[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neil Gaiman-verse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: american-gods-book-cover-image.jpg (55KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
american-gods-book-cover-image.jpg
55KB, 329x500px
I want to run a game set in the Gaiman-verse. Primarily the American Gods parts, though I'm not adverse to dipping into London Below or the Hemstock's domain. Death and company may also make an appearance.

Do you think it would be more fun to have my players be humans who have just become aware of the world of old and new gods, or be newly formed new gods? Any ideas for interesting NPCs?

I don't have a system in mind either, is there one that would be suitable?
>>
Unknown Armies or World of Darkness both seem to fit thematically, although your system choice really depends on what you want the game to focus on, we know the setting but what would be the subject?
>>
>>48789314
>>48788742

Scion. The Game even sites American Gods as a driving inspiration, right down to the Norse-wank.

Additionally, the game is designed to allow for players to start as humans newly awakened to the realm of the Gods and go all the way up to Titan fuckery.
>>
>>48790867
You're a fucking monster.
>>
>>48790877

You'll shut your cockhole if you know what's good for you.
>>
>>48790877
>>48791003
can I have some context for this?
>>
>>48791112

No context. Scion is a great d10 system done by the same people behind the World of Darkness. It allows for people to play as the children of Gods from a wide variety of pantheons as they slowly progress to Godhood.
>>
>>48791112
Scion is a godawful (kek) game.
>>
>>48791157
nice arguments, bro
>>
>>48791136
>>48791157
>>48791178
Ah, so the same reason as most /tg/ arguments, carry on
>>
>>48791157
>>48791178

He's not wrong, though he does exaggerate. Scion 1ed had a lot of flaws - poor balancing, not a lot of flexibility, and using the same fucking term for three separate and setting-critical elements was just retarded.

But overall it was a great idea. Would have fit in fine with their World of Darkness setting and system.
>>
>>48789314
You misspelled Nobilis.
>>
>>48790867
Great, thanks. Do you have a PDF by any chance? I'm at work and can't scour the net effectively right now?
>>
>>48791178
>This game is good because I like it
Right back at you, brosef.
>>
>>48790867
Scion mechanically sucks. 2E is coming and I hope is better but if the anon wants to play now, scion is a goddamned mess.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.