[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Hats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (18KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 420x315px
So /tg/, lets share some stories and creativity.
Players and dms.
I want, and offer, villains.
All shapes, sizes, types and motives. Ones you have used before, ones you plan to use or even one deployed against you
Let me throw a few out to start it off!

Nig'dara the lich.
Is on a hiatus from his Evil Plan, relaxing by terrorising city (the plot hook).
Is actually just mucking about on sokething he calls a "skateboard" and embarrassing the local guard and paladin order. Leaves magical graffiti in conspicuous locations and mocks relentlessly. More of an nuissance than threat, escapes trouble since fighting bores him.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (17KB, 449x328px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
17KB, 449x328px
>>48748023
No.2
This one from a dnd i was running a while ago.

Epic level fighter that simply refused to die.
Was originally LG, but when killed decided his task was not yet finished, fought his way out of his eternal reward and has begun subjugating the kingdoms for some unknown end.
Good luck keeping him down.
>>
>>48748023
And a third, others will have to wait until later, work calls.
Another dnd camp.
One of the players.
Was a magic low setting.
Secretly 40k feral world.
One of the players sold his soul to a waifu slaneeshi daemonette in exchange for magic powah.
Of course he didnt realise it at the time, but the daemonette never lied to him, he just didnt ask about the details of "pledging himself to the Prince", just signed the metaphysical line so fast i had to scramble to keep up.
Shame it fell apart.
Another was using a daemonweapon of tzeentch and buying into the hallucinations telling him he was the "true heir to the throne", and urging him to "retake his rightful place" and shit.
The way it was going it was going to end up a daemonworld by incompetance rather than design.
Would have been fun when the sword wielding one shanked the inquisitor/regent by the daemon he was letting puppet him though.
"Wait cant i fight it?"
>he asked for control and you gave it m8 kek
>>
>>48748023

I could see the lich being interesting for a lighthearted start for low-level characters. You really want to pay attention to lich lore though in terms of "more nuissance than a threat"
>>
File: bbeg.jpg (58KB, 672x960px) Image search: [Google]
bbeg.jpg
58KB, 672x960px
Forever DM, every campaign I've created is part of the same setting and I let history write itself.

>bbeg is a normal human named Jubal
>Invented Necromancy and was born a literal genius
>My setting is the old 'magic is kinda science sorta' trope
>Found a way to become immortal
>If I were to stat him he'd be near the top of the epic tables
>Isn't inherently evil, just apathetic and power hungry
>Is never really a main villain but rather the root cause of almost every plot the PCs participate in
>Is the king of the entire world in most story arcs; his immortality is not a secret
>Ended a divine apocalype
>Killed most of the gods
>Is immortal because he enslaved the deity of death
>Pic related
>>
>>48748023
For superhero campaigns.

Supervillain name is Prophet. It *appears* that his superpower is teleportation: able to move from place to place instantly, as well as to teleport objects into his hand, always seeming to be the exact thing he needs to solve whatever problem is in front of him. He uses his teleportation power to keep tabs on people and has a staggering amount of information on them. He also seems to be an expert martial artist.

In fact, his superpower is that he lives every moment of his life simultaneously. He isn't teleporting, he's just taking a different route and moving in different ways. He isn't teleporting objects into his hand, he's just remembering to pick them up and bring them with him. And he isn't teleporting after people to keep tabs on them, he's just using future knowledge.

Prophet's goals can be pretty much anything you want. He works best when the characters encounter him relatively young in his life, around 15 or 16 - a point where he faces practical limits on the resources he can acquire (i.e., an 16-year-old kid probably can't easily get his hands on a tank or bazooka). Despite his appearance, though, he *is* functionally an old man with a lot of experience but a healthy body.
>>
>>48748709
I'm a forever dm who does the same thing you do anon.

>players (same group I usually play with) start on a new continent discovered.
>civilization is growing here and old ally countries from previous campaigns.
>players rush to gather sacred power from the islands old shrines to prevent a demon lord from raising his master.
>demon lord is specialized in speed and reanimation by tearing souls from the other world and corrupting them to serve him while they keep their own emotions and can speak how they please.
>many campaigns ago the players fought a powerful psychic who was on that epic level. They couldn't kill him but they convinced him that his "good" plans for the world would really harm it more then help it.
> that psychic ends up killing himself after halting his plans (btw this campaign was mostly a negotiation and talking one)
> back in current campaign the demon lord raises and tries to corrupt the old psychic from many years ago to use his powers to resurrect a demon king(god)
>players all get Super excited hearing the psychics name brought up again, they loved that character.
> players ask about the psychic being able to do rolls to resist the control since he's powerful.
>laugh and agree.... I roll two 20's in a row for the psychic resisting and maintaining form.
>Players flip their shit with happiness
>mentions that he still needs to resist the corruption
>rolls a 1 on the resist.
>players get spooked. A brand new (old?) bbeg entered the world. Players are currently working with the demon lord to take down this free willed but evil reanimated psychic master.
My story went way off course with so many new hooks but the players absolutely love it and so do I.

Long winded but I just wanted to share my best experiences with a one world multiple campaigns experience.
>>
>>48748517
OP here, don't have long.
More nuissance by choice. He IS an ancient lich of the epic flavour.
Just bored and looking for kicks.

Loving the rest so far /tg/!
Ill add another when i get home
>>
>>48749728
Ok, home now so ill drop another.
Only war campaign.
Everyone is the villain.
Commisar npc is an ork warboss.
The driver picked mind wipe background. Guess whos an ][ agent unknowingly on mission?
One player working with tau.
One player working with eldar.
One player unknowingly advancing the CSM agenda.
Stealers made an appearance too, and a large figure in power armour (unmarked) legged it after claiming to be a dead traitor primarch.
Oh and everyone in the squad is either tainted by heresy, technoheresy or association with someone who is tainted by one.
Or both.
God damn its like they are trying to shoot themselves in the crotch.
Anyone curious about one of these in particular?
>>
>>48750440
Reminds me of my terrorist mission.
>Players forced to infiltrate and take down a secret terrorist cell.
>Decides to start a giant speech against the king to ensure terrorist support.
>works to well. Terrorist move up in arms and begin a full out attack in the city streets.
>well at least we know who the terrorists are now.

Super fun. The whole players accidently furthering agendas reminded me of this. I'd like to here your story with that.
>>
>>48750484
Sounds top kek.
Please, also share yours.

>PC's have just crashed a super heavy (baneblade variant) and chimera into a flying Manta pursuing alleged Primarch on commisar's orders
>Commisar was driving the superheavy right behind them so they decided almost certain doom is better than total certainty
>manta is unsuprisingly damaged
>firefight/duel on the bridge is not helping
>pieces of manta rain down, including squad
>one player notices falling ethereal
>holds onto him to save his life
>ethereal starts thanking him, player lets go just before deploying grav chute
>party yucks for a bit then starts scavenging, made (correct) assumption that they aint in kansas anymore.
>when one player is examining escape pod, contents unknown (fire caste head's daughteru), orcs attack
>from her POV, he valiantly fights them off singlehanded to save her life (cant see the others from there)
>im kek'n like mad. This will come back.
>they skedoodle as they see tau skimmers coming in
>meet new PC, grox merchant and member of resistance cell.
>Has pet Grox called daisy he rides. also confirms now on another world. damn warp travel.
>he takes em back to his public residence in the hills, gets a check on em going, and goes to town to flog the herd, pc's tag along.
>unknown to them tau are looking for the "brave gues've" or w/e they call hoomans.
>they get scanned by town patrol, standard shit.
>one person raises flags and gets dragged off. You can guess where this is going ahuehuehue

1/?
>>
>>48748023
Alright, here we go. Some spoilers for my campaign, but he's cliche enough to fit anywhere.

>Scourge, the chain devil warlord
>Used to be a mortal man, was betrayed by a warlock ally who left him to die on another plane
>Life was spared in return for his service to a devil, he was married with twins on the way at the time
>Fights this war on the devil's command
>Ends up killing enemy king
>Dick ass wizard kills his wife in exchange for the favor of a CE goddess
>Scourge is at this point heavily injured, ends up being killed/banished to Hell by a Dwarven paladin who was a former ally of the wizard
>Wizard ends up in Hell, dwarf is now a martyr and up to be ressurected
>Scourge's wife turns into a devil too to protect their twins, who are raised as mortals outside of their parents' influence in exchange for their mother's service
>Pissed that his wife has to suffer too, he tortures dick ass wizard and eventually seals said wizard in a magic bracelet that can cast fire spells (the wizard was big on fire)
>Sent with his wife to the Feywild to wage war on the Unseelie court
>Wife (who is genuinely faithful to the point of obsession) somehow bears him a son, who grows up a true devil in the Feywild
>Trains son to succeed him, eventually stakes a hold in the Feywild as a devilish lord
>Son is dutiful to him but wants to get revenge on the warlock that wronged his father and claim his father's former mortal titles for his own (he can serve as a lesser enemy to bug the party and generally be a scheming little cunt)
>Scourge bides his time and gathers general support and strength, takes the time to enjoy his victory while pondering if it was all really worth it
>>
>>48748709
Hopefully this is only because of the way you presented it here, but from this at least this character sounds kind of cringeworthy. It reads as either a painful self-insert or a middle-schooler trying to make the coolest guy he can. Hopefully it's not like that at all, but that's how it comes off here, most especially since he's king of the whole world and always the power behind the BBEG.
>>
>>48750629
2/?
>so as the other pc's plot a jailbreak, he gets pampered and a fantastic meal, meats a xeno girl who thanks him for something he doesnt remember, but he plays along because those xenos guns are hueg. or maybe he wanted a xeno waifu, idk
>weird xeno servo-skull pointing something at him as he says the pretty words
>he is on live broadcast planet wide, to show the resistance how working together for the greater good is top stuff
>rest of squad is facepalming hard.
>when he leaves the media event with her number, he heads into the slums looking for a human contact to reunite him with friends.
>gets jumped by humans hating on the filthy heretic traitor
>getting the shit kicked out of him when squad runs into it
>they watch for a while, while he is getting the old "boot to the cowering fetal heretic" treatment, before stepping in.
>bail him out, yadda yadda then heading back to mountain hideout. local confirmed their ID, leads em to someone in charge.
>it's the commisar, who has been watching the most fascinating xeno propaganda show, donchano?
>the guilty party is cuffed already, gets put on his knees and an infernopistol to his forehead.
>is blubbering about "infiltrating xenos to gain valuable intel (he did), and anything he thinks will save his life.
>ooc begging me to spare him
Decided to throw him a bone.
>Commisar asks him what the intel was.
"I forgot....."
Didn't even write down major plot info only he knew.
>"You hear the pistol start to hum, growing louder and vibrating against your skin"
begging me harder now, says he forgot, not his char e.c.t.
>let him roll it, int is his best. warn him it may not save him.
>he gets it and tells commisar.
>tell him Commisar is looking into his eyes, searching for anything worth redeeming. tell him to roll fellowship.
his dump stat
>player real upset now, still begging me OOC
don't care, roll. tell him Commisar is making opposed roll.
he fails by 3 degrees, a massive amount.
roll for commisar in secret....
>>
>>48750687

>always the power behind the BBEG.

...but anon describe him as the BBEG...
>>
>>48750683
"Father, help me in my hour of need, LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUelB-OSneY

>you know you want to

>>48750687
eh it could be done well, just depends on how much edge we are talking.

now...
3/?
>>48750762
now im a firm believer in the paranoia school of DMing, that being, roll dice, pretend to look at things and pick whatever sounds most fun.
but this player has always been pushing the boundaries..
>tell him commisar pulls the gun up and orders him set loose, but informs him that one more foot out of line and the emperor's mercy shall go forth into the back of his skull. OOC tell him that everything he does is being asesed, and if he ever displays anything other than imperial qualities he will be shot with no warning.
>pc blubbering thanks and platitudes e.c.t.

>go back to rebel camp, commisar has taken charge and begins planning.
> begins sprouting horseshit about the emperor guiding their every move and his will being made manifest, so on
>has his techpriest butler hand his tarot deck (made with "genuine ashes" from some of sanguinus' feathers, and blessed by him too, honest)
>throws them into the air, ala 52 pickup.
>one player secretely psyker (damn right not telling anyone), uses his power to sense what commisar is doing
>absolutely nothing, its all bunk
>he does a song and dance and jabs his finger onto a nearby map, saying the emperor has provided them with everything they need there.
>party never found out, but he knew it was there before he even got to the planet what was it? a crashed rogue trader ship. well, "warp drive malfunction" crash, hence under mountain
>party shows up, goes to bridge, draws out and fights off genestealer swarm due to cunning combat and demolitions, a guardsmans' best friend.
>mfw they didnt lock the front door and some have snuck out to spread the taint, though they didnt find out.
>commisar takes something off RT corpse and palms it, this is new HQ.
>>
>>48750942
dis guy/op
gotta go do some shit, be back to finish it in an hour or so.
please, share some while im gone!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.