[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you create a generic fantasy setting with a feudal world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: latest-1.jpg (230KB, 1050x825px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
230KB, 1050x825px
Could you create a generic fantasy setting with a feudal world?
>>
Yes.

Could you create a more interesting thread?

Sage.
>>
>>48776426
Could you create a less predictable reply?

Scholar.
>>
>>48775595
If you can't, I think you're stupid enough to apply for some kind of government grant.
>>
>>48776489
>Predictable reply
>The correct answer
>To a yes/no question
>then mad about it

You're some special kind of retarded aren't you? How long do you get on the internet per day? Do your carers know you're on 4chan?
>>
>>48775595
>Could you create a generic fantasy setting with a feudal world?
W-what? Yes, that is like 95% of fantasy settings.
>>
>>48776586
In my experience those 95% waffle between absolute monarchy and city-states.
>>
>>48775595
Humans only? Yes
With Elves, dwarves and orcs? No
>>
>>48776717
I think the notion of a feudal contract with elves, dwarves and orcs is pretty interesting actually. We'll assume the feudal system is part of a majority human and human-ruled country, because that's easier and gives us a baseline to work from.

Now, your average dwarf, elf or orc isn't equivalent to your average human. The way dwarves and elves are stereotypically shown they sometimes lack a peasant class entirely. Their lifestyles, productivity, skills, natural abilities and the resources they need are all different. So you probably do not have the same feudal contract you have with a bunch of dwarf 'peasants' as you do with human ones. Orcs are different again - even if only because they're probably more valuable in military labour than a human is.

It's easy to imagine that powerful but sentient monsters who can work in a civilized society can buy a good place in a feudal system. If a small fief can feed and keep a giant who's as powerful as a troop of knights, why not make him the lord of it? Of course, we're assuming he has agreed to not eat the citizens and obeys the normal demands on a feudal lord.
>>
>>48776892
Feudal world is just a term for a primitive world
>>
>>48779079
In 40k, sure.
>>
File: brlogo.gif (68KB, 417x243px) Image search: [Google]
brlogo.gif
68KB, 417x243px
>>48775595
Check out Birthright.
>>
>>48776426

>being a shithead about "interesting thread"

I don't know what board you came from but could you please go back?
>>
>>48776717

You could have elves, dwarves, and orcs easy.
>>
>>48776712

That comes from misunderstanding feudal societies. Not conscious rejection of them.
>>
>>48776892
Well, that depends. Some settings do have peasants of those societies, although I know dwarves are often shown to sustain themselves primarily on trade - but the foothills of many mountains are good for certain types of farming, so I could see a feudal dwarven society where hill communities are used to feed the large mining and smithing communities that form the merchant class, with the protection of those links being the job of the entitled class.
>>
>>48779253
At least Orks are technologically always above feudal worlds.
>>
>>48782192

Not necessarily
>>
>>48776489

I guess you don't know what "Sage" means
>>
File: Thorgun.png (358KB, 1680x2377px) Image search: [Google]
Thorgun.png
358KB, 1680x2377px
Pic Related

Feudal world also has some amount of black powder weapons, depending on the world.

you can run it as a little Mini-WHFB world but in 40k, or run it as a Neon Genesis Evangelion with Knight Titans.

basically, yeah with some faint connections of 40k here and there, like people ascending to join the legion of angels (SM or CSM for giggles)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.