[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mtg modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 34

File: Image (1).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

I love fish cunt edition

Eldritch Moon card image gallery:
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eldritch-moon

Don't post your casual decks here please.
>>
File: 1471005531407.png (12KB, 217x482px) Image search: [Google]
1471005531407.png
12KB, 217x482px
>>48783390

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

TIERS ARE USAGE-BASED. A Tier 2 deck may be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific Metagame.
>>
Currently own Abzan, but it's Ben losing pretty bad at my LGS these past couple weeks. Thinking of switching over to Jund finally, but idk if my meta is right for it. There are 3 Jeskai Nahiri, 2 Burn, Merfolk, Bant Eldrazi, 8-wack, elves, RG-Breach, Tron, and a couple other odd decks not worth mentioning.
>>
>>48783652
Junk should have a better match up against merfolk and burn. Also it has loxodon smiter and voice against Nahiri. Have you tried worship?
Have you tried worship
>>
The Legacy guys are setting up a weekly tournament on Xmage. Would the Modern general be interested in something like that?
>>
File: 117[1].jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117[1].jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Loam Dredge or Bridge Dredge?
>>
>>48785737
Bridge.

Loam is more consistent and resilient but that's not really important, if you are playing dredge you should be just trying to win as quickly and brutally as possible.
>>
File: 1615_full.jpg (155KB, 640x471px) Image search: [Google]
1615_full.jpg
155KB, 640x471px
Someone help me make a cheesy deck using ripple and wheel of sun and moon.
>>
>>48783816
Abzan midrange, not liege. I don't play Smiter or Voice. Also never tried worship
>>
This is a deck I want to play.

4 Judge's familiar
4 Dryad militant
4 Noble hierarch
4 Voice or resurgence
4 Thalia 1.0
3 Qasali Pridemage
4 Loxodon smiter
4 Knight of the reliquary

4 Path to exile
3 Mana tithe

What should my manabase look like? I want to take advantage of KoR growing with lands being in the graveyard so some fetchs are a given but I also want to tutor up some cool land like cavern of souls,tec edge/ghost and sejiri steppe. I should have 22 slots.
>>
>>48787352
4 shocks
4 fetches
some basics
then here's some ideas for other ones: Grove of the Guardian, Westvale Abby, Gavony Township, Flagstones of Tarkir (you'll need at least 2), Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Stirring Wildwood, Horizon Canopy
>>
>>48787528
4 Windswept Heath
4 Temple Garden
2 Horizon Canopy
2 Forest
2 Plains
4 Flagstones
2 Gavony Township
1 Sejiri Steppe
1 Cavern of souls

Does this look decent?
>>
>>48787661
Sure. I don't know if I'd go 4 flagstones, since they only get plains and you've only got 8 lands you can actually sac to KoR. You could get a Mistveil Plains somewhere in there as well, in case you want to put any lands back into your library and it's a plains you can fetch up or sac.
>>
>>48787695
Okay, I'll cut a flagstones for a forest. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>48787528
>Flagstones of Tarkir
These are the retards that Wizards panders to.
>>
>>48787853
It's an honest mistake. Let's not be rude.
>>
>>48785737
I'm pretty sure the guys at SCG playing bridge dredge all did kinda bad day 1, except for Ross. Like in the deck tech they did Todd Anderson pretty much said that they just copied the list from the baltimore classic because it won and can't really give an explanation as to why. Like he literally said in the video that loam conflagrate is one of the most powerful things the deck can do and that maybe he should change the mainboard to include it (I.e cut bridge)

Bridge dredge is infinitely more inconsistent than loam dredge while being only slightly more powerful, both decks are capable nut draws modern opponents can't beat without hate. Bridge dredge has to have a garg in its opening hand or find one off of its first faithless looting, if it doesn't its just dredge deck with 8 dead cards jammed in. You also can't trigger bloodghasts without dredging dakmor salvage or stopping which is horrible. All you get out of this is that you get better against anger which is already a sideboard card in most cases, and one of the easiest ones to beat.

TL; DNR loam dredge ezpz
>>
>>48783652
that sounds pretty bad for jund
>>
Is Travis Woo's Graveshift list a good one to build? It seems pretty consistent
>>
>>48789581
Yeah. You're going to be hit by graveyard hate that was put in the sideboard for dredge, but besides from that the deck has decent match ups.
>>
>>48785397
I would
>>
>>48789581
Here's how it works:
>Did they kill you before you combo off?
No.
>Did they counter your Splendid Reclamation?
No.
>Did they play graveyard hate?
No.

Congratulations you've won. If any of these questions are answered with a yes, you've most likely lost. But then again, lots of decks do THE EXACT SAME THING AS THIS. Like, the deck is a worse Storm honestly. Storm now has a fallback plan in the form of Meme in the Ice and Bedlam Reveler to win on the board, whereas Graveshift is just dead in the face of Rest in Peace or Relic of Progenitus.
>>
Wow I'm watching the round 3 match between Nahiri Control and Ali Aintrazi's Esper Draw Go, and Ali is being completely shit on. Like holy lel he's main phasing Sphinx's Revs to desperately gas back up and getting Mana Leaked.
>>
>>48785737
I never understood this, why do some dredge players play Gargadon?
>>
>>48790382
.....oooohhhh I'm stupid. If you play bridge, you want to sac your creeps into bridge triggers....

No, it's a bad plan. You are better off with loam, they are almost a must as bloodghast loam interaction is just so good.
>>
>>48790382
Suspend gargadon, get bridge from below in the yard, sac your creatures for 2/2 zombies then get them all back. Good for getting your creatures out of a anger of the gods as well as getting more damage on the board. Based on my experience playing against the deck, it feels very 'win more' when they use it, where as the decks running conflagrate might take a little longer to kill but are more consistent and can take out problem creatures. I'm not in red though, so I couldn't say how effective it is against anger of the gods.
>>
>>48790243
>Graveshift is just dead in the face of Rest in Peace or Relic of Progenitus.
>what is ray of revelation/ancient grudge
also the board has a cavern/ramp into prime time backup plan in the face of them boarding out creature removal as well as boseiju for the counters.
>>
>>48790413
Actually, I think it hurts the deck anyway. Playing gargadon on first turn is a complete no as you are busy with dredge plan. Bridges are more vulnerable in modern compared to legacy purely because the speed between legacy and modern dredge is completely different. It also has no value in itself it it doesn't get on board.

If it really is a must to get zombie tokens, I would rather play zombie infestation along with gargadon. Less slots from dredge plan and a lot more reliable.
>>
>>48790437
Trying to rebuild in Graveshift is almost impossible. At least Storm is just a deck of cantrips.
>>
File: 1358037390890s.jpg (4KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1358037390890s.jpg
4KB, 122x125px
>>48790460
it already plays explores and ramp anyway
what does the dredge meme have against the gy hate you mentioned anyway?
>>
>>48790478
Dredge has Ray and Grudge as well, but also establishes a board quickly. If your opponent plays Rest in Peace on turn 3, you've got to get a lucky top deck to do anything, whereas dredge might have a few creatures to block or force the opponent to deal with which gives you more time to find an answer.
>>
will we ever get another Modern Masters?
>>
>>48790656
Next year
>>
>>48790656
Look forward to the new Modern Masters™ coming summer 2017. This time with even less relevant reprints for a superior drafting experience! Preorder now for a special edition foil of a worthless junk rare to impress your friends.
>>
>>48790914
>less relevant reprints

Oy vey we ran out of reprints for Modern Masters 2017!

I hope people are okay getting another EDH set! We promise it's going to have a "great" drafting experience too
>>
>>48790914
>Print Daybreak Coronet
>IN A SET WHERE 2 OF THE OTHER 3 AURAS ARE SPLINTER TWIN AND ARREST
>>
If I flashback my Lingering Souls and respond with a Spell Queller, when the Queller dies and I cast the Souls, it goes to the graveyard normally right?
>>
>>48790914
Hey, if that guarantees I'm getting it for MSRP, I might as well...
>>
>>48791655
if it's flashback was delayed it was still flashbacked
>>
>>48791693
I don't think that's right. Flashback exiles it as it resolves when you cast it for its flashback cost. But here the card was flat out sent to exile. When it comes back I don't see why it would have any obligation to exile on resolution as cards have no memory across zones.
>>
>>48791760
702.33a: "[...] If the flashback cost was paid, exile this card instead of putting it anywhere else any time it would leave the stack.”

And the relevant ruling:
"A spell cast using flashback will always be exiled afterward, whether it resolves, it's countered, or it leaves the stack in some other way."
>>
I top 4'd a 55-person modern PPTQ with a loam pox brew. It beat abzan coco twice, titan shift, mardu nahiri, jeskai midrange, g/r tron. It lost to burn in the semifinals and could have beaten affinity.

It played four copies of smallpox
Faithless looting
Life from the loam
Molten vortex
Bloodghast
And it played some number of removal spells and disruption.
>>
File: Mark.png (119KB, 216x293px) Image search: [Google]
Mark.png
119KB, 216x293px
>>48783424
>Dredge tier 1
Hey you, delete that.
>>
File: 1384379138490.jpg (31KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1384379138490.jpg
31KB, 177x278px
>Dredge beating Leyline of the Void Jund with Neonate beatdown
I have seen it all now lads.
>>
>>48792065
>yfw you realise Neonate has Menace
>>
File: thatlook.png (2MB, 1180x2408px) Image search: [Google]
thatlook.png
2MB, 1180x2408px
>>
>>48792065
If that's not evidence that Tom Ross is a cheater idk what is
>>
>Mulling over brews last night
>Think about Splendid Rec. Scapeshift
>Start brewing up a list with Wildfires to keep the board clear and K-grip in the sb
>Twoo already did it
Feelsbad
>>
File: descarga (4).jpg (8KB, 208x212px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (4).jpg
8KB, 208x212px
>>48792007
>In the sake of dredge in modern, we have designed a new card as an improved and balanced versión of deathrite shaman tha keeps the right power level:
>Deathfun shaman
>Tap and exile a card from a graveyards: put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control. If that creature had dredeg, put two +1/+1 counters instead
>>
>>48792598
Costs 1 generic mana
>>
>>48792856
Costs one Phyrexian green black hybrid.
>>
>>48792921
Costs one phyrexian colourless mana
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-to-the-countryside-1/
anything that could make this better
Rogues passage?
Swiftfoot boots in the sideboard?
i know its a joke but i still like it
>>
>>48793112
>If you can't generate colourless you need to pay the life
That's a pretty harsh downside to the card, fellow Magic player! Perhaps it would be fairer if we just outright made it cost 0.
>>
>>48793126
But then storm would get a card!
>>
If Dredge actually takes off in Modern, I think Eldrazi Taxes will become a solid way to fight against it. You can process the Gargadon out of suspend while knocking something off the table at the same time, you have Path, you have Sculler that they can't really remove. Thought Knot Seer blocks Amalgam all day too.
>>
>>48793159
So will ad nauseam. Having 8 mainboard answers to creature combat and potentially more in the sideboard with darkness/ethereal haze. Im not sure how dredge can beat ad nauseam unless the ad nauseam player draws badly.
>>
>>48793159
>You can process the Gargadon out of suspend while knocking something off the table at the same time, you have Path, you have Sculler that they can't really remove.
Read the thread, the bridge version is shit. The other version runs conflagrate and lightning axe. It will run you over unless you side in hate.
>>
>>48793159
Which is weird cause in Legacy dredge keeps eldrazi in check
>>
I know Woo brewed some dredge version of Valakut with Reclamation, but has anyone tried ramp spells as a way to get lands onto the field and Aggressive Mining as a draw engine to put them in the yard? Currently brewing a list with Harrow and Wildfire using Aggresive Mining+Drownyard Temple as a draw engine among just saccing lands I've ramped into.
>>
File: 1471112291968.jpg (190KB, 1440x2464px) Image search: [Google]
1471112291968.jpg
190KB, 1440x2464px
two of opponents yesterday on the scglive syracuse stream made day 2, and one of them is already top 8.

JUST
>>
>>48793471
mac ira on burn and kris anderson on rg valakut
>>
Is kaladesh going to be an enemy colour plane?

I really want a good simic card
>>
Creature (32)
2x Azorius Guildmage
4x Geist of Saint Traft
4x Judge's Familiar
4x Leonin Arbiter
4x Mausoleum Wanderer
1x Rattlechains
4x Selfless Spirit
3x Spirit of the Labyrinth
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3x Thought-Knot Seer
Land (22)
4x Adarkar Wastes
1x Eiganjo Castle
2x Faerie Conclave
1x Flagstones of Trokair
3x Geier Reach Sanitarium
4x Ghost Quarter
1x Island
2x Plains
4x Seachrome Coast
Instant (6)
2x Ojutai's Command
4x Path to Exile

Sideboard (15)
1x Grafdigger's Cage
2x Kataki, War's Wage
2x Kor Firewalker
1x Mirran Crusader
2x Pithing Needle
1x Rest in Peace
2x Safe Passage
1x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3x Supreme Verdict

Feeling better about this the more I test it. I've put a Thalia into the sideboard and taken 2 of the Commands out of the deck, and gone up to a set of Selfless Spirit and thrown in a Rattlechains. I'm actually running that many spirits that the Rattlechains can actually do some pretty real work, not to mention it lets Mausoleum Wanderer catch people out since it pumps then sacs to counter for 2. And please no do not suggest or imply that I'm running spirit tribal here. I'm just running a bunch of good spirit cards, then acknowledging that with the single Rattlechains. Fuck lords right off.
>>
>>48793980
Hey man, Jeskai midrange is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>48794060
It's D&T you faggot.
>>
>>48793980
I would drop the familiars & go up to 4 Rattlechains so you can cast Selfless Spirit at instant speed. Spirit of the Labyrinth seems out of place as well, what's the explanation?
>>
>>48794069
You misunderstand; Jeskai midrange utilizing spirits & burn can be a formidable deck
>>
>>48794091
4 Familiar and 4 Wanderer are there to curve out with. Spirit is there because 1) it's a 3 power 2 drop, 2) it stops your opponent drawing extra shit, and 3) it hard locks an opponent out of the game with Geier Reach. And wanting to spaff Rattlechains does very little for my proactive disruptive plan. It's just too slow. The one is there for those midgame gotcha moments like you pay 4 and hold up 1 to Anger in the face of Wanderer and Thalia, I flash in Rattlechains and sac.
>>
>RG Ponza now one win away from top 8 after crushing Dredge
Like nigger what the fuck is happening?
>>
>>48794147
Ok I like Geier Reach + Labyrinth
>>
>>48794164
>Primal Command actually has 4 modes
Who knew. I don't remember seeing that card being cast without fetching a creature.
>>
>>48793159
If dredge becomes tier 1, my janky WR angel moon deck will beat the shit out of them
>>
>>48791825
Except when you cast the exiled spell without paying its mana costs it should return as a new spell and have no memory of it ever being flashbacked.
>>
whats a good control or combo deck for 500$
it has to have blue
>>
>>48794338
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-angel-moon
>>
>>48794354
2nd line bro
>>
>>48794330
Dude, are you being dense on purpose?

You cast the Lingering souls for its flashback. If you pay the cost, exile it ANYTIME IT WOULD LEAVE THE STACK. Guess what happens when you Spell Queller it?
>>
>>48794354
>>48794361
>be me
>read post that i linked
>white and red
>dropped
>then watch video
holy shit this deck
>>
>>48794338
Dredge or Ad Nauseam are your only options
>>
File: image.png (646KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
646KB, 1136x640px
To the Anon who posted about new Lilly and baby Jace the other thread, this guy's Grixis control runs both in the maindeck.

Really sweet. Lilly did a lot of work, I imagine that she's kindof matchup dependant though, as some matchups she kills creatures with her plus and othertimes there's an eldrazi or a karn.

Still though, Lilly confirmed to be a baller.
>>
>>48794409
>>48794330
Actually, I might have been a bit hasty here.
I read Spell Queller again, and since it exiles the spell, Flashback will not try to exile it again. AKA, the spell is exactly where it's supposed to be when Spell Queller's LTB effect triggers.

Even though your reasoning was wrong, the spell does end up back in your graveyard when all is said and done. Huh, I guess I owe you an apology.
>>
>>48794428
what about UR storm?
>>
>>48794466
Might be over 500
>>
File: come on now.jpg (8KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
8KB, 236x213px
>>48794476

i live in europe bro
>>
>>48794492
Dredge it is then
>>
>>48794499
Hope you have $200 to spend on your set of Bloodghasts.
>>
>>48794526
400 dollars is enough for dredge
but i dont want to build the deck
>>
>>48793980
>Judge's Familiar when already got far superior Wanderers
>4 Trafts, to make sure you always got one dead card on your hand
>3 Geier Reach, again, maximize the amount of dead cards in your hand at any given time
>Spirit of the Labyrinth just randomly thrown in there
>Thought Knot over Spell Queller even though he has no further hand disruption
>Fucking Azorius Guildmage

Have a Reeeee.
>>
>>48794476
i just entered the list
500$ with scalding tarns too
is it any good?
>>
>>48794640
hahahaha
>>
>>48794650
what about this
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/457427#paper
>>
>>48794546
>Judge's Familiar when already got far superior Wanderers
We're trying to curve out in a disruptive manner. Familiar fits that.
>4 Trafts, to make sure you always got one dead card on your hand
To make sure you always get one into play. Nigger it's a hexproof 6/6 for 3 mana, you ALWAYS want one.
>3 Geier Reach, again, maximize the amount of dead cards in your hand at any given time
Good utility land when useful utility lands are scarce in Modern. Also wins the game with-
>Spirit of the Labyrinth just randomly thrown in there
It's a hate card that can also win the game.
>Thought Knot over Spell Queller even though he has no further hand disruption
Thought Knot is insane I don't care if you play Company in standard, the toughness is relevant here.
>Fucking Azorius Guildmage
If you think Guildmage is bad you haven't read the card. Stifles fetchlands, Karns, Visions, Lavamancers, and the tap can hold down blockers to let you force that last damage through. The only reason Guildmage has never seen play is because you've had no reason to play an UW denial deck, but I think Mausoleum Wanderer is that reason.
>>
>>48794466
Just play ad nauseam at that point. Its literally better in every way.
>>
>>48795077
nah ill try grixis delver without scalding tarns
>>
>>48795127
>without tarns
M
A
D
M
A
N
>>
>>48795127
You'll have a bad time. Delver needs perfect mana to execute it's plan at full efficiency. The deck already has little room for error. Fetching incorrectly is going to lose you games
>>
File: goodgoy.jpg (74KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
goodgoy.jpg
74KB, 501x585px
>>48795157
>>48795152
they fell for the tarn jew
>>
>>48795187
Uhh, goy? You know you need that absolutely perfect mana base or your deck won't function. Not having those Tarns would be like another shoah! Go on down to Star City Games and get your playset now!
>>
>>48795187
Playing the correct colours isn't some sort of conspiracy. I'm not a baby either who had to buy them at 100 a pop
>>
>>48795187
>Not the Scalding Jew
>>
THIS FUCKING GOY DID IT
SHUT IT DOWN
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/453025#paper
>>
>>48795360
4 young peezy
0 scalding tarn

M A D
>>
I think we are quickly approaching the day ad nauseam becomes tier 1. With atleast two dredge decks in top 8 and the possibility of more, ad nauseam is legitimately the only deck I can think of that has a good matchup against dredge.
>>
>>48795481
What about R/G Ponza?
>>
>tfw i wanna build ad nauseam but dont want to seem retarded
fml
>>
>>48795481
Don't worry, WotC will just ban a dredge piece and both cancerous decks will be back to tier 4 meme status in no time.
>>
File: scalding jew.jpg (48KB, 800x413px) Image search: [Google]
scalding jew.jpg
48KB, 800x413px
>>48795187
>>48795250
>>48795273
Never really shooped anything before, but here it is.
>>
>>48795625
SAVED
A
V
E
D
>>
>>48795549
Did it beat other dredge decks or just that one? Ad Nauseam seems to fundamentally have a strong matchup against Dredge and I am not convinced that that deck can consistently win against it.

>>48795578
Its actually a much harder deck to play than it looks.
>>
>>48795716
i really like it but im afraid about it being braindead
>>
>>48795625
kek, do verdant catacombs
>>
>>48795716
>Goldfishing is hard
>>
>>48795936
>>48795965
You are at 15 life and have two angel graces, spoils of the vault, and ad nauseam in hand, but only 5 mana (not enough mana to combo). Someone is swinging at you with 8 damage this turn and will have lethal next turn. What do you do?
>>
>>48796023
Should also note that you only have lands and no mana artifacts in play.
>>
>>48796023
Grace, Spoils for a land, play it next turn & combo for win
:^)
>>
>>48796068
this
i dont get what was so hard
>>
>>48796023
Grace, Spoils for Phyrexian Unlife, durdle until you die
>>
File: spiritsmardu.png (19KB, 331x553px) Image search: [Google]
spiritsmardu.png
19KB, 331x553px
mardu and spirits made to the day 2.
>>
>>48795940
K. Gimme a few.
>>
>>48796068
>>48796084
This is actually the objectively wrong play. You risk dying to not finding the right land (would have to be a gemstone mine) and you risk exiling your simian spirit guides. If you wanted to do this play, you would search for the simian spirit guide as it at the very least reduces your chance of not being able to combo.

Option two is just hope to draw a land, phyrexian unlife, pentad, or simian spirit guide during the next two turns. This is also a realistic option as Ad Nauseam has a lot of means to cycle through their deck, meaning the chances of any one of these cards appearing in the next few draws is relatively good.

>>48796117
This option is while not objectively wrong, is still not a very a good idea. The problem with this play is that it leaves you vulnerable to any sort of enchantment hate (which is common in a lot of matchups and even main board hate like abrupt decay) and leaves you vulnerable to any reach like lightning bolt. You would also have to hope they don't play another creature after their attack step. Doing this before their attack or on your next turn has its pros and cons (either you risk dying if unlife isn't in the top 15 cards and are still vulnerable to enchantment hate if it is or you are vulnerable to all of the things I mentioned earlier if you do it on your turn).
>>
>>48796255
Sphinx's Rev for 15 made it to day 2
>>
>>48796286
>Risk
>Not taking risk
>Taking risk is a wrong option when you are going to lose in 2 turns
Kek
>>
>>48796068
>>48796084
>>48796117
>>48796286
With that said, this should have been a fairly easy one to solve: options 1 was the best answers and you were some what close to it. Here is a harder one.

You are playing against Scapeshift and they have attempted to cast scapeshift. You have angel's grace and ad nauseam in hand, but do not have enough mana to combo in response (5 mana, all lands). What is the correct play?
>>
>>48796296

>tfw it's gonna be painful to watch as they will stream it soon.

At least autistic draw-go got rekt so hard that everyone made fun of it.
>>
>>48796419
yolo it and search for pact
>>
>>48796419
Never played ad naus, but from the little I know, cast ad naus (assuming im at ~20 life) and dig for a pact of negation?
>>
File: verdant jew.jpg (63KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
verdant jew.jpg
63KB, 418x305px
>>48795940
>>48796268
There
>>
>>48796419
Let it resolve & Grace their triggers
>>
>>48796472
The mossy thing in the middle should be where the merchant goes, it already had a silluette shaped like him.
>>
File: jewcombs.jpg (150KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
jewcombs.jpg
150KB, 418x305px
>>48796472
>>
>>48796475
That would leave you at one, with 5 mana and an ad naus, with literally no way to win and them having 100% lethal draws.
>>
>>48796520
>>48796496
Fine. I'll redo it.
>>
>>48794272
I've got news for you anon...
>>
>>48796450
>>48796465
This is correct. Mostly. Casting ad nauseam here is certainly better than using angel's grace, but you would need to dig for more than just pact. You would want to find ideally another land, another copy of ad nauseam, and as many pacts as possible. This play will still bring you close to 1 life and you need to be careful not to play into bolt, but sometimes it is better to do this if it means you actually have a chance of winning.

>>48796475
This is wrong. This leaves you top decking for both a land and another angel's grace, meaning you are very likely to lose if they top deck another mountain, a way to search for a mountain, or a lightning bolt (assuming they are a version that has more than the minimum). This is not playing to win.

Even with fairly simple ad nauseam plays, people are still choosing the wrong option.
>>
So what are the chances that Dredge is actually busted? It took an entire huge team of players taking a big gamble on Eldrazi at a PT to make people realise it was dumb, but here it was only 7% of the metagame but made 2 of the top 8 spots. For an untested deck that's pretty damn good.
>>
File: verdant jew.jpg (63KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
verdant jew.jpg
63KB, 418x305px
>>48796541
>>48796520
>>48796496
Fixed?
>>
File: Shekeloyf.jpg (36KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Shekeloyf.jpg
36KB, 223x311px
>>48796587
>>
>>48794833
You are better off suppressing Familiar for Rattlechains since they work so well with the Wanderers. Also you can't include more than 6 1-drops because they tipically are terrible topdecks mid/lategame.

>it's a hexproof 6/6 for 3 mana, you ALWAYS want one.
No, its a 2/2 hexproof and as such its easily removed through combat if the opponent has any power on board. That's not a problem if you run an assortment of creature removal, but you only run Paths. Its also an aggressive card in a controlish deck, so I'm not sure of how good it can be here.

>Good utility land when useful utility lands are scarce in Modern.
Good LEGENDARY utility land. Plus, there's also Mikoro, which doesn't discard but does give you more draw. Run two of each mang.

The combo of those lands with Spirit of the Labyrinth is cute, but you can't rely on it to much, it should be your alt. wincon.

>I don't care if you play Company in standard, the toughness is relevant here.
Spell Queller is much better than you give it credit for. Also I play U/W/b Spirit tribal with Vials in Modern. Anyways, Seers are good, but its also slow as a 4 drop and also require pure Colorless. Quellers are better if you aren't going to run Eldrazi Temples, in which case you may as well just run Eldrazi & Taxes. Plus, countering is a better form of disruption since it nets you mana advantage.

Finally, I've read Azorius Guildmage, but its abilities are too costly without Training Grounds, and if you did make a deck based with it, it'd have to be an entirely different deck.
>>
>>48796616
Ok. Wait a bit.
>>
>>48796581
>>48796475
>>48796465
>>48796450
Lets try a harder play. You are playing against infect and are on turn 3. You have 3 untapped lands in play with a gemstone mine, simian spirit guide, phyrexian unlife, spoils of the vault, and ad nauseam in hand. The infect player has a noble hiearch and blighted agent in play. You are at two infect already. What do you do?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>48796651
Forgot to include pic.
>>
>>48796651
>You are better off suppressing Familiar for Rattlechains since they work so well with the Wanderers
I don't want to rely on synergy to win. I'd maybe swap a Selfless Spirit for a 2nd Rattlechains but that's it. I've been testing the deck against my Mardu list and it's a good matchup so far. The Force Spike flier on turn 1 disrupts so many lines of play. On the play it shits all over Thoughtseize which is a hella strong thing.
>The combo of those lands with Spirit of the Labyrinth is cute, but you can't rely on it to much, it should be your alt. wincon.
But it IS an alt wincon. I also don't rate Mikokoro here purely because I'm not running red. If it could draw me a Bolt or a haste creature sure, but all I'll do is play a Bear then cry as my opponent drew something better than me. I'd take another shot at the combo over that.
>Finally, I've read Azorius Guildmage, but its abilities are too costly without Training Grounds
Nothing is too costly when you weren't doing anything else with your mana. It's your mana dump for when you're out of cards. Or you can hold up mana for Guildmage, Rattlechains, Ojutai's Command, Path, Ghost Quarter, or Geier Reach. Gives you game against Tron too. In their upkeep you tap their Wurmcoil. Or hold off Karn forever.
>>
>>48796849
Mikoro can be activated in the opponent's turn with Spirit of the Labyrinth on the field to deny him the draw and get yours. The same is true for Geier Reach Asylum, but if you want to use the latter you should run cards you want to get in the yard or otherwise to discard to really break the symmetry.
>>
>>48797029
I suppose. I might look into replacing one Geier with Mikokoro.
>>
File: TarmoGOYf.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TarmoGOYf.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>48796616
>>48796657
Here
>>
File: Tarmogoyf.xlhq.jpg (560KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Tarmogoyf.xlhq.jpg
560KB, 745x1040px
>>48797122
That's perfect, here's an HD card pic if you wanted to alter this instead.
>>
>>48796666
Spoils for lightning storm like an absolute madman. Then die to a pumped heirarch.
>>
>>48797202
No, sorry. Doing the hi-res art was bad enough with the teeth.
>>
>>48797233
you can do it below its neck
>>
>>48797221
I have no idea why you would ever do this. Thats obviously not the play.
>>
>>48797247
You do it. I have practically no GIMP experience and yet I did it.
>>
>>48796666
>>48797221
>>48797258
I should have also mentioned that this is game 3.
>>
>>48796657
Did you read the card? :^)
>>
>>48797373
No. That's pretty good.
>>
Goddamn Voice of Resurgence should have never been printed; what a broken ass card
>>
>>48797305
Spoil for spellskite, cast it
>>
>>48796666
>>48797305
Slam that Phyrexian Unlife and pray he can't kill me this turn.

I have no idea what Ad Naus sideboards for infect. If I have Spellskite or something then I'll Spoils for that and try to combo later.
>>
>>48797479
Most ad nauseam lists don't run spellskite though. Lets assume that your only relevant sideboard card is Darkness as this is one of the most common ad nauseam sideboard cards.
>>
>>48797305
implying ad nauseam will get to game 3 against infect
>>
>>48783424
>Death's Shadow Tier 1

In what world.
>>
>>48797545
Then just pass.
If they try to kill me next turn, I'll just cast spoils for darkness and cast it
>>
File: happy merchant colord.png (234KB, 200x234px) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant colord.png
234KB, 200x234px
>>48797571
You can do better than that. Use the colored version (my image) and crop the head from the rest using the freeform select tool (zoom in). Place the head in the mouth and cut and paste the teeth that you want in front of the head to a new layer above everything else. Your final layers should be teeth > merchant head > everything else

>>48797586
This world
>>
>>48797619
Alright. They don't swing for lethal next turn, but instead leave you at six infect. You draw a Darkslick Shores on your next turn. Remember that your hand is Ad Nauseam, Darkslick Shores, Spoils of the Vault, Phyrexian Unlife, Gemstone Mine, and Spirit Guide. What do you do from here?
>>
>>48797053
Run both as 2-ofs so that you may have a high chance to see at least one at any given game.
>>
>>48797700
Even if they don't go for lethal I'll spoils for Darkness EOT.

Then next turn play the mine and unlife. I cast Darkness on his turn and combo on mine with 4 lands+SSG.

If he has Dispel or Spell Pierce I was fucked anyway.
>>
Will Trinisphere ever be good in Modern?
>>
>>48797700
How many cards in hands does the infect player have ?
>>
>>48797756
I don't really have that much space. I could maybe cut Flagstones, but I don't want too many colourless sources because screw is a thing. Also Flagstones fixes mana with Ghost Quarter. I've got a name for the deck though considering the high concentration of spirits. Dead and Taxes
>>
>>48797779
This is wrong. It leaves you vulnerable to any pump spells they may have next turn. It effectively does nothing except stall for another turn. Doing nothing this turn is better if they don't present lethal damage for reasons I will explain below.

The correct play here is on turn 4 to play phyrexian unlife and leave one mana up for spoils of the vault. This way you can have enough mana to use spoils of the vault to find pact of negation on their pump spell and then casting ad nauseam on your upkeep. While this doesn't save you from double +4/+4 pump spells and you are still risking a lose to variance, this is still the best chance you have of winning the game as waiting for much longer just allows them to swing in for lethal without any pump spells.

>>48797507
This is also wrong. It leaves you vulnerable if the infect player has enough pump spells to kill you. Keeping mana up ensures the infect player plays more carefully with their pump and if they don't, you can punish them for that.
>>
>>48797792
Five cards on your turn 3 and five cards at the end of their turn 4.
>>
>>48797791
It's sideboard tech, the question is, against what?

In a deck without dispels or hand disruption I could see it being good against Ad Naus maybe.

It's a weird card but in a format without Moxen or City of Traitors, you can't jam it on turn one to screw over an opponent.
In some weird bloodmoonritual.dec I could see it being played in the sideboard for when you'd rather jam it than a bloodmoon or chalice.
>>
>>48797956
>This is wrong. It leaves you vulnerable to any pump spells they may have next turn.
How? I have mana up for Darkness.
>>
>>48791693
>>48791825

This is wrong

It's exiled by spell queller instead of going anywhere else

After that only spell queller' rules apply, it's cast without paying its mana cost, nothing about flashback mentioned
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 210x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 210x297px
>>48797906
Flagstone is great, it's like the only legendary land that you can run multiples of and not get fucked over by the legendary rule.

Kamigawa legendary lands are also great, I'm surprised Grixis or Jund doesn't run at least one for P&K/Tasigur/Kali
>>
>>48797969
>>48797956
I was going to say that you were fucked , but your line give you a tiny chance
Also, I must let you know that I consider your deck to be hard to pilot well
I just love puzzles and I like to try to solve them when I see them
>>
>>48798016
I misunderstood you, I thought you said you wanted to cast the darkness on their turn. Your play seems better actually. I suppose this is only proving the point that the deck isn't simple to play.

>>48798168
See >>48798016, his is better as it ensures you have darkness on your turn 4, which means the only way you lose is if they have dispel.
>>
>>48798120
3 colour decks can't afford to lose basics and their effects are too small to care about. D&T only uses Eiganjo because it's placing one of their 15 Plains. And while Flagstones SORT OF gets around legendary, the land enters tapped which means multiples aren't great. I like the one just because I can keep Flagstones Ghost Quarter in my opener and not worry about curving out with blue.
>>
Au Tiseam imo
>>
>>48798259
>I misunderstood you, I thought you said you wanted to cast the darkness on their turn. Your play seems better actually. I suppose this is only proving the point that the deck isn't simple to play.
I probably should have explained a bit better, yeah. With that line you win unless Spoils exiles two guides or they have a counterspell. Those are odds I would take.
>>
>>48798269
Your line allow you to keep your spoils up a little longer
I like it so maybe you can keep those SSG in your deck if they have only lands

But with 5 cards in hand this is verry unlikely,so his line is maybe the best
>>
>>48798379
Meant for >>48798259
I'm tired
>>
My god all these fuckups from "pro" players.
>>
SIEG HAIL

DREDGE
R
E
D
G
E
>>
If he draws Anger, he wins.

If he doesn't, he loses.

What an awful format.
>>
I can honestly see something getting banned. Dredge is a deck that only loses to sideboards in Modern, compared to Legacy where cards like Deathrite Shaman, Swords, and Terminus keep it in check. It'll either be Grave Troll going back on, or Prized Amalgam. Probably Grave Troll.
>>
>>48798869

>Dredge is a deck that only loses to sideboards in Modern
>implying a lot of decks in modern aren't like that

>It'll either be Grave Troll going back on, or Prized Amalgam. Probably Grave Troll.

Why not bloodghast? just to trigger jews and "investors"
>>
>>48798917
Wizards values investors more than players
>>
>>48798917
Well Ross Miriam just claimed that the card to hit in the deck is Faithless Looting.
>>
>>48799004
Looting is too broad of a card to ban.
>>
>>48793177
>how does nonblue midrange beat combo

They do not.
>>
>>48799028
How is dredge midrange? Also, im pretty sure dredge can beat most other combo decks besides ad nauseam.
>>
>>48796255
Is there a list for the Mardu deck?
>>
>>48798269
>Flagstones
Yeah let me jam those in my Leonin Arbiter deck, what could possibly go wrong?

desu your nonbasic lands should look like
>4 GQ
>2 Tec Edge
>2 Encroaching Wastes
>2 Cavern of Souls
>1 Sea Gate Wreckage

feel free to swap things out for Mutavaults if you like. this is my current NBL setup with 11 basic plains and 1 wastes. I'm also running 3 Eldrazi Displacer mainboard, which is why all the colorless sources.
>>
>>48798777
Fuck off retard. This happens in every format. Try thinking for once instead of being a memer
>>
>>48799110
Flagstones in mono W would be retarded, but in 2 colours you can get away with it. Any time you draw Arbiter you're most likely not going to need the fixing anyway. It replaces a Plains so it's not really a big deal, just a little insurance. In my UW my landbase is:
>4x Adarkar Wastes
>4x Seachrome Coast
2 colour fixing as you'd expect
>1x Eiganjo Castle
>2x Plains
>1x Flagstones of Trokair
Untapped white sources. 4x Plains essentially
>4x Ghost Quarter
As expected
>2x Faerie Conclave
Better than Colonnade here because we don't expect to reach enough land to activate Colonnade since we're GQing and only run 22 in an aggro list anyway
>3x Geier Reach Sanitarium
My pet meme card for Spirit of the Labyrinth kills. As discussed above one could be a Mikokoro
>1x Island
To represent it incase of enemy Path/GQ, or I GQ my Flagstones to fix mana.

Also Displacer is overrated. I tried running it but damn son it feels like it eats so much mana and is so fucking SLOW. Eventually I swapped them out to bump up to 4 Geists.

I'm also curious as to what you think about cutting Aether Vial in Wx lists. My reasons for this are:
>1)
It lowers threat density, making your opponent's removal even more powerful
>2)
It HAS to be in your opening hand, when a card you're running 4 copies of only has a 46% chance to be there
>3)
Counterspells are far less prevalent in Modern

The 3rd reason is a bit eh, but those first 2 feel backbreaking to me. You can't grind your opponent out with an end step Stoneforge Mystic into untap into ramming a Batterskull up your opponent's ass.
>>
>>48799307
>I'm also curious as to what you think about cutting Aether Vial in Wx lists.
You can cut it if you want to. I use it because I run Mangara, Flickerwisp, new Thalia, etc. that I want at instant speed for various reasons.
>>
What format is worse? Modern with 3 jund, 2 dredge top 8, or standard with its 6 bant collected company, 2 visions storm top 8?
>>
>>48800090
Kys
>>
>>48800090

modern with 3 twin top 8.
>>
Guys should I use Temur delver or Grixis? I have more lands and spells for temur
>>
>>48800815
>running Temur in Modern
>calling it Temur instead of RUG
Grixis if you must run Delver
>>
>>48800915
Well shit this isn't some carpet store.
>>
>>48801142
>not playing Magic with your buddies in a carpet store that you broke into at midnight
LOL
>>
>>48800815
Do you have Goyfs? If you do play RUG, if you don't, play UR, Grixis a shit
>>
>>48801508
I can hit up my local China man to get some but I was looking for a decent sub. I do have the snapcasters
>>
>>48801580
Play grixis delver, the thinking man's list
>>
>>48801580
There's no substitute for Goyf.
>>
So is RG through the breach good enough to be tier 2 now, or was its performance a fluke?
>>
>>48801628
>>48801642
Well then I'll go Grixis then lol
>>
Help me improve this deck /tg/. Money is not an issue.

4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Eidolon of Blossoms
4 Herald of the Pantheon
4 Ethereal Armor
4 Journey to Nowhere
4 Kruphix's Insight
2 Sigil of the Empty Throne
4 Sunpetal Grove
7 Forest
4 Banishing Light
2 Stasis Snare
4 Windswept Heath
7 Plains
2 Oblivion Ring

SB: 2 Ghostly Prison
SB: 2 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Choke
SB: 2 Seal of Primordium
>>
>>48801697
I play RG breach, and it lacks the consistence & resilience of scapeshift
>>
>>48801937
Learn how to build a mana base. Your Theros cards mashed into a pile isn't an efficient deck.
>>
>>48801937
+4 Sphere of Safety
+4 Ghostly Prison
+4 Verdurdan Enchantress
+4 Mesa Enchantress
+4 Idyllic Tutor
+4 Utopia Sprawl
+2 Greater Auramancy
+2 Leyline of Sanctity
+1 Runed Halo
+1 Rest in Peace

-4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
-4 Courser of Krupix
-4 Herald of the Pantheon
-4 Ethereal Armor
-4 Journey to Nowhere
-4 Kruphix's Insight
-4 Banishing Light
-2 Stasis Snare

Spheres & Prisons prevent attacks, Leylines prevent burn, Greater Auramancy prevents enchantment wipe
Use Idyllic Tutors to search up silver bullets like Rest in Peace, Runed Halo, or Leyline
>>
>>48801959
So you would rather play RG Scapeshift or RUGx scapeshift?
>>
>>48802352
RUGx with BtL
>>
>>48802352
Why my not play splendid dredge? It's a pretty decent valakut deck
>>
File: tyler.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tyler.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>Tom Ross forgets two Bridge from Below triggers
>>
File: 1470320250494.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1470320250494.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>48803622
Y-you are lying, I c-cant believe it! Ross-senpai would never make a novice mistake like that! B-baka!
>>
>>48793471
Lol black guy doing a duuurrr pose and manchild with a Ghostbusters shirt. Typical mtg players xD
>>
>>48793565

Try prophet of kruphix
>>
>>48789715
>You're going to be hit by graveyard hate that was put in the sideboard for dredge, but besides from that the deck has decent match ups.
I actually see that as unlikely, the no 1 grave-hate card right now is cage. Because cage hits other things like coco, chord, nahiri. there's going to be a lot of people who just use cage, and you don't give a shit about it.
>>
>>48793565

It's going to be a mono color plane like kamigawa
>>
>>48804083
Even if Cage is the most common, white decks will probably still run RiP, Snapcaster decks will run Extraction/Extirpate or Relic, Jund will run Leyline, etc.
>>
Hey guys, I am looking into getting into modern, sadly, on a budget. I have a budget U/R Delver deck but I am not having that much fun with it. I like Aggro with good synergy, but not a fan of combos unless you have to work for it and have a backup plan. What deck should I begin building that fits my taste?
>>
Anyone know the Grixis Control list that was being run in the modern?
>>
>>48804760
Check out all in goblins, too has a couple games of it in his channel "Travis wizard" the deck is a cheap and fun aggressive deck.

Mana base is basically all mountains and some contested battlefields, which are cheaper than dirt.
>>
File: 32.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>48804760
This Mono G Stompy deck comes out to about $100. http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12828&d=274475&f=MO

And if your budget is a bit higher you could buy Mono W Death and Taxes. This list http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13119&d=276758&f=MO is about $400 but if you ignore the Horizon Canopy and Flagstones its closer to $300.
>>
>>48804831
>>48805025
Thanks for the advice and links, I will definitely check all the decks out, print out some proxies and see how I feel about them!
>>
>>48798053
Why bother reading the thread, amirite?
>>48794452
>>
>suicide zoo with 0 results

Who fell for the meme.
>>
Can someone point me in the direction of a good primer for WB tokens? ty boys
>>
>>48805561
Google lmao
>>
>>48805561
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/656590-bw-tokens
I don't know if it's good, but it's there.
>>
File: good goy.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
good goy.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>48800815
thats cause you didnt buy scalding tarns
>>
>>48783652
Abzan midrange is real good against Burn obviously. Merfolk not so much.
Against Jeskai Nahiri which seems to be the most popular deck in your store you just need more card advantage and the best spell for that is Painful Truths. You also dont have dreadbore so you need to set up a large board preferably with manlands capable of killing Nahiri.
>>
>>48804086
Kaladesh will be an artifacts matter plane, just like Theros with enchantments ;^)
>>
File: 20160815_101740.png (778KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_101740.png
778KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>48806355
this
its chandras and shit
>>
>>48806371
Currently more expensive than Sensei's Divining Top.
>>
Anyone know who that Twitch streamer was that always plays D&T and had been trying out UW builds recently? I sort of want to contact them to see what they think about it. I think he was a nigger.
>>
Is bant eldrazi aggro?
>>
>>48804760
Post your Delver list please.

I'm not a huge faggot and I understand it's budget so don't be afraid.
>>
File: 81.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
81.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>Buy a playset of bridge from below for $10 in total from a player quitting legacy
>Sit on them since no modern deck is using them so whatever.jpg
>Suddenly spiking at $20 each

D O S H
O
S
H

On a side note is the dredge deck a real thing worth looking into or a flash in the pan that'll roll over and die once people start siding in RiP more aggressively? People called Eldrazi a meme deck when that first cropped up and look what happened.
>>
>>48807109
I think it's legit, but people are very ill-prepared for the match. The deck is strong, yet I feel that the Open win will not repeat itself as the meta packs more hate for the deck and learns how to defeat it (since it can bypass a lot of forms of hate, see Tom Ross beating a T0 Leyline).

If I'm wrong, it'll catch a ban anyways, so.
If you have a lot of the expensive pieces, by all means, go for it. ut if you have to buy in now for scratch, I'd let it pass and see what happens.
>>
>>48807150

Yeah I'd be starting from scratch, only modern deck really have is living end, so I think I'll give it a pass. I might try it out on cockatrice so I can practice the triggers and so on for now.
>>
>>48805963
I'd recommend extra maelstrom pulses over more mainlands for dealing with nahiri. actually, I still think heroe's downfall is better there because it can kill colonnade.
>>
>>48807109
A lot of the time, the deck is too fast for Rest in Peace. It reminded me a lot of Eldrazi, where you could vomit enough power onto the board early on that your opponent just can't stabilize. Off a T1 Neonate you can be attacking with Narcomoeba and Amalgam and have a Bloodghast down or some shit on T2. This all happens before your opponent can get a Rest in Peace down in the first place.
>>
>>48807181
Hu, I checked some dredge pieces' price in Europe, and nothing is really spiking, except for fucking Greater Gargadon (aka, the one piece I don't have). Kinda strange, considering a large percentage of dredge players kinda dislike the Gargadon package.
>>
>>48807109
people called the Bx processor eldrazi a meme, and they were right. it was bfz cards that enabled the tier 0 deck. and dredge is much easier to hate out than full power eldrazi was.
>>
>>48807248
True, but I'm kinda worried about anything catching a ban regardless, because >modern
>>
>tfw people laughed when I shelled out for Bloodghasts and Life from the Loams back Eldrazi winter to play Squeeflagrate
>Now optimized to Loam Dredge with Amalgams and is the current boogeyman of Modern winning FNMs and GPTs left and right
>tfw Bloodghast has spiked twice its price

Of course WoTC will cripple this cool deck because they hate fun. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>48807224

Where are you getting them from in the EU, MCM?
>>
Grave Troll is getting banned again. Screencap this.
>>
>>48807412
Yeah. My LGS webshop spikes every rare piece though.
>>
>>48807490
If anything Bridge will be the one banned. That particular flavor of dredge is a lot more glass cannon than its other iterations
>>
>>48807504
The problem is Amalgam puts so much power onto the board so fast that sometimes hate isn't enough.
>>
>>48807504
The fuck it isn't. Personally I think bridge/gargadon version is inferior to loam as it's more vulnerable with mulligans and gargadon in itself is complete win more.

Prized amalgam ban incoming, altho I would still prefer unbans over bans any day. Fuck WotC and their logic on banning.
>>
>>48807535

Amalgam is ideally a good candidate but its a new card, Wizard doesn't want banning new cards. Of course, with Modern off the PT that can happen too.
>>
>>48807553
>Wizard doesn't want banning new cards

Yeah, of course they won't ban new card that break the deck. Treasure cruise ban was just mental misst- ohhhhhhh..........
>>
>>48807548
>as it's more vulnerable with mulligans

Well yeah thats the thing. Its either you win big or you lose just as much, but it all depends on your opening hand, which is the sort of deck that people hate to play against as much as your win feels that its lucky than it is skillful.

>>48807561
Those are non creatures. Can't have those in Magic: The Tappening. Amalgam is a-OK though.
>>
File: image.png (147KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147KB, 265x370px
>Dryad Militant but for creatures

There you go modern is fixed.
D&T will counter dredgefags and melirafags all in one.

I think blue could use a powerful and cheap graveyard hoser too
>>
>>48807574
What I'm saying is that dredge wins even without gargadon. I would trade consistency over win more any day. Nothing is worse than going on second turn draw without being able to dredge and having a gargadon taking 8 slots to do it's thing is wasting a lot of slots.
>>
>>48799013
Only sees play in Griselbrand and Dredge.
>>
>>48807844
And Bubblehulk
>>
>tfw people getting mad salty over dredge decks, calling for bans instead of trying to adapt and win

The tears are delicious
>>
Hey guys, can you help me around making my deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-08-16-bant-tempo/
What should i replace?
Is my mana base good?
All tips are appreciated
>>
>>48807945
your deck is very all over the place. You have all these 1 ofs and 2 ofs but don't have any way to search them up so you're just going to have a very inconsistent deck. I'd recommend trying to decided exactly what it is you're trying to do with this deck, then choosing just 9 cards and having 4 of each of them + lands and 1 or 2 extras. There's a lot more finesse to deck building than that, but that will give you a solid starting point.
>>
>>48807941

Be careful though, the same thing happened with eldrazi and it actually happened.
>>
>>48808002
I just want to curve out and draw a lot
i dont know which creatures to pick
>>
>>48808022

And it morphed into bantdrazi after the bans. I doubt it will happen to dredge; that is to have a better end if it gets crippled. I just find it funny that people are getting so upset over Dredge winning.

Call me when top 8 lists consists of 6 dredge variants and 2 other decks.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
This is now a $25 card
It even has more than 1 printing

Why is this?
>>
>>48808081

Because its the hot new meme shit and LGS's are exploiting the rush of people to buy them.

Same with any card.
>>
>>48808081
Except it's not? Starcitygames has it at $7.
>>
>>48808137
Out of Stock
>>
>>48808137
Out of stock prices don't change.
>>
>>48808152
>>48808156
oh shit you right, I didn't notice that.
Yeah I have no explanation
>>
>>48808171
My usually go to for price check is TCG
>>
I know it's not strictly Modern, but I thought I'd ask.

I want some decent proxies printed; can anyone recommend me a site? I'm not looking for counterfeit quality, I'm just looking for something that looks like a reasonable facsimile of the card to use as a proxy in my cube. I'm looking to order a custom list of random singletons stretching back to beta.
I don't want to spend more than 50c - $2 per card, and I don't need them to hold up when shown side-by-side with a real card, but I would like them to look at least nice.

Can anyone recommend a seller?
>>
>>48808208
Search for them on ali express. They're decent looking, you can tell if you look closely. Some have obvious errors but it's about 1/100 I'd say. They feel super off though, but if they're in sleeves they're as good as the real thing for a cube.
>>
>>48808208
White core proxies on aliexpress
>>
>>48808240
>>48808263
ty lads
>>
File: 104.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>48808051

I think people get upset over dredge because wizards get upset over it too. At any change they get, wizards make a big song and dance over how broken dredge is as a mechanic and how they regret introducing it to the game, how they'd never print a mechanic as degenerate as it again etc etc, so it already turned into this boogeyman of a mechanic/deck style.

Now after being neutered and outright gimped by so many cards in recent sets (RiP, Leyline, Relic), the format shying away from combo decks in favour of aggro or burn, and having key cards like dread return banned, all it took was a couple of cards (Prized Amalgam, Neonate, I guess Haunted Dead) for dredge to find a strong shell to exist in and suddenly people are spurging out like its the second coming of eldrazi winter.
>>
>>48807890
Not a deck but still as unfair as the two.
>>
Dredge is the Trump of mtg
>>
>>48808608
Both are literally Hitler desu.
>>
>>48808624
I don't get the 'dredge is nazi' meme
Could you explain it to me ?
>>
>>48808765
MaRo hates it with a burning passion and he's a jew. That's about it, really.
>>
>>48797449
Crying over fair Magic cards? It's a good thing islands cone with tear shaped symbols.
>>
>>48808608
If Dredge is Trump then what would be Hillary, Nahiri Jeskai?

Obviously Bern would be Burn
>>
>>48808899
>Hillary
>America colors
She's Tron or Jund or something.
>>
>>48808917
Probably Tron then
>Urza Lands are her big donors, get three and you have more than enough resources
>Karn is Soros, he can remove anything from the game
>Ugin is Bill, his actions can affect the entire boardstate
>Wurmcoil is her liberal voters, they have loud voices and taking out one just multiplies them
>>
>>48808960
What's Ostone?
>>
>>48808765
>>48808785
In Legacy it's also a relatively cheap (under 1k) deck to fight the expensive dual-filled (jew) decks.
>>
>>48808969
Carl the cuck
>>
>>48808969
Drone attacks.
>>
>>48808978
Sounds like you're a poor Mexican trying to get past the wall to legacy.
>>
>>48808978
FBI wiping away evidence of her email scandal
>>
>>48808969
Something that can protect certain things while destroying others

Obama perhaps?
>>
>>48808978
LED can only go up in price, though, which makes me sad. The reserved list needs to be burned.

>>48808995
If he was poor he would play Burn or something. Also
>insinuating that Dredge players are poor and Mexican
KIKE DETECTED.

>>48809004
Probably

>>48809019
But Obama doesn't wipe any boards. He's targeted destruction via drones.
>>
>>48809019
>>48809004
>>48808992
>>48808982
Actually the DoJ makes more sense
>Shields Hillary from getting prosecuted despite tons of evidence
>Bashes anyone else for anything, especially cops
>>
>>48809019
JIDF
>>
>>48805561
why would you play bw tokens. It's not cheap and it's not good. If you like wide strategies go elves or merfolk.
>>
>>48807248
>Bx processor
Don't remind me. I really wanted that deck to work.
>>
>>48806735
Deathandcatmix. And be nice, the guy cool as hell and doesn't deserve to be called nigger.
>>
>>48809149
Deathandcatmix detected
>>
>>48809173
Nope, but I am black.
>>
Nifty
>>
>>48809291
So are some of my favourite cards! Man we have so much in common.
>>
>>48809434
maybe now people will shut up about location-specific reprints
>>
>>48809434
CARD LITERALLY HAS NO REASON TO BE ON THAT PLANE
>>
>>48809434
HOLY SHIT
THIS MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER
>>
>>48809472
The exact opposite will happen. Now Wizards has no excuse for not jamming reprints into everything.
>>
>>48809528
I'm sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I hate vorthosfags who complain that the flavor wouldn't be right for x reprint on y plane. I want them to shut up.
>>
>>48785737
Would this be ok in affinity or "nigga it aint quick enough"
>>
>>48809599
No it would not be okay in Affinity.
>>
>>48809586
>i hate people who like lore
ayyyy lmao
>>
>>48809615
Thank you anon.

I have taken out some three drops for lupine prototype.

He's gone hellbent over 90% of the time by turn 3-4. I'm really liking its inclusion.
>>
>>48809631
The name may not fit as there are no eldrazi, but the flavour of the card absolutely works.
>>
>>48809483
2strong4standardlol
>>
>>48809586

Conspiracy doesnt count, look at last conspiracy.
>>
reposting my decklist
need serious help tweaking it
planning to keep it around 1000
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-08-16-bant-tempo/
also what do you think about rev for 15 in deck
>>
>>48808081
>tfw I have 4 foils kicking around.

Sheeeit where should I unload these nigs?
>>
>>48810637
>>48810637
Let this ship sink
>>
>>48809721
So put it on Modern Masters. Or Eternal Masters. Or another event deck. Or the Commander decks.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.