[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gsd/ Get Shit Done Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Tggsd.jpg (71KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Tggsd.jpg
71KB, 600x750px
An attempt at gathering Drawfags, Writefags, Rulefags, and whatever else to try and actually getting something done, like actually develop a new game or write something instead of just spitballing ideas until we all agree that it's a pretty good idea and be done with it. Will probably go down in flames.

Now taking suggestions as to what we'll actually get done. Also looking for volunteers. Also looking to see if this is actually a really bad idea because we're all fat piles of shit who are too lazy to bother.
>>
So you have no writers, no artists, nobody with technical knowledge, and you don't have a particular direction. Why did you even make this thread?

I mean it's not like we can't get things done.There can sometimes be basically no barriers to deal with for /tg/ content other than time invested, but I feel like if you want to make this thread you could at least make up a direction to take it, or start with one of the many abandoned projects or something
>>
>>48768143
>namefag
>cringey image from 2007
>we very rarely actually get anything done
>>48768227
>this is correct

buy a rope my dude
>>
>>48768143
>[An attempt at gathering Drawfags, Writefags, Rulefags, and whatever else to try and actually getting something done]
This isn't a sentence. You should start with "This is an attempt..." In addition, you shouldn't capitalize nouns at random. Unless you're referring to someone named Drawfag, keep that lowercase. There's also the use of the participle 'gathering' here without a proper termination. Rather than imply that the gathering will continue indefinitely, you should limit the action to the present tense only by stating that this will be an attempt "to gather" a group.

>Whatever else
In this situation, you should clarify and reduce the awkward phrasing. Try "anyone else who might be of use" in order to both reduce vague references and specify what the "whatever" is.

>like actually develop a new game or write instead of just spitballing ideas until
I'm going to stop here because this is a run-on sentence. "Like actually" is redundant and awkward, try the phrase "such as" in this situation. "A new game or write instead" is terribly awkward to read aloud - what is meant by 'or write' in this case; write what?

>Will probably go down in flames.
This is a sentence fragment.

>Now taking suggestions as to what we'll actually get done. Also looking for volunteers. Also looking to see if this is actually a really bad idea because we're all fat piles of shit who are too lazy to bother.
The first two sentences are also fragments.

You're a fat pile of shit who is too lazy to bother. Some of us aren't.
>>
>>48768581

>doesn't like name fags
>says cringey and dates things
>doesn't know about /tg/ back in the day
>says OP should kill themself

/v/ plz leave
>>
>>48768143

The secret to getting something done isn't just randomly getting stuff together and then doing a thing.

It's doing a thing and then bringing in other stuff as you need it.
>>
File: s4s_gets_shit_done.png (2MB, 1519x1331px) Image search: [Google]
s4s_gets_shit_done.png
2MB, 1519x1331px
>>
>>48768143
Alright. How about a kingdom hearts tabletop?
>>
>>48770319
Sounds like a challenge. Kingdom Hearts is the type of franchise that shows lots of potential in some aspects, but then completely fails at execution or goes in a completely different direction.

You could probably make a good setting with the magic system or creature design, but you'd have to throw out 95% of the franchise like the time travel bullshit and language.

You'd also have to deal with the annoying side of the fanbase.
>>
>>48770472
All FF and Disney characters go. The setting has a good amount of history and the lore is well developed. Already had it's monsters and some villains. All that would be needed is a system for abilities, skills, ect. Work out a health and damage system along with armor, elemental resistances/weakness. A time period would be needed, before/during/after the first game. Probably need a weapon type and leveling system since a lot of weapons are bound to their users in this world. Probably add a few more types of enemies and a few more groups like organization XIII and the hollow bastion cleanup committee.
>>
>>48770552
All FF and Disney characters go, have to alter story to replace them.
The setting already has a good amount of history and the lore is well developed.
Already has it's monsters and some villains.
need a system for abilities, skills, ect.
Work out a health and damage system along with armor, elemental resistances/weakness.
A time period would be needed, before/during/after the first game.
Probably need a weapon/armor type and leveling system since a lot of weapons and armor are bound to their users in this world.
add a few more types of enemies
add a few more groups like organization XIII and the hollow bastion cleanup committee.
add more locations and methods or transport
add more types of magic
work out a system for synthesis
Make system for playing as keyblade weilder/heartless/nobody/mage/conventional fighter

thinkging of more.
>>
Pretty much that. Actually, I ran a KH campaign when I was younger. Though it doesn't have much in common with the games due to how it was created:

>Bunch of people get together for RP on a forum
>Character ready and approved
>GM doesn't show up for weeks
>People still want to play, but nobody has the notes for the campaign. There probably never were any
>I once say something alike "getting a plot isn't hard, like A and B are at war, A uses the heartless as a secret weapon, things go out of control"
>The players are actually sold on a single sentence
>Game falls apart after two months

In hindsight, it was bound to turn into a total edgefest. I just turned everything from FF and Disney into minced meat and the charactercs were anime stereotypes or direct inserts from other media.

Still, over the years I occasionally added more stuff to the setting when I felt nostalgic, so by now there's probably a 1000 year history with at least the important events.
>>
>>48770750
in answer to >>48770552
>>
hmm. There are a couple of systems already out there. Imma do some work on this a post it at a later date.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.