[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can murderhobos be explained by Dragon Sickness? Also, general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Can murderhobos be explained by Dragon Sickness?

Also, general interesting afflictions thread
>>
>>48783852
Is Dragon Sickness "a thing" or is it merely a spook?
>>
>>48784400
>>48783852
I feel like cursed treasure hoards make for neat post dungeon adventures

Continually casts suggestion on nearby pcs
>>
>>48783852
>Can strange and hard-to-understand human behavior be explained away with a made-up mental illness?
Yes, but that doesn't mean it actually is one.

If a dismissive explanation for something can easily be found in any circumstance, including ones where it's untrue and inaccurate, then it's not a very useful one.
>>
>>48784550
I'm not trying to explain it away. I'm trying to bridge the gap between behavior and narrative.
>>
>>48783852

I thought the whole hobo part meant a general apathy towards hoarding gold. But I mean yeah, it's as good an explanation as I can think of.

As for interesting afflictions, it probably doesn't count as an affliction but I've always been a fan of time displacement powers. Any curse or disease that causes a character to age exponentially, lose/gain days or years of time, or experience stopped time until they rot away.

Back when the Epic Level Handbook for 3rd ed was a thing (and everything was hideously unbalanced) I would use the Phage to essentially directly fuck with players by having them repeat actions, or, in one infuriating session, an entire minor quest.

The great part is that depending on your philosophy in regards to the stability of time travel hijinks, you can either make repeat moments into giant parties or absolute nightmare. All you have to do is try to convey to them the flexibility and durability of time.

So maybe they have to repeat the last week and that means now they can fuck with assholes who tried to ambush them, take chances on risky endeavours they didn't try the first time, and be insufferable twats to npcs.

Or maybe doing anything too differently in the past is going to cause paradoxes so catastrophic to the fabric of reality that they will end all of existence.

Or maybe none of this matters anyways because it's all just a temporal prison created by a hungry demigod that feeds off of time and loves fucking with its victims and they have to break out of the curse some other way.

And because I'm on a roll, I will also mention that fluff wise one epic level encounter with a Phage took place over the course of a century in real time, while party members were being displaced all over the fucking place. They ended up killing the Phage about 300 years before any of the pcs were even born. Which made for an excellent plot hook for the next session.
>>
>>48787752

Shit, Phane sorry.
>>
>>48787752
>I would use the Phage to essentially directly fuck with players by having them repeat actions, or, in one infuriating session, an entire minor quest.

>They ended up killing the Phage about 300 years before any of the pcs were even born. Which made for an excellent plot hook for the next session.

Why in the hell haven't you typed up several paragraphs detailing these adventures and posted them?
>>
>>48788088

I'm shit at writing.

I blame the years playing Epic level 3rd edition
>>
A strange disease that causes the afflicted to fall asleep without waking up, the people who are infected have their dreams shared amongst each other. Each person is subjected to their worst nightmares (literally since they're dreaming), and they either manage to conquer their nightmares and learn to shape the dream as they please akin to Lucid Dreaming or succumb to the dream and go insane.

Eventually they'll all suddenly be cured of this mysterious illness, and those who took control of the dream will find themselves with 3 levels of Great Old One Warlock, while those who failed will die outright, attack others on sight, or be conpletely mad (usually committing suicide before long). About one in twenty people with the disease will have the willpower to not lose their mind, and those that survived all shared a linked dream where they had the powers of a god (Wherein about a half of said survivors spend too much time sleeping and let their body wither away)

In the end, the disease was caused by a curious Old One who wanted to know about how and why mortals dream since it could never sleep and couldn't comprehend the concept, and didn't care either way for if the afflicted became more powerful or died.
>>
>>48783852
Have the treasure be cursed/laced with an ophidian-like venom, slowly turning the party reptilian/ draconian the longer they keep the gold
Kinda a mixture of the Narnia gold curse from dawn trader and the cursed aztec gold from PoTC
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.