[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people get mad that the Ultramarines are the best? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: ultramarines-2nd-ed-codex-back.jpg (17KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
ultramarines-2nd-ed-codex-back.jpg
17KB, 255x198px
Why do people get mad that the Ultramarines are the best?

It is their thing. Their niche. It is like the Space Wolves being wolfy. It's in their name.

And they have always been the best, since longer than many complainers have been alive.

I just don't get it, it's ancient, entrenched canon from the creators of the game! Like, Emperor on throne, Chaos bad, Ultramarines are the greatest chapter of them all. Does it really matter that much to people if a chapter is better than their favorites?
>>
File: 1454172276662.png (121KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
1454172276662.png
121KB, 553x585px
>>
>>48738822
See, this confuses me.

Is it trolling to point out that one of the creators of 40k wrote the first Space Marine Codex which explicitly states they are the greatest?
>>
File: 1454834614526.png (111KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1454834614526.png
111KB, 625x626px
>>48738856
>>
>>48738801
Hi Matt
>>
>>48738801
>They wrote the codex
>the codex states they are the greatest
Hmmmmm
>>
>>48738801

I never knew why the other loyalists would get so mad that Ultramarines are the best. It's not like they are doing poorly. They still do a great job. It's just that they aren't quite on the level of the Ultramarines.
>>
>>48738888
>the Ultramarines have power over even the employees of the company that owns their fictional IP
holy fuck smurfs2stronk
>>
File: soap.jpg (38KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
soap.jpg
38KB, 600x480px
Their primarch wrote the Codex Astartes. Should anyone be surprised that it came out making them look better than everyone else ?

Would you trust a soap made from any other chapter ?
>>
>>48738925

>I have never heard of the term unreliable narration and am literally retarded.
>>
>>48738931
CREEEEED!
>>
>>48738934
>even the blurb on the back cover was written by the musculous sons of Guilliman
Damn these Ultramarine tulpas!
>>
File: angrycron.jpg (105KB, 655x269px) Image search: [Google]
angrycron.jpg
105KB, 655x269px
It's the fact that they're said to be the best so in the fluff they can do no wrong.

Look at Damnos, The second company commanded by Sicarius got their shit handed to them but even then it was wrote as if they were winning despite getting BTFO off Damnos.

So there we have it, a loss for the Ultramarines, A time when they just weren't good enough and got the shit kicked out of them. So much that the story of their defeat was spread throughtout the galaxy and the general happiness of the Imperium dropped even more than the current level of suicidal and grey sunshine.

Would have been fine to leave it at that but nope... CAN'T HAVE THAT. The smurfs return and reclaim Damnos. In doing so they go against countless fluff facts and outright logic to win.

1 chapter against an entire tomb world which had 20 years to reclaim said world and Necron it the fuck up.
The lazy crons only used the old planetary defense guns that were left in place since before, none of their huge bullshit pylons. The very ones that took out warships in orbit in one shot.
Phase out and reanimation protocols ignored by sheer Ultrawank. Papa smurf picking up pylons to use as a weapon, tomb complexes being infilitrated by special snowflake marines and there wasn't a single scrab in the whole complex to spot them waltz right in and plant charges, it couldn't have been a important place but for some reason the big bad necron lord teleported there for a new body and there wasn't a single other Necron there.

FUCK ULTRAMARINES.
>>
>>48738822
Their efficacy unwitnessed by their own eyes.
>>
>>48738801
Is it that much of an accomplishment to be the best in a shitty setting like 40k?
>>
>>48739036
>robutthurt
>>
>>48739036
To be fair, it's not like practically any chapter that gets a novel pulls shit in the same vein.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.