[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, how would I introduce inception levels of bullshit into my game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1470866975712.jpg (35KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470866975712.jpg
35KB, 450x450px
OK, how would I introduce inception levels of bullshit into my game?
>>
>>48771424
put the inception disk into your dvd player and make them watch

Then reveal that the disc was blank, and they were actually watching it on netflix
>>
>>48771424
>to defeat the BBEG your party has to play a game of [Insert your System here] with him as the DM
>>
>>48771458
What's with this mind-fuckery?
>>
>>48771424
In a dream sequence.

Duh.
>>
>>48771614
Dreamception.
>>
>>48771424
You just have to go deeper.
>>
>>48772230
Balls deep and going dry?
>>
>>48771424
using an artifact that creates mental landscapes, and forces the players to go through them. use this to change up the genre of your campaign. works best as a breather for long-term games, to refresh things.
>>
>>48771424
Have your players play a game where each of their characters are stuck in a shared dream forced on them during the final battle to occupy them while the villain's plan is finished. The dream has stripped them of their knowledge and power to keep them sedated in visions of their old lives, perhaps with it undoing some old harms or losses that motivated them. The campaigns plot is them reconstructing who they are and were and their journey through their dream so they can gain all their power back to break out. In the process they must confront losing all over again what they already lost to escape. They may also face deeper, darker dreams that have been brought to the surface by being in a dream world.

The final battle is them breaking out of the dream to face the boss in reality.

Once that concludes, you reveal to your players you are all trapped in a shared dream of playing this session, and you must escape it.

Then you pull out your gun to take it to the next level.
>>
>>48772623
This is freaking brilliant!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.