[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 40

File: 6EdFTn0.jpg (403KB, 1359x1076px) Image search: [Google]
6EdFTn0.jpg
403KB, 1359x1076px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Order take all edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48732638

Um... What is wrong with Destruction?
>>
first for arrowboy spammers should drink bleach
>>
Mfw I bought 2000-3000 PTS of bretonnia for 30 dollarinos
>>
want to expand my stormcast force.
Should i get:
-Stardrake templar(because I love the model)
-2 boxes of prosecutors with javelin8to fulfill the idea of an entire winged army)
-paladins protectors(because i love their look). also, how well do they play on the battlefield?
>>48749584
Still haven't saw anyone play it irl, just a theory on /tg.
>>48749694
just 30 buck? you lucky bastard.
>>
Hello folks. I've been typing up a Skyborne Slayers + Thunderhead Brotherhood army thanks to your help and I sit at 2240. What can/ should I put in there to reach 2500?
>>
>>48749948
why would you want to play 2500?
at 2000+ the game is a mess. its still fun but it painfully slow and tactic goes down on a sinkhole.
So I would just reccomend "anything you like".
>>
>>48749694
Noice. How badly painted/put together are they though?
>>
File: Sigmar.jpg (36KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar.jpg
36KB, 620x400px
>>48749545
How's it feel to win for once, Orderfags?
>>
Any fellow bretonnia players got tips on lists, im thinking of running a Pegasus themed army (since I now have 11) but im not sure how well they do on The battlefield
>>48750364
Pretty bad but not unsalvageable, I dont mind tho it was a Great bargain. Here is The full list of what I managed to save
The Green knight
8 Pegasus knights
20 knights of the realm
5 grail knights
1 trebuchet
40 archers
10 men AT arms
1 paladin on foot
>>
>>48750494
I hear good things about Brets. Very good performers.
>>
>>48750396

Feels damn good.

I'm a Chaos/Beastmen player. Glad I lost to them and not the sudden influx of bandwagoning Destruction faggots who suddenly picked up Ogors.
>>
>>48751079
>Ironjawz player
>picked up OK stuff for Gutbusters
>beastclaws come out
>get labelled a WAAC faggot
>by the seraphon players who stomp new players in open play games
It just made me want to play Beastclaws that much more.
>>
>>48751319
As a Freeguilder, fuck that asshole with the cheesiest lists you can make.
>>
>>48749584

>first for arrowboy spammers should drink bleach

>60 hand gunners?
fine :^)

>massed dwarf gunline?

>Elf archer spam?

>Skink archer spam?

Die in a fire please.
>>
About to paint some Gore-gruntas, and having a hard time to get my pigs the way I want them. Anyone has any tips and tricks to paint the swine?
The face wont come along, the fur just looks... well bad... I tried to do classical drybrush, I tried to do over spray with the airbrush, I played around with washes... but nothing I do seems to make it look right.
>>
>>48751757
Pictures?
>>
>>48751726
>Die in a fire please.

Not even dead can justify their sin
>>
>>48751726
I'm fielding 40 Hangunners as two units, am I going to get that guy accusations?

I'm also going to be fielding 60 Guard, so I figure I'm fine.
>>
File: IMG_4478.jpg (95KB, 556x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4478.jpg
95KB, 556x755px
>>48751758

Took a quick shot right now. Personally, I just feel the face got to sloppy, and that the fur is.. I don't know, not popping enough. Perhaps I should repaint the fur in a brighter color?
>>
Hey, I could use some help with some lists I was thinking about purchasing.

Arch-Warlock - Cunning Deceiver, Crown of Conquest - 140
Thanquol and Boneripper - Warpfire Projectors - 500

Stormfiends x3 - Ratling Cannons - 300
Stormfiends x3 - Warpfire Projectors x3 - 300
Stormfiends x3 - Shock Gauntlets x3 - 300

Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team - 60
Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team - 60
Ratling Cannon Weapon Team - 80
Ratling Cannon Weapon Team - 80

Clanrats x10 - Rusty Blades - 60
>>
Sylvaneth you're opinions

Sons of Durthu 400pk
Gift of Ghyran
Briarsheath

Branchwitch 100 pk
Regrowth

Branchwitch 100pk
Throne of vines

10x Driads 120pk

5x Tree revenants 100pk

3x Kurnoth Hunters bow 180pk

1000 pk
>>
>>48751809
I'd say the face needs more depth/definition in places, and definitely do the fur a brighter colour, it barely looks like you've done more than one on there.
>>
>>48751794

>I'm fielding 40 Handgunners as two units, am I going to get that guy accusations?

Nope you're an order player you get a pass.

Only Destruction players are ordered to drink bleach if we play our armies a certain way
>>
>>48751817
Looks dull to paint and assemble, and those Stormfiend units will looks pretty bad with 3 times the same miniature.
>>
>>48750494
Well you'll never need more than 2 units of 3 imo.

They're more for war machine/stray hero hunting that actual punching power
>>
>>48751863
>>48751726
>>48749584
>mfw my faction doesn't even have ranged weapons
>>
>>48750396
just
irrelevant
late
>>
>>48751950
Death?

Convert some Skeleton Archers?
>>
>>48751966
Host of Slaanesh
>>
>>48750396
Like all the other times order wins in all the worldwide campaign. It feels good to kick the piss out of Chaos and take the wind out of its sail.
>>
>>48751950
I feel your pain mate, new to the game and my friend runs dwarf gun spam and constantly proxies their strongest units against me. I wouldn't care too much but I have a death footslog army with no Wizard (for a while anyway) so I have no way of denting the 30+ bonus that gives him the bullshit amount of shots each turn. That and our games are pretty much decided by who gets second turn which feels like a huge waste of time to me.
I thought it was a meme but shooting armies fucking suck to play against, I may as well pack my shit up and go, thanks for the single turn game.
Can't wait to get some Necromamcers to spam bat swarms around the bastard and arcane bolt his group size bonus away.
>>
>>48751989
Throw in some Slaaneshi looking Ungors?
>>
>>48751996
I feel bad for Sylvaneth fans because the lore is going to be about how awesome Stormcast are and the trees are just gonna be a footnote.
>>
>>48752021
No it won't.
>>
>>48751818
Bow Kurnoths are definitely a strong choice. Last night I sat them on an objective for 3 rounds and my opponent just couldn't shift them. With all the healing available in Sylvaneth and re-rolling saves they're utter filth.

Consider taking Verdant Blessing instead of Regrowth, you currently don't have many ways to produce Wyldwood's - which are key to your armies survivability and mobility.

Throne of Vines is especially good if you're planning on unbinding a lot of spells against a magical army but if thats your plan then beware the danger of locking down a fragile Branchwych.

Briarsheath is a strong option on Durthu (or any Treelord) when stacked with their Groundshaking Stomp to give opponents -2 to hit.

Consider taking a Treelord Ancient instead of Durthu if you want to use Gift of Ghyran. The Ancient can fabricate Wyldwoods to get you the D3 healing and has a decent command ability to let you re-roll saves of 1. Don't forget, this also gets relayed off your Kurnoths too!

Durthu is awesome but reaches his best potential as a bodyguard to Allarielle (who can heal the wounds he intercepts for her as well as allowing you to risk D3 wounds to buff Verdant Blast).

Lastly, it looks like you've got the bits of the Start Collecting Sylvaneth box. If you don't already know, there's a nice ability on a sheet exclusive to the box: the Treelord and Branchwych automatically heal each turn and Dryads ressurect from the dead ;-)
>>
>>48752021
Don't worry, the fucking Sigmarines already got themselves the obligatory feature in the Sylvaneth Battletome.
>>
>>48752014
Tell the fucker to stop proxying or proxy yourself a few necros
>>
>>48751833

Ill go in with some more spot selected washing on the face, blend that to create more depth. Ill also hit the eyes with some purple wash to glaze just under the eyes (the bags), to get some difference on the facial colors.
On the skin, Ill hit it with the airbrush, keeping the dark brown in the recesses, the problem I have is, I don't know what brown to use.
The mahogany base has a bit of red in it (quite a lot actually), and don't just want to ad a brighter color to it as it will only make it appear pink. At the same time I don't want the fur to look to leathery brown, as it would take away from some of the leather straps Ill be painting later, what color would you propose?
>>
>>48752125

Fuck.. I meant to say "On the fur, Ill hit it with the airbrush", hope you still got it.
>>
>>48752014
To be honest the Host of Slaanesh is probably one of the hardest counter to ranged spam.
My Seekers, of which i have plenty, with little to no effort can move 16", run 2d6" and charge with a +1" all in the same turn, and with the order of the KoS can be activated twice in the melee phase. They are just brutal against archers.

If they cover their archers, and they should, i just crash them with a chariot.

But with no real variety of support units, very small heroes bonuses, and all the unit being variations of the same fast assault unit, it can be a little boring.
Having some ranged stuff would mix up the gameplay a little.

>>48752020
I always liked Beastman. I would like to add them to my army, but I have to finish painting the daemons first.
>>
>>48752125
Tuskgor Fur or Baneblade Brown?
>>
>>48752139
How would you deal with a skellybrick? Just curious. Is it just drown them in attacks and hope they don't get up?
>>
File: lewd.jpg (54KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
54KB, 295x300px
>Skaven breeding pits
>>
>>48752162
>>48752125

Or Gorthor Brown, if Baneblade is a little bright.
>>
>>48752183
You should play frostgrave if you want breeding pits. All the multipart plastic furries you could want in that expansion.
>>
>>48752183
>>48752198

Don't start this shit again.
>>
>>48751817

Do you think anyone will actually have fun playing that army?
>>
>>48752177
Never face them, but I guess I would play just a lot of chariots and big units of daemonettes, counting upon my charge bonuses and the battleshock gimmicks I have.
>>
>>48752213
Wasn't me last time, and it really wasn't the intention to do so now.
>>
>>48752246
Let's say at 1k, I just like to pit my skellies around in thought experiments.
>>
File: 2PeMcm.png (40KB, 315x320px)
2PeMcm.png
40KB, 315x320px
>>48752213
>>48752198
tfw you will never have a harem of cute females kept ready for you by tame cut eunuchs ready to breed strong new skaven warriors
>>
>>48752292
Ok, in 1k I would try:

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Chariot
3x Seeker Chariots
A unit of 20 Daemonettes
A unit of 30 Daemonettes

I would assume the enemy has big units of skeletons. 40 men strongs probably.

So i would choose one, and strike with the Herald+1 chariot or 2 chariots, and one unit of daemonettes.

Since the mobility I have, I would definitely have the first assault.
My chariot would deal a good amount of damage in the charge phase. On average the Herald does 1 mortal wound per model in 1" when she charges. The other chariots do 0,5.
Let's say i can make the charge and be a 1" of 5 models. That's 5 mortal wound. Maybe a second chariot for 2,5 mortal wound extras.
Then there are the attacks.
About 6 dead with the herald and 3 per chariot.
Not many but they add up.
Then the daemonettes (probably the first i'd choose to attack), if they manage to stay 20+, can easily deal 10+ dead.
I would receive a counter attack for sure and something would die. Probably a chariot since you'd be force to reroll the 6 to hit against the daemonettes, which would be harsh especially with the spears.

I lose about 200+ point of army probably, but I force you to make a battleshock test with 25 rerolling 1s and a -1 for the exalted chariot.

I'll get countercharge, which would hurt.
Next turn I retreat the chariots if alive, and charge with the two remaining and other deamonettes.

I can make this thing twice, maybe thrice.

Not sure if I can win, I would depend on how good you are to absorb charges and how many tricks you have upon your sleeves, but i would force you to play but I'm fairly sure I can delete your biggest unit out of the field on the beginning and force you to play with that.
>>
Has anyone tried using military tactics from ancient to modern times in their games. Ive just started and im trying to recreate Alexander the Greats formation with death units
>>
>>48752221
Why?

>>48751926
How so? Stormfiends and Thanquol and Boneripper are two of my favorite looking models in the game atm.
>>
>>48752509
Wow, that's more killy than I thought. I'd be fielding my Legion of Death, maybe mix up my usual and drop some archers for more spear skellies to absorb the charge.
My usual list is
Legion of death batallion
Wight king w/banner
5 black knights
10 grave guard (maybe drop to 5 and add 10 skellies elsewhere)
10 skeletons
10 skeletons
20 skeletons
10 skeleton archers
Tomb herald

Basically I try to make a tanky brick that has a 5+/5+/6+ save and rezzes d6+2 skellies a turn. If I beef up the bricks by shifting archers and grave guard, I'd get a decent main block. If I got the charge though (not likely vs slaanesh) With a 30 block it'd be a 160 attacks on the charge though. Add a +1 to hit for the king and a +4" hero phase move and guaranteed 6" charge the other units will have a chance to catch up at least.
>>
>>48752021
They should be mentioned. Order fights like a team. Unlike Chaos and Destruction. Death is not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>48752582
An interesting battle for sure, but if you leave your skeletons in different small units I fear they would be selectively erase one by one, and you wouldn't have the bonus attacks for being bigger unit, which is what they rely on.

For sure the grave guard are not efficient, the amount of mortal wounds i can cause on the charge and the fact they are 1 wound each (which i found weird, but whatever) they would die very ineffectively.
If I bring a Keeper of Secrets, they would be far more interesting.
I understand you need them for the batallion, but I don't think is worth it in 1k point to be force to spread your units and have a unit that you are not sure it will even be able to attack once.

I think to win you should take a big unit skeleton, spread it in a line to minimize the charge wounds and make it immune to battleshock with the commander ability.
Put in on the front of your army, and force me to deal with that first.
You'll lose it, but with no battleshock they can absorb a lot, and leave me open to countercharge, which is what my army fear, especially from those Black Knights.
>>
>>48752563
Stormfiends suffer from a massive monopose problem.
>>
>>>48747592

The book is £30, £25 digital for almost no content and you know it.

Piracy is a service the community performs for one another because the main company is fucking awful and it would bankrupt everyone to buy every book just to keep up with things, and if a pirate posts two thirds of a book missing one of the most important parts of said book, it absolutely should be brought up.
>>
>>48752696
Well, imo the black knights suck, but you might be right about the batallion. So if I drop that and half the GG I could run two skelly units, one 40 and one 30 at least and still have +1 rez from the tomb herald. And then I would probably drop the knights and rather rain 40+ arrows on you per turn.
>>
File: CpC4wZMUAAAcNlS.jpg (198KB, 1200x938px) Image search: [Google]
CpC4wZMUAAAcNlS.jpg
198KB, 1200x938px
Post your favourite non-gold Eternals
>>
>>48752869
Anyone have the pictures of those dwarf storm cast someone did last year
>>
File: 2015-08-17-22.06.jpg (289KB, 2796x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-17-22.06.jpg
289KB, 2796x1000px
>>48752869
>>
>>48752957
What's a good technique to do splatter effects like that?
>>
>>48753010
Let Duncan-sensei show you the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRBq7GVnJM
>>
>>48752957
There's something about this lot that I don't quite like. I can't put my finger on it other than say detail is lacking in some way. I'm not sure if it's the flatness of the red or the over airbrushness of the white/shading. It's good, I don't dispute that, but there's just -something- about it.
>>
>>48752779
Entitled little shit. You don't have to buy every book because the warscrolls are freely available on the gw website. Only buy the books if you want the fluff.
>>
>>48752779
Fuck off, he obviously missed off the warscrolls cus, oh, guess what! Instead of being a lazy twat and expecting everyone else to do everything for you, you can get them from the gw website! Oh, and on fucking top of that the complete ePub is up, and before you moan ohhhh but I want pdf once again, just do a little work and download a free ePub reader, or are you too much of Luddite to know how these things called computers work? Unappreative, lazy, entitled, dickhead
>>
>>48752779
You don't have to buy every book, the rules for each unit are provided for free.

>Almost no content
Except for unique warscroll battalions, background material, battleplans, Allegiance traits, spell lores, and artefacts, sure.

If you're pirating a book just because you want to know what the other side can take (aside from what's included in the aforementioned free warscrolls), you don't need to bring the pirated copy into a GW, you can just read the faction's rules at home. So the format shouldn't matter at all. The fact that you 'need' to be able to pass off a pirated copy of a book as legitimate implies you just want a perfect version for free and are trying to justify that selfish behaviour.
>>
>>48753158

Yeah no, he's the one who's been lazy here. It's transparently obvious to any inbred child that downloading the warscrolls seperately leaves you with about 20 seperate pdf documents, which is a massive hassle next to just including the pages in a book you professed to be offering in the first place.
>>
>>48753195
Just use the app, it's free too.
>>
>>48753209

Honestly at this point I'm considering just taking the missing pages out of the epub and working out how to add them to the PDF myself. I mean, as much as offering the PDF in the first place is a nice gesture, leaving pages out of a book, especially rules pages out of a rulebook, is such a transparently obvious fuck up I don't even know how you can pull it off.
>>
>>48753195
Again, compiling PDFs is so easy a child (or an 80year old) with only the simplest googlefoo could do! It is laziness, plain and simple
>>
>>48753264
See this guy's reply.

>>48753167
>>
>>48753273

So you consider it a simple task, and when I tell someone he fucked up a simple task it's me who's lazy?
>>
>>48753291
Yes it's you who's lazy! He didn't fuck up the task, he left it out as he had done a fuck ton of work as it is. Show more appreciation and say THANK YOU! you ungracious nob.
>>
So I see todays theme of drama is raging over someone not giving more free stuff on top of the free shit they are already giving everyone...

/AoSG/ as usual...
>>
>>48753370
That's the sort of entitled attitude that makes one quintessentially British.
>>
>>48753385
True, but a true British gentleman still says thank you whilst robbing taking the shirt from your back
>>
>>48749545
> based celestial vindicators letting hobos fight alongside them
>>
>>48753326

>Here's a free car!
>I didn't include an engine though
>>
>>48753456
Aww is that your best come back? Using a completley ridiculous and hyperbolic concept and yet still missing the point completley! I will have to relent and apologise. I knew the Internet was full of stupid folk, but this is m&s stupid! It was my bad for thinking that you could have the mental capacity to do such simple things. I guess it should be expected that you require everything given to you as you are quite obviously still being spoon fed by your mother.
>>
>TFW you are finishing your Archaon and already own a unit of 9 Varanguard and a gaunt summoner
>You have a friend with a perfect Bloodmarked warband
> A buddy with the plague touched warband all ready to go
> An acquaintance with the Fatesworn warband
>Nobody with a single mortal Slannesh unit to his name...
>Three friends with 9000+ points of Dwarfs between them wanting a mega battle.

DAMN SLANNESH! She/He/It/Shitstain denies me my chance to play Archaon's Grand host! Fuck that God to death for being absent, not just in lore but also among my friends.

How cool would it have been to take the Archaon's Grand Host battalion against an entire Dwarf warden... But no one wants to build a MORTAL Slannesh army. The demons work but the mortals suck dick... I just need six units though... Almost tempted to buy two Slaves to Darkness Starters just to get that force up and running...

Anyone have experience with mortal Slannesh? The only good thing I see is the Lord that gives a unit the ability to swing twice in one turn... the rest is kind of shitty really...
>>
>>48753456
>>Here's a free car!
>I didn't include an engine though because you already have the engine and all the resources and tools to very easily add it to the car
Fixed it for you... Now fuck off cunt
>>
>>48753547
That's... Pretty awesome. I'd say you split the cost with your friends and you all build/paint them up so you can all do the grand host vs the dwarfs.
>>
So my ironjawz just came in the mail, havent picked them up yet but i needed to ask - is there a way to get the starter formation in the app? I fucking hade carrying books when i can just use my tab
>>
>>48753456
>>48753291
>>48753195
>>48752779

And if you keep up with thinking your entitled to just receive these items and moan continuously when you don't get it in your way/the way you want it, without you having to do anything, then the free,pirated resources will dry up because they are taken for granted, you free loading scum.
>>
>>48753608

I can give you the entire warscroll battalion except for the rules if you like.
>>
Oi, twats, how should I paint my general's horse?

Dark green and copper/bright bronze armour on the horse, green/yellow cloth and copper/bright bronze on the general's.
>>
>>48753608
The start collecting batallions are only on paper in the box. Take a pic, keep it on your phone.
>>
File: IMG_4481.jpg (186KB, 872x1051px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4481.jpg
186KB, 872x1051px
>>48751809
>>48752162
>>48752190

Alright, I went back and took inspiration from the actual GW range of colors listed in the back.
After a quick visit to my local game-store, I got hold of Gorthor Brown to brighten the fur up a notch (saving the mahogany in the deepest of recesses). Then I added the bleached part towards the bottom of the fur, which I think added a great effect to the overall pig.

What I wonder about is if it would have looked better, had I not chose to airbrush the Fur, and finish with a drybrush, and instead used the "layer" paint as it is intended. Sure, it would have taken a lot more time, but I think the end result could have been even better.

Anyways, now at least I feel like its an ok pig. This I could work with so to speak. Thanks for the feedback and help with colors guys!
>>
>>48753632
With a paintbrush
>>
>>48753679
Very funny, lad.
>>
>>48753672
Looks better already. Glad I could help, mate.
>>
>>48753687
Okay... I will answer none sarcastically. My boneszone guys have a similar green/bronze going, that I think works well with the bone, so many go for a dirty cream for the horse?
>>
>>48753725
Sounds like an idea. I'll give it a go.
>>
>>48753602
Thanks, but I'm looking for ideas on how to play mortal Slaanesh or make an army that can be played on its own or in the mega battle.

The formation is the following...

1 Mortal Slaanesh hero
6 Mortal Slannesh units

What kind of army should I make within this kind of limitation?

I could buy two starter sets of Slaves to Darkness and build the following..

1 SLAANESH MORTAL HERO

Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)

6 SLAANESH UNITS

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)

Chaos Chariots x 2 (160)

Chaos Knights x 10 (400)
- Chaos Glaives

Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Total 1340pts

This could become 1500 easily by summoning an exalted chariot of Slaanesh for normal matched play so it wouldn't be a waste... just uninteresting...

But is that worth anything overall? All it really does is have the buffed Knights charge and double strike the shit out of something and then just be worse Chaos units...

Any other ideas to make a more interesting army of Slaanesh with only Mortals that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

$200 is a steep cost to just being able to put down shitty units for our mega battle...
>>
File: 20160811_223735.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_223735.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
What are you working on today /aosg/?
>>
>>48753863

Are those the guys that killed Be'lakor?
>>
>>48753915
No, it was their rock dropping cousins from across the street that did it... but it did happen...

>TFW Be'lakor is no where to be seen in AoS fluff...
Feels goods mans
>>
>>48753850
Better yet ask your friends to let you modify the grand host to not include the slaneesh bullshit, or include Skaven or beastmen or whatever instead. sounds better than spending 200 dollarydoos in stuff you don't want
>>
do you guys think they will sell the silver tower miniatures, really like the chaos stuff but dont wanna spend money on it just for em
>>
>>48754026
they will probably release them with the tzeentch stuff later this year
>>
>>48753949
Be'lakor is stonedead. This is beyond the shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>48753915
>>48753949
>>48754079
You guys can joke all you want but in the end of the day, you know that it wasn't Be'lakor that was killed. It was a random daemon prince as it impossible for Be'lakor to be canonically there. Remember what the TW game said about Be'lakor, he has no shape or form. He is a being of Shadow that not even Slayer of King can pierce.

Frankly, I find it so pathatic that you guys are so tramatized by Be'lakor that you despeately want anything bad to happen him even if it didn't really happen.

And by the way, Be'lakor has an entry in the GAC book just slightly but profoundly altered his lore. He is the First Everchosen of Chaos who abaddoned his position of power and status to seek his own agenda. It seems that AoS Be'lakor in charaization is nothing like WHFB Be'lakor. Except Be'lakor to make his grand apperance at some point in the future. What's between him and Archaon is far from finished.
>>
>>48754158
Expect*
>>
>>48754158
I see the BIDF is out today. Just let it go, man.
>>
>>48754158
If it looks like a Be'lakor and gets defeated like a Be'lakor, it has to be a Be'lakor.
>>
>>48754158
Someone get this guy the white dwarf clipping for the lols...

Also...

>Be'lakor was the first Everchosen
>Gave the title up
>Archaon takes it up and becomes everything Be'lakor couldn't be
>Be'lakor is now the laughing stock of chaos, the gumpy old man sitting on his chair yelling "In My Day!..." to the successful Archaon who just ignores him and continues to kick the shit out of everything.
> Be'lakor fans imagine he will ever be relevant again as a shadow demon
>Ignores the fact that Malarion is the REAL OG of shadow and will eclipse all of Be'lakor's spot when they turn to the realm of shadow narrative wise...
>>
>>48754178
You threw the first rock. You should let go first.
>>
>>48754158
>tramatized

BIDF is so triggered by his husbandos trauma that he doesn't even take the time to proofread his autism.
>>
>>48754199

>Sucessful Archaon

Hee.
>>
>>48754199
Feels good, the only thing I liked about him was the idea of daemons of undivided
>>
>>48754207
Kek, wasn't me though. But they did let go of the rocks...
>>
>>48754233
Even before GW pushed him for summer slam he was a pretty competent villain, and I speak as an order fag
>>
>>48754249

Yeah, he was before.
>>
>>48753850
That battalion may seems small, but it's basically designed for when you have 30 men warrior units.

Forget about it, pick the unit you like and that's it.
>>
>>48754197
Be'lakor was locked in the Warp after Archaon defeated him. Daemons take a year and a day to recover from being killed. That this happened im the same year of te battle. So timewise Be'lakor cannot be there.

To add a cherry to the top. The most important and juicy one, Be'lakor cannot enter into reality via Chaos rifts. The Lizardmen vs daemons battle happened when a Chaos rift cracked open by daemons.

>>48754199
>>Archaon takes it up and becomes everything Be'lakor couldn't be

Be'lakor made Archaon.

>>Be'lakor is now the laughing stock of chaos, the gumpy old man sitting on his chair yelling "In My Day!..." to the successful Archaon who just ignores him and continues to kick the shit out of everything.

Wouldn't fit what's hinted about him in the lore. In WHFB he wanted to be the Everchosen. In AoS he got bored of it and left to do his own thing free from the Chaos Gods. So his backstory is going to rewritten.
>>
>>48754255
>>48754249
Are you guys implying that Archaon is not successful?
>>
>>48754272

Directly stating isn't implying. He had credibility before the End Times, and now he's a laughing stock.
>>
>>48754258
Here is your (You).
>>
>>48754299
He was kind of a laughingstock after the Storm of Chaos campaign as well.
>>
>>48754319

Only a mild one, villains are meant to fail at the last hurdle.
>>
File: Be'lakor AOS.jpg (128KB, 990x931px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor AOS.jpg
128KB, 990x931px
>Archaon : I know you, Abominate. You want my title for yourself.
>Be'lakor : Oh, my child-in-shadow. Deluded and naive as always even after all this time. Have you any idea of how much power I would give up If I choose to be Everchosen? What is between us is nothing as petty as a power struggle.

That's how I imagine it's going go down between them. I am hyped!
>>
>>48754308
I don't want your Yous. I will take your admission of defeat graciously

>>48754299
No, he didn't.

Only in the End Times and AoS did he achieve great victories and slap everyone around like cheap two dollar bitches (especially Nagash).

So you claiming that has no crediablity or competence and is a laughing stock is suspect. It seems like trolling to me.
>>
>>48754375
Rock on, BIDF.
>>
>>48754405
If I am a petty person I would point at all the funny ways the Slaan got killed.

>Axe to the face
>Crushed by a loose gear
>falling off a cliff

You don't see me bragging about it (alot). The Slaan are the most noxious mary sues in the setting but I refrain from tearing at them despite them deserving it.
>>
>>48754299
>Spent 10,000 years winning wars in the realms of chaos since the old world exploded
> Strongest character in the lore BY FAR
> Ended 10,000 years of Mortal Kingdoms ruled by Sigmar in his strongest incarnation AND a pantheon of other Insane tier gods in a few years
> Did this by uniting the WORST fucking faction to make work together, even Orks are easier to get a WAAAGH going and get them organized.
> Broke everyones shit for 500 years waiting for Sigmar to open the locked box he hid in
>Did all this WHILE having the 4 gods fuck with him endlessly because each one wanted him all to themselves.
> Ends every battle he appears in within the lore in a resounding victory

Yeah..... laughing stock... in that case holy fuck Be'lakor is the that one shaggy dog joke you forget the punch line to right at the end and just wind up looking dumb infront of your friends.

>"Muh Be'lakor is better because he was enslaved by the gods to crown his better and got BTFO by anything actually relevant"
>>
>>48754441
I'm not the one getting flustered over a silly thing here, BIDF. You are the jackass here.
>>
>>48754375

Failing at the last hurdle as a villain is acceptable. You can dust yourself off, look at the havoc you caused in the process and resolve to finish the job next time.

Failing at the last hurdle then having a different villain's whiny Starscream bail you out is humiliating beyond belief.

And then the masturbation, oh god, the masturbation.

The chaos gods are scared of Archaon!
Archaon just does whatever he likes whenever he wants!
Archaon destroyed like fifty planets off screen, even though this new setting doesn't have planets! He hung them up over his castle as trophies!
Archaon's horse is a gigantic three headed dragon now, never mind that it makes him look tiny by comparison and contributes most of his in game statline!
>>
>>48754375
> Storm of chaos was retconed into End Times

All of his canon appearances have had him being the most badass motherfucker in the setting short of Settra and pimpking of fuck you.

He is the literally embodiment of united chaos, strongest single model in the game and most influential character in the setting along side Sigmar... be'lakor is a petty minor demon prince that ignores rend for his armor save... His literal plot is that he became a demon prince and was cool until the Gods chose better princes for their own until he lost his own personal snow flake status and has been crying ever since.
>>
>>48754467
No, you guys are getting flusttered. Notice when I brought the lore that Be'lakor cannot be killed there that all of them went quite and went to insulting me and calling me a troll.

>>48754497
>Failing at the last hurdle then having a different villain's whiny Starscream bail you out is humiliating beyond belief.

Be'lakor did not bail him out. What the fuck? Archaon kicked Be'lakor in the dick after he forced him to crown him, and then Be'lakor spent the WHOLE End Times trying to find a way to stop Archaon from claiming victory. So what's humiliating here is your poor fluff knowledge.

>The rest of your posts short Tl;dr : I hate him because he is so successful

Then why did you say he wasn't successful and was incompetent? You lied to us.
>>
>>48754497

Chaos is the villain at end times, with Archaon being their stand in.

AoS has the focus on Archaon this time since he is the mirror of Sigmar from a narrative perspective

>the masturbation, oh god, the masturbation
Have you READ the fluff of Sigmar and the stormcasts... this setting is flooded in the stuff and covered with its own jizz because that's its style.

>that it makes him look tiny by comparison
Honestly in person the model makes Archaon look fucking huge... his body is the size of a Varanguard alone...
>>
>>48754497
Someone has the screenshot of Archaon continuing efforts to build a statue of himself without the Ironjaws defacing it?
>>
>>48754588
>Notice when I brought the lore that Be'lakor cannot be killed there that all of them went quite and went to insulting me and calling me a troll.

You mean the most common DUH ever since he is a DEAMON... ALL OF THEM cant be "Killed". What a fucking hack. You cant even troll properly

>Failing at the last hurdle then having a different villain's whiny Starscream bail you out is humiliating beyond belief.
>Be'lakor did not bail him out.

He wasn't talking about Be'lakor you asshat, now we know you don't even know the lore your trying to argue.

pathetic
>>
>>48754633
>You mean the most common DUH ever since he is a DEAMON... ALL OF THEM cant be "Killed". What a fucking hack. You cant even troll properly

You idiot. Daemons physical bodies that can be killed in the physical realm. When daemon get defeated in the fluff what does the text say? He was killed.

But that besides the point that Be'lakor could not be at Lustria at that time.

>He wasn't talking about Be'lakor you asshat, now we know you don't even know the lore your trying to argue.

You mean Mannfred? We are going through this again?

Have you read read End Times Archaon? The Ritual working was FAR from certain. It was not a sure shot. According to the novel, it might have ended with all of them dying to complete it.

One slip and it would be all over. Even if Mannfred did not do his thing, Archaon would have disturbed the ritual by charging in and punching Sigmar in the back of his head.
>>
>>48754685
Daemons have*
>>
>>48754614
Archaon wasn't personally building it...the warlords he controlled were but still it was funny watching them fail him over and over again.

But that is Orruk lore and the whole narrative with them is that nobody important is viewing them as the true threat they are becoming and they are gunna WAAAGH the fuck out of everyone soon because no one dealt with them early.

All destruction fluff is just them randomly kicking ass left right and center.

>TFW a Stormhost fights their way into a chaos army
>They are about to possibly seal the gate to Chaos
>Ironjawz ride over the hills and royally skull fuck everyone
> Take the gate, do nothing with it and leave it to fuck off elsewhere

Damn orks...

>>48754685
White Dwarf says Be'lakor was killed... Your headcanon literally doesn't matter.

>Mannfred Spurging
What a waste of text space
>>
>>48754588
Killing and being banished to the realm of Chaos is basically the same thing. You are just being pedantic and unreasonable.
>>
The only reason Be'lakor exists these days was to sell the overstock of that specific generic demon prince model before the molds broke and they had to switch to finecast, now he just sits there since they had the mold lying around.

Anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot at best.
>>
>>48754715
>White Dwarf says Be'lakor was killed... Your headcanon literally doesn't matter.

That wasn't Be'lakor and I am not saying any headcanon. I already pointed out evidence that it wasn't. Prove it was Be'lakor with lore that i not headcanon.

>What a waste of text space

Not an argument. Bringing up a statement and then failing to defend it, that is pathatic.
>>
>>48754721
Wrong.

Being killed has the daemon locked in the Warp for a day and a year. Being banished has them locked in the Waro for longer. That is way Daemons kill themselves and destroy their bodies if they see someone casting a banishment spell.

You being ignorant and childish.
>>
I'll be playing Sylvaneth with Stormcast no 1000 pk some advice?
>>
>>48754765
This is why*
>>
>>48754742
Now it's just sad. You should probably just learn to let things go.
>>
>>48754765
No.
>>
>>48754742
>That wasn't Be'lakor
>The not in character overview of the battle, written by game developers explaining everything happening CLEARLY writes Be'lakor
>"I am not saying any headcanon"

Literally a lie... you LITERALLY are now lying to keep the mascaraed up... congratulations on reaching the mental age of two...
>>
>>48754781
Same goes to you. I mean you guys bring it up whenever Be'lakor is discussed.

Also that's not an argument. Where is your proof that the guy in the WD was Be'lakor. Can you disprove the evidence I presented or are you going to throw another non-argument.
>>
>>48754765
There is no fucking rule on exactly how long a demon is banished lol especially in AoS where its mentioned many times how chaos demons literally die and appear the next day from a portal.

What shitty fan fictions have you been reading these days...
>>
>>48754765
What is this Waro that you speak of?
>>
>>48754804
The Daemon was not named and he did not act in anyway like Be'lakor.

1-Be'lakor is a living shadow. Physical things cannot harm him.
2-Be'lakor cannot exit the Warp via Chaos Rifts

So it was a random daemon prince with Be'lakor's model because at the time generic princes model were ugly. Are you going throw a tantrum or you going give up?

>>48754794
Not an argument.
>>
>>48754805
*Looks at the army list*
Sees Be'lakor in the battle report...
>B-But that's not Be'lakor....

Sad... really sad...
I wish this was a real person instead of a troll, would have been interesting to see some so clearly delusional
>>
>>48754441
Yeah, none of us get riled up when a slann bites it because we know a good narrative needs some losses as well, we take it in stride and don't get defensive over it the way you do
>>
>>48754831
>There is no fucking rule on exactly how long a demon is banished lol especially in AoS where its mentioned many times how chaos demons literally die and appear the next day from a portal.

The WHFB rules apply.

And I have 99% books with me so you better source what you just said.

And even this is pointless because Be'lakor cannot exit through portals.
>>
>>48754854
There is no Be'lakor in the army list. Just generic daemon. He was not named in any way.

Again, you failed to hand over any Proof!

>>48754858
I disgree Slaan players get very defensive when you make a single mistake about their lore.
>>
>>48754742
>Not an argument

There is no argument to be had when you are literally wrong... and its clear you'll just make up new shit to try to keep saying your right so no, no one will bring up an argument with you. You are the flat earth theorist of AoS, fun to watch spurge out but no one give a shit in the end.
>>
File: Chaos Ogre.jpg (348KB, 1200x1797px)
Chaos Ogre.jpg
348KB, 1200x1797px
What's the best way to combine ogres (Gutbusters, not Beastclaw) with Khorne Bloodbound?

Is there a way?
>>
>>48754805
>I mean you guys bring it up whenever Be'lakor is discussed.

Yes, it's funny because you flip your shit everytime we make fun of Be'lakor and assume that we actually care about Be'lakor for real. The only factor that keeps this debate running all the time is your unhealthy obsession with Be'lakor. You should probably seek help from a professional psychiatrist.
>>
>>48754887
No. If I am wrong you would have shown me that I am wrong by quoting the End times Archaon book. You did not.

So Let get this straight. You position is that the ritual was a sure 100% thing had Mannfred not interfered. Also that Archaon wasn't making his way back to fight Sigmar. Is that your position? Say it is so so I can post the fluff from the book to blow you out.
>>
>>48754776
Bump
>>
>>48754903
You care about Be'lakor more than I if you just keep believing the event to have happened to Be'lakor despite all the evidence against it. This is faith. You have faith in rocks and your hatred of Be'lakor. You are the crazy ones.
>>
>>48754884
I'll admit lizard fans are on the autistic side in terms of lore, but being anal isn't the same as being butthurt, then again maybe I've just been lucky not to see the kind your talking about
>>
>>48754937
>you're obsessed with me
>stop obsessing!
>come back... I know you're obsessed
>>
>>48754941
They were anal and very aggressive at any mistake you made about their lore, You should see what happened when the Sera book came out.
>>
>>48754866
>>48754917
>>48754884

>THERE IS A RULE IN THE WHFB BOOK THAT SAYS EVERYDEAMON GETS BANISHED FOR THE SAME SET OF TIME NO MATTER WHAT

> I HAVE THE BOOKS WITH ME RIGHT NOW SO YOU HAVE TO SOURCE ME WHILE I DONT HAVE TO

>I'M SAYING THE FACTUALLY WRONG SHIT AND YET EXPECT EVERYONE ELSE TO SOURCE THEIR SHIT INSTEAD OF DOING MY OWN SOURCING WITH THE BOOKS I APPARENTLY HAVE ON ME.

The only one needing to prove their shit is you anon, I mean... you HAVE the books right... lets see these sources then.

You are so pathetic, the perfect definition of a bad troll, what a waste of such potential. The last guy doing the
BIDF was way more competent then you...
>>
>>48754937
No, I don't really care about Be'lakor. He is a rather boring character. Your desperation is showing. I can smell your pit stains from across the Internet.
>>
>>48752021

Stormcast get their shit ruined on a fairly regular basis
>>
>>48754960
Ehh, I'm just a guy who wants to lizard for fun
>>
>>48754965
I said I meant I have all AoS books in this computer. That anon said

"There is no fucking rule on exactly how long a demon is banished lol especially in AoS where its mentioned many times how chaos demons literally die and appear the next day from a portal"

So I am wondering where did he pick this up. Out of his ass perhaps?

As for End times Archaon, I ready to copy paste it right now but I need to confirm you position so you won't weasel away see >>48754917

So are you going to be a coward or what? It's going be posted either way.
>>
>>48754975
Says the guy who provided no proof and desperately held on to something just to spite a fictional character. Your lies is showing!
>>
>>48754987
No joke, Unless I'm missing one almost every non order Battletome has them getting their shit kicked in unless they are the main character of some kind. They are the second most beaten horse in the setting after chaos.
>>
>>48755030

Yeah space marines don't die in the droves that Stormcast do unless it's a fucking Horus heresy book

And the specific scenario I'm thinking of involved a moon dropping on world eaters
>>
>>48755007
>"I NEED TO STALL FOR TIME SO I WILL ACT PRETENTIOUS"
>>
>>48754896

Stop. We are talking about Be'lakor and his weakness to rocks. Now is not the time for anything else.
>>
>>48755026
I never demanded or presented any proof. I'm also quite confident that it's impossible to spite a fictional character. What are these lies you're talking about?

Maybe you should just go take a nap and calm down?
>>
>>48755052
You are the one stalling. I just need the word from you.
>>
>>48755046
It's better this way, It makes their "we always come back" nonsense more manageable because holy shit these guys die in droves.
>>
>>48755060
More lies. Your post speak for themselves.
>>
File: Crying-Laughing-Meme-07.jpg (44KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Laughing-Meme-07.jpg
44KB, 451x392px
>>48755060
>>48755067
>still stalling
>acting like he is talking to only one person
>>
>>48755055
Serves me right for trying to get advice from a Korean Clog Dancing forum.
>>
>>48755090
Where are these lies you're speaking of? You are being incoherent and hysterical.
>>
>>48755046
Actually, the Tau killed hundreds of marines and injured many more in the starting stage of the Prefectia war. The marine death toll rose even higher when the Tau ambushed the 12 chapter task force.
>>
Who else thinks its more fun to come up with your own dudes instead of just using special characters?
>>
File: sad.jpg (21KB, 500x484px)
sad.jpg
21KB, 500x484px
>/aosg/ turning to shit in the second half of the thread

Why does it always happen?
>>
>>48755093
So you are saying that the other anon is coward who fled rather than own up to his position. Very typical.

Just a second going start posting LORE
>>
>>48755131
Because autism is the asshole disease.
>>
>>48755123
I do! Named characters are fine for particular stories that include them, but I want to use MY DUDES, and you can't really do that with special characters.

>>48755131
Don't blame me, I just want to take Gutbusters with Bloodbound.
>>
>>48753608
They are also no good for matched play as there are no points costs associated with them.
>>
>>48755111
Didn't that task force annihilate the tau and reclaim an entire world, posed to dive into the heart of the Tau empire before being swept away to deal with Tyranids?
>>
>>48755156
I kinda wish we had more fluff on the free people. It would be easier to come up with fitting fluff for my dudes that way.
>>
>>48755147
Indeed, no wonder you're such an asshole.

>>48755135
>Had there been eight Incarnates in that chamber, still the contest would have been a struggle. As it was, with Caradryan and Grimgor dead, it was almost impossible. The winds of magic were strong in that chamber, for they swirled undiluted from the Realm of Chaos itself. Whilst each of the Incarnates held sway over their own wind, and could turn its strength back upon itself, the masterless winds of Beasts and Fire ran rampant, shattering the delicate incantations of the ritual without warning.

>In the end, they would have been lost but for Teclis. Rooting his staff in the ground, the mage drew in the stray energies of Ghur and Aqshy, even though he knew it would be his doom. The loremaster had near unrivalled understanding of magic, but no mortal could embrace the full force of two winds and survive. Scarcely had Teclis begun when his skin began to blacken, and his mind started its irretrievable descent into madness. Yet still he held true, certain that no other could take his place.

>As Teclis’ flesh began to boil and peel, the winds of Ghur and Aqshy at last started to quieten, allowing the Incarnates to resume their incantations. Slowly – imperceptibly at first – the rift began to shrink as its power waned. Yet success was far from assured. Even a moment’s slip could reverse the rift’s momentum. Moreover, if Teclis succumbed to the forces he served as the conduit for, then the resulting turbulence would make victory impossible. If there had been another wizard present to take a part of Teclis’ burden, then success would have seemed certain. However, so far as the Incarnates knew, there was no such being at hand.
>>
>>48755135
Enhance your calm.
>>
>>48753547
You realize that you don't need one of EVERY god right? It says that you need the Overlord battalion and 4 IN ANY COMBINATION of the other battalions so you could have 2 of the Khorne, Nurgle, or Tzeentch battalions and your good to go.
>>
>>48755189
Well we know they form the bulk of the armies of Azyrheim, that which isn't constituted by Stormcast at least.

What are your ideas to make them YOUR DUDES, because you could probably fit the concept in.
>>
>>48755199
Even without Mannfred it was a struggle that was far from certain. One slip, one delay, then it will be more over.

And guess who was making his way back to punch Sigmar in the face.

>Archaon had not perished in the chasm. He had clung on with all the strength that remained to him and, as the Incarnates had attempted their desperate ritual, had hauled his way, hand over agonising hand, to the jagged precipice high above. At last, the Everchosen had clambered free of the chasm in the very moment of Mannfred’s treachery. Now, as Sigmar moved to aid Malekith, Archaon loosed a great cry and slammed into the Emperor from behind.

If Mannfred didn't disrurb the Ritual, then Archaon would have done it. There was no escape from fate, Archaon was going to win either way.
>>
>>48755199

Yep, was working.

Have you ever read a fantasy novel? Because I have a feeling you must have not. You've got zero grasp of genre conventions.
>>
>>48755235
I just want them to be like the Nordland province of the WHFB Empire. But the setting doesn't seem to go into human provinces relations a whole lot.
>>
>>48755247
Far from certain and it had two guys who wanted to throw a wrech in it. See >>48755242

It would have never worked even If Mannfred decided to sit around and watch.

Also according to the Lord of the End Times novel, the ritual would have ended with them giving their lives for the world. If the Incarnates all die, then who will save the world from Archaon and the billions of daemons and WoC on the planet? It was doomed effort from the start.
>>
>>48755235
Free people's really need a battletome fast. I would honestly say, and I don't even play order, that they are the most needed faction to receive lore.

Empire was cool because it was relatable humans, stuck in a shitty setting with death everywhere and still having the courage to fire some flintlock and hold the fucking line.

NOW the good guys WERE humans but are now immortal lightning romans from Valhalla made to never truly fear and shoot lighting from their arses. Free people are the humans, the ones order players SHOULD feel a connection with. They are the IG to the space marines and they need more then a passing reference.
>>
>>48755287
>>48755242
>>48755199
>in the very moment of Mannfred’s treachery

Ok now your just confusing... you proved that Mannfred caused it. Saying "But Archaon would've" is pointless... he could have not just as easily because of the plot.

And this has nothing to do with your pointless false claims about demons. Your just wasting everyone's time by this point...
>>
>>48755068

It's nice because frankly they perform about as well as chaos warriors always have, but have some psychological advantages(brainwashing)

>>48755111

Stormcasts die by the tens of thousands. Unless all of those chapters were completely wiped out, it's still just a drop in the bucket compared to the losses of the celestial vindicators in Warstorm alone
>>
>>48751989
Slaanesh marked marauder horsemen with javelins
>>
>>48755353
We will get to the daemons in a bit. But first your whole Mannfred thing. You implied that the ritual was a sure thing, that it would have worked if Mannfred strolled around.

The text proved that the ritual wasn't a sure shot and it would have failed without Mannfred either through the ritual failing by itself or by Archaon disturbing it. So Archaon did not need a Starscream bla bla whatever you said above.

Is it too hard to admit that you are wrong.
>>
>>48755187
You are confusing the damocles crusade with Zeist and with Kauyon. I don't know where to start.
>>
>>48755255

Well from what little I recall of Nordland, it was characterised by two things:

1. BOATS (being the main source of water-based trade and also fending off raids from the sea of claws)

2. FIGHTAN NORSCANS (being very north themselves they adapted to living in relatively inhospitable cold conditions and constantly fending off attacks from Chaos Waste tribesman.

3. WOODSY BASTARDS (they are incredible woodsmen, trackers, etc)

Both I think could very easily incorporated into what little we know. All it requires is your force coming from a place (not necessarily Azyrheim, they could be a Free Peoples enclave in one of the other realms) that is:

A. Cold
B. Near both a large body of water, preferably an ocean and also include large tracts of woodland within its boundaries.
C. Under near-constant attack from Chaos forces.

None of the above conditions are hard to fulfill, and opens the door for a variety of different further developments. If they're a Free Peoples enclave cut off from outside aid, they might be incredibly self-sufficient but taciturn and suspicious of accepting help from anyone else. The realm of Life or Beasts would easily include both the water and woodland elements, and every realm is always under the threat of Chaos forces, so that's a given.
>>
>>48755312
I actually just had an idea for a faction, a sort of new bretonnia, probably a different name, but in contrast the the historical/monty python look, they'd get a sort of not dark souls design theme
>>
>>48755312
Agreed. They got a bit of expansion lore-wise in the Order GA book, but not much except "most of them live in Azyrheim and form the bulk of its armies, whilst others live in isolated enclaves throughout the realms."

Not a huge amount of specificity there.
>>
>>48755432
Thanks for the ideas, Anon. I do think that a border region between beast and life would fit pretty well.
>>
So.. is it impossible to build a decent Daughters of Khaine list? The Witchelf are really lackluster, the support the Deathhag and Calduron offer are pretty meh and the Doomfirewarlocks are not only ugly as sin but also overpriced for some strange reason.
>>
>>48755358
>Stormcasts die by the tens of thousands. Unless all of those chapters were completely wiped out, it's still just a drop in the bucket compared to the losses of the celestial vindicators in Warstorm alone

There are more Stormcast and they don't tend to be as supported as the SM. You should look at things from a relative perspective.
>>
>>48755424
Oh nevermind, I didn't read those books. We cool!
>>
File: 1469738300178.png (5MB, 1700x2338px)
1469738300178.png
5MB, 1700x2338px
/aosg/, how should I paint my Stormcast? I was thinking of doing pic related, but I worry the simple color scheme might come off as a bit lazy. I want to stand out from the Gold coloration so I thought one of the non-metallic themes would be cool. And then for the Dracoths/Dragons do maroon/red scales.
>>
>>48755398
No one was wrong...

We said Manfred caused it... you screamed about how Archaon would have done the same. Then showed us the fiction that Manfred caused it...

You did prove or disprove anything the only difference is we are saying what DID happen, you are saying what YOU think WOULD happen in something that DIDNT happen.

You are literally saying your headcanon for a story in which a pivotal moment didn't happen. There is nothing for you to be right about, only shit for you to be wrong about, because your arguing text book headcanon.

Archaon could have stopped the ritual, or he could have been beaten to death in a surge of sigmar violence, with his will holding the ritual, or a Goddamn ork could have stomped up and saved the day. None of that matters because it didn't happen.

The one thing that DID, Mannfred's betrayal leading to the end of the world. And you just proved that for us...

Good job
>>
>>48755677
Whoops, this was meant for this >>48755411
>>
>>48755535

That's the idea, Stormcast are much more numerous than space marines and as a whole are not as superhuman, with the majority of their powers being spiritual or psychological. They're far more human.

Top end Celestants are like Chaos Lords though, they're a match for a space marine hero
>>
>>48755677
"Failing at the last hurdle then having a different villain's whiny Starscream bail you out is humiliating beyond belief".

The implication is that Archaon needed Mannfred to win the day and that he failed. The text shows otherwise. He did not need Mannfred at all. As it is presented, one slip would have doomed the Incarnates and the world. So when Archaon barrels in there it's not headcanon to say that he would have disturbed them all and stopped them from their channrling of power. All Incarnates were needed for the channeling and all of them were struggling.

You are wrong, sir. Admit it.
>>
So, I want to play Wanderer and have been cobbeling together the following 1k list:

Waystrider 80 General
Spellweaver 100

10 Sisters of the Watch 240
10 Sisters of the Watch 240
10 Eternal Guard 80
5 Sisters of the Thorn 220

40 Points short, but I guess I'll take a roll on the triumph table for that. Not really sure about the General.
>>
>>48755738
Also why the fact that Mannfred betrayed the Incarnates a negative for Archaon?

It was the Incarnates who humlaited, tortured, betrayed Mannfred which antoganized him to the point that he went "fuck you and fuck this world".

This the failure of the Incarnates camp. They turned an ally into a bitter enemy.
>>
Can anyone kindly share the Astral Templars paint scheme?
>>
>>48755789
>>48755738

Who on earth actually likes Mannfred enough to get mad about him on a Korean BBQ image board?

Archaon got flushed down a warp toilet like the chump he is and Mannfred did the only thing he has ever been written to do: back stab people who matter more than him.

Grass grew, birds flew, sun shined. Everything was as it should be
>>
>>48755738

Sure he did, we have NO idea he could have done anything. IT IS TEXTBOOK definition headcanon to say what you think SHOULD happen.

What a fucking scrub, doesn't even know the definition of headcanon.

We are not wrong, he failed and was busy trying to climb back from his failiure and try again when Mannfred did what he didn't and stop the ritual.

Stop fighting a brick wall, you'll only break your own hands.
>>
>>48755818
It is in pastebin. :-(

>>48755636
>how should I paint my Stormcast
The color of vengeance, Celestial Vindicator, always.
>>
>>48755880
I am not defending Mannfred. Though, I like him as a character. He is the Dio of Warhammer.

I am just saying that presenting what Mannfred did as a negative for Archaon is retarded for the following reasons :

1-The Incarnates forced Mannfred to betray them
2-Archaon wasn't out of the fight and would have attempted to stop the ritual himself
3-Archaon recruited Mannfred because he knew that he would be of use to him. Turns out, he did. So it should be a plus for Archaon.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 640x1305px)
image.jpg
145KB, 640x1305px
>>48755935

Don't insult Dio by comparing him with Mannfred, please.
>>
>>48755980
This, Dio is a smooth fucked with all the charisma, Manfred is a goon
>>
>>48755904
>We are not wrong, he failed and was busy trying to climb back from his failiure and try again when Mannfred did what he didn't and stop the ritual.

Nope, Archaon wasn't out of the fight so he didn't fail. He was climbing up and enteted the chamber at the moment of Mannfred's moment of glory. Going by the text, it's more likely that Archaon would have disturbed the ritual. You on the other hand have no proof that he was going to fail or was less likely to succeed. You have no proof that the ritual was going to work on its own and you are ignoring the fact that it would have killed all or many of the Incarnates to do it.

Also see >>48755935

Archaon did everything right. He activated the device which distracted the Incarnates and let their past foolishness catch up to them. His only mistake was slipping of a cliff, the Incarnates mistake was making an enemy of Mannfred a much more foolish move.

So trying to make the whole thing a negative for Archaon is reaching too hard.
>>
>>48755980
This.

Dio is a much more interesting, well written and presented character than Mannfred. He also isn't ugly like Mannfred.
>>
>>48756032
Mannfred is dripping with chrisma, though. He smoothed talkied himself to countless betryals.
>>
>>48756035

You're that dude who got really autistic about lord relictor blessings, aren't you
>>
>>48756078
>lord relictor blessings

I remember that argument. Though, I just watched it and took no part in it. So no it wasn't me.

Stormcast don't need Relictor blessings to return to Azyr, I say.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 270x200px
>>48756058
>>
>>48756035

Debatable but ultimately irrelevant. Mannfred suceeded in being a fucking vampire cuck at the end because he snuck up on Gelt, Archaon came out from the hole in the middle. Nagash could have done something about it had he cared to.

But again, irrelevant. Mannfreds a cuck
>>
I have a question for y'all AoS fags;

Does the points in the generals handbook actually make the slightest difference? Because by the look of the lists, it's exactly the same thing.
Actually, no, it's worse, because points costs allows proxies, so you get faggots running dwarf gunlines despite not having the models...
>>
Tbh Id be okay with a soft-reboot of WHFB where the ritual succeeds but everybody involved dies, so it's post End Times but with new characters for all factions. Maybe give it a 40 year time skip or something
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 558x558px)
image.jpg
32KB, 558x558px
>>48756199

>because I look at the lists and it's all the same thing

>points allow proxies

>guy runs dwarf thunderers without the models because of points
>>
>>48756199
Its not just the points that help its also the unit minimums/maximums for models that are leaders/monsters/battleline/war machines that really change what lists you can bring.
>>
>>48752694
Why? Death has the best lore characters
>>
So I wanted to do an elite army for Age of Sigmar for the lower model count. I'm busy and don't have time to paint 50+ models

I noticed that Soulblight are an army of all vampires which is pretty awesome in my eyes.

So here is my Soulblight list at 1500. Do you think its too few models for that point scale? I'm just starting and haven't played fantasy since 7th edition so I'm not sure how fragile or potent it really is.

I like the regeneration on the vampires and I love the Coven Throne's ability to beguile units to deny my opponent options. She wont do a lot of damage but that is hopefully what the Blood Knights and the Vampire Lord is for.

The Vargheists are for flanking and intercepting other flying units and hunting shooting units and the Knight go be knights. A couple people have mentioned that a Zombie Dragon Vampire is far more damaging over the coven throne but I kind of like the throne model more then the zombie dragon. I also like the idea of a king and queen leading their knights into battle.

What do you guys think?

Heroes

Coven Throne (260)

Vampire Lord (140)
- Flying Horror

Blood Knights x 5 (260)

Blood Knights x 5 (260)

Blood Knights x 5 (260)

Vargheists x 3 (160)

Vargheists x 3 (160)
>>
>>48756293
Not really.
>>
File: 00c.png (24KB, 625x626px)
00c.png
24KB, 625x626px
>>48756199
You missed the "pointsruinedthegamefuck40kids" argument. That was 2 days ago...
>>
>>48756338
Mannfred-kun

Arkan-senpai

Neffy-chan

Nagash-sama-desu

They are all very interesting.
>>
>>48755434
I'll be fluffing my newly-salvaged bretonnians as led by Bertrand, Duke of the White Marches in Hysh, (seeing as it still has standing bastions of Order) around 1500 pts of brets and accompanied by a Luminark (of Hysh) and his friendly rival the Griffon Knight ( converted empire lord on griffon) or his demigryph followers with a few crossbowmen for a 2000 pt force.
>>
>>48756356
What makes them more interesting than other characters?
>>
>>48756302
Normally I hate spammed units but goddamn that army would look amazing all painted and put on the table.

Its very short on models and objective missions will be hard for you but I think careful planning could negate that problem. The Coventhrone is also cool. The Zombie IS probably better but I like your angle with her as disruption.
>>
>>48756477
They have a ton of character development from previous books and novels so it's easy to relate to them. Also the way all three of them interact with each other. They are one big dysfunctional family.
>>
>>48756302

Make sure to get Dragon Princes and paint them red instead of buying blood Knights, you'll spend literally a third as much and they still look the part.
>>
>>48756302
>>48756559
And maybe some third-party vamp or long-haired heads so you can see they're not elves. Try spellcrow's not-spacewolf long hair heads or puppetwar vampire heads.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>48756559
>>
File: ConfusedDwarf.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ConfusedDwarf.png
6KB, 225x225px
Anyone know how many points Dispossessed Dragon Slayers are? Considering getting back into Warhammer and want to know what I've got on hand without spending $25, but can't seem to find that one model's point value anywhere.
>>
>>48756493
>>48756559
>>48756622
>>48756687

Thanks guys for the help, I assume your talking about the High Elf Dragon knights right? Because they look perfect with the recolor and the head swaps. Thanks!
>>
>>48757053

Either an Unforged or a Doomseeker. Could also use him as any Fyreslayer hero reasonably
>>
>>48757215
Yeah, but the Dragon Slayer has a warscroll, so I figured they'd be included in the new points sytem. Are they not?
>>
>>48757232

They don't any more and they have no points cost. Sorry m80
>>
>>48757053
A Slayer unit (5 slayers) is 60 points That is the only slayer that is pointed. I would suggest Fyreslayers
>>
>>48757278

The dispossessed slayer hero is now called an Unforged and yeah, any fyreslayer hero could reasonably be represented by a dragonslayer model
>>
>>48757278
>>48757267
Aight, thanks! He was a bashed Unforged anyway, so I guess he'll just have to return to his roots.
>>
So I was reading the Fatesworn Warband, the Tzeentch one from the everchosen book and had a few questions.

First off this one is pretty powerful. Anything with a rend- becomes Rend 1. Also if I drop deploy guys in multiples of 9 they get 6+ saves on top of their normal saves.

But the big question is that Heroes in the army may attempt to cast Arcane bolt in the hero phase as if they were wizards. Wizards are allowed to cast it twice, once through the power of tzeentch and once as normal.

Is that relatively useless with the 1st rule of one or does the warscroll override that rule for me and give each hero a chance to cast it?

I vaguely remember a conversation about how a unit can break the 1st rule through the wordings of their abilities.

I'm not looking to go overboard or WAAC but if it works like advertised I would defiantly be interested in making 3-4 of my Tzeentch units be heroes for the formation if this was the case so really the answer would effect my army composition.

Anyone happen to know how these interact? I currently think Rule 1 works and it would just give the OPTION to cast it from my heroes but if not I would be interested in hearing the rules interactions here.
>>
>>48757117

I like the cast of Gamezone miniatures myself. These guys look fucking ace, though a bit to grimdark for AoS perhaps. Still expensive as shit, but not quite GW expensive.
>>
>>48757598

*forgot pic
>>
>>48757598
>>48757612
Can confirm, godtier models right there...
>>
DUDE I HAVE THIS RING THAT MAKES ME INVINCIBLE

DUDE LOST MY RING LOL

>and then vlad was kill
>>
>>48756199
Points fucking SAVED AoS, if it wasn't for the general's handbook hald the people playing it now wouldn't even be here.

If some guy is acting like a shit head because he thinks he can get away with that shit just ban him.
If he truly understands what he did wrong he'll come back and apologise.
>>
>>48757661

Yea I bought some for my vampire Mordheim team, and they really deliver. I'm not a fan of the metal models, but anything beats shitcast.

So if your looking for a true centerpiece unit to really shine on the battlefield, this is the way to go I think.
>>
File: image.png (8KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 283x178px
>>48757612

>those not bretonnians

Oh my god what have I been missing
>>
are any of the shattered domain bases worth the purchase?
>>
>>48757496
As I recall, rules that explicitly allow you to use something several times like Kroak or this very Battalion override the first rule of One.
So each Hero tosses out 1 Arcane Bolt and after that you may cast it once.

The Battalion isn't particularly overpowered, thanks to its massive requirements and 100 point price tag. Just use two or three units of 9 Marauders each. And do avoid Chosen and greatweapon Chaos Warriors as the bonus Rend is wasted on them. The real challenge with the Fatesworn Warband is to fit it into a list as it's big and it's 1080 points at absolute minimum.
>>
>>48757796
>rules that explicitly allow you to use something several times like Kroak

FAQ say no.
>>
>>48756199

Well, I feel >>48757743 produces a point, the Points really was needed in AoS, and has brought back a lot of players who has been hesitant to the game before.

But You also make a point, yet being a bit extreme. With points, comes the return of "focus on the game" aspect as I like to call it. Now with the newly arrived players, we also get some of the trash, the guys who only looks at rules, the guys only playing netlists, and the guys who only play grey armies and never paints (or enjoy any other aspect of the hobby for that matter), and of course, the guys who insists on bringing the proxy army.

But ether way, just follow this rule, do what feels best for you. If you don't want to play a guy with proxy, then don't play him. Its that simple. If you don't want to play a guy who brings a just bought 2k of unpainted grey mass to the table, then don't. If you think its cheating to cross over the agreed points limit (even though its stated in the official example of the Generals handbook), then there is one less game to worry about.

The bottom line being, its all up to what you and your friends agree upon. Hopefully you have a good solid AoS community, that can set the phase of the new players.
>>
>>48757775
Do you like the look? If so, then yes, they are worth it. All your basing work can be done with just some grey primer and a dry-brush or two and there's quite a bunch of bases in those boxes.
If you want a completely different base design, then obviously these bases will not make you happy.

>>48757743
Damn but you're a broken record, m8.
>>
you know, as a lizard player I liked the square bases better, they slanted angles had that sort of pyramid segment look, could integrate really well with the right paints
>>
>>48757824
Where is the FAQ, I was trying to find it but haven't been able too...
>>
>>48757883
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata?utm_campaign=AoSFAQ&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&_requestid=3277990
>>
>>48757775

Well, if you insist on having pre-made bases I think it sounds like a pretty solid deal, you get 70 Bases of varied size for $33.
Compare this to the insane price of some of the pre-made base companies like micro art studios have (sure, you can really pick and chose form a variety of bases but still), you get 5 small bases for 4.95 Euro, thats 5 fucking bases. So you get like 30 bases from that company, in comparison to GW.
>>
>>48757496
>>48757796
>>48757824
>>48757912

Ok the FAQ specifically answers my question, thanks guys! More normal units it is then!
>>
>>48757938
well its mostly because I'm a couple bases short for a couple conversions, but if I'm buying bases I'd rather they be nice ones
>>
>>48757983

Its better you buy bases that fits the theme of your entire force than buying a few cool bases. This will break the look of a solid army, looking like several forces. Or in a worst case scenario, like it has some odd-individuals that doesn't belong in the army.

I say, go base all of them on the Shattered dominion set, or none at all, but thats just my take on it. Hell, Ill re-base my full army once I get a Shattered Dominion table painted and ready.
>>
>>48751809
I'd say the rider's head needs more head, ehehhehe, looks sweet anon. good work
>>
>>48757232
They've changed the name. Update your app. They're the Unforged, under Disposessed. They are 100 pts each.
>>
How much pts for this Battalion?

something between 140 and 180?

+1 Wound for everyone is quite strong but it's an elite army so they have to make up for their numbers, I like Great Weapons on them for the looks and the 3 damage.
>>
>>48758247
It doesn't have a point value
>>
I need a cool model to paint for my Chaos so help me decide tg...

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear because manly as fuck for my Bloodbound?

OR

Gaunt Summoner on a disk for my Everchosen army?

Sell me on which one to paint, I legitamently like both of these models and really enjoy their ascetics, I just have 30-40 bucks for my hobby budget and just finished the Varanguard I got a couple of weeks ago already.
>>
>>48754207
The Terradons threw the first rocks.
>>
>>48758067
is re basing as big a pain as I've heard? if it is and I DO get them, I might reserve them for heroes and commanders
>>
>>48758474
Duh. That's why I'm asking.
>>
>>48758744
That is the point, it doesn't have points. GW have said that not all battalions have points, like the getting started box battalions and certain others. That battalion isn't matched play legal, which is a shame because my Bloodbound would have LOVED THAT SHIT.
>>
>>48758506
Deathbringer is easier to paint but Gaunt Summoner will probably help your Everchosen army much more. How do you run them btw?

Interested in them myself and thought about going with a Chaos Sorc, the 2 Gaunt Summoners, Knights and Varanguard. Archaon only in 2k+ games.
>>
>>48758800
Yes. But think of it this way: Not being able to use the Bloodscorch Bulltribe is the price you have to pay not to get obliterated turn one by the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts. And that's one price I am quite willing to pay.
>>
File: image.jpg (346KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>48759158
Order gets to keep all three cities. Gods damnit.
>>
Is there a new thread or is this one just slow af
>>
>>48759158
well, this is insanely good for chaos.
one unit with a fixed +1 to hit is BIG. since a lot of chaos models triggers abilities on 6's.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 678x960px
>>48759158

>yet another way to give stormfiends with shockfists a +1 to hit
>>
>>48759446
Oh noez, a rule that will stay in effect for three goddamn days, whatever shall we do?
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 640x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 640x394px
Master Moulder here

Moulder 1k

>Throt the unclean (general)
>3 packmasters
>6 stormfiends with shock gauntlets and armor (they have the Moulder keyword)
>12 giant rats
>12 giant rats

Storm fiends now hit on 2+. Add another d6 hits on 2+ to hit. Throt makes them pile in and attack attack again. Max of 336 attacks with 3+ to wound and -2 rend, each dealing 2 damage. Storm fiends now add 6" to run and charge rolls (max run is now 24"). Each has 7 wounds. Stormfiends make a wall in front of packmasters. 1 unit of giant rats on each side to protect packmasters. Nothing flees due to packmasters exponentially increasing bravery by 2^4 (B=b[2^4]).

I could switch the rats for clanrats and take the tasty chaos treats, but the clanrats can flee and the chaos buffs won't do Koch more for me than I already have.

Fuck off Skryre and Pestilens, Moulder master race.
>>
File: image.jpg (259KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259KB, 960x960px
>>
File: image.gif (370KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
370KB, 480x270px
>>48759902

Take 10 handgunners for each and every stormfiend I see on the field
>>
>>48759961
Well, first off you get the tasty Chaos stuff regardless, we've been over this a while back. Army selection allegiance and ability selection allegiance are two different things. Yes, I do know that's stupid.
Second, the way the Packmasters' Bravery doubling is worded, you don't increase Bravery exponentially, you double it once ("any Moulder unit within 6" of any Packmaster", so it doesn't matter how many Packmasters you're within 6" of).
And third, since the Stormfiend box comes with only one of each weapon, you'd need to buy six boxes of Stormfiends to give them 6 Shock Gauntlets.
>>
>>48760055
Seems fair. I still don't get why people complain about those campaign rules. Oh no, for three days some entirely optional special rules are in use! The one that pissed me off the most was the very first, a special Khornate artifact. I prefer to model my artifacts, but why should I build a model specifically for that artifact if 48 hours after the artifact has been released it doesn't exist anymore?
>>
>>48760084
>buy six boxes

Honestly, the guys at my store don't care. As long as I have stormfiend models, I can say they're armed with whatever I like (though after I run this, they may change minds). On another note, are wolf rats battleline?
>>
File: 9493345 (2).png (1MB, 524x1484px) Image search: [Google]
9493345 (2).png
1MB, 524x1484px
>>48759961

What did you say you fucking Tech-heretic flesh-craft faggot

Your memefist gauntlets will bring their own demise, you shall drown in Monks, mortal wounds, and your Packmasters shall be gutted like dogs and their corpses hung from the tallest Furnace.

nice list tho m8, Be sure to kill some Stormcast. we are the true lords of lightning
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x712px
>>48759961

>Otto
>get the guns
>>
>>48759996
Woo gorgeous Fimir Hero
>Forgeworld
Nah thanks poisonous bullshit resin not my thing
>Warhammer World exclusive at first
Yeah, just go fuck yourself sideways
>>
>>48760129

Because it's just a bonus artifact on top of what you already have
>>
>>48760188

Are you really mad that you have to wait four days to order it while people who visit in person can get it first?
>>
File: image.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>greatswords are just flat out better Hammerers

Now is the age of man
>>
>>48760298
No, I'm mad about Warhammer World exclusive shit in general, even if it only stays exclusive for a couple days. I mean, there's an entire fucking Realmgate Wars book that's Warhammer World-exclusive (granted, it's comparatively tiny but still). I mean sure, you miss out on cool exclusive minis unless you go there, okay fine. Well not fine, but they need to give you some incentive to go there, so I can understand that. But locking you out of parts of the ongoing story because you can't just go to their headquarters on a whim is not okay.

And this "get the new Forgeworld shit here first" thing is just more of the same.
>>
>>48760537

The permanently exclusive stuff sucks granted, but getting upset that it's available at the place they make it for single digit days before its up for order online?

You need different priorities if that makes you angry
>>
>>48760537
It's not really that much of a big deal, Anon. Do you have to read every piece of lore ever put out there?
>>
>>48760537
There's an ongoing story?
>>
>>48760625
Well let me put it this way: I live in Germany. If I order shit from Forgeworld, I pay a flat 10% extra for the delivery, no matter how much I buy, which gets kinda really fucking expensive really fast, especially when it comes on top of Forgeworld's bullshit prices. So ordering is kinda out of the question. But just going there is kinda out of the question as well.

But it isn't like this makes me angry or anything. Thanks to the Brexit I saved such an incredible amount of money buying my Sylvaneth army that I can kinda forgive GW for quite a bit right now.
>>
>>48760640
Well, the exclusive book in question, Ironwarp Citadel, takes place during Balance of Power, imo the best of the Realmgate Wars books, both from a story perspective and from a "wow these Battleplans are fun as fuck" perspective, so a book looking at some of these events in detail is actually pretty interesting.

>>48760679
I'll assume you're just clueless and not a troll. Yes, there is. WHFB players whined so incessantly about their story not progressing that GW decided to contiunously advance AoS' main storyline from the start. The periodically released big books advance the story every time, introducing new factions and new conflicts.
>>
>>48760732

What does 10% tariff have to do with not being able to order for 4 days?
>>
>>48760878
Nothing at all. The four day delay is just yet another annoyance.
>>
>>48760937

Who cares? They're toys
>>
>>48760389
howso ?
hammerers ignore -1 rend, always have a 3+3+ and don't take battleshock within 16 inch of a hero
they're a lot more survivable and they've got better bravery
granted not sure if that's worth the extra 40 points
>>
>>48761085
nevermind they don't ignore -1 rend
>>
>>48761102
>>48761085

Counter charge and enormous potential for buffs. Also yeah as you said, 20% cheaper
>>
Hey, me again. I'm going to play my first game of AOS tomorrow, but I was wondering if I could have some strategy help. I know I need to get the first charge in, but I'm not sure how to. Also, general pestilens strategy? My list is

>plague furnace (with chaos talisman to stay alive)
>30 plague monks
>30 plague monks
>congregation of filth
>plague priest (general with lord of war and crown of conquest)
>plague claw (gonna replace next week)

I dont need to take battle shock tests because of crown. Thanks to priest, chaos reigns, and lord of war, I'm always hitting and wounding on 3+ with rerolled hits, extra attacks on the charge, and -1 rend on 5 and 6. My opponents play flesh eaters and gutbuster (this guy uses lead belchers and a tyrant as his army). Which furnace buff should I use, and how do I get the first charge?
>>
>>48761134
eh i feel like the hammerers have a better potential for buffs since you can stack command abilities with the long beards
i rarely get to use the stand and fight ability on my greatswords as they usually demolish everything i send them at in melee
>>
>>48761220

Remember, stand and fight doesn't stop you from counter charging into pile in range.

Get that sweet, sweet 2+/2+
>>
Hey general looking to start playing age of sigmar as my first tabletop war game.

>Don't know which army to collect out of the ones I like.
>Don't know what changed in the lore outside of the warhammer fantasy world I loved turned into essentially a world of power metal.

Where do I even start in this hobby you guys?
>>
What should I use bloodknights for? I'm assuming just slam them into big monsters and try and destroy them with the charge buffs.
>>
>>48761497

Find the models you like and read their fluff. If you like them, go with that.
>>
>>48761497
Go to your local geedubs and ask for a trial game I guess, and maybe have a look at the playstyles of a load of armies to see which is best for you out of the ones you like.
>>
>>48761514

So buy a battletome and go from there?
>>
>>48761172
>AOS general providing help
>>
100 points ogre

tyrant 160
-gutgorger
-bellowing tyrant
-battle brew

butcher 140
-tenderizer
-cauldron

6 ogors 240
6 leadbelchers 320
6 ironguts 440
40 gnoblars 200

1500 points
>>
>>48761522

Nearest geedubs is four hours away sadly.
>>
>>48761531

Actually just go to the link in the OP and find the battletomes there for free. Give them a skim, see who looks cool. Also the GW site has all the factions available and some fluff blurbs. Better than nothing and has pictures
>>
>>48756205
Same, or a kind of post apocalyptic old world.
>>
>>48761751
Mad max style
>>
Should I run deathlance or sword on a zombie dragon vamp?
>>
>>48761646
Do you have an LGS? Chances are there's at least a couple of knowledgeable people there. Also you can tell us what armies you're interested in and we can help you out as long as you're Order, otherwise you'll get a lot of shitposting.
>>
Does square bases work for AoS? I got a lot of old models, would anyone complain about squares in a game or does it not matter?
>>
>>48762020
Fine at my store. We're cool with squares
>>
>>48762020

I think I'm the only guy who runs all circle bases in my entire store and that's because I play Stormcast

So I think you're fine
>>
>>48761502
I heard they are good in pairs. Charge, then retreat to let then recover and allow the 2nd unit to charge pinning the target in place. Horrendous damage and shouldn't suffer much attrition due to the regen they get.
>>
>>48760846
Well, I can't say that I'm thrilled about there being a plot because I wont have time or enough interest to keep up with the god drama.
>>
>>48760537
Nigga, I own the Ironwarp Citadel book. It takes place during the last push from the Fyreslayers and Stormcast to strike the rune of binding on Ignax, that's it. The time of War table is just the Ashlands one from Godbeasts.
>>
>>48760846
It takes place during Godbeasts. The three battle plans are pretty standard.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 1024x513px)
image.jpg
188KB, 1024x513px
>>48762154
Here's the first scenario.
>>
File: last days.jpg (67KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
last days.jpg
67KB, 480x480px
Last days, lads. I think they'll be changing things for the next campaign. I think they should, and this is from an Order player.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 736x988px
>>48762533

Can't stop Won't stop
>>
File: 1464205956752.png (82KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
1464205956752.png
82KB, 750x835px
>>48762533
>only played against death and chaos
>local order players are just dick kicking newbs and reporting those results

I hope that's not the case everywhere but it's fucking sad.
>>
>>48763444
Luckily my store only has one order player, whom we just love to kick around
>>
>>48763444
My store has been swamped by chaos rats and archaons. I play skelezone and HE, couple of seraphon players and some stormcasts are all I know from order except me. Several ironjawz and just now a couple of beastriders too.
>>
File: 1464300583049.jpg (147KB, 902x648px)
1464300583049.jpg
147KB, 902x648px
>>48763651
>order begins with several good factions
>chaos has no excuses
>destruction got two of their armies new tomes well after the event started
>death never fucking ever
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.