[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

What system would you use to run a game set in the world of Avatar? What kind of campaign would you run, if you were to do so?

My roommates just convinced me to watch it, and after finishing season one, I'm totally hooked.
>>
>>48739306
Depends what kind of game you want to run.

There's a pretty good mod for dungeon world, there's bender classes for 4e, I'll bet that there's a d20 mod for it. Are you thinking of cool story, or rad fites?
>>
>>48739306
I'd use 5e, but I'd use the Community Re-work of the path of the elements, which gives them more utility. After that You really just need to develop elemental archetypes for Barbarian, Rogue, Fighter, and Paladin, then you're pretty much set.
>>
>>48739326
I'm thinking probably something set right at the beginning of the Fire Nation's attacks, around the time the Avatar disappears. Going for the classic "our band of scrappy youngsters has to travel to the other side of the world to find the maguffin, but watch out for the Fire Nation!" type of deal.

I'd probably prefer a more cinematic/flexible system, rather than a rigid/crunchy one, as I don't know if strict rules will really be able to capture the mood right.
>>
>>48739306
>season one

You mean The Last Airbender, or just the Book of Water?

Because if it´s just the Book of Water, it only gets better from here on.

>>48739483
>I'd probably prefer a more cinematic/flexible system, rather than a rigid/crunchy one, as I don't know if strict rules will really be able to capture the mood right.

Here´s something for you. Never tried it, though. It might be what >>48739326 is talking about.
>>
>>48739306

Legends of the Wulin is a nice fit. Just have to switch the element system from 5 to 4.
>>
File: Avatar World.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1B, 486x500px
>>48739593
Wrong order, but yeah, that too.

Here´s the actual book I wanted to link.
>>
>>48739606
I'll check it out, thanks!
>>48739593
>>48739613
I'd never thought of it, but using a Dungeon world hack sounds like ti might just be perfect, I'll give it a read over.
>>
>>48739649
Thats actually an old version- the writer of that went on to make a kickstarter for a new version that just came out called legend of the elements

http://legendoftheelements.com/
>>
>>48739613
>>48739593
There's a more recent version of this that files the Avatar serial numbers off for the sake of pursuing actual publication. It might be worth digging up, since I don't know whether or not it includes any revised mechanics.That version also has some pre-genned scenarios to play.
>>
>>48739694
Do you have a copy, or can anyone expand on PbtA as a system?
>>
Strike! has an "Avatar with the numbers filed off" mini setting adaptation, so it definitely could be used for it.

The out of combat system is PbtA lite (with some burning wheel thrown in), the combat system is grid based tactical style, so if those sound fun to you, you could give it a shot.
>>
>>48739649
>Dungeon world hack
No, bad Anon. Bad.

Apocalypse World is the base for both Avatar World and Dungeon World (and a bunch of other games too). While this seems like a minor thing, it's really important because DW kind of shit the bed; if you find a game that cites Dungeon World as its base, run, because a) they're likely going to copy all the shit of that system, and b) they likely only know of DW and are therefore probably very inexperienced with playing RPGs, let lone designing one. It's like how the K6BD/Broken World was originally explicitly based off of DW and as a result had a lot of shit; after getting pointed towards AW and other PbtA games, the system improved dramatically.
>>
>>48739306

Mutants & Masterminds
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.