[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1019: Dahak:The Ascension of the Hentai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 35

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48773253
>>
Jumpers, when were YOU the Yandere? And to whom?
>>
>>48779121
>>48780312
Ok, you have made some rulings here that have no basis in the setting. Normally, Mages discarded the need for foci of one sphere every Arete from 2-10, making them actual will workers at arete 10. Even the technarchy overcome the need for foci for two spheres every Arete from 6-10, again becoming true will workers at Arete 10. Making the jump totally restricted until level 10 is reached has no basis.

Likewise the "Any spheres you do not buy into with CP at the beginning is forever barred to you? What The Fuck?" WHY?

The resources/sanctum/etc options. One thing WW did was higher levels gave you more then linear progression. 50 CP is a 1000 square foot sanctum, ok. But spending 250 CP on a sanctum should/would give you a lot more space than 5,000 square feet. at that point, you are looking at an estate and grounds.

ditto resources. spending 250 CP on money should not get you 75,000 dollars a year; at that point you should be getting something like "Batman's Real Superpower" where you have millions of dollars that replenishes every decade, or millions every year.

Affinity spheres. You never said what they were or who has what affinity spheres in text.

The "Locations" I am not a fan of having locations being time periods you need to pay CP to choose. Make starting time a free choice, &/or think up some actual locations to start in, like "A chantry base of your faction," The Umbra, a trade expo with technocratic presence, a renaissance fair where the Hermetic Order are recruiting, a small town with rumors of strange happenings, etc.

The Crossover drawback, make it 50CP, only apply to one splat, and can be taken at a higher level for more splats.
>>
So Jumper, how do you interact with your origin's parents, especially if it's a minor? Do you ignore them entirely? Do you call them every once in a while?
>>
File: cloning_whywedoit.gif (1MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
cloning_whywedoit.gif
1MB, 240x240px
>>48781443
>Ascension of the Hentai Moon
>>
So if I grant the Force to a bunch of random people, most of them will inevitably fall to the Dark Side, right?
>>
Would X-Men Movies Super Speed let you slow down how the world feels to you, like making it feel like the world is moving in slow motion rather than like you're going faster.
>>
>>48780875
>Allabilitiesthatmight be classified as‘Magic’ are sealed away, and you cannot take any itemsthatregisterasmagicout of yourwarehouse. Taking thisdrawbackmakessure you will notdieofoldageinthistime.

Might be classified as magic? Do you mean things that are explicitly referred to as magic? Because there are a number of things that *might* be classified as "magic". Psionics, Warp shenanigans, The Force, X-men mutant powers, fiat-based perfect memory, immortality, regeneration, Stargate technology, etc. Anything vaguely supernatural, in fact, *might* be considered "magic". Of course, locking all of this would make sense, but it's not clear if that's what you mean.

>Yourspaceshipsareunavailable to you, be theythe Light of Terra, the Sajuuk, or anything in yourorbitaldockyard.Yes, smartass, thisincludesthe Fortress.

Is this a general ban on out-of-jump technology? Because the Sajuuk is a set of blueprints unless you do something with it.
>>
>>48781471
Myself and some of my companions pretend to be Yandere for each other in various combinations when we're bored.
We get bored a lot.
>>
Dahak Jump WIP posted end of last thread. Reposting here for more commentary.

>>48781485
>Ascension of the Hentai Moon
It's a Dahak Chronicles, Mage: The Ascension. Generic Hentai Crossover! Everything mentioned in the last thread!
>>
A Good, Old-Fashioned Six-Shooter [600, Discount for Drop-In] – It’s a revolver. Not an ordinary revolver, either. This comes with six bullets, and only six, that cannot be duplicated at all. Though you will get a ‘refill’ of any you’ve spent later on, their special properties are spent when this gun is fired. What are these special properties? Well, the bullets fired from this particular gun will completely ignore magical or supernatural defenses, and strike true against an enemy as though nothing were there, and always doing more damage than you’d expect. It does nothing to prevent the wound healing or makes the bullet itself any stronger...but sometimes, a good shot between the eyes of the Immortal who was boasting about being ‘invincible’ just a second before is all you need. These will restock each week.

It will be done this weekend.
>>
File: superman1986.jpg (69KB, 372x372px) Image search: [Google]
superman1986.jpg
69KB, 372x372px
Someone fires something at you, to no effect. What's your immediate reaction?
>>
>>48781471
Deadman Wonderland and every single jump afterwards.

My 'alternate personality' and I became one.
>>
File: Lewd.gif (2MB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.gif
2MB, 511x288px
>>48781485
Shimoneta Jump when?
>>
>>48781476
I HATE THEM ALL

SO MUCH ANGST
>>
>>48781538
If anything that might be classified as Magic under Ascension rules is banned then you're fucked. Because you can't use the life 0 consensual effect "humans maintain homeostasis" or forces 0 eyes. Because remember, literally everything in Mage is technically a product of the magic.
>>
>>48781557
>Someone fires something at you, to no effect. What's your immediate reaction?
Why did you just try to kill me?
>>
>>48781476
Depends. I either play along out of convenience, abandon them, or actually bond. My goals decide, really. Like in Harry Potter, my parents were shitty pureblood assholes, so I played along without any real bond. But Musoku Tensei (Can't spell that, you know what it is) I remained pretty close to my parents until my tail dropped off and I started adventuring.
>>
File: Have you seen this man.jpg (33KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
Have you seen this man.jpg
33KB, 500x383px
Have you seen this man?
>>
>>48781555
I need that, what jump is it that you are making because I really need that gun. Also could we choose how the gun looks?
>>
>>48781609
WHERE'S CHARLES LEE?
>>
>>48781557
Pretty much the picture you posted. I just stare at them angrily. Then the mass of my intimidation perks drives them insane.
>>
>>48781557
Balefire right up their urethra. Maybe use Magicka resurrection if I regret it. At this point I don't know any other way to respond.
>>
>>48781557
"Rude."
>>
File: RollForIntimidation.gif (13KB, 123x242px) Image search: [Google]
RollForIntimidation.gif
13KB, 123x242px
>>48781557
I walk over and assert dominance.
>>
>>48781719
I don't think that would work. Revive affects the dead, Balefire makes someone have never existed in the first place.
>>
>>48781645
Boktai and yes.
>>
>>48781476
If there was any sort of bond, then I stay in contact for the decade, but I prolly wouldn't tell them about the Jumpchain unless we were really close.

>>48781557
"Did you hear that? I could have sworn someone just tried to shoot me!"
>>
>>48781557
sighing I turn to them and ask "don't you have media or storytellers? that kind of thing is not going to help you. now apologize"
>>
>>48781491
Why would it?
>>
>>48781765
Fantastic, Chiappa Rhino 60DS it is then.
>>
>>48781764
Magicka Resurrection revives someone no matter what. Double Period.
>>
>>48781763
What the hell is that?
>>
>>48781554
See: >>48781538.

I would also like to know this.
>>
>>48781764
>Balefire makes someone have never existed in the first place.
Incorrect it makes you retroactively killed them. The only way they never existed is if you use enough power to retroactively kill them at a date earlier than their birth/conception.

If you only Balefired them enough to kill them last Tuesday, Magicka Resurrection won't have a problem.
>>
>>48781868
A futa, see /d/ for reference and then pour bleach in your eyes.
>>
>>48781886
Oh god, not this again.
>>
>>48781862
Yes, revives. This is not revivification. This is altering history.

>>48781886
But that's a fair point. I guess I just assumed that they would be completely unmaking them, because otherwise Balefire isn't that necessary, but they could be half-assing it for some reason.
>>
I hear about Balefire a lot here but where is it from.
>>
>>48781926
Wheel of Time. It's not a perk, it's a spell.
>>
>>48781926
Wheel of Time.
>>
>>48781555
Wait.

>Though you will get a ‘refill’ of any you’ve spent later on, their special properties are spent when this gun is fired.
>These will restock each week.

So after you fire the six shots, you get a supply of six normal rounds each week?
>>
>>48781914
So? The person who balefires someone remembers them. And again, you can revive someone no matter what, even if you coudln't remember someone or if they've been deleted from reality. Fiat>Conceptual Retroactive Hax.
>>
>>48781954
No, it's the six 'special bullets' with the same properties. That wording was meant to indicate that duplicating the bullets or firing 'ordinary' ones wouldn't include the defense bypass. I'll edit that in a bit.
>>
>>48781926
Wheel of Time. It's one of the top-level weaving spells, made from Air and Fire if you want to take specialties to make learning it easier. It retroactively kills someone, and if enough energy is put into it they never existed in the first place. However, despite altering physical evidence (up to and including reviving the dead should you unmake someone to before they killed that person), memories are untouched. Also, in the Wheel of Time universe itself, it's got potentially universe-wrecking properties, as time is cyclical (thus "Wheel of Time") and removing something from the weave that way can have big consequences when time cycles around to the next incarnation of the universe. Messes up the pattern. That probably wouldn't apply in other worlds with different metaphysics, though.
>>
>>48781966
Revive someone from the dead, not revive someone from never existing. That sets a dangerous precedent that you can use Revive to alter history. Furthermore, Revive doesn't have fiat levels of power. It was a dumb non-canon power grab in an SB-made jump. Normally we deride those, I'm not sure why everyone defends this one.
>>
>>48782006
>a revive option that was wanked by its maker to give an unparalleled power that can tell entire settings to fuck itself or revive godbeings to do as you will with them
I dunno anon, you tell me why it's defended.
>>
>>48781555
>>48781977
Cool. Drop-in is definitely shaping up to be my favorite perk tree. I'm curious to see what you'll have for "Monster Traits", or whatever they're called.
>>
>>48781569
Ironically, given that the world is one where all lewdness is banned, the jump would probably be too lewd. Go ahead and take a crack at it, if you want and think you can do a good job at making it not-lewd.
>>
File: shut up you two.jpg (187KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shut up you two.jpg
187KB, 500x500px
>>48782006
>>48782032
>>
>>48782032
I know, but other times SB tries to wank powers to an absurd degree the thread rejects it. I don't understand the double standard.
>>
>>48782035
http://pastebin.com/jx2J5wW3

Take a look. It's on the home stretch.
>>
>>48782050
Oh, are you upset someone's revealing your hypocrisy?
>>
>>48782006
Few people do defend it, when I saw that bit and asked about it here it ended up triggering a hour long shitstorm of everyone shitting on that jump maker for it.
>>
>>48781914
>because otherwise Balefire isn't that necessary, but they could be half-assing it for some reason.
Where Balefire shines is the "what they did after you retro-killed them is undone, except the memories"
So if someone shoots you, and the collateral damage from the ricochets kills someone else, you can balefire whoever killed you so they died 5 min ago, and all that is undone. It is an efficient method of limited reality warping.

You do NOT usually WANT to kill someone that far back, lest you end up creating something like Exalted's Time of Cascading Years or some other Temporal Breakdown.
>>
>>48782085
Cool, thanks. I'll look at it soon.
>>
>>48782099
No, see >>48782103
I'm just tired of hearing about it.
>>
>>48782116
Yeah, but this is a spite killing. "You shot at me? FUCK YOU, BALEFIRE!" I assumed they'd be erasing them from existence due to that being the greatest expression of contempt.
>>
>>48782116
Ahahahaha. You imply the common jumper here even will think about the consequences of fucking a world like that. Or they'll just go to Drakengard and go "lol paradox immunity" before proceeding to do it more, just to spite you.
>>
>>48782085
Do you have an audio sample of "YAIYOOH!"? Also, how loud does it have to be? I probably shouldn't use it while infiltrating an enemy base, right? But maybe I can use perks from Youtube or Musician to make it more normal.
>>
>>48782085
>Go to Nightmare Before Christmas
>Become a boogeyman
>Go to Bokati
>Take Unleash the Plague
>Use the plague power while in boogeyman form
>Any attempts to destroy your bugs just ends up making more bugs
It's like a hydra, but a thousand times creepier.
>>
>>48782164
That's 'Taiyoh!' anon. And it has to be a yell, though if you have some way to muffle the noise you make, it can work. It's not a hard-and-set limitation, just something of a mythology gag from the game since Django does it every time he recharges. He's very enthusiastic about the sun.

I lack an audio clip at the moment, sadly.

>>48782179
Whatever floats your boat, anon.
>>
>>48782179
Make sure to get Queen Administrator in Worm, too. That would get rid of the "too many bugs loses cohesion" flaw in being a Boogeyman.
>>
>>48782006
It's fiat. For one jump. I don't know why it bugs you so much. Just get over it.
>>
>>48782103
>Few people do defend it, when I saw that bit and asked about it here it ended up triggering a hour long shitstorm of everyone shitting on that jump maker for it.
I don't have a problem with it, it IS Magicka's shtick, after all.

>>48782032
>revive godbeings to do as you will with them
It revives, that is it. It gives no control, and they are not required to feel grateful.

Yes, you can revive the dead God in Highschool DxD as an example. Whether that solves more problems than creates is a toss of the coin.

Personally, I like it to resurrect Companions, since I do not assume they auto-resurrect. So if they die, you either need something to bring them back, or to pay Jumpchan CP for a Companion Import, which can import a companion from anywhere.
>>
>>48782006
It actually does work in the game. You just claim it's not canon because you can only cast it in multiplayer on other wizards. Your claims always focus around this but ignore two points:

1. It exists in your spellbook in singleplayer. It just doesn't do anything because you don't have other wizard palls around.

2. You claim it should only work on wizards while ignoring that's just a gameplay conceit, all while claiming the revive shouldn't work because it's a gameplay conceit, being a huge hypocrite.
>>
>>48782216
>You are now strong enough to tear a human limb off with a swift motion and a strong grip using only one hand, and can lift a house-sized boulder with one arm.

One of these things is not like the other...

Namely that a house-sized boulder would weigh several hundred tons at least, even considering the smallest house -- which is mainly hollow...
>>
>>48782223
Because it's dumb fiat, and also hypocritical of this thread to use when we give other SB power grabs so much shit.
>>
>>48782265
See >>48782249
>>
>>48782249
If it works on other people, then why are there multiple points in the game where "oh no, that guy died" is an issue? It's either not canon and just a gameplay abstraction, or it is canon and only works on wizards.
>>
>>48782259
Not really anon, if it can do the later it can do the former too.
>>
>>48782006
>not revive someone from never existing. That sets a dangerous precedent that you can use Revive to alter history
You are assuming immortal souls can be unmade by temporal shenanigans.

You are coming dangerously close to shitposting here.
>>
>>48782287
You never played Magicka.
>>
>>48782295
You're assuming they can't be. Who said the soul is immortal? Hell, we've got lots of perks that operate on the complete opposite assumption, letting you destroy them for power.
>>
Honestly I think it's the shitposter who does the whole "Everything bad is SB everyone who I don't like go to SB SB is to blame for everything SB is a monolith and everyone who came from there to here is bad." since it only ever happens during a long whiny rant about minutiae and for/against power as an attack on a jumpmaker, which is his favorite tactic otherwise.
>>
>>48782303
Just off the top of my head, there's the bit where the King is in that weird augur rig about to drill into his head, and you have to stop it from doing so. You can't just wait for it to kill him and then revive him. So that's evidence against it. Further, there's the bit where you have to go get information from Fafnir and you get into a fight with him instead and Vlad gets all angry when you kill him because now he can't teach you the spell. If you could just bring Fafnir back, that wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>48782259
>>48782295
You should use ellipses less, anon. But yeah, the idea is that you can rip a human apart and lift something huge. I didn't feel like doing math. If it's a problem, I'll clarify it later. Right now, I'm preoccupied with finishing this four month long jump.
>>
>>48782289
Yes, and the latter is at least one OoM above the former.
>>
>>48782325
No, Magicka was made by a Spacebattles poster. And for the most part I think it's a great jump. Just that one bit about Revive is stupid as all fuck.
>>
File: 103b2221b8f49cd8b02703004505ec2e.jpg (240KB, 909x1280px) Image search: [Google]
103b2221b8f49cd8b02703004505ec2e.jpg
240KB, 909x1280px
>>48781471
This is probably not the time or place to discuss the role-playing tendencies of my Companions and myself.

Seriously though, I have hunted down specific Companions and maneuvered events so that they would become entangled with myself and my group. That might be construed as slightly Yandere.

>>48781476
I usually don't worry about my origin's parents. I probably should, but it's simpler to imagine that the Jump Coordinator finds some version of a universe where I don't have a family to complicate matters.

Then again, part of it is just me being a lazy writer.

>>48781557
Who the heck is flinging magical spells at me? I'm all but immune to magic but surprisingly vulnerable to mundane forces.
>>
>>48781502
You mean how Quicksilver seems to be able to just walk around at a normal pace while everything is frozen?

You have the reflexes to make everything seem to be in slow motion, but I'm not sure about the other part. Probably?

Investing in time manipulation would be a good idea.

Actually, I've been thinking of changing it from a generic super-speed ability to personal-scale time manipulation, since that actually seems closer to Quicksilver. But he also does stuff that seems more like super speed, so eh.
>>
>>48782223
Because we just had someone use Dragonball Z "precedent" to make a jump that gave you 20 points to play with. You've gotta die on every fucking hill nowadays because if you don't the fact that you didn't can and will be used to justify stupidity.
>>
>>48782354
You always make that claim. "NUH UH I TOTALLY LOVE THE JUMP EXCEPT THIS ONE PART I'LL SPEND 300 POSTS ATTACKING WHILE SHITTALKING THE JUMPMAKER"
>>
>>48782361
Well, Quicksilver has aspects of both, so eh.

>Select all pictures of street signs
>Gives one lone palm tree.
>Okay, Captcha.
>>
>>48781557
Heal them due to the bullet wound? I don't like seeing people suffer, anon.
>>
>>48782346
Actually, I don't use ellipses that often.
>>
>>48782390
Yeah, I can appreciate different parts of a work. I'm not so limited in my thought processes that I have to be either 100% in favor of or 100% opposed to something. Something you're clearly not familiar with.
>>
>>48782426
Only 287 more posts to go!
>>
>>48782383
He took it back you nigger. Unnecessarily I might add, since the jump had several other problems that the thread ignored to focus on an issue that was purely cosmetic, since each point translated to 50 cp, meaning that you had 1000 cp anyways.
>>
>>48782361
From what it looks like he can accelerate his own personal time and can selectively extend it slightly past himself; this would let him listen to music as if it was as fast as he is, let him interact with things both as normal and at extreme speeds, and have things that he stops touching return to slower speeds after he stops touching them (such as altering the path of bullets in FP and keeping the people he throws alive in Apocalypse).

He is moving at supper speed it is just that the way he achieves it is through a combination of personal time manipulation and minor physics breaking.
>>
>>48782464
Poking cops knocked them out, and his punch sent Apocalypse flying. That does not sound like time magic to me.
>>
>>48782464
I thought it was kind of weird the bit where he's rescuing Magneto where he explains that he needs to brace his neck to keep him from getting whiplash from moving him around at such high speeds. But somehow the arms and legs aren't going to flail everywhere and get ripped out of their sockets? And later when he's rescuing people from the Xavier mansion he's just throwing them all over the place. He starts out bracing them properly, but as the scene goes on he starts literally tossing them. So I guess he just likes that extra bit of safety, and when he's in a rush he skips it?
>>
>>48782464
>Supper Speed.
So he's as fast as he needs to be to get to dinner?
>>
>>48782361
He can also move at around mach 2000 or some shit. Which is fine if it's pseudo-time manipulation/kinetic absorption/whatever, but if you go down that route be prepared to deal with the shitposting.
>>
>>48782495
Well, presumably he has some control over the interface between his momentum-defying state and the rest of the world. So it's probably more an inertia manipulation power than time manipulation. The listening to music could just be excused as him having modified his Walkman. I vaguely recall in his intro scene him having hacked his game of Pong to play at hyperspeed so it can keep up with him.
>>
>>48782495
As I said time fuckery would explain how he is able to interact with things both at super speed and at normal speed. He interacts with some stuff at normal speeds by extending the time acceleration to those things but he can also not extend it to them and affect them as if he was moving at extreme speeds.
>>
>>48782540
>inertia manipulation
That's an interesting take on it.
>>
Are there any Jumps that let me interact with Jumpchan?
>>
>>48782602
Dragon's Crown.
>>
>>48782602
None really, given that she's pretty much a narrative construct to justify the chain (and for some people provide reason to act in certain ways.
>>
>>48782602
You can always interact with Jump-chan, she's watching you all the time. She just refuses to interfere outside of giving you your perks. I don't think it would be unreasonable to wank that you can talk to her when you want to so long as she doesn't help.
>>
>>48782602
If you jump Worm take a drink, you get free jump-chan hugs for life.
>>
>>48782635
What about head pats?
>>
File: earth elements.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
earth elements.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
If you had to pick a single elemental affinity as a theme for your chain, which one would it be?

I feel like I'd go with Water. There's something very primal and chaotic about it yet most of the time it's a very practical, unassuming and even comforting element.
>>
>>48782671
Light. It's got good balance between buffs, healing, and magic, along with being more effective against certain monsters.
>>
So basically he can move at super speed, manipulate physics so that his speed only affects his surroundings in ways he wants it to, and is able to selectively extend his speed to other objects in strange ways to achieve various effects.
>>
>>48782400
Yeah, something tells me the writers didn't actually write a strict set of rules for his power.

Which is fine; his scenes are the best parts of the movies.

>>48782464
>>48782495
He definitely has some limited ability to extend it to other things since his Walkman seems to play music at his speed and the Pac-Man played at that speed. Not to mention the fact that people he carries don't turn to dust.

>>48782504
Is he eating at Sonic?

>>48782507
Yeah, some calcs have him moving faster than the speed of fucking light.
>>
>>48782671
The fuck element is europe meant to be?
>>
>>48782671
Water. It's the most versatile, most often associated with healing, and has use in trickery and stealth as well as raw force.
>>
>>48782723
Metal. It's bismuth.
>>
>>48782671
>The USA gets stuck with shitty wind, the worst element
Lame.
>>
>>48782671
Wood. Plant manipulation is cool.

>>48782723
Metal, I think, given that those are bismuth crystals.
>>
>>48782615
Huh?
>>
File: force-storm.jpg (188KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
force-storm.jpg
188KB, 1000x535px
>>48782671
Air, so long as it also lets me to throw lightning arond.
>>
>>48782671
Fire or Lightning.

Praise the motherfucking sun.
>>
>>48782615
>>48782619
>>48782623
>>48782635
Thanks m8s, about what I expected.

So, I've read some of Worm, and it didn't seem all that terrible, but I admittedly didn't get very far. Last thing I remember was the gold guy showing up in the news or whatever, after the bank heist at the beginning. Does it get worse?
>>
>>48782671
Water, it's very versatile. Though I refuse to use it to heal.
>>
>>48782711
This goes to >>48782361
>>
>>48782671
Fire, for pretty much the same reasons you gave for water except for unassuming.
>>
>>48782671
I'd have to go with Lightning. At least I can still use it to heal with the perk I picked up in Infamous.
>>
>>48782757
I wonder how many of you unkindled ended up alone with her in the dark?
>>
>>48781557
"Empty your pockets, you owe me a new shirt."
>>
>>48782711
Who the hell knows, man? This is a comic book movie written by Fox.

That's a good a guess as any.
>>
>>48782656
jump-chan is not for lewds.

>>48782759
>does it get worse?
It gets worse.
>Understatement of the century
>>
>>48782671
Fire.

I like the Prometheus angle.
>>
>>48782085
Do Immortals get a discount on Monstrous Powers? Because otherwise, I fear for my budget and my safety.
>>
>>48782815
>jump-chan is not for lewds.
>implying that isn't the whole point of this.
>>
File: BAopHne.png (54KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
BAopHne.png
54KB, 315x320px
>>48782781
That reminds me. Anyone heard if NuBee got everything he needed to start DS3?
>>
>>48782850
Nnnnnnnope. They're exclusive without Hybrid, too.
>>
>>48782852
No, anon, getting your Spark won't get her to notice you.
>>
>>48782759
Oh, so very much. The tone really changes once Leviathan attacks. After that, it's all downhill into grimdark. A giant monster destroys the city, a wandering pack of murderhobos shows up to "play" in the wreckage, Taylor has to become a brutal warlord just to survive, the Undersiders' boss reveals his villainous plans, a shoggoth shows up and starts making evil clones of everyone, the darkest secrets of the heroes are revealed to the world and everyone loses trust in them, more and more giant monster attacks happen, the murderhobos from before clone an army of themselves and try to destroy the world, and then finally that golden guy? He turns out to actually be an evil alien and the source of all powers. He's depressed and listless after the death of his wife, but eventually the leader of the murderhobos convinces him that killing people is actually really fun and that's what he should be doing if his original evil scheme is impossible without his wife's help. He kills trillions, thanks to being able to cross between realities.
>>
>>48782866
>Implying jump-chan isn't purposefully guiding you towards the spark to be a worth husbando

>>48782859
Wasn't he waiting for DLC? That's next month for the first.
>>
>>48781554
>Reposting here for more commentary.
The senario drawback...
I can see "no magic" but not really the "No" ships, since you are going to have to build a star fleet to do the job. If it is because you do not want us to have space travel right off the bat, how about "no removing space ships from the warehouse until you have achieved interplanetary/interstellar travel"?

Also I do not like the "Roll for when you start"
It might be better to just say you begin when the escape pods land down on the planet, either in one, or already present on the ground.

Not sure about the 00.01% thing. That seems tacked on.

Also, locking Magic is OK, but don't you dare touch my Psionics and psionicalikes! You can't have a 1000+ year space opera without them!

Actually, you might want to make this a +0 drawback with no restrictions, just you need to complete the Imperiums mission and end the incursions. Because this is the sort of thing that will take some doing. It is several near unchained AI's with millions of years of a head start.

Remember, the expeditions were intentionally badly designed to take losses I think if the head AI has tech designed to WIN, and lots of it. As in, I would not put Jain Tech from the polity from showing up if you actually entered their territory, instead of them sending disposable ships to our galaxy.

The Items: a lot of them would be free in setting, like the bridge officers implants. Just take the Bridge officer descendant, and show up on the Dahak. The basic Implants should be free for both the Imperial Reminants.

Those Origins are also a bit expensive. By "a bit" I mean "a lot." Unless the backgrounds give some free perks or really premium equipment, they should be 50 CP or free.

For Equipment, you want stuff better somehow than you can get in setting, or large enough you cannot just stuff it in the warehouse.

The Parasite Ship is good, but way to expensive, and should be discounted for Imperial Remnant.
(cont)
>>
>>48781554
>>48782892
(cont)
Maybe 800 CP (discount Imperial Remenant) for a Premium "fresh off the assembly line" one that even has FTL capacity added by jumpchan, even though regular ones don't

And a 400 CP (discount Counter-Mutineer) one that has been in service for thousands of years and has had some loss of power, maintenance issues, etc. So you would need to put in effort to improve it.

Another Item option should be Automated Biotech? (whatever it is called in story) Coffin that can perform the Enhancement procedures one at a time.

Another Item, one of the Zoo habitats Birhat had that reseeded the planet.

Or a Manual of Dogmatic Operating Instructions? With it, you could go to any mundane looking structure and call 'hidden' weapon emplacements online, or call up a 'Celestial' hologram showing sensor data, etc
>>
>>48782872
Well, shit. I think I'll just...bypass that for now.
>>
>>48782892
>If it is because you do not want us to have space travel right off the bat, how about "no removing space ships from the warehouse until you have achieved interplanetary/interstellar travel"?
Or maybe just "no FTL spaceships", so we can get off the ground easily enough and start making our own space industry, but not just go directly to the fight.
>>
>>48782864
Oh dear. That's not good.
>>
>>48782881
DS3 dlc next month? I hadn't even heard about that.

Neat.
>>
>>48782671
Lightning.

Motherfucking ZAP
>>
>>48782671
Gravity is my favorite for the versatility and subtlety
>>
>>48782881
>husbando
>implying
See: >>48781763
>>
>>48782998
A husbando with tits is still a husbando.
>>
Question about Jojo.

It was mentioned somewhere that Spin's ultimate goal is to grant a stand. How does it work if I have a stand from Bow and Arrow? Actually, how does Corpse part affect such stand? Does it grant it a new ability and that's it? Or can one have two stands, one from Bow and Arrow, another from Spin/corpse part? Or perhaps an evolution of a stand like how Tusk evolved?
>>
>>48782361
>generic super-speed ability to personal-scale time manipulation, since that actually seems closer to Quicksilver
Do it. It is a 'Movie' jump. So you want to be able to do what they guy in the movie who has that power does.

Just don't even mention mach speeds, and refer to those two movie scenes.
>>
>>48783106
Hahahaha!

Fuck. No.

Do you want him to get crucified? Because that's how to make it happen.
>>
File: Bark.png (127KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bark.png
127KB, 400x400px
>>48782998
AREN'T GIRLS WITH PENISES JUST MEN?
>>
>>48783140
>implying that isn't exactly what they want to happen
>>
>>48783152
Not if its a feminine penis.
>>
>>48782265
>Because it's dumb fiat, and also hypocritical of this thread to use when we give other SB power grabs so much shit.
I do not give SB jumps shit just because. That is you.
The only jump I have mocked as a SB jump was Brellin's, and that was because his going off the deep end made me salty.
And you seem to call every jump you don't like a SB jump. Why not make an account on SB to bitch about SB on SB, and give THIS thread some piece.
>>
>>48783069
Well, that's hard to answer, because the only examples of someone with Spin gaining a Stand we have also came into contact with the Corpse Parts. But it seems that Spin merges with your Stand, letting you incorporate the Spin's abilities into your Stand's abilities. You can still use them separately, but they work better together.

As for the Corpse Parts, I'd expect it to cause an evolution. From what we see, the Corpse's power is based around sensing and redirecting consequences. Like, Johnny's exposure to the Corpse Parts turned Tusk from something that could just shoot his fingernails to something that could move around the holes created by the fingernails, and eventually even move him around, and finally penetrate dimensional barriers. Gyro's Corpse Part-induced Stand let him sense and detect points of critical failure. Diego's turned Scary Monster from a curse to a consciously-controlled ability of his. Lucy's let her redirect disaster away from her. And Valentine's could cross dimensions to avert anything bad happening to him. So the Corpse's power seems to be either messing with cause and effect (I shot this thing, but I can change it to having shot this other thing), avoiding consequences (I swap out with my alternate reality doppleganger), sensing consequences (if I shoot you here it will do the most damage) or changing something from a negative consequence to a positive one (Scary Monster giving Diego powers instead of just turning him into a monster).
>>
Anyone know what's up with the uploads folder on the drive?
>>
>>48783202
I believe you're confusing me with someone else. The Magicka one is the only one I harp on about. And it was made by someone on SB. If someone else is complaining about SB jumps, it's not me.
>>
>>48783226
Someone dumped all the recent jumps into it, for some reason.
>>
>>48783069
Based on what I understood when I read the manga. you can not gain more than one stand, but the corpse or the arrow may give a new ability, the spin can help you evolve a stand if you master it, its not like its function is that but it is a natural consequence of mastering it.
>>
>>48782361
>>48783106
Eh that might be a bad idea, why not just add some sub abilities to the power to let you do stuff that quicksilver could. Namely allow you to selectively interact with objects normally despite your speed, extend your speed to things you are touching, and some other minor physics ignoring stuff.

>>48783226
Some idiot must have tagged everything in his downloads folder with the word jump in it and then dragged it into the drive.
>>
>>48783152
Dont try to make sense of it.
>>
>>48783140
Why would he?
>>
>>48783152
Not if they have two X chromosomes, breasts, and a fully functional vagina.
>>
>>48783106
Eeeh. That seems like the type of thing that would confuse some people and piss off some others.

>>48783264
>Namely allow you to selectively interact with objects normally despite your speed, extend your speed to things you are touching, and some other minor physics ignoring stuff.
Wait, did I not add that it could do that in the last update? Whoops, I meant to.

>>48783241
>>48783264
Ah. So the ones from the 10th and 11th are the only actual updates, right?
>>
>>48783206
Does your stand lose these abilities when you lose the corpse part?

And I thought that Johnny could penetrate dimensional barriers not because of corpse part but because of Golden Spin?
>>
>>48783347
>Wait, did I not add that it could do that in the last update? Whoops, I meant to.
There was a recent update? If you added that already I apologize.
>>
File: KNOWLEDGEEEEEEE.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
KNOWLEDGEEEEEEE.gif
940KB, 627x502px
What can I do in Lyrical Nanoha?
>>
>>48783379
The one from a couple of weeks ago. Haven't changed anything since then.
>>
For the Rome Jump are we staying there for 22 yrs?
>>
>>48783358
I believe you do lose them when you lose the Corpse Part. Gyro lost Scan after giving up the eye. Johnny retained Tusk after having the hand and spine taken away, but I believe there was something about him still having like a single vertebrae left in him. Might be misremembeing.

As for Johnny using the Golden Spin, that was part of it. Spin was part of Tusk's evolution along with Jesus power. Figuring out where one ends and the other begins is tricky. Certainly using Act 4 requires the Golden Spin, but it seems like the Jesus power helped him attain the enlightenment needed to reach it.
>>
File: Watchmen.jpg (170KB, 800x2023px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen.jpg
170KB, 800x2023px
>>48783328
>>
>>48781557
I generally get indignant. Like "You shot me! I can't believe you just shot me! What were you thinking? You could have torn my clothes!"
>>
File: friendship.jpg (171KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
friendship.jpg
171KB, 1920x1200px
>>48783392
Friendship
>>
>>48783396
Oh, well then no you did not add that.
>>
>>48783310
>Why would he?
When people say:
"Don't do this or you will get crucified"
what they really mean is:
"Don't do this or all the shitposters, of which I am a member, will shitpost you to hell"
like the shitposter at 48783140
Assume anyone with the Haha's is a troll doing it for the (You)'s
>>
>>48783403
But did Gyro also lose his stand when he lost corpse parts or was he fine without it?

As for Johnny... Wait. How could he have single vertebrea of the corpse if the Holy Corpse was doing its thing on that one person, where it turns them into a Stand, considering it has to be complete to do that?
>>
>>48781554
Does the Asgerd class Planetoid have a crew to go with it? The full armies, the millions of fighters, the Parasite Ships?
>>
>>48779206
Don't want a literal drop in?
Arete 10 is more than just the abstract knowledge of how reality works, you have to be able to internalize and live that truth too.

>>48780907
I posted another version later in the last thread that may have more familiar values.

>>48781473
Rules regarding Foci and will workers varies a lot between editions. IIRC, in 1E everyone discards 1 per Arete past one; 2E and Revised non-scientific will workers discard 1 per Arete past one and scientific will workers discard 2 for every point of Arete past five; in 20AE, most will workers start discarding foci after Arete 3, non-technocratic scientist will workers after Arete 8, and technocrats never can discard Foci.

So it has some basis, and it was a simpler approach than to try to explain all that. Plus, I'm not sure the distinction between dropping the need for foci and dropping paradigm would be picked up by everyone.

Regarding the sphere limitation, I believe I addressed this in the last thread.

As for Resources, that's new. I've had plenty of people argue the opposite. However, I don't understand why someone would want to drop that many points in resources. You could easily get pattern spheres (any maybe Prime) for not much more, and make what you need - or make trade goods. I can increase base to 30,000 per year from 15,000 per year.

I was conservative with Sanctum. Also, I didn't want to write out a dozen perks, or levels to perks, but one scaling perk. I could make Sanctum double in size for each purchase instead.

Regarding Affinity Spheres, that information was in a previous draft and appears to have been deleted in a revision. My apologies! I've updated my master. Will Workers both get one Affinity Sphere each.

The oWoD is very much a product of the 90s, and has a metaplot for those interested that makes it loosely time sensitive. There is a free option in that you can roll for your chosen location.

Your feedback about Crossover is noted.
>>
>>48783397
Yep. Unless you take the Gaul drawback, that pushes it up to 28.

The version on the drive isn't' updated and doesn't have that drawback. Here's the latest version.
>>
>>48783347
You could phrase it as 'slow time to a halt' at least for omega. Its about on par with the other omega powers (enough electricity to power a city, surviving basically anything, no selling nukes, etc.).
>>
>>48783506
Gyro lost Scan, but he didn't use it much anyway so it didn't impact him unduly. He later developed a new Stand on his own called Ball Breaker.

As for Johnny retaining a vertebrae, like I said I don't remember that bit well. It might have been a mistranslation for all I know. Sorry.
>>
>>48783515
Keep paradox and block Archmastery. Giving out nigh omnipotence isn't something accepted here.
>>
>>48783264
>Some idiot must have tagged everything in his downloads folder with the word jump in it and then dragged it into the drive.
Well some jumpmakes do not bother to add theirs to the drive, so better more than none I guess.
Like The Purge jump is still missing, and who knows what else.
>>
>>48783069
Presumably mastering Spin while having a Stand would get you an upgrade that integrates it. Admittedly it's fanwank territory because the one guy who mastered Spin with a pre existing Stand had an already Spin based Stand. The Corpse at most gives you visions from Jesus of how to progress your Stand if you already had one, people with a pre existing Stand didn't get any power ups from the Corpse, and it's one Stand per person except in weird edge cases. Seemed the only time amount of parts mattered was when Lucy had the whole Corpse shoved into her, and that was slowly rendering her a lowercase c corpse.
>>48783403
My best guess is that it was a matter of internalizing the Stand, Johnny and Diego worked at improving their Stand and kept it, Gyro just stuck with the basic ability and didn't. The Corpse gives the ability to manifest a Stand, but it's possible to reach a point where you no longer need its aid to do so.
>>48783566
As I recall for awhile he was running around with a tiny bit in him, but by the time of the epilogue the Corpse was entirely sealed away and he kept his Stand.
>>
>>48783586
>The Purge jump
Look back through the archive. That was confirmed as a troll by Clover.
>>
>>48783570
>Keep paradox and block Archmastery. Giving out nigh omnipotence isn't something accepted here.
Dude, just shut the fuck up and go away.

If you think ascension archmastery gives omnopitence, you never read the rulebook
>>
>>48783629
>nigh
Great reading.
>>
>>48783611
>Look back through the archive. That was confirmed as a troll by Clover
It was a good jump. I do not really care if Clover called it a joke after people threw salt on it,
>>
>>48783598
Oh yeah, also it's been shown a few times that ridiculous mastery and dedication to any skill can get you a Stand that interacts with that skill. See Pearl Jam, and Dragon's Dream off the top of my head. Although that may be partially due to Stands reflecting the user and the sorts of people with that level of skill effectively define themselves as that profession, while also having ridiculously strong willpower.
>>
>>48783570
Theres no reason to keep paradox, since you aren't carrying the other unconcious willworkers with you when you leave the jump. And leaving Archmastery up to fanwank is fine, especially since its such a pain in the ass to achieve, unless the idea of badwrongfun really upsets you that bad.
>>
>>48783663
>It was a good jump.
It really wasn't. The Purge could have been interesting, but the jump for it is trash.
>>
What exactly is the energy that Tamaranians throw around? Is it plasma?
>>
>>48783598
>gives you visions from Jesus of how to progress your Stand

lulwut?
>>
>>48783682
And there's no canon thing preventing you from becoming a universe busting spiral power being so obviously we should let people get that too.
>>
>>48783721
It's heroin.
>>
>>48783730
Happened once or twice to Johnny.
>>
>>48783721
They are called starbolts, and they can melt things, so it's likely a plasma of some sort.
>>
>>48783721
It's heroin in plasma form.
>>
HEAVENS ANON I wanted to know if you have children with a group of companions that all count as one companion Would the children all count as one companion as well.
>>
>>48783730
The corpse is Jesus's corpse.
>>
>>48783735
Nice job bring interjump balance into this. Especially since Spiral power doesn't require training and time, just guts and willpower.
>>
>>48783779
>>48783797
Is that a reference of some sort?
>>
>>48783807

Also Please say yes
>>
>>48783827
But if you're letting that power be gained here, why should we have any sort of power limits in many other jumps? What makes this Mage jump get to hand out that much power and have others on that level be forced to be end jumps?
>>
>>48783837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxcKNs8R9AE
>>
Jumpers, what have you accidentally outsmarted yourself, where one of your plans went TOO well, or succeeded when you originally had no intentions for it to do so?
>>
>>48783807
Holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>48783730
The Corpse is Jesus. It's never explicitly stated, but there are so many clues to that effect that it pretty much can't not be Jesus.
>>
>>48783858
What.
>>
>>48783459
Oh, my bad.

I'll probably get around to it eventually. But yeah, it is supposed to do that.

>>48783528
Eh, even Quicksilver didn't really slow it to a halt. The explosion was still gradually moving outward and Apocalypse sped up his own reaction to catch him.
>>
>>48783893
Auralnauts Star Wars, it's a jump and you should take it.

STAAAANISSSSS!
>>
>>48783874

What it's from the generic parenting jump
>>
File: 004.png (400KB, 887x1400px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
400KB, 887x1400px
>>48783876
>It's never explicitly stated
It might as well be.
>>
>>48783515
>Regarding the sphere limitation, I believe I addressed this in the last thread.
Badly. no one here has said you stop learning spheres. And in jump you can learn ANY sphere. You did not say "if you have not learned at least the rudiments of a sphere by the time you leave, you never can" you said "if you do not buy every sphere with CP at jump start, you are Shit outta luck"
Which is NOT part of the setting in any way whatsoever. you do not see starting characters with 1 in every sphere.

>Arete 10 is more than just the abstract knowledge of how reality works, you have to be able to internalize and live that truth too.
This is just inane.
You DO realize that there are perks that make it so even a Drop In has insertion protocols? In Kung Fu Hustle, there is a Police station that inserts itself into every jump, with you as the chief, or Jojo's wallet and passports, so I drop in with valid ID. My truth that I have internalized is that wherever I go, I always have a place prepared for me, by choices I have made.
>>
>>48783807
Bancho, put your trip back on.
>>
>>48783907
True but unless there is something really fast like that going on it everything would be so slow it seems like it had halted.
>>
>>48783570
Seconded. Paradox isn't just a balancing factor in Mage, it's an important part of the flavor. You might as well ask for a D&D Jump without spell slots, or a Star Wars Jump without a Dark Side.
>>
>>48783942

I'm not Bancho and I just want an answer
>>
>>48783956
If you aren't Tera, you're Tera-tier.
>>
nazis are cool
>>
>>48783932
Yeah, like I said, it's never said "this guy is Jesus", but there's no one else it could be. Fun fact: although the traditional Romanization of Yeshua is Jesus, Joshua is also an acceptable one. So Yeshua ben Yusef would have been Joshua ben Joseph, or JoJo.
>>
>>48783508
>Does the Asgerd class Planetoid have a crew to go with it?
Not him, but probably not. The Dahak was alone for a long time, and developed ways to service himself. He can basically operate every ship system he has, and even remote operate other ships and parasites.

So while there is space available for a crew or colonists, they are not essential.
>>
>>48783855
A. He's leaving it up to fanwank. No ones forcing you take the jump and become an archmaster after however long you wank it taking. You are literally bitching because of how other people might play their single player imaginary game.
B. He's not 'handing it out'. It takes time and effort to get to that level. Far more so than Gurren Lagann.
>>
File: 1446683269997.png (690KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1446683269997.png
690KB, 569x802px
>>48783992
>So Yeshua ben Yusef would have been Joshua ben Joseph, or JoJo.
this is too perfect
>>
>>48783992
>>48784043
Honestly I bet that the story of steel ball run was partially developed by Araki when he found that out himself.
>>
>>48783949
Paradox works because of the prescence of other nascent willworkers and their beliefs clashing with your own. It's nonsensical to have it carry over if all you're taking with you from the jump is your own avatar (which grants you the ability to use magic) and not a bunch of other people's.
>>
>>48783992
>So Yeshua ben Yusef would have been Joshua ben Joseph, or JoJo.
What do you think the original JoJo's arc would have been called?
Joshua vs Lucifer Stand battle when.
>>
>>48783807
>if you take all or some of your children as companions later they may either occupy individual companion slots or put a maximum of 3 into one slot.
It says in the jump. Either one slot each or up to 3 individuals per companion slot.
>>
>>48784076
Jumpers, make it happen
give a Satan companion a Stand and let him go against Jesus
>>
>>48783982

Since I have triggered you I am going to go with a yes I can for my answer and be on my way before you accuse me of trying to start something
>>
>>48784070
Yeah, but by the same token most forms of magic shouldn't work in most Jumps, because they depend on the Weave or local mana or something similar. But we handwave them as working anyway because Jump-chan.
>>
>>48784062
Oh, I'm certain that's the case. JoJo's Bizarre Testament is too good not to work with.
>>
>>48783570
To be fair, OMage Archmages are nowhere near on the level of NMage "rewriting reality to suit your whims is an innate ability of the template" Archmages. Especially since Paradox castrates them. Adding Paradox back in would make it so most people wouldn't want to be an Archmage even if it was presented as an option,
>>
>>48784076
>>48784093
Considering how the corpse parts function when gathered, I don't think that it would be possible to beat him without spin shenanigans, or actually Sting from worm may do the job just fine.
>>
trying to get into this but I am too autistic to make google docs work
where is the pokemans and how do I look at it?
>>
>>48784017
Guys, it's ok that this jump is letting you attain power over the fundamental forces of reality. You can always choose NOT to learn that power if you don't want it. And even if you do get it, it could take you thousands of years to reach that level, even though canon character Dante did it in less than a century and didn't get to start with Arete 10 like this jump gives you.
>>
>>48784017
>You are literally bitching because of how other people might play their single player imaginary game.
So does that mean I can start posting my 3000 CP Chain that starts in Monster Musume then goes to Pokemon?
>>
>>48784133
Well obviously Jesus is going to defeat Lucifer. That's kind of an important part of the story.
>>
>>48784076
We already know how it went. He used [Down to Georgia] (an automatic schemer-type Stand) to set up the entire string of events which resulted in the Crucifixion, but then [Three Days Grace] brought JoJo back to life right as Lucy deactivated [Down to Georgia].
>>
>>48784136
Use the .pdf file in the OP if you can't get the drive to work.
>>
>>48784136
Click the image in the OP and start scrolling.
>>
>>48784169
>>48784163
lmao thanks lads what a retard I am
>>
>>48784153
So basically the final battle between original JoJo and Lucifer was a longer, keikaku filled version of the Jotaro vs DIO fight?
>>
>>48784153
What would other Biblical figures have for Stand names? Obviously the prophet Eli would have [Eli's Coming], but what else?
>>
>>48784193
[Thus Sayeth The Lord].
>>
>>48783515
Dude, just make a ruling on Archmage already. You can't leave something like that up to individual jumpers, it's just going to be a constant source of bullshit.

Do what other jumps have done and cap the super omnipotence. Don't be an asshat like the Coiling Dragon guy or the fucknugget who turned a teen age soap opera into a shonen god jump.

Try to do a good job.
>>
>>48784111
... Did you read the post you responded to? Magic in Mage doesn't function off a weave or some underlying metaphysical construct of the setting. It works solely off of an avatar. Which is bonded to your soul. Not the setting.
>>
>>48781557
>What's your immediate reaction?

"Dammit, that better not have put a scratch on my iPod or damaged my shirt. I just bought them yesterday!"

Not that I'm actually worried, I harden and shield my personal tech. I just like freaking them out when I'm more worried about my clothes and toys as opposed to zero concern about them trying (and failing) to hurt me.
>>
>>48784245
I did. I'm saying that Jump-chan fiat saying "it works like it does in the Jump" is standard. So saying "it stops working how it does in the Jump because you're so special" is the deviation from the norm.
>>
>>48784245
It functions off of the malleable nature of reality. The very same reason for Paradox is the reason Willworking functions at all. It's not even like Awakening where you theoretically could remove the source of Paradox and still have functional magic. It makes precisely as much sense for Paradox to follow you out of jump as it does Willworking.
>>
>>48784193
[Noah's Ark]
[Beast With Seven Heads]
[Nebuchadnezzar's Dreams]
[Daniel's Lions]
>>
>>48784319
But anon, then jumper-kun can't be omnipotent so that he can tie Jump-chain down on the bed.
>>
>>48784138
So what? Other people have already said it isn't as bad as you're saying. And jumps have always been allowed to give you crazy ass potential for power as long as it takes time to get there.
>>
>>48783515
>>48784111
>Yeah, but by the same token most forms of magic shouldn't work in most Jumps, because they depend on the Weave or local mana or something similar. But we handwave them as working anyway because Jump-chan.
Because the general rule is it works the same way out of jump as it worked in jump. In jump the fact everyone has a (sleeping) avatar is what makes magic consensual.

If you are the only one with an avatar, then you have a 100% approval rating, and no paradox.

If everyone alse is treated as having an avatar, then you can awaken them and teach them Magick.

Either way, you should be able to raise your
Arete and sphere ratings with time, and the nonsensical "buy one dot in every sphere or nope" needs to go away.
>>
So I'm thinking up my Stand.

The name would be Hybrid Theory, as for Ability I want it to be based around fusing stuff. At first I can make Chimeras in the manner that Dio in part 1 did, but eventually I can properly merge beings or objects with creatures into new lifeforms, temporarily or permamently, with a choice of what ability is carried over. Kind of cross yet more specialized version of Soft & Wet and Palesnake.

I'm not sure how to make things work for Awakened and Requiem forms. I'm thinkking about it merging other types of matter with other matter and such, or even manipulating more esoteric things, like energy or even Stand abilities, with a limitation on how many Stand abilities can be taken or how many stands can be fused. (Foo Fighters was an accidental Fusion of stands, but shows it is possible, along with how Soft & Wet works.) I am thinking of limiting it to abilities, though. Star Finger would be considered one ability, for example.

I am not sure about whether this is enough for a Requiem or just fits for Awakened and advancement of regular Stand. Perhaps Requiem should be having a "library" of every single ability ever copied, that can be accessed, with having access only to a certain number before I must switch?
>>
>>48784375
So just make it like how Naruto or Tower of God do it and let everyone has a sleeping avatar or whatever the fuck to keep it consistent.
>>
>>48783526
>The version on the drive
Put it on the drive please?

Also, Poor Dick changed to CP as a show of good faith. You need to do the same lest he change it back or you give anyone else bad ideas.
>>
>>48784361
Name one jump that allows you to create a new fundamental force of physics (the canon feat for Forces 9 is creating the force Thon and adding it to the universe) by training for a century.
>>
>>48784442
Forces is boring, tell them about Prime, Entropy, and Spirit.
>>
>>48784308
That fiat is only 'standard' when it would otherwise be impossible to even use magic outside of a setting. That isn't the case for Mage, since the avatar is a part of you. You're just arguing for interjump balance at this point.
>>
>>48784442
>Name one jump that allows you to create a new fundamental force of physics
The wild magic perk. Brings a new fundamental force (Wild Magic) to any universe, and make anyone a wild mage. And It likes you for helping it spread.

But really, any Jumper perk is imposing a new force on the universe.

And Forces Nine. AND you would need to stay in a jump for a century, when most jumps are 10 years.
>>
>>48784494
Name me one jump lacking that fiat.
>>
We still need a Suggsverse jump.
>>
>>48784534
On it.
>>
>>48784534
No. We don't. We don't need any Jump, people just happen to make them, and we happen to consume them. But we need that Jump even less.
>>
>>48783940
There are several reasons. One is that there are individuals who would like to see will working frozen at the level purchased with CP post jump. The other is, in part, a balance one. If you can learn the spheres with out any CP investment, the most CP efficient move would be to purchase no spheres. The second most efficient expenditure would be to purchase only spheres (particularly affinity spheres) at five.

I could change to tiered pricing for sphere ranks (100 CP / 50 CP / 150 CP / 200 CP / 250 CP) - but I received a very negative reaction to individuals I presented that too.

Regarding Arete, for comparison sake, please tell me, in your own words, what you believe Arete represents.
>>
>>48784561
>One is that there are individuals who would like to see will working frozen at the level purchased with CP post jump.
Where the fuck are these individuals then?
>>
>>48784561
>I received a very negative reaction to individuals I presented that too.
Would these be the same people that believe that Vampire Diaries is a high threat setting necessitating world shattering powers? If so, maybe listen to what they're saying and then do the opposite.
>>
>>48784561
Or you could stop being a blithering moron, actually read the jump you praise in the notes, and do it up as you buy Spheres with a separate pool of points.
>>
>>48784561
>individuals
Ooh boy you've fucked yourself now. Almost nothing gets the thread riled up as much as you taking an external opinion they can't see and making it matter as much or more then the thread anons views.
>>
>>48784561
Please look at >>48784598

Plenty of jumps have a separate section for special buys. Balance your jump, don't make it some stupid one stop shop omnipotence grab.
>>
>>48784561
So you don't want people learning Space 1 on their own, cause clairvoyance without paying CP for it is utterly broken, but allowing people to train from Time 1 to Time 9, giving you complete at will time travel for 100CP is just fine?
>>
>>48784561
Seriously, just look at the Awakening jump and copy that. Change what you need to to make it Ascension, but use that as a template. You're fucking this up.
>>
>>48784442
Why should I? Who are you to decide the hardcap for long-term potential for jumps? And even if it were to capped, why not allow archmastery but cap it at 6-7?
>>
>>48784519
Well there's always dark millenium for all your training needs.
43,980,465,111,040 years is more than enough time to max out just about everything if you can handle the grimdarkness of 40k for that long.
>>
Been gone two days, anything fun happen?
>>
File: 1451398626474.png (355KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451398626474.png
355KB, 500x500px
>>48784558
Fuck off. I deserve to become super omnipotent banana fana fo fana 3 deluxe.
>>
>>48784667
We had a Generic Hentai and Mage the Ascension both drop. Guess which one is causing a bigger shitstorm?
>>
>>48784667
Run. The storm has come again. I saw at least two people drown in the salty-shit slurry.
>>
>>48784561
What jumps are you patterning after? I'm getting the feeling this is your first rodeo, and it looks like you don't really have a direction. You can't just leave everything open to jumper discretion, you need to make some decisions. If you don't have the experience to do this and you don't want to partner with someone that does, look to a jump that's done what you're doing and use that as an example.
>>
>>48784681
Then you just need to make it, and have it approved by the thread. Should be pretty easy, assuming it isn't too lewd or entirely broken. Good luck.
>>
>>48784667
Why would anything fun happen
>>
>>48784667
We lost a couple of jumpmakers.
>>
>>48784764
Ha, someone making a Suggsverse jump would have to actually read Suggsverse. I pity that poor foolish soul.
>>
>>48784807
You looked in the garage? I bet you left them in the garage.
>>
>>48784764
>implying
Literally an entire thread was wasted on the validity of a CP converter.
>>
>>48784529
Lack what fiat? The fiat that you keep all the drawbacks associated with the in-setting incarnation of a magicish system even when it makes literally no sense? Okay. Warhammer 40K and Dresden Files, just off the top of my head.
>>
File: stop lying.jpg (15KB, 270x304px) Image search: [Google]
stop lying.jpg
15KB, 270x304px
>>48784807
>>
>>48784831
>Dresden Files
You mean the Jump that someone throws salt on every five threads because it carries over the Seven Laws?
>>
>>48784827
In their defense, they did get pretty creative with trying to defend it.
>>
>>48784831
40K you're still under the same metaphysics, they just don't have the history of being screwed to hell in most places. Dresden keeps the Laws, it's just techbane that goes away, and techbane is part of general weirdness that shifts over time anyway. You don't have some sudden complete 180 in how spells work.
>>
>>48784831
>Warhammer 40K and Dresden Files
You're right on 40k, but not really (at least not entirely) on Dresden Files. What's wrong with DF is that it circumvents anti-corruption perks by fiat.
>>
>>48784561
>One is that there are individuals who would like to see will working frozen at the level purchased with CP post jump.
I have not seen anyone saying that but you. If it is the case, let them come here and defend that decision.

>>48784561
>If you can learn the spheres with out any CP investment, the most CP efficient move would be to purchase no spheres.
This is NOT how jumps work AT ALL. The pokemon jump that started it all, you do not have to pay CP for every pokemon. You are in that world, and can do everything a standard person in that world can.
It would probably be best you did not charge CP for spheres at all. That was your choice. But they are not OCP constructs, they are in setting achievements. You are getting BAD advice, and relaying it to us secondhand, and using that as the basis of a jump.

The spheres are KNOWLEDGE. There are no caps on what you can learn in jump in other settings for good reason.

In pokemon you can learn Pokescience there from a professor, and make master balls yourself, without buying them with CP, or even having the electronics perk, because it is something achievable in the jump by normal people who do not have CP.

This is a fundamental error you are making, assuming that you are (or even should be) limited to a fixed CP list. This is NOT a CYOA where the powers you buy are the powers you have, you are entering the world as it exists. If you have the POTENTIAL (and this is a birthright all Mages are heir to) you can go as far as anyone else.

This particular rule is NOT about balance, it is about being part of the chain, and part of the jump setting you find yourself in.

For Arete, there is no answer I can give you that will be what you want. You already seem to have your own spin on it, that is nothing I have seen in Mage before. So I think you are asking a "What can change the nature of a man?" question, where you will accept any answer, as long as it is your answer, and no answer, if it is someone else's.
>>
Jump # 25 Rosario + Vampire

Starting Age: 15
Starting Location: Youkai Academy
Background: Normal Student (0)
Race: Youko (200)

Perks:
*Human Alt Form (0)
*Bluff (0)
*Genius (200)
*Lucky (200)
*Classmates (400)
*Attractive (100, Discount)
*The Power of Friendship (200, Discount)

Equipment:
*Bitesize Monster Dictionary (0)

Drawbacks:
*Reputation (+100)
*Tasty (+ 100)
*No means No (+ 200)
>>
>>48783526
Kudos for the jump, nice.
>Cover and Darkness (C) - You've learned the secret of saying alive: remaining unseen.
Should be "staying alive".
>>
>>48784934
Companions

Akitsu
Background: Normal Student
Race: Yuki Onna
Perks:
*Human Alt form
*Bluffing
*Sneaky
*Attractive
*Not Quite Dead
Equipment
*School Uniform
*Bite-sized Monster Dictionary

Arcuied
Race: Vampire
Perks:
*Human Alt Form
*Bluffing
*Attractive
*Above the Influence
*Lucky
Equipment:
*School Uniform
*Bite-sized Monster dictionary

Adam Jensen
Background: Drop In
Race: Werewolf
Perks:
*Human Alt Form
*Combat Skills
*Tough
*Hougetsujigen-tou
Equipment
*School Uniform
*Mirror of Truth

*Snowflame
Race: Youko
Perks:
*Human Form
*Bluff
*Tough
*Combat Skills
*Lucky
Equipment:
*School Uniform

*Tomamo No Mae
Race: Youko
Perks:
*Human Form
*Bluff
*Attractive
*Cooking
*Genius
Equipment:
*School Uniform

*Sans
Background: Accidental Student
Race: Human
Perks:
*Tough
*Above the Influence
*Harem Protagonist
*Combat Skills
Equipment
*School Uniform
*Passport
>>
>>48784910
>circumvents anti-corruption perks by fiat.
It does what? Um how about no.
>>
>>48784882
But not the exploding technology issue. Going with your previous logic of how magic 'should' carry over, Dresden magic should keep the seven laws AND the hex. And that still leaves Warhammer 40K.
>>
>>48784955
Ah back here again. So It turns out when you stack appearance and Harem perks it can lead to some sticky situations. So Kuyou decided I belonged to him being a kitsune, the most beautiful girl in school etc. Me having a few girlfriends really he saw as a bonus. Never mind that I hated his guts.

Sans actually stepped up and told him that I was seeing him and that he had a bone to pick with him… Kuyou didn’t take it well; We wound up skipping the disciplinary squad arc because Kuyou got judged then and there and it turns out he was filled to the brim with L.O.V.E.

We mainly hung out with the main cast and helped when we could. Things went a bit easier for them since the Disciplinary Squad more or less fell apart.

I helped to train and empower them so that by the time Alucard and Fairy Tail came around they didn’t have that much trouble really.

Also strangely something about my influence made Moka accept the Harem route and so everyone wound up happy.
>>
>>48784831
What about D&D, where you keep spell slots and components? Okami where you have to pay for infinite ink, otherwise it runs out and you have to wait for it to recharge? InFamous where you have to keep drawing off of element sources to use your powers?

>>48784421
This. I'd much rather keep Paradox and be able to Awaken people than lose it and be the only willworker in the multiverse.
>>
>>48784375
It doesn't even matter balance wise if you keep paradox after the jump since prime can scrub it away on it's own.
In fact it would be situationally beneficial to keep it since higher prime levels let you use paradox for your own ends.
Personally I'd like to be able to toggle it, but that might be too bullshit.
>>
>>48784937
>Should be "staying alive".
Next update, maaaaaaan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cov0bmfO_w
>>
>>48783526
>Waste Not Want Not
>will likely not a priority
"not be"

>Percussive Sobriety
This looks like it only works on ourselves? Is that intended?
>>
Is there a legitimate reason for Cole's weakness to water, cars, or using guns in Infamous or it that just a game mechanic that can be ignored?
>>
>>48784959
Ok, but literally nobody would ever take Dresden if that happened, because even if you didn't use your magic you'd fuck up every science setting forever merely by existing. Meanwhile Paradox is much closer to the Seven Laws drawback, since you can easily get around it by not being a dink.
>>
>>48785025
the electricity from his body discharges into those things uncontrollably, which is bad
>>
File: 07e21f11987533.56255a4564b6a.jpg (602KB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
07e21f11987533.56255a4564b6a.jpg
602KB, 1191x842px
This thing killed someone who could lauch controlled bursts of radiation and someone who could cause seismic waves with his fists, how would you kill it, assuming there is no way to control it like in the movie?
>>
>>48784975
Is there actually a ruling that says you can't get the Okami beads in jump? I mean it would be really damn hard to do, but concievably possible.

>>48785025
He shorts it all out because he doesn't have perfect control. Post jump a jumper can toggle conduit powers so it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>48785045
Yes but is there any reason that should be the case? I mean it is not like he is shocking people every time he touches them so why would he shock a car, bullet, or himself in water?
>>
>>48785025
Guns and cars are due to him discharging unintentionally. Last gun he held had every bullet go off. Mind you it's literally a control issue, not a limit. Water shorting him out though is retarded, canon and still likely a control issue.
>>
>>48785047
Punch it harder? It's not like Mr Incredible was really that incredible in terms of super strength feats.

Or just use magic or something. It's not really that tough.
>>
>>48784910
Stop lying. Wildcard never made a ruling to that effect. He said it MIGHT override certain kinds of willpower perks, but never made an actual ruling because people got pissy. Unless you want to dig up something to the contrary.
>>
>>48785047
A GBE ought to do the job. Or just transmute it into junk with FMA alchemy.
>>
Drawbacks: Damned, Marked (1500CP)

Name: Diamond Paige.
Region: Orre
Small Town (1450CP)
Actual Starter (Free)
- Torchik

-Perks-
Physical Fitness (Free)-
Mechanic (1300CP)
Technician (1000CP)
Savant (400CP)
Combat Training (300)

-Items-
Echo Recorder (200)
Handgun (0)

-Pokemon-
Braviary
Garchomp
Rapidash
Lugia
Cacturne
Blaziken

So, I'm pretty much a slightly nerfed more mechanically adept version of Captain America, VS one of the most competent teams in the Pokemon universe, and Pokemon Freddy Kreuger. Well, I think I can take them?

I make my way throughout the Orre region, using my mechanic and electronic skills to gather money, then sail off for Sinnoh. There, I hang out for a few days around Fullmoon Island where Cresselia will take care of my Darkrai problem.

With my more undefeatable enemy out of the way, I begin traveling, capturing, and training pokemon, Around the ninth year of the jump, after having captured a Lugia off the coasts of Johto, I head back to Orre.

There, I set up a Pokemon League, and, with no one stronger then my team around. am crowned champion.
>>
>>48785047
Play a telekinetic game of "Why are you hitting yourself." till it stopped moving.
>>
>>48783526
>Darling of Divinity
>Roman
>However true or that ideal may or may not have been
Either "true that" or "true or not that"?
>>
>>48785083
You can only get the hundredth bead by starting on new game plus mode.
>>
>>48784987
>It doesn't even matter balance wise if you keep paradox after the jump since prime can scrub it away on it's own.
Paradox MtA style is not really a problem because unlike awakening, anything can become coincidental if people come to accept it, AND the jumper has other powers that do not incur paradox. One you use enough of those, people EXPECT you to be that way, and go,
"Oh, look, the dimension hopping Lovecraftian horror reality warper pulled ANOTHER completely over powered ability out of his ass. It must be Tuesday"
It would be like if Eidolon from worm drew True Magick; no one is surprised at what he does anymore, and finds whatever he does believable.
>>
>>48785047
EMP maybe? fry its circuitry and bypass its armor that way.

If it can be temporarily disabled use the opportunity to restrain it using molten metal/concrete

It's not indestructible, its primary turret was taken out by a 60lb weight being thrown at it (probably at very high speeds but still)

I'd say wait for it's eye stalk to expose itself and guide a missile into the gap in the armor.
>>
>>48785083
maybe it's a matter of conductivity?
honestly I have no idea, but if you're not sure you could always by the toggle perk
>>
>>48785121
Shit I totally forgot about that. Oh well.
>>
>>48785143
Yea but that is a waste of points, it is a perk that is only useful in that jump as it only works on conduit powers and you get total control of those post jump.
>>
>>48785029
Except the Seven Laws are part of how mortal magic in Dresden Files works. Fundamentally. Paradox is NOT a fundamental part of how Ascension magic works. It's how it works when there are millions of other people who ALSO have an avatar, but believe in something contrary to how your magic behaves. Other settings wouldn't have that issue.

There is no literally no reason for Paradox to carry over, especially since you don't even need fiat for Ascension magic to continue to work in other jumps anyways. You are literally saying that there should be a fiat drawback that flies in the face of the way magic actually works. This is especially retarded because there are jumps like Warhammer 40K where you don't keep certain glaring drawbacks of magic/psyker systems even when they logically should still apply.
>>
>>48785013
>This looks like it only works on ourselves? Is that intended?
Meant to update that it works on others as well. Will include that in next release.

>>48785118
Should read: However true that ideal may or may not have been...

Any other errors you or anyone else catches will get looked at tomorrow. I should be able to do a quick edit and upload same day. Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying the jump.
>>
>>48785102
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46795725/#46802534
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47812466/#47813503
So he says he doesn't think anti-corruption perks would apply since it's self-inflicted, but "you're still you" perks might, and ultimately it's your call.
>>
>>48785047
>assuming there is no way to control it like in the movie?
Powers that work by fiat. Good luck No Selling THAT.
Portals. Drop it in the sun/other gravity well/another dimension.
Spacial manipulation. Every attack damages itself.
Don't assume it is immune to control. Between technopathy, magic voodoo dolls, or super programming powers, you could forge your own means of control.
>>
>>48785210
>they logically should still apply.
No? In 40K being a psyker is dangerous because of deamons and shit. Unless you are in a setting that is both as massive and grimderp as 40K there wouldn't be any deamons at all.
>>
>>48785121
What?
>>
>>48785210
Only the thing is literally every human in the setting has an Avatar, barring those who have been subjected to it being forcefully removed. At that point not some setting specific circumstance, it's a basic chunk of how the metaphysics work.
>>
>>48784975
>What about D&D, where you keep spell slots and components?
That us not a drawback, it is how the magic system works. And there are ways around it in setting.
>>
>>48785301
In the Okami game, there's an item that drastically boosts your power, makes you invincible, and gives you infinite ink. You get it by collecting 99 stray beads throughout the game, then starting a new game and getting the hundredth. So it's impossible to collect in the Jump itself, since you'll never get the hundredth.

No, cloning perks won't work. The hundredth bead is different than all the others.
>>
>>48785325
Same with Paradox. You're just arbitrarily dividing things between "how it works" and "a drawback I can ignore."
>>
>>48784240
Unless I took it out in a revision, I explicitly state in the jump (in the notes) that I think Archmastery in Ascension is fundamentally flawed and a bad idea.

Also, I don't explicitly provide rules to take it. I just don't give rules to not take it.

But, if people want to have it in their jump, why can't they do what they want? It's a very high level ability that takes a lot of training to achieve, or lots of outside perks that I can't really account for anyway.

If I were just trying to please myself, I'd omit Archmastery all together, and there was still a high level of argument when it locked behind gaining a spark. (Granted, that argument wasn't here - but I've seen the arguments over Mage: The Awakening Archmastery here.)

Also, to my understanding, there are other settings out there of larger potential power than what you would reasonably get from Archmastery. Please note, I'm not very familiar with a lot of settings on the drive, but some, like Touhou and Ar Tonelico seem to be presented as extremely high-powered settings, with Touhou being described (from my lay perspective) as being capable of everything or more a Mage will worker could do.

>>48784308
>>48784319
Mage's will working is self generated. Paradox is generated by will workers clashing with the wills of other (latent) will workers.
If you remove the 7 billion surrounding (latent) will workers, there is no Paradox.

Imagine will working is walking. Imagine Earth is a tiny subway car. Imagine you are on that subway car with 7 billion other people. Imagine trying to walk anywhere. You're not going anywhere.

Now imagine removing everyone from the subway car but you. Now you can walk around much more freely.

If you're in a setting where other people's wills and perceptions warp reality, you suffer Paradox.
If you're in a setting where other people's wills and perceptions don't warp reality, you don't suffer Paradox.
>>
>>48785335
How is Okami in any way relevant to a question about Infamous?
>>
>>48785335
What about return from the warehouse. d:^)
>>
>>48785325
My Finger of Death spell should automatically kill anyone, because outside of DnD nobody has a fortitude save to resist it with. What do you mean that people outside of that jump will react as though they had a fort save, just because that's how the magic works in its own setting? Fucking nerfwankers.
>>
>>48785210
>Except the Seven Laws are part of how mortal magic in Dresden Files works
No. This is a lie.
The seven laws are political impositions by the white council. You are reciting the party line. There are some mystical implications of some part of some laws. Mixed in with convenience and "one size fits most" and "non humans don't matter" and other ideology.
>>
>>48785390
He quoted the wrong person and didn't realize it while writing his elaboration.
>>
>>48785305
Except it IS specific to that setting. Without other Avatars, magic works fine. Avatars are not dependent on the metaphysics of other unconscious avatars to work. In fact, the unconscious avatars generally make it MORE difficult to work magic. That's literally what paradox is.

I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time grasping this concept. I could see paradox being kept if you actually needed other unconscious avatars to work, and therefore you're magic would only work by fiat, which means you'd keep the drawbacks of other avatars pushing against you. But it doesn't work that way, you don't need to bring the underlying metaphysics of the setting with you to use magic (unlike Elder Scrolls and Forgotten Realms) and you're basically arguing for imposing a limit for the sake of itself.
>>
>>48785380
>Touhou
The really powerful shit is locked behind a post-Spark fiat wall. That's the way high powered jumps are typically handled over here. Just handing out omnipotence willy nilly isn't done. Handing out Q-level bullshit willy nilly isn't done.

Do what others have done and put it behind a post-Spark wall. Stop trying to find ways to keep the broken parts of this jump in place, it makes your claims that this isn't a power grab look like so much hand wringing.
>>
>>48784416
So a Stand that starts with power of Amalgamation
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Amalgamation

And then evolves into general Fusionism
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fusionism

I'd say that it actually is a good stand but it should have low stats to not be too unbalanced. It does have great development potential
>>
>>48785420
>My Finger of Death spell should automatically kill anyone, because outside of DnD nobody has a fortitude save to resist it with. What do you mean that people outside of that jump will react as though they had a fort save, just because that's how the magic works in its own setting? Fucking nerfwankers.
I think you are creating a strawman, as no one in the thread has said anything close to what you just said.
The only place where I have ever even heard that argument, literally ever, was years ago in a OotS strip, talking about unconverted 2nd edition monsters being disadvantaged in 3.5 by not not having a constitution score. as a one off joke.

Do you actually believe this or something?
>>
>>48785380
You haven't answered the question. Where are all these people you keep telling us about and why aren't they here discussing things too?
>>
>>48781832
Because it's really easy to fall to the Dark Side and turn into a psychopath if you don't suppress your emotions?
>>
>>48785429
Shut up Margaret. It isn't a lie. I don't know how you missed it, but killing someone and fucking with someones mind explicitly starts to turn you into a psychopath. This is mentioned and shown several times in the books, and supported by the rpg, which makes it an actual game mechanic. Time travel may not, but we haven't actually met anybody who broke that law.
>>
>>48785380
And it still exists in weird realms completely outside the influence of sleepers. You're busy trying to push through no Paradox despite it making no sense from an in setting perspective, as well as the perspective of precedent within Jumpchain itself. As a particularly relevant example we have Fate, where the planet itself actively wears away at Magecraft due to hating humanity. In future jumps spells still wear out, because that's how the metaphysics function in the jump you got it from, you don't arbitrarily gain God like power for completing the jump. Which is precisely what you're doing here.
>>
>>48785464
Ah, that makes sense.
>>
>>48784416
Really? No feedback at all?

Should I just stay with organic beings and not touched other stuff, or what?
>>
>>48785380
Dude.

You need to stop with the b-b-b-b-but other jumps argument. Remember the hours long bullshit about your formatting and how once you knew the context it made sense? This is another one of those situations. Do what others have suggested and lock Archmastery away. MtA did a fine job with this, better than I honestly thought possible given the source material. Look at that jump and use that as a template. Using jumps from IPs that you're unfamiliar with as your justification for doing what you're doing isn't working.

I like that you're enthusiastic and want to make jumps: that's great. However, there's a whole lot of shit you're unaware of and, to be honest, I really don't want to give a few years worth of lessons every time I give feedback. Just understand that the feedback given is given for a reason, and if people are telling you that the majority of jumps do X, then X serves a purpose. If you want to be an exception, the worst way to go about that is to say that other people did it too. If you don't know why they did it and got away with it, then you likely can't pull it off either.
>>
Are there any persistent properties better than the island from Incredibles?
>>
>>48785542
It's only barely different. They're both arguments that magic should work without resistance because people in other worlds will lack something setting specific that normally makes magic less than perfect. It's slightly worse arguing against fort saves, because obviously people will have physical fortitude in other universes, but you're already importing part of Mage's metaphysics just to be able to warp reality at all. You get to warp reality through willpower in a world where the laws of physics aren't a social construct? You should also have to accept that other people will be able to push back against that warping.
>>
>>48785507
Except you do need it for magic to work. Reality in every setting but Mage is static, meaning that thinking "I want X" will make the universe shrug and go "so?" Manipulating reality requires that reality be malleable, and if reality is malleable then Paradox has every reason to exist.
>>
>>48785597
rpg isn't canon
>>
>>48785642
The Museum from Shivers.
>>
>>48785597
The RPG is bad support, since it's built "In-character" by Dresden and his buddies. I mean, not actually disagreeing with you, but just pointing that out so you can use better support for your argument.
>>
>>48785642
Maybe the Darkest Dungeon.
>>
>>48785704
RPG is secondary canon, which means it's true except where it contradicts primary canon.
>>
>>48785666
Are you really saying either paradox has to exist in every world with magic/reality warping and every world without magic/reality warping you can't use your own? Really?
>>
>>48785555
Emotions causing darkside is jedi propaganda. If they aren't cunts about it they should be fine.

>>48785642
Ar tonelico has a really good one.
>>
>>48785380
>Mage's will working is self generated. Paradox is generated by will workers clashing with the wills of other (latent) will workers.
>If you remove the 7 billion surrounding (latent) will workers, there is no Paradox.
Yes, we know that. each individual avatar is basically its own Exalted Creation Engine, imposing its rules on reality. With no other avatars getting in the way, there is no interference, and no paradox.

What other people are saying, is that ALSO means no other person you encounter in other jumps has the potential to awaken.

They would rather jump-chan to handle the inter jump interactions as if all the other humans you meet had sleeping avatars. Yes, this means potentially imposing interference on your avatar manifesting as paradox, BUT it also means you have the potential to awaken some of them, granting them the ability to use magic.

They would rather accept paradox in later jumps hand in hand with the ability to grant others magic.
>>
>>48785642
The nearest contender I can think of is Raven House from the Webmage jump that is a Hawaiian-style island with a magical mansion and butler spirit.
>>
>>48785605
What are you talking about? Paradox carrying over makes zero sense from an in-setting perspective. And, as has already been discussed, drawbacks of magic arbitrarily carrying over isn't at all common.
>>
>>48785747
Yes. Because either reality is malleable, in which case peoples' unconscious desires can change or enforce it, or it's not, in which case magic doesn't exist. Or it's not but it works via fiat, which means it's subject to Paradox via fiat as well.
>>
>>48785788
>as has already been discussed, if I ignore everything that people have said my position is correct.
>>
>>48785597
>books, and supported by the rpg, which makes it an actual game mechanic
The RPG made short cuts, and bad mechanical decisions. It is also a in character constrict.

Do not assume every instance of breaking the law is a stain on the soul, or killing a non human means you got of scot free.
>>
Does anyone have the most recent version of the Incredibles? It doesn't appear to be on the drive.
>>
>>48785642
The territory you can make in Traveler's Gate.
>>
>>48785751
Not that guy, but are you sure? Seems pretty clear that loss leads to the Dark Side all the fucking time.
>>
>>48785642
>Become Earth Elemental
>Get Huge
>Incorporate a bunch of structures into your form
>Be your own property

In all seriousness though "better" is pretty subjective. I'm quite fond of the Astral Plane Fortress from Order of The Stick as it is fully manned with undead, protected by traps, and gives you access to the astral plane from any setting. Having your base be in another plane also makes it untouchable in a good amount of jumps.
>>
>>48783515
Yes you changed the CP in the later version, but you still left this in it:
>Additionally, if your Time Period is J-Day, your Location is the same as your home on your home world, and your Origin is Drop In; you may import individuals you know from your home world into this jump. Like you, they jump into the World of Darkness reflection of their identity. In addition to the benefits available to all companions, they may choose to create a Body Mod at no cost
>>
>>48784587
>>48784590
>>48784590
>>48784610
>>48784920

At various points over several months, links to a comment-able draft of Ascension were posted on this site, and comments were made shortly there after. Couldn't tell you who.

>>48784634
Do you mean Correspondence? And you can accomplish backward time travel with Time 5.

>>48784728
You are correct. This is my first jump and, to be honest, if someone else wanted to do the jump, I'd never have started on it.

I don't really want to limit jumpers - and would like to give them as much free reign as possible - especially in such a 'soft' setting as Ascension.

As for partnering, no one has offered. I'm totally open to it. To my knowledge, no one has expressed a desire to work on Ascension, save myself.

Other than possibly Awakening, I'm not familiar with any jump really similar - and the fundamentals of both settings are pretty different.

However, I didn't use a special section for spheres previously due to a general desire to fit a thematic choice; which is not in place any longer.

>>48784920
Pokemon also only allows you take out a limited number of Pokemon. However, I do believe I understand the point you are making.

I suppose I could not charge CP for spheres at all, and just start everyone off with no knowledge of will working - and just leave it up to the jumper to figure it all out on their own.
>>
>>48785901
What the fuck is this J day bullshit anyway?
>>
>>48785642
The dungeon from Generic Dungeon Builder and the Manor from Spooky's House of Jumpscares. If you consider the ship from Uncharted Waters property it's also pretty useful
>>
>>48785642
It's a tropical island that doesn't have a flight obsessed midget. It's a sham.
>>
>>48785842
>>
>>48785904
So why are you taking everything said there as gospel when everyone who posted on those are the people who come to this thread anyway, meaning you have the same people giving you feedback yet you're shutting down almost everything they say with the justification that the people who commented back then are more important.
>>
>>48785933
Thanks
>>
>>48785666
By now, I understand that you're either trolling or retarded, but that isn't how Mages work. They can change reality with their avatar. The fact that reality is static in other setting doesn't mean a damn thing, because they can still change it. For fucks sake, having billions of latent reality warpings going AGAINST them only makes magic harder, and not even close to impossible. You really think 'static reality' would do jack shit?
>>48785656
You aren't importing a part of Mage's metaphysics. That isn't what allows you to warp reality. What allows you to warp reality is your avatar. Which is bonded to your soul. Not a piece of the underlying fabric of reality that you need to take with you that also limits you. Nothing about your own avatar gives you paradox. It's EVERYONE ELSE'S. Understand?
>>
>>48785910
The exact moment you left this world. The idea seems to be that you can choose for the jump to take place in this world, thus making this world oWoD Mage and letting you get companions from it.
>>
>>48785642
Dahak, once the Empire From The Ashes jump is done. He's a moon. Well, a moon-sized battlestation. Point is he's the Death Star but better and he follows you from jump to jump if you win the scenario. He's a sphere over 1600 kilometers in radius, honeycombed with passages and rooms. There's more living space in him than the inhabitable surface of the Earth. And since he's sapient, and therefore a companion, you can store things in him and they won't go away due to not being in the Warehouse just like the things a companion is holding don't disappear just because they're not in the Warehouse.
>>
>>48785915
Collecting buildings that jump with you has become one of my things in my most recent chain. Does anyone have a list of buildings like these? I know I missed a few already in jumps but... it's sort of my dream to jump with my own little patchwork town wherever I wind up.
>>
>>48785904
Now that you're not using your borked format, you can just mimic Awakenings, right? Do that and you'll be on your way to getting this thing sea worthy.
>>
>>48785656
>It's only barely different. They're both arguments that magic should work without resistance because people in other worlds will lack something setting specific that normally makes magic less than perfect.
I mage the avatar is a thinly veiled refrence to the soul. Yes it is fair ti assume that since humans are assumed to have souls, they could be assumed to have avatars. My contribution the the issue was here >>48784375 where I pointed out the pros and cons of each viewpoint, and here >>48785139 where I gave my opinion on paradox.

Personally, I would rather have the possibility of awakening others to magic through my efforts than be paradox free, because when you are the only one who paradigm effects, you are the only one who gives a flying fuck about the paradigm, and there is no one other factions trying to impose theirs on you.
>>
>>48785963
....doesn't that kind of go against some stuff we do in Jumpchain, like not going back to this world until post spark? And why is it in this Mage jump that has no more reason for it then anyother jump? It seems like just a way to get around not being able to take people from your original life along as companions.
>>
I need scientist companions. Preferably male ones. Anyone know some good options?
>>
>>48785904
>At various points over several months, links to a comment-able draft of Ascension were posted on this site, and comments were made shortly there after. Couldn't tell you who.
And you ignored the vast majority of them too. There were plenty on these exact issues causing shitstorms now when I looked.
>>
>>48785983
Dick wants their jump to be special, obviously.
>>
>>48785983
Yes, it does. Which is why I pointed it out. I think people are focusing on a few of the things wrong with this jump at a time, or getting caught up discussing how the magic works and missing things like this.
>>
>>48785964
Isn't Dahak a Uta class planetoid?
>>
ugh, all this fucking arguing and we haven;t even gotten to talking about all the dumb shit in the actual jump then just limits or no limits on the setting itself.

Guess we can all settle in for the long haul because another stubborn fuckhead like SJ decided they wanted to be creative.
>>
>>48785963
That sounds really shady.
>>
>>48785858
Yeah but part of that is because of Jedi training. They teach them to suppress emotions and as such they tend to snap when they deal with anything of emotional significance because they don't know how to deal with it. It's like someone being raised not being allowed to have chocolate or something, when they get it they're going to overdose.
>>
>>48785963
Pretty sure it's supposed to be "You Jump into the WOD version of your life." rather than "You jump into your world, which is now WOD", given the "Save minor details." bit, and the companion option drags them into their own WOD Ripoff life.
>>
>>48785946
Provide a canon source saying that transplanting someone with an awakened avatar into a world without consensual reality would give you perfect reality warping instead of no reality warping.
>>
>>48786024
SJ at least doesn't take two threads composed almost entirely of yelling at her to make even the most basic changes. This idiot is on a completely different level.
>>
>>48786024
It's looking like it takes him about a day to figure out one change, so at this rate we'll be finished with it by September.

Hopefully.
>>
>>48785983
Yes. There are a lot of problems with this jump. That is not new.
>>
>>48785991
Rick from Rick and Morty. He may be difficult to deal with at times but it's going to be very hard to find a better scientist. Now if you said Female I would have suggested trying to get Washu She is a better scientist but you are likely to wind up experimented on... nothing too bad but she is not good about asking permission.
>>
>>48786054
Agreed. SJ can be irritating, but it doesn't take her several threads to understand one point. As a side note, I'm excited to see what she does with Diablo.
>>
>>48785858
Unfortunately I can't say I'm sure, because it's intentionally left vague.
Unless I'm missing something though it's more like a trauma induced revenge fueled murder rampage leads to the darkside, but feeling angry doesn't. Letting it spiral out of control is the problem that the Jedi tried to solve with suppressing their emotions, but you don't really need to do that if you aren't an unstable fuckwit.

>>48785967
1984 lets you skip all that and gives you a whole city.
>>
>>48786054
True, with her it's generally an hour before she understands something needs to be changed and becomes willing to talk. This guy took a whole thread just to change the way the cp costs looked, not even what they were, just the look.
>>
>>48786075
....Is Washu also from Rick & Morty?
>>
Another Build!
---------------------------------------------------
>>Smite (1000) (90)
>Identity
1000>Rolled 8- Celtic -000
1000>Drop In -000
>Skills
1000>Height of a God -000
0900>Jack -100
0600>Godly Craftsgod (Discount Drop In) -300
0500>Gold -100
0100>Friend- Shau' -400
-300>Friend- Goon -400
>Friend-Shau'
0700>Physical -000
0700>Height of a God -000
0700>Body of a God (Free Physical) -000
0600>Warrior (Discount Physical) -100
0500>Hunter (Discount Physical) -100
0300>Paragon- Hammer Combat (Discount Physical) -200
0000>Entirely too Strong (Discount Physical) -300
>Friend- Goon
0700>Magical -000
0700>Height of a God -000
0700>Mind of a God (Free Magical) -000
0400>Lord + Ability (Discount Magical) -300
0300>Guardian (Discount Magical) -100
0100>Beacon (Discount Magical) -200
0000>Body of a God -100
0000>Sign of Nobility-Training/Minion Creation -000
>Drawbacks
-200>Zeus Wants YOU To Stop Pant Fires +100
0000>My Greatest Enemy? +200
---------------------------------------------------
I don't like this jump. Seems too powergrabby, and I don't know much about the setting apart from 'gods killing each other' That said, companions are getting some good stuff. I was surprised, I figured Goon would be physical, [tanky human summoner] And Shau' would be magical [agility DE pilot and waifu] but it actually fit the reverse.

So general fighting, drinking, etc. Gonna build a kingdom too, probably. See if there's any politics, social or otherwise.
>>
>>48785391

Personally, I'm pretty sure that would NOT work, since return doesn't start a "new game", it just takes you back to exactly when you left.

Maybe post-spark, you could go to a new instance of that world, and I'd consider that to qualify as starting a "new game", but I'm not the jump maker.
>>
>>48786106
No Washu is Tenchi Muyo... Sorry about that.
>>
>>48786044
Well the companion thing explicitly lets you get people from this world, throw them through Bodymod, then bring them along, so I'm doubtful on that.
>>
I need ideas for powers of my stand.

Stand Name: Hybrid Theory

If possible i'd prefer for its powers to resolve around combining and/or taking traits of one thing and giving it to another
>>
>>48785642
>Are there any persistent properties better than the island from Incredibles?
Heh, I like that there are so many other comparable items.

>>48785919
>It's a tropical island that doesn't have a flight obsessed midget. It's a sham.
Have a hug. Maybe there will be a Fantasy Island Jump one day. I will back you up when you ask for the island with included midget caretaker.

>>48785915
>If you consider the ship from Uncharted Waters property it's also pretty useful
Now we need to get a lot of Islands, and make our own Archipelago. With included pirates even!

We have Incredible Island, Raven House, Plant Ar Tonelico on the seabed for a third. Dungeon Builder Dungeon can be a traveling one and go in the water for a 4th. The Tropico Nation.
What else could be part of an archipelago?

And what perks could make it so you ARE still
the ruler of the tropico nation?
>>
>>48786134
Washu is great, but her participation in the Chousin Experiment breaks my heart.
>>
>>48785991
Kurokami Maguro from Medaka Box and Desty Nova from GUNNM are the first to come to mind.

Maguro's personality is... special, and he specializes more in the management portion of it all, so while he doesn't really count (you can give any companion intelligence perks) he'll get any local scientists working for you real swell. Although, he's a great analyst and can get the best from any special abilities you find or acquire, so he can support you well in that front.

Desty Nova... well, you won't have to worry about him being held back by any sort of morality or conscience. Also, I'm fairly certain he made the Imaginos stuff in the setting. The one that can continually evolve and let people move at meaningful fractions of c during combat and take over a planet's surface by absorbing the machinery there into their own body.

Honorable mention goes to Armsmaster from Worm, who isn't very notable on a Jumper-scale fresh out of his jump of origin despite his unbelievable drive to excel.
>>
>>48786169
>implying make reality and then shake it until god falls out is a bad thing.
>>
>>48786095
Neat I'll look in to it. Though I still like the idea of collecting buildings
>>
>>48786014
You're right, I missed that. It gives you an Asgerd, not a Utu, so it can't be Dahak. One of his siblings, then.
>>
>>48786140
I like my idea more. It gives me hope that this might not take a week to get through all the shitstorms.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>Rolling for 91
1.Order of the Stick
2.MSN
3.MT
4.Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
5.thread's choice?
>>
>>48786186
What do you think would happen if you used a perk or item to prove that there was a greater existence than the Chousin? When they mention the experiment just randomly prove it and see what happens?
>>
>>48786169
She didn't know until she did know. She literally sealed away her memories of it until Tokimi unlocked them. Also her role in it was just to relearn everything from scratch, Tsunami tried to clone a race from herself that would produce a god greater than them and Tokimi is the one who did horrible horrible things to try and shake the universe enough that a god fell out.
So while she does bear some guilt there... it's kind of debatable how much. I'd still companion her personally.
>>
>>48785933
I think the maker is going to update the jump yo add a monologuing drawback.

Any other drawbacks you can think of?

Maybe a Jak-Jak-Jumper, where your powers are not under your complete control at the beginning of the jump, and take several years to gain complete control?

Or since it is theorized his powers would 'settle' as he gets older, a drawback where you start with all your powers, but have to give some up on a continuing basis, and by the end of the jump can only have powers along a particular theme?
>>
>>48785991
Farnsworth from Futurama?
He invented a cardboard box that held an entire universe inside it.
>>
Did Wreck-it ralph have a jump or was I imaging things when I thought I saw it somewhere.
>>
>>48786311
Pretty sure you're just imagining things, though a Wreck-it Ralph jump WOULD be cool.
>>
>>48786197
That's arguably better. Dahak has personality, but the Asgerd are larger and more powerful than the Utu.
>>
>>48786280
I think that's what the Jumper-Jumper drawback is for, though it also makes you a baby...

Have you read the comics? They got cancelled unfortunately but they'd already explained how he ended up with so many different powers.

Helen Parr was exposed to an alien virus while pregnant with Jack-Jack. When he gets sick his sneezes can grant normal people superpowers that are dangerous to the users health, or supercharge the powers of a natural super for a few minutes at the cost of exhausting them and leaving them sick when it wears off.
>>
>>48786354
I'm suddenly glad I never read the comics.
>>
>>48786354
That spoiler feels like something straight outta the Silver Age.

I like it.
>>
File: Just Here For Violence.jpg (76KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Just Here For Violence.jpg
76KB, 720x960px
>>48785904
Jump 45- Mage The Ascension
Time Period- J-day
Location- North America
Origin (300): Drop In Savvy Arete 10

Drawbacks:
Crossover +0- Nothing lives in a vacuum.
Hot War +200- All is loud on the western front.
Lone Wolf +200- Better that way all things considered.

Perks
Spheres x9 1 dots (1200)- Wizard batman, without an Alfred.
Soundtrack of Darkness- Not my speed, but might be useful to mess with someone or something.
It Can't Rain All The Time- The noir intensifies.
Strangeness- Middle of the road, speak not to the new neighbor or listen to his wish to spread the word of Johjus.
Arcane Cloaking (1300)- Which way did he go, George? Take your best guess.

Gear
Sanctum (1350)- A hideout.

I think this might be the first one, so have an unsurprising one true build. Same city and same chair where this all began, but a different home with no one around but the clock and the neighbor next door with their constant stream of Johj. The wizards are out in force tonight, and a letter from the local Prince slips through the mail slot as I turn on the radio to distract from the noise of another evocation. The room shakes hard enough to displace a fine layer of construction dust over everything, and three dog tells me about how a local man ruins everything. Meanwhile there's a rather frenzied pounding at the door while the broken levee sends down a flood torrent in this nasty weather we've been having. None of it reaches me, my attention is consumed solely by the all pervading question I get while soaking in the dissonant nostalgia. How is it that not even the world of darkness can make the future of this shitty imitation any less bleak?

I decided I need a vacation, at anywhere but here. My visitor through the door growls even as the splinters assault him when marshaled by the clock. The neighbor joins the fray to protest as I continue packing momentos and leave only an explosion to the chorus of detonations.
>>
>>48786044
>and the companion option drags them into their own WOD Ripoff life.
"I dragged you a 'Twilight Zone' dimension created just for you!"
"Hell is DEFINITELY real now, and God is a total asshole"
"Vampires can devour souls. Yours would probably be destroyed forever it they did it to you."
"And I took the "Guaranteed Apocalypse" option for more CP."
"Your Welcome!"
>>
>>48786354
>That spoiler
What. Well, that's a thing.
>>
>>48786415
"But I get superpowers, right?" said most of the friends you'd want to drag in.
>>
So we were talking about Quicksilver recently.

So have something related

http://vscocum.tumblr.com/post/148884469727/professor-maple-mod-phoenix-phoenix#notes
>>
>>48786462
We've all seen that at this point.
>>
>>48786354
>I think that's what the Jumper-Jumper drawback is for, though it also makes you a baby...

It makes you a baby, and powers come on line gradually. You never loose full control of them.

A Jak-Jak-Jumper would not effect your age, but would make you powers be less controlled (in a G rated fashion, so no auto fatalities)
>>
>>48786484
>>48786462

Where's the video originally from?
>>
>>48786513
X-Men Apocalypse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIcOFvWqjk
>>
>>48786435
>said most of the friends you'd want to drag in.
What is this 'friends' thing? I thought I was bringing all the people I loathed into a Death World.
>>
>>48786531
Thank you
>>
>>48786546
Doesn't being a companion mean they don't stay dead? Other than an inferiority complex from not being you, companions pretty much gain nothing but benefits, which would probably be worth the occasional death world where they occasionally have to be dead for a short bit.
>>
>>48786546
To be fair, the logical choice (in my opinion) is someone you like enough to keep around and give them a ton of power, but not someone you care enough about the physical, emotional, and spiritual well being that you wouldn't put them through various hell worlds and leaving all their friends that you don't have space for every few years.
>>
File: image.png (386KB, 684x1127px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386KB, 684x1127px
So I found out why Kaguya clan was dangerous

And also why we only seen a male of that clan, except for the Kaguya otsutsuki
>>
File: entropy 5.png (12KB, 737x173px) Image search: [Google]
entropy 5.png
12KB, 737x173px
I think mage the ascension might be too op for jumping if this is any indication of what's to come.
>>
>>48786462
Quicksilver is a fucking DMC character.
>>
>>48786014
>Dahak a Uta class planetoid?
>>48786197
>It gives you an Asgerd, not a Utu, so it can't be Dahak.
Ok, I have not read the trilogy in a while, but at the end, Dahak uses his hull as a weapon to torpedosplode the enemy flagship.
But arranges a transfer of consciousness ot another, Newer and Bigger 5th Empire ship. Presumably THAT is your reward.
>>
>>48786688
My god, if you combine that with Guerilla Futurism (MTAW), Piano Key Necktie (Runway), Rumormonger (Persona), and Advertise Like A Shameless Whore (Youtube), you could create the greatest meme in all of the multiverse.
>>
>>48786709
Apparently this whole sequence took a month and a half to make, using 6000 fps camera that also had to move at 90 kph at times
>>
>>48786771
Worth it, because it was better than the rest of the movie, honestly.
>>
>>48786767
>My god, if you combine that with Guerilla Futurism (MTAW), Piano Key Necktie (Runway), Rumormonger (Persona), and Advertise Like A Shameless Whore (Youtube), you could create the greatest meme in all of the multiverse.
Like "A Fire upon the Deep" level memes?
Why would you want to so that?
>>
>>48786767
Make sure you do the deed in SCP for maximum "fun"
>>
>>48786822
I have no clue what that means.
For science/ curiosity/ amusement!
>>
>>48786884
>I have no clue what that means.
Imagine an unbound clarke tech AI. It's memes can reprogram you into an instance of itself. Both computers of the silicon variety, and organic ones, like the one in your skull.
>>
Thank you for everyone who provided feedback. I don't want to be a disruptive element, which it seems that I am.

Upon reflection, jump making may not for me, and I'm going back to playing existing jumps. I'm not a part of this community (or a 4chan user at all). I do not understand the nuances of it, how you play your jumpchains, or how you choose to build them. It was a mistake to try to insert myself here, and I apologize.

As I pointed out at the end of my jump, anyone one is free to make another Mage: The Ascension jump, if they are so inclined.

If my thoughts matter on this topic, if you as a community have very strong feelings on the structure and rules a jump should follow, I implore you to write up a style guide or rule reference sheet for new jumper creators to be able to view and refer - and to place the document on the drive in a prominent location.
>>
>>48787213
Man was created by God. Stop propagating this lie in that we are "computers". Computers do not have souls, computers cannot love, computers cannot cry.
>>
>>48787317
Aaand just like that, another jumpmaker has been driven away.
>>
File: 1419989656094.png (41KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1419989656094.png
41KB, 625x626px
>>48787334
>>
>>48787334
>Man was created by God. Stop propagating this lie in that we are "computers"
Yes yes, you are very special. Some memes will still overwrite your brain.
>>
>>48787353
People spent hours giving suggestions on how to change and pointing out problems. It's his choice to refuse to change and stick to his guns.
>>
>>48787317
Quit being a pussy, your jump is fine.
>>
>>48787334
>computers cannot cry.
Not with that Attitude!
>>
>>48787317
All you need to do is lurk more. Give it a week or so before disappearing like that. Maybe you'll figure it out and gel, maybe not. Really I think you have a servicable outline to work with it just needs fine tuning.
>>
>>48782872
This is not grimdark, it's grimderp.
>>
>>48787436
That is a common criticism of it, yes. It's not quite so bad when it gets spaced out over the course of an entire series (the full length of Worm is that of multiple novels, it's a lot of ground to cover) but there are definitely points where Wildbow needs to back off and give the characters a chance to recover before dumping more shit on them.
>>
>>48781557
DESTROY
>>
>>48787461
I don't get why the hell do all the monsters appear and terrorize everyone and why is killing feel so great for the alien? If there's no foreshadowing I guess it's the common disease of capeshit.
>>
>>48787317
There's a JumpChain Template in Quicksilver's Jumps on the Drive, dude.

We've evolved beyond some pieces of it, but a good portion of it remains true and helpful today.
Check out the other jumps on the drive, try to get a feel for what the 'average' jump should look like.

>>48787334
Hi ChristianAnon!
How are things in the Bible Belt this evening?
Just kidding, I already know how it is. I live there too.
>>
>>48787385
I don't know, I've always been skeptical of the idea of basilisk hacks and infectious memes and all that. There's only so much information you can convey through human senses, and given that the brain is a neural net you'd need a fairly sophisticated program to hack it. Without forcing someone's eyelids open and blaring brainwashing at them for hours at a time, I doubt you could rewrite them to any practical degree. If an AI wanted to suborn a human, it would have a much easier time with technology that gave it direct access to the brain. Nanotech is a classic for those purposes, but I can think of some trans-cranial magnetic stimulation devices that might be adapted for it.
>>
>>48787387
You mean the angry powerwanker guy.
>>
>>48787317
Your jump is pretty good actually, it is just that you chose to do a setting that would trigger portions of the thread no matter how it is done.
>>
>>48787509
Oh, don't worry, there's foreshadowing. If you read the comments people had mostly guessed the big plot twists well in advance, though they missed the specifics. But they got the general outline of "powers are how some alien species reproduces, Scion is one of those aliens, Cauldron's killed one of them before, Jack Slash is an asshole". There were some red herrings, but for the most part the reveals managed to balance surprise with plausibility.
>>
>>48787317
>jump making may not for me
Jump-making is not for everyone, true. You've given something that can be worked with, however, and it's obvious you put a lot of effort into it.

>I'm not a part of this community
Then lurk more, honestly.

>I do not understand the nuances of it
You can always learn.

>It was a mistake to try to insert myself here, and I apologize.
To be perfectly honest, most of your problems come from lack of knowledge/experience in the community. This could have largely been avoided had you given more updates or posted here more often. Really, there were only two or three distinct times when you were available for response, so it can't really be said that you "inserted yourself" or even made much of an attempt. Keep in mind that you're almost never talking to the same people, so you should not just not post for months in-between.

Also, do not apologize just for receiving criticism. You haven't personally slighted anyone, made a good effort; and it just gives fuel to the more toxic members of this community, whose presence -- I must repeat -- varies significantly even hourly.

Also: >>48787525 .
>>
>>48787552
Where?
>>
>>48787509
>why the hell do all the monsters appear
You mean Case-53s?
They're people kidnapped from alternate realities and forcefed potions made from Scion's dead waifu, which grant corrupted powers via connection to dead Shards, which are also pieces of Scion's dead wife.

>>48787509
>why is killing feel so great for the alien?
He… It doesn't normally have emotions as humans think of them. Scion has a 'human' avatar that he uses to interact with Earth Bet, and he emulates human emotions, poorly.
He's basically a very low functioning autistic person, trying to pretend to be normal and failing terribly. He's an idiot.
>>
>>48787660
I think he means the Endbringers, not the Case 53s. In which case it's because the Entities reproductive cycle needs conflict, so there are these giant monsters meant to stir up conflict when things get too peaceful. Problem is that they're stuck in the On position, possibly due to Eidolon's powers reacting to a subconscious desire for strong opponents.
>>
File: 1460671398488.gif (334KB, 293x181px) Image search: [Google]
1460671398488.gif
334KB, 293x181px
>>48787533
Don't Basilisk hacks only make you grand-mal/go into a coma? Then the exurgents come out and reprogram you while you can't fight back.
>>
>>48787681
Which is doubly hilarious because the Endbringer Truce is part of what keeps things from going fully feudal and keeps conflict from escalating beyond a given point with only a handful of exceptions globally, like the Slaughterhouse Nine in North America.
>>
>>48787705
Basilisk hacks can do a lot of things, depending on the work of fiction. Them giving you a seizure is the most common, though, which is where they get their name.
>>
>>48787716
Well, sort of. The Endbringer Truce keeps things from getting as bad as it could be, but there are still a lot of failed governments world-wide because of parahumans establishing themselves as warlords. It's just that the narrative doesn't really go into them aside from going "oh, yeah, that continent is fucked".
>>
>>48787740
Hopefully we'll get a bigger look into the world after he finishes Twig and starts Worm 2.

He should have just written more stories in the wormiverse desu, but good on him for trying two completely different genres.
>>
>>48787740
Yeah, but without the Endbringers it'd fall apart faster.
>>
File: Cirno.full.386905.jpg (264KB, 1100x850px) Image search: [Google]
Cirno.full.386905.jpg
264KB, 1100x850px
>>48781557
>why though?
>>
>>48787766
Oh, sure. I'm just saying, the world hasn't gone full feudal but it's gone at least... I don't know, 40% feudal sounds about right. The CUI alone counts for 14% of the world's population.
>>
>>48787802
>CUI
?
>>
>>48787758
Honestly I'm glad he didn't - I'd say I'm enjoying Twig more than I did Worm (although really it's apples and oranges - they're noth pretty great, IMO)
>>
>>48787766
Whoa, man. For a moment there, I thought you were Clover.
>>
>>48787891
China
>>
>>48787891
Chinese Union Imperial. They're a parahuman-run military coup that's overthrown the Communist government of China and installed a puppet emperor so they can play on this weird Chinese Neo-Conservative propaganda. They're considered one of the larger non-Endbringer threats in the setting, but since they don't impact Taylor except for one arc they barely get mentioned. What we do see of them is pretty cool, though.
>>
>>48787916
isn't that the PRC?
Peoples Republic?
>>
>>48787932
>>48787916
That actually sounds very interesting, thanks.
>>
>>48787934
Alternate timeline.
>>
>>48787945
They're actually the reason that the fight with Scion is won, in the end. Part of the reason they're so powerful is that they have two ridiculously broken Trumps. One of them has the power to divide another person's powers among a group, so you could split it between ten people and each would get it at a tenth the strength. The other Trump has the power to strengthen powers. So between the two of them, every parahuman in their army has the powers of every other parahuman. Not as strong as the original, but strong enough to be effective. I think Taylor says that it's about a third the strength of the original. That gets pretty OP when you've got dozens of parahumans. Anyway, in the finale when Taylor becomes Khepri and gets the power to perfectly Master anyone, she grabs their Trumps and has them network all the Tinkers together. Every Tinker gets every Tinker specialty, and then they all work together making a big transdimensional super-laser that they shoot Scion with after opening a portal to his true body. It's pretty cool.
>>
For Incredibles, since Wardrobe makes upgrades shared across all of your suits would importing multiple outfits as suits spread their properties across both each other and any other suits Wardrobe provides?
>>
File: R2-DeadToo.jpg (160KB, 634x753px) Image search: [Google]
R2-DeadToo.jpg
160KB, 634x753px
Good Night Sweet Prince.
>>
Question to DBanon:

In the Dungeon Builder jump, you mention the maximum size of a floor. What is it, and are there any other requirements that any dungeon has to adhere to?

Can one assign all the Special Qualities to all the monsters, or is it one per monster?

Bestowment – can I buy it more than once? Do I have to pay for the perk in addition to buying Bestowment?
>>
>>48787902
agreed. Twig is amazing, especially after the first couple of arcs
>>
A quick question about keyblade, do they come with resistant to outside power and influence? Like being resistance to elemental damage, or mind control or superpowers?
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.