[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k Film Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 45

Hey /tg/, you're put in charge of making a hollywood-budget, mass-marketed movie set in the 40k universe. What would a good 40k film look like?
>>
>>48780486
I would make it about the Celestial Lion's downfall
the only storyline that actually relies on plot over action
>>
>>48780536
plus everyone would get to know what dicks the Inquisition can be
>>
>>48780486
Also I would try to make the Aesthetic look exactly like Jose Daniel Cabrera Peña's art
>>
File: WH40K_IronHands_vs_Alaitoc2beta.jpg (393KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
WH40K_IronHands_vs_Alaitoc2beta.jpg
393KB, 1920x1310px
>>48780629
Love his stuff, here's another great one of his
>>
>>48780629
>Also I would try to make the Aesthetic look exactly like Jose Daniel Cabrera Peña's art
Wow. Really? Fucking generic military fiction art with 40k creatures?

This is the definitive 40k art to you? Like, nothing in 40k comes from this aesthetic. It's corpse art.
>>
File: nah.jpg (9KB, 161x181px) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
9KB, 161x181px
>>48780486
>40k movie
>mass-marketed
>>
I think it'd have to have:

- No assumptions that the audience knows any 40k lore

- Relatable characters, no OP brainwashed space muhreens

- Focus on personal drama, not action for the sake of action
>>
>>48780755
How is desert environment automatically generic military fiction? Just because it's more photo-realistic means it's not 40k?

Those marines look intimidating as fuck, which delivers the 40k aesthetic perfectly
>>
>>48780486
generic start with an imperial world, that looks gothy and stuff. Show a city getting terror bombed by rebels.

An inquisitor (greenhorn) called in to deal with this, bring retinue, while also narrating.

during investigation, catch glimpses of imperial life, standard living conditions and so on. make friendly relations to a number of people down there, from informants, to planetary governor.

delves into the sordid affairs of the world in question, uncovers Chaos, relates the horrors of chaos to viewers through mutations, corrupting thoughts in his retinue, etc.

Shit, turns out a considerable part of the planet is about to fall to the heretics. daemon summonings happening all over.

fight off daemons that get summoned to the world, realize they don't have what it takes to keep them at bay. Not much of a choice left. Heavy heartedly order exterminatus.

whether he and his retinue survive is up to debate, as his file is closed.
>>
I've had a dumb idea in my head for a while I kinda like.

There's a big, stagnating war taking place on a vast, super-fertile agriworld supplying food to an entire solar system. Imperial Guard are holding back an Eldar incursion on the edges of a highly populated area. A group of soldiers and their veteran sargeant are suddenly taken out between fights by an Inquisitor who is commandeering them for a mission of utmost importance, once he refuses to divulge any specific info on. All they know is an important general has gone missing and they were to find him. It's also the beginning of winter, so fighting is about to get worse, again, so they want him back sooner rather than later.

Basically, a cold Heart of Darkness, IG don't trust the Inquisitor but keep tight on it, after fighting off ethereal and graceful Eldar attacks in the encroaching snow and ice, traversing a long, vast river and miles and miles of freezing forests, it eventually slips that the general had gone rogue, took his platoon with them and turned traitor to Chaos. The further into the cold wilderness they go, the spookier it gets and after Chaos corrupted IG attack in the night, the Inquisitor gets a call in and orders Space Marine reinforcements because the general is apparently too far gone now to take on alone. They're fucking huge and just like the visions of Angelic Imperial Wrath they ought to be to the IG.

Eventually they get to the ancient castle ruins the general has taken over. It looks a crumbling Gothic castle keep just sitting amongst foggy, undulating hills. It's thoroughly corrupted with organic looking stone splitting apart revealing tendon and flesh within. They fight the corrupted IG and eventually the insane, daemonic general who planned to mass sacrifice his men to let in Chaos and devour both sides fighting for the planet. They kill him and the Inquisitor takes the guard with him off the planet, their fate left unexplained.
>>
File: Starship Troopers.jpg (340KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Starship Troopers.jpg
340KB, 1000x1500px
>>48780486
>What would a good 40k film look like?
>>
Something like ADB's Night Lords or Titanicus where there are normal humans thrown in amongst the more grimdark elements. So, probably something involving the Imperial Guard, with maybe Chaos or Tyranids as antagonists, probably better with Orks. Tyranids would be seen as too similar to Starship Troopers and to have Chaos as a good antagonist you really need a good understanding of the Imperium which a new audience wouldn't have. Let's go with a trilogy, following some Guardsmen.

First film:
IG deployed to fight Orks, find a much larger Waaaaggghh than anticipated. Spess Marines come to save the day.

Second film:
IG sent to a different planet, but stop somewhere else because of Eldar being spotted. Fuck with the Eldar for a bit. The Eldar were there trying to stop Chaos (ala Dawn of War), enter Chaos as the main baddies. Set up for final showdown in 3rd film.

Third film:
Massive battle. Everyone dies. Because grimdark.

Then we do another movie every 6 months and rake in the money as GW tries to outdo Marvel.
>>
>>48781938
that movie was retarded.
>>
>>48781952
i like this trilogy set up.
>>
>>48780486

Here's how the trailer goes.

-Open to a black screen. Games Workshop and 40K logos are shown. The sounds of blowing wind and distant gunfire are heard, faintly. The voice of the Vitrian Dragoon, Zogat, sounds out softly.

Zogat: “You men of Tanith… there are very few of you, I understand?”

-Fade-in to a close-up of trooper Caffran, his face caked with mud and uniform in disarray. Behind him, above the edge of a sodden crater, the devastation of a wrecked plain rife with shell-holes and barbed wire is visible. He nods, and speaks quietly.

Caffran: “Barely two thousand. All that could be salvaged from our homeworld when it died.”

Zogat: “What happened to your world? What happened to you?”

-Caffran turns, showcasing the blue dragon tattoo on his temple, and stares into the distance.

Caffran: “Tanith was a glorious place. A forest world, dense and… mysterious.
>>
File: Guant_Attack.jpg (426KB, 1101x976px) Image search: [Google]
Guant_Attack.jpg
426KB, 1101x976px
>>48782641

-Cut to sweeping shots of mountains, valleys, and plains, all overgrown in verdant trees. Caffran’s voice continues over the scenery.

Caffran: “The trees could move, you see. Made it somewhat difficult to get around.”

-Cut to shot of two men watching the shifting forest from a hilltop.

Caffran: “So, we developed good instincts.”

-The same men make their way through the forest.

Caffran: “How to find our way with no point of reference…”

-One of the men looks about intently, gazing at the sun for but a moment before continuing.

Caffran: “How to read the land…”

-The other man bends low to investigate a series of tracks on the forest floor. He points in the direction they lead.

Caffran: “How to move unseen and unheard…”

-The men silently creep up over a rise. A large beast comes into view, grazing on some low foliage.

Caffran: “And how to kill.”

-One of the men shoulders a rifle, and fires a single shot.
>>
If I were to make a Tau movie, it would be Heart of Darkness with farsight
>>
File: WH40K Gaunt.jpg (180KB, 850x615px) Image search: [Google]
WH40K Gaunt.jpg
180KB, 850x615px
>>48782667

-Cut back to Caffran, who smirks slightly.

Caffran: “Turns out the Imperium of Man could use people of our particular skills.”

-Cut to wide-angle shot of troopships descending onto a plain filled with lines of tents. A stone city can be seen nearby. The sounds of celebration are heard.

Caffran: “We were the first regiment ever mustered from Tanith. We were eager to serve. Eager to fight for our home.”

-Cut to the regiment’s insignia, waving steadily in the breeze beneath a blue sky.

Caffran: “But then Tanith died.”

-The sky above the insignia turns a dirty red, filled with fire. Screams are heard over the roaring flames. The insignia falls over as the camera pans upward, showing the forests of Tanith ablaze. Hordes of Chaos spawn surge over the hills. One turns to look at the camera, and lunges for it. Cut to black.

Zogan: “And only two thousand of you survived.”

-Cut to Caffran, his face a mixture of anger and grim satisfaction.

Caffran: “All thanks to Gaunt.”

-Cut to a dropship, its rear bay open. Shots of hellfire spatter against the interior as a man in the uniform of a commissar urges more men into the vehicle. His face is intentionally kept above and out of the frame.

Caffran: “Gaunt saved us. Gave us a reason to fight again.”

-Cut to the same uniformed figure, pacing before the assembled troopers. They watch him intently, their faces showing signs of pain, frustration, and sorrow.

Caffran: “Showed us that we could still fight for our home.”

-The uniformed figure draws a bolt pistol, and holds it high. In response, the troopers hoist their own weapons in unison and fix bayonets.

Caffran: “Showed us that we could still make the enemy pay.”

-The troopers thrust their weapons forward, and a close-up shot shows the skull and daggers of the Tanith emblem on the silver blades.
>>
File: 1320072830295.jpg (2MB, 1286x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1320072830295.jpg
2MB, 1286x1800px
>>48782696

Caffran: “We’re the vengeful spirits of a dead world, you see.”

-A series of rapid cuts ensues, showing the Ghosts in combat. Mkoll quietly and bloodily slits a foe’s throat. Corbec hefts his lasgun and urges his squad forward.

Caffran: “We’re the ghosts of Tanith.”

-Rawne levels his pistol at an offscreen target. Larkin fires a single shot from his weapon.

Caffran: “We’re HIS ghosts.”

-The quick cuts continue, culminating in an overhead shot of the downtrodden Ghosts, centered on Milo, who lifts his head up as a new voice calls out.

Gaunt: “Men of Tanith!”

Cut to Gaunt, standing on the crest of a muddy trench. He faces away from the camera, toward a fiery battlefield backlit by a golden sun. His uniform is torn and bloodied, he holds his smoking bolt pistol aloft, and his cape flaps wildly in the wind. The camera zooms toward him as he draws his chainsword and thumbs it on. He slowly turns, gazing directly at the camera, and asks:

Gaunt: “Do you want to live forever?”

Gaunt hefts the sword high and charges away from the camera. His cape whirls around, obscuring the shot as the view fades to black. Rising out of the darkness as though emerging from the smoke of battle, the title appears:

Caffran: “Gaunt’s Ghosts.”
>>
>>48780486
I've often said the sure fired way to make it work is to make it about the battle of one planet. Probably humans fighting eldar, eventually chaos roll in to fuck everything up
>>
>>48782719
i dig it
>>
>Opening scenes are Tyranid swarms engulfing entire planets, flowing around them as a mass in space, map zooms way out and pans across the universe to another planet near the center
>Cut to a dark room, an Ordo Xenos Inquisator is being interrogated by an Ordo Hereticus
"The back of the Ordo Hereticus' hand made a meaty slap as it struck *name*. "We'll start from the beginning, scum. What are your qualifications and standing orders?" Demanded the Inquisitor. "Inquisitor *name*, Ordo Xenos, I was sent to investigate the genestealer presence on the planet **", *name* stammered, spitting out a tooth and glaring.
Use this section to introduce the Inquisition and their role
>Story starts as he tells about being sent to investigate a Genestealer infestation
>Series of short vignettes focusing on Tyranid presence in the Imperium, introducing the audience to the Tryanid race, narrated by the Ordo Xenos Inquisitor.
>End scene with urgent transmission which the Ordo Hereticus leaves the room to receive
>Pan back out, swarms are still overtaking planets, brief cut of ork camps being overrun on a planet, swathes of flame fired from a gargant cut down the swarm before being pulled over and covered
>Zoom in on a crystaline mass glying through space, 'nids closing in behind
>Zoom in through sretts of craftworld to the Seer Council room of Lyanden
>Show Eldar deploying fighters, jeavy casualties
>Show a Wraithknight striding through a massive webway gate only to be destroyed
>cut back to imperium

Just the whole Kraken war, especially the corsairs swooping in to save Lyanden, emphasive the tense politics between the imperium and eldar and the uneasy truce they come to to fight the nids, I wanna see a scene with wraithlords and dreadnaughts forming a firing line side by side.
>>
>>48780486
Eisenhorn.
>>
File: 47614849494184.png (318KB, 960x564px) Image search: [Google]
47614849494184.png
318KB, 960x564px
>Imperium vs eldar
>Has a guardsman talking over the violence
>It is the 41st millennium
>I am an imperial guardsman
>I server and fight for the betterment of humanity
>Though I feel our purpose has no grace
>Something in my head tells me this wrong yet I still push on
>Sees then takes aim an eldar
>For it is the 41st millennium
>hesitates and lowers his rifle
>and there is only..
>Executed by commissar for incompetence
>Commissar speaks now
>WAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaJBV-Ey7ZQ
>>
>>48782204
ur retarded
>>
It would have to be an armed insurrection with IG holding out against cultists and the like. No idea it's anything but another WWII drama. Then out of nowhere for the last 30mins we find out it's a Fallen leading the insurrections and at 15mins before the allies lose, drop pods from heaven. Dark Angels deploy. Save the day. Only to nuke the planet from orbit--no survivors. Secret is safe.
>>
>>48780486
Can't be done, mass-market and Hollywood budget just wouldn't work with 40K. Making it mainstream is what's killing the lore now, so unless there's a philanthropist who wants to pay for it all Hollywood would never fund film that captured the essence of 40K.
>>
>"Titanicus" by Dan Abnett
>Pitch it to Netflix
>Pacific Rim meets Battlestar Galatica.
>Animated mini-series consisting of 8-10 episodes

Let me tell you about the animation, anon:
old school grandiose gothic hand drawn frames on freaking butcher paper and with god damn charcoal and muted pastels combined with motion capture and CGI so detailed you can the individual pores on a warhound's princeps.
Fuck if I know how to combine the two but that's how it should be.
>>
> pew pew
> BOOM!
>Screee
> *unintelligable screaming*
>>
There's a German fan 40k film out there that I personally think is pretty damn good. A bit slow at times, not the most well-told story, but the ending is perfectly 40k and gets the tone of the setting down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J4_r0ds138

I would take this, twist up the story a little and dust it off to provide a good look at one section of 40k that I feel most encompasses the universe - fairly normal humans trying their best to get shit done and going up against something they don't understand or aren't prepared for. None of Dan Abnett's 'walking in the desert for 40 minutes.'
>>
>>48780486
40k isn't mainstream nerdy enough to get a following. StarCraft could because blizzard is hip.
>>
>>48784389
>Catachan
>Inquisitorial Storm Trooper
>Rouge Trader?
>Tech Priest

Thats some crew
>>
>>48780486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
>>
>>48780804
>What is all sci-fi

The thing is, you would have to set it in a place and with a faction that is not crazy deep in the lore. That way you can introduce the audience to it gradually. The only way this will work is with Imperial Guard or the Space Marines.

>A brutal war of attrition with a virgin, easy-to-like Guard Regiment that is pitted against the Chaos-aligned PDF.
>As the war wears on, the characters are gradually killed off leaving the younger one to gradually grow more hardened.
>Give it a strong anti-war message to get it past the SJW radar and get them behind it.
>Like Saving Private Ryan, only there is no overarching goal, there is no grand rescue mission, no home to get back to, no family to defend.
>This gradually dawns on the protagonist and the audiance as he fights, and fights, and fights without ever knowing why, or who, or when or for what reasons.

>Theirs was not to make reply,
>Theirs was not to reason why,
>Theirs was but to do and die:
>Into the valley of Death
> Strode the Sixth Cantarans Regiment
>>
Isant Event Horizon 40k the movie?
>>
>>48780944
>personal drama

Nope! It's going to be Zach Snyder remaking 300. But this time it'll be Space Marines versus Traitor guard!

At least it will look pretty...
>>
>>48782719
10/10 would get hype over
>>
File: 1403921775427.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1403921775427.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
>>48782204
>>
File: 40kTV.jpg (1MB, 994x3404px) Image search: [Google]
40kTV.jpg
1MB, 994x3404px
>>
File: inquisitor.jpg (158KB, 736x1022px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitor.jpg
158KB, 736x1022px
Definitely not from a Marine's viewpoint. So Either base it on Inquisition or Guardsmen.

Inquisitors retinue would give a very varied cast from all walks of the Imperium.
>>
>>48782719
you know what? If someone just made that i'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>48783712
Kek I could dig this
>>
File: B6TTLMTIQAE-TC5.jpg large.jpg (164KB, 960x752px) Image search: [Google]
B6TTLMTIQAE-TC5.jpg large.jpg
164KB, 960x752px
>>48787670
I like this one personally, but there are few good ones out there.
>>
>>48787670
Why would I want a show with primarchs? It'd literally be Big Brother.
>>
HBO series of the Eisenhorn trilogy. One season per book.
>>
File: simon pegg nick frost.jpg (54KB, 634x411px) Image search: [Google]
simon pegg nick frost.jpg
54KB, 634x411px
>>48780486
>Ctrl+f "Ciaphas Cain"
>0 results

I am disappoint.

>On lifeboat pod after ship gets attacked
>I'm sorry sir
>It's not your fault the ship was attacked, Jurgen
>No, I mean I'm SORRY sir...
>What? oh OH EMPEROR DEFEND MY NOSTRILS!
>>
>>48780486
I would introduce the serious with five films released at the same time, they would seem unrelated and throughout the films more and more 40k attributes would be seen until at the end it's fully immersed, then before the credits roll the "it is the 41st millenium' starts to play out with images and scenes to help introduce the setting more.

And then if the audience wants more we make the first real film of the series.
>>
>>48782719
I'm so unbelievably hard right now
>>
In the grim darkness of the 41th millennium

I'd have it around the third war for Armageddon, with the point of view of a Steel Legion mechanized infantry sergeant roaming the desert with a compagny to fight sparse ork camps, meeting up with other regiments from other planets pictured in stereotypical ways (this part would be mostly slice of life with a few small scale skirmishes). Everyone is going to the rendez-vous point but the sergeant insists to divert his squad to help a few civilians on the way to the meetup. Company commander urefuses but the squad gets help from an elysian lighr buggy crew, a catachan sentinel and the remnants of a squad of chem dogs. Theres some heroic sacrifices of munor characters but the orks get routed and the civilians rescued.

While they are on the way to the rendez vous Yarrick gives an inspiring speech in front of a massive force of guardsmen for a new offensive. The assault begins and is a masdive slaughter for everyone involved, but our heroes, due to being late and not coming from the planned side are behind enemy lines, they see a space marine drop pod in the distance and fight their way to it. Emphasis on the fact that space marines are totally different from the human they once were and litteral angels of death. The squad, their friends and the marines fight their way to big boss. Heroic deaths all around and only a few guards and two space marines get to the boss. The marines get wounded in the fight but the last chem dog sacrifices himself to allow clear shots from the wrecked chimera multilaser turret, the astartes missile launcher and the last standing guards special weapons.

The boss dies and the rest of the imperial forces make junction with the squad, some congratulations, slice of life, promotions, space marines thanking the sarge.

Last seqience is a zoom out with cuts showing that the battle was just a minuscule part of a planet at war in a system at war in a sector at war in a galaxy at war.

There's only war
>>
>>48789337
The aesthetics and feeling of the first part of the movie would be like those movies about the gulf war, with soldiers joking, playing cards, talking about what they will do when they get demobilized but getting more and more tense as we move to the climax. I'd show it on screen by having more and more references to the Emperor, soldiers praying and chanting more and more often, the interior walls of the chimera getting cluttered with pages of prayers, and a makeshift altar, and finally the encounter with the space marines.
>>
>>48780486
Just get Peter Jackson to turn the Forges of Mars Trilogy into the new LotR
He didn't actually want to do the Hobbit, that's nothing to judge him for

Or make an HBO deal with the Eisenhorn or Gaunts Ghosts IPs
>>
File: Even in death we still serve.jpg (688KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Even in death we still serve.jpg
688KB, 2560x1440px
The script already exists. It just needs to be picked up.

Legion of the Damned: The Movie, now.
>>
Whatever it is, I see Jason Statham as a space marine
>>
>>48789567
Jason Statham as Corpus-Captain Zechariah Kersh.
>>
>>48780486
First of all forget all notions of doing the Horus Heresy or any stupid shit like that.

The 40k movie needs to focus on an imperial guardsman, from their quiet life on a fuedal backwater to being mustered to fight for the emperor against orks in some futuristic hive they are completely out of element in, on a scale that shows both the power and wastefulness of the Imperium. During the second act a space marine whose drop pod was blown off course links up with the guardsman's squad and enlists them to help him assassinate the Warboss, and we see how batshit insane powerful space Marines are, ripping up the Ork monsters that have been eating las fire like candy the whole movie.

The group kills the Warboss but the space marine dies in the process. Everyone gets medals. The guardsman packs up and seems to be about to be sent to yet another warzone when a mysterious man calls his attention.

He's wearing an inquositorial Rosarius, and his name is Gregor Eisenhorn.
>>
>>48789625
Have the first part open with the guardsmen being hyped that knights will be joining them at muster, especially the mounted guys that the audience will mistake for knights, then while the knights are being loaded onto the ship and the guardsmen look on in awe, enjoy the audience try to figure out why a feudal world has giant mechs or a spaceship.
>>
File: p167459_p_v8_ab.jpg (413KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p167459_p_v8_ab.jpg
413KB, 960x1440px
>>48780486
>>
File: Horus Heresy movie.jpg (423KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Horus Heresy movie.jpg
423KB, 1200x600px
>>
>>48789504

I know there's a fair few 40k fans at Weta (You should see some of their armies), so there'd be interest towards that end.
>>
>>48787670
this is pretty solid casting, mah nigga Titus Pullo as Leman Russ is perfect
>>
File: event horizon.jpg (905KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
event horizon.jpg
905KB, 1920x1080px
It's kind of hard to get an audience to understand 40k without introducing them to the cosmic horror aspec that underlies the entire setting, and no major studio is going to throw a lot of money at an obscure IP without testing out the waters first, so....

Have the focus be on some low level AdMech priests salvaging a ship somewhere that turns out to be Chaos corrupted

Space Marines (preferably a more vanilla chapter like Dark Angels, but to stay consistent with canon it may have to be gray knights) show up at some point later in story, they shouldn't be major characters.

Since the setting is so weird, you may need an audience surrogate character, I was thinking maybe even a person left in cryosleep during the age of progress, and then gets woken up by the AdMech. Maybe they had a disease or condition that forced them into cryo( like in Blue Gender).

So basically Event Horizon but upping the Medieval High Tech to eleven
>>
>>48789625
may be more fitting that the guardsmen to be utterly forgotten by the historians and command, even after they sacrifice themselves/fight the warboss, too.

Wasn't it Gaunt who said "For every hero commemorated, a thousand martyrs die unmourned and unremembered?"
>>
File: 1446988479869.jpg (54KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
1446988479869.jpg
54KB, 324x289px
>>48782719
>>48782696
>>48782667
>>48782641
>>
>>48788450
ikr. Its the perfect way to get people into the universe so all the other ideas in this thread would be able to happen.
>>
I'd have it start with a retinue of Marines in a transport vehicle. It'll follow them as they die one by one fighting Demons. Eventually the last two end up killing the leader of a group that starts hunting them for sport early in the story. Lots of action, very little plot, incredibly high stakes as you have no idea who'll die next. And someone always dies next.
>>
File: pinhead.jpg (197KB, 1377x774px) Image search: [Google]
pinhead.jpg
197KB, 1377x774px
>>48791170

Part of my reasoning is that right now there seems to be more a market for horror films than big budget war films, they already know how to market them and turn out a reasonable profit, if you can make one good, simple 40k movie at a modest budget, the studios will be more inclined to try more ambitious projects using the license.
>>
make it a tv sires.

You see it from multipel pov.

Space marines, inquisition, imperial guards men, imperial citizen. Eldar, tau, orcs and so forth.1

And like in game of Thrones lots of dead and degeneracy. Its after all a grim dark future.

Flashbacks to the golden age and the time of the hours heresy. lots of stuff.

maybe make it that you follow more likey the houses/clans/chapter then persons.

Titan house and you have the navigator houses.
>>
>>48780486
Orks vs Iron Warriors.
Mostly just RIP AND TEAR with Judas Priest - All Guns Blazing, Debauchery - Storm of Iron and Exodus - Toxic Waltz playing on background. In breaks between good violent fun - orkz making kunning planz and iron warriors fixing heavy ordnance while grots steal lighter dakka.
>>
>>48781924
>General
>Platoon
>>
This might be more suitable for a miniseries, but I think it covers everything
>PDF from a high tech agriworld are formed into their first regiment
>their Commissar is basically exposition
>just fight traitor militia with no major Chaos influence
>soon they get redirected to deal with Ork raiders on a nearby Hive planet
>first few engagements go somewhat bad due to missing equipment, once the heavy armor and artilery lands the tide is turned
>an Ork Warboss manages to crashland on to the planet, his leadership and new forces equalize the playing field
>instead of consolidating their forces and trying to break the Orks with sustained attacks all over their lines, the Guard receives orders to retreat from several outposts and dig in at the main hive city
>the Ork attack is brutal but held off, rumors start that Marines have been deployed
>after a few days of waiting and conflicting reports of Ork activity the Guard is ordered to make a massive armored attack against a detected Ork camp
>the convoy passes through several abandoned Ork outposts where the Orks have been brutally slaughtered
>finally the siege happens
>the moment their guns break the Ork defenders manning the anti air Drop Pods crash almost beyond the IG view
>Marines burst out and immediatelly and effortlesly slaughter their way away from the IG, towards the centre of the camp
>the IG fight on to secure the outpost while slowly advancing towards the Marines
>constantly receiving scattered reports of Marines slaughtering the Orks all over the place
>the camp is mostly secure by now, the Marines emerge from the bunkers looking pissed
>turns out both this attack and the IG digging in were attempts to draw out the new Warboss
>suddenly receive info that the Warboss is moving to attack the Space port
>Marines immediatelly pursue, the IG follow as best they could
>ends in all of them reaching the Warboss, killing him
>the Marines fuck off while the IG are left behind to ensure the Orks are cleansed
>>
From the perspective of the Inquisition would be the best way to sample the universe. It provides a few human characters that people can empathize with, a built-in moral quandary and access to the many weird beings and locations within the Imperium. Make it a fall from grace story as the general audience would want the protagonist to have values that somewhat reflect their own. So you can either have the good intentions leading down the path of ruinous radicalism or a lifetime of shit hardens them up into a puritanical fanatic.

Oh wait, that's just Eisenhorn. Just turn that into a movie. Done.
>>
>>48791227
I had a somewhat similar idea.
It starts with Deathwatch marines in a drop pod. It would show each marine and what is he doing during the drop and then a flashback showing something important in his life. Then the pod lands amongst their massed enemy and they just start killing.
>>
>>48788450
>Ciaphas Cain
I was originally going to suggest it but wouldn't it just boil down to Lots of Narration?
I still would like to see one, but idk if it would work
>>
>>48791205
makes me wish I've read anything of Gaunt's Ghosts
>>
>>48791455

The problem with Ciaphas Cain is the same reason they haven't made a good Flashman movie: Most of the humor is derived from the contrast between what the protagonist is saying and what he's actually thinking. Also, unlike Flashman, Cain doesn't actually do anything overtly sociopathic.
>>
40k universe:
Trailer
Stained glass mural depicting the Emperor upon his golden throne. Voice over
"For ten thousand years, the God Emperor sits upon the Golden Throne, guiding us through thr stars(mural of Astronomicon with battle barges in flight like those propaganda posters) and within our hearts (imperial saint mural fighting xenos and heretic).

(Pans to crowd of worshippers) "Billions upon billions of imperial souls all labouring in his name. But there is a cancer. And it's name is Chaos"
(Mural of daemons/devil)
"The imperium is beset on all sides, threats within and without, threatening to overwhelm us, to turn us from His light."
Camera follows a hooded figure
"So it is up to us, to safeguard His Imperium, to safeguard His people."
(Hooded figure joined by his acolytes, one nods to him, they begin walking out)
"We are.... The Inquisition"
End Trailer
>>
>>48781924
the end of times now
>>
>>48791560
It begins in a diner/restaurant where dirty deals are made. A Jabba the Hut esque man is negotiating a deal to sell xenos artifacts (it's the genuine Eldar gear, Master, guranteed to make you... etc etc) The man inspects it, asks 'How breathtaking, I simply MUST have it!!!' They negotiate and as they are ending, she asks to know where he gets them from. The man starts pushing, the 'Hutt' gets nervous and then, an almost impercetible gesture, and suddenly pandemonium.

His henchmen spring up, guns already leaving their holsters, but they are too late. A blur and suddenly, their heads are detached from their body. A laspistol fires, another headless corpse collapses. The other patrons start running. The man tries to run but his hand is stuck. It's pinnned to the table with a dinner knife. He's pissing his pants, he stutters "W-who are you?!"

"I am Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn. And I believe I asked you a question."
>>
>>48780486
All films are already 40k. That's the point of the setting. Just squint a little and add skulls to taste.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyPggk6x310
>>
>>48791697
that's not the point of the setting
>>
>>48782204
>t. civilian
>>
>>48780486
I'd do the Horus Heresy.

Done right it could easily become bigger than Star Wars.
>>
>>48780486
It will be a generic action movie with some things pointing that the universe is bigger and more detailed then it looks, like the new Dredd movie.

I won't give a single fuck about explaining the universe. The best introduction to wh40k was Dawn of War intro and it explained nothing.
The movie will start with a battle between guard and orks,with all the guards eventually slaughtered. It will also set orks both as antagonists and comic relief at the same time.

Intro rolls in, "in the grim darkness" quote appears for some time.

The main movie starts in a giant steel room.Thousands of guarsman stand in straight lines,while commisar in front of them is reading them some fake propaganda "letters from anonymous guardsman"
Some marines also stand nearby.
Guard go to dropship,we are introduced to one squad of newbies on their first mission.
>>
>>48782204

So just like 40k.
>>
40k would work best as a TV series

Or how Marvel does it.

TV series and Movies for big characters and Storylines
>>
>>48780536
>plot over action
>mass market

Pick one
>>
>>48781952
>GW in association with /tg/ and /tv/ presents...
>>
>>48787670

Keanu is Ollius Pius
>>
>>48786904
Less "THE movie" and more of a precursor film about Humanity's first contact with the Immaterium. Still fits to a T though.
>>
Make a TV series about a Scion slowly recovering his memories from his life before the schola.
>>
A synopsis for a film idea I had rattling around in my head for a while. It focuses on a fresh agri-world Guard squad, sent to fight on a distant world, and slowly come to question whether the Imperium is really worth saving.

1 of 4)

In the far-future of the 41st Millennium, the galaxy-spanning Imperium of Mankind rules over a million worlds, and trillions of souls. It is a time of dogmatic religion, crushing bureaucracy and unceasing war. For over 10,000 years, billions have fought and died defending humankind from the unceasing threats of both xenos without and traitors within, all in the name of the immortal God Emperor of Mankind, sat immobile upon the Golden Throne of Terra.
On the backwater agri-world of Acre, farm boy Levi Trever has turned 16. Though used to the gentle life that the endless fields of Acre affords, Levi is not happy with his doldrum existence – he’s eager to follow the footsteps of his father before him, visit distant worlds and bring honour to his family. He wants to become a career soldier and join the ranks of the Imperial Guard, much to the dismay of his widowed mother.
After leaving his home behind him in the dead of night, taking his mother’s car with him, he makes his way to the regional capital in order to sign up to the Guard, where he is eagerly accepted into the fold. Training is brutal but basic, given that a soldier is considered less valuable than the equipment he carries. Here he meets the nine other men and women in his given squad including the cheery and confident Luciana Kovac, level-headed but introverted Brutus Nikola and veteran sergeant Eli.
>>
2 of 4)

In response to orders to muster troops for the upcoming Sabbat Crusade, they are soon shipped off world, and are stowed for interstellar transport aboard the battleship Shield of Caladon. As the ship enters into the chaotic dimension of the Warp, the squad can faintly hear the muffled wails of the hellscape outside the thick walls of the ship, and a seed of doubt is planted in Levi’s mind.

After a month of travel, the Shield of Caladon emerges from the Warp to reinforce Battlefleet Sabbat, in orbit above the world of Formal Prime. Facing withering ground-to-air fire, the squad is rapidly deployed by Valkyrie dropship into the heat of battle, where the doors open to reveal a scene from hell. Tens of thousands of soldiers scramble to advance under a hail of enemy gunfire, and mighty tanks drive onwards to reach their enemy – an enemy that is all too familiar, a twisted corruption of themselves, a formerly loyal planet fallen to the dark influence of Chaos.

The loyalists are eventually victorious, but at a heavy price. Levi’s squad is down to six members, and the next day is assigned to an armoured transport and the task of scouting further into traitor-held territory, reporting back if any enemy presence is seen. Once eager and optimistic, the team is now quiet and focused on the job at hand. Some Guardsmen in the team feel betrayal towards the military command after the complete tactical failure of the initial assault. Brutus recounts his mother’s death, lynched at the hands of a fanatical Confessor on Acre, who had falsely accused her of witchcraft and heresy.
>>
3 of 4)

The transport drives through the remains of an Imperial settlement, now destroyed by the traitorous forces. Mutilated bodies are impaled on posts stretching down the road through the town. Crimes are written in blood beneath each corpse – ‘COWARD’, ‘THIEF’, ‘WEAK’. In the centre of the city is a shrine to some dark god, encircled by the impaled heads of Imperial officials and priests. More crimes are seen – ‘RAPIST’, ‘GLUTTON’, ‘LIAR’. Most of the squad are repulsed by the display. Some see it as just, with justice rarely applying to those high in the circles of Imperial politics. The shrine seems to emanate power, and barely audible over the wind, dark whispers are heard from every direction. They quickly carry on towards enemy territory.

As the vehicle progresses, the landscape becomes increasingly twisted and barren. In the distance the muffled sounds of a major battle is heard, and the command is heard over the radio to take a lightly defended listening post at the outskirts of a strongly held fortress city.
>>
4 of 4)

Fog slowly envelops the landscape as the evening falls upon the world. A silhouette comes into view standing in the road – an old man, covered in scars, with the symbol of his god branded into his forehead. Surrounded at gunpoint, Eli attempts to interrogate the man for anything he might know. However, he rants out the death of the Corpse-Emperor, the coming of Khorne and the inevitable victory of Chaos. Not seeing any use in the madman, Eli produces a las-pistol and executes the man on the spot. Brutus explodes with anger over the murder of what he considers an innocent person. Eli defends his decision as anything a loyal Imperial officer would do, and that to question that decision could also be deemed as a traitorous act. In a sudden frenzy, Brutus pulls out his combat knife and slashes Eli’s throat, before violently stabbing him repeatedly on the ground. The rest of the remaining squad are too shocked to respond.

Brutus, covered in the blood of his former sergeant, slowly stands up. He explains that if to stay loyal means to have total disregard to human life and support a corrupt regime, then he is proud to call himself a traitor. Turning to the others that felt the Imperium is unjust, he invites them to help him take the chimera, and surrender themselves to the side of Chaos. The vox operator tries to report to command, but is quickly killed by another squad mate. Brutus says that anyone who doesn’t join will be spared, as they are not to blame, but will be left behind, abandoning Levi and Luciana.

Knowing that they will not last long alone behind enemy lines, and that the rest of the squad hasn’t got far to travel to meet with the traitor forces at the listening post, Levi and Luciana decide to try take back the transport and escape back to the rest of the regiment.
>>
5 of 4)

After following the tank tracks back to a small broadcast centre, they attempt to approach the station under the cover of dark. However, they are spotted while within the compound, and the alarm is raised. A desperate battle ensues as Levi and Luciana attempts to hold off the fanatical forces, including the guardsmen from their former squad. Now resigned to their deaths behind enemy lines, Luciana plants a grenade in the opening of the chimera’s fuel intake, which explodes as the traitors swarm past it.

The only survivor of the explosion reveals himself to be Brutus. With murderous intent in his eyes and the symbol of Khorne branded into his chest, he challenges Levi to die like a man and fight hand to hand. In a rage of religious fervour he accepts the challenge.

While Brutus is physically larger, Levi’s agility allows him to slowly plunge a knife into his heart as Brutus resists. However, as the knife enters his ribcage, he smiles, and notes that it’s all the same in the end – that they’re both the pawns of some unimaginable power, fighting for causes that they know deep down are ultimately evil. Brutus dies, and Levi and Luciana console themselves that killing their former friends was their duty.

The next morning, they are seen on the side of the road by an advancing tank column, followed by the regimental command. Levi and Luciana are sent to the field medic to treat their wounds, and are immediately assigned to a new squad, as they prepare to fight the enemy once again.
>>
>>48791560
Add in flashes, just split-second glimpses, of how things really are. The shot of the stained glass emperor replaced for just a second by a shot of the actual emperor's desiccated body connected to the horrifying life support system that is his throne, etc.
>>
>>48782719
The dialogue you picked is just perfect for a trailer-- but I find the whole flashback-to-tanith-and-the-founding thing a bit cheesy.

I feel like a trailer with that should be of scenes of themes that relate to the lines, but not literally, you know.

It's an imaginary trailer, I am criticizing an imaginary trailer. I dig the idea, man. Gaunt's Ghosts best movie
>>
File: Steel-Rain.png (1MB, 942x639px) Image search: [Google]
Steel-Rain.png
1MB, 942x639px
>>48781758

This but instead of Exterminatus

Steel Rain !

And a fairly normal space marine chapter like the Fist/Smurfs/Black Templars go and purge the shit out of the chaos hive

This part would only be the last 30 mins and the focus would still be around the inquisitor.
>>
>>48780486

I'd love to see a series based on Gaunt's Ghosts. It wouldn't much prior knowledge of the setting, just Band of Brothers in spaaace.
>>
>>48780755

And what, pray tell, makes "military fiction art" generic?
Like, what specifically?
>>
>>48788534
You mean all of them have 40k attributes, but no connecting features? one'll be SM VS CSM, another guard vs orcs, a third tau and tyranids. Fans'll recognise it, but normies'll only realise it after they saw multiple films.
>>
>>48781952

I like the idea of Orks, but we shouldn't focus too closely on how the Orks really are. They are the setting's comic relief characters, but that would be a big turnoff for a lot of new audiences. Especially if we heard them talk using toddler speak in thick Cockney accents.
Keep them seen from a distance. Terrifying savage beasts in huge numbers with crude but effective technology.
>>
File: jason-isaac-209x300.jpg (16KB, 209x300px) Image search: [Google]
jason-isaac-209x300.jpg
16KB, 209x300px
>>48787670
>>48787855

>Not Jason Isaacs as Fulgrim

Fuck you both and those charts!
>>
The expandables 2 (story and cast), but with Space Marines.
>>
>>48783197
>I wanna see a scene with wraithlords and dreadnaughts forming a firing line side by side

They never really negotiated anything? The imperium certaintly wasn't on Iyanden when it was attacked
>>
>>48791170
Basically this. Take Event horizon, turn it into more of a 40k style movie, but keep it as a chaos infested ship with guardsmen and admech exploring it, horror elements etc.. later in the film hint at the bigger imperium etc and all the other shit
>>
>>48794181
The Expandables sounds like a bad porn parody.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 500x324px
>>48794181
Space Marines versus Jean Claude Van Damme?

I like it
>>
File: Lamenters on Slaughterhouse.png (886KB, 750x690px) Image search: [Google]
Lamenters on Slaughterhouse.png
886KB, 750x690px
Lamenters on Slaughterhouse
>>
>>48786850
>catering to sjws to not deal with the complaining of sjws
That is how they win, an also the wrong answer. The correct answer is to ignore them entirely.
>>
I always thought Double Eagle would make a tremendous movie. Battle of Britain in 40k. What's not to like?
>>
>>48782204
>A Retarded interpretation of the book makes a Retarded film.

The film missed the entire point of the Book. The whole book is about Rico constantly chatting about issues of warfare and how retarded it is giving people who don't contribute anything to society the ability to dictate how it should develop. The moral philosophy classes that are discussed in the film for about 5 minutes compared to a good 3rd of the book are about questioning what the fucking point is in saying that people who dick around all day will vote for anyone elses benefit than themselves.

The other half is an allegory to that whole point. Rico spends a good part analyzing about not being a comissioned officer then how taking responsibility for more people means you need to step up and do something about it. He then becomes an officer and notes how theirs practically zero difference barring its his ass that gets chewed out if he messes up. The remainder is him coming to terms with that and realizing that actually everyone else is on the same wavelength as him in the MI because they aren't there to dick about but earn their place.

Fuck that film. It had zero concept of what warfare involves (since it used massed infantry charges with zero armor or air support) and kept changing the power of the weapons from scene to scene.
>>
>>48794407
People love big dramatic films about overpowered warriors dying heroicly to the last man. This would sell so well.
>>
>>48780486
I'd just adapt the first Ciaphas Cain novel.
>>
>>48794355

I thought it might be a fun idea to have the end credits sequence spliced with 5 to 10 seconds of footage of larger battles happening across the imperium, based on the classic 40k artwork, with a slow narration of the classic 40k opening scawl every time it cuts back to the credits, have it mixed up for dramatic effect

>Directed X

>....It is the 41st Millennium

>Cut to the 8th Cadian at the Battle of Tyrok fields

>Cuts back to Credits

>Executive Producer X

>To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable.

>Cuts to the Battlefeet Gothic exiting the warp

>Cuts back to Credits

>Starring X

>Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned.

>Cuts to Orks overruning an Imperial Guard position.

>Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.

>Cut to the Battle of Macragge.
>>
File: whatthehellface.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
whatthehellface.gif
1MB, 245x200px
>>48791475
>>48791475

It's a pretty good series, anon. Definitely worth reading.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is up with Warmaster? I see copies turn op on ebay and Amazon every now and then for $500+ and just... what the fuck?
How are there no PDFs of this book yet? Why hasn't it had a bigger release?
>>
>>48794311
iirc the Eldar helped the Imperium on other planets during the second Tyrannic War
>>
>>48780486
I'd cast ray stevenson, kevin mckidd, james purefoy and the guy who played roose bolton as space marines, Antje Traue as a sister of battle

3d map and motion capture the faces of actors, uglify them to fit 40k

instead of a film, a collection of short stories that paints the 40k universe would be a better way to introduce viewers

>>48780721
anyone have the syrian war photo this was based on?
>>
>>48780486
>mass-marketed movie set in the 40k universe
Just no.

>What would a good 40k film look like?

It wouldn't be a
>a hollywood-budget, mass-marketed movie

because these are neither grimdark nor depressing enough to fit the 40k lore. I don't want a happy ending romance between an Ultramarine and a Guardswomen during a Black Crusade.
>>
>>48795254
> A Collection of short stories.

So, some sort of netflix-style miniseries?
>>
>>48781758
>>48793103

And then, during a preview of the movie the test audience would vote that the ending sucks and they want to have an happy ending like it happened to tons of movies before and then the movie makers would re-write it so the crowd wont go home with a bad feel.

New ending will be like:
>space marines come
>kill enemies
>save some civilians/save some puppies
>everyone claps
>>
>>48792023
Yeah, but you can't do it right these days.
>>
>>48795315
or like the animatrix or some shit
>>
I think any Warhammer movie is going to have to start more grounded then pile on the Warhammer stuff slowly. The first movie should have the same tone as Alien/Terminator. Gritty sci-fi, humans vs aliens. Something like this

-Our hero and his brother are children, they live in a big castle on an agricultural world

-Dark stormy night. Children playing hide and seek. Hero has an ork mask, brother has a space marine mask

-Inquisitor and goons arrive and break in. Find kids, ask them where their parents are. Notices space marine mask, tells them if they want to be like a space marine they will scream for their parents. Kids don't trust him.

-Parents caught anyway. Accused of heresy and executed. Kids sent to army.

- Fast forward 20 years. Hero leads a spec ops team on a hive world. Think blade runner but more gothic.

-Hero leads spec ops team and hunts down some heretics/religious fanatics (no mention of chaos yet)

-Congratulated by his superiors. Inquisitor who killed parents steps out and congratulates him too. Doesn't recognise hero

-Hero goes deep into the underworld of the city and meets his brother, who has become successful gangster. Brother has been passing information on heretical cults to the army through the hero

-Hero tells him inquisitor is back

-Brother goes after inquisitor with his gang. Kills his men and tortures him but is killed by inquisitors bodyguard, a shadowy cloaked figure.

-Hero finds out brother dead. Commanding officer gives him time and his team time off. Hero worried inquisitor might come after him

-Next day Eldar attack. Wreck city. Apocalyptic 9/11 imagery. Total Imperial rout. Eldar start digging in centre of city, looking for something.

-Hero and his team stuck in warzone in dead of night. Meet other survivors and hole up. Terrified, have never seen aliens before.

-Howling banshees infiltrate building where hero and survivors located. Mass slaughter, violent. Survivors panic and get torn apart.
>>
>>48795332
you can always disregard the test audience's preference then.

no one says you have to change it based on their opinions. It's just to gauge the expected response.

at the very least, make it a bitter sweet ending, like narrating how their deaths accomplished something for the imperium and humanity as a whole.
>>
>>48795315
>>48795366
this would work way better than a real movie. it also offers way more freedom to bad/depressing endings and all that stuff
>>
-Hero and team make it to roof and jump across to adjacent roof. Banshee gives chase, but stops when she sees the team aiming weapons at her.
-Removes helmet. Beautiful woman. Hero and team shocked. Then the team panic and they blow her away. Everything goes silent.
-Hero and team escape warzone. Rendezvous with commanding officer.
-Hero learns Inquisitor is in a town outside the city. Wants revenge, convinces command to let him evacuate officer.
>>
>>48795389
I know that they don't have to, but in most cases they do what the test audience wants because they want to make money. And thats why making a 40k movie for the masses is just a bad idea.
>>
File: sizecomp.jpg (494KB, 1024x594px) Image search: [Google]
sizecomp.jpg
494KB, 1024x594px
>>48787855

I don't how you're supposed cast a TV series where, based on the source material, at least half of the characters a literal giants, even out of armor. Short of finding a bunch of super tall gym rats that moonlight at the community theatre, you would have to do it all digitally, which poses its own problems.
>>
>>48796460

Or just do what they do in Tom Cruise movies and have him stand on stools the whole time.
>>
>>48787670
The most manly piece of art ever created by man basically.
>>
File: 52769.jpg (21KB, 416x277px) Image search: [Google]
52769.jpg
21KB, 416x277px
>>48796460
You realize they only used perspective tricks for this in LOTR, right?
Making somebody seem short or tall is ridiculously easy if you can determine the viewing angle yourself.
>>
File: IH_Contemptor_siege_variant2.png (2MB, 1250x1318px) Image search: [Google]
IH_Contemptor_siege_variant2.png
2MB, 1250x1318px
>>48780486
Helsreach. It has a great narrative arc, Grimaldus is slightly more relatable than the average cardboard cutout, Salamanders and SOB cameo, and as the siege progresses the hopeless heroism of 40k really stands out.
>>
File: le laughing face man.jpg (45KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
le laughing face man.jpg
45KB, 600x477px
>>48797966
>>
>>48795134
Iirc, it's not even out. Amazon UK says 2014, but I see no mention of it on BL itself. I remember Abnett has been preoccupied with other stuff as well.
Personally I'm not too hyped since the way Salvation Reach was written, it sounds primed for betrayal.
>>
>>48800873

Amazon shows it was released in February of this year and there's a 3rd party seller with 2 copies of it selling both for $599.

I've pretty much given up all hope for Penitent, the 2nd book in the Bequin trilogy.

By "primed for betrayal", do you mean bad things are gonna happen in the story or do you mean it's just gonna be extremely shitty compared to what we're used to?
One thing I've noticed is that Abnett seems to add more and more odd things in his 40k books as time goes by. For example, Wirewolves. Metal constructs designed to temporarily house summoned Daemons.
Inquisitor Rime, a heretical inquisitor whose agents are all named Sirkle and look exactly like him, and when he dies he just gets a new body (It's been a few years since I've read the series, rereading it now and I'm on Blood Pact so I can't remember exactly how that ends up playing out).
Then in the Ravenor series there's a Daemon that's trapped in a mechanical contraption (can't remember what they call it, something-abula), the whole Enuncia thing, body-waring, the Cognitae, etc. Oh, and they have little gadgets that turn off a Pariah's pariah-ishness?
Then there's all the weird shit in the Bequin book. A clone of a character who went into a coma 100 years previously, the Maze Undue thing, etc.

I know most of that is based on existing fluff but it seems like he's reaching further and further into his own imagination the more 40k lit he writes.
>>
>>48801265

Sorry I meant Amazon US
>>
first make an intro skimming over the history (like the first lotr), and then just make a TTS inspired plot
>>
>>48796460

Anon, that's an Honor guard, not Papa Smurf
>>
>>48780486
How about a movie about da orks?
>>
40k oceans 11 with inquisitors would be good. Or 40k Smoking Aces for that matter
>>
>Heretical Love
>He-Man animation style
>>
>>48780486
Not a film, but I've always wanted to see an on going animated series for the heresy, no chance you could fit it all into a series of movies
>>
>>48801265
I don't think it's out yet and I doubt we'll be seeing it soon either since Abnett seems to be doing other stuff.

I say primed because Merym( or whatever that pussy's name is) and his gang have been manipulating/fucking around with that new Commisar (who is an unfunny coward) as well as the new Belladon commander. To top that off, Curth-Gaunt is a no go already and that slimy Commisar is starting to get into Curth's pants. I don't get why Gaunt took him. Sure, he's a friend, but he's a liar, horny fuck and downright bastard.

Tbh, with so many of the old guard dead, it doesn't FEEL like Gaunt's Ghosts anymore. It's like drama filled nonsense. Ugh.

I dunoe, but I feel that his introduction of stuff is OK-ish. A bit much at times, but I'd say within tolerable levels. Not so sure about the Coginate tho. That sounds more like Horusian inquisitors more than anything.
>>
>>48799062

Too be honest, I never really found that too be very convincing in LOTR. The effects in that movie were very hit and miss in general, whether they were practical or digital.
>>
>>48782204
Starship Troopers was amazing.
>>
File: 444px-Poklonskaya_imperium.jpg (40KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
444px-Poklonskaya_imperium.jpg
40KB, 444x600px
Place: God forgotten sandy world. Main character is a regular guardsman from 7** regiment.
They are fighting a chaos cults or nids.
Make some flashbacks to this guardsman training on his home planet, put some talks about some super human space marines and show how guards respect and hope to see them.
First death of a main hero friend happens on 8-10 minute. Everything continues to get even worse with each minute. Guards request reinforsments but they are not comming. At last a space marine group is headed to help them. Main hero gets shot two minutes before Astartes arrival. At the end show how the rest of main heroes regiment gets shot by SM because they know too much.
And just before the credits:
Some imperial clerk speaking on some kind of phone about personal things thumbs through some kind of book with regiments names. There are a shitload of them. He finds 7** regiment and indifferently deletes it.
>>
>>48788450
But we already have Blackadder Goes Fourth
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (11KB, 342x199px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
11KB, 342x199px
>>48780486
>>
>>48780486
My idea revolves around a team of Inquisitorial acolytes deployed by their inquisitor to scrabble through a war-torn city looking for a particular cult, who apparently possesses an artefact the Inquisitor is interested in having.
The film would involve the acolytes conducting their investigation while avoiding enemy patrols, and also being stalked by a mysterious figure who watched from the shadows.
The subplot of the film is that the mysterious figure is actually an Eldar psyker who is following the team so they can lead her to the cult, as the "artefact" the cult possesses is a spirit stone, which the Eldar is interested in recovering.
>>
>>48788450
>camera pans across a desperately fleeing Commissar
>record scratch
"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"
>freeze frame
"You're probably wondering how all of this happened. So am I. I was in charge here. Let's take you back to where this all began..."
>tape rewinds
>camera focuses on a fresh faced commissar with a charming grin
"There I was, going for an easy commission all the way to retirement with a Valhallan Artillery battery. Of course, if I'd known how it would turn out, I'd have attached myself to a nudist catachan battalion armed with toothpicks."
>>
My dream 40k movie is a half surreal half gritty violent movie based on the Inquisitor novels.

What Would work best are a slightly less bizarre set of adventures by a new inquisitor, inspired heavily by Eisenhorn or a lower budget Blackadder like series on Cain.
>>
>>48780486
Begin with a world at roughly modern stage of advancement being brought into the Imperial fold. The MC is a soldier from this world, to make things relatable to the audience that has no prior familiarity with 40K. The MC then gets pressed into an IG regiment being hastily formed to combat something nasty and unexpected and travels to see the wider setting.

Emphasis throughout is made on the utter _alienness_ of everything - even the human Imperium - to the MC. The tone is close to survival horror. Each next piece of the WH40K setting introduced is more fucked up and more dangerous than the last. From Imperial purges to Warp fuckery in transit to Dark Eldar attack etc. The only thing the protagonist can do is try to survive, mainly by running and hiding.

The movie ends with the protagonist, now probably lacking some limbs and/or half insane, finding themselves on an unhospitable Feral world with no means of survival and the audience understanding that this is actually a happy end.
>>
>>48780486
The Imperium discovers another human civilization, this time it's full of humans with huge noses and penchant for mercantilism as well as false flag operations.

The Marines kill them all.
>>
File: 1468379569093.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1468379569093.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>48806846
>>
>>48806633

Oh god, not a Guy Ritchie movie in space.
>>
>>48781758

Great example of show not tell. With a decent script that'd be great.
>>
File: 1341600218583.jpg (44KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1341600218583.jpg
44KB, 246x275px
Horus Heresy
Movie starts with history of men to the age of strife.
Then we simply follow the Emperor until his death.
It may be a trilogy if needed
>>
>>48796460
Implying it's hard to make characters look taller or shorter with non-digital methods
>Implying Gimli wasn't the tallest actor in LotR
>>
>>48807428

As I said, I don't think LOTR's effects were as good as some people think they were. Also, Astartes are not just taller but morphologically larger in almost all respects, in the Horus Heresy novels that are described as having unusually broad faces.
>>
>>48806846
but chaos is already a know force to the imperium
>>
>>48807760
"not as good as some people think they are"

Ok? They were still pretty fucking good. Obviously it's subjective but they did a pretty good job of convincing you that Elijah wood and John Ries Davies are little manlets without using any CGI bullshit.

It can be done just fine. Just get some actors who are big dudes. The Rock, John Cena, vin diesel, fuck idk. There are plenty of jacked actors with bigass jawlines and that if you put them on raised boots and used some camera tricks they'd look fucking huge. And for long distance shots you use regular dudes in the costumes and then use kids or short people in the regular human costumes.
>>
>>48807899

Yeah, I'm not saying theres no way you can make it work, but my point is it would pretty difficult, for one you need big guys who can act.. like really act and they would have to be able maintain it through several seasons or film sequels. You read the Horus Heresy novels and they're full of inhumanely jacked ubermenches waxing philosophically about religion, politics, and the nature of universe, they sound like Captain Picard if he was downing 60 grams of creatine a day and shooting up his biceps with steroids. Plus these are all guys that are essentially related by blood, so you would have to cast a bunch of dudes that look kind of same to have the whole gene seed aspect of the universe make any sense. So I mean it could be done, but I could easily see how somebody like HBO might fuck it up or start cutting corners here and there.
>>
I'd make it about Ultramarines slowly walking throw a desert to reach a pair of imperial fists under siege from chaos, have one firefight where they literally just stand still in the bottom of a valley and the have their captain be a demon as the twist at the end.
>>
>>48808581
>You read the Horus Heresy novels and they're full of inhumanely jacked ubermenches waxing philosophically about religion, politics, and the nature of universe, they sound like Captain Picard if he was downing 60 grams of creatine a day and shooting up his biceps with steroids.
Let's be honest here. Black Library is entertaining pulp fiction when it is at it's best, but the HH series has a bunch of books that are not even anywhere close to good.
And TNG was pretty a pretty campy show. Picard never made a mistake in the entirety of it's run, Patrick Steward just sold it so well you didn't notice. That aside, one of Star Treks cornerstones is to pick a social/political issue and make it the topic of an episode.
40k on the other hand is built upon satire, pop culture references and the rule of cool. While the 90s infused it with the grimdarkness we all know and love as a movie and especially if you were trying to present it to a larger audience, it would be better served to be a popcorn action flick.

Forget about the HH, nobody will understand or care about that anyway. It would be like the Star Wars prequels without context.

It would probably be best if it's following a group of protagonists during a larger conflict trying to achieve something as "relatable" as blowing up a powerstation, opening the gates of a city or something like that.
If you wanted to drive the grimdarkness home to mske it a central theme have the heroes pay for their victory with their lives, while you pan out and show how their sacrifice might be ultimately meaningless considering the sheer size of the conflict they were fighting in.

Something along those lines.
>>
File: nhde-uB5zdI2Y-3ZbDgeWNciYxk.jpg (45KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
nhde-uB5zdI2Y-3ZbDgeWNciYxk.jpg
45KB, 800x535px
>>48794628
You appear to have missed the point. Did the scene where Neil Patrick Harris was dressed as a Nazi not make it clear enough?
>>
>>48787855

>Based papa kulikov as Russ

Yes
>>
>>48806428

>All Quiet on the Spinward Front

Holy shit, I like this idea here. Should be easy enough to tie in the 40k theme and still be a pretty good homage to the original novel.
>>
>>48787670
horus heresy the hbo series dam man
>>
>>48808581
Oh I wasn't thinking for a Horus heresy thing. For that I'd say you'd be better off doing an animated series or something.

I was thinking getting those huge dudes just to play space Marines. They'd have like two lines where they scream "for the empruh" a couple times. And they don't need to all look the same
>>
Should make it about the Assault on Blackreach. Show the heroism of the marines and the dark universe they live in when the battle nearly wiped out the Crimson Fists.
>>
>>48814701
Yeah. Besides, I wouldn't want some heavy-handed lecture about politics or some shit from a 40k movie.

3 hour movie. First 15 minutes explains the scene. Explains the Imperium, the Guard, the Space Marines, and a couple of the big alien threats. Exposition and back story.

Then go to a big map of the galaxy and have a narrator explain all the current big threats to humanity and where there's fighting
>In the X sector, the Orks are taking over imperial worlds and the space Marines have been dispatched to stop them.
>In the edges of the Y nebula system whatever, the Tyranids are devouring dozens of worlds
Etc. Etc. Until finally it reaches one place where there's just some routine conflict of Imperial Guard putting down a rebellion on a single planet. Emphasize that it's just a small back world planet that doesn't mean much but they just sent this regiment there because they're green.

Introduce the couple of lead characters in whatever way. Show them dicking around in the space ships before deploying, show them hanging around in some rear base, etc. Think the hangar scenes in black hawk down. Establish commissar as the mini villain who yells at the main characters and threatens to shoot them and shit.

By now you're probably 1 hour in. Cue deployment to planet. Show big transports and shit going down, not much resistance.

Guardsmen go down, take over shit, start to encircle the main city. Find that it's obscenely well defended or some shit. Get bogged down. Turns into meat grinder, couple of main characters die brutally. Gotta havethe commissar blow someone's brains out for questioning an order or some shit.

Inquisition shows up, audience is like "who the fuck are these guys", make them all scary and Gothic and shit. Inquisitors take commissar away without warning. Just straight up lock him up anf take him away, insert new commissar, only explanation is "investigation for heresy"

Inquisitor commandeers the heroes and their squad/platoon to help him
1/2
>>
>>48812904
hehe
>>
>>48815963
2/2 find something. Big assault on city, shit tons of artillery and tanks. More characters die. Make some progress into the city.

Inquisitor leads them ahead to the dark alleys and tunnels and shit. Encounter creepy as fuck mutants and chaos cultists. Typical "chaos was behind it all" plotline.

reach rebellion leader, dies quickly via pistol to head from inquisitor, anticlimactic. Squad thinks rebellion is done. Head back out of city and find that there's a fucking insane battle going on with daemons everywhere eating the guard. Space Marines get called down, kick ass, shit goes crazy. Cue lots of gorey action scenes. Intersperse with inquisitor giving some exposition about chaos infestation and opening a warp hole or some shit. Imperial forces are losing, it's looking bad.

Suddenly, thunderhawks come down, start picking up Marines, Inquisitor disappears to a transport without even a word, squad freaks the fuck out. One character has head explode moment of daemon possession or some shit. Starts to wind down with last few guardsmen holding out in some small bunker or foxhole scared shitless and hiding from the daemons, trying to contact someone by radio.

Cut to bridge of spaceship, see world below turning all red clouds and shit, see warp hole, lightning, bad shit happening. See space marine transports returning. We see our inquisitor again. He's talking to the ships admiral. Call for exterminatus. See entire fleet open fire on planet with torpedos and fucking everything and obliterate it all.

Zoom back out.shows entire sector again, show data sheets of the casualties of soldiers and civilians in the billions. Fade to some servitor scribe writing on a scroll, writing a list of worlds, writes the name of the world our heroes were on, continues writing. Pan up and show that the servitor is the commissar from the start after being mind wiped and mechanized. Reports to his supervisor that this is the list of worlds lost this past solar day.

Cut to black.
>>
>>48816177
So you get all the nice action scenes, you get all the likable characters and personal drama, and then a big fuck you as the entire planet gets obliterated and you realize its just a minor event in the scale of the galactic wars.
>>
>>48815963
>>48816177

I like this idea. As long as the introduction is done by the guy from DoW.
>>
>>48817073
I honestly think the key is to not have space Marines as the main characters. They're boring personalities. They're much better off as being fuckhuge death machines that drop from orbit and kill the enemy but are pretty much unrelatable for humans
>>
>>48818315
>>48818315
they can make for good characters, but if we're going to hook some viewers, we should give them some relatable mortal characters first. Like guardsmen
>>
>>48780486
>mass-marketed movie
> set in the 40k universe.

One or the other. It would look much like the movie Dredd (with Karl Urban) or maybe Robocop as well. Really dark and violent, with no direct jokes or humour but a more ridiculous kind of campy over the topness that makes it awesome. You need that dystopian feel, and a grimdark tone, but without taking itself too seriously at the same time.

But yeah any move made for a big tent general audience would need lots of humour, a very simplified version of the Warhammer universe, less Grimdark so it's more accessible, and some type of shitty romance, any single one of those is enough to ruin the movie from the get go.
>>
>>48786850
>What is all sci-fi

Implying Sci-Fi and Space Operas are the same thing. Actual Sci Fi hardly ever gets wide releases, much less 500 million dollar budgets. Space Operas are generally light hearted and fun, something which doesn't apply itself well to 40k at all.
>>
>>48794628
You do realize it's hardly an adaptation of the books in any real sense right? It's a weird sci fi action thing that simply borrowed names from an existing piece of work as a marketing gimmick. The movie is very tongue in cheek and is hardly meant to be taken seriously, or as a statement on shit all.

You can say it missed the point of the book, but you obviously missed the point of the movie.
>>
>>48794628
>campy OTT film about humans fighting bugs
>why isn't it glorifying fascism?
>>
>>48819348
>implying fascism is a bad thing
>>
>>48819409
>fascism is totally good.
>instead of people actively taking part in their nation's decisionmaking, they relegate all it's power to the memiest guy.
>>
>>48819439
>they relegate all it's power to the memiest guy.
That's not how fascism works you jew
>>
>>48819482
yeah.
Fascism has never been tried right?
>>
>>48819516
No it has and it worked wonders for the countries that implemented it
>>
>>48819577
Oh yeah that fascism turned out great for Germany and Italy

>Inb4 some special snowflake reason why those weren't "real" fascism and how you're talking about some other magical definition that you use that you think works
>>
>>48819577
yep, the middle east sure is a place of stability now.
>>
>>48819802
Germany rejuvenated their economy and dominated Europe militarily. Same with Japan and Asia.
>>48819804
Blame kebabs and niggers for that, not fascism.
>>
>>48805806

Never cared for Curth's character to be honest, and Commissar Blenner is kind of annoying. Not really interested in what happens to them. When it comes to side characters getting brought in as mains, Eszra ap Niht and Ayatani Zweil are pretty awesome though.

Cognitae are in Ravenor and Bequin novels mostly. They're a heretical secret society that trains its' members to be very good at problem solving and disguise and manipulators and all that stuff.
>>
>>48819802
You do realize that fascism literally turned out great for Germany and Italy, right?
>>
>>48806284

Space Marines don't kill guardsmen for "knowing too much". Grey Knights did it a few times to guardsmen who went toe to toe with outright for-real-no-shit daemonic incursions but it's not really something that happens with regular Astartes.
>>
>>48819913
you do realize that germany's income went down from latter weimar days and pretty much stagnated right?
>>48819836
>kebab leaders use religion as a pillar for their own brand of fascism.
>they die
>country dies as well.

>>48819888
honestly Gaunt's ghosts seems to be kinda meh all over the place.

I would rather someone do a movie adaptation of 15 hours instead.
>>
>>48819972
Your point? Just goes to show you how fucking retarded kebab governments are.
>>
>>48794628

The movie is a parody of Nazi propaganda films (which we need to see more of, Nazi Propaganda was hilarious) that was made because the director read the book as a fascist work
>>
>>48812904

At some point a Chaplain should simply scream "BUUURN, HERETIC!" while slamming his staff into the ground, and a bunch of the retards stupidly running into him inexplicably go flying into pieces.
>>
>>48819998
italy turned into a post war meme country ran by americans
so did germany. Fascism ruined it's entire military tradition and heritage and caused the forced migration of germans from prussia into present day germany.

Not to mention that Konigsberg is now russian land.

Fascism took a war torn recovering country that had it's history and heritage intact and turned it into a fucking joke of what it was.

Japan got fucked in the ass by the allies and turned into an american satellite state, ending nearly a century of modernization on a bad note for itself.
>>
>>48820058
>italy turned into a post war meme country ran by americans
What the flying fuck is a meme country?
> Fascism ruined it's entire military tradition and heritage
Blame the cucks and Jews, not fascism
> turned it into a fucking joke of what it was.
Fucking lies, where the hell are you getting this information from?
>ending nearly a century of modernization on a bad note for itself.
Japan has one of the largest militaries, GDPs, crime rates, as well as one of the (if not the) longest life expendency. During the 80s and 90s Japan was a huge economic power that dominated the world economy as well. Besides, Japan proformed the economic miracle in the 60s, recovering faster from the war than almost every other country. So your idea that nationalism/military pride/fascism is somehow bad is completely unfounded.
>>
File: stephanie sigman.jpg (88KB, 806x537px) Image search: [Google]
stephanie sigman.jpg
88KB, 806x537px
>>48820159

Fascism lost. Whatever excuse you have simply pales to the fact that the fascists lost to the "cucks" and "jews" so by the logic of Fascism they were too weak to bother with anyway
>>
>>48820261
No, the Axis lost. There's a difference.
>>
>>48820159
>what is a meme country
post war italy and both germanies.
>blame the cucks and the jews
no blame the half jewish charlie chaplain stand in who had the bright idea of declaring war of EVERYBODY to create a living space for his ethnic people.
>fucking lies where are you getting this from

The bundeswehr is not the successor of the wehrmacht or of the prussian military state that was instrumental in forming germany in the first place.

>japan had

yes, and it is also an american satellite state that had a shit ton of money dumped into it by america to rebuild post war, same with western europe.

>nationalism/pride/fascism
literally tore those two countries apart you mong. Japan became the economic powerhouse it was under american guidance and under the watchful eyes of the american military detachment in okinawa. It's foreign policy is an extension of American foreign policy for the most part. Their current constitution was drafted by an american general.

All fascism did was grind these two major powers in the world into american footstools that gained economically because they were protected by uncle sam.

Truly a victory for fascism, when your country's capital is either ground to dust under soviet boots, or your entire country is turned into a launching pad for american planes.
>>
>>48820275
>f-fascism will rise again guys. trust me. the day of the rope will soon be here.

Fascism is superficial to the extreme. Its aesthetics made into politics. As long as everything looks shiny on the outside, fascism looks great. Who cares about icky facts and data anyway when you can take nice staged photographs of photogenic people doing everyday work.
>>
>>48820309
>post war italy and both germanies.
Doesn't answer my question you idiot.
>declaring war of EVERYBODY to create a living space for his ethnic people.
There is literally nothing wrong with national pride or creating a homogeneous society.
>it is also an american satellite state
You are just wrong. The American presence was minimal after the occupation. Even today the Japanese want the American base on Okinawa gone.
>had a shit ton of money dumped into it by america to rebuild post war
Incorrect. Try reading a book next time.
>literally tore those two countries apart you mong.
If by that you mean made them into military and economic powerhouses sure.
>Japan became the economic powerhouse it was under american guidance and under the watchful eyes of the american military detachment in okinawa.
You obviously have are completely ignorant to Japanese history so let me spell something out for you. It wasn't the Americans that instigated the Japanese economic miracle. It was the Japanese work ethic and large corporate structure that allowed for it to happen. A collectivist society caused it, not the Americans.
>It's foreign policy is an extension of American foreign policy for the most part
Ahahaha holy fuck that is wrong. Japanese foregin policy wants the Chinese out of the South China Sea (something the Americans want to stay out of) and wants the Koreans to shut the fuck up about "muh comfort women" which the Americans don't like either. So you have no idea what you are talking about.
>All fascism did was grind these two major powers in the world into american footstools that gained economically because they were protected by uncle sam.
Go back to eating your hamburgers, amerifat.
>>
>>48820361
>ho cares about icky facts and data anyway when you can take nice staged photographs of photogenic people doing everyday work.
>implying purging the irrelvant minorities and inferior races is icky
>implying creating a strong economy from nothing is "bad"

You are a complete moron and should be gassed.
>>
>>48820427
>>48820410
>>48820361
>>48820309
>>48820275
>>48820261
>>48820159
>>48820058
>>48819998
>>48819972
>>48819913
>>48819836
>>48819804
>>48819577
>>48819516
>>48819482
>>48819439

You're all stupid faggots now shut the fuck up about fascism and let's talk about a 40k movie.
Take this shit to /pol/ you mouth breathers.
>>
>>48820513
>you mouth breathers.
Uhhhhh....
>>
>>48820427
>strong economy from nothing
>this is what fascists believe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic#Golden_Era_.281924.E2.80.931929.29

Not to mention that by the time the Nazis were firmly entrenched, the germans had stopped paying for the versailles treaty because it was seen as too harsh.

The only reason the fascists even came to power in the first place was because of the 1930s wall street crash. Yet under fascism the germans saw their standards of living decrease as wages stagnated.

But sure, gas me. Just keep wanking to some /r9k/ retard who actually got to run a developed country with a rich cultural heritage and partitioned it.

Hitler was a more articulate Mr Bean running a country and it fucked eastern germany up pretty badly.

>muh japanese work ethic and corporate restructure
which was overseen by americans

>the japanese want the american presence gone
and yet it is there. Japan is for all intents and purposes a nation that depends completely on america for ir's defense.
>>
>>48820593
>because it was seen as too harsh.
Your point being? It was too harsh.
>Yet under fascism the germans saw their standards of living decrease as wages stagnated.
People devoted themselves for the government. I see nothing wrong with that.
> got to run a developed country with a rich cultural heritage and partitioned it.
Was forced upon the Germans by the Allies (read: jews)
>which was overseen by americans
Wrong. The Japanese created the new corporate structure. You are a fucking retard and need to read a book.
>and yet it is there.
With the US forces stationed there committing crimes against the Japanese more often everyday, they will most likely be removed in the next five years.
>Japan is for all intents and purposes a nation that depends completely on america for ir's defense.
Except that is completely wrong. Japan is not only a member of the UN but a member of NATO as well and has allies in other Asian countries. Let's also not forget that Japan has one of the largest militaries in the world as well. So this myth that Japan completely relies on American help is completely unfounded in the modern day and incorrect as well.
>>
>>48795366

Anime or Western Animation would be a better medium for a 40k move than Live Action.
>>
>>48820772
>anime 40k
As much as I would love for this to happen, 40k isn't nearly as popular in Japan to make this happen.
>>
>>48820847
yeah, but we can have anime studios animate it, and then we dub it for a domestic audience.
>>
>>48820674
>people devoted themselves to the government
The government elected by the people should be answerable to the people, not the other way around.

Under hitler the participation of women in the workforce decreased, wages fell and political rights were squashed.

>it was forced upon by the allies : IE JEWS

The same allies also agreed to hitler on nearly every demand he had made, including remilitarizing the rhineland, annexing austria, annexing the sudetenland and then the rest of the czech land.

Hitler went ahead and declared war AFTER the allies told him repeatedly that he had gone far enough and attacking poland would result in a declaration of war. Guess what, the fuhrer pushed it too far and then woke the hornet's nest.

Then he went ahead and declared war on the soviets who were german allies at that time and were selling them oil.
>>
>>48820866
>The government elected by the people should be answerable to the people
Kek. Whatever you say, cuck.
> political rights were squashed.
I don't particularly mind that. This is going into "muh opinions" territory anon.
>woke the hornet's nest.
You are fucking hilarious. Wake up, americuck.
>>
>>48820911
>the state taking away the rights of the people is fine and dandy as long as it is not me.

well said. I am sure the state will make an exception for (you).

>I don't mind political rights being taken away or governments actively segregating members of society based on psuedoscience.

>woke the hornet's nest

Oh great, are you going to say now that poland started the war and germany rose in self defense? and attacked russia in self defense?

And started the blitz in self defense?

Fascism turned germany into a shell of it's former self, destroyed it's capital, and gave half of europe to the communists. This is the biggest impact Fascism has had on a country.

But yes, they have cool uniforms and shit.

>>48820860
>not wanting to hear SMs speak Japanese.

>"Cato san, what if Calgar senpai catches us?"
>>
>>48780486
A opera adaptation of the Horus Heresy. IN HIGH GOTHIC
>>
>>48821046
>This is the biggest impact Fascism has had on a country.
Ok sure, whatever you want to think.
>>
>>48821064
alright faggot, what did fascism end up giving germany?
>>
>>48821159
A sense of national pride, an economic boost, and a strong military.
>>
>>48780486
Shamelessly mash characters that are blatant rip offs of Caiaphas Cain, and Gregor Eisenhorn into a story that focus' on a serious Inquisitor having to work alongside a famous(but shockingly dickish) Commisar...

Or just make a Caiaphas Cain movie.

Actually yeah, just bring all the Cain books to the big screen.
>>
>>48821181
>a sense of national pride
more like a sense of national butthurt that the eternal jew was out to get them.
>an economic boost
Borrowing a lot of money to wage war is not an economic boost.
>strong military
you mean the one that was constantly worse at air superiority than the british, was largely made of horse drawn transports and not capable of a war of attrition?
>>
>>48821303
It's ok you can stop false flagging now.
>>
>>48780486
It's a movie about not being able to afford to field Imperial Guardsmen to protect a planet because they've just become too goddamn expensive. The whole thing will be a horribly dark comedy satirizing the business practices of Games Workshop.
>>
>>48821317
>please stop ruining my fascist fantasies.
>>
>>48821475
Who are you quoting? Because I certainly did not say that.
>>
>>48821495
no, but everything you said fascism gave them was smoke and mirrors.
The nazi party didn't make the wehrmacht into the war winning machine that it was, old prussian soldiers did.
>>
>>48821495
>>48821475
>>48821317
>>48821303
>>48821611

Can you guys stop? Please? None of you is going to sway the other. It's just another dumb shit fight that's not going anywhere. We have a good thread going. Just once, can you cut it the hell out? Somebody just be the bigger person and don't respond?
Pretty please?
>>
>>48780486

Probably do a Rogue Trader type thing on a Hive City.

You can pretty much sum up everything 40k related with something like that.
>>
>>48821632
Is someone triggered?
>>
>>48821656

Failing this, a Space Hulk mission gone wrong or...perhaps invading a Tyranid Bioship to kill a Norn Queen.
>>
>>48821277

Cain wouldn't work in film. So much of what makes that character is getting to read the narration as the story is happening. If you tried to add all that narration to a movie or TV show you'd never hear anything else. It'd be like watching a movie with director's commentary.
>>
>>48781758
That sounds like the plot of Damnatus Est, or whatever it's called.
>>
>>48821632
fine. I will stop.
Sorry for troubling you.
>>
A bunch of short stories done like the first Heavy Metal animated film.

Complete with Bolt Thrower providing the sound track.
>>
It would almost have to follow an Inquisitor to establish the greater universe. Even simple things like the state of the Imperium and the 'necessity' of how horrible it is are going to be hard to communicate through the eyes of a guardsman or a marine.

A non-zealot Inquisitor could just walk down the streets of a hive world, lamenting all of that in an internal monologue, before kicking in a door and incinerating a possessed psyker.

"Perhaps most troubling of all, despite all the pain humanity inflicts on itself..is the distinct reality..that we're the lesser evil."
>>
File: generationkill3.jpg (41KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
generationkill3.jpg
41KB, 600x345px
Generation 40kill. Or 30kill, if you like the Heresy period. It would probably fit better as a miniseries, though.

>Fucking dress blues commercial man. That got so many fucking guys. Now look at us: Trombley hasn't killed anybody, I'm half a world away from good Prosperan pussy, and Colbert is out here rolling around fuckbutt Ullanor, hunting for Orks in a MOPP suit that smells like four days of piss and ball sweat.
>>
>>48818516
imho I really like the idea of a sort of lotr vibe. sure it was serious for the most part, but it knew that it had to make you laugh at times to lighten the mood for a bit.
I really feel like that was the general vibe Abnett was going for in the first 6 or 7 Gaunt's Ghosts books. I mean "Try Again" Bragg was a fun character that you can get a nice sensible chuckle out of. And most every character gets a funny line here and there.
I really feel that is what would set the best tone for it. But knowing GW and how they're so out of touch they might as well be Lizard People, they'd probably give us ULTRAMARINE 2: OH SHIT IT GETS WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE?
>>
>>48821692
Maybe if it worked like House of Cards? The protagonist regularly does that Shakespearean thing where he looks directly at the audience and tells his inner monologue. I mean it got nominated for an Emmy so it has to be liked right?
>>
>>48793575
>You mean all of them have 40k attributes, but no connecting features?
Basically.
It'll be more like entirely different genres set in 40k.
One is about a medieval peasant girl forced to go on a journey to warn the king after monsters (mutants) attack her village, she is joined by a young man sent by has master (what the audience will see as a knight but not a 40k knight) to do the same, the larger lore will e mostly subtle until they reach the castle and take in the marked advanced tech, the boy will join the offensive under the realms knight (the titan) and the girl will be the subject of interest for the kings tech-priest who takes a shine to her for her clever solutions along the journey and the trinkets she made to do so.

Another will be about a cyberpunk PI investigating a missing person only to stumble upon a genestealer cult (not thet he or the audience will know that, of course this is the imperium and he'll know, if it's not human kill it)

Another will be a world not to different from our own being invaded (it'll be treated like a generic alien flick until it slowly becomes the IG bringing a lost world into compliance)

Another will be a space station under attack.

The possibilities are vast, so long as the 40k elements are introduced and it ends with a long introductory to the universe and lore of 40k (ala "It is the 41st millenium et.").
And then the real series can begin, an epic space opera for the ages.
>>
File: 1467607835503.png (145KB, 883x318px) Image search: [Google]
1467607835503.png
145KB, 883x318px
>>48820513
>>
>>48821632
It's not over until I make the point that who ever was arguing for fascism did poorly by bringing the jews into it, it's already the best system of government it shouldn't be hard to defend if you keep it logical. And the guy against fascism needs to understand the difference between a failed ideology (communism) and being conquered (fascism).
>>
>>48824241
Ladies and gentelmen, and the aword for the stupidest post gouse tooo: this anon. No one talked politics if politics were not brought up, you idiots started bringing up politics so why are you suprised that people from other political options started comming here. Eat a dick and die, you are the cancer that is killing /tg/
>>
File: 1450997263761.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450997263761.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>48824269
Everything is politics anon.
And I'm not surprised they're coming here, I'm quite happy, arguing is a hobby of mine.
And it's not hard when you're right.
>>
>>48824306
Than go argue on /pol/, politics and /tg/s dont really mix, people wanted to talk about a 40k movie, you are talking about political ideas, how the fuck dose that mix?
>>
>>48824337
Easy, warhammer 40k is a real stand out in the sci-fi scene, it has the imperium is militant,nationalistic,and religious, not to mention the focus on genetic purity and extreme views towards just about everything, it's a far cry from the usual vision of the entertainment industry, and unlike the usual dystopian films the good guys aren't working to liberate everyone from the empire, they're working very hard to keep them under it because it's the best they can do.

This is pretty off the rez for a director,writer or actor, to properly illustrate the setting means delving into some pretty questionable subjects, it's hard to sell the guys checking for religious,genetic,mental purity as 'good' with today's ideologies, it's so extraordinarily against what the entertainment industry supports anyone involved could jeopardize their future career unless they make it a satire or a subversion, or make drastic changes, this is why they changed the ending to American history X.

In an industry where anyone with right wing political views can lose their job and have to form a secret club, do you really think it won't be political?
>>
>>48819836
Yeah and they also murdered millions of innocent civilians. I mean other than that, yeah it went swell.

Oh and other than the fact that they got their shit kicked in in a matter of years.

>>48819913
Yeah, startjng a massive world war resulting in millions of people killed including millions of civilians, yeah that went great.
>>
>>48820159
Stormfrontfag detected.

Fuck you guys are retards.

Boo hoo you lost the war because of "cucks" and "jews". Right.
>>
>>48791380
I like that desu
>>
>>48820674
>The people devoted themselves to the government
>Implying that it's a good thing if people's standard of living gets worse as long as devoted to the government (because they get beat up and thrown in camps if they resist).

Sounds like you're the cuck friendo. Willing to live in worse conditions and have an objectively worse life in exchange for kissing the government's ass.

Also, you realize that everything you're saying is just communism. It's the same shit.

It's a good thing those big scary evil jews liberated the shit out of Germany. You're welcome.

Also, as a faggot from stormfront, it must really burn your ass to believe that America is run by subhuman jews, but that they still beat the ass of all your glorious Aryan master race Germany.

>Simultaneously claim jews are inferior sub-humans
>Claim you belong to master race that is superior and better in every way
>Blame the Jews for you losing wars
Lol it's hilarious.
>>
File: 1438091025369.jpg (209KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1438091025369.jpg
209KB, 1600x900px
>GW and so logos flash before a dark background
>A log date is next, from somewhere in the late ten thousands
>a slightly glitchy recording follows, of a man with his back to the camera speaking to a large audience, all wearing generic scifi jumpsuits
>in the background a ginormous colony ship is seen resting on open ground
>"...now, at the end of our journey, we will build a new home here, and the Standard Template Construct has all we could ever need to make this dream reality..."
>another log date is shown, a couple thousand years later
>there is now a warehouse standing around the viewpoint, with a giant hanger door open
>the landscape beyond the door is vaguely the same, but where the colony ship rested is now a monument, with sci-fi skyscrapers and the like all around it
>people and robots going about their business, a technician is seen typing at a terminal just below the point of view
>another log date follows, with far less time having passed, now after/around twenty thousand years AD
>the door is still open, the landscape and buildings the same
>everything is burning
>the sky is blackened with ash, and red from distant fire
>the skyscrapers slowly crumble
>energy beams and missiles everywhere on the horizon, gigantic warmachines slowly passing by
>a few people armed to the teeth rush to the terminal beneath the viewpoint, around them are Men of Iron shot to bits
>a few stay behind at the hanger door, spraying energy projectiles outside, as obviously robotic silhouettes slowly approach in the distance
>the people at the terminal begin furiously trying to access the systems, then after a few seconds, one of them screams "It's all compromised! Call orbital, there is no other choice left!"
>the people trying to suppress the Men of Iron a bit further are shot down one by one, while those at the terminal frantically scream into some kind of communicator
>a blinding beam comes down from the sky on the horizon and the recording ends in that split second
cont.
>>
>>48820911
Explain to me how it's being a "cuck" for the people to have more power and be able to hold the government accountable? Sounds to me like you're the cuck that wants to kiss the government boot that's stepping on your neck.

Enjoy living as a slave to your glorious leader comrade. Go live in North Korea, they operate by that same principle.
>>
>>48824423
>Yeah and they also murdered millions of innocent civilians.
Innocence is relevant.
>yeah that went great.
It almost did.
>>48824463
You have a poor understanding of fascism.
>>
>>48824474
Read a book, preferably the fascist manifesto.
>>
>>48821181
They had a strong military for what, 3 years? Congrats. As soon as the US and Russia mobilized for war Germany got fucking blown out in a matter of 2-3 years. Reminder that rice farming gooks in Vietnam were more successful against the American military than your glorious Aryan wehrmacht

Also
>National pride
>Jews are subhuman
>but jews control everything and are responsible for all our problems
>Boo hoo my failures are because some guy next door wears a yarmulke and eats latkas
>>
>>48824489
And you have a poor understanding of warfare.
>>
>>48824205
The idea of a typical alien invasion flick but it being revealed it's the IG conquering a world for the imperium is brilliant.
>>
>>48824501
Yeah, throw in some bits about rumors that the world leaders and generals are chaos worshipers and a good bit of showing how advanced the imperium is comparatively.
Things like the invading troops warring flashy uniforms and not adhering to tacticool doctrines, a nice scene would be the IG forming ranks for massed fire, MCs laugh and shoot at the ma bit, bullets have no effect other than flinching, stop laughing and desperately try to drop a few before the order to fire is given, space marines show up for a short and terrifying moment, tanking rpgs and ripping the turrets off of tanks, my end game is the MCs learn the truth surrender and when all is said and done the Imperium has another planet and a few new regiments, this group will serve as the odd men out later in the series to show the vast differences between guard regiments and the doctrine of the Imperium.
>>
>>48824475
>Innocence is relevant

I think you meant "relative" you mongoloid. And no, it's not. But go ahead, say that the Jews deserved it.

>It almost did
But it didn't. Lol.

Explain the difference between fascist Germany and Soviet Russia.

Fascism is almost the same as communism. They are both totalitarian socialist governments with a strong nationalistic brand.

Fascism was retarded and was an abject failure that resulted in millions of dead people and destroyed countries. Just like communism was.

You try to make it some reasonable logical political debate where you make an actual case for fascism, but when you start saying that it's the Jews fault for it not working, it shows that you're really just the typical stormfrontfag who has an irrational hatred of Hebrews and believes in conspiracy theories, you just try and mask it.
>>
File: rogue_fuckin_trader.jpg (530KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rogue_fuckin_trader.jpg
530KB, 773x1000px
>>48824464
>the sound of wind blowing and shifting sands is heard, as the glitchy, fading log date lists the 41st millenium
>the darkness ends with a hand brushing sand aside from in front of the view, belonging to a Techpriest looking streight down at the camera pointing at the sky
>on his two sides stand two people right out of Pirates of the Caribbean (aside from a few obviously technological bits of kit and obligatory head tubes), staring down at the camera as well
>one is a grimier man in a naval uniform and an out-of-control beard
>the other is a well-kempt noble in a tricorn hat smoking a long, fancy pipe
>the techpriest speaks up, his obviously artifical voice shaking with emotion regardless
>"Lord Captain, I... I believe this is a genuine piece of...!"
>"Doesn't look that impressive. Is it worth a lot?"
>the view now shifts to a proper shot, showing the Rogue Trader and the void master above the waist, standing in a featureless desert
>in the background is a lander and a few armsmen putzing about - there is also a table with refreshments and a beach umbrella, as well as lounging chairs set up
>the techpriest comes into view from below, standing up
>"Do you not udnerstand, sir? Just a fragment of an STC could contain invaluable knowledge about the lost miracles of the Golden Age, and it is our duty as..."
>the Rogue Trader smoking his pipe looks wholly disinterested in the oncoming rant
>"...As...Yes, sir. The Mechanicus will pay for it. A lot."
>The Rogue Trader takes the pipe out of his mouth, and turns towards the table and lounging chairs, slowly walking off
>"Get the tools then. I want it all dug up and ready to ship."
>WARHAMMER 40000: ROGUE TRADER
>>
>>48824543
>I think you meant "relative"
You are correct, of to a good start here.
>Explain the difference between fascist Germany and Soviet Russia.
Well one is national socialist and the other is communist.
>Fascism is almost the same as communism. They are both totalitarian socialist governments
EHH. Wrongo. Fascism specifically rejects socialism.
>Fascism was retarded and was an abject failure
But it makes perfect sense and did not fail, it was conquered.

I didn't bring jews into this.
>>
>>48787670
Sadly there's not enough pointless sex to cut away to every ten minutes for HH to become a HBO series.
>>
>>48824489
Fascist are funny, they belive might is right, but the very moment someone starts kicking their ass, they start calling them subhumans and primitives. Germans lost most of the wars that counted, so did italy, by facist standards they shold be subhumans, not the jews who aperently can hold power for years and years
>>
>>48824575
>Fascism specifically rejects socialism.
God you're a idiot, Mussolini was a fucking marxist, Fascism was a attempt of creating right wing socialism
>>
>>48824786
Of interest here are "Evolution from socialism" and "Rejection of Marxism".
http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Germany/mussolini.htm
>>
>>48824772
That's not how that works.
I'm no natsoc, but you're comparing a genetic focus to an aptitude focus.
>>
>>48824818
Of course it is, facism and nazizm belive in a from of social darwinism, the stronger live, the weeker die. Both of thosue ideologeies were councered by bolsheviks and democrats, meaning that fascism was weeker and shold by all means be replaced by the stronger ideology.
>>
>>48824835
War is not a matter of political philosophy, when allied forces were storming Normandy they were not making bullet points on the merits of capitalism nor did they sit down to discus the writings of Marx and Gentile.
There are many factors to be taken in if a social darwinist were so inclined, but I can tell you this, Fascism was not conquered and the German, Italian people were not weak.
Fascism still exists as a model though the people who practiced it are gone, it has not failed and is still practical, rarely does an ideology fail, communism failed, socialism has failed. Just because the practitioners of an ideology were conquered does not mean they were weak or that the ideology was weak.
Just because a buffalo was killed by wolves does not mean buffalo are weak, just because a scientist was wrong once does not discount all of his theories, likewise a poor scientist draws conclusions from such a brief moment in history.
>>
I'd get George Miller to direct it. He understands crazy.
>>
>>48824475
>>48824484
>>48824496

Why not give us the benefit of your rigorous understanding of political ideology, economics and warfare? Explain why fascism is so great.

It will probably help to have some concrete evidence rather than just "muh racial purity" btw
>>
>>48825006
I'm glad you asked, there are a lot of factors that make fascism great, principally merit, in a fascist society everyone earns their position, ensuring the elite rulers of the nation are not out for personal interest, as a byproduct of a meritocracy individuals come into being with stronger character through a set of social standards, with the balance of the individual within the state we have a better individual willing to serve the state and his fellow citizens, a state breeds a better individual, a better individual maintains the state. That's why fascism is great to me.
>>
>>48825085
diferent annon but
> in a fascist society everyone earns their position
This is the exact thing people say about capitalism, it never works, persenal interest and the interest of thouse clouse to us will cause people to give positions to the people who will listen to them or are some how related, it's built into our biology and psychology
>ome into being with stronger character through a set of social standards
Half the time this is will be farce, someone will be showing their "cherecter" but in torught they will be lying, look at politics for the example, look at most dictators today, Putin would be a good example, the "saviour" or russia? Defrouds gigantic amounts of money for his own plesure, uses the secret service for his own gain and generally ignores the parts of russia that are not moscow or petersburg
>>
>>48825121
It's always hard to account for how people are shit. That's why I like the world leaders that just shoot the people who don't do what they say.
>>
>>48825085

So just idealistic, subjective nonsense, gotcha.
>>
A serious, "realistic" 40k movie would never work. My approach would be a heavily stylized CGI-based movie, kinda like 300 or that warcraft movie. The story should be very simple, extremely over the top and without any lenghty background explanations. Something like an huge orc invasion in a hive world, desperate resistance until the backup fleet arrives, huge showdown mass slaughter, the end.
Point of view should be a lowly guardsman and his nice girl, with some panoramic narrator-style overview scenes thrown in, kinda like those newsflash things in Starship Troopers. Movie starts with a short glimpse of their (horrible) childhood in a hive, guy drafted for the imperial guard, short (awful) bootcamp offplanet, super short glimpses of (insanely gory) combat experiences for the guy (as bizarre as 40K allows, like chaos or nids) meanwhile girl is shown slaving away in some insane munitions factory or similiar, just to get a few glimpses of everyday life. Then orc invasions happens on girls hive world. Battle scenes with orcs wrecking stuff and slaughtering people, desperate resistance on planet. Imperial fleet rushes to the rescue, with some astartes for added bling. Battlefleet gothic style space battle, exploding huge spaceships impacting on the planet and everything, with some glimpses of guard guy and his girl cowering somewhere, watching the battle in terrror, girl on the ground, guy in the ship. Landing pods, then large scale landing, immediate battle with orcs. Guards get overrun. Then space marines drop in and struggle hard against endless hordes. Inspired by the marines, the remains of the imperial guard raise up again, and together they win the day. Guard guy and girl survived somehow. Find each other and hug.
Fin

Artstyle should be kinda like those book artworks, like pic related. Not to detailed or that kind of scale would never work, with some filters to give it a painted look.

I doubt thats realistic, but boy i´d watch the shit outta that.
>>
>>48825149
>hat's why I like the world leaders that just shoot the people who don't do what they say.
So what happenes when they start shooting the people who do what they are told, and not the people who dont do what they are told but are freinds of the dictator? Once againe look at russia, there was a oligarch who got out of politics, cant remember his name, ill probobly find it in a second, and started rebuilding russia, invested in schools, built universiteys, programs for the poor, got the bullet because putin wanted his money
>>
>>48825178
>So what happenes when they start shooting the people who do what they are told, and not the people who dont do what they are told but are freinds of the dictator?
And why would they do that? Do you want the system to work or not?
>>
>>48824575
>>48824575
Nigger, the Nazis called them themselves the NSDAP, which is short for National Sozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter Partei, which translates to national socialistic german workers party.
They have fucking two direct references to socialism in their own name. They were socialist as fuck. Please shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>48825240
>well one was national socialist
>national socialist
>national
>socialist
The nazis were not fascist although they do share similarities.
>>
>>48825266
National socialism was fascism with nationalistic and eugenic motivs
>>
>>48806633
Cuzco-tier intro
>>
>>48825305
Fascism is already nationalistic, it also directly rejects socialism.
>>
>>48825338
Nazism wasn't actually socialism in any sense either (not the "workers own the means of production" sense; not the "state runs all the businesses" sense; not the "state owns businesses while trying to represent the people until one day it magically falls away like a chrysalis for the butterfly of communism" sense). It just used the term to try to get the socialists on its side. While ideologically it obviously had to have some difference from the "purest" forms of fascism to be willing to do that, a lot of the ideas were similar.
>>
Ever noticed how pro-facists never really talk about the failed states of Spain, Portugal and Italy ? They were all shitholes and the first two fell litteraly by themselves. Also how Germany and Japan were better off shortly after the war than before ?
>>
>>48825085
>principally merit, in a fascist society everyone earns their position,
By sucking up to the leader. There's no meritocracy in fascism, except if you consider sucking up to the leader a merit.
>>
>>48780944
>- Relatable characters, no OP brainwashed space muhreens

>implying Sevatar, Argel Tal, Kharn, Loken, Aenoid Thiel or Sigismund aren't relatable

I really wish the "marines can't be good characters" meme would die
>>
>>48825399
He says while Hitler nationalized industry and created many welfare programs we take for granted today.
>>48825514
>By sucking up to the leader.
No, by showing aptitude and competence.
Fascism rejects egalitarianism, therefor to gain distinction one must be stand out by skill alone.
>>
>>48825669
>No, by showing aptitude and competence.
>Fascism rejects egalitarianism, therefor to gain distinction one must be stand out by skill alon
Except that fascism was notorious for the widespread nepotism, corruption and it's absolute lack of consideration of skills and abilities
>>
>>48825690
No it is not, individual leaders are.
>>
>>48780486

It would be the story of how Alessio Calvatore almost succeeded in making 40k some semblance of a balanced ruleset until Jervis and his buttmad neckbeard friends in the design studio declared war of Alessio, his friends, and the very notion of being able to play 40k competitively, and spent the next 3 editions actively destroying the structure of the game in a desperate bid to drive away every last vaguely competitive player until only little timmys and autistic scrubs remain.

Because, you see Jervis had to destroy the village in order to save it.
>>
God fucking dammit people, we're here to talk FILM, not politics.
Keep that shit out of /tg/.

That being said, I think a 40k film would work best as either an IG and SM-focused defence set during the Third War for Armageddon, IG and SM-focused defence set during the 13th Black Crusade, or an Inquisition infiltration against Abaddon's forces during the Defence of Cadia. The IG is the familiar faction, SM the awe-inspiring angels of death, Orks barbarian hordes and Chaos a disturbing amalgamation of familiar and horrifying, so it would not be hard to give them character.
>>
An adaptation of Helsreach would be pretty good I think. Though it might be more of a miniseries than a movie.

The problem with the content as some have pointed out is finding a place that would do it that wouldn't tone down the blood and mayhem, while at the same time not putting in other stuff. IE the previously cited HBO issue of not having gratuitous sex scenes or titty shots to cut to every 10 minutes in case the audience got bored with the story.

But Helsreach would be a good choice I think, captures the overall feel of a valiant battle against a seemingly implacable and savage enemy, with likable characters, and actually having Space Marines who are still written as people with real emotions, and an overall relatably flawed protagonist who goes through a pretty solid character arc.
>>
>>48825174
Too much CGI, and people will scream that it looks fake and horribru.
Not enough, and you end up with Ultramarines 2.
And anyway, people will say that the bloody pauldrons look stupid, unless we see marines tackling things to the ground.
>>
File: 1358975064243.gif (400KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1358975064243.gif
400KB, 960x540px
>>48782719

Make it so!
>>
File: BG.jpg (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
BG.jpg
56KB, 250x250px
What was the short story where the feudal planet was invaded by DE slavers? Something, something, the grimdark mayor hits ye olde Panic Button (stored in the chapel basement because no one believed that absurd "space angel" story anymore). Then the mayor gets ganked and a lot of people get disappeared - it would basically look like a Predator ripoff for the first reel.

Then, in Act Two, the "help" arrives.

As scared as the rubes were of the spoopy invisible jungle creepers, seeing lightning quick Space Marines bring a bit of the old ultraviolence for the first time has them quaking in abject, pant-shitting terror. Sure, the xenos were silent, deadly predators but this? These new things are fucking BRUTAL!

Act Three has the tallest remaining village elder leading the others in prayer that the "eldar" creatures never return so they won't have to endure another visit from the "good guys." Behind him, in a starry backdrop, the light of a single dropship can be seen ascending into the clouds ...
>>
Brazill ripoff with some low level administratum guy as main character.
>>
>>48792703
this

it would be such a good joke about the whole immortal thing
>>
>>48830678
Kind of like the one with the Black Templars and the Orks.
I like those kinds of stories, they'd work well for an extended trailer.
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.