[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat me and my gf /tg/!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Stat me and my gf /tg/!
>>
If you had like land-dwelling giant octopuses what would they have evolved like? Would they legit just walk around on tentacles like that? How about breathing, what would be likely to change?
>>
>>48773675
Seems like a really weird guard on that sword.
>>
>>48773704
There was one speculative evolution series that had giant lanf squids developing layers of muscles to support their bodies, I think? Obvious evolved air breathing respiratory systems too. Smaller ones inhabited the trees, filling the monkey niche.
>>
>>48773704

Maybe they would have dedicated tentacles just for locamotion so those would have the thickist and strongest muscles to hold their weight and move themselves around
>>
>>48773737
I was wondering if like some of the tentacles would become thicker/more rigid and be used as supportive limbs exclusively.
>>
>>48773704
For breathing, it would be adaptations that allow them to stay on land for longer and longer periods in the first place that would let them evolve to better live on land.

So there would have to be some resource or way of life that is much better for them, and the few octopi who could make best use of it would be the ones to open the way for further adaptations.

Or like it's fucking magic and we can just make whatever we want happen.

So maybe like four tentacles that are much stronger and scalier and better for dragging themselves around, some sort of shell or skeleton, and then a new posture better suited to life on land.
>>
>>48773768
>>48773759
>>48773758
Looks like the specialized movement tentacles are a thing
>>
>>48773737
>There was one speculative evolution series
Also, do you have a link to this?
>>
>>48773802
Looking it up, I'm sure it was "The Future is Wild," a fake documentary about evolution after humanity leaves earth by Animal Planet/Discovery back when they were fun and interesting.

There was some collaboration with scientists, but there's apparently quite some debate over the possibility of some of the ideas, like said giant land squid.
>>
>>48773713
At least it won't get in the way of you holding the sword. For a fantasy design that's pretty good.

>>48773759
The big land walkers did get four extra sturdy leg tentacles IIRC.
>>
>>48773713
That's an S-type guard, it was a sort of transition from straight crossguards to the quillon guards that came about at the end of the medieval period.
>>
>>48773802
http://speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Megasquid

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL019H6clyzKb-fTn4WM5ypMym0rbNKHcr

The alien planet one also had a primitive bronze age octopi. Honestly someone in this series loved land octopi.
>>
>>48773675
Which is the gf?
>>
>>48773713
>Seems like a really weird guard on that sword.

It's for defending against attacks made from impossible angles. When you go down to spookytown as often as she does, that becomes more important than you'd think.
>>
>>48773833
>>48773858
Cool, thank you.
>>
File: flumph entry.jpg (110KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
flumph entry.jpg
110KB, 768x1024px
>>48773758

you could get away with just to "uprighter" tentacles (or even cuttle bone like hardened "legs", like a Flumph's underspikes) to pivot on and off of and use the rest to basically scoot along.
>>
>>48773874
>When you go down to spookytown as often as she does, that becomes more important than you'd think.
Thats a really weird euphemism for sucking off a squid but okay i guess, i dont really see how the sword helps though??
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.