[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just had an Idea, is it a bad one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Horror Adventures.jpg (98KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Adventures.jpg
98KB, 500x613px
So I saw pic at my LGS, I thumbed through it but ultimately decided to get the 5th Bestiary instead. But it got me thinking:

Why not set up a campaign around the idea of the PC's being in a clearly horror-themed setting, with all the atmosphere and trappings of a horror setting, but kept a 'heroic' tone for the adventure itself?

A better way to describe the premise is this:

The world is a typical horror/slasher-type setting with homicidal maniacs and horrible supernatural monsters run rampant and most people are just victims waiting to meet some horrible, grisly end, except the PC's who've decided "enough is enough! we're going to fight back" and go on some crusade to defeat the murderers and monsters who have taken over.

I kinda thought out that, in-lore, the world used to be a nicer place but some diety of murder, mayhem, and nightmares found a way to take away the other God's abilities to influence the world while increasing his own, so that his 'worshipers' and chosen could run amok with all the divine favor and no one else could oppose them.

The PC's would start at lvl 1, to represent that they are not "larger than life" heroes of old, but little more than regular people who just decided that they want to fight back rather than just follow horror tropes. but as they manage to succeed, they would little-by-little become the epic heroes that could legitimately become legends and lead others to follow them, and possibly restoring the other Gods to power to ensure that when the world is set right, it stays that way.

It was just an idea I was playing with at work today...

Thoughts?
>>
>>48786266
>A Pathfinder player's mind is blown by Ravenloft
>>
>>48786438
>Hurr Durr Ravenloft
Yes, but with the premise that the PC's will actually fix it, rather than just wallow in the edginess until they either shift alignment or the players get sick of the bullshit.
>>
Sure. Everything except the players are low fantasy horror.
>>
Sure. Play Hunter, either Reckoning or Vigil. Stop trying to cram shit into PF that doesn't belong there. If Paizo can't do it (and they can't) neither can you.
>>
>>48788457

>don't use your imagination to try and create things
>give up and spend money on other stuff

This is especially strange since the OP is just talking about plot things that have nothing to do with the system.
>>
>>48788596
See, that's where you're wrong. If the system worked for this, OP would just be off doing it and being thankful for such a great system that does exactly what OP wants.

Unlike you, OP clearly fucking knows better. Cross-genre bullshit like "Game of Thrones, but d20," "Buffy, but d20," or "Evangelion, but d20" are always, *always* shit. OP wants his dick sucked and told that his idea is totally revolution and here's a 3-step process to make it even more amazing and it's not going to fucking happen.

This is not a story that the posted system is designed to tell. Every page of the system is designed for a different story and trying to fucking cram that story into it will result in torn assholes and tears.

If you want to tell a story about ordinary people fighting against things that go bump in the night that is *not* Pathfinder, and pretending it is bullshit. If you want to play normies learning to fight the darkness, beg, borrow, or steal one of the games designed for that instead of yet another failed d20 retread.
>>
>>48788865

...no OP wants to know if this idea for a setting he came up with can be done in Pathfinder.

You are assuming a lot of things about the OP because you are a troll who wants people to feel bad and not have fun because you are unhappy with your life.

So leave, troll, and go to another board where people will think you are so cool for shitting on other people's ideas.

I'm done feeding you.
>>
>>48786266

You might wanna look at Commoner classes in Pathfinder. Even lvl 1 characters are actually pretty badass in comparison to an average joe.
>>
>>48788960
He is right though
>>
>>48788960

Wank yourself as hard as you want. The idea's shit, "let's use Pathfinder for something other than Pathfinder" is shit, and it's gonna fail miserably again this time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.