging, no exhaustion or nausea, and maybe enough control for only teleporting parts of something, or bringing other things with you.
You want a free blowjob with that?
God damn, son, prioritize your wish list.
>>
File: GrumpyVisionary.jpg (61KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
GrumpyVisionary.jpg
61KB, 360x450px
>>48792142
SCIENCE!

If on the rare occasion I'm bored of SCIENCE!, hedonistic mega-corporation CEO shit.
>>
>>48793870
Well, it's by no means the cheapest; but apart from that, I believe Omega-level teleportation from X-men fits everything else.
>>
>>48793893
>You want a free blowjob with that?

With a sandwich immediately after, no crust.
>>
File: 1465946691371.gif (1MB, 680x390px) Image search: [Google]
1465946691371.gif
1MB, 680x390px
>>48793870
Such spoonfeeding, much unimaginative.

Here: Forgotten Realms, Wizard or Sorcerer, Wayfarer Guild prestige class.
>>
>>48793871
Probably the latter, or maybe depending on who's reading it -- primarily because the mechanics of how they work/how to control them are rarely the same across settings.
>>
>>48793893
Several cannon characters in stories have that level of teleportation, most of the time they don't even think about the restrictions they're free of, but other teleporters might face.

>>48793912
I was hoping another option, but I understand it would be omega-level, I'll go with xmen, thanks.
>>
>>48793870
Goddamn, this reminds me of something a jumpmaker said. I can't remember who, but I know someone said they design their jumps as though they were catering to billionaires. Because of the constant need to be blinged out and get all the bells and whistles they could want just to show off.

I am amazed at how accurate the comparison is.
>>
>>48793871
>>48793945
*Just something to help in getting past the "how do I shot web" stage, basically.
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>48792142
Tinker in my Lab, or go on a date with one of mai waifus.

>>48793210
Does Gamer/Minion Master count?

>>48793351
>A Crying Ishvaran is seen in the distance.
FTFY
>>
How bad an idea would it be to have Frisk, as an Alpha level Psyker focusing on Telapathy, try to befriend Alma Wade?
>>
>>48794007
The worst.
>>
>>48793864
You're doing great, keep plugging away at it.
>>
>>48793952
>Several cannon characters in stories have that level of teleportation, most of the time they don't even think about the restrictions they're free of, but other teleporters might face.

If you already knew where to get it, why'd you ask us?
Or are the settings you're talking about not jumps yet?
Because they should be.
>>
>>48794007
Well he's got the best chance of it.

>>48794021
Alma's nowhere near as bad as something like Omega Flowey.
>>
>>48794007
+1 SAVE
>>
File: lewd1470967825943.jpg (201KB, 600x766px) Image search: [Google]
lewd1470967825943.jpg
201KB, 600x766px
>>48793893
>You want a free blowjob with that?
Is. . . is that an option in thread now? I'd like one blowjob, please. Extra noise, hold the talking and supersize it please.
>>
File: Gamer 2.png (698KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer 2.png
698KB, 800x1296px
Anyone up for giving Gamer/Minion Master a toss?

The Gamer Chain-
Concept-Overlord Native-Chain, a Gamer like Ainz who got sucked into the New World. Built the way I would build a character for an MMO, Minions and Buffs for Minions.
Has a Gamer mind-set for most of the chain, trying to exploit anything he can, and to get more Minions and Buffs.

Companions- Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Mooks, Lupa d'Angela, Akitsu, Yashima, Haihane, Waddle Dees, Heather, Genie, Female Hades,
Felyne(Not named),Arianrhod, Otis, Milo, Chara(SAVED, and Podded), Dante

My apologies for not being here the last few days. I found a site for Emulators and have been playing Ocarina of Time again, not close to done yet, but I was indulging my Nostalgia.
>>
>>48794073
Hive Queen. Let's see how far you'll go to make minions.
>>
>>48794073
Generic Hentai Jump
>>
File: 7a89c9aca146fd3c52f7e42e31d3834a.jpg (230KB, 1535x1086px) Image search: [Google]
7a89c9aca146fd3c52f7e42e31d3834a.jpg
230KB, 1535x1086px
>>48792142
Go out and wander the world, get into some trouble, and come back home with a fresh tale to tell. When I'm feeling lazy I'll stay in and read a few books. Crazy super science is losing its appeal now that my ability at it is growing so quickly.

>>48793210
Pirate King is getting ready to leave Narnia after learning just how much a knife in the liver can hurt.

>>48794007
He's got a pretty good shot, but the consequences of his failure would probably be quite disastrous.
>>
>>48794086
You're honestly the most pathetic troll we've had in some time.
>>
>>48794054
Right away, sir!

: ^)
>>
>>48794054
Now, What do you mean by supersize? Do you want the person doing the blowjob to be giant or...?
>>
File: Warhammer 40k.png (68KB, 338x329px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 40k.png
68KB, 338x329px
>>48794085
Why do you hate me?
But accepted, I guess.

>>48794103
>Otherwise humanized, but Judy is wearing bunny ears.
That annoys the shit out of me for some reason.
>>
File: Noise.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Noise.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>48794054
>Extra noise
I mean.... I guess?
>>
>>48794146
1800CP

>>48794175
Yay!
>>
So we recently lost ASA, Alice, and SJ right? Anyone else made the move over to SB?
>>
>>48794172
They're just hair clips, not actual ears. But I know what you mean.
>>
File: 1459002740693.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459002740693.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I am planning to do a Kino´s Journey jump, the origins would be Drop-in, Traveller and Citizen, care to give ideas for the citizen discount perks?

Here is the wikipedia link if you dont know what the series is about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kino%27s_Journey
>>
>>48794217
Apparently Jojo Anon visited SB and dropped the Stand supplement there. Because SB's community is less toxic
>>
>>48794263
Anon, you know that's a lie.
>>
>>48794220
That's why I said "wearing" not "has".
>>
>>48794217
>ASA, Alice
No? ASA's on shitty wi-fi, and Alice was here last night.

I mean, Red hasn't posted in awhile, but she hasn't gone to SB.

>SJ
Still posts regularly here, as well as on SB.
>>
>>48794263
I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>48794278
>ASA on shitty wi-fi
With how much he's posting there, you know that's just a bad lie.

>Alice
Very few posts here, spends most time there.

>SJ
Hasn't been here in a week, posts there frequently. She's gone.
>>
>>48794217
If you're going to bait, could you do something interesting? Post a picture or a half-assed lewd jump or something, what you're doing is just sad.
>>
>>48794298
It's not bait, it's a fact. See >>48794294
>>
File: 1468878119424.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1468878119424.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>48794308
>>
>>48794329
You really can't keep running away from reality just because you can construe something negatively if you squint.
>>
File: Friendship, maybe.jpg (153KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
Friendship, maybe.jpg
153KB, 760x596px
>>48794085
Hive Queen- Endless Bugs. Fun times.
0/1500
Rolled for Huron- I'm leaving this watery grave ASAP
Scientist- I know, not getting the Minions Option? Just wait
Free Xeno-Anthropologist
Discount Brute Forcing Science- I can research things faster, by throwing minions at it? I love you
Discount We Can Copy Nature
Discount Reverse Engineering Genius
The Flesh is Strong
Free Chemical Synthesizer
Discount FormOther Brand Medical Pod
Extended Family (Gnarl as Hive Queen)- He won't be the happiest, but he's already a Zerg Drone, so he'll deal with it.

Scavenger Frenzy+300- Army.
Whispers of the Void+200- GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Where to next people?
>>
>>48794352
Boring build desu.
>>
>>48794259
That's a girl?
>>
>>48794367
I don't want to be a giant bug, so I decided to fost that duty onto Gnarl.
More Minions for the Hordes.
>>
>>48794352
>Where to next people?
F.E.A.R.
>>
File: 1458962302406.jpg (1MB, 1967x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1458962302406.jpg
1MB, 1967x1400px
>>48794384
yes
>>
>>48794217
What is the SB?
>>
>>48794408
Forum with a jumpchain thread. Shitposting's gotten so bad a lot of our regulars have been chased there.
>>
If I have the perk from Baten Kaitos that makes it so that all of my attacks land with the force of my weapons as well, a weapon that ignores defenses, a GBE, and the Breaking Point technique from Ranma that causes inorganic objects to break when poked, could I poke an Endbringer and one shot it?
>>
>>48794421
>a lot
>>
>>48794438
3 named people is fairly impressive in the soup of anons.
>>
>>48794294
>you know that's just a bad lie.
Why would he lie about that there, of all places, when the only reason the message was even carried over was because Cracker_Jack wanted to correct people like you?

>Very few posts here
29 posts there, in 5 months. Try again.

>Hasn't been here in a week, posts there frequently. She's gone.
Posts here as much as she used to, which is to say: not much. Still drops by for jumps, updates, and the occasional banter. I'll grant that saying SJ left is more valid than the other two, however.
>>
>>48794465
>Why would he lie about that there
To avoid open hostility.

>29 posts there, in 5 moths
Most of them made in the last week.

>Not much
Have you been under a rock the last two months?
>>
>>48794278
>I mean, Red hasn't posted in awhile, but she hasn't gone to SB.
Y'all know she was chased off by the IRC, right? It was glorious.
>>
File: Despair.png (340KB, 804x453px) Image search: [Google]
Despair.png
340KB, 804x453px
>>48794402
Why do you hate me?
But fine, accepted.
>>
>>48794500
Lying isn't healthy for the psyche, anon.
>>
>>48794263
Doubt
>>
Can you all stop responding to the bait? It's been, what, a week tops since those people have been seen? Just chill out, if they're gone, they're gone, but it's probably just the shitposter hoping to stir up drama.
>>
>>48794575
It's just depressing that he's managed to chase them away. I don't know how you can be so blase about it.
>>
>>48794424
Probably.
>>
How many lies can you make within the saged thread?

Less than you'd think but more than you'd hope for
>>
>>48794489
>To avoid open hostility.
To avoid the fury of random internet anons? Okay.

>Most of them made in the last week.
Literally more than 3x that amount made here in the same time-frame. Try again.

>Have you been under a rock the last two months?
No. I mean, I don't know? Some plaster contains rock in its composition, so maybe you could say I've been living under rocks-plural. I've also been listening to some Hard Rock and Metal. So, kinda.
>>
Let's change the subject.

Who's building for this? I like the drop in and monster trees.
>>
>>48794615
>To avoid the fury of random internet anons? Okay.
Some people don't like hostility or conflict. I know that's a bit alien here, but it's true.

>Literally more than 3x that amount made here.
Not really, they've been pretty absent lately.

>No.
Then you'd know that they were actually pretty active in the thread through that timeframe. Now they're completely absent here.
>>
>>48794641
Jesus christ if this is what counts as trolling these days I'm disappointed in this place.
>>
>>48794641
The jumpmaker has told you to stop.
>>
>>48794641
I know you're just trolling, but I honestly think this is a pretty well put together jump. It's a little rough around the edges, but nothing that wouldn't get fixed by a review from the thread.

This guy's actually good at jump making. I wish he'd stop wasting his talent on lewd bullshit.
>>
>>48794682
>Samefagging
>>
>>48794217
I'm still here until this branch of Jumpchain collapses. I've just been working on builds more.
>>
>>48794662
Millennials, man. They just don't want to put the effort in.
>>
>>48794695
Someone on SB told you to come over because you were being talked about?
>>
File: green-sun.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
green-sun.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
Five or six Backgrounds. (Depending on whether Noble and Merchant are done seperately or I just do one Noble background) Each with a 100/200/400/600 perk spread.
Five Caste Yozi to pick. Two perks for all of those, most likely 200/400.
Four+ extra Favored Yozi to pick, in addition to the Caste one. Also 200/400 costed.
And /atleast/ 10 "general" perks, probably more. Running anywhere from 50 to 600.

50 perks to write up, assuming I don't go nuts and line out more of them.

I'm running out of ways to describe forms of dance.
Also, Warrior perks are hard. Not sure how to write a whole background of them.

I'm starting to think this is insanity.

Send help.
>>
File: BlackguardTurnedPaladin.jpg (453KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
BlackguardTurnedPaladin.jpg
453KB, 1360x768px
>>48794402
>>48794352
F.E.A.R.- Note to self, never let Alma meet Chara.
0/1800
Rolled for Valkyrie Tower
Rolled for 29
Drop-in
Free Paxton Fettel
Free Like a Ninja
Discount Null and Void- My Will is my own! I am Sovreign!
Parts of a Whole
Nowhere to Hide
Synchronicity Event- My Psionics, like my Magic, grow ever stronger
Import-Forsetti, Lupa, Gnarl, Lilith, Hades, Genie, Dante, Heather

Otherworld+600- BORING! I already did this in Persona!
Liquid Harvest+200- I ambush the ambusher!

Now, the question is simple.

How long until Gnarl does something stupid to offend Alma?

Next Toss please.
>>
>>48794712
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread.393563/page-462

Spot the /tg/ discussion. Oh, wait, you can't.
>>
>>48794727
PM.
>>
>>48793210
Looking into fallen london more before continuing on with tailor jumper. Seems like a thing to do given how rich this setting seems to be.
>>
>>48794724
Kung Fury.
>>
WoW Update is coming along, it'll probably be a week or so before I get done with the classes. I'll do another update once I get a good understanding of Class Halls & Garrisons. For those who wish to see progress, note that I'm only up to Mage and DK might need looking over again.
>>
File: hug98q52lkad8442_09.gif (774KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hug98q52lkad8442_09.gif
774KB, 500x281px
>>48794695
>Alice Winters
Yer mah favorite Alice, Alice.
>>
>>48794259
This one is pretty obscure.
>>
>>48794727
I don't even think SB has that good of a response time. They're a forum. Forums are inherently slower paced than imageboards.
>>
>>48793353
Romulus.
>>
>>48794643
>Some people don't like hostility or conflict. I know that's a bit alien here, but it's true.
Considering a large portion of his posts have been either combating SB bullshit or acting as a /tg/ intermediary? I'm not inclined to believe he's completely left.

>Not really, they've been pretty absent lately.
A cursory look at 4plebs shows this isn't the case.

>Now they're completely absent here.
Alright, I concede on this point. Though it's been forever since she made the announcement she was moving to SB.
>>
>>48794662
>>48794665
>>48794682
Stop feeding it.
Report and ignore.
>>
>>48794722
You cannot comprehend the sheer levels of hype currently coursing through my veins. I shall celebrate this with the traditional dance of joy.
>>
>>48794731
>muh sekret massages
>muh duum ecksodus
>muh reel konsern
Yup, not at all trolling. Not at all.
>>
>>48794722
My first thought with that image was another SBURB Jump, not Ligier.
>>
>>48794767
>Considering a large portion of his posts have been either combating SB bullshit or acting as a /tg/ intermediary?
Is that the new way to say "Building and general conversation"? Because I'm reading his posts, that's all he's doing, not acting as some ambassador like you claim.
>>
>>48794722
What about Kimbery Perks?

Also, thank you SO much for working on this. Infernal has been my favorite Splat Book since I first read it.

>>48794734
Accepted.
>>
>>48794722
No Drawback limit pls.
>>
>>48794712
No. I honestly post there even less then here.
>>
>>48794798
His posts aren't real, that's just a smoke screen for his real work which is done over PMs. He's a secret communist robber baron eco corporatist lewd posting jewmancer. It's all secret, that's why you can't see it. Only doompaul anon knows.
>>
File: 1402110349628.jpg (75KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1402110349628.jpg
75KB, 385x385px
>>48794641
That isn't very nice anon. The jumpmaker explicitly stated that you should cease and desist. While it's ok not like the rules of the thread. You shouldn't be doing with these petty shitposting antics.
Granted I'm glad you chose to post this while it's in autosage. Which is usually when our regularly scheduled shitstorm occurs. But it would be nice to have a non-shitstorm thread every once in a while.

>>48794745
OH Manyfist I wanted to ask. About summoned demon minions, are they like perk fiated summons? Could they in theory become companions if I pull off the needed procedures? I kinda wanted to companion a minor demon or two just because.
>>
>>48794643
>Not really, they've been pretty absent lately.
What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't put "literally" in there as a figurative modifier. She has, in volume, at least 3x as many posts here in the last week as her total post-count there.
>>
>>48794778
It'll be a while still. But I'll try to deliver.

>>48794796
Appropriately enough, I did Sburb too. Though this is shaping up to get larger, especially in fluff... I guess I just like Green Suns?

>>48794815
Kimbery perks would fall under the Favored Yozi section. So, she'd get a set of 200/400cp perks, just like the other Yozi.

Also got Isidoros, Szoreny, Hegra, and maybe Oramus for that too. Might include more of them if I get good ideas for the others.

>>48794834
You'll probably get your wish? I tend to do that on big jumps, and this seems to be the biggest yet for me.
>>
>>48794917
How's DCAU coming along?
>>
>>48789362
First, thanks for doing the jump!
Maybe consider switching the places of Tech Savvy and Macintyre Luck in the Drop in tree, Luck is pretty much always useful, but "you instinctually the user manual" is a lot less so, and I think fits a 200 CP perk a lot better. Hell. make the Luck the 600 CP perk and drop bridge officer descendant to 400 CP. Cause yeah, Emperor Colin got the Holy Mother of all lucky breaks at the beginning there, and having royal lineage it it matters is also a but niche in other jumps

You were wondering about a Achiltani tree, but had no ideas?
100 CP Built like a Stallion: Body Perk, increases strength, speed, and endurance (Their bodies were genetically optimized to be the best they could be ages ago. Also, Stallion because all male centaurs)

200 CP Embedded AI Imperative AI's will instinctively arrange it's plans to accommodate you as much as possible. (The Master AI was never able to free itself from its programming, and had to keep the Achiltani alive, and the hunts to justify its power)

400 CP Millions of Years of Stasis: Your body is immune to attempts to change it, like viruses, polymorph spells, radiation, etc Does not apply to regular damage. Also maintains equipment

600 CP Good enough for my Ancestors: Any equipment you or forces under your control/authority use splits the difference between its actual performance specs, and the best example of that type of technology you can produce. This boost is limited to doubling its performance in any one area.
(The Achultani AI deliberately installed inferior tech in its fleets, but still had great success in its goals. This makes inferior technology perform closer to your best technology, so bow & arrows are more like guns, and the nerfed Grav Lance can act more like the deluxe model)

>The roll was to make things a bit interesting. You could get as little as 2000 years and as much as 25000
I just don't like random you cannot change. I fixed time would be fairer with a fixed time.
>>
Why the fuck do any jumpmakers put up with this shit? They're going out of their way, using their own time and effort, with no obligation, to create jumps for some random assholes they've never really met.

And you ungrateful fucks constantly shit on them for it.
>>
Say, would there be any interest in a WWE jump or has that niche been pretty much filled by the generic fighting (game?) jump?
>>
>>48795051
Hey man, if you can swing it, more power to you.
>>
>>48795061
>if you can swing it

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>48795051
Do it.

Also, the sun will rise within about two hours or less. Just finishing items.
>>
>>48794259
Needs at least something for creating weird cultural traditions. Also, what's the difference between a drop-in and a traveler?
>>
>>48795043
Because clearly they hate themselves more than the community does.
>>
>>48794815
>>48794952
Also, no problem. It's my favorite splat too.

Any specific things you're looking for in Kimbery perks?

Also, think I'll ask this again, in case someone wasn't there last time... Does anyone have suggestions for anything I have to include in Infernals?

>>48795043
I just like to write about settings I like, and making a thing.

Then again. I don't really get much shit? So maybe I'm not too qualified to talk about it.
>>
>>48795043
Have you ever considered that maybe they get shit on because they deserve it for acting the way they do?
>>
File: 1438221113946.jpg (50KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1438221113946.jpg
50KB, 640x479px
>>48794958
Terribly slowly. I haven't touched it in god knows how long. Apathy is kind of a thing I suffer from. I'm focusing more on jumping which I haven't done in half a year if not longer. Not to mention I'm kinda stuck with coming up with new non-broken perks. Writing up a comprehensive description for "Guide to Super Tech Theory" which lets you make A.M.A.Z.O. like tech in breaking down super powers into comprehensive scientific/technological form

Also wondering which comic book tie ins to the JLA series is canon or not. And also considering if Justice League Action as an alt series to go to but I might leave that for DC jump to cover or someone else to make a jump of that

AND I'm wondering how to balance powers vs perks and what should cover what. Should they be big massive 800cp packages or mutliple cheaper ones. Or just a few big ones with a bunch of smaller ones. Or if powers or perks should cover martial skills, and knowledge of scientific fields

This isn't going into how to balance races, backgrounds, and whatnot. I'm just really stuck and KH burned me out somewhat.

I'll get back to it I swear
>>
>>48794952
Here's another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs&t=2m18s
>>
>>48795123
>Then again. I don't really get much shit? So maybe I'm not too qualified to talk about it.
It's good to be a jump maker that doesn't get discussed much.
>>
>>48795123
Is there a way to not become a Green Sun/Yozi?
>>
>>48795123
That's because you're decent, unlike some of the worthless shits who call themselves jumpmakers.
>>
>>48795123
It was a bait comment, mang. Don't reply to those.
>>
>>48795154
>big massive 800cp packages
I'd pay 800CP for a massive package. Bonus points if it was super powered too.
>>
File: Fun.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>48794734
>>48794724
Kung Fury- Fighting people? But I have people to do that for me!
0/1300
Cop
Rolled for Miami, 1985
Free You Got A Permit For Those?
Free Sudden Appearances
Discount You're The Best Damn Partnet I've Ever Had
Nazi Science- I've fought the bastards enough I should be capable of understanding their tech
Free Gun
Free Clothes
Speeching Stage
Companion Import-Forsetti, Lupa, Gnarl, Lilith, Chara, Otis, Milo, Yashima

Kung Kuher Wants To Claim The Throne+300- I've fought Nazis at least half a dozen times by now
True Survivor+200- Army.
Vally of the Laser-Raptors+200- Again, I have an Army.
Kung Face+Hamtastic+200- I'm not sure how these work together, but I want to see it.

>>48794952
Huzzah!

>>48795123
Poison Tendrils are an obvious choice for Kimbery.
Then either Water control of some sort, or maybe a method of making sea-life?
>>
>>48795148
>>48795177
I genuinely hope you die a painful death.
>>
>>48795190
>Fun.jpg
I love that pic, man. I don't know why, but I love that pic.
>>
>>48795085
Traveller already has experience traveling between countries and gets a vehicle and some perks for free , drop-ins appear from thin air on the city they rolled/choose with no new memories nor connections, they could choose to stay on the city or to start travelling.
>>
>>48795154
On powers vs perks, I personally prefer the way Young Justice and Incredibles handled it. So for the most part, smaller individual powers, with maybe a race package or two.
>>
>>48795218
I still remember when people tried to tell me off for wishing he'd die.
>>
>>48794424
Is Baten Kaitos on the drive? I can't find it.
>>
Can someone give me a list of infinite food/drink sources?
>>
>>48790157
Ideally, if you can manage the formatting,
>>48790388 here is the best layout,
If you cannot, I like the left one. Because I look at the perks, and the origin with the perks I want most decides what my background is.
>>
>>48795034
huh...I just thought that bridge officer was a huge boost in-jump...these ideas deserve thought on.

And the achuultani tree...it looks pretty... again, let's see!

About the time period, if it's an issue for more people, I'll look at changing it, but right now I just don't want to touch that DB anymore. So...maybe?
>>
>>48795295
Check uploads.
>>
>>48795302
Incredibles has mimosas and shrimp.
Steven Universe has ice cream sandwhiches, donuts, and fries.
>>
>>48795295
It's in A-M. You might need to refresh; the drive has been wonky lately.
>>
>>48795163
Yay, green suns.

>>48795172
I'm not sure what you're asking? You're not turning into Ligier or becoming a Yozi with the jump.

If you mean not becoming a Green Sun Prince, as in an Infernal Exalt... there's options. The Drop-In capstone for one, and the drawback that means you don't Exalt for another.

>>48795190
Those do sound good, yeah. Gotta be careful not to go too far into stuff covered by Charms on the tendrils though. Thanks.
>>
>>48794722
You're gonna make it clear just how massively this Jump will change you right? And whether they'll be toggleable or permanent?
>>
>>48795051
>WWE jump
Fund it. And make a drawback so all the crazy lore is real. I want to body slam the servants of eldritch beings.
>>
>>48795358
Important Question: Will there be a perk to help me romance Adorjan?
>>
>>48795353
>>48795318
Alright, gotta ask. Is it there for you two? Because even with refresh I don't see it.
>>
>>48795374
>And make a drawback so all the crazy lore is real.

I am now seriously thinking of doing this, and was thinking that the crazy lore being real would be the default state, given how cool that would be.

>I want to body slam the servants of eldritch beings.

Wait a minute- is this a post-jump thing or is this a thing where some no-name has that as their backstory?
>>
>>48795358
Don't Infernals become Yozis eventually? I mean, I realize it probably wouldn't be an issue until post-spark, but still.
>>
>>48795424
That is a specific Charm Path, and one you can choose not to take.

Generally speaking Infernals were built to "Live Fast and Die Young", they have shorter life-spans than most other Exalted unless they go Yozi or the secret Devil-Tiger route.
>>
>>48794722
You're including a 0 CP drawback that removes all the grimderp shit about Lilun and the Yozi gangbangs, right?
>>
>>48795365
I'll do so, yeah. Infernals can get /weird/.

>>48795376
...Well, Demon-Wracking Shout is a Charm you can learn.

I might also include something for her particular brand of romance in her perk line or somewhere else. Not sure yet.

>>48795424
Only if you choose to do so.

>>48795439
They don't even have to go Yozi or Devil-Tiger. Just raising Essence is enough.

>>48795446
Of course. Those chapters got pretty stupid.
>>
>>48795439
>Devil-Tiger
Isn't this the full edgelord one? Like even more than normal?

>>48795446
>>48795483
Pretty sure that bit wouldn't even need to be in a drawback since all the other writers for them ignored it.
>>
>>48795439
>>48795483
Ah, okay. Thanks. I'm rather attached to my limbs, and would prefer I stay that way.
>>
>>48795483
What's Devil Tiger? Also, does that mean we can become a Yozi post-spark? From what I've heard they're the love child of Nyarlathotep and Satan on steroids.
>>
>>48795495
Is is canon? Because if it is you can't just ignore it.
>>
>>48795483
Even raising Essence leaves them with a shorter lifespan than most Exalted with the same level of Essence.

>>48795446
>>48795483
The Grimderp stuff was declared non-canon anyway.

>>48795495
Devil-Tiger is the one where you tell the Yozi to fuck off, and change your Exaltation into something slightly different, and become a nascent Primordial yourself.

No Edge involved.
>>
>>48795483
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are there going to be any perks relating to turning into a Devil Tiger? Additionally, is there going to be an option to import companions as Infernals?
>>
>>48795543
I think I'm getting them mixed up with Kindred of the East's Devil-Tiger, then. Those are based around eating and torturing people in horrible ways to make yourself powerful and to feed.
>>
>>48795524
The Devil Tiger path lets you create your own custom Charms based on your own themes. Ironically, it prevents you from ever becoming a Primordial yourself though, not that it actually matters since turning into a Primordial is a trap option anyway.
>>
>>48795535
It's part of a horrible paragraph in their source book, of which all other writers completely ignore, and almost all players. It's just so out of whack with the rest of it that people can easily discard the nonsense.
>>
>>48795409
>Wait a minute- is this a post-jump thing or is this a thing where some no-name has that as their backstory?
I think its part of the backstroy for the Undertaker, you know, THE iconic guy of heel wrasslin

Also i think the wyatts have some wierd keyfabe thing going on
>>
>>48795566
I know being a Yozi sucks, but why would be an actual Primordial be bad?
>>
>>48795409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp3EqVaiv9I
>>
>>48795566
Does turning into a Primordial as an Infernal come with the same weird conceptual autism of being incapable of understanding things out of your portfolio? And how long does it take to raise essence anyways? Google isn't being super helpful.
>>
>>48795576
>I think its part of the backstroy for the Undertaker, you know, THE iconic guy of heel wrasslin

Goddamn. None of this shit is on the wiki.
>>
>>48795524
There are two "End Game" Charm Trees for Infernals

One where you become one of the Yozi, and no that doesn't mean "you get Yozi powers" You become a copy of one of the Yozi, including their personality overriding yours.

This was the "intended" path for Inferals to take should they get strong enough.

But there is a secret, and unintentional, path for the Inferals. Devil-Tiger. Where you warp the nature of your Exaltation so it is one made by You not by a Yozi, and you eventually become a nascent Primordial. Even with your own Inner World and Third-Circle Demons forged from your soul.

>>48795566
Yes and no. It stops you from becoming a Yozi, but you are once you finish the Devil-Tiger path for all intents and purposes a new-born Primordial. Without some of their weaknesses.
>>
>>48795581
They have split personalities or something like that. Think they're called Third Circle Demons?
>>
>>48795581
Primordials have all their Attributes and Skills set to 0, and can only act by using their Excellency. That means you're an entirely myopic being that can never act outside of a caricature of who you were before. In exchange, you get a 1000 mote large Essence pool... with is mostly worthless because you have to add a second crippling Flaw of Invulnerability to all your perfect defenses. Primordials are build to be boss fights for essence 5 Exalts, not to actually be able to compete with them.
>>
>>48795612
To be fair, Undertaker is usually fluffed as "Servant of Satan/Actually Satan" and most people don't think the devil is eldritch.
>>
>>48795617
That sounds incredibly schway. I want it. Is the inner world like a reality marble or something?
>>
What was that other kind of evil Exalted other than Infernals? Abyssals?
>>
>>48795653
Aren't those the servant of the Neverborn aka Zombie Cthulhu?
>>
>>48792142

>Go woo one of my lady companions
>Improve infrastructure in Halona, maintaining magical seals and the like to keep it safe and beautiful
>Seek out martial arts schools in the area thanks to Dojo Crasher and Keep Going Right
>Hell, Keep Going Right is an amazing boredom stopper simply by saying "I want to go somewhere where there's trouble afoot" or a similar plot hook and just wandering. Gloria has "Lost and Forgotten" too so she often helps me find new and interesting places on our way there
>Host a fighting tournament for grand prizes such as youth, beauty, a perfect waifu(Heaven's Lost Property continues to pay dividends), power, weapons and technology with the express purpose of facing every competitor in a preliminary as to get their techniques
>Seek out parties with the CATastrophe perk and turning it up
>Hunting for lost artifacts and treasures, it's been my interest since freakin' Legend of Zelda(1st jump) and taking Indiana jones as well as Swords and Sorcery early on hasn't helped that
>When in doubt, pig out

Life's good when you're a bun.
>>
>>48795604
Raising it up to 5 isn't "too" hard. Above that it has a "minimum age" requirement. You need to be 100 Years Old to reach Essence 6, 250 to reach 7, and I forget where it goes after that.

>>48795629
Yozi/Primordials have one personality. Third Circles are living representations of parts of their personality.
The problem is that if you kill a Third Circle, you fuck up that part of the Yozi/Primordial's personality, and change it perminantly.

Devil-Tigers have Third Circles, but they aren't effected by that weakness.

>>48795648
Kind of? You can't bring the Inner World out into the real world. It is a world, inside of you. That you can populate with life as you desire.
It's a good place to hold your Demons once you forge them with a different charm.

>>48795653
Abyssals are basically Vampires/Evil Solars.
Both Abyssals and Infernals were made from Solars. But Abyssals are "Take everything about Solars and make it Evil" while Inferals got really fucking weird.
>>
>>48795631
That makes sense. How strong did the Exalted even become during the Primordial War anyways? Essence 4?
>>
>>48795631
Really? Why did they need entire armies of Essence 10 Solars, Lunars, and Sidereals all leading gigantic armies of Dragonbloods to fight them off then?
>>
>>48795681
Digger, can training/sparring/shooting practice be used for the purposes of Cyber Knoight's "Make it Work"?
>>
>>48795678
Yes.
The Neverborn are the Primordials who were Killed rather than Imprisoned like the Yozi. But Primordials "can't" die, so the Neverborn came into existence.
The Neverborn don't do much themselves, but their servants the Death Lords are right bastards. Most Abyssals answer to a specific Death Lord.

The Death Lords are Solars killed during the Usurpation who want revenge, and thus refused to pass on.

>>48795691
>>48795697
Essence 5 was the cap Exalted were intended to reach. Several of them hit Essence 7 or 8 during the war.

It's a theme with Autochithon, the guy who made Exaltations, that his Creations tend to go further than he ever expected them to.
>>
>>48795697
The Primordials had armies of Devas, as well as the support of every species in the world besides humans, all of whom were Essence users with First Age style magic infrastructure.
>>
Will the various Exalted jumps have continuity? I want to kill everything because I hate that setting, but would prefer to have a couple chances at it.
>>
>>48795738
Deva jump when
>>
>>48792199

You wouldn't be wrong.
There is no in-universe way to get from the computer out into the real world, unfortunately. You'd need either the ship given in the jump or some other way of leaving a digital landscape to do so.
>>
>>48795681
>Dojo Crasher
>Keep Going Right
>Lost and Forgotten

Where are these from?
>>
Solar
Lunar
Sidereal (even harder to balance than Solar funny enough)
Abyssal
Alchemical

Those are the Exalted types we don't have/aren't getting a jump for yet right? Am I missing any?
>>
>>48795691
Like Essence 8 for some, but most only reached Essence 3 because it was a massive bodycount, even these demigods had to zerg rush them and rarely lived long enough to reach beyond that.
>>
>>48795750
The Infernal jump lets you already lets you grow parts of your soul to turn them into Devas.
>>
So what's so bullshit about charms above 5 to necessitate a cap? Especially if perfection is being nerfed and it takes a minimum of a century to get above 5? Are they greater than planetary destruction or something?
>>
>>48795697
Also "Entire armies of Solars, Lunars, and Sidereals" is a bit of an exaggeration.

There were 720 Solars, Lunars, and Sidereals at max.

>>48795772
Depends on if you count 3rd Edition stuff.
Like Exigents.
But otherwise, yes you are correct.

>>48795786
Conceptual Bullshit, like most high-tier Exalted stuff.
>>
>>48795380
It is for me.
>>
>>48795796
>Depends on if you count 3rd Edition stuff.
I'd say "Not yet."

Not enough material.
>>
>>48795786
Can't Solar Exalted smack around Primordials aka Great Old One level creatures at least with those charms?
>>
>>48795772
There's the new Liminals and Exigents, frankenstein-monster ghost-hunters and the custom chosen of random god respectively. But those aren't really as big a deal as the core set.
>>
>>48795725

Yes sir, though it's not as fast as it would be with practical experience. I'd say you'd take about twice as long to get to where you would with safe training than it would if you spent that same amount of time actually fighting and using it in battoru
Not exactly fiat, but sorta reflecting the fact that this stuff comes about from battle experience (like that gotten in the RPG cyber knight is) rather than drilling
>>
>>48795814
Meh, those are third edition. They're completely different than the 2e stuff we're using now.
>>
>>48795809
True enough. I can't wait for Exigents though. So many fun ideas.

>>48795811
The Queen of the Solars choked a Primordial to death by herself.
As a note, Primordials don't need to breath.
>>
>>48795811
>implying
Exalted is low powered, stop wanking your stupid fucking setting off so fucking hard. Nothing in that setting can compare on any level with even the weakest old ones.
>>
Can anyone explain the story behind the Scarlet Empress joining the Ebon Dragon and helping him return? I heard that was a scenario and is going to be a drawback, and all I know is that it can end in the deaths of the Unconquered Sun and/or the Ebon Dragon.
>>
>>48795842
We've already begun the Exalted jumps and now everyone's going to try and be ASA 2.0

The wanking will never stop.
>>
>>48795836
That isn't nearly as impressive as you think it is. Really, that level of bullshit is pretty standard affair for mid-to-high powered magic jumpers, it's definitely not enough to necessitate a ban.
>>
>>48795842
It's not low-powered. Not even close to as powerful as Lovecraft, but still pretty high powered.
>>
>>48795866
Pretty sure he's just baiting for a shitstorm because he hates that we're having fun.
>>
>>48795851
Return Of The Scarlet Empress is a highly divisive set adventure module to end the canon story of 2nd edition, not quite canon, and a real fucking mess with a lot of plot holes and dumb shit.
>>
File: Aku.png (43KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.png
43KB, 403x403px
>>48795851
It's really fucking complicated.
But the short version? Ebon Dragon kidnapped the Scarlet Empress when the Jade Prison was broken(where the Sidereals hid the Solar Exaltations).
He spent years corrupting her into his Bride.

He then used her, and the Inferals, to help him escape Malfias.
Then he locked the gates behind him to keep the other Yozi trapped, because he's a massive asshole.

Then lots of bad shit happens.
>>
>>48795892
Ebon. Simply Ebon.
>>
>>48789362
>Both IR origins get 500 Item-only CP.
I know they do, Something about high CP origins just bug me unless they come with innate/exclusive perks.
Would you consider 100 CP with 400 CP of free equipment?

>Ooh, I like the habitat and the manual. *YOINK!*
Glad I could help.
The fold space communicator. There is you, plus your 8 companions. Eight is not enough. Maybe change it to "You have the plans, and you and your companions each get your own, and any properties,ships, or vehicles bought with CP or given as an award can have a system installed for free" So it boosts other CP stuff.

The Transmat seems expensive for just plans. maybe give some free installations in your CP properties and vehicles/ships? or a discount for "4th Imperium Cybernetics", the Civilian Tech perk

The Bio weapon is very expensive, and very very dangerous, and not something I would touch with a ten foot pole. I see it does NOT come with a counter agent/vaccine. Did the Imperium ever develop one before the end, I cannot remember?
Anyway, it should definitely be discounted for "4th Imperium Weaponry" The Weapon Tech perk.

Thanks for dropping the cost of the Parasite ship a bit. I still think there should be discounts for Imperial Remnants, and a "thousands of years of constant use" version. I do not think anyone is talking about them because everyone is figuring put how to gain captaincy of the Dahak and defeat the Sky Net with the million years old inter galactic empire. I know I am.
>>
>>48795817
Okay, thanks. One more thing:

>Attack of The Clone Codes: ...Any Clones after the first are “soul-less” however, and lack anything but the most basic of personality traits from their Clone Code source. Clone Codes do not work on non-human entities, however.

Does this mean that you can only make one "soul-clone" from the same person ever, or just that only one instance can exist at a time?

Also, what exactly do you mean by non-human entities? Does this include stuff like Zabrak or Asari, even though the former is technically human?
>>
>>48795842
if you don't like it then ignore it or leave. You can not control what everyone else does here.
>>
>>48795892
The Ebon Dragon betrays everyone. He even betrays himself, he's that much of a backstabber.
>>
>>48795921
It's his nature. Fuck one of his Second Circle Souls is actually a Good Person. Not evil in any way. Because it's another way he betrays himself.

Nevermind the fact that Ebon is, at the end of the day, a Lie that came to life.
>>
File: image.gif (47KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
47KB, 500x281px
>>48794746
Yay.
>>
>>48795952
I remember someone describing him as a dragon shaped hole in reality who created the Unconquered Sun just to figure out what he was supposed to oppose.
>>
>>48795866
It isn't. That setting only has conceptual stuff, but the scale is super small even compared to planet busters. It loses out in any other area outside of conceptual effects, and even those fall short to the physics hacking bullshit in other settings.

I'm saying this because you people are literally wanking exalted off and talking about how supr spesul your waifu setting is to justify an unnecessary hardcap, when you might as well be talking about vampire diary for all the exaggeration and bullshit you're spewing about it.
>>
>>48795842
>Exalted
>>48795892
>because he's a massive asshole.
>Then lots of bad shit happens.
How is the update coming. Last I heard it was going to be changed to you could achieve Essence 10 as a Dragon blood, but no custom Elder Essence Charms to cut down on power disputes. Has that went through yet?
>>
So, got distracted a bit, let's answer a bit more.

>>48795495
>>48795535
>>48795543
>>48795572
It is pretty much non-canon, yeah... Just, you know, if someone wants the [+0] to ignore it, adding it in seems fine to me.

>>48795552
There's a fair bit. First off, the Drop-In capstone will basically give you the benefit of the last bearer of your Exaltation having gone through the Devil-Tiger.

And there'll also be undiscounted perks for an inner world and making 3rd circle (and from there lower circle) demons for yourself.

>>48795745
Mine will have a [+0] continuity option atleast.

And again, if anyone has suggestions for what to include?
>>
>>48795796
What kind of conceptual bullshit? I can understand capping if it takes a few years to reach those levels, since jumps aren't supposed to give you planetbusting/super bullshit abilities in such a short time frame, but abilities that take hundreds to thousands of years to grow to that level are usually acceptable.
>>
>>48795921
He created the concept of betrayal, and proceeded to get betrayed and usurped.
>>
>>48796008
>since jumps aren't supposed to give you planetbusting/super bullshit abilities in such a short time frame
>implying anyone believes that anymore and that you aren't declared a shitty jumpmaker if you don't grant that stuff for cheap
>>
>>48796004
How would a Fiends' inability to learn Holy charms carry over to other settings/Exalted jumps?
>>
>>48796004
Cool. I know what origin I'm going for now. Infernals a best
>>
>>48796008
Totally changing the laws of the universe at Essence 7. That requires living for a hundred years, then training for a few months to get up to Essence 6 and learn that Charm that lets you temporarily raise your Essence.

I think it would be easy to say that doesn't work for other universes though, since they lack Shinma. I can't recall what else that needs banning in the 6+ Essence range.
>>
>>48796008
At high enough levels Solaroids can make entirely new laws of physics. Shinmaic Calibration is a scary charm. It's limited to a fixed area, but then again it's only Essence 7. A theoretical Essence 9 or 10 version could probably do wider changes.
>>
>>48796057
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Fuck off.
>>
>>48795989
Something like that. Exalted Lore is convoluted, and some things contradict each other.
I blame The Ebon Dragon.

>>48795997
I have no hand in either jump. I just offer advice because I know the setting and absolutely adore it.

>>48796008
It's not planet busting, but it can allow you to defeat any opponent.
Any opponent.
Also some Charms, and High Tier Sorcery, can outright let you modify the most basic laws of reality, permanently.

>>48796059
>Being a Fiend
>Ever
Why?
>>
>>48795684
Is it a "bigger on the inside" or extradimensional sort of deal? Can you maintain your human size?
>>
>>48796094
It isn't shitposting if it's true.
>>
>>48796110
>Why?
Why not?
>>
Would traveling between closely connected worlds (Asura Cryin) do the trick?
>>
>>48796115
A bit of column A and bit of column B. And yes you maintain your human size.
You can open up ways in and out of your Inner World for your Demons, and you can Astral-project yourself there, but your body stays behind.

My ST always ruled you can resign your own Charm to bring your body there, and another to make a permanent gate between Creation and the Inner World.

>>48796133
Fiends are the worst Infernals, by far. Their Charms really, REALLY, fuck with their heads.
I think one charm makes them incapable of telling the truth.
>>
File: lazy.png (225KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
lazy.png
225KB, 600x405px
>>48795921
Guess who made something really stupid.
>>
>>48796004
Is there a way in-setting to alter the appearance of your caste mark/anima banner? Failing that, do you think you could make it a 200-300cp perk?
>>
>>48796086
From what I've heard of Exalted, a lot of the more bullshit abilities have to do with Shinmaic calibration, so just saying that those structures aren't carried over could do it. And you could just ban charms that let you raise your effective essence level so that you can't shortchange the time needed to get to those levels, since other charms like Sidereal Martial Arts are being banned regardless IIRC.
>>
>>48796004
There's pretty good chances my worries are unfounded, since this was second-hand information read in the comments of a Worm x Exalted Crossover fanfic, but doesn't getting an Exaltation that already went through the Devil-Tiger path automatically put you on the way to becoming an actual full new Primordial?
>>
>>48795952
What was he about before he became a Yozi?
>>
>>48796059
Not sure how it would function in other Exalted jumps, but in other jumps entirely it shouldn't do anything. "Holy" and "Creature of Darkness" aren't inherent metaphysical concepts. They're just the Unconquered Sun's shit list. A Creature of Darkness is just something that Sol Invictus has decided he hates enough to add a special "fuck this thing" effect to all Holy charms. And since he's the god of perfection, he can alter all Holy charms everywhere when he decides to rewrite the list. There's actually an item in his sun-mecha (oh yeah, the chariot of the sun in actually a mecha. It's Exalted, what did you expect?) called the Aidenweiss that serves as a backup list for Holy. If he dies and winds up taking Holy effects with him, the Aidenweiss lets its wielder still use them
>>
>>48796170
Yo momma?
>>
>>48796004
>Having to go Drop-in not to get fucked over by becoming some other Primordial
>>
>>48796110
Aren't those 'beat anything charms' dependent on Perfection?
>>
>>48796167
>Resign
I meant design. God damn it.

>>48796170
I like you.

>>48796196
The Ebon Dragon changed the least of any Primordial when he went from Primordial to Yozi.
He is as he always was. A living Lie that betrays everything, even himself.

>>48796225
Anyone can become a Devil-Tiger, Drop-in just gives you a head start.
>>
>>48795552
>>48796004
Aw, Malfeas damnit. Only answered half.

Yes, there'll be an option to import companions as other Infernals. Probably somewhat expensive?

I'll also include Lunar Mate import, and import as demons.

>>48796059
Yes, they'll still be unable to learn Holy Charms as a Fiend.

It won't stop you from learning holy stuff in other settings or even Holy Charms as another type of Exalt.

>>48796069
They're fun, yeah.

>>48796086
For Infernals... It's mostly Devil-Tiger and actually becoming a Primordial in the 6+. Not sure if they get anything else there, it's been a while since I got an Infernal that high in play.

>>48796191
Nope. You can choose to become that a Primordial vvariant of the previous Devil-Tiger, become one of the Yozis, or go through the Devil-Tiger path all over again.

All completely optional.

>>48796172
Devil-Tiger path again. Drop-In capstone for the jump.

>>48796196
Pretty much the same thing, but he was the Dragon's Shadow instead of a dragon made of shadows.
>>
>>48796190
Essence raising Charms aren't that important in the long run. They only allow you to skip a couple of hundred years of waiting (or about 10 to 30 jumps, barring time shenanigans.)

>>48796243
No. There's a Sidereal Martial Art whose capstone is literally just "Win target fight if you want, or you can choose to have something even better happen to you without winning."
>>
>>48795989
The Primordials have conceptual themes. One of the Ebon Dragons is that he does not exist. It goes with his themes of Evil, that he is not making you do all there wicked things you are doing, you are doing that yourself, because he is not really real.
>>
>>48796191
Your worries are unfounded. A Devil-Tiger Exaltation retains the modifications that have been made to it, but not to the host. So if you receive an Exaltation from a dead Devil-Tiger you'll get to use the charmset they were developing for themselves, as well as their unique form of Urge and Act of Villainy. But you won't get any of the "you are turning into a Primordial" charms. Even if you did, you wouldn't actually turn into a Primordial unless you learned a (Primordial Name) Cosmic Principle charm. Otherwise you're still an Exalted, just an Exalted of yourself.
>>
>>48796004
>First off, the Drop-In capstone will basically give you the benefit of the last bearer of your Exaltation having gone through the Devil-Tiger
Whoo! That was my suggestion! Awesome.
>>
>>48796266
Aren't SMAs banned? And again, the issue is power acquired vs time spent acquiring it, when it comes to more powerful abilities.
>>
>>48796328
The problem is that you don't have to spend much time at all actually acquiring power, you just have to keep aging. You can spend 100 years studying your DnD magic, never using your Exalted Charms, then turn around and immediately raise your Essence to 6 within a single year, because Essence caps are based on age instead of training times.
>>
>>48796328
Neither jump has Exalted that can do them anyway.
Dragonblooded aren't strong enough to handle SMAs, and the nature of Infernals makes them incapable of it.
>>
>>48796266
That's not its capstone of Scarlet Patterned Battlefield, actually. The capstone is "hit a person, kill everyone who has any sort of relationship with them within (at least) thirty miles, or further if you have enhanced senses that can see farther than that". It's basically a redux of Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick, in a way.
>>
>>48796316
Well, it was a good one. And just suddenly showing up with a weird pseudo-Infernal Exaltation without anyone having a clue what just happened seems pretty fitting for Drop-In.

>>48796328
Infernals can't learn SMA anyway. They're limited to Celestial styles, unlike Solars who could learn with a teacher.
>>
>>48796361
And Infernal can use SMAs by using Black Mirror Shintai to turn themselves into a Sidereal of their own Essence or lower.

And you can always pod a Sidereal regardless of what splat you yourself are.
>>
>>48795916
Great points. Will implement when next on PC. Thanks!
>>
>>48796360
Actually, that reminds me: To keep Infernals from getting too high an Essence, the Yozi made them with a fixed lifespan. An Infernal lives EXACTLY 250 years, and nothing can change that save going Devil-Tiger. How's that going to work with being a jumper? Will longevity perks still apply?
>>
>>48796360
Well, alright. I always thought the metric for more powerful abilities being allowed was the time taken to acquire them post jump, not time spent focusing on training them. But that's fair.
>>
>>48796245
>Anyone can become a Devil-Tiger, Drop-in just gives you a head start.
The Drop In capstone would let you theoretically become a new primordial of your devil tiger theme. normal Devil tigers cannot do that, only become an a new copy of Malfeas, SHLiHN, Cyceline, Adorjan, the Ebon Dragon, or Kimberry.
(Note that actually becoming any primordial normally has a lot of downsides, and it is not known if being a jumper would counter them.)
>>
>>48796420
Lifespan actually increases with Essence too. But yes, longevity perks still apply.
>>
>>48796420
They can still grow older by getting an Essence Score above 6.
But they still have short life-spans compared to most Exalted.

>>48796456
True enough. But then you're becoming a copy of someone completely unknown to you.
>>
>>48796456
See >>48796225
>>
>>48796456
Technically, you can talk any other Primordial into teaching you their Charms to unlock their trees too.
>>
>>48795765
The ship restricts entry/exit until post jump, would traveling between closely connected worlds (Asura Cryin) do the trick?
>>
>>48796467
>>48796486
Yes, but without going Devil-Tiger they can't get an Essence score above 5. They need to cheat and use one of those "your Essence counts as a dot higher for learning Charms so long as you're acting like this Yozi" Charms just to learn Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger.
>>
>>48796495
Personally, I want some Oramus charms. I remember back on the old White Wolf forums someone made a really cool Oramus charmset and I plan on fanwank that it's canon for my chain.
>>
>>48792142
Wtf is that image? IT looks like some OT angel shenanigans, but somewhat more surreal.
>>
>>48796538
Yes they can. There is nothing that restricts them from going above Essence 5.

Autochithon, the guy who made the Exaltations, couldn't stop them from going above 5. Why would Ebon be able to do better? He betrays himself, he doesn't make anything.
>>
>>48796538
They can go above 5. Devil-Tiger is not required.

Their approximate lifespan is 150 years. Ridiculously short for an Exalt, but more than the 100 years minimum to get Essence 6.

Then it's a 300 years lifespan. Which is again more than the required age to get Essence 7
>>
>>48796456
So why go anything but drop-in?
>>
>>48796612
Because it's an optional path, not something you are forced to do. And ANY Infernal can go Devil-Tiger.
>>
>>48796632
Yeah, but according to him if you don't go drop-in you'll just turn into a clone of one of the other Primordials.
>>
>>48795917
Only one instance at a time. It's more or less me trying to translate the Save game data clone system from the game

Basically anything that isn't at least genetically compatible with humans
I.e if a human could breed with it and somehow get a child without magical intervention you could clone it
>>
>>48796655
Only if you choose to learn the Charms that turn you into their clone.
>>
>>48796655
No. You won't. Turning into a clone is an optional path.
Anyone who says otherwise is either lying, or mistaken.
>>
>>48796612
Because the other backgrounds get cool shit too, and giving up your Exaltation and human soul to become a full Primordial has Bad Idea all over it.
>>
>>48796674
Is it not the inevitability of reaching the end of the path as an Infernal?

>>48796679
Well if he knows what the drop-in cap is going to be, then he's the jumpmaker, and you should take that up with him.
>>
>>48796696
Cool shit takes a backseat to not experiencing identity death.
>>
The sun will rise next thread.
>>
>>48796697
No, its one optional path that gives some great benefits for some really crippling drawbacks.
>>
>>48796697
No. Any Infernal can go Devil-Tiger as opposed to be coming a Clone, it's just a very hard path, because the Charms alert Everyone, in Heaven and Malfias. And they WILL come after you.
>>
>>48796736
Not if I kill the unconquered sun first!
>>
>>48796752
But he says that Devil Tigers become clones too. See >>48796456
>>
>>48796752
>Charms alert Everyone
Explain, please; as in how? Also, would already being one still hold this issue?
>>
>>48796697
>Is it not the inevitability of reaching the end of the path as an Infernal?
No. It is not. It is a set Essence 10 charms an Infernal could possibly take. Which is a horrible fucking idea.

You're not required to. You're not even required to choose between that and Devil-Tiger. You could take neither, and stay an Infernal.

>Well if he knows what the drop-in cap is going to be, then he's the jumpmaker, and you should take that up with him.
Also, hey jumpmaker here. I agree with Justice on this. No one has to become a Primordial. Not sure where you're getting this from.

>>48796772
Oh, well, that's not me? Also, that's only even a possibility if the previous holder of your Exaltation went Devil-Tiger, so you have a theme to become a clone of.

Devil-Tigers themselves are blocked from becoming clones.
>>
>>48796772
If you have an Exaltation of a dead Devil Tiger, you can turn yourself into a Primordial based on their personality and themes.

Since the jump lets you design the Devil Tiger whose Exaltation you get, you have the unique opportunity to turn into a new Primordial based on your own personality. Canon characters have to choose between turning into a clone of another Primordial or into a new Primordial designed by some dead guy (or not becoming a Primordial at all.)
>>
>>48796772
You're misunderstanding or he misspoke.

There two End-Game Trees available to Infernals.

There is the Yozi Charm Tree, which turns you into a copy of a Yozi.

Then there is the Devil-Tiger Charm Tree, which makes allows you to become your own nascent Primordial. This does not involve becoming a Clone of anyone, or anything.

>>48796801
They are marked with the... I want to say Heretical Keyword, the nature of that Keyword means that the way it interacts with Creation alerts everyone that something "Wrong" is happening.
>>
>>48796814
>Jumpmaker here
Then somebody is falseflagging you, see >>48796831 .
>>
>>48796563
>>48796584
I am almost certain that any Exalt, not just Infernals, can't go above Essence 5 until they're at least a certain age. And that that's why Infernals need to go Devil-Tiger, because otherwise they'll never reach the age needed to get to a higher Essence. But I may be remembering wrong. Let me look it up.
>>
File: The Sun Will Rise Tommorow.png (460KB, 1083x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Sun Will Rise Tommorow.png
460KB, 1083x360px
>>48796736
>>48796756
>>
>>48796612
>So why go anything but drop-in?
>>48796612
>Because it's an optional path, not something you are forced to do. And ANY Infernal can go Devil-Tiger.
>>48796225
>Having to go Drop-in not to get fucked over by becoming some other Primordial
You do not have to become a primordial, and in fact it is not recommended.
Yes, some charms can give you a Primordials some of that patrons limitations, but you do not have to take them, and even it you do, they are not not powered by fiat. So you can take a charm from a different yozi to overrule that charm, or have a perk that just works to overrule it. If a charm says you are blinded by the light, and a perk has a countering effect, then you found away around the charm. This in a Infernal theme, drawing from multiple sources to be stronger then the sum of your parts.

Being a Devil Tiger is not necessary to do that. Where it shines it letting you develop custom charms along a theme of your own choosing, not the existing fixed ones. But it also takes more work.

And you can do it anyway later. What the capstone does is give you the effects of all the charms that give Devil Tiger potential Now instead of later so if that is all you want to focus on, you can skip the other patrons entirely, and customize your Torment conditions, anima power and banner, etc.

But, this does mean you the jumper have to do more work.
>>
>>48796801
When you become a Devilt-Tiger:

- The Yozi instantly knows you did something terribad, something absolutely clusterfuck, and they will hunt you down for it.
- Heaven instantly knows something absolutely terribad happened here right now, even though they can't know you personally. IIRC you need to stay in place several days to complete the devil tiger, so good luck.
>>
>>48796917
You need to be 100 to go above Essence 5
Infernals can reach 150 at Essence 5.

They always have "just enough" years to reach the next Essence Level.
>>
>>48795768

Dojo crasher is from Dead or Alive, it lets you roll up and get instruction from any martial arts school if you rock the world of some students

Keep Going Right is a 300 perk from Kirby, basically lets you go anywhere you want as long as you're willing to walk for what could be months or years depending on where you're going.
even works with abstract things like "A place wher I can learn x"

Lost and Forgotten is a perk in Swords and Sorcery, means you're good at finding places that are lost to time and legend
>>
>>48796801
They are Blasphemy effects. Their activating is /felt/, alarms going everywhere, and the Yozis realizing someone is clawing his own legend into the fabric of reality.

Already being one doesn't hold this issure, but you can't start as one. Just with a bunch of the benefits of it, by way of a previous incarnation having done so.

>>48796855
I think he's just kinda stating his views? I mean, he's not saying he's me.

The jump does let you make your own Devil-Tiger theme with the Drop-In capstone. You could become the Primordial clone of that... But Primordials are always utterly exaggerated caricatures. Becoming one, even one styled after your own personality, is complete identity death.

Becoming a Primordial is NOT required. Completely optional. And not recommended.
>>
>>48796845
>They are marked with the... Heretical Keyword... [which] alerts everyone that something "Wrong" is happening.
So is it like a homing beacon, playing with fate spiders, or is it more like something they'd need to use their "Detect Evil" on to know about? Also, i it something like a stain on your soul that can always be found, or is it a one-time thing?
>>
>>48796953
They also know your general location. Not anything specific, but enough that they will find you within those days.

You want people protecting people while you do it.
>>
>>48796978
>*everywhere in Heaven.
Derp.
>>
>>48796989
They know something horrible is happening, and your general location.

And it's only while you're using the Charm, but as >>48796953 said the charm takes several days to use, while staying in the same place.

I know one of the Devil-Tiger charms locks you in a chrysalis while this is happening.
>>
>>48796954
Yes, and Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger is Essence 6, which requires you to be 250 years old. Infernals don't become immortal until after learning THDT, so they'll never be old enough to learn it naturally. They need to use Ascendency Mantle of (Yozi) to reach it. So yes, I'm remembering correctly.
>>
>>48797024
No.
You need to be 100 to reach Essence 6. You can reach 150 at Essence 5
You're wrong.
>>
>>48797022
>They know something horrible is happening, and your general location.

Everyone but the Yozi, who knows that you, yourself, personally, just transcended in a way they didn't expect, deeply fear, and that you're just becoming like them but 200% better in every single way.

Becoming a Devil Tiger is practically like becoming a Jumper. You simply set aside reality and just invent new powers and new allies as you want. You can even craft your eternally loyal waifu out of your own soul.
>>
File: Langrisser_II_Coverart.png (198KB, 252x357px) Image search: [Google]
Langrisser_II_Coverart.png
198KB, 252x357px
>>48792595

I think it's obvious that Kamen Rider Neo-heisei Part 2 is on my list, though fuck me if I can get my energy up
Depression sucks;
Otherwise, I wanna take a shot at Metal Saga/Metal Max Returns and Der Langrisser, which I am currently playing...a hybrid of dynasty warriors and fire emblem and a remake of pic related for the SNES, though translated by AGTP
I may or may not want to also cover Super Robot Wars OG Saga, since I've been playing and enjoying it, but that'll be my god damned baby on tier with Kamen Rider Neo-heisei part 1 when I get to it.
>>
>>48797072
You can craft 12 of them even.
I think you can craft Essence+2 Third Circle Demons.
If one dies you can make another.

You could even make one, forge it into a weapon, and make a new one to replace it.
>>
>>48797108
And they have an unbreakable positive intimacy of obedience to you, because, in a strange way, you are their father/boss. And anyway they really need to help you and to protect you, because they are you, and if you die they die too.

Is it incest if you craft a waifu from your soul?
>>
>>48797108
You can make Willpower+Compassion of them, actually.

So, if have max willpower and care about literally everyone, you can make 15 of them.
>>
Do you think Happy Plums from Courage the Cowardly Dog could be imported as the fruit for Animal Crossing?

Can't remember whether they're grown like that or processed in a way that makes them happy.
>>
>>48797183
Yes. They are spawned by you from a part of yourself.
>>
>>48797183
More like masturbation with your hand after it's been cut off.
>>
So I've begun active work on the WWE jump. If anyone has ideas, I'm more than open to hearing them.

It's also my first jump so it'll probably be terrible pls no bully
>>
>>48797183

If anything that's even more incestuous.
Provided they don't end up becoming just a copy/clone of you in some way. Then that gets back to the eternal debate of if that is masturbation or not.
>>
>>48797195
It's a recipe. They're just regular plums until Murial makes them into Happy Plums, so you shouldn't be able to import them as Animal Crossing isn't a place with prepared food growing on trees.
>>
>>48797190
Ah my mistake.

>>48797183
Yes. No. Maybe.
I wouldn't recommend it.

>>48797248
They are their own being, with their own looks and personality. A Devil-Tiger can make them however the fuck they want, but "in theme" they would be based on specific parts of the Infernal's personality.
>>
File: alveua.png (220KB, 457x820px) Image search: [Google]
alveua.png
220KB, 457x820px
>>48797215
Does this fine soul-waifu look like a hand being cut off?
>>
>>48797242
Turn IT'S ME AUSTIN into a perk.
>>
>>48796917
>I am almost certain that any Exalt, not just Infernals, can't go above Essence 5 until they're at least a certain age
All elder essence takes is having lived 100 years as an exalt and working for it. every Exalt will live at least to then naturally, even dragonblooded. But Infernals normally NEED to go Devil Tiger to drop the imposed maximum age of 150 years.
Normally, raising your essence raises your lifespan, and Solar exaltation could keep a body going for thousands of years of they kept raising their essence as they aged.
THAT is what the Yozi interfered with. So an infernal has a fixed lifespan and will DIE before ever reaching their second century or essence 7 UNLESS they throw off the shackles. This of course, does not really apply do jumpers, who have OCP ways to live forever.
And is probably what you were thinking of.
>>
>>48797272
That is a big hammer.
>>
>>48797272
She's a 2nd circle though. One more step removed.

She's a cut-off finger.
>>
>>48797272
>Alveua
If I remember correctly she's the only "good" soul of Ebon.

Also she's a Second Circle, not a Third Circle.

>>48797242
We need a perk based on that infamous gif of sting.
Where he's wearing a plastic mask of his own facepaint, to surprise someone.
>>
>>48797316
>>48797302
Your soul waifus can have soul waifus.

Isn't it a wonderful world?
>>
>>48797328
How many Second Circles do your Third Circles spawn with?
I want to say 9?
>>
>>48797288
No. Just reaching higher essence bumps up the Infernals lifespan. They always have just enough to get the next dot of essence.

Fuck it. have quotes directly from the Broken Winged Crane:

INFERNAL AGE
Those Green Sun Princes who have given thought to their lifespan assume they will live thousands
of years, like the Solars before them. They are wrong. Each Infernal Exaltation labors under
a strain far greater than the Unconquered Sun ever intended it to bear. The Green Sun Princes,
in accordance with the Ebon Dragon’s intentional design, have a projected lifespan shorter than
that of even the Dragon-Blooded. The Yozis do not want their god-slaying weapons to grow up to
become potential peers and rivals.
However, the Yozis have underestimated the power of an Exaltation being bathed in a constant
wash of Primordial Essence...
Essence rating Approximate projected lifespan
1-5 150 years
6 300 years
7 700 years
8 1200 years
9+ 2500 years
It is never inappropriate for players to avoid this fate, given the importance of Essence to
Infernal Charms. Green Sun Princes show no outward symptoms of age up to their last breath. If
the Ebon Dragon has his way, each Prince will live fast and die young.
>>
>>48795051
Blonde Chinese hair and the skin of a hotdog
>>
>>48797271
How would killing an Nth-circle demon affect a jumper with soul-healing (such as that of soulfire)?
>>
>>48797346
Seven.

>The demon, once born, forms seven Second Circle devas for itself, as normal.
>>
>>48797242
This >>48797282

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

You're also gonna need to do some reseach into the different eras of WWE wrasslin like the Attitude Era and the 80s style of wrasslin.

Worst case scenario you can always use popular modern wrasslin jokes like John Cena overcoming the odds or Bootista. I'm probably out of date with wrasslin jokes
>>
>>48797375
>Worst case scenario you can always use popular modern wrasslin jokes like John Cena overcoming the odds or Bootista. I'm probably out of date with wrasslin jokes

I'm probably going to do a thing like metal gear solid, where you roll for the era you start in.

And I already have a drawback that makes john cena steal all your thunder and glory for 100 CP
>>
>>48797365
It wouldn't. Primordials/Yozi are effected by the loss of their Third Circle Souls/Demons.

Devil-Tigers are free of that weakness.

>>48797372
Thanks.

>A max of 105 Second Circle Demons if you have Max Willpower and Compassion.
Yes. This Pleases Me.
>>
>>48797301
Looks like a giant sugar cube to me.
>>
>>48797365
Killing a third circle demon is effectively killing a portion of your soul, though you can always grow them back. So I don't really know?

Killing a second circle demon (the spawn of your immediate souls) has no particular effect on you, or so little it is unnoticeable.
>>
>>48797407
>do a thing like metal gear solid, where you roll for the era you start in

I'd rather that get broken up into different jumps, rather than one jump locking off an entire franchise.
>>
>>48797039
For those who do not have the books with them, Essence 6 takes 100 years after exaltation
7 is 250
8 is 500
9 is 1,000
10 is 2,000
Non Dragonbloods each have ONE charms that can let you use charms one level higher then your maximum under certain conditions.
Solars have that, and a charm that makes a charm tree's charms lower by one level, so that could use what are normally essence 7 charms by being essence 5, and glowing like a beacon across creation, and heavily investing in a skill tree.
>>
>>48797413
It can be both.
>>
Would a Stand Having an ability to copy/grant abilities of a defeated stand, with only one or two being active, be too strong.

Kind of similar to Palesnake but instead of stealing stuff in disks it copies them onto chosen thing, and only an ability, not the whole stand
>>
>>48792595
I'm gathering notes for a Predator jump for a brief change.
Not AVP, just Predator.

Work on EP continues.
>>
>>48797439
Hn. While I get that there are stylistic differences, I don't think that it's to the point where we need seperate jumps.

Still, I'm open to everyone's input.
>>
>>48797242
Please include sexy diva and female wrassler options.
>>
File: Alveua2.png (129KB, 200x577px) Image search: [Google]
Alveua2.png
129KB, 200x577px
>>48797301
Alveua likes them big.
>>
>>48797411
>And on that day, Justice became his very own harem.
>>
>>48797474
This is the only happy predator I could find on short notice.
>>
>>48797494
Hm. I could do that, though most of the personalities that people care about are male. Would anyone have objections if I did it like the imperium jump, where everyone thinks you're male, and simply ignores your primary and secondary sex characteristics if female?
>>
>>48797466
Actually would a copy of Palesnake be too strong? That would be a good indicator
>>
>>48797518
I said higher up I don't recommend Waifuing your Souls/Demons.

But making them all Allies of JUSTICE? This I can approve of.
>>
>>48797526
>Chyna.png
>>
>>48797565
>I said higher up I don't recommend Waifuing your Souls/Demons.

That's assuming you'll have the choice.

If you are male, and she's female, and you just created her as her own being from your own soul, and her entire existence revolve quite literally around you, and she has this unbreakable intimacy of obedience...

Well. Just think about it for a moment.
>>
>>48797475
I do not know enough about wrestling to judge whether or not there's enough content for multiple jumps.

Regardless of that, if the differences are so grand as to bring the possibility into question at all, please make it a free choice instead of roll/CP tax.
>>
>>48797565
Well I wouldn't recommend becoming a yandere but I'm doing it anyway, so that's a bit different. Do as I say, not as I do you know.
>>
>>48797597
>Implying masturbation is the purest form of love
>>
>>48797602
True, though I could do take another cue from mgs and make it a free choice, with some sort of bonus (choose location, something along those lines) if you roll.
>>
>>48797242
Manager origin?
>>
>>48797526
Eh, I'd like a Diva path that's female oriented desu famalam.
>>
>>48797597
Yeah no, it doesn't work like that. Not unless you want it to anyway.

>>48797612
Fair enough.
>>
>>48797665
Maybe also with free genderswap?
>>
>>48797665
Maybe. I was thinking of doing Drop-in/Heel/face/Corporate man as the origins, but I might take the Diva path instead of corporate man.

That's a very weak Might, though, because Female wrasslin' is so different from regular wrestling that it might as well be its own jump.
>>
What drives you forward, Jumpers?
What keeps you going on to the next jump?
>>
>>48797727
The desperate need to ruin the exalted setting.
>>
File: jhfguyt87656e69.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jhfguyt87656e69.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
Get hype for next thread.
>>
>>48797242
There's an item in the Dodgeball jump that lets you turn other conflicts into dodgeball games. I want something like that, but for wrestling matches. Maybe an arena warehouse attachment, complete with ring, Titantron, announce team, screaming crowds and full camera crew.
>>
>>48797349
>Fuck it. have quotes directly from the Broken Winged Crane:
Huh, I managed to totally misremember that.
I remember the paragraph where they were engineered to did early, but thought it was worse than it was. Thanks for the correction.

You have won an argument on the internet.
(actual completely relevant quotes can do that, if you are not being trolled)
>>
>>48795772
I think a better question is what beings in creation are jump-worthy beyond the Exalted and heroic mortals.
>>
>>48797727
A desire to see how far I can go.
>>
>>48797727
The Ultimate Reward
>>
>>48797771
That's a flamboyant devil.
>>
>>48797776
I was thinking of having a perk that could allow you to challenge any opponent to a wrestling match, once per opponent, with you being allowed to take anything you want from them post-match.
>>
>>48797786
There's always Fair Folk but that's probably a really terrible idea.
>>
>>48797839
Aren't they basically the exact same as the ones from Changeling, more or less?
>>
>>48797788
You mean the Spark?
What then? Where will you go from there?
>>
>>48797859
Yes, but they aren't the bigger bad of that particular setting. Also the 2e rules to play one are absolutely incomprehensible. Literally. Incomprehensible.
>>
One last question about the WWE jump-

Would everyone be cool if I locked off your powers for the duration of it?
>>
>>48797771
In Nomine? Pls?
>>
>>48797903
No.
>>
>>48797903
As a drawback? Sure.
>>
>>48797921
I was thinking more ala fallout, or really more generic slice of life.
>>
Anyone know why Fallout 4 starts a year before the plot does?

Seems like a bit of an excessively long amount of time. If you have any impact at all on the setting most of the in-game stuff probably isn't going to happen. Just seems odd. You can't rebuild the Minutemen unless you take that drawback that requires you to take Drop-In or you're willing to sit around while the Minutemen crash and burn so you can "rescue" them later. Seems strange that the protagonist drawback is restricted to Drop-In as well given the protagonist of the game actually does have memories. Drop-Ins can take perks from other trees as well so it's not as if the restriction stops outlandish stuff like Nate or Nora owning a Vertibird and knowing how to make Synths.

I like the jump overall by the way, just think this stuff is a little weird.
>>
>>48797712
For the Diva bit you could make it more the dancer / halftime show bit. Let the wrestler path stay about wrestling, but make the Diva more the charisma and fan appreciation thing.
>>
>>48797941
Pls be joking.
>>
>>48797941
People hate that.
>>
>>48797903
Haha, nnnnnnnope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXYMDu6dpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozzsURtdUI

Drawbacks are cool. But just cutting powers off by fiat? That's how you get people hating you forever, like some people do for Wild Card because of Fallout.

I strongly urge you to not do this. Inter jump balance is unnecessary.

>>48797941
Seriously. Don't do it.
>>
>>48797921
Also have another drawback to lock off everything except charisma, moneymaking, and physical body (strength, endurance, etc) perks (and maybe also warehouse access)

>>48797941
Forced? No. Have it be an optional drawback.
>>
>>48797903
Great drawback, horrible mechanic.

Seriously, don't force that on people unless you're prepared to have people shitting down your throat on a regular basis.
>>
>>48797941
No. Have you learned nothing from lurking?
>>
>>48797986
>That's how you get people hating you forever, like some people do for Wild Card because of Fallout.

I actually think he made the right decision there. Too many powers kinda makes you ruin the tone of the setting.

It gets even worse when my plan for the 600 CP drawback was to have your final match at wrestlemania be against an astartes-tier augmented superhuman. A lot of people could just take that and shit on it.

>>48798031
I learned that there was a small amount of people that really hated the fallout nerf, but I didn't think there was this level of consensus.
>>
>>48798055
Do you understand what the point of jumpchain is? The whole concept is 'take powers into out of context setting, mix thinks up'.
>>
>>48797987
>Also have another drawback to lock off everything except charisma, moneymaking, and physical body (strength, endurance, etc) perks (and maybe also warehouse access)

Just to clarify- this was my plan for the baseline. I didn't mean that all the perks should be locked off, just the ones that would make you a literal god of death.
>>
>>48798055
>I learned that there was a small amount of people that really hated the fallout nerf
MOST people hate it. It's just that most have moved on, and only a shitposter we have rants about it still. Don't mistake people's loathing for him to be a love of the nerf.
>>
>>48798055
>astartes-tier augmented superhuman
>With no powers
So auto lose drawback?
>>
>>48798055
>small amount
Try the majority of people in the thread. Also, fuck setting tones. This is jumpchain, where the entire point is to gather powers and abilities to use in future settings. Doesn't mean too much if every other setting forces you to forgo those powers and abilities does it?
>>
>>48798055
>this level of consensus
Ahahaha, no. You mean consensus for this time of say, this particular thread.

>Too many powers kinda makes you ruin the tone of the setting
Which if you ask people, they actually never give a shit about the setting. You do anything specific to the setting they will scream at you because jumpers are apparently supposed to be groomed husbandos who can shit over creation itself. Telling them to actually put effort in will get them acting like howler monkeys.

>It gets even worse when my plan for the 600 CP drawback was to have your final match at wrestlemania be against an astartes-tier augmented superhuman
That's just the deal of the gig at this point. They will take a jumpmaker's work, shit down their throat, then go "what's next, make me more shit" and give it no thought.
>>
>>48798055
The vast majority despises the Fallout nerf, but have accepted that Wild Card will never change it and thus have given up arguing against it.
>>
>>48798055
>I actually think he made the right decision there.
He didn't, I promise you. 90% of people hate that kind of shit with a furious passion on a scale not seen outside of revenge stories.
>Too many powers kinda makes you ruin the tone of the setting.
And trying to control people's stories with arbitrary mechanics because your setting is low power doesn't make things any better. Let people write their own stuff, without trying to crimp them.

>It gets even worse when my plan for the 600 CP drawback was to have your final match at wrestlemania be against an astartes-tier augmented superhuman. A lot of people could just take that and shit on it.
Make the final match against someone of equal or greater strength, scaled to the Jumper. Problem solved.
>>
>>48798123
Do you sit there and do nothing but wait for someone to ask a question you can use to turn around and attack the thread? You keep doing it, your level of butthurt is astounding.
>>
>>48797727
No path leading back, and the only way being forward and through.

>>48797771
Don't drag the U.S. election into the next thread.
>>
So for people who came up with OC mentors for Naruto, how close did they mirror your build?

Mine was orphan genius with nin/tai/buki/gen perks, samurai training and an implanted sharingan. I was going to give them sealing but realized that the sharingan gave them more justification for knowing all of those skills.

That and I like eyepatches
Thread posts: 720
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.