[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with utter shit cards like pic related? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: tjlb.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
tjlb.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
What do you do with utter shit cards like pic related? I have a stack of them accumulated and was wondering about some creative uses
>>
>>48760432
You could put together a low-powered cube. I currently have a large box slowly filling up with draft chaff, and am running into a similar problem.
>>
>>48760432
I run a FLGS and people give these to me usually.

I sell them for like $0.50 an inch or $0.05 individually.

People will spend literally hours going through the boxes so I like them. Makes the store look fuller, those people usually buy a drink or a booster.

After prereleases I almost have a perfect standard sans rares.

Point being, give them to your store. Sometimes they won't take them because we are usually up to our dicks in this shit.
>>
>>48760874
>Sometimes they won't take them because we are usually up to our dicks in this shit.
>Up to your dick
>In shit
German detected.
>>
Use them for tokens.
Stack up enough and give them to a kid.
Save them on the really off chance they become useful in some format for retarded metareasons
>>
Can't you blank MtG cards with acetone or some other chemical?
>>
>>48762198
It only really works with foils.
>>
>>48760874
Mega fucking garbage cube sounds pretty fun.
>>
File: 56747845.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
56747845.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
That reminds me of the box of commons I got from a distand relative three years ago, took me a good while to put them in order.
This is the box in its messy glory.
>>
File: 54327535623.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
54327535623.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>48763140
And this is the same box of cards after three days. That small plastic box contains double lands, in case you can't make out the text.
>>
>>48763140
Was that Nekusar in the box? I also see an Apostle's Blessing, it wasn't all chaff was it?

>>48761116
>Save them on the really off chance they become useful in some format for retarded metareasons
A lot of shit becomes playable in Pauper EDH, but then you're left with shit rares to deal with.
>>
Turn it into wallpaper.
>>
>>48760432
Use them to practice altering or paint over the face with an entirely new card alter. Turn those shitty cards into a EDH deck that's 100% alter
>>
>>48763173

Yes, there were some good cards mixed in the box, including six Goblin Electromancers which I still use. What surprised me that there was not a single Pacifism among the white cards, but at least wenty Killshots. I lost count how many Trumpet Blasts I found on the reds.
And yes, He gave me the nekuzar because he had no use for an oversized card. I get to use it on my commander deck, though.
>>
File: coaster.png (459KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
coaster.png
459KB, 708x708px
>>48760432
If you're an arts & crafts type, there are some interesting things you can do with them.

You can make 3D magic cards, basically by taking multiple copies of the same card, cutting sections out, and stacking them on top of each other so the stuff in the background of the card art is a few layers behind the stuff in the foreground. If you have some jank cards with art you like, and you're good with an exacto knife, you can probably make some pretty cool-looking pieces. You can also make them life counters by adding a dial wheel in between the layers. Google "how to make 3D magic cards", there are lots of guides and references out there.

There was also an article on the mothership years back on how to make a Menger sponge out of magic cards:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/menger-sponge-2008-04-15

I also recall seeing a similar thing with making something like an icosahedron or the like, involving slits cut into the cards to interlock them together, but I can't find it for the life of me.

This page also has several good ideas:
http://tallystreasury.com/2011/01/7-craftsy-things-to-do-with-magic-cards/

Or make a photomosaic out of them.

Or, if your arts & crafts skills aren't all that hot, you could just stick a few together to make coasters. Pic related.
>>
>>48762283
Super garbage with super synergy is best cube.
>>
>>48760432

Let it be known that there once was a man who threw out a small pile of Serum Visions because Preordain was printed. That man regrets it to a mild degree to this day.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.