[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 200px-Deadlands.jpg (23KB, 200x265px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Deadlands.jpg
23KB, 200x265px
I've been reading up on this system and it seems fucktasting awesome. Only problem is I've been looking for the Marshal's Handbook for Deadlands classic and can't find it anywhere as a pdf. Anybody know where I could? Also, Deadlands General I suppose.
>>
On my phone, so I cannot upload it, sorry. Currently in my 4th Deadlands campaign, so much fun.

Next time I'm DM/Marshall I plan to mash deadlands and XCrawl for shenanigans.
>>
File: motherfuckingdeadlandsbaby.jpg (184KB, 1200x533px) Image search: [Google]
motherfuckingdeadlandsbaby.jpg
184KB, 1200x533px
The system it uses lends itself perfectly to the Old West, poker chips, cards and all manner of shinnanigans. Currently playing a weekend game of Classic Deadlands, playing a gunslinging.
>>
File: image.png (22KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22KB, 777x437px
>>48766992
Are you using the old deadlines or the new savage worlds deadlines?

people complain about Savage Worlds maths as the you're likely to ace on a smaller dice. which is true, you're slightly more likely to get a result of six on d4 a then a d6 on *average* you're still better picking the larger die.
>>
File: tumblr_ntsaeo4m1R1ttb4z5o1_1280.jpg (814KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntsaeo4m1R1ttb4z5o1_1280.jpg
814KB, 1280x1810px
>>48763670
It was a pretty cool system and setting, but I clearly remember the the illustrations and much of the writing being totally subpar. :/
>>
>>48763670
>the Marshal's Handbook for Deadlands classic

You'll find it in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ilj9gb828vc0hx3/AAAlonBkjSP-AQmzUnlocJYea?dl=0
>>
>>48763670
Anyone ever see a PDF of The Quick and the Dead about?
>>
>>48771400
>Anyone ever see a PDF of The Quick and the Dead about?

You certainly noticed it's missing from the trove I just posted...

It seems PEG never produced one:

http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=358012&sid=2f3098588e31bf4881454db4fe9f3844#p358012

>We don't see any reason to do a "Quick and the Dead" PDF because all of that material wound up in the split Players / Marshal's books. (Prior to that there was a single DL rulebook and then Q&D was essentially a companion.)
>Shane
>>
>>48771464
>It seems PEG never produced one:
And nobody ever scanned it, either.

Just like most of the GURPS Deadlands line.
>>
>>48771520
Iirc it was a hardcover book, so takes some extra work to scan.

And if all the material was already available in other sources, >>48771464...
>>
>>48771608
>>48771520
>And nobody ever scanned it, either
Someone did, with the french version:

https://mega.nz/#!QY1lmSpY!PjEvRNjM_fIW3v1UN12FEw9RkLOX_7SNLmuqI3UBA4M
>>
Does anyone have the Russian deadlands spinoff/addon set in 1920's Russia?
>>
I loved the setting of Deadlands and the aesthetics of the system, however, it didn't play out all that well to me in practice. Too slow and clunky.

The Savage Worlds version is better to me. The classic had a much more unique feel though, I will absolutely give it that.

Deadlands Noir is pretty fantastic too though if you haven't given it a go.
>>
>>48769656
Old Deadlands. The thing is, if you get an ace on a d4 you still are barely above an average roll on a d10 or d12, you take the good with the bad.
>>
>>48771273
>givin a fuck about illustrations and writing

Shit scribbles and shitty stories is part of the charm
>>
We play a fantasy campaign with out guns with deadland rules and it worked great.
>>
>>48775894
>Deadlands Noir is pretty fantastic too though if you haven't given it a go.
I've been meaning to for a while, but I'd like to mix in areas and things outside the boundaries of New Orleans. Did they ever release supplements for it or is it homebrewing time?

Also, what does everyone think of Hell on Earth?
>>
>>48776907
Yeah I agree it's not a very big deal. It's probably the fact you ace more 'feels' better.

Savage World deadlands keeps of a lot of the trappings of classic but streamlined it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.