[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS13: d20

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client. There's games other than SS13, but enter those at your own risk.
BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/
You'll also want a BYOND account,which gives you a ckey so you can save preferences and be recognized by the game. It's highly recommended to make an account if you're experiencing connection issues or don't want to be a fat tourist/starving space bum.

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>How do I play
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter) and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC. There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game or being a dick. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>D20 wiki where?
http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/

>When does everyone play?
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: https://www.ss13.se/servers/3031/

>Who are these tripfaggots?
Usually admins/coders in the server.
>>
>>48787287
>the TTV is still alive in engineering
I wonder what causes that phenomena, because I remember just dropping it next to the TEG that time instead of putting it in a locker or anything.
>>
>>48790796
Maybe popping enough bombs at the same time prevents it from deleting itself?
>>
>>48791765
Possibly, I know the interesting thing with it is that whenever you detonate a TTV and it stays there, the gases in the tanks seemed to have reacted.
>>
>>48791843
There wouldn't be an explosion if the gasses didn't react.
>>
>>48792145
True, It's just neat seeing the tanks actually traded the gases and the resulting byproduct of the explosion.
>>
>suddenly 5 people in the lobby
>4 ready up
get in here if you want to get your spaceman wet
>>
So how does this work? Does it have actual gameplay like crafting, combat etc. or do u just write what ur character is supposed to be doing.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/5815270/
>>
>>48792634
It has actual gameplay, there's an antagonist onboard who's given objectives. You as a normal spaceman need to survive various hazards, do your job, try not to get killed by the antag and so on. There's plenty of stuff to do, why not join the server and find out.
>>
>>48792634
It's a real time simulation game where you control a spaceman on a spacestation with other spacemen who are also controlled by people.

There's simulation of the air which you can potentially use as a weapon.
Crafting and construction are mostly done by tools and materials. Some items can only be crafted by machines (this is called printing an item).
Combat involves grabbing, throwing, shooting, punching, disarming, etc..
There's also some mining for materials, often paired with NPC mobs trying to kill you.
Chemistry for medicine, grenades, botany and making special mixdrinks in the bar.
Research to unlock new printable items and circuitboards that you need to build machines.
>>
>shuttle in 30 seconds
>connection failed

why.png
>>
>>48793563
Don't forget genetics which gives you super powers which you can use to help you survive or help you kill other players.
>>
>>48793779
Seems to be back up now
>>
Now you nerds can't die on me
>>
>get antag
>do nothing for hours
why
>>
>>48796947
because "Stealth" antag
>>
>clown breaks into armory, apparently loading up
>sneak around to the back entrance, hack in
>he's there in a riot suit with a shield
>fires a couple of nt10 rounds at me
>go up to stun him after he shoots himself with a burst
>he clips me with a bullet, i batter at his shield with a ghetto stunbaton
>clunk
>clunk
>SHHP
>finally found an opening
>he's out for the count, cuff him
>he says 'it was a prank! they're non lethal!'
>find m1911 in his bag
>'really? cool, let me try!'
>shoot out both of his kneecaps
>by the time i get him to the front sec door he's at 29 blood
fucking rip

>Aiden Goo [145.9] says, "some real mafia shit"
>>
>>48797147
OH! that explains why he broke both his legs twice.
>>
>be me, scientist who hasn't played for ages
>that's a lie, be actually a changeling who ate me
>D&D game starting outside SS13 and I just got changeling
>ask admin to dechangeling me
>no response
>admin went to dinner
>slowly do science while playing D&D at the same time. D&D going super slow
>screw it, can''t make things boring
>check notes, have to kill engineer and capture clown brain
>load up on beepsky smash because that's what's available from drinks counter
>engineer is in dorms afk, probably eating dinner
>hit him with beepsky smash via drink
>lock door, remove headset
>grab round neck
>whisper apology as he goes unconscious
>stab him with tiny tiny proboscis to drain bodily fluids
Engineer sustains minor cut!
Engineer screams!
>wail of agony from stunned, unconscious engineer echoes from speakers and carries through station
>oh shit
>slurp up his bodily fluids as fast as I can
>door unlocks just as I finish
>cargo tech heard it, barges in
>oh shit oh shit
>shoot him with 15 ccs of beepsky smash
>he calls out position and name
>oh shit oh shit
>whip out plasma cutter and slice his chest off, drag him into room, lock door
>panic.jpg
>hear third person start to weld in
>grab last syringe, fumble it into syringe gun
>burst out door and shoot the wall instead of surprised doctor
>she attacks with welder, me with plasma cutter
>due to dodging and her running out of fuel, I survive with a sliver of health
>drag her body in too
>PANIC.PNG
>grab engineer ID, stuff everyone in wardrobe
>drag everyone into engineering
>still panicking
>strip doctor, change into her clothes, sting extract DNA, drop clothes in wardrobe, smash window to space, space wardrobe
>heal damage with medkit badly because new healing system
>try to get back to science because that's where all my stuff is
>I threw my ID out into space
>fortunately kept my plasma cutter
>can't find clown
>new assistant sees me put away engineer ID as I go into medbay
>power goes down as he tries to trap me
>>
>>48798950
>break out with plasma cutter
>can't find clown
>can't find clown anywhere
>fuck it, murdered half the population, time to call shuttle and go home
>WILD SEC OFFICER appears
>oh shit I can't break in because he's hanging around the bridge
>try to break into bridge through side wall
>remember I scored yellow glubs in engineering
>hack into armoury, steal an erifle
>go to break into bridge
>assistant already through first window
>he chases me! Flee like the coward I am!
>Help me, sec officer! He's breaking into the bridge!
>sec officer gives chase to assistant
>use the chance to steal cap ID, call shuttle
>try to find clown for brain
>no clown
>clown is dead and not on scanners
>assistant has honk mech
>flee from honk mech
>d/c 30 seconds before shuttle arrives
>wake up magically on shuttle
>too cowardly to try anything before shuttle arrives
>two objectives met by mass bungling of murders and panicking too much
>bring much shame to grand changeling race ;_;
>>
>>48799059
what really saved you from getting bonked when you were hiding in the dorms was me both running out of fuel and you running back into the dark room so I lost sight of you. Oh and me forgetting I had laser eyes.
>>
>>48799096
You stood still at the door allowing me to get accurate hits in, that helped. Next time remember to dodge!

Unless stamina makes dodging a worse prospect. It didn't look like it did, though.

Sorry for taking so long to call the shuttle!
>>
>>48799234
The plasma cutter hurt a lot and the lack of room made dodging not much of a good idea, so I was unable to dodge by that point.
>>
>>48799260
You can dodge if there are two spaces to move in, anon!
>>
>>48799355
Not when you're poorly fed and down to <40% health
>>
>>48799422
You just have to get the timing down right, to move back when they move forwards or sideways when you think they're about to attack! Even one misclick by them may be life or death!
>>
>>48799544
I shoulda used my fuckin sick ass laser eyes first or the saw instead, at least then I'd get a chance to make you bleed out.
>>
Any one up for a game? I've got one other person the server with me.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.