[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefinder Thread! The Next Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 33

File: gamefinder.jpg (16KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
gamefinder.jpg
16KB, 241x209px
>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
>>
File: riot cop 2.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
riot cop 2.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Only War, Dark Heresy 1e and 2e, Black Crusade, WHFRP2e, and open to learning other systems

I also really want to learn Hunter the Vigil or something in relation to vampire and supernatural creature hunting that isn't cthulhu mythos.
EST everyday except sunday
Roll20 and voice on anything else.
I can still do PDF sheets and such if it's needed
>Contact Info
Scivir on Skype and Scivir#2720 on Discord
same for Steam too if you want.
>Additional Notes
I miss WHFRP2e so much, I want it so badly again because of how much fun I had with it as a system.
There's still GMs for it right?
But if I had to say for OW I want literally anything except "Void/Air Regiment" why does everyone GM I get matched up with do a Void or Air regiment for only war when Guardsmen are mostly known for Armor and Infantry.
Dark Heresy on the other hand I don't have any preferences for besides maybe being a commissar or a psyker but I don't really care I just want to have fun with something.
Black Crusade is stupidly fun if you mix and match human and space marine characters(but of course give the humans some extra on the side to balance it out) because of how bossy space marines can be.
I don't know why but I just want something where I can crush faces again.
As to what else I might know I know NWoD, DW, RT, D&D5e, D&D3.5e, and AD&D2e

I also prefer playing games over voice and I hope that I don't get a anti-social DM who invites people on GF threads and it turns out half the group is a clique, I just want some other fa/tg/uys to have fun with roleplaying in a game with and not take it way too seriously.
>>
>>48728439
>GM/Player
Player!
>System Preferred
Looking for Degenesis Rebirth.
Pacific, most days in the evening
Skype, Discord, text etc
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
God I wish more people knew about this game
>>
>GM/Player
Players
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
Evenings/Nights EST (GMT-4) around 8-9 PM, weekdays are good but Friday/Saturday is ideal
Skype, IRC, Roll20, Discord, you name it we play it, though we have a big preference towards text-only games!
>Contact Info
a_zombie_goast or IterationDrive on Skype
>Additional Notes
Looking for a Pathfinder campaign where we can submit a dual-application, we're Path of War friendly and generally open to anything and everything the DM might throw our way (we've got a preference for sandbox and more high-powered campaigns, though!)
>>
File: maximum pain.gif (2MB, 468x278px) Image search: [Google]
maximum pain.gif
2MB, 468x278px
>>48728616
Actually now that I think about it, I'd be fine with Deathwatch.
I take it back on putting it on a lower reccomendation.
>>
>>48728616

>I miss WHFRP2e so much, I want it so badly again because of how much fun I had with it as a system.

>There's still GMs for it right?

Yes, you.

If you love a game, you've gotta give back to it.

Nut the fuck up, start kicking around ideas, and plan a game.
>>
>>48729176
No offense to either you or the original poster, but some people just aren't suitable for GMing, and some of them know it. My friend gets neurotic breakdowns when he tries to GM. Not fun to play or witness.
>>
>>48729205
Am I your friend?
That sounds like me.
>>48729176
I'm going to be straight with you anon, I wish I could GM but I just can't I'm too shit at it and improvising because I'm always under some kind of roll of stress and I'm not in a position for it.
I'd love to Co-GM or help a GM write material or manage a game but I just can't do it myself because I get too stressed out managing everything.
>>
>>48728912
Are you okay with having a crossdressing kitsune shota trap GMPC?
>>
File: angry rise.png (41KB, 262x227px) Image search: [Google]
angry rise.png
41KB, 262x227px
>>48729205
>>48729230

Don't act very shocked when you can't find games for your favorite systems, then.

It takes a community to keep a game alive, and perma-players are the kinds of people who mostly take and rarely, if ever give back

>>48729231

>crossdressing kitsune shota trap

COLLEEEETTTTTEEEEEEE
>>
>>48729274
>COLLEEEETTTTTEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1393716875627.gif (3MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1393716875627.gif
3MB, 360x202px
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Sunday 9AM-2PM CDT
roll20 with Skype for voice
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
The campaign will not take place in the Marvel Universe, but on an alternate Earth where superheroes have been around since the turn of the 20th century. Join other superhumans and vigilantes on patrol and misadventures against mad scientists, archvillains, and all manner of bad guys.

MHRP rulebooks and cheatsheet available on request.
>>
>>48729274
I'm not denying it's not my own fault, but I wish I could run one without it being a absolute disaster because I always pre-plan everything because of my bad improv.
I still think it deserves to be a more popular system.
>>
>>48729366
Ditto me and Degenesis.
>>
File: 1425139676597.jpg (410KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1425139676597.jpg
410KB, 1100x1100px
>GM/Player
Player, Sadly
>System Preferred
Warhammer 40k (Dark Heresy/Only War/Rogue Trader), or AdEva. OR Magical Burst

I also enjoy adaptions (ex. XCOM using DH rules, Dragon Age using 4e), just depends on the pitch
Weekends are best bet, EST (-5 UTC)
Text preferred
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Been awhile since i've browsed these threads due to spending a year in schooling to get certifications. I'm done with that now, so I should have time I can take out for playing games.
>>
>GM/Player
GM (Posted by player on his behalf)
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
The game is 8pm EST on Wednesdays
Skype for coordination/shitpost socializing. roll20 for game. Text RP.
>Contact Info
anixtheory
>Additional Notes
Ongoing game. Players are currently level 6. We in the course of our travels got cursed and bound to serve on a ghost pirate ship (which actually just got destroyed). PCs have various different reactions to that state of affairs.
>>
>>48729231
We would probably be fine with that.
>>
File: North-Coast-Tom-Parker.jpg (673KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
North-Coast-Tom-Parker.jpg
673KB, 2448x2448px
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Unknown Armies 2nd edition. Though we won't be using the Madness Meters or any supernatural rules.
Weekends. PST (GMT-8)
Text only, either through Roll20 or Discord
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I've got a horror game set in Tolfino, British Columbia, during the 1993 Clayoquot protest. I like to run games that go heavy on the roleplaying and mystery side of things so if you're a fan of combat heavy games this won't be for you. But, if you do like those things, and you want to play as a bunch of schmucks in the 90s getting caught up in shit they never planned for, then feel free to email me.
>>
>>48728616
>There's still GMs for it right?
Yes, but you're half the world away and I seem to recall someone bitching about you.
Godspeed, though.
>>
>>48730111
Even if it's an ERP?
>>
>>48730674

Yes.
>>
File: Travis bell.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Travis bell.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
>>48730658
If it's at midnight I can make it, and all I remeber of people bitching about me in any of these threads was when one faggot tried to say that I was a furry who played Felinids in Dark Heresy
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47714430/#47774053
ala this guy, I don't think you know how much bad blood and shittalk typically goes in these threads because there are people who want to ensure someone who gives them minor inconveinces no chances of finding a game.
Atleast from what I know of some games that I found myself in that I had fun with people in.

I think what some people might've disliked about me is that occasionally I make gimmicky characters but not unoptimized ones, like my Bretonnian knight who found lances and shields boring and unworthy to his foes and instead he wrestled them and beat them with his bare hands.
I don't do it all the time but you know, I like to do it when it's fun for everyone and it's not horribly unoptimized.
>>
>>48730883

>shit forever player

>admits he has autism

>tries to rag on people who know his reputation

KYS my man
>>
File: 1457082693270.png (203KB, 700x591px) Image search: [Google]
1457082693270.png
203KB, 700x591px
>>48730972
>shit forever player
I've tried GMing and I'd rather help a gm than have a shitfest like that again
>admits he has autism
who doesn't, especially on /tg/
>tries to rag on people who know his reputation
Considering I've never played a felinid character or said I was a furry.
>KYS my man
thanks you too
>>
File: 1458836352931.png (425KB, 841x776px) Image search: [Google]
1458836352931.png
425KB, 841x776px
>>48730674
>>48729231

What are the details for this campaign? I'm the other interested player of that pair.
>>
>GM/Player
GM.

>Additional Notes
I'd like to run a short, one-shot game in my custom setting, in order to get a feel for the reaction people have to it. In addition, I'll be testing out Wushu, which is a very simple system for action-oriented games. The game will be similar to a shonen anime like One Piece or Dragon Ball Z, and there will be a lot of fighting and action. If you're into that, perhaps you'd be interested in the game. I do expect a heavy emphasis on roleplaying over mechanics, which is the primary reason I am using the Wushu system. If you are looking for a mechanics-heavy game, this one isn't for you.

>System
Wushu. You can get the rulebook for free online, although it's a very rules-light system; I can explain them to you easily if you'd like.

>Times Available
I am usually available starting at something like 1700 CST, staying awake until morning. Ideal for European players, but obviously anyone is welcome.

>Method of Play
Since Wushu is so rules-light, we will probably just use Discord with a dice bot.

>Contact Info
You can join the Discord server here if you would like to contact me: https://discord.gg/Rf4u5CT

You can also just reply to this post if you would like to ask questions before joining Discord.
>>
>>48733912

What is the setting like? What would the basic plot be like?
>>
>>48733912
>The game will be similar to a shonen anime like One Piece or Dragon Ball Z, and there will be a lot of fighting and action. If you're into that, perhaps you'd be interested in the game. I do expect a heavy emphasis on roleplaying over mechanics, which is the primary reason I am using the Wushu system.

>lots of fighting and action
>using what's essentially a freeform system

literally why
>>
>>48734099
so people can actually describe what they're doing without restriction? freeform, if you will? you must be clinically retarded there anon
>>
File: Freeform Combat.gif (878KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Combat.gif
878KB, 500x225px
>>48734099

>implying Freeform isn't the most shonen-like of fighting systems

"I attack!"

"I dodge and counterattack!"

"Yeah, well I have a secret power that defeats your weakness!"

"Yeah, but I have a secret power that defeats your weakness!"

Pic related.

I've got a long history of taking part in freeform games involving combat.

I rarely won a single encounter because I don't like outright negating people's attacks, and would prefer characters that would take hits(but had supernatural toughness so that I could at least deal with bullshit shonen techniques).

Kinda anticlimatic and bullshit. It's part of the reason why I left ERP in general.
>>
>>48734079
Here is a very basic overview of the setting pulled from my notes:

>You live on Alexandria, a supermassive Alderson disk surrounding the star Ra. Constructed millennia ago by an ancient pantheon known as the Authors, it is home to the mysterious pocket dimensions called STORYBOOKS. Inside each one is a unique world to explore, with its own rules, people, and places to discover. You might journey to an underwater city populated by dangerous aquatic creatures, or perhaps you might find an Author’s laboratory, filled with ancient secrets and technology.

>The four races of Alexandria - nomad, cattarac, konshin, and milus - work together to unravel the mystery of the storybooks and the Authors. The sprawling city of Serapeum, located in the Nile band, is the heart of Alexandrian civilization. From this central location, teams of explorers journey forth, hoping to find new storybooks, plundering the technology and information within. Grand airships circle overhead, and animal-drawn carriages regularly depart from the city limits.

As for the plot, it's something I'd either like to leave up to the players, since it's going to be a short one-shot, or I can simply throw you into the middle of something and have it get worked out during play. The setting is very flexible in this regard, and I have a few potential ideas for that situation.

>>48734099
I suppose you're worried about the players not actually wanting to lose or take hits? It's a real concern I have. That's one of the reasons I would like to test out the system first. I simply don't want players to feel restricted by having to fit their character into a set of rigid abilities laid out by the system. Perhaps it's too much freedom; that's what this game is for.
>>
>>48734159

It's just the height of childishness to enjoy action in freeform. The meaning and value of interaction with a system comes from the context surrounding it. If you like drama in a game, the enjoyment comes not from narrating drama, but from seeing how it affects individuals inside a game that has grounding in some sort of social context.

Likewise, if you like action in a game, you're going to want to interact with a system that's actually a... system, and not stuff people pull out of their ass, or alternatively you don't actually like the action per se as you like the drama *surrounding* the action, how it affects the characters involved and what it means for them.

If you enjoy what literally boils down to a form of conflict resolution, then the system that settles conflict resolution in your game is going to need to be fun to play with, or the game is not going to be very interesting.

Or you're literally just a manchild who enjoys typing descriptions of how your ninja uses his katanajitsu to teleport behind someone, I guess, but I'm trying to give you more credit than that.
>>
>>48734305

.......Wow, I'm the guy who shittalked freeform up there and even I think you're a pretentious asshole.
>>
>>48734317

>explaining your views = pretentious

Okay fampai
>>
File: HUBUxCB.jpg.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
HUBUxCB.jpg.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>48734305
>>
File: 1372767962144.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1372767962144.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>48734305
i know this is weird but you dont have to play this guy's game
>>
>>48734357

Well, yeah, and obviously I don't intend to, but that certainly won't stop me from commenting on it.
>>
File: 1459640300305.jpg (577KB, 960x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1459640300305.jpg
577KB, 960x1005px
>>GM/Player
Gamemaster

>>System Preferred
Runequest 6 or Song of Swords(Player vote)

>>Times Available (with timezone!)
Friday August 12th from 12:00pm to 7:00pm GMT -6:00(Central Standard Time),

Saturday August 13th from 5:00pm to 8:30pm GMT -6:00(Central Standard Time)

Sunday August 14th from 12:00pm to 7:00pm GMT -6:00(Central Standard Time)
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)

Roll20
>>Contact Info
[email protected] for the email, or message me here as I'll be monitoring with curious interest. You may also inquire for my skype or steam for instant messaging if emails are too slow

>>Additional Notes
The timezones listed are times I'm okay with STARTING from, usually going on for the next 4 to 6 hours. So if you are European, we can start at 12:00pm, which is 6pm for Brits, 7pm for Central Europeans.

I feel like running a oneshot or minicampaign(6-8 sessions). I will be running with whoever I get, even if that's just two people. The game will be text based. It will most likely revolve around several time periods sharing a low fantasy theme. However, it can also do a mostly human dark setting with high fantasy elements, such as the Black Company books. If players are familiar with the Black Company books, I shall also run in that setting. If the systems presented are not to your liking, or you would like to request a sci-fi scenario, I'd be willing to consider it if I get the right people. Really, I'm keen to run anything, but I am feeling mostly pulled towards sword fights and such.
>>
File: 1466512667364.jpg (203KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1466512667364.jpg
203KB, 1280x1810px
>>48728644
I'm down as a player for this too.
GMT+10.
>>
File: 1467651067245.png (69KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1467651067245.png
69KB, 500x346px
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
D&D 5e
Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Haven't decided on which day yet)
Discord for voice, roll20 for maps
>Contact Info
https://discord.gg/MMaxh
>Additional Notes
- This will be a hexmap campaign with a focus on random encounters, traveling and downtime activities.
- I'll be looking to playtest some homebrew stuff from /5eg/ and of my own creation that you'll find in the discord
-Players will be subject to a light screening before they can officially join, just a little chat to make sure you're not an alien, or just someone who will ruin everyone's fun
>>
>>48729330
>Super game
YES
>Voice
UGH
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Any superhero system or system being used to run a superhero game
>Time availability
EST evenings any day but Wednesday
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
I will give you as long a backstory as you'll permit.
>>
File: MIM349.png (253KB, 724x828px) Image search: [Google]
MIM349.png
253KB, 724x828px
>>48738452
>with timezone
>>
File: 1416390121614.png (339KB, 1008x784px) Image search: [Google]
1416390121614.png
339KB, 1008x784px
>GM/Player
GM
>System
Homebrew system for playing in the Edge Chronicles novel series setting. No experience with the setting required.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uj2Xm9GC8xkJiQDhL795wYiqeEGinKgkz8Ejc4bDYJw/edit?usp=sharing
Still deciding; most current players are EST
Discord text
>Contact Info
https://discord.gg/N5W4R
>Additional Notes
Come join; the setting is awesome (sky ships, lightning quests), the system should be pretty good and the players are keen.
Campaign page
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aEexdI8tiwr6V8TN_StZVOQ3Tv0ACpHOZntXZflkzLs/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Running a Symbaroum game
Sunday, 6:30pm MST
Discord for voice, roll20 for dice and character sheets
>Contact Info
apakalypse (#7973) on Discord, or vorpal.james on Skype
>Additional Notes
We have 3 players, looking for 2 more. We've had enough flakers, so please don't contact me unless you are confident in your ability to consistently show up for the game. Missing sessions for important life reasons is fine, but don't make a habit out of it.
I would like players that are interested in the world, or at the very least are familiar with it. If you don't know anything about it, read a little bit about the setting before you send me anything, just to make sure you are interested in it.
>>
>>48738705

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY YOUR SHIT HOMEBREW IN YOUR SHITTY YOUNG ADULT NOVEL BASED GAME

Holy shit, come up with an original setting already you hack.
>>
>>48739336
omigod it's adorable, can I keep it?
>>
>>48738452
Forgot to mention, it's EST but I haven't decided on a time yet. Waiting for the remaining spots to fill up so I can have everyone's concrete schedule.

We still have 2 slots left if anyone's still interested.

>>48738678
My bad
>>
>>48733912

Your Discord invite has expired.
>>
Keeping the Gamefinder going.,
>>
File: MarioBumpGIF_zps1196c772.gif (111KB, 319x257px) Image search: [Google]
MarioBumpGIF_zps1196c772.gif
111KB, 319x257px
>>
>>48744996
doing the lord's work
>>
>>48738452
What gametime? And are you ok with someone who's only played a few games of 5e? I know the system fine but didn't really explore too much of it when I played last.
>>
>>48728439
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Godbound, Exalted, HeroQuest
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturdays from 6-12 pm EST
Roll20, IRC, Skype, Discord, whatever. Text preferred, but not necessary.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Looking to chill out and play some games where I play as an overpowered piece of shit. Please, no ERP or any weird magical realm stuff like >>48729231
>>
>forever DM
>friends are all massive idiots and/or always busy, rarely can anybody else host anything
>fully embrace it, come up with many cool ideas for a variety of systems, push my players to join several games
>players get fucking sick of playing too many games and finally, when I bring a new cool idea they tell me to fuck off
I just wanted to explore a cool idea, faggots. I know you're reading this yaaga fuck you, never stopped you from playing fifty simultaneous nechronica games.
>>
>>48748569
I miss when Paper Mario was good.
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System
Shadowrun 4
>Times Available
Late Afternoon/Night (Central Standard Time)
>Method of Play
TEXT, Discord
>Contact Info
https://discord.gg/vekCXcj
>Additional Notes
NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY

Looking for a player or two since one of our prospectives dropped. We currently have a Mage (Likely to drop.) Face/Sam, and a Fist Adept.

Whichever type of character you'd like to play, join the discord chat and please submit chummer4 character files or online sheet links.
>>
>>48751881
Almost forgot like a dumbass, we're using 300 BP, Avail 12.
>>
File: cqc.jpg (111KB, 760x638px) Image search: [Google]
cqc.jpg
111KB, 760x638px
>GM/Player
GM
>System
Only War
>Times Available
Weekend afternnons and evenings, GMT
>Method of Play
Roll20, Discord or Skype for voice
>Contact Info
https://discord.gg/UWjBCHE
>Additional Notes
Seeking four to five players for a fairly straightforward campaign centered around a bunch of vacationing veterans helping the PDF defend a paradise world.
Alternatively, should you choose the comedic approach, the warped adventures of a psyker battle squad across [REDACTED] when it suddenly [REDACTED], leaving them [REDACTED].
>>
>>48753352
Bamp
>>
>>48753352
Damn, if you could do Mondays I'd be all over that shit.
>>
>>48751881
What days?
>>
Why even have a game finder thread?

It's not like anyone ever got into a fun game from one of these.
>>
>>48763002
ok
>>
>>48763002
I'm sorry you're too autistic to find a group
>>
File: 1428642895637.jpg (70KB, 712x750px) Image search: [Google]
1428642895637.jpg
70KB, 712x750px
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
5e
Mon-Thurs 1-5pm PDT
anything works for me, I don't have a webcam though
>Contact Info
discord: Tyler S. #8248
>Additional Note
GM just looking for a fun game with non crazy people to be a player in for once
>>
File: 1419658870801.jpg (120KB, 499x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419658870801.jpg
120KB, 499x600px
>>48728439
>GM/Player
Player recruiting for GM.
>System Preferred
Anima: Beyond Fantasy (books can be provided)
Weekends, EST, most likely in the evenings. I think Saturday @6 PM.
Discord (https://discord.gg/X7C3Tp6) and roll20
>Contact Info
See above.
>Additional Notes
Probably going to be text based.
>>
>>48763787

I might be interested. What is the system like, and what would the game be like?
>>
>>48763835
Anima is a fantasy system with a large degree of player customization. It is based on the d100. I haven't heard details from the GM at this point as to what the specific setting will be.
>>
>>48763855

How many players do you have right now? How many are you looking for?
>>
File: 1470719795226.png (303KB, 490x415px) Image search: [Google]
1470719795226.png
303KB, 490x415px
>>48763787
This game isn't happening, this player is simply having an autistic rampage because he can't wait for me to find real players.
>>
>>48763787
Holy shit I kind of wanted to try Anima.
>>
>>48763887
If you would like you can give me your Skype and you could be considered, but no guarantees.
>>
File: 1471006730179.gif (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1471006730179.gif
106KB, 512x512px
>>48763880
>>
>>48763871
I am looking for 1-2 right now.
>>
>>48763880
>>48763932

what
>>
>>48763969
That player that made the initial post has removed me from his game because I am not hosting for him tonight, and is now recruiting to replace me in his other anima game :(
>>
>>48763990

why the fuck can't you autists just play games without this drama

fuck it
>>
>>48764008
Because I told him I would like to have a game with people who take their time making characters rather than make them in 15 minutes, but he simply can't wait one more week.
>>
File: autism.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>48764023
>>
>>48764008
it's 4chan man.

some people are looking for a game here to have fun.

other people are looking for a game here because they have nowhere else to look.
>>
>>48764064
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>48764083
I'm fine with having players from 4chan to play in the game, but he trying to cram it in tonight which would just make hosting not fun and mostlikey make the game not fun
>>
>>48763969
I'm looking to replace a player in my Anima game, as the other person mentioned.

To put it simply, he was removed because "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch." I expect my players to occasionally GM a game, so that I can play as well. This player has promised to run a game "next weekend" for about 4 months straight, and originally scheduled his game for Saturdays, so when I asked to confirm that he would host, he said it wouldn't happen without other players. Of course he was only willing to recruit from the small pool of our regular group, and they aren't interested, so I advertised here instead, but he said he didn't want any players "from 4chan" and made that post you saw earlier. Thus it is obvious to me that he will never host a game, and so I have barred him from playing in my games, and I am now looking for up to two players, 1 to replace him and 1 in order to round the party off to a group of 4.

The next session of my game is tomorrow, but if you don't feel that you can have a character ready by then it's not a big deal, because I normally host on Wednesdays, and that's when the session after next will be.
>>
>>48764381
He is also mad that I didn't host my game on a day that I didn't say I was gonna host I. I have said Saturday for the past couple weeks waiting for players to make characters they never did and tonight he was really craving some roleplaying I guess and had a little spurg out. So go play in his game by all means, but if you would like to play in mine next weekend on Saturday feel free to reply with your Skype names. Looking for 3 players.
>>
>>48764381

So the Saturday session is only a one off? You normally only run on Wednesdays?
>>
>>48764481
Yes.
>>
>>48764381
>>48764461
What needless drama
>>
>>48764381
So you expect people to pay for the privilege of playing in your game by catering to you. To the extent that you want them to go out and actively get strangers involved to facilitate you playing. Clearly you must think GMing is a chore, or a job, and that you ought to be compensated for it. This does not bode well for anyone sane wanting you to GM for them.
>>
^ I am just trying to make sure sense it is my first time really hosting anything that I have players that know the rules and how to make characters so that I can focus on running the game not holding the PC's hands, because I will need everything devoted to running the game well.
>>
voice games are shit
>>
>>48768675
Aye, less chance to mishear, ability to re-read stuff and more time to think
>>
>>48768675
>>48769035
Text games are too slow. Too impersonal. They really lack the soul that makes role-playing so dang fun.
>>
>>48769272
I don't understand you
>>
>>48769477
Of course you don't.
>>
>GM/Player
New Player
>System Preferred
D&D 5e, Shadow Run
Weekends 5AM-8PM CST/ 8PM-11AM PDT
anything that allows for voice
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Haven't played in 9 years and want to get back into it. But it's best if you treat me like a new player because I don't know any of the new systems and my roleplaying might be a little rusty.
I have never played Shadowrun before, so I have no knowledge about the lore but I'd obviously start reading into it if I were to find a group for it. I'd just need someone to tell what I need to read.
I'm also open for a game of AD&D 2e if anyone still plays that shit. I still remember most of the rules for it.
>>
>>48764594
You sound like a permaplayer cuck. Any solid gaming group is only made up of GMs rotating the spot. Anything else is doomed.
>>
File: Kirk_dressed_in_Nazi_attire.jpg (32KB, 525x469px) Image search: [Google]
Kirk_dressed_in_Nazi_attire.jpg
32KB, 525x469px
>>48770994
Here's your (You).
>>
>>48768675
That's, like, your opinion, man. And, you have a right to that opinion.
>>
>>48769272
They may be slow, but given the platform of online table-top gaming, it just feels better and allows more expression. Voice over internet can be both impossible to understand or convey depending on aspects, and without physical eyes on the person; it's just a disembodied voice in your ear.

In this anon's opinion, the soul of role-playing is being physically there, expressing and talking with your whole body in front of others. Afterall, role-playing games is just improv acting with dice to make decisions.

Barring that, just do whatever you like better, online.
>>
>>48764381
As a forevergm, you sound like the worst kind of fa/tg/uy, and you're most certainly That GM.
>>
>>48771527
As an occasional GM, I say that you don't sound much better.
>>
>>48764594
Bit that guy, but honestly I don't see the problem so long as he was upfront about it. Everyone wants to play at some point, it's not "paying for the privilege of being in his game", it's just making an agreement to do things round-robin style, plenty of people do that, and if the player guy was aware but constantly skirted his way around it, that does sound kinda shitty and I wouldn't want to play with or run for that guy either. If he just straight-up said "hey, I just really don't want to run/don't feel comfortable running", that's fine, but it sounds like the dude had weeks to say this, knew upfront the group was round-robin, and skirted around it constantly without outright saying "hey, I'm just really not feeling it."

And really, if the player knew upfront and didn't say anything, he should have just backed out anyways. No one's forcing you to be there, if you don't want to run then find another group that isn't doing things round-robin.
>>
>>48772268
>bit that guy
*not that guy
>>
>>48771234
I prefer text to the point I won't play voice games, because I have speech impediments that make it difficult to express myself. Text allows me to say what I want without fuckery.
>>
>>48771087
It's literally the truth.
>>
File: 1449444488420.png (145KB, 509x368px) Image search: [Google]
1449444488420.png
145KB, 509x368px
>GM/Player
GM

>System Preferred
Godbound

Sat. 4 PM - 10 PM EST

Discord, text only

>Contact Info
Hangedman#3517

>Additional Notes
We have two players already, our third flaked and we're looking for a replacement. Please have an understanding of the rules and a concept for a character.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471104841989.jpg (103KB, 675x895px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471104841989.jpg
103KB, 675x895px
>>48728439

>>GM/Player
Player
>>System Preferred
Any of the FF 40k games, dark heresy preferred, also looking for DND
>>Times Available (with timezone!)
Monday and Fridays are best, free all day
East coast US
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Roll20 or skype, willing to try anything
>>Contact Info
Skype - Thelastacolyte
Email - [email protected]
>>Additional Notes
Pls
>>
File: Not Pelor.jpg (138KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
Not Pelor.jpg
138KB, 600x906px
>GM/Player
GM

>System Preferred
Pathfinder (Core heavily discouraged, Path of War and Spheres of Power allowed and heavily encouraged)

>Times Available
Game starts at Friday, 10 PM (GMT+2) // 4 PM EST for burgerlanders

>Method of Play
Discord for OOC/voice. Maptools for actual play.

>Contact Info
Hop#5943 on discord, or post contact info.

>Additional Notes
In regards to tone, the game will be fairly high fantasy. Expect some cheesyness, though not to ridiculous levels.
I expect players to come up with their character's nation of origin, and if they so want, race. Also, due to the premise detailed below, players need to come up with a constellation, too.

About the premise, it goes like this: order in the world is kept by the sun god, the moon goddess, and their daughters. Constellations act as their stewards. At some point, moon goddess gets fed up, takes command of constellations, and imprisons sun god and their daughters, thus rendering night eternal. Centuries later, new constellations appear, and seek champions to free sun god.
>>
>>48775017
We'll make Zarus great again!
>>
>>48775017

How set are you for voice requirement? Because I can't do voice but I might be interested.
>>
>>48775996
Not required at all, considering most of the group has a godawful accent. I'm mostly concerned about you being able to hear than being able to speak.
>>
>>48775017

Request sent.
>>
>>48773535

Do you still have the position open?
>>
>>48776508
Just filled it, actually. Though we've had one flaker already so if you'd like I'll gladly take people on a list to fill in for more droppers.
>>
>GM/Player
GM

>System
Red Markets Beta (zombie game discussed here)

>Times Available
Sat 7:30 CST

>Method of Play
Skype for Voice. RollD20 for maps/rolling

>Contact Info
[email protected]

>Additional Notes
Post-Post Apocalyptic Zombie game, taking place in a former prison. Do NOT act your magical realm crap. Will give out the backer draft if your interested
>>
>>48776530

Place me on the list.
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
We'll be playing Only War
>Text or Voice
Voice
EST, game will be on a week-night for about 4 hours once a week, most likely 8p.m. to midnight EST. The game will not start until September.
Roll20 for dice, maps and character sheets with either skype or discord for voice and between session chat.
>Contact Info
Email: [email protected] for preliminary interviews
>Additional Notes
Very serious mood but not overly grimdark. Saving Private Ryan would be a pretty appropriate tone comparison. This is not a game for joke characters, endless attempts at witty quips or "I roll to suplex the Ork XD". Organic jokes squadmates would make are encouraged for appropriate characters though.
Everyone is going to have 5 characters, one in each squad of a platoon. We'll rotate through these squads as they fight in a deadly urban engagement similiar to the Battle of Stalingrad or play more than a single squad in exceptional circumstances. As the platoon takes loses the squads will get consolidated together until there's only one squad left fighting. Very combat heavy game but looking for players that can role play in combat (take actions as their character would, form friendships and rivalries within the squad, not metagame, etc.)

If that didn't scare you away, here's a document with the specifics:
http://pastebin.com/BjVLcQgE
>>
>>48777721
This sounds like, well, quite an experience. I can't possibly commit to it, but I wish you the best of luck in finding your players and running the campaign.
>>
>>48777721
GM/Player
Gm if I need too player if I can
>System Preferred
Star Wars man
>Text or Voice
Text
>Times Available (with timezone)
Pst, everyday except Monday and sat
Anything man
>Contact Info
Skype Flinn
Discord inlikeflinn
>>
>>48728439
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
New to everything basically
I work part time but usually after 4pm EST
Skype is Tunnelingpigeon
>Additional Notes
I have played one game of pathfinder but wanna get into Warhammer 40k and DnD and again I'm new to most of this stuff
>>
>>48778917
Not only did you give the most least helpful Skype name without and extra info, but you didn't even include the ID tag for your Discord name as well.
>>
>>48778917
garbage ad/10
>>
>>48778896
Thanks. I figured this type of game would need really specific types of players so I started recruiting early. Good luck finding the right game for you. Gamefinders contain a lot of trash but every once in a while you find a gem.
>>
>>48770994

Right, but generally speaking they don't rotate the same seat weekly in some rotating campaign, that's retarded.

That's why capeshit comics are bad, and why TV is so terrible: No authorial vision because you have like thirty people writing a story and setting.
>>
Saving from page 10
>>
I want gurps
>>
>>48782308
>rotate the same seat weekly
I don't think anyone ever implied that that's what was happening.
>>
>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
Black Crusade, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Only War

Evenings excluding Thursday and Weekends. GMT-6

Anything works for me.

>Contact Info
Darklady2831 on Skype
[email protected]

>Additional Notes
Black Crusade or Rogue Trader are my preferred games, but I'd be up for Deathwatch or Only War too
>>
Just bought fantasycraft, may run a game in a few weeks after I read the rulebook, what are the chances of finding people that would play it?

I'm looking to run a time honored game of friends exploring dungeons, getting loot, helping people, and in general themed for Friday night normie D&D fun. I'll provide more detailed contact info when I've read the rules well enough. I'm not much of a intensely plotting DM, I just like playing a game with the players, I do worldbuild, but I try and be as efficient and adaptable as possible.
>>
>GM/Player
Player, need more exp in some systems before i GM
>System Preferred
5e im good with, Pathfinder and Dark Heresy i'm new too
Thurs?Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon Us times, Based in Aus, timezones aren't a hassle
Roll20
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
>>
>>48786550
I can fix you up with some gurps, but it'll cost you.
>>
>>48790193
Sounds like it could be really fun. I'm also decently experienced with FC, so if you wanted to add me I could help you with learning it, answer questions and such.
>>
>GM/Player
Player! (also GM but every time I try to run an online Gamefinder game it dissolves)
>System Preferred
All 40k Systems, The One Ring, Tiwlight 2000 (I+II ed), Twilight 2013, GURPS - honestly, anything crunchy that avoids fantasy settings.
EST - weekends + Evenings
Skype, roll20, in person
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I really want to play a realistic mil-sim post-apocyalptic game best of all, but, I just wont tolerate a standard fantasy game (One Ring doesn't play like that).
>>
>>48791360
but 40k is fantasy.
>>
>>48791514
40k is Sci-fi Fantasy. Too much tech and guns to be straight standard fantasy.
>>
>>48791360
>Anything crunchy
>Realistic mil-sim

Everyone who is new to the hobby wants this, until they actually get a session of it. Then they stop wanting it.

>Every time I try to run an online Gamefinder game it dissolves

Yeah, this just kind of outs you as having a high probability of being awful. Don't fish for sympathy that way, it doesn't work.
>>
>>48791566
of course it's fantasy, but, I just don't want DnD and clones.

>>48791583
I actually enjoy mil-sim and have run a few face-to-face sessions that went well. Tougher to do online. Also daaaaamn who pissed in your cheerios - I think the logistical issues of online gaming are well-known, and not "fishing for sympathy"

Regardless, I'd love to be a player in an other game instead of constant DMing.
>>
>GM/Player
GM

>System Preferred
GURPS

Saturdays 5pm EST until midnight.

Skype for voice chat with OOC talk, questions, and discussions and Roll20 for everything else.

>Contact Info
MannyReign on Skype. Send a message saying you're from here when you add me please.

>Additional Notes
Group has been together for almost 4 years now and there is a vetting and small interview to make sure you'll be a good match before anything. It is very rp intensive, with several sessions going by without combat and some even without rolling. We recently had a chair open and are looking to fill it. Punctuality is a BIG thing for us. Newbies to the system are welcome and encouraged, we're more concerned about finding someone cool and that we can mesh with than we are about anyone with experience, we don't mind teaching the system. 18yr old+ people only please.

>Setting
TL 4 world with various countries, factions, states, kingdoms, and a rich history. Semi-sandbox. Story is very player-driven with them discovering "World Puzzle pieces" to try and piece together the history and lore of the world and discover the plot. More detailed info will be provided if requested, actual solid info will be given if you join the game.
>>
>>48791780

If you do find one, especially a 40k one, please contact me, I'd love to play one as well.

I'm this anon: >>48787685
>>
End of the line save.
>>
>>48791868
well, broseph - there's already two people interested - let's see if we can't get 2 more and we got a game going.
>>
>>48791780
>Also daaaaamn who pissed in your cheerios

I'm just stating a fact that most games that fall apart do so due to a fundamental problem with the people involved most of the time. The GM is usually the guilty party.
>>
>>48791780
There's a scarce few GMs in these threads, best to not hold out hope.
>>
Are there any games at all with EU friendly timezones?
>>
>>48795373
I run one and play in another. They do tend to fill up quickly and stay full.
>>
>>48795373
Very rarely, and they fill up fast. GMs feel even rarer in the EU timezones.
>>
>>48795373
Most EU people are night owls. It's not rare to have games begin at 2PM (american time) or so during week ends, which works just fine for euros too.
>>
>>48795373
What kind of game?
>>
Keeping it alive.
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Pokemon Tabletop United
Sunday, starting 3pm, UTC-06:00
roll20 (text)
>Contact Info
https://discord.gg/014r7HnsWRmLEdD0w
>>
>>48777721
That sounds rad. If it wasn't for the timezone difference I'd jump on this bandwagon headfirst.
>>
>Players begin to miss sessions, drop entirely, or leave without saying a word
>Remaining players complain about not enough players
>Find new players to fill up spots
>Cycle repeats
Why do I keep trying? At this point, the group is made up of entirely new players, and they are starting to drop, too.
>>
>>48800757
Run a stronger game or adapt your formula to the cycle.
>>
>>48800757
find out why they are dropping and fix it---I'm not saying that players dropping are a good thing but there has to be a reason why.
>>
>>48800830
I would if the players would be willing to play when the group is down to 2 or 3, since half the group drops/doesn't show each session.

Thanks for the advice though. GMing online is just very low return on the effort you put in, I guess
>>
>>48800945
It seems like a run of bad luck, work schedules, and so on. One left because he felt he wasn't clicking with the group, which was sound enough I guess. Those all could be lies though, and I'm just a terrible GM but nobody will tell me.
>>
>>48800953
You can try profiling for players that want a smaller game or are fine with one to keep it going. Alternatively, run oneshots or short campaigns (2-4 sessions total) and stress attendance.

Running a 'proper' long campaign online is both hard and rare, and it gets even harder with a pickup group.
>>
>>48800757
Schedule with your players, it doesn't have to be the same time every week, and getting 4-6 people to have consistent schedules can be difficult.
>>
>>48801054
>Running a 'proper' long campaign online is both hard and rare, and it gets even harder with a pickup group.

I hate this, everything dictates that it should be way easier to maintain attendance and productivity via an online game and yet the actual results are the complete opposite.

>music is easier online
>recording events is easier online
>showing up is easier online
>showing up on time should be clicks away
>You can have truly private conversations with other players and GM's by using private chats and seperate voice channels
>You can easily draw/paint/re-use assets
>You can easily use and write software for speeding up any book-keeping and improvisation
>It should feel more comfortable to play in your own home.
>>
>>48801467
On the other hand, there are plentiful distractions, finding another game or some other entertainment is also a few clicks away, it's very easy to get pulled out of the game if you're in your own home.
Ultimately, an online game is much less of an obligation and much less of an event than a meatspace one. There is also less of a group bond, since the interactions are so limited. This all makes online attendace more of a chore or a distraction, as opposed to an outing one looks forward to. You either need a very strong game that keeps the group's interest despite everything else, or a shorter one that doesn't require any real commitment beyond showing up twice or three times.
>>
>>48801467
>>48801706
Also go to goddamn sleep, senpai. It's what, 3AM in Finland?
>>
>>48801467

It -is- better online.

You just have to quit being an autist.

You need a group element that makes players relate to each other and value them, otherwise there's no accountability.

If you have four autists who don't know each other show up to games, then what's to distinguish playing RPGs from any kinda video game, except for the fact that it's a lot slower and less interesting?

If you want to compete with vidya, you need to up the social factor, and you need to step up your GM game.

The biggest problem with gamefinder in general is that people start with the game.

But they never truly form a group, at least not in the sense of community.
>>
>>48793165
Do we have a GM, or do we need to find one of those as well?
>>
>>48777721
Bump, still looking for a couple people brave enough for this PTSD inducing game.
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Cypher is what we're using
The game is gonna be every other friday at 630 PST
Probably Discord
>Contact Info
My Discord is inlikeflinn#2374
>Additional Notes
I'm running a game in my setting Prati that'll be taking place in the merchant kingdom capitol. It's a pretty cool setting imo and I'd love two more players. We have two already.

Here's the doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-fR1ilhif26q6LDVEBP3E7inMWOq669rmXRDoRA5UCg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48802600
What day is it on? I'm interested but am only available on Tuesday.
>>
>>48803900
Probably not Tuesday. Currently most likely Monday or Thursday.
>>
>>48804251
Alright, good luck to you guys
>>
File: 1468895109326.gif (25KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1468895109326.gif
25KB, 100x100px
>GM/Player
GM
>System
We are playing Rogue trader with a modified ruleset for Eldar characters and improved mechanics from updated errata.
>Session Time
We play on Saturdays @10am PST
We are using roll20 for Character sheets, visuals, and dice rolls. We are also using a private TS server for voice and file sharing.
>Contact Info
You can contact me by posting in our listing: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52346/path-of-wandering
>Additional Notes
We have had decent turnouts for our last few sessions and im looking forward to hearing from individuals looking to join us. The players we have currently are all mature and experienced players who enjoy what we're doing.

>Inb4 repeat poster
>>
>>48804513
You are, though, for the third or fourth time at that. What happened?
>>
File: 1455578912582.jpg (96KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
1455578912582.jpg
96KB, 599x602px
>>48804562
I've seen quite a few players come and go for the past month or so. Personal reasons, conflicting schedules with other games take your pick.

Slowly but surely our group has been filtered down to the more experience and dedicated players. This weekend we had our second session and it was a great success despite two of our players having to drop. It worked out for the three remaining players who got to split the profits 3-ways instead of five.

The most recent of my players to leave left because of college while the second left because of 'personal reasons' after he spent the first session burning fate points and stumbling into the worst possible scenarios. A word rhyming with 'tistic' comes to mind.

>TL;DR Shit Happens, my remaining players are happy with the outcome and were just gonna keep on playing with or without new people.

I hope that answers your question.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.