[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 48

File: kozilek great distortion.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
kozilek great distortion.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Colorless is (not) a color edition

Previous thread: >>48746358

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>48764096
FIRST FOR TRON IS ARCHETYPE OF PEACE
>>
>5 must answer artifact and enchantment spells cast a turn

Wtf kinda meta do you have?
>>
>>48764123
Shit, wrong general. Sorry!
>>
File: Alesha.jpg (99KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
Alesha.jpg
99KB, 700x450px
Looking for feedback on Alesha Reanimator. I'm looking for ways to better fill my graveyard, so I don't necessarily need to hardcast my expensive 2 power creatures in order to use them.

I'm also just looking for general feedback. Is there anything you see that is just not good for the strategy, or could be replaced with a better card. I do have a Stoneforge Mystic, should I put that in to tutor for my select few artifacts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reanimating-khan/
>>
>>48764208
Lightning greaves
Swords
Darksteel plate for protection

Wheel effects for discard and draw
Wheel of fortune
Magus of the wheel etc
>>
>>48764208
You could look into repeatable discard outlets like zombie infestation, necromancer's stockpile, trading post, and call the bloodline. There are also creature based ones like cryptbreaker. SOI and EMN have more but they tend to be pricier to cast like markov dreadknight.
>>
I'm working on a D&T/hatebears deck with GAAIV at the helm. I know he's better as a hardcore stax deck, but I already have a stax deck and I wanted to try something a little bit different. The game plan is pretty much the same as any D&T deck, fucking with opponent's tempo rather than just locking them out of the game entirely (which while possible, is not the main strategy). I'm looking for anything critical I've missed, so long as it isn't too expensive ($20 or less unless absolutely necessary).

Here's my decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grand-fuckmaster-augustin-iv/

The 2 cost rocks are there to enable a T3 GAAIV, and are pretty much expendable after that. Creatures are preferable to other card types, since I run so many Thalia effects. I've tried running Back to Basics with all basic lands, but the mana was too unreliable. I haven't tried it with the current manabase, is it worth it?
>>
>>48764444
Why GAAIV and blue over Gaddock Teeg and green?
>>
>>48764329
Running all the swords seems like it doesn't really help my gameplan. Wheel effects definitely though. Just not sure what ones to be looking out for. Magus of the wheel, surely. And it comes in the precons, which I own.

>>48764425
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Wheel effects are great and all, but it would be good to just cash in the cards for some effect before reusing them with Alesha. Thanks for the suggestions. Anything you think that I should think about cutting? I definitely think Mirran Crusader just isn't impactful enough.
>>
While we are in the topic of mardu, what are peoples opinions on the dash mechanic in EDH? Avoiding sorc speed removal and board wipes seems pretty nifty and there are some nice utility creatures out there than can dash in, proc an etb effect then dash out for next turn
>>
>>48764687
Reforge the Soul.
>>
Would anyone be kind enough to show me some effective Daretti lists that aren't MLD or hardcore stax decks that just lock down the board with Winter Orb+Static orb+etc?
>>
>>48764780
Here's my list I haven't updated in awhile. The major changes are less board wipes and more robutts.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heavy-is-the-head-that-wears-the-miter/
>>
Viable/Fun Multiplayer Geist of Saint Traft.

How?
>>
>>48764864
>Same response as last thread when you asked the same question
>>
>>48764643
Mostly because I'm hipster scum when it comes to deckbuilding and Gaddock Teeg and Anafenza are the first commanders that come to mind when hatebears is brought up. Blue gives me land hate like Sunder and Mana Vortex, card advantage (Jace's Archivist is sweet when you play spells 3x faster than the rest of the table), and bounce, which obviously works well with tax effects. From the list I looked at green provided mana dorks, tutors, and artifact/enchantment hate. The only thing I feel I'm really missing out on is tutors, since GAAIV helps with mana, and UW has plenty of artifact/enchantment hate.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-08-16-YPz-sultai-edh/
Deck help pls, commander undecided but you get the theme, any suggestions on cards for in/out
>>
>>48764208
Consider High Priest of Penance?
>>
>>48764981
There are only 4 sultai commanders, 2 are reanimator effects, that leaves the dragon and damia, the dragon does nothing except let you have BUG so really it only leaves damia
>>
>>48764824

Interesting. What are your usual wincons?
>>
Who is the best BW prison commander?
>>
>>48765109
>There are only 4 sultai commanders
>Vorosh
>Damia
>The Mimeoplasm
>Sidisi
>Tasigur

You missed one.
>>
Revamping my manabase in a list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-8-9-16-copy/

Which two lands would you cut?
>>
>>48764687
I'd cut sewer nemesis. If you're using it to get your stuff into the graveyard I think there are more reliable ways of doing it especially if you can't see the top of your library. Thief of blood seems like a meta call. Same with behind the scenes. Noosegraf mob, while it looks fun, seems to be more on the slower and reactive side. Lightning helix seems kinda low impact. If you want removal I'd consider path to exile or lightning bolt before it if only to cut down on the costs.

I'm also getting the feeling that you either need more ways to make your tokens dangerous (like ankle shanker) or to take advantage of them for other things (like goblin bombardment). Karmic guide and reveillark would be good additions but as you've probably noticed it's easier to suggest things to add than things to cut.
>>
>>48765209
Barren moor and tranquil thicket, you dont have enough lands as it is so you wont be cycling them they are pretty much a forest and swamp that come into play tapped
>>
>>48765228
Ankle Shanker is a nonbo with Alesha, which is why I eventually cut it. It costs too much for me to really want to cast it, and bringing it back with alesha just makes it a bear that can be blown up before I untap. it is something to consider, though. Maybe I'll put it back in regardless of its usefulness for the Reanimator plan. And Noosegraf was more of just a way of pulling a 5/5 out of the graveyard with Alesha. I wasn't really planning on using it's ability too much. These are all good suggestions though. I'm just trying to explain why I did or didn't add something in.

I was thinking of using Bombardment to make use of the tokens, but they were more of a backup plan to just go wide, and grind out value with etb triggers if I couldn't get MoC through.
>>
>>48765299

Thanks. The hope is that all the mana dorks will let me ramp pretty quickly anyway.
>>
>>48764743
I used to run dash, but I've found it totally fucks your curve. Lightning Berserker is good, heelcutter can be nifty, but with most of them you would rather have them stay on the field than return to your hand because you need something to block. That 3 mana guy you just dashed costs 4 to play, leaves you with no blocker, and puts you a creature behind in early turns when dash is generally better. Not to mention they can be blocked and killed normally. Like I said, some are nifty, most aren't worth it.
>>
>>48765132
OG Teysa probably.
>>
>>48764208
You should consider some Artifact/Enchantment removal that you can reanimate, like Felidar Cub/Kami of Ancient Law/Keening Apparition/Ronom Unicorn and Reckless Reveler/Torch Fiend. Sacrificing them as part of the cost makes them even easier to reanimate and makes sure they'll never destroy your own permanents. Garza's Assassin is also useful, even though the Recover can screw you. If you're concerned about blockers, Dauthi Jackal could be useful too.
>>
File: 34b.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
34b.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Caller of the Pack or Living Hive for a Xenagod Beats deck?
>>
>>48765583
Living Hive. The power boost from Xenagod won't get copied by the Myriad; if you were wanting "Big dumb thing that swings at everyone" Hydra Omnivore fulfills effectively the same purpose for 1 less mana and 2 more ass.
>>
File: dear diary the ass was fat.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dear diary the ass was fat.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>48765605

Such a fat ass
>>
File: 156.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48765605
I already have Omnivore in the deck. Just deciding between those two.

Doesn't Xenagod's ability trigger at the start of the combat, so Myriad can still legitimately copy the creature, including its current P/T?
>>
>>48765855
Doesn't matter. If you attacked with a Caller of the Pack that had 10 +1/+1 counters, a Sword of Light and Shadow, and was enchanted with Flight, your copies would be 8/6s with Trample, Myriad, and no other abilities.
>>
>>48765125
Mostly through beating face with large men. My meta frowns on infinite combos so the lack of interaction is less of a big deal.
>>
Oh hey, I was close. It's $700:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/low-end-theory/
>>
>>48765561
Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I was mostly concerned with spot removal that I forgot about dealing with artifacts and enchantments! Those would really fuck me, especially RIP or Relic.
>>
I'm real interested in Xenagod, but traditionally I play more reactive or control-y style decks in TCG. How hard is it really to be super aggressive in EDH, in what're typically four player games around here? I'm not sure how quickly I'll become enemy #1 and the like. It looks like ramping hard and drawing often are vital to his game, so you can get more beaters into play as you inevitably eat removal and counterspells.
>>
>>48766871
>more beaters
No. Go big, not wide. Overextending is your worst enemy. Xenagos strongly supports that strategy. Focus on 5-7cmc creatures, preferably with evasion, so that you curve into them a turn after casting Xenagos.

As for whether you'll be focused down, it depends on your playgroup. A hyper competitive meta will just laugh and beat you before you get Xenagos down, but in a casual meta your deck will dominate. Xenagos has a reputation for killing players out of nowhere so expect some hate. Aggressive strategies are weak in multiplayer, but Xenagos makes it more manageable.

Run a decent amount of ramp (ideally you want Xenagos out on turn 3/4), some extra combat phase cards like Seize the Day or Savage Beating, and some card draw like Hunter's Insight or Greater Good.
>>
>>48767033

Thanks for the tips/corrections.
>>
>>48765687
source?
>>
>>48767301
No problem. I dismantled my Xenagos deck after awhile because of how repetitive and linear it is, but goddamn if it isn't a hoot to draw 36 cards off of Hunter's Prowess on Atarka, World Render.

If you wanted you could include Aggravated Assault (use this anyway) and Savage Ventmaw for infinite combat turns, but I personally dislike infinite combos.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 162x162px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 162x162px
>there are people who sleeve their commander decks
>>
>>48767373

What do you play now, just out of curiosity?
>>
>>48765583
>Swing with Caller of the Pack
>Pump 1 to 16//14
>End of combat sac all tokens to Greater Good
I'll let you decide
>>
>>48767411
Chainer MBC, Daretti robutts, Tasigur super happy fun time (group hug/group slug/control), and Dralnu control. I too am a control/grindy player, so I have a tendency to get bored with proactive, aggressive strategies. Xenagos was the most fun I had with an aggro deck in EDH, though.
>>
File: ss+(2014-12-28+at+06.04.42).png (599KB, 560x766px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-12-28+at+06.04.42).png
599KB, 560x766px
>>48767416
Oh yeah, I can still sac the myriad tokens after they dealt damage.

I'll obviously go with Blightsteel Colossus
>>
>>48767458

Nice. How's Chainer been? I thought he looked pretty cool.
>>
File: straight outta.jpg (70KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
straight outta.jpg
70KB, 846x846px
>>48767409
>there are people who don't doublesleeve everything.
>>
File: 1213478006457.gif (147KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1213478006457.gif
147KB, 320x240px
>>48767409
>there are people whose hands are so small that they need to leave decks unsleeved in order to shuffle them
And you know what they say about men with small hands.
>>
File: Generalissimo.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Generalissimo.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
So what's EDH gen working on tonight? I'm slowly working on updating my decks on to tapped out and trying to stop myself from making Braids too much like a control deck. Also post 'em!
>>
>>48767545
He's a blast. It's a kinda stereotypical big mana control deck, but it combines my love of big splashy plays and being able to dictate the pace of the game. Once I got to live the dream of resolving Myojin of Night's Reach and Oblivion Stone on the same turn. Everyone just scooped instantly. Here's my list if you're curious:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-dementia-master-of-dementia/
>>
File: 1416966645257.jpg (29KB, 238x311px) Image search: [Google]
1416966645257.jpg
29KB, 238x311px
I want to make a Yoshikage Kira/Killer Queen themed commander deck.

What colors would Kira be? I'm thinking BWR or some form of BWx.
>>
>>48767734
Izzet.

Explosions and Time Travelling.
>>
>>48767409
>Not sleeving cards out of binders/fat packs with at least those super cheap all-plastic sleeves that you can get for like $12 for 1000

Also can someone explain the purpose of double sleeving? If one sleeve isn't enough protection for you then at that point you should probably just be using proxies for your super-expensive cards
>>
File: images(3).jpg (13KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
13KB, 223x310px
>>48767734
Mono blue
>>
>>48767678
I'm sitting on a bunch of goil generals, trying to figure out which to build, here'd what I've got:
>Foil Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
>Pros
Most morph foils are super cheap, almost entire deck will be foil for cheap
>Cons
Only wincons are really going wide or Brine Elemental combo

>Foil Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
>Pros
Fun, powerful strat, variety of hatebears make it effective vs combo
>Cons
Swords of X and Y are expensive

>Prerelease Gisa and Geralf
>Pros
Never had a proper GY deck, seems fun and powerful. Fleshbag Marauder abuse.
>Cons
Going wide with zombies every game might get boring, this is why I've never made a tribal deck

>Foil Greel, Mind Raker
>Pros
Mind Twist on a stick, nuff said
>Cons
Whomever gets twisted first will get salty, I think this will cause problems
>>
>>48767734
>>48767789

Throw in some board wipes and fog effects too.

Live a quiet life.
>>
>>48767857
If you double sleeve correctly it seals air out of the inner sleeve, protecting foils and keeping dust from sliding in.
>>
File: ThisGuy.gif (392KB, 425x345px) Image search: [Google]
ThisGuy.gif
392KB, 425x345px
>>48767857
Same fucking shit every fucking thread fuck off with your fucking double sleeving fucking proxy fucking bullshit you fucking cunt FUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>infinite combos are fucking stupid
>we play lower power decks here
>hold on while I make 40 power worth of creatures every turn even

This is the only meta I can play with right now.

>combo out after holding back for forty fucking minutes
>get bitched at
>decide to play my low power deck
>have to sit there while this guy shits out 20 tokens a turn playing Meren

I'm going crazy.
>>
>>48767317

Brazil
>>
>>48768158

i dont understand what youre saying

maybe when you have an infinite combo in play, dont mention that its infinite, just resolve each of the iterations individually until you win

i dont see how they can complain about you making a series of legal plays in a row to win when they are doing the same thing

infinite combos only feel bad when somebody plops some cards on the table and declares themselves the victor and you dont even know why
>>
File: treacherous urge.jpg (338KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
treacherous urge.jpg
338KB, 1280x917px
My train of thought is too convoluted for greentext so deal with it.
Basically, my playgroup has a very shitty philosophy when it comes to on-board tricks/disruption. I.E. The combo player is sitting on one side of the table about to go off soon, and another player who has a Null Brooch with activation available out of his line of site. I casually mention to said player that I'm thankful he has that as a safety valve. The combo player realizes it's on the field, and plays accordingly.
Now, within the minute of johnny combo hearing me, the entire rest of the table gets PISSED that I brought it up. They believe you shouldnt point out things, even if another player cannot (literally) see it.

Am I in the wrong here? Do you point on disruption, or other things that players dont see and may be playing into, like when someone forgets a creature has reach/trample?
Am I the bad guy?
>mfw
>>
File: edh_meta_07182016.jpg (4MB, 3319x2481px) Image search: [Google]
edh_meta_07182016.jpg
4MB, 3319x2481px
>>48767678
Not much at the moment. Just waiting for tomorrow evening to test a new deck to see how it'll play out.

Also, I need to update the attached image. There have been a few tweaks to my meta, but nothing too crazy.
>>
>>48768996
I think it's unfair to any player not to be able to see every other boardstate, though I have to question how many players you're playing with, I found the sweet spot is 3-4.

>>48768158
I'm so sorry anon, you're trapped in the land of Goodstuff, home of Value. Build Stax
>>
>>48768996
Public information is public information and never wrong to point out. If your friends get salty over that, tell them to git gud and pay more attention.
>>
File: deathmark.jpg (58KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
deathmark.jpg
58KB, 736x525px
>>48769066
Agreed. But some days we have 5-6 and its hard to see the board states to your far left or far right. Damn do I wish my LGS had round tables
>>
>>48768996
Its pretty shitty to point out stuff blatantly to other players, most of the time they are not mindless retards (unless they are actuall retards) play your own game not other peoples games, id get pissed if people would try to tell me what to play and probably just let the combo player win to spite you for being shitty
>>
>>48769259
Retards can usually learn to read. Can you?
>>
>>48765887
I feel like abusing the fact the tokens have myriad. maybe doubling season?
or doubling season plus breath of fury?
>>
>>48769259
Read carefully

>>48768996
>a Null Brooch with activation available out of his line of site
>>
>>48769303
I can read just fine, you asked for opinions if people would get salty if you pointed out the boardstate to people who in most cases are totally aware of it, i gave my opinion that its a shitty thing to do to try and play other peoples games, you dont need to agree with my opinions thats what makes it an opinion, now you are salty because you have a differing opinion, just because you 'think' you are a special snowflake is doesnt mean people cant poo-poo on your parade

TLDR get some glasses if you cant see 3 feet in front of you
>>
>>48769431
>cast gitaxian probe on combo player
>tell the board he has the combo in his hand
Its ok bro the cards were out of everyones sight :^)
>>
>>48769444
I'm not the author of that post, I was just pointing out the irony of someone who can't read calling someone else a retard.

Retard.
>>
>>48767865
Someone help me decide, please?
In the meantime, I'll tell a story

>Playtesting Ixidor online
>Game is down to me and a Jarad guy
>He casts Diabolic Revelations for 4
>Flip Mischievous Quanar
>Copy
>Find Brine+Shapeshifter Pact of Negation and Stifle
>Pact his copy before it resolved
>Untap and Stifle Pact trigger
>Brine Elemental Stasis lock him out
>>
File: 1467475390238.jpg (137KB, 400x546px) Image search: [Google]
1467475390238.jpg
137KB, 400x546px
>>48769444
>/tg/ in charge of reading comprehension
>>
>>48769040
Aww man, I really do love Ezuri. He does everything I love in a commander. Is he truly stuck at being non-competitive?
>>
>>48769547
The irony with your statement is i was calling everyone else at the table a retard not the poster, but you would have had to read and comprehend that
>>
>>48769557
Considering that's basically your only realistic win con I would guess Ixidor would get old quick. Same with 8 1/2, and Greel is just shitty. So, I say Gisa and Geralf. You could build it as aggro, combo, whatever.
>>
>>48769544
Yes? That's perfectly fine.
>>
>>48768158
I know the feeling, just play your deck and dont give a fuck. If they dont want you to have fun playing your way they just dont want to play against you.
>>
>>48769629
>>48769629
It doesn't matter who you were calling a retard if you literally missed the original author's use of literally, you literal retard.
>>
>>48769616
Yeah, the guy who owns Newzuri doesn't play very often. I think Newzuri would be a fun legendary creature to build around, but we'll never see anything new with him in our meta.
>>
>>48769746
He kind of reminds me of a toned down Edric, in that he encourages a weenie/wide strategy that can also combo off. I like him, though playing him would mean succumbing to playing UGx, and I don't want /EDH/ to bully me.
>>
>>48769690
Oh but it does matter, i didnt misread the OP i pointed out regardless of the board state he should be a card nazi then you chime in (and admit) your reaction was based on my calling of OP a retard when i was clearly calling everyone but OP a retard and now you say "oh but the facts dont matter" how left wing do you have to be where you believe that if someone doesn't agree with you and/or points it out that you can justify your actions and reponses accordingly based on "i dont care if im wrong because i said so"

Id still like to continue this conversation but im just about to get in the car, i will eagerly await your reply when i get back home
>>
>>48769746
I just love how easily his counters ability can be abused. Pic related. It's really susceptible to removal sure but man is it juicy. Plus that card draw with Fathom Mage mang.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48769861
Apparently it didn't post image.
>>
>>48769833
>your reaction was based on my calling of OP a retard
Can you really not understand that I was calling you a retard because your post misrepresented what happened?

>left wing
Your /pol/ is showing.

>Id still like to continue this conversation but im just about to get in the car, i will eagerly await your reply when i get back home
I wouldn't. Enjoy your retardation, retard-san.
>>
>>48769937
Quote your own post
>I was just pointing out the irony of someone who can't read calling someone else a retard.

In relation to my post
>to other players, most of the time they are not mindless retards
>other players
>not the poster
You see the problem here beause now you are changing your story after you were caught out

I also noticed you have used the same insult every post, do you not have other material? I did a quick google and came up with a few for you at the following site
http://humoropedia.com/best-comebacks-n-funny-insults/
Feel free to use one in your reply
Eagerly awaiting your response - Love Anon xxxooo
>>
>>48769557
>>48767865
>Not using illusionist's bracers and rings of brighthearth to mind twist multiple people with Greel

Personally I'm leaning towards Gisa and Geralf. You don't just have the option of going wide with zombies. You could play a grindy game with smokestack and grave pact, combo out with rooftop storm, or even go tall with sacrificing zombies to fallen ideal.
>>
>>48769833
So only people who can see through solid objects or around corners are not retarded?

Or do you just not understand what line of sight is?

You're either Kryptonian or a retard. Either way, I don't think anyone wants you here.
>>
Hey all have people been trying https://magidex.com yet? I saw it over in the modern thread as a replacement for magiccards.info since whoever is running it seems to have stopped. Think it would be good to add to the OP copy pasta for next time?
>>
File: pali.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
pali.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
ban worthy?
>>
>>48770769
Nope.
>>
>>48770780

any reasoning you'd care to share?
>>
>>48770802
Nope.

It's a seven mana combo piece that sucks on its own. Games have to end somehow.
>>
>>48767857
Sleever stretch over time and if there ends up something inside the sleeve, it can damage the card. If you're using proxies, might as well leave them unsleeved, since sleeves are worth more.
That said, I have only one deck double sleeved, which is my Ghave. Out of sheer laziness I haven't done it to my Hanna, which has cards like Serra's Sanctum and some other decks too.
>>
>>48770828

it may suck "on its own" but it doesnt need to be part of an infinite mana combo to get out of hand

any land that makes more than 1 mana will turn palinchron into a ritual
any clone will turn it into a ritual
any reanimation spell turns palinchron into an extremely efficient ritual
any flicker spell turns it into an extremely efficient ritual
any combination of the above lets you make an absurd amount of mana

i do agree with you on the principle though, banning combo pieces isnt a priority in my opinion, but i do see a lot of people complaining that deadeye should be banned, and from my perspective, deadeye is much less degenerate without palinchron than palinchron is without deadeye, mainly because any combo with deadeye that doesnt involve palinchron (or great whale, etc) is going to be very mana intensive, and deadeye's 6 cmc makes these combos very balanced, whereas palinchron lets you do whatever the turn it comes into play because its a "free spell" or even a ritual
>>
>>48769642
It's not though, as it's not a public zone. Others can see them if you have to reveal them.
>>48768996
First of all, everyone should be able to see everything in the table, hiding something from someone is cheating.
Then again, I dislike it when some people play for others, like I had an out on the field to get rid of the blue player who had Tamiyo's emblem and nigh infinite mana and buch of stuff that made the game worse for us, and while he knew it was there, he didn't think what would I do with it or whatever. Instead the store's idiot starts talking about it that what I'm gonna do with it and what can the blue player do about it. The blue player crushed us solely because of this one faglord.
>>
>>48770992

How exactly were you planning on beating Tamiyo emblem + huge mana?
>>
>>48771009
He had at that point 4 or less life and I was playing mogis. I can't remember anymore what it was, but it was something that was enough to kill him, although I couldn't do it at the moment because I was tapped out.
I know my explanation is like that one retarded strawman feminist transqenderqueeralligator comic about that one 90's movie, but this actually happened. I might remember wrong about the emblem, maybe at that point he had Tamiyo at 6 or 7 or so loyalty, he cast her at least twice.
>>
>>48771113

i was just curious, sounded like a crazy game

I've only gotten Tamiyo emblem off twice and both times I would've had to try really hard not to combo off lol
>>
>>48771009
>>48771113
I recall that it had something to do with Sulfuric Vortex and Mindslicer
>>
>>48771127
It sure was, it only took this long because of this one asshole. Besides, the blue player's deck is Talrand, and well, you probably realize what kind of deck it is. When he built it, he just netdecked it, and I'm dead serious, he put 0 thought process in it and he kept makin mistakes the whole game. He has had the deck for way over a year, might be even several years, an he still cannot pilot it properly. He ended up winning with the tokens from Talrand, but it took way too long considering the fact that he had the emblem, over 10 cards in hand and High Tide, FoW and Cyclonic Rift were there. I just remembered that he had Jin Gitaxias on the field at some point.
>>
>>48768996
Jesus, I never realized how brutal the art for that card is.
>>
Is there a strategy for Oloro that doesn't make me a horrible asshole? I mean, not just a "BWU mediocre stuff" but a real strategy that also doesn't make me an asshole? I'm trying to figure one out.
>>
>>48765109
>>48765141
I've made it a toss up between tasigur and damia but I am leaning to damia
>>
File: nornsannex.jpg (258KB, 476x665px) Image search: [Google]
nornsannex.jpg
258KB, 476x665px
cards you believe should be staples
>>
>>48772999
>tfw you have this plus Exquisite Blood and Wound Reflection in play.
>>
File: 193.jpg (88KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
88KB, 312x445px
>>48772999
>Pillowforting
The only wall I need is your fear of me attacking you back
>>
>>48767678
I'm grabbing the list for my current Trostani deck and the rebuild so I can start swapping cards out and proxying what I don't have for some test games.
>>
>>48770992
>It's not though, as it's not a public zone.

It's perfectly fine to reveal information you know from a hidden zone. If you were allowed to look at their hand, you can tell other people what you saw.
>>
>>48772262
Just actually play Oloro.

The most 'asshole' thing is that you can just sit there passively ticking up by 2 life a turn while pillowforting and there's no way they can stop you because it's from your Command Zone. If you actually try to play and protect Oloro and utilize his other trigger it'll be a lot more interactive.
>>
>>48773261
To clarify: You can tell people about information from a hidden zone, and while it's legal to reveal YOUR hidden zones if you can see them (you can reveal your hand, for example), you technically can't reveal the hidden zones of another player you're controlling.
>>
File: 1449010738458.jpg (256KB, 1280x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1449010738458.jpg
256KB, 1280x1342px
Can I get a few notes on my in-progress deck please?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-08-16-march-of-the-golems/

Going for Golem Tribal and summoning for cheap, hence Mycosynth Lattice/Golem. But if I could get some tips on building besides that I really should only buy lands now, Also, how can I keep the cost down aside from not buying any Eldrazi.
>>
>>48769544
That's completely legal. Your word is worth only as much as they trust you.
>>
>>48773615
And how motivated they think you'd be to shag over your opponent.
>>
>>48773289
Saying a card is in a hidden zone is very different from physically revealing the card. You could be bluffing for all they know.
>>
I sort of want to do a set of Alara decks, one for each Shard. Not really sure who I'd want to build for Esper and Bant though.
>>
>>48773631
Hence, the social aspect of EDH
>>
>>48773664
...Sharuum and Rafiq?
>>
>>48773664
Do they have to be creatures actually from those shards? Because Sharuum and Rafiq are your best bets
>>
>>48773685
>>48773740

I was thinking more the colors (pardon my poor phrasing), but workable characters from the plane itself are good.
>>
re: Sharuum, what's she actually like to play/play against? All you usually hear about is toxic infinite combo decks or whatever. Is it as bad as Zur, or?
>>
>>48773511
Only if you post more great midrifs.

>Belbe's Portal
>Brass Herald
>Riptide Replicator
>>
>>48773779
Build Sydri. Fun as fuck deck
>>
>>48773903
Zur's more irritating because the first enchantment he'll fetch is Vanishing, making it nigh impossible to interact with the Zur player as they assemble the pieces.

Sharuum can easily be played without the toxic combos and just be Good Artifacts.dec
>>
>play at University, with generally cool and relaxed people.
>decide to try out the local scene at the comic book store, around 12 people show up.
>7 of them are neckbeards to the max
>first week had some pretty pleasant games with two guys there
>second week play with the neckbeards and get focused due to "my decks are scary"

Haven't been back, at least summer is almost over.

Also both my decks are casual to the max, one is just a voltron deck, the other is a kaseto snake tribal.
>>
>>48773982
That's the fucking worst. I built a Voltron deck that blew out the table on its first night, next time we played one guy packed a deck full of Disenchant effects just to keep me off the board. My deck wasn't even good
>>
What are some cheap mana rock/acceleration options for Mizzix?
So far I have Fellwar Stone, Prismatic Lens, Darksteel Ingot, Star Compass, High Tide, Seething Song, Fire/Sky Diamond and Worn Powerstone.
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>48774145
Coldsteel Heart
>>
>>48774145
I've completely stopped using 3 cmc rocks, you want Mind Stone and Thought Vessel in pretty much every deck that isn't green.
>>
>>48773923

...Huh, she does seem interesting. I'll read up on her, thanks.
>>
File: 1398222572018.jpg (183KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
1398222572018.jpg
183KB, 536x800px
>>48773917
As offering to the midriff gods, and for more suggestions.
>>
I'm kind of tossed up, I want to build an enchantment/planeswalker pillowfort deck, but I'm not sure if I should go BW or BWU.

I hate Oloro with a passion, but I can't stop my want from playing stax.

Which color should I go for?
>>
New to the game. Do we have any idea how many Legends are likely to be in the new Conspiracy set, or does this vary from block to block?
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Best ways to stuff my grave if I'm running mono white?
>>
File: 1459406121012.jpg (99KB, 753x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1459406121012.jpg
99KB, 753x1062px
Please help me optimise my Teysa - I want to retain some flavour cards (like Deathpact angel) while having more consistent wincons other than Darkest Hour infinite combos - my playgroup seems to frown upon them (despite playing "fair" ramp and infinite turns).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/little-teysa-3/
>>
>>48774267
neither

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/s-a-f-e-t-y-d-a-n-c-e-1/
>>
Browsing lists to start understanding Sydri. What do you guys think of this one?

http://deckstats.net/decks/3338/46261-sydri-galvanic-genius
>>
>>48774236
>Mirror Golem
Sorcery speed gy hate in a pinch and a beatstick with protection from whatever you need.
>Lodestone Golem
Makes storm combo decks worse
Uuh, I'm all out of ideas

>>48774417
Looks decent, needs Mycosynth Lattice though.
>>
Holy fuck, why is Spellskite ~$22?
>>
>>48774522
Modern.
>>
>>48774522
Because Modern
>>
>>48774346
With 4 token producers (that I noticed, on my phone) and 7 creatures, how much value do you really get out of Aura Shards?
>>
>>48774559
>>48774560

Modern was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
>>
>>48774588
MtG in general is trash
>>
>>48774600
but even in the cesspool that mtg is modern stands out
>>
>>48774587
A decent amount. I've got Heliod, Elspeth, Garruk, Sacred Mesa, Sigil of the Empty Throne, and Luminarch Ascension, and most of those can make me creatures on-demand.

Plus, once I get Starfield online, all my Enchantments trigger it too.
>>
>>48774522
It's a powerful sideboard card in Modern that literally everyone other than Living End can play, and Infect is everywhere.
>>
>>48767734
Nin the Pain Artist.

Go with red blue. For blowing shit up and time shenanigans.
>>
Sydri + Staff of Nin + Thornbite Staff looks hilarious.

For discussion though: Why is Sharuum seemingly the more popular choice?
>>
File: Shattergang Brothers.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Shattergang Brothers.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>48774267
Scrap the pillowfort idea and play Super Stax Bros 64
>>
>>48774322
I wanna put my dick in that boob window.
>>
>>48774800
Yes. Best Jund commander because fuck Prossh
>>
>>48774777
>Why is Sharuum seemingly the more popular choice?
Half of an infinite loop in your command zone
>>
>>48774944
Not only that, but having an artifact reanimate readily available at all times is a pretty strong effect by itself.
>>
File: gemstone_mine.jpg (26KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
gemstone_mine.jpg
26KB, 210x300px
Just how good is this?
>>
>>48775229
It's good for fixing, but won't last long unless you have ways to abuse it.
>>
>>48775229
Underwhelming. I have had 5 color decks that didn't need color fixing bad enough to resort to Gemstone Mine. It's similar to the Quicklands in that it's only good in fast formats.
>>
>want to build grixis
>only have Jeleva as a commander
>in my head I have some everyone topdecking for the whole game bullshit with things like Geralf's Masterpiece, Sire of Insanity, Chain of Smog and the like
Is this a good idea? It doesn't really need to be competitive, I have 3 very competitive decks as it is, but I want some sort of mutual hand destruction theme with an emphasis on stompy creatures that my opponents can't respond to because they don't have any answers in hand. I can pick up a new commander fairly easily, and I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>48764131
Sounds like everyone is playing stax.
>>
>>48775470
sounds fun enough
just keep in mind not to cast sire of insanity during your own turn
>>
>>48775470
Jeleva is bae.

Don't forget to run a few Doomsday piles for her.
>>
>>48775725
Any fun ways to give him flash? Also, do you know any other good cards to make sure no one has any cards in hand?
>>
>>48775816
What's a Doomsday pile? Is that a setup that wins you the game when you pop doomsday, or something? I'm embarrassed to admit, but I don't really have any good grixis cards. I was going to build it as RBu with blue for card draw and stabilization, while using the RB for bullshit like Pheresis + Heartless Hidestugu.
>>
I dunno, how's this look to you guys?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-sydri-galvanic-genius
>>
>>48775871
I'm not going to look, because not tappedout but you can build Sydri pretty stronk on a budget, so it's probably half-decent.
>>
>>48775870
Yep.

So you cast Doomsday. Now you go through your deck and you take these five cards.

Predict
Laboratory Maniac
Gitaxian Probe
Unearth
Street Wraith

You cast Predict, naming Laboratory Maniac. Lab Maniac goes into the Graveyard and you draw Git Probe and Unearth. You cast Git Probe for the alternate cost of life, drawing Street Wraith. You cast Unearth on Laboratory Maniac, putting him into play. Now you cycle Street Wraith for life and draw from an empty library and win the game. For the low cost of 1UB and 4 life.
>>
Huh, Upheaval is banned? Is it because it appears to hit Lands?
>>
>>48775870
http://landdestruction.com/the-competitive-edh-doomsday-pile-guide/

Doomsday decks in EDH are basically decks full of value pieces and cantrips and shit, that (in a variety of combinations) will cause you to win the game if you hit Doomsday.

A lot of the time you'll just tutor for Doomsday and win the game after. One of the more popular wincons in EDH.
>>
>>48775968
Sweet spicy fuck, I have all those cards, except street wraith. Will any cycle card/cantrip do the trick?

>>48775983
Thanks anon, I'm excited to read through that guide. I can't say I've ever met anyone who uses doomsday, but it does look super viable from what the other anon said.
>>
File: Wyoming_profile_tfa.png (47KB, 187x187px) Image search: [Google]
Wyoming_profile_tfa.png
47KB, 187x187px
What are some good Planeswalkers that will fit into a Bosh (Red only) deck? I have Karn Liberated right now but I don't want to actually buy him since A) he's fucking $50 and B) I'm sure no one will ever enjoy playing against a deck that is essentially pic related.
>>
>>48775968
What do you do if your opponent has removal for the maniac?
>>
>>48776045
Darietti, never forgetti.
Also, Tibault.
>>
>>48776035
Yeah, that's the beauty of Doomsday. There's TONS of ways to make the combo work.

You don't even need to use Laboratory Maniac as the wincon. There's Doomsday Storm stuff too.

Most people just choose Street Wraith because you cycle it from hand by paying life. It's really hard to counter.
>>
>>48776057
That's why some people run a Yawgmoth's Will pile instead, or keep another cantrip in their hand so that they draw in response to your removal and win the game first.

Doomsday is incredibly strong. Obviously if you just rawdog the combo with no protection, you can get blown up.

But in UB colors, you usually have a bunch of counters and draw in the deck to set up your win.
>>
>>48775832
Instant reanimator spells are pretty fun. Betrayal of Flesh, Cauldron Dance, Fated Return, Makeshift Mannequin, Wake the Dead, etc.

One of my personal favorite reanimation spells is Necromancy, though it being an Enchantment might mean it's not the best for Jeleva. You can have a lot of fun with bringing Sire back during one specific person's turn.
>>
>>48776077
>Doomsday is $4 canada buckeroos
Holy shit, I'm slotting one into all my black decks because I have a lot of one turn combos as it is. Thank you so much
>>
>>48776121
No problem. Most of the pieces that are good in Doomsday are good in other one turn combos, so it really doesn't hurt anything. If anything, it just gives the enemy more of a headache when looking what they need to gut if they hit a Sadistic Sacrament on you or something.

>>48775832
Corpse Dance. It has buyback as well. And the exile doesn't happen until EOT, so if you have a sac outlet, you can dump the target right back into the graveyard.
>>
>>48775983
>I run Doomsday on my monoblack
>that guide has no lists for monoblack except for MikeTrike
>I have my own versions of Doomsday on my deck

Should I be proud of myself?
>>
>>48776261
Only if it runs Rain of Filth.
>>
>>48776045
Karn, Ugin, and Daretti. There's no other walkers that are worth running in red, unfortunately.
>>
>>48776155
Corpse Dance is great. The only problem is you absolutely have to make sure to never reorganize your graveyard (you technically shouldn't, since every group plays with cards present before Weatherlight), and that your opponents don't do it accidentally.

Barring that, it's damned great reanimation.
>>
>>48776353
>>48776155
You know what, why not mention Shallow Grave, too? Reanimation on instants is already hard enough to find, but for the cheap, cheap cost of 1B it's nearly unbeatable.
>>
>>48775979
It's because it's fucking broken. It bounces everything, so you just float mana and play land after the spell and be only one to benefit from it and everyone else gets fucked.
Thankfully Sunder is legal.
What Upheaval does is basically Sunder and overloaded Cyclonic Rift stapled together.
>>
>>48772999

dont actually know why people like this card

paying life is no big deal
>>
>>48775979

its beyond broken with mana rocks, especially the good ones like mox diamond and sol ring, etc

everybody stuck with literally 0 permanents and you can have a land and 3 mana rocks in play
>>
>>48772999
>>48776429
It's a bad card. Why would you run this (other than budget) when Ensnaring Bridge is just way better. Hell, Ghostly Prison is far, far stronger.
>>
>>48776045
Daretti and Ugin. Maybe new Chandra.
>>
>>48776429
>i'm going to attack with 10 creatures
>i'm going to attack with 10 creatures and lose half of my starting life total to do so
>>
>>48776798
And then the player that controls it dies.

Pillow-forting isn't an effective strategy. You're better off just preventing them from attacking in the first place.
>>
>>48776868
>You pay all the life to attack them
>Then they Moment's Peace you

There are a dozen different ways they can survive. The other thing is that you usually pillowfort in big games. Passively making yourself an unappealing target means people are more likely to attack each other.
>>
>>48776798

i would never attack with 10 creatures unless im winning the game anyway, thats my point

like when ghostly prison comes down, i know, okay im not attacking until the big turn where i krosan grip it and kill everybody at once

for this card i dont even have to worry about removing it, it doesnt change my plans even a little bit

i could see it being different for some kind of aggro weenie deck that wants to swing with a couple creatures every turn
>>
>>48776868
Pillowforting is effective, if it's done right. Norn's Annex is a bad card, since it's a colored artifact (color is a minor issue), but it's easy to pay, let alone remove because of it's type. As you're running white, Sphere of Safety and Ghostly Prison do much better work. Hell, Peacekeeper does the work best. Extra fun adds Enchanted Evening.
>>
>>48775725

I don't see why it would be worse to cast sire of insanity on your turn, the discard happens at the end of every turn

Unless you mean to cast him in the end step to delay it until the next turn?
>>
Pls rate

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-06-16-lost-in-the-woods/
>>
>>48777755
Ashling out of 10.
>>
>>48777755

Pretty weak to enchantment removal and counterspells
>>
>>48777755
Beats my mono red list every time. OP/10 pls nerf
>>
File: 27.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>Cards you want reprinted for EDH formats
>>
>>48777933
They could get pretty cheeky with it, like Command Tower. Something like:
>Whenever a player casts a spell, if your commander is in the command zone, counter that spell unless that player pays {3}..
>>
>>48778040

Im really glad you don't design cards
>>
>>48778058
I'm just saying how they could achieve largely the same effect, make it available only in EDH, and not violate the reprint policy.
>>
>>48778105

Oh okay
>>
>>48778040
Yeah, sorry anon but it's shit, here's what I got:
Good:
Unplayable in other formats, price stays lower than if it became Legacy staple

Bad:
Doesn't function with Mishra
Rewards people for not casting commander (Oloro problem)
>>
>>48778139
What if it was:
>Whenever a player casts a non-commander spell, if that player's commander is in the command zone, counter that spell unless that player pays {3}

Then it actively punishes Oloro for sitting on his ass.
>>
>>48778185
Now that is a lot more interesting. It's probably not as good a card, but it plays a lot more into supporting the format's defining feature.

The only problem I can see is that it punishes high cost commanders, which are already somewhat punished enough.
>>
>>48778185
Better, now make it RB and add Sulpheric Vortex on and we've got a deal
>>
>>48778185
>>48778304
I can't tell if it's a problem or a feature that it would introduce a dilemma about whether or not to return your commander to the command zone though. You're free from the Nether Void effect if you just leave your commander in the graveyard, for example.
>>
Can I play Shared Discovery if I have no creatures to tap for the additional cost?
Google gave me answers that said no, but I'd rather be sure before I put it in my Mizzix.
>>
>>48778509
nope.
>>
>>48778509
No, tapping is a cost to cast the spell.
>>
>>48778509
Er, I meant google gave me no answers. Same with magiccards.info, which is usually pretty good with rulings.
>>
>>48778602
There's no ruling for it because there shouldn't have to be one. Tell me, can you cast a spell if you cannot pay the cost for it?
>>
>>48778687

This for real
>>
>sheldor sells off his oloro and mana crypt collection
>in the interest of format balance oloro and mana crypt are now banned
>sheldor rubs his nipples with his money while his cuban bus boy dressed as squee eats the feces right out of his anus
>>
>>48776958
>You pay all the life to attack them
>Then they Moment's Peace you
>Then in response I cast Dissipate

As long as we're playing magical christmas land
>>
>>48779453
>Sonnenrad aka Big McLargeHuge

As if your post didn't make you sound obnoxious enough.
>>
File: 67.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
If this card is banned in EDH, why is Karn Liberated not banned yet?
>>
>>48779724
Because Shahrazad always starts a new game, and Karn rarely does.
>>
>>48779724

Because shahrazad is poor design and Karn isn't

Shahrazad just drags the game on immensely, possibly to the point of it being unending

Karn on the other hand starts a new game with a bunch of permanents in play, nigh impossible to lose, and you win quickly

Also once you win the new game with Karn, that's it, its over, shahrazad makes you go back to the original game
>>
Since we're on the subjec of cards that should be/aren't banned, whats the reasoning behind not banning Sorin Markov?
Not complaining, just curious.
>>
File: 23142314.gif (3MB, 413x233px) Image search: [Google]
23142314.gif
3MB, 413x233px
>want to get into Commander
>been theorycrafting a deck now for days that I really want to play
>$300+ for the whole deck
Im not a poorfag, but damn it hurts
>>
>>48780679
>$300+ for the whole deck
>not a poorfag
pick one
>>
>>48780679
I don't mean to be rude, but if you think 300 dollars for a whole EDH deck that you've done a lot of theorycrafting on is a lot, then you either need to start brewing with a budget in mind, or pick a new hobby.
>>
>>48780643
Other effects do it too, it "only" hits one player and it just hinders them rather than outright killing them, it's hard to do it more than once unless you're in a commanding position already or have ways to get it back over and over, it literally cannot ever kill a player on its own, etc, etc. Toss in a dash of "Social contract" for taste.
>>
>>48780957
>>48780699

I mean $300 is kinda a lot to spend at once on magic

I have some decks that are near $700 now but I didn't buy all the cards at once
>>
What budget win con options exist for Mizzix? I don't want to do infinite turns, so the best I could think of was playing defense and field manipulation until I can pull burn and start picking people off one at a time.
>>
>>48781598
Searing Touch for hilarity.
>>
>>48781598
Guttersnipe/YP/Talrand grindy value is decent, cast a big Experiment and get a ton of damage

Sphinx-Bone-Wand, if you can protect it
>>
File: ljm9zTEbUw_EN.png (166KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ljm9zTEbUw_EN.png
166KB, 265x370px
>>48781598

Storm. Firemind's Foresight fetching High Tide/Reiterate/Searing Song. Infinite mana in both colours, infinite storm count, pic related.
>>
>>48781691

Fucked up. Fetch High Tide/Reiterate/Desperate Ritual. Same difference, you just need rituals and Reiterate.
>>
>>48781153
That's why you don't buy the deck all at once. You piece it together slowly. My decks cost well into the hundreds, but it never feels like a lot, since I'm using cards from my collection and buying them a few at a time.

People shouldn't shame someone for thinking 300 bucks is a lot, though. I have competitive decks that cost under one hundred.
>>
>>48776045

Chandra-420-Ablaze-it is really strong.

>>48781870

My most expensive deck is just shy of 600, and I have 3 more in the $400 range. You have to be insane to think I bought any of them right out. Decks accumulate value over time unless you're one of the people who have gratuitous amount of disposable income.

Decks can absolutely be competitive in a budget because there are plenty of cards that are fantastically underrated.
>>
>>48781994
I dont have alot of disposable income so i cut corners where i can to be able to afford cards, some weeks are ramen weeks and i water down my daughter's epilepsy medication so it lasts twice as long
>>
>>48782245

Top heh
>>
>>48774800
I recently started playing them, and it is so strong; it's the best Golgari + Vicious Shadows deck I've always wanted to play.
>>
>>48764208
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reanimating-khan/
You need a few more sac outlets, preferably free ones like goblin bombardment, cartel aristocrat, sadistic hypnotist (less good because sorcery speed), dimir house guard (also transmutes), and altar of dementia. Other good ones that have costs are attrition, mind slash, and shivan harvest. Like >>48764425 said, you need discard outlets. some ones not mentioned are oppression, necrogen mists, and chains of mephistopheles (if you're into mega autismo level money spending). Grave pact and martyrs bond would be excellent additions, as well as dread return and reanimate. Reveilark is really really good in this deck, and it allows you to go into infinite combos with a sac outlet and kiki jiki/karmic guide/etc. Feldon is also great since he reanimates, Grenzo is also good for similar reasons and synergizes with your whole deck. Reconnaissance might seem like a spicy tech, but it's actually really good in this deck, especially with cards like pain seer or anything that you don't want to die right after you reanimate it. Grand abolisher, blood artist, Hokori, sin collector, big game hunter, and knight of the white orchard are all great Alesha targets. Some more expensive additions would be tutors (especially entomb), stoneforge mystic, academy rector, and sun titan.

Wow, that became longer than I thought it would be. Hope I helped, anon!
>>
>>48772306
I prefer tasigur, just because he's tier one broken. He can also recur planeswalkers with his ability.
>>
>>48775555
You don't have to answer Stax unless it screws you over heavily. Just let it be, and benefit off it too. If you can't, build your decks up so you can - just run good rocks. Or dorks, I guess, if that stax happens to be Null Rod/Stony Silence.
>>
>>48784547

Yeah it's convenient that the decks hit hardest by winter orb and Ethersworn Canonist etc are green decks that have mass artifact wipes and general removal
>>
>>48777755
meme deck out of ten
>>
>>48776798
two life is almost meaningless in commander, forcing you opponant to pay 2 mana with prison or propaganda is much better.
>>
File: Devastating Dreams_TO.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Devastating Dreams_TO.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
What do you guys think about pic related? I have a decent amount of recursion (Myr Ret., Trash for Treasure, Trading Post, Daretti, Crucible of Worlds, Welder ect. ) to get back what I pitch and a Wildfire+++ for RR seems pretty good.
>>
>>48776429
>paying life is no big deal

>not playing with casual players so casual that they want to protect their life total

I couldn't agree more
>>
>>48785043
Not bad. You're gonna need some big hands for that though, but forcing sac 7 lands and damage 7 is pretty powerful for 2 mana
>>
File: Best tutor.png (622KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
Best tutor.png
622KB, 624x445px
Post strong synergies
>>
>>48785864
That's really cool.
>>
advice on Sedris the Traitor King and Sydri, Galvanic Genius?
>>
File: 1461241282405.png (69KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1461241282405.png
69KB, 225x225px
>>48786401
>Sedris
Traumatize
>Sydri
Mycosynth Lattice
>>
File: Dubs.png (52KB, 194x267px) Image search: [Google]
Dubs.png
52KB, 194x267px
>>48786455
good advice glad I checked that post
>>
File: 1462648680699.png (982KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462648680699.png
982KB, 1280x720px
>>48786499
checked
>>
>>48783645
I'm adding in a few more sac outlets, and more wheel effects for discard, like Reforge the Soul and Wheel of Fortune itself.. The problem is finding things to cut. I want to be a creature heavy deck, but I need a lot of ways to fill my graveyard, and I need ways to Sacrifice at instant speed. It's a balancing act, but your suggestions have helped me refine my search for cards. I actually have Dread Return in my Anafenza deck and was considering swapping it into this one.

Reconnaissance is a really good card, too. I found it after I pieced the deck together. Since you can untap the creatures even after damage is dealt.
>>
>>48779050
> Oloro
>Worth like 5 canadabucks max
>>
>>48786401
>Sedris
Void Maw
>Sydri
Caltrops
>>
>>48787121
caltrops because of the deathtouch ability, right?
>>
>>48787148
Aye. You can make it a creature and after that deathtouch when the thing's trigger is on stack.
>>
>>48774284
Not many ways in mono white. There's peace of mind, tireless tribe, pegasus refuge, and resilient wanderer but card draw is hard as it is in white without pitching what you have. I think most of the discard cards in white are kind of underwhelming.

In terms of artifacts you've got more options. There's altar of dementia, memory jar, grindclock, grindstone, hair-strung koto, keening stone, millstone, sands of delirium, tower of murmurs, whetwheel, and worry beads.

>>48774268
No idea yet.
>>
>>48786720
You should cut most if not all of the instant removal spells. I'd keep like swords and crackling doom. Your removal should be mostly attached to your creatures and your enchantments. Behind the scenes is kind of expensive for what it does, as is ponyback brigade (almost typed ponyback grenade out of habit), raving dead, kor cartographer, and thief of blood (which you can switch out with a vampire hexmage for planeswalker killing). Blasphemous act seems kind of counter intuitive to this deck, mostly because you'll want hard kills at that point (wrath of god etc.) and I think that Ayli, kathari bomber, selfless spirit, stingscourger and sewer nemesis don't really do that much for you, just because you want cards that make immediate card advantage or that have effects too powerful to pass up. Blinding angel seems not as good for your deck, mostly because you'll have to attack with alesha to reanimate it then hope that it hits through whatever board presence they're threatening you with and whatever instant removal they have just so that you don't gain any card advantage. Whispersilk cloak seems like it should just be replaced by reconnaissance. Other than that it should just be playtesting to see how you feel about it.
>>
>>48787228
>>48786720
Oh and you could probably cut don't on lands if you replaced command sphere, banner, and dynamo with some signets
>>
advice for Roon of the Hidden Realm?
>>
>>48787290

Kill yourself, then burn your card.
>>
>>48787427
but how would I be able to do it in that order?
>>
>>48787290
mastery of the unseen comes to mind so that you can manifest broken shit and flicker it into play

>>48787427
someone is salty
why the roon hate?
>>
>>48787290
etb effects
>>
>>48787427
Whats got your Banties in a twist? :^)
>>
>>48787479
so flickering it causes manifested creatures to turn face up? That's pretty dope
>>
>>48787602
not just creatures, manifested permanents in general
artifacts, enchanments, planeswalkers, lands if rngesus hates you, it's pretty dope
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-monog-stompy/

taking this to EDH night tonight. Thoughts?
>>
>>48787290
The concept basically writes itself:
ETB creatures everywhere. Activate bouncy castle! Repeat for advantage!

You can also run other bounce effects than roon for the same sort of shit.
>>
File: emrakool.jpg (78KB, 620x402px) Image search: [Google]
emrakool.jpg
78KB, 620x402px
So I have a colorless eldrazi tribal EDH deck (basically all mana rocks and eldrazi, really is my Timmy deck), I've had it for a long time, and recently have added all the new legendary titans and tried them all as commanders.

Now that the dust has settled, who is the best eldrazi commander?

In my opinion,
1. Ulamog (gyre)
2. Emrakul (End)
3. Kozilek (butcher)
4. Ulamog (ceaseless)
5. Kozilek (distortion)

I truly love koz (distortion) as well, it's just that he is perfect for when you want to tone down the power level of the deck and lay low, I noticed when I play with #5 at the helm, I don't get insta targeted by the entire table, as I normally do when I play with any of the "Super Annihilator Bros "

What do you guys think?

Do you think banned as commander will ever come back? I want to run Em (aeon) as commander so badly it hurts
>>
>>48788805
End-Emmy or Distortion Kozy, as they are the most fun
>>
>>48788805
I feel like the best Eldrazi to be a commander is one of the Kozileks, with Butcher to be better but Distortion more fun. Being able to draw a bunch of cards after you empty your hand of ramp artifacts is much more powerful than Vindicate on a stick. I haven't played with Emrakul yet so I can't really comment on her though.
>>
>>48788805
I'd rank them like this:
new Kozi
New Ula
old Kozi
Old Ula
New Emrakul
Having card draw on a stick for your commander is the most useful here because you're likely gonna be playing 20+ mana rocks to ramp into 10 mana as fast as possible, dumping your whole hand and refilling with kozilek. then you have a full hand of free counterspells, a big menacing beatstick, and once you've dumped your hand again and kozi died you can recast and refill again. lack of annihilator is less scary but also more useful because that's an effect you can easily replicate with others in your 99, whereas countering spells and drawing 7 cards is a bit harder in mono brown.
the Ulamogs and Emrakul are really best if you want to win the game but not as good in the developing stages to advance your game plan, so they're fine win conditions to draw into.
getting card types that aren't creature, land and artifact in mono brown is pretty hard so that also works against emrakul.
>>
File: 10.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
How viable is a deck where the only creature is your commander and the deck is filled with removal, counterspells, buffing spells, etc.? I recently made one but haven't had the chance to test it out. Pick related, my commander.
>>
>>48790225
Exponentially more difficult the more opponents you have. Edict effects are gonna be a problem. At some point you'll just be of of the game if you can't cast your commander anymore.
>>
>>48790225
It's alright. Depends on your build too.

Rafiq is definitely a commander you'd want to do that with
>>
>>48787602
>>48787900
Keep in mind that blinking non-permanents result in them staying in exile.
>>48788805
I would say that og Kozilek is the best one, then new Ulamog, then new Kozi and old Ula, then Emrakul. And no, original Emrakul will never be unbanned, it on the guest list for a reason. You can discuss it with your playgroup tho, if they're not complete elitists, they might allow it, but they're probably gonna notice pretty fast that she should stay on the list.
>>48790225
Creatureless decks can be good, but voltron isn't particularly a good strategy. You're better off running utility creatures at the helm of a creatureless deck rather than a beater. Unless your playgroup is full of retards, you're gonna win once at best. Every deck should have multiple wincons, afterall, imagine getting a T1 or T2 Meddling Mage or Nevermore naming your commander and all of your removal being countered.
>>
>>48769557
Ixidor is superfun is not terribly durdly and can make players rage.

Typical goals for my deck:
- Cloud Key + Dream Chisel + Helm of Awakening for free morphs
- Training Grounds for "U: Flip morph"
- Erratic Portal/Crystal Shard/Vedalken Mastermind/Equilibrium to bounce morphs (and other stuff)
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir/Vedalken Orrery to give them flash.

I have, for two mana, bounced a face up Kheru Spellsnatcher, cast it, and flipped it to counter a spell.

Also run Citanul Flute, tutoring for morphs is fantastic.

There's other wincons too, I started running Akroma's Memorial just to make all my morphs evasive. Generally it's a softlock deck that wins with some big creatures (I run an Ulamog just in case, plus you have some nice flying threats).
>>
>>48781691
You could just skip High Tide and get Lightning Bolt and instantly kill everyone. Infinite red mana = infinite buybacks so Lightning Bolt kills people.

Also, infinite mana "storm" isn't storm, it's just a combo. True storm is non-infinite, getting to a storm count of 40 and Grapeshotting people to death like a man.
>>
>>48788805
Why do people shit on Newrakul? I think that taking someone's turn is a lot more devastating than blowing up permanents with Ulamog. Also that 13/13 double evasive creature with some protection is good at getting the job done. Some decks autolose to a Mindslaver or you can put them so far out of the game that they can't come back.

Also she's pretty abusable. Strionic Resonator to take two people's turns. Ugin's Nexus so they can skip their extra turn. Erratic Portal to bounce her and recast her again. Hedron Matrix to one shot people out of the game.
>>
>>48770879
>Deadeye's 6 mana cost
>Casting deadeye
>>
>>48790749
Because while Mindslaving is useful, the extra turn opponent gets pretty much nullifies the effect, so without Nexus or something else to help, like Winter Orb and tapping all of their lands or having Smokestack with some counters, she's not doing much. At best, you can force attack and maybe waste some cards they have.
Sure, she's a big beater for cheap, that's really only reason to run her, she's like a better Lord of Tresserhorn.
>>
>>48790225
I'd still run a fair selection of creatures in a Rafiq deck.

I'd recommend a stable of the exalted providing creatures plus a couple of other threats with some upside - I like old Sigarda and Dragonlords Dromoka and Ojutai. Original Bruna is also a handy alternative threat.
>>
>>48791604
Why would you run the exalted creatures. Most of them are total garbo
>>
>>48791638
Partly for flavour, given that this is a Bant deck using Rafiq and EDH is a casual format.

But they also provide multiple instances of exalted which gives you a way to buff up your attacker if your equipment or auras have been removed or otherwise dealt with.

They might not be your style, but they're not "total garbo".
>>
File: 20160814_113028.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160814_113028.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
How common are fake foils?

>Browsing a really nice rare bin at a flea market
>Every card is in a sleeve+toploader
>Eternal cards like Chalice and Counterbalance
>Kinda suspicious
>Notice a Greater Good that looks a bit off
>Realize it's a 9th ed with a black border
>It's foil and no one realized since it's in a sleeve and toploader
>Priced at $8 USD
Did I get scammed?
>>
>>48791859
Not him, but only usable ones are Ardent Plea, Cathedral of war, Finest Hour, Nefarox (to an extent), Noble Hierarch, Qasali Pridemage, Rafiq, Sovereigns of Lost Alara and Sublime Archangel, which is some, although not counting Nefarox. No sense to add some of the bad ones, might as well add just anthems, if you aim for the commander slappins
>>
>>48791915
No, the foils from those sets had black borders.
>>
>>48791915
Foils from the late white-bordered core sets were done with black borders as an extra reason to seek them out.
>>
>>48791965
>>48791967
Oh, I misrepresented my problem, I know 9th ed foils are black bordered, but I thought the bottom of the art box was a bit choppy and I was suspicious of someone selling all these nice cards at a flea market
>>
>>48791915
Probably not. It's much harder to replicate foils. And why mention black border?
>>
File: 1465673037127.jpg (55KB, 628x560px) Image search: [Google]
1465673037127.jpg
55KB, 628x560px
>Decide to have some """"fun"""" playing EDH at my lgs
>Few people whom I know but don't usually play with are at the table with me
>Play WB Teysa since it's the only deck I brought

>A guy plays Animar with whom my deck has exactly 3 ways of interacting
>A guy who is also a local diva, judge and otherwise an attention seeking faggot plays jeleva with infinite turns which is "perfectly fair"
>Another guy plays Narset but is chill

>Get picked on by everyone but the Narset guy because "lol you're the biggest threat"
>I am "the biggest threat" because I have sol ring and skullclamp out
>Get milled, board wiped, have my spells and good, fun cards exiled from top
>I remain "the biggest threat" even after the jeleva cunt cheats out omniscience and starts taking dozens of turns (without managing to win kek)
>Lose my cool, tutor for a combo piece after 1h of slog and win
>Two faggots act salty because infinite combos are unfair and Teysa "is busted"

Why are most commander players obnoxious cunts?
>>
>>48791986
I remember when i was into the pokemon tcg i use to find cards at flea markets that were very well made fakes. So i'm always suspicious of stuff like that at flea markets. I wouldnt have trusted it if i were you.
>>
>>48764096
So what are some of the best black and/or white boardwipes? Some staples a new guy should know about?
>>
>>48790666
For all of my removal to be countered I'd have to be playing against a group of blue decks, in which case I wouldn't use this deck. When I say full of removal and counterspells, I mean absolutely full, I only have a few buffing/protection spells in there
>>
>>48792193
White is Boardwipe City

Black has some too
>>
>>48792072
>Why are most commander players obnoxious cunts?
I think it depends on where you live. I live in Denmark and at my lgs the commander scene is really chill.
>>
>>48792239
Do you know any of the really good ones?
>>
File: 1321935866743.jpg (74KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1321935866743.jpg
74KB, 250x250px
>Wizards will never print enemy color hate ever again
>>
File: Catastrophe_US.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Catastrophe_US.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>48792193
My favorites
>Decree of Pain
Wipe that draws cards
Uncounterable mode that gives -2/-2

>Catastrophe
If you're ahead it wipes lands to keep you ahead
If you're behind it wipes creatures to put you back in the game
A++ Art

>Divine Reckoning
Voltron city

>Merciless Eviction
Notable for having the option of hitting planewalkers
>>
File: Descend upon the Sinful.png (114KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Descend upon the Sinful.png
114KB, 223x311px
>>48792193
Final Judgment is great.
Descend upon the Sinful is better.
When you absolutely have to get rid of all those fucking indestructible hexproof assholes that have nasty death effects.
>>
>>48792193
Wrath of God, Damnation, Toxic Deluge, Merciless Eviction. In Garruk's Wake, Crux of Fate, Killing Wave. Black Sun's Zenith. Retribution of the Meek, Fell the Mighty
>>
File: 150.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>48792270
They have, it'll just never be the same.
>>
>>48792277
Those are really good, thanks Anon.

btw know of any that also gains life?
>>
>>48792304
I would not be surprised if that was among the last enemy color hate ever printed
>>
>>48792316
There aren't any
>>
>>48792316
Righteous Fury
>>48792329
>>
>>48792072
It's always been feast or famine for me with EDH. Either the group is amazing or I can't stand a single one of them.

Now I play in monthly events with the owner of the game store and his friends. So it's better
>>
>>48792300
>>48792303
>>48792329
>>48792354
Thanks a lot. Some of these are really nasty. They will put to good use.
btw whats the sweetspot number of boardwipes?
>>
>>48788805
whats your decklist senpai
>>
>>48792072
I used to play at a place near my uni in Chicago but i've recently moved back home so i'm gonna start going to one of the stores here. I only know one or two dudes that play there so i hope they're there when i go back to play. It feels weird just showing up and being like "hey can i join in" to a bunch of strangers.
>>
>>48792082
At least Pokemon has special art specific patterns, so it's easy to see if something that should be foil isn't.
>>
>>48792461
Didnt mean to link
>>
>>48792354
Aw man you just learn something new every day
>>
>>48792377
Depends on the deck theme and commander. I generally run 3-5 in all my decks. Even aggressive ones.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 251x201px
Which one is cheaper to build - Mayael goodstuff or Jund stax? Which one is less likely to paint a target on my face?
>>
>>48792072
>win the game on a whim through a tutor
>complaining that other players targeted you as the biggest threat

Anyways, ignoring that bullshit, I just don't play against people with certain commanders. If I show up and someone has a T1 deck brewed, I slap Maelstorm on the table and ask if they'd like to use different decks. Generally, the say yes, and if they don't, or if one player in particular doesn't, I straight up tell the guys with precons/suboptimal decks the types of combos known to those types of decks, ways to deal with them, and when an unfriendly boardstate pops up I go way out of my way to point out how they're going to win in the middle of their turn. Sure it's douchey, but so is running some infinite turn non-interacting bullshit. When I do play maelstrom, I usually concede right after I take out captain assclown and his bullshit brigade, then offer to play a different deck to mixed, and hilarious, results.

Now, I usually bring 3 other decks of varying quality, and if Maelstrom wont work for whatever reason usually stax I bring out Brago stax'n'counters, flicker some bullshit, and win with an infinite combo. I don't really like doing it, but I will if the group or certain players are firmly "no fun allowed". That shit just pisses me right off.
>>
>>48793065
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but both are going to be expensive, and both will paint a target on your face. It depends entirely on what you have available.
>>
>>48793128
Leaving aside the fact that you sound like an annoying faggot with a god complex, you've completely ignored the fact that I explicitly stated that I spent an hour playing that boring slog of a game fairly before I won.

Sure, I run an infinite combo or two. I usually don't tutor for them or even play them unless the game is going on for far too long or if I am playing against a bitch like you.
>>
>>48790225
The commander to do that with is tasigur, just because command tax is negligible.
>>
File: 1465698744816.jpg (193KB, 519x497px) Image search: [Google]
1465698744816.jpg
193KB, 519x497px
>>48793172
I'm just trying to build something different from what I usually play (Nin control, Karlov and Sydri robots). I thought that Naya or Jund would be fun. I have quite a few commander staples but the problem is, save for a freak Sylvan Library, all of them are more suited for Esper or URx control decks.
>>
>>48793189
>>48793189
NEW THREAD
>>
>>48793220
>he's so mad he's sarcastically paraphrasing what I said for rhetorical effect
You're pretty salty, is everything okay at home?

Now, with regard to your point, you're an idiot. I run decks explicitly to have fun with other players of varying quality, if someone is firmly trying to spike the table to boost their ego, I go way out of my way to shit on their parade, because I can, particularly if other players don't have enough knowledge of how combo works. Some decks are t1 competitive, others are pretty much on par with a precon, and I use them according to each group I'm playing with to have fun.

You running an infinite combo or two almost certainly mike and trike with exquisite blood/sanguine bond and having the ability tutor them up means you're just a self-conscious pseudo-spike too afraid of "etiquette" to run anything competitive, but not quite confident enough in your own skills to run anything fun. You're some ungodly hybrid of "I'm not really left-handed" intentional handicap bullshit mixed with "I value my self-worth on winning magic with strangers". Seriously anon, give your head a shake.
>>
File: 1436087966711.png (195KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436087966711.png
195KB, 300x300px
>>48792300
>I included this card for extra flavor on my Avacyn deck
>>
>>48772999
Basalt Monolith
Apocalypse
Ancient Tomb
Magnifying Glass (for white, red, and green)
Staff of Domination
Trading Post
Cannibalize
Blightsteel Colossus
Teferi's Isle
Curse of the Swine
Clever Impersonator
Imprisoned in the Moon (for mono blue)
Mana Web
Chronozoa
Infernal Darkness (in mono black, because one Contamination is never enough)
Forcefield
Unstable Obelisk
Stranglehold
War's Toll
No Quarter
Ogre Menial
World Queller
Weathered Wayfarer
Orcish Settlers
Keldon Firebombers
Devastating Dreams
Sigil of the New Dawn
Xenic Poltergeist (in mono black)
>>
>>48793786
Doesn't that kinda backfire? Avacyn wants mass destruction that she is immune to, not mass exile that blows right through her.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.