[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this just me, or is this Amanda Waller as a Planeswalker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 31

File: Kaya-Ghost-Assassin.png (158KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Kaya-Ghost-Assassin.png
158KB, 265x370px
Is this just me, or is this Amanda Waller as a Planeswalker?
>>
>>48725809
Not thick enough.
>>
Thanks, Anon.
We really needed three active threads about one single card in a card game.
>>
Why so many blacks on the recent sets of Magic...
>>
>>48727859

It has to be self hating sjws. Close to no black people play magic - the number of female blake players is probably in the two-digits. It's obviously not about representation, and it's not like WotC is going to bring in hordes of female black playes by introducing kaya. Probably some sjw on the creative team with an agenda to push because he or she has low self esteem.

Kind of a cool card though I like how it plays.
>>
>>48727859
Are you really losing sleep over it?
>>
>>48728009
>Probably some sjw on the creative team with an agenda

I'm 200% anti-sjw but we have to stop reacting like this when blacks or whatever non-white shows up : what is arabian nights ? who is Tefeiri ? etc.
>>
>>48726380
This. Worst part of that shitshow of a movie was making The fucking Wall into a skinny bitch.
>>
>>48725809
>>48724973
>>
>>48725809
>>>48727859
>
>It has to be self hating sjws. Close to no black people play magic

With such an inviting and welcoming attitude from the current player base, I can't see why that would be.
>>
>>48727859
We've already had a set based on fucking Africa. You're about a decade too late to complain
>>
>>48725809
Wizards thinks that people don't want to play their game because of the "lack of representation" when in reality it's racist as fuck to assume that minorities can only identify with people exactly like them
>>
Report, hide, move on
>>
>>48728009
>It has to be self hating sjws.

Maybe it's a Stormer false flag. They're forcing black characters into the card game ust so the subject comes up. Then their undercover brothers can get their shit in and convert the normies, and no one will suspect that they just came here to shitpost about the blacks.

I definitely know of cards and have touched a number of them.
>>
>>48728530
If Eminem could get onstage and do rap battles then I can't see why nigs can't drag their ass to a comic shop.
>>
>>48728201
better than when the new 52 tried to make her sexy
>>
>>48728530

there have been black characters in magic for years now. blacks not playing magic is not because there aren't enough black characters. it's almost as if there's another reason why they don't play magic.

nobody cares what color your skin is or what genitals you have if you want to play magic. the racist, sexist, xenophobic boogeyman does not exist. if people show up to a gaming store wanting to play magic, there are people that will teach them so long as they aren't acting like huge dicks.
>>
>>48727859
Sure this newfangled "Zhalfir" thing is yet another sjw pandering shit, innit?
>>
>>48728009
Clearly, self-hatred is the only answer for a fantasy character's melanin content.
Sure, shoehorning characters of different races into everything isn't nearly as productive or revolutionary of a statement as the people doing it think it is, but on the flipside, the plane Kaya, Ghost Assassin is from has people who are black, and those people sometimes do magic and assassinations and shit. It's not really that big of a deal, and it really shouldn't bother anyone very much.
>>
>>48729756
>Sure this newfangled "Zhalfir" thing is yet another sjw pandering shit, innit?

YEAH MAN! Remember when the Mirage block was so inclusive and diverse with its white, latin, and asian characters? And Kaervak was gay?
>>
>>48725809
That seems like a Really shitty card.
>>
File: Leslie-Jones-Ghostbusters.jpg (60KB, 550x474px) Image search: [Google]
Leslie-Jones-Ghostbusters.jpg
60KB, 550x474px
>>48725809
>Black
>Female
>Ghost Assassin
>Amanda Waller

Nigga, she's clearly Leslie Jones.
>>
>>48725809
>Amanda Waller
>Assassin
tard/10
>>
>>48729656
>it's almost as if there's another reason why they don't play magic.
?????
>>
>>48725809

so she exiles herself and gets back to full loyalty right?
>>
>>48730444
yep. nice trips too. She is a cool card, but a massive hate magnet; you better be able to defend yourself , or else the table will target your ass.
>>
>>48729656
If we go back tot not!Africa and it's not full of white people then there will be cause for riot
>>
File: sad pepe.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.png
139KB, 917x871px
>new BW walker

Whelp

It's official

Sorin a dead.

RIP best walker. You were the only reason I gave a fuck about this shit game. Now I have literally no reason to play. Time to sell my cards.
>>
>>48727859
>Why so many blacks on the recent [media]
because african americans are severely over-represented in all american media

that said I'd be down for mirage-2.0: ungabungaboogaloo, but I doubt wizard's would risk releasing anything that potentially controversial
>>
>>48730706
>>48730904
we are never going back to Jamuraa
muraganda might happen
>>
>>48730864
Don't worry, she's only 3/5 of a planeswalker at best
>>
>all this "back to Jamuraa when?"
Theros is the black people plane now.
We wuz godz an shyet.
>>
>>48731288
it would be cool if they made planes like they used to
dominaria had different continents with quite different culture, magic, and aesthetic
theros is just the "we all greek here" plane, would have been cool if miles away from the known theros continent there was the egyptian continent, next to them the babylonian continent, and so fort
the same for kamigawa being a distant continent in innistrad
like, the way alara is
but nope, each plane now has to be literally a dimension of just one culture
>>
>>48731332
They at least sort of tried this with Tarkir but just HAD to fuck it up with HURRDRAGONRAPE
>>
>>48731372
fucking scaly had to fuck up the place, not like zurgo was a likeable person but still
>>
>>48731394
>Sarkhan ruins an entire plane for, ultimately, no reason whatsoever
>is revered as a god on said plane

>Nahiri intentionally unleashes plane-eating Eldritch horrors on an already fucked-over plane out of pettiness
>gets away with it

>Sorin hurt one woman's feelings once, a few thousand years ago
>imprisoned and killed for it

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED
>>
>>48731455
>no reason whatsoever
he was a PETA/Greenpeace advocate who Jurassic Parked the dragons via time travel, ruining civilizations, also a confirmed scaly
i swear one of these days Ugin is gonna dick the multiverse big time
>>
>>48728201
Viola Davis isn't that skinny. Plus, if they needed to cast a fat black woman, we'd end up with Leslie Jones or some shit.
>>
>>48729618
That was likely an attempt at synergy with the Green Lantern movie.
>>
>>48731511
Should have been CCH Pounder. She IS The Wall.
>>
>>48731495
He did it so we could get Ugin back.
Thing is, not only was Ugin completely unnecessary to defeating the Eldrazi, they're actually a vital function of the Multiverse.

#SarkhanForPrison2016
>>
>>48731332
Not all old planes were like you're describing.
Some were very much like the innistrad.
Dominaria was special and unusually large. Many times bigger than earth.
>>
>>48731549
>they're actually a vital function of the Multiverse.
is this confirmed or just speculation? are they the galactus of the multiverse?
>>
>>48731455
Sarkhan had no idea what he was doing, didn't understand time travel or what would happen.

none of it was planned on his part, he just did things.

Nahiri has gotten away with it.. for now, but none of what she did was considered good or positive, she's still very much a villian.

I thought you fucks didn't like your villians to get beat that quick? don't you need new villians in magic?

whats the problem with her getting away to plot again.
>>
>>48731559
more than that.

the three titans created all the Planes of the multiverse.

Ulamog breaks the plane down, Kozilek reconfigures everything, and Emrakul seeds the planet with life that goes on to evolve into beings you know.

this is why planes have goblins and elves and shit, all life has a similar enough origin point, Emrakul.
>>
>>48731571
>her getting away to plot again.
we still don't know if this was all bolas' plan to control phyrexian eldrazi drones and rule the multiverse
>>
>>48731594
is this confirmed or just speculation/fanfiction?
>>
>>48731557
It's important to remember, we've only seen one of the several continents on Innistrad. The others could very well have had different cultures and magics.

Of course, now we'll never know. Thanks for fucking nothing, Nahiri!
>>
>>48731614
did you read the Uncharted realms?

Emrakul has a talk inside jace's mind, Jaces brain translates it to a conversation he can understand.

Emrakul admits everyone is her's, and she doesn't want to play anymore because she is not complete and no one should be rejecting her, that her place/function is disrupted.

this upset her so much she helped seal herself in the moon by planting the idea in jaces head, re-writing tamiyo's super-scroll to be Emrakul's mana spell to give them enough juice to do it, and taking over Tamiyo's mind temporarily to make her cast it.

essentially Emrakul can't "not" eldrazi-ize things, but she doesn't want to do it to an already seeded world.

without her brothers she can't do her job and just wants to go away.
>>
>>48731639
Innistrad is still there and mostly fine.

The whole "Innistrad is utterly destroyed", was stupid when it was first started and has been confirmed untrue.
>>
File: BazaarofBaghdadNFS.jpg (88KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BazaarofBaghdadNFS.jpg
88KB, 731x1024px
>>48731656
>did you read the Uncharted realms?
nope the writing is really bad, i usually check with my friends or buddies at the LGS to keep up with the storyline
thanks broderick, have a bazaar of baghdad
>>
>>48731680
Hey, remember that time Avacyn disappeared for a few years and the whole place damn near fell apart, even with the plane's big evil gone as well? You know she's dead now, right?
>>
>>48731700
so is alot of the 'evil'.
>>
>>48731706
are the demons and devil gone?
don't the demons reform deep in innistrad's underground after a while thus the need for the helvault?
they're the greatest evil in innistrad
>>
>>48731700
And so are most of the vampires. The werewolves have a leader who is making them work with humanity. So the forces avycn needed to balance are not there like they were in original Innistrad.

Sugars is still providing protection and magic to humanity, and the order of saint draft is around.

Innistrad is still around, this is confirmed canon. Deal with it.
>>
>>48731706
>>48731739
NOT ALL VAMPIRES ARE EVIL CHECK YOUR HUMAN PRIVILEGE
>>
>>48731728
Two of the most powerful were permakilled by Liliana. So much less.

And Avycyn's main job was to keep the vampires in check. Not demons.
>>
>>48731728
well alot of them got ermakul'd too.

the forces of good did get a pseudo-replacement, Thalia fused with her stand 「Saint Traft」 and was able to wield the Moon-silver spear because of it.

her fusion was apparantly so strong she could kill a being such as "Brisela" with somewhat ease.

this includes "empowered, glowing yellow-white hair" "angelic ghost wings" and hopefully, hopefully posing with 「Saint Traft」 behind her.
>>
>>48731784
>Thalia fused with her stand 「Saint Traft」
this needs to become a card
>>
>>48725809
She is pretty weak.
>>
>>48731802
it did, design fucked us, we could have had a Thalia card, that, when something occurs, she flips into "Thalia, of 「Saint Traft」"

and has like, hexproof, taxes your opponents and when she attacks does something like poop out 2 3/3 attacking angels or something.
>>
>>48731809
specially for something which will not play in standard
it's ok for edh if you esper and include venser for maximum etb shenanigans
>>
>>48731821
I'm pretty sure it was development who decided everything in EDM needed to flip into eldrazi.
>>
>>48731594
I would be unbelievably upset if this is true.
>>
>>48731857
I want ONE, just ONE Innistrad flip that is a good guy flipping into a more powerful good guy.

I am SICK of that shit, the good faction of innistrad got NO flips! ACROSS THE BOARD!!
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px)
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>48727859
Just to annoy you anon, it's obvious! Mark Rosewater knows how much do you hate black people on cardboard and planned everything to bother you.
You can insult him in his tumblr
>>
>>48731882
why? a creation myth where the creator are unknowable, Alien God-bacteria is bad for you?

did you want it to be a big bearded Sky Dad?
>>
>>48731906
No, I just have an (admittedly) irrational hatred towards the Eldrazi and I don't want them to secretly be good for the Multiverse. I want to continue despising them for the eldritch abominations that they are.
>>
>>48731455
>>imprisoned and killed for it
Sorin's still alive, just in extreme pain (sufficient so that he cannot planeswalk).
Anyone with magic abilities could break him out with relative ease.
Olivia doesn't want to though.
>>
>>48731967
they aren't "Good"

they merely are, they are integral for the universe to continue to function and produce new planes.

they are too cosmic to have moral quantifiers.
>>
>>48731986
>still alive, just in extreme pain
That's even worse than death.
>>
>>48731549
>Thing is, not only was Ugin completely unnecessary to defeating the Eldrazi
Nigga what the fuck they couldn't have done anything without Ugin's knowledge. Did you even read the story? The fundamental basis of their battle plan was Nissa reshaping the leylines of Zendikar into Ugin's specialized Eldrazi-binding rune.
They couldn't have accomplished anything but suck Ulamog's twelve story monster dick without Ugin.
>>
>>48731967
being good for the multiverse does not translate being good for individuals planes and the people living in them, specially the ones about to get galactus-ed
lovecraftian gods are usually integral parts of reality, but that does not mean they are good guys because in lovecraftian mythos the universe is, for the most part, an abhorrent. uncaring place
>>
>>48731986
which is smart, Sorin's hubris and selfishness was partial blame for all this.

could have tooken 10 god damn minutes of humoring Nahiri and showing the slightest respect (in his own way of course) to nahiri and nothing would have happened.

Nahiri is to blame too, but Sorin's indifference spurned her attack, which caused him to over-react and imprison her, ect ect.

Sorin, clearly cannot be trusted with anything, even shit he cares about, because he puts it in jeopardy regardless of how much he says he cares.

he just can't "not" be a standoffish fuck.
>>
>>48731884

Does what's his name the werewolf legend count for you?
>>
>>48732006
>>48732032
I guess so. I've never been big on Lovecraft anyhow, so maybe that contributes to me not liking them. I dunno. I think if we ever see Emrakul again, it'll be too soon.
>>
>>48732006

That's speculation.

The fact that 1000+ years could go by with them stuck in a plane and nothing bad happened regarding them not making planes suggests it's not a fucking issue.
>>
>>48732048
Nahiri is entirely responsible for her own actions and you know it damn well.
>>
>>48732032
Space is an uncarring place, we are on a rock moving millions of miles an hour in an inconceivably large field of rocks and exploding gas balls in which a untold, unknowable amount of shit could destroy us
>>
>>48731286
>3/5ths Compromise joke
Seriously underrated post, right here.
>>
>>48732062
a thousand years is a fucking nothing kid.

they are integral to the process of recycling/creating planes of existence.

this means NO ONE PLANES CAN EVER BE CREATED EVER AGAIN until all 3 Titans exist in some fashion.

this is such a bad thing that Emrakul fell into depression and imprisoned herself.

CREATION has halted because of a few children.
>>
>>48732090

If the fundamental forces of reality are that easy to fuck, it would have happened anyway.

That's enough generations out for me to not give a shit.
>>
>>48732048
>my mentor has abandoned me and my people
>i shall destroy innocent lives in his home as revenge
>partial blame
a very, very tiny part desu
>>
>>48732121
er, he imprisoned her in solitary confinement for a thousand hers, denying her the ability to defend Zendikar.

then when she gets out, turns out he didn't properly defend Zendikar either.

so she brought the last Titan to Innistrad (it has to fuck SOMEWHERE up) as revenge.

she's 6K years old, she, nor sorin, can possibly give a shit about individual lives.
>>
>>48732109
>If the fundamental forces of reality are that easy to fuck
It's not easy. It wasn't easy. Most planes (no planes?) are as strong as Zendikar, and Zendikar is the only blatantly sentient plane we know of that could lend 100% of its power to a chosen animist (Nissa). The Eldrazi planar binding rune was a secret known only to Ulamog.
Oath of the Gatewatch was not some quick counterspell. Outside of the Legacy Weapon and the Golgothian Sylex (and even possibly surpassing them but it's a difficult comparison), Zendikar being channeled through Chandra through Nissa to burn planet-sized meat gods was probably the most destructive event in the multiverse.
>>
>>48732141
did she not start a physical confrontation after being denied aid?
>give a shit about individual lives
so why not realize in a few thousand years more she will have grown into not giving a shit about individual planes? or anything for that matter
sure, sorin is petty, selfish. and arrogant, but nahiri is taking it to greater extremes
>>
File: nigger87123.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
nigger87123.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
>>48728530

Niggers not excelling at a game based on resource management you say...
>>
>>48731537
>CCH Pounder
Holy shit you're right. I already knew Snyder was a hack, but this just takes it.
>>
>>48731332
They did it right with Tarkir, then dragons happened.
>>
>>48731332
Zendikar had many different races, cultures, features, and locales.
Until half of them got dusted by Ulamog and the rest had to unite into a murky brown coalition force deprived of identity.
>>
>>48732172
>did she not start a physical confrontation after being denied aid?
no she didn't.
Here's the order to what happened.
Shows up and asked what happened
Sorin explains in a rather insulting fashion.
She asks for aid.
Sorin dismisses her in an insulting fashion
She reminds him that he had promised to provide that aid.
Sorin says nothing.
She says "You owe me for this, for all the sacrifices I've made, now get moving".
Sorin says "I owe you nothing" (actual quote). Betraying her, and proving that he won't do what she needs him to do unless she makes him.
Also insults her.

THEN she tries to physically force him to do the thing he had promised to do, in exchange for her endangering her entire world and sacrificing millennia of her time.

>so why not realize in a few thousand years more she will have grown into not giving a shit about individual planes?
or perhaps, more accurately, have gone a wee bit crazy after millenia in a endless black void with only demons for company.

Her actions after escaping were evil, but she'd gone a bit crazy.
And Sorin was definitely a villain for how he acted.
>>
>>48732238
Muh dragon dildos.

What a disaster.

Also, literally the second Magic block ever was Nigras.
>>
>>48731639
>>48731557
This just makes it kinda worse.
Dominaria was fuckhueg, yes, cool. But we've been told Ravnica is the largest plane in the multiverse and it somehow is all one single culture? We've also been told Innistrad is one of the smallest planes in the multiverse and it still has mysterious other continents with entirely different cultures.

Granted the later may be a way to exploit the "immigrants are the scariest monster" horror trope in the future. But it really is weird. one Uncharted Realms narrates how Sarkhan soars from Atarka to Kolaghan terrotiry and this is enough space between them to have entirely different cultures but Theros has cities whole oceans apart that are exactly the same but just pay to a different god and paint their cities a different color?

It's lazy bullshit.
>>
I like the design a lot, its much more interesting than the typical planeswalker design(a + a - and an ult that threatens to win the game)
>>
>>48732172
she didn't try and fight him until he told her that he owed her nothing.

which is a lie, he swore an oath, he broke that oath.

and maybe now that means nothing to people but in the olde'n'tymes breaking an oath was something you DIED over.

Nahiri only fought him to win his respect, though, he didn't take it that way when she started to beat Avacyn to death.
>>
>>48732311

Stupid, violent and repulsive aren't the same thing as "scary".
>>
>>48732311
or maybe just have eldrazi aberrations still rampaging through those forgotten places
>>
>>48732329
>breaking an oath was something you DIED over.
they have to make a saga in which the jace-tice league all break their oaths and he has to visit them to collect
>>
>>48732162
Refresh my memory if you would be so kind, anon, how did they pry the planar binding rune from Ulamog's mind? I remember someone of the Jacetice League suggesting to bring them to the inside of the metaphorical pond of Zendikar and killing them there.
>>
>>48732448
Not sure if I'm remembering events right, but

JACE

IS

A

FUCKING

TELEPATH
>>
>>48732448
he probably meant Ugin.
>>
>>48732311
>but Theros has cities whole oceans apart that are exactly the same but just pay to a different god and paint their cities a different color?
Gods make sense for homogeneous cultures to arise even leagues apart. All of Theros is enshrouded by the same Nyx, the arm of Helios or Erebos or Kruphix will be the same no matter where you are. And their cultures descend from these figureheads.
>>
>>48732448
>>48732468
Yes, fuck, I meant Ugin. My fingers got away from me with a U name relating to Zendikar.
>>
>>48732269
Nahiri was already fucked up way before she went to fight Sorin, and she went to fight Sorin not ask for his help.
The very second she started spending time on a cocoon under the ground because mortals were meaningless, she vecame a potential villain. And the progression of her story was no surprise.

You're waifu a shit
>>
>>48725809

I love how the card's "loyalty" fluff operates on "yeah you paid me for a job, once it's done I'm out, no I'm not going to stay longer and I ain't doing shit for free"
>>
>>48732269
Nahirifag detected, condonning genocide just because feelings were hurt
>The Millenia-old-vapire turned to be unreliable (as if it were unexpected) should i
>A: Understand that he is an asshole and go out looking for ugin
>B: Fight him while i scream NOTICE ME SEMPAI

If she was going to destroy avacyn, it was obvious sorin was going to intervent

>After thousands of years on the helvault, being free and saw the eldrazi free what could have been the right choice?
> A: fight the eldrazi, something a MonoW walker would do
>B: kill countless of innocent people because a vampire told me to fuck off, instead of just killing the vampire and let the rest of the plane alone

She was completly on her sense always, she was not crazy, cuz all shi did on the helvault was playing minecraft. go jerk off on your 100$ playset of chalky cunt faggot
>>
>>48732547
>and she went to fight Sorin not ask for his help.
no Explicitly stated as no. Doesn't match her actions at the start of the meeting at all no.
>>
>>48732493
Does your brother's house look exactly like yours?
Does your parents'?
It's still lazy even if one big (un)happy family manages the whole turf, every area favored by a different god should clearly reflect their personalities. The only example of this are the fucking temples which as little shit altars when it should be a city wide culture-clash.

In the end it just betrays how superficial WotC's understanding and care for mediterranean cultures is. We could have had ten entirely different cities with entirely different clothing and architecture styles. Hell we could have had at least fucking five: Spartans, Minoans, Athenians, Phoenicians and Macedonians. But no, it's al one badly homogenized "greek".
>>
>>48732606
Has any oldwalker EVER been this collected and rational?
>>
>>48732606
She had no idea where to find him.

>If she was going to destroy avacyn, it was obvious sorin was going to intervent
how is this obvious?

>She was completly on her sense always
LEARN FUCKING GRAMMAR.

then consider there is more than one type of madness. Extreme emotional overreaction is one of them.
Or consider that the whole reconstructing Zendikar thing was meant to illustrate the decent into madness. Especially as descending into madness was a massive theme in the block.
>>
>>48732608
Whatever waifufag.
>>
>>48732648
Feroz was a saint, and he was the rule. Urza, Freyalise, Bolas, Taysir, they're the most memorable because they were the fucked up lot among ok-ish people and we love to tag on the extreme personalities.
>>48732654
She spent two years planning how to fuck up Innistrad. She was never mad, she's just the biggest cunt in magic.
>>
>>48732711
being obsessive and being crazy are not contradictory.
>>
>>48732654
>how is this obvious?
>Oh my god, she is going to destroy the seal i created with fucking tons of mana to save my plane, i will just sit here, watching

Yeah, sure

>She had no idea where to find him.
She also didn't knew if sorin was on innistrad. and she could always have said:
>Well, thanks for nothing faggot, at leas tell me where the fuck is the dragon

Extreme emotional overreaction is not madness, is stupidity and a shitty temper.

And descent into madness is because of emrakul, and nahiri was not affected by emrakul cuz she had changed the leylines to protect herself from eldrazi

U waifu a shit
>>
>>48732711
>Feroz was a saint, and he was the rule. Urza, Freyalise, Bolas, Taysir, they're the most memorable because they were the fucked up lot among ok-ish people and we love to tag on the extreme personalities.
That's just not true. Jaya Ballard was violent and impulsive (much moreso than Chandra), Leshrac, Tevesh Szat, Liliana Vess, and Ob Nixilis are monoblacks, Serra was a desperate escapist, and it was commonly portrayed that unnamed oldwalkers were paranoid and avoidant to the core. I remember one appearing as an inanimate object just to avoid notice.
>>
>>48732773
>She also didn't knew if sorin was on innistrad.
but she had a place to start looking.
She didn't have that with Sorin.

>Well, thanks for nothing faggot, at leas tell me where the fuck is the dragon
So, she could have completely ignore that this person had just betrayed a promised that she'd endangered her plane, and thousands of years of her life for?

Are you seriously saying that you would just let that shit slide?

>Extreme emotional overreaction is not madness,
yes, yes it is. Depression is a form on insanity. Mania is a form of Insanity. Paranoia is a form of insanity. Obsession is a form of insanity.
Irrationality tied to or caused by extreme emotions.

>And descent into madness is because of emrakul
No the theme of the stories as writers of the story, not just events within actions of the story.
Remember the Gitrog Monster story. No eldrazi mentioned, but still falling into madness.
Narrative theme.

I think Nahiri is a villian, a decently written one, whose actions are inexcusable even if I understand what led to them.
Pointing out when you are being stupid does not mean that I think she's done nothing wrong.
>>
>>48731784

I am really annoyed that Innistrad's whole lore is about how the ultra-powerful and completely impossible to permanently kill demons were the lords of the plane while the angels and humans desperately staved off their attacks and those of the monsters around them.

AVR's dark note is that while Avacyn has returned to save humanity from being utterly fucked without her protection, every demon except Griselbrand is back in gear and Griselbrand's essence will take on another form soon enough.

And then we go back to the plane and there's two fucking demons.

Two. One to promote delirum early and Ormendahl, our completely fucking irrelevant subplot that has no resolution except maybe an offhand mention he got Memerakul'd in a fucking artbook.

No demons at all in Eldritch Moon. Not even an Eldrazi/Demon hybrid. No resolution for the plot after Emrakul gets locked up. Does Olivia immediately betray the humans when the danger has passed? Do the werewolves somehow overcome the fact that every werewolf besides Arlinn that doesn't fucking hate being a werewolf is a murderer and live in harmony with humans somehow? Do the zombie-makers stop being insane shitheads? What do they do with the now-insane but probably still immortal demons? What happened with the Lunarch Council becoming an Ormendahl/Emrakul cult? Did the entire Flight of Herons survive, or is Sigarda one angel that is SOMEHOW supposed to do the work of hundreds despite doing fucking nothing this entire block?

There was zero satisfying resolution in this plotline. Only tentacles and disappointment.
>>
>>48732711
The very first planeswalker we saw was an evil douchebag (Kuthuman from the novel "Arena") who held blood sports and murdered the winner.
>>
>>48725809
This card is terrible
>>
What ticks me off is that they started writing Sorin differently so they could write him out and make way for this diversity walker.

He's very different from the way he was written in original Innistrad and at the start of Tarkir to Shadows.

I'll take it back if they print a new Sorin or he gets another article.
>>
>>48730089
Wasn't mirage explicitly set n just a part of dominaria though? As opposed to representing the entire plane?
>>
>>48735110
Not really. He was written like he was the last time he had to work with another planeswalker: Nissa in Teeth of Akoum. He's always been a raging asshole cunt who should've learned by this point that doing so tended to get people to yell "fuck you" and try and do shit ro piss you off and get you to go away. Sorin's an idiot and mbodies every single smug quip flavor text on every counterspell ever printed, which is amazing because he's not even blue.

As for Nahiri, yeah the bitch is nuts and went a little overboard in her quest to piss Sorin off, but oldwalkers. Plane forr a plane is their logic. Sorin let her plane get eldrazi'd so his plane gets eldrazi'd back. Besides, Emrakul was going to fuck places up anyway, she basically just made it start with Innistrad instead of Kamigawa or whatever.
>>
>>48735301
All your arguments are shit.
>Sorin couldn't help with Nissa because she was racist and refused to listen.
Nissa's brainpower is below squirrel level and Sorin knew, everyone else he interacted with in Zendikar was either evil or retarded, you just can't behave like a saint when you're surrounded by self-destructive idiots.
>A little overboard
>little
Planeswalkers never purposedly destroyed planes. Most planar collapses were already happening before walkers intervened and the two times Urza blew up a plane were epic legendary events we are meant to be in awe and terror of. Not casual shit that happens because "lol oldwalkers".
Also, Nahiri is completely sane, she is also completely evil and the most egocentric living walker.
>Lol emrakul was eating planes anyway
No she wasn't, she was hanging on the blind eternities and Nahiri literally forced her to fuck up a world she didn't wanted to consume and was distressed about.
Nahiri fucked up so hard she hurt the feelings of an old one proxi.

You're waifu is the shitlord of shitlords.
>>
>>48735645
We get it. Sorin is your husbandu.
>>
>>48732066
>>48732121
C'mon guys, it takes two to tango, and doubly so on Zendikar.

>Sorin promises to help with some shit
>doesn't
>Nahiri is justifiably mad
>Sorin acts like she's being an unreasonable child
>Nahiri getting more mad
>now everybody's getting into too much of a pissing contest to back down
>Nahiri gets locked in black demon solitary confinement for untold years, barely remaining sane
>suddenly released(not by Sorin)
>though Sorin knows she is released and certain to be intensely pissed, takes no action to resolve problem
>she gets out and her home is obliterated because Sorin not only didn't help, but prevented her from helping as well
>Nahiri loses what remains of her fragile sanity and decides to genocide Innistrad

Either party swallowing their pride for 5 seconds would have resolved the situation.
>>
>>48731266
Why are people so obsessed with muraganda? Do they really think "vanilla matters' is interesting or is it some autistic fixation on dinosaurs?
>>
File: 1426118013050.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426118013050.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>got downvoted on reddit for saying I don't like the card design
>>
>>48725809
> assassin
> doesn't destroy shit
>>
>>48736980
She only assassinates ghosts, dawg.
>>
>>48730864
He'll probably be back as BR.
> Sorin Fuckin' Pissed
>>
>>48731537
Isn't CCH currently skinnier than Viola Davis? I like Viola. She reminds me of the JLU Amanda Waller. Just not Boomer tier fat.
>>
File: 1457398188046.png (307KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457398188046.png
307KB, 450x450px
>>48736946
>posted on reddit in the first place
>>
>>48732467
Yeah, so is Goku. What's your point?
>>
>>48737019
And? Everything has a soul.
>>
>>48730404
Magic is a tricky game that takes learning and concentration.
>>
>clearly not a ghost
>has two abilities that sum up Obzedat
>doesn't kill anything
>treads onto Gideon's special snowflake territory of being a walker usually without an ultimate
>>
>>48731455
Can't have a story where a woman's feelings get hurted and the nasty mean GUY responsible gets away with it, can we?
>>
>>48727859
Does it fucking matter? Does anyone actually give a fuck about what the guy/girl on the card looks like?
Is anyone so autistic that their fucking piece of cardboard has been 'tainted' by people of other skin colors?
>>
>>48732026
Pretty sure the power of friendship would've won anyway.
>>
>>48737612
I think the issue is the stench of obvious pandering, same reason why cards have been watered down
>>
>>48737559
She assassinates ghosts. Makes them double dead. She isn't a ghost herself.
>>
>>48737612
>Does anyone actually give a fuck about what the guy/girl on the card looks like?
Well apparently because Wizards hired a consultant to help them design a black character that wasn't a stereotype. Then they made their non-stereotypical black character have multiple abilities that steal from opponents :^)

>>48737657
Going off the card you wouldn't know that. She's more like a thief on her card. If her +0 is there to represent assassination, why doesn't it destroy? Why can she do it to herself? Is the -1 the assassination ability? Did she kill Brago in a really slow and torturous way? The card is so poorly designed it's a marvel of the universe.
>>
>>48725809
Was Waller a DCAU creation? She is evil, right?
>>
>>48735159
>Wasn't mirage explicitly set n just a part of dominaria though?

Yeah, Tamuraa (sp) was basically the Africa of Dominaria, and had a lot of African fantasy to it.

It's something I have no problem with of course, but it's funny that people will use that as an example of Magic always being "SJW" when they forget that Mirage was basically all Africa vis a vis Theros and its "diversity party Greece".

Although, in the end:
>Actually giving a shit about the pre-teen targeted shitty Magic """""literature"""""
>>
Not really at all.

Waller is a humongously fat, no nonsense manager type.

Kaya shares basically no traits with her except being black.
>>
>>48737700
No, she's been in the comics since the 80's.
>>
>>48738405
Ah. I guess I was being dumb. Thanks.
>>
>>48738415
It happens though. She wasn't a well known character until the DCAU.
>>
>>48728009
You can trace all the SJW bullshit back to when they hired Trick Jarrett.

They literally paid a company whose business model is "That's a real nice [thing] you have there. It'd be a shame if someone called it racist." to "consult" on this character.
>>
>>48738175
i think she's been shown to be like Kingpin fat. She can dish out a severe beating when needed to
>>
File: image.jpg (294KB, 800x1148px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294KB, 800x1148px
>>48738175
No she's not. Not what so ever. She was only Kingpin-esque fat in the animated universe. Pic related is around what she typically is in stature.

And remember, the current DC cinematic universe is based off the New 52. And that Amanda Waller is a sexy skinny ass swimsuit model looking military bitch.
>>
>>48738537
>You can trace all the SJW bullshit back to when they hired Trick Jarrett.

Trick is only a classic nu-male, he's a symptom but not the problem. Fact of the matter is that WotC is owned by Hasbro whose CEO is a greatest ally merchant.
>>
>>48738675
but you cant deny wotc's public face started pushing shitty sjw agendas after he was hired. before that gathering magic was a big pusher of diversity in magic bs articles.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 474x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 474x359px
>>48738675
> Hasbro CEO
> greatest ally merchant
Pic related says otherwise.
>>
>>48738718
>but you cant deny wotc's public face started pushing shitty sjw agendas after he was hired.

I don't pay much attention to their "public" face very much, how long has Trick Faggot been around for? Seems like since Theros it's been hardcore marxist, so if he's been around since then, you certainly have a point.
>>
>>48737612
I, for one, get upset about nigger knights in a medieval Germanic gothic fantasy setting. It is significantly harder to immerse oneself into fiction when it stinks of forced political correctness.
>>
>>48738766
except it's not actual Europe. So you're being really anal when you can't take there being black people in fantasy on another world.
>>
>>48738748
he got hired in 2011. theros released in 2013 so it lines up with when sjw ideals became "popular"/louder (right around when feminist frequency started to get out of initial kickstarter range)
>>
>>48738766
>Waaah my made up fantasy land has imaginary elements that would seem impossible in the real world
>>
>>48738748

Wizards has a faggot higher up. I've seen him talking about a push into diversity and representation in some PAX panel a few years ago.
>>
>>48738779
There's been black people in Magic since the beginning.

Innistrad has one job. Which is fails because negros cosplaying in gothic horror is patently ridiculous. Same reason Theros fails. As much as we may kid, Greeks aren't actually black (just not white).

Jamuraa, on the other hand, is part of Dominaria. There's white people there who aren't from there, and black people in other parts of Dominaria who are from Jamuraa originally. There's also a sort of not-Berber theme going on too, which is another ethnic group. Its all believable and not pandering.
>>
>>48738766
Who's this black vampire? I didn't read the latest UR, was she mentioned? I can't remember a card with her on it. I have a "special snowflake" feeling about her that makes me cringe.
>>
>>48737066
I'm building a BR deck right now, I would love nothing more than Sorin Returned or Sorin Vengeant. Sorin-mad-enough-to-be-red anyway.

Hopefully he'd only be useful in a niche so getting a playset wouldn't be $400
>>
File: herp.png (4KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
herp.png
4KB, 210x229px
>>48738849
>What is good writing
>What is bad writing
>>
>>48738882
>negros is Gothic horror are patently ridiculous

There is literally no correlation between any horror genre and a specific race. What the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>48738906
Gothic is like the whitest thing imaginable.

I don't have a problem with black people being in Magic, as I said, they've always been. Please create believable worlds, not ridiculous multi-cult fantasies too silly to be taken seriously even in a fantasy world.
>>
>>48738892
a nobody that dies
>>
>>48738938
>black and white people living together
>too silly to be taken seriously even in a fantasy world.
>>
>>48738938
What classic fantasy/mythological genres can have black people without being silly?
>>
>>48738906
>medieval germanic gothic horror anno 1 500
>Not based entirely on Germanic ethnicity
Sooner or later, WotC will probably make a plane based on the Viking civilization. And that plane will surely include black-skinned female vikings. And you'll be sitting there arguing with us how it's totally not!Scandinavia and that niggers in a not!Viking setting is perfectly plausible because muh creative freedom.
>>
>>48738960
Teferi shows up and everyone just goes crazy at how could there even be a black guy?

>>48738967
Any of them? Even in terms of just regurgitating early European aesthetics, it's well within reason
>>
>>48738960
The actual problem is in 2011 when innistrad was release, there were a few black people in the art. It was a believable minority in a gothic setting. in 2016 when shadows was released these other ethnicities are shoved to the forefront making it seem like a majority.
>>
>>48738967
That's most likely a bait, but I'll bite.
A setting in Africa with African gods and mythos I would say. I would read/watch this actually.
Or a setting with different lands that can explain the difference of skin tone.
>>
>>48738967
In classic Magic, they come from part of Dominaria, as I said. They have their own culture and history, which is developed. Having planes that are one dimensional gimmicks leads to this state.
>>
>>48738991
Are you genuinely upset that MENA/Asia minor have all had communities in Europe since at least the Romans?
>>
>>48739012
>making it seem like a majority
>seem like
See this is where I'm going to want to slap you through the internet.
Because this is just your feels, which are valid of course, but black people feeling they aren't being represented to totally invalid and terrible.
>>
>>48739084
been playing since revised, never have I actually heard someone voice a complaint that they were not represented in the game. They actually care about the mechanics and how it plays and not check marks on a diversity check list.

People saying they want to be represented in the game will drop it soon enough when their special snowflake representation isnt good enough to win them games in their weekly casual 10 player free for all commander game.

And i for one cant wait until they leave. it will make the community better
>>
>>48739012
>making it seem like a majority.
Go do a search for human, angel and vampire creatures in Shadows over Innistrad and see how many black people you can spot, I saw 4 (out of 77 cards) but maybe I missed some.

Also how are they at the forefront when none of the legendaries or planeswalkers are black?
>>
>>48739145
>been playing since revised, never have I actually heard someone voice a complaint that they were not represented in the game.
probably because the group was overwhelmingly white.

People do talk about being unrepresented, or underrepresented in MEDIA, of which MtG is a part of.
To give a real example that's currently happening, whitewashing in movies. Look at the last dozen or so major hollywood movies set in China or Japan, who many of them had white actors as the lead? To give you a hint, The Great Wall is coming out, and the guy one the posters is not Chinese.

You on the other hand are complaining that it's not enough that all of the major characters in the last set were white, there were black people in the background.
>>
>>48739191
>Hollywood

Why would you even watch that? Watch an actual Chinese production. It will be a hell of lot less gay.

The idea that Hollywood is in any way out to make anything "white" is hilarious though.
>>
>>48738991
On the flip side I can almost guarantee you'd use the not!africa excuse if they shoved a bunch of whitey's in a plane that's based off sub-Sarahan Africa.
>>
>>48739228
Hollywood is out to make the female actors white, and the male actors black.
>>
>>48738766
>Who is Othello
>>
>>48739245
They shouldn't be planes, we've already touched on this. Planes should be diverse. Parts of planes should be the focus of sets.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>48739245
Looking through Mirage, most of the cards are pretty ambiguous. Lots of black people. But there is still some clearly white people.
>>
>>48738766
How is it forced? You and everyone else keeps saying how it's "blatant pandering" and "forced diversity" with very little of you actually articulating why. The closest I've seen to coherent reasoning is the fact they hired a consultant, which I'll concede is fucking idiotic; but the rest of the time it's just been yelling with no actual arguments. Creative fiction isn't beholden to being an identical replication of life or culture. Inspiration is not, and has never been a 1:1 recreation. Similarly, not a single WotC rep has gone on the record saying "we made innistrad mostly black aren't we so progressive." They've merely shrugged and not made a big fuss out of it. Which brings me to another point, for all the yelling and screaming around here about the SJWs very few times have I seen the biggest fuss coming from the SJWs (and most of the time I do see it its on /v/ which makes sense, video games are a bigger market than board/card games) It's almost always reactionaries like you who just spout off memes without backing themselves up.
>>
>>48739228
Because America has more asian actors than china has white actors.
And Chinese productions at least have white actors to represent the American or European side in their movies, even in basically propaganda films like Ip Man.

>The idea that Hollywood is in any way out to make anything "white" is hilarious though.
they aren't out to make things white, they are unwilling to let film leads be asian, so they force in a white main character even for films set in asia.
This was also the case for blacks for a LONG time, and they still get less lead parts than their demographic would be.
Which of the Avengers who have their own series are black? DC universe?
But they should be happy with having black supporting characters. While people like you get upset that there are black background characters, because that's pushing an agenda and nothing you think is an agenda.
>>
>>48728724

Yeah, but that set was cool as fuck.

Now we've got characters that are literally pavement monkeys in shitty urban wear rather than awesome African bros.
>>
>>48739301
There's several different empires and peoples in Mirage.

There's also the fact that Mirage was before strict art direction and in the era of artist driven artwork.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 312x445px)
image.jpg
86KB, 312x445px
>>48739355
Yeah. It looks like most of the Suq'ata are white.

Still, it is a bit odd.
>>
>>48729618
She was pretty sexy in the arrow tv series but they removed her from the series when the skwad movie was finished even though she did it better
>>
>>48739331
>flavor text on few minor cards and one couple in a few side stories are gay
SJW PUSHING GAY AGENDA BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

>DnD video game has one npc who mentions in one line of dilague if you talk to them a bunch that they are transgender
SJW PUSHING TRANNY AGENDA BLAAHHHHH.

there is shit which gets to silly and dumb levels. Like the Wrath of the Rigtheous adventure path in which the two couples present are an interracial lesbian couple where one is transgender and the other is an interracial gay couple. That's legit pushing shit in your face.
But people cannot seem to differentiate between that and minor inclusion that does not hurt the plot.
>>
>>48739191
The director of The Great Wall is Chinese and he has publicly stated Damon's character wasn't ever intended to be chinese
>>
>>48739422
Also, the movie is primarily intended for China and even being touted as the most expensive Chinese film ever. It'll be released in China literal months before the USA
>>
>>48739422
I don't actually have a problem with that movie, it looks decent.
But... 37 ronin: Starring Keanu Reeves as are hero. The Last Samauri: Starring Tom Cruise as our hero. etc.

One movie isn't a problem, that one movie can be fine. As a trend it's a problem.
It's like the Bechdel Test, it's not a good test for an individual movie on whether female characters are given significant parts outside of love interests. For example Gravity fails this test. But across a population of movies can reveal trends.
>>
>>48739385
I think they are supposed to be a sort of berber-like people.

As I said, though, back in the Mirage day, they'd give the artist some general idea of what they were going for and then just use what they were sent. Pros and cons. I like the grittier, more realistic look of a lot of oldschool cards. But on the other hand, there's lots of bad artwork and even ridiculous artwork. I think Mirage actually has some of the worst.
>>
>>48739524
Keanu Reeves is halfbreed Asian. Tom Cruise is an American advisor to Japan in an era when the Japanese were importing (mostly European) advisors to modernize. I think the Last Samurai is a dumb movie, but did you even see it?
>>
>>48739551
I should have specified, that Keanu Reeves, the man is half Asian.

Tom Cruise's character in the movie in question is an American (he is too).

I really hate Hollywood, but come on.
>>
>>48739524
The Last Samurai is also justified in that it's historically inspired, to be fair

And it's not just white people that do this. Korea, Japan and China *love* casting each other as villains and themselves as protagonists
>>
>>48739603
>The Last Samurai is also justified in that it's historically inspired

Except that the guy Tom Cruise is playing is supposed to be French and not American.
>>
>>48739658
It's still not quite as absurd as a bunch of writers sitting on a cubicle and saying GUYS WHAT IF WE MAKE A MOVIE ON JAPAN AND CAST A WHITE PERSON AS PROTAGONIST
>>
The Last Samurai is a story about an America advisor who "goes native" in Japan. It is not a very good or original movie, but there is nothing wrong with the casting at all. Also, the title does not refer to Tom Cruise's character.
>>
>>48739551
I did, it's making a story about conflict a major historical conflict within Japan, about a white guy.
Oh, it's historically inspired, though inaccurate there >>48739658
but it made the focus of a Japanese story about a white guy.

Same with Keanu in 37 ronin. It's still part of a trend of not having asian actors getting lead roles even in films set in Asia about Asian stories.

To give a different example. Individually each of the many many superhero films aren't supermonochrome and pushing out non-white actors. Most are pretty good.
But then you look at the spread, and out of all of those, who many with a solo lead have a non-white lead actor?
Only Catwoman.
Now there is a problem, even if taken individually none of those movies were problems in regards to racial representation.
>>
>>48739729
No, that is a quite normal method telling a story, through the eyes of an outsider, often of the culture of the viewer.
>>
>>48732286

I'm convinced that the devs forgot Mirage block exists
>>
>>48739734
No, the problem is that, at least part of the reason it got the green light to be made was that it had a white lead.

It's not like >>48739729
>729 put it.
It's them going "I don't know if there will be an audiance for this movie because people won't be able to relate to it/the lead" to scripts set in Asia UNTIL they get one that has a white protagonist.

They go out to write a story with a white protagonist, they just keep deciding not to make the movie until one comes along with a white protagonist. Which is why they individually make sense, but result in a trend that means that Asian actors don't get to be leads in movies even when they are set in Asia.
>>
>>48739763
Probably not, its more like they forgot Dominaria exists. Kaervek got a card in the last Dominarian set, and Teferi got another card in the 2014 Commander set.
>>
>>48725809
waller would be W/B/U

>>48727859

Innistrad is kinda like that - everything is generally black/something else, like how Zendikar had lots of blue.
>>
>>48739748
That is because of the source material. In the MCU for instance Black Panther and Luke Cage are about to get a movie and a show respectively. On DC's part Aquaman's actor isn't white and they actually changed the character for that, and there's also probably going to be a Cyborg movie if the DC movies don't go belly up before
>>
>>48738896
Neah, $80-$100 max.
>>
>>48739954
>That is because of the source material
except that in most cases the race is actually not an important part of the source material character.

And the reason they were all white in the source material, is that a lot of those comics date from a time when publishers were against having black main characters in comic books.

Individually the arguements make sense for each story, but then you get the spread and holy fuck there aren't any black lead actors. NOW there is starting to be some change to that, but it took a long time. Not as long as it took for there to get some change in the comics, but it's the twenty first century, it shouldn't have taken this long.

But that's not my main problem, not even a big problem. And I'm mostly fine with them working to fix it now, just get a little faster on that please.

No my problem is asshole complaining about there being black characters in the fucking background as if it's some sort of terrible agenda pushing.
All of the lead characters are still white, but having black characters in the background or heaven forbid supporting characters, is a real legitamate problem of overrepresentation. But non-whites complaining about being underrepresentation when they don't have any lead characters is totally unreasonable.

It's the fucking hypocracy of that shit that I've got the big problem with.
>>
>>48732311
Ravnica explicitly has 11 distinct cultures. All the guilds have taken their chunk of the world city and, over time and through whatever means of conquest they have, have enforced their culture on their holdings.

It's kind of cyberpunk dystopian in that way, but magic-y.
>>
>>48728009
>representation
Now there's a faggot word if I ever saw one.
Where are all the eldrazi players? The merfolk ones? Nowhere. So why would humans in the game need to represent human players? Fuck you
>>
Inevitable in the grimdark present of the multi-cult there is only war as various peoples jockey for primacy (representation) in the enforced mono-culture.
>>
>>48739331
Innistrad has lesbians. Were lesbians a part of the civilization that Innistrad is based on?
Surely, they were. Although lesbians were not allowed to practice their orientation, lesbians existed in Europe anno 1 500.
Innistrad has witches and ghosts. Were witches and ghosts part of the civilization that Innistrad is based on?
Yes, they were. Although the concept was a product of imagination, people in the medieval and Reneissance age burned thousands (millions?) of "witches" on stakes, and many believed in ghosts and other horrors.
Innistrad has niggers. Were niggers part of the civilization that Innistrad is based on?
No. They were not. So why are they in Innistrad? Because some SJW in WotC decided to put them there because muh equality, despite being completely out of place.

Now, rather than changing the subject ("Why do you care about it anyway?"), try instead to make a compelling argument for why niggers should exist in Innistrad.
>>
>>48738882

You are aware Innistrad is a planet with more than one continent, right?

Part of the lore is across the sea they have weretigers and shit, and I'm willing to guess Innistrad's black citizenry, who have been around since the original block, are descended from people who came from there long ago. Probably because there were more angels to fight back the dark over on this continent or something.

>>48739012

>Making it seem like a majority

What, all 11 cards with black people in the art in the entire two-block set?

>>48743135

Set-up to remind people that Innistrad is a planet, not a single continent, so there is already precedent if Innistrad 3 features the other continents on the planet with their weretigers and other assorted occult stuff.
>>
>>48735788
Nahiri is not mad, she is evil.
>>
>>48738967
>Black continent explorations
>Epic mediteranean warfare
>Age of discovery
>Venetian intrigues
>Silk road adventures

There really are a lot of settings that can have black feel right at home and not as PC pandering. In fact shoving them into Gothic Horror is a massive disservice to black culture because it robs them of the horror setting where they're protagonic Appalachian Intrigue/Southern Gothic.
>>
>>48739245
That wouldn't happen because whites don't desserve representation according to the PC brigade. Tarkir didn't have a single white person, but it still had negros.
>>
>>48737612

It's /tg/.

Of course people here are autistic enough to get upset about it.
>>
>>48739928
>U
Why?
Intelligence is not blue. Waller is a master strategist and plot magician on Batman levels, but she's not a scientist or a nerd.
>>
>>48740118
Guilds aren't different cultures, that's like saying a plastic surgeon from malibu and an enviromentalist from santa monica are from different cultures.
>>
>>48745541
They really are, if you go deep enough into a guilds territory you might as well be in a different country.
>>
>>48745416

Bullshit there were no white people in Tarkir. Does Anafenza Foremost look Asian to you? This blue-eyed chick? Arashin Foremost? Dromoka Dunecaster?

On the other side, there are only one or two cards I could see that might be viewed as black people, but if you viewed any of the above as asians you should probably also view said cards as tanned asians.

I'm not saying you're jumping at shadows, but that's exactly what I'm saying.
>>
>>48745499

U is also about trickery and preparation through knowledge as much as nerdery, as well as "taking control" of others - Waller tends to run organisations that are also really akin to Dimir, which is U/B. In fact I'd say Suicide Squad is basically a U/B group.

Waller is in a sense split between her U/B clandestine shit like that, and he W/U stuff in the government.
>>
>>48745563
Same as if you go from New York's downtown to Kansas City outskirts.
It's still the same culture with added regionalisms and local traditions.
>>
>>48745723
Those are clearly arabic.
>>
>>48743135
>inordinately obsessed with racial representation in a pastiche fantasy setting

Why do you care so much?
>>
File: Anafenza-the-Foremost.jpg (89KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
Anafenza-the-Foremost.jpg
89KB, 1024x743px
>>48745950

There are a number of arabic Abzan cards.

This does not look like one of them to me.
>>
>>48736903
Both? Its interesting design space and some of us like dinos more than hydras as Green Iconics

I also really dig neolithic as a fantasy setting
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (83KB, 1538x1078px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
83KB, 1538x1078px
>>48730864
Chandere is leaving!
>>
>>48747325
is chandere still here?
>>
>>48727859
Im not sure why this angers you. Who gives a fuck? Im sure Fiora is a cosmopolitan enough place that kinds of motherfuckers live there.

I dont like her hair though. How hair is styled is specifically a cultural thing, and her hair says, "I am from 21st century america" and that pulls me out of the fiction
>>
>>48745950

I would have said Mayan if you'd asked me, nothing really arabic about what I'm looking at.
>>
>>48745723
Those you mentioned and your pic included are turks/turkic people.
>>
>>48739748
>superhero films
>pretty good
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>48725809
WE WAZ AZZAZZINS 'N SHEEITT!
>>
>>48746901
>What is Lebanon, Lybia, Armenia, etc.
Not all arabs are Mohammed and Ahmed.
>>
File: 1467245953509.jpg (343KB, 750x779px)
1467245953509.jpg
343KB, 750x779px
While we are complaining about sj pandering, anyone else disappointed they toned how sexy Liliana is? She's not even showing any thigh anymore.
>>
>>48748856
We've come a long way.

Soon they will give Jace blue arms and chandra is going to get BUFF.
>>
>>48725809
man this card is shit
>>
>>48736946
Seriously underboated post.
>>
File: 1467041611050.jpg (330KB, 1028x719px) Image search: [Google]
1467041611050.jpg
330KB, 1028x719px
>>48748904
Toned down* how sexy Liliana is.

Thanks brain for making me look like an idiot. At least Gisela snuck some thigh.
>>
>>48748856
>Toned down
>Dem boots
>dat decolletage
>dat choker
>dem gloves
Sure she's not full on bikini armor like in >>48748904 but come on man tell me you don't want her to sit on your face and I'll call you a goddamn liar.
>>
>>48748856
She looks pretty fucking stylish.
>>
File: 1.jpg (30KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
30KB, 450x320px
>>48738991
>black-skinned female vikings
I can only get so erect, anon.
>>
>>48749442

Also, multiple outfits per planeswalker is just good stuff
>>
>>48748856
Those laced boots are god tier

Arguably as good as the other best liliana art: defiant necromancer.
>>
>>48749541

The only snazzy bit of metal on black chick card art I am aware of is Scholar of Athreos.

I to await more weapon and metal helmet using black ladies.
>>
>>48739191
Sorry they aren't attaching Matt Damon to be diverse they are doing it to make money.
>>
>>48739343
White washing is a stupid term. The companies will do what makes them the most money. I bet you are mad at the ghost in the shell movie but though attack on titan was brave for making all the white people asian.
>>
>>48749755
>>48749541
Based
>>
>>48746901
Youre fucking racist dude. You should grow the fuck up and learn what the rest of the world is like. I cannot even begin to handle the amount of whiteness that is your life if you think all these people are "white". Fucking check your priviledge for you because youre too much of a shitlord to do it yourself.
>>
>>48732078
It's an uncommon joke but I like the historical pedigree to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (686KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
686KB, 1280x960px
>>48748856
She's still sexy as fuck.

Anyone else notice that she has a little Daisy Ridley going on in the face?
>>
File: image.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>48749353
You mean Lightning?
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 747x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 747x450px
>>48749755
Was Eldritch Moon not good enough for you, anon? Pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 768x432px
>>48750969
Hmm. Maybe this is a better pic.
>>
>>48748856
Oath of Liliana is the prettiest she's ever been, so I don't really care about the sexiness. An erotic ugly girl is worse than a chaste cute girl.
>>
>>48728530
Implying the majority of autismos on /tg/ represent the MTG community as a whole.
>>
>>48738849
>a setting with dragons can't have realism
Morons continue to use this failed argument?
>>
>>48750985

No hats on black ladies.

She does have an awesome horse.

Also, you seem to imply that there is a limit on black people I should respect.
>>
>>48752019

Also. here's one that can take on a bear with her dogger.
>>
>>48752029
>Braids
So much for avoiding stereotypes
>>
>>48752065

Braids are pretty common across many cultures.

You got long hair, you make a braid.

Hell, the Campaign of Vegance feature boths fantasy!NorthernEuropean ethnicity and fantasy!Aftican ethnicity braided buns.

Or whatever it is.

I don't care that much about how hair is done.
>>
>>48739331
>reactionaries

Marxist/libtard, please leave and stay gone.
>>
>>48752065
>Braids
>On a hunter
And?
>>
>>48752065
There are braids on elves as well. What of it?
>>
File: gdone.gif (390KB, 1224x740px) Image search: [Google]
gdone.gif
390KB, 1224x740px
>>48725809
Kaya is the Malaysian word for COCONUT JAM.

Haha

is this card real?
>>
>>48752817
What the fuck is coconut jam and why isn't it in my belly yet?
>>
>>48732311
Ravnica makes sense though, if anything should have one giant monoculture it should be the all city world, globalization baby
>>
>>48750782
Anyone and their mom look like Daisy Ridley nowadays.
Oh wait no, they don't. Shut up you thirsty /tv/ fags.
>>
>>48745223
You can be mad, insane AND evil.
>>
>>48748856
She was cold. Innistrad is cold. It fucking made Garruk put on clothes.
>>
>>48752873
But it is anon, Coconut Jam is semen
>>
>>48727859
I'm pretty sure this is just WOTC trying to be hip and cool with the kids of today.
>>
>>48725809
So Conspiracy spoilers when?, Today, this Monday?
>>
>>48754231
Why isn't it in my belly tho?
>>
>>48754231
Oh, so no one receives your coconut jam.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>48754284
> hip with the kids
Pic related senpai.
>>
>>48755328
I just realized that flavor text totally sounds like Obama the Card.
>>
>>48748904
>>48748856
So we went from "average bimbo you can see on shitty browser game's ad" to "femme fatale"

I don't really see the problem here
>>
>>48735788
Resolving the problem would make a fun block...
>>
File: heard you was talking shit.jpg (451KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
heard you was talking shit.jpg
451KB, 750x450px
>>48737066
I think you mean WBR.
>>
File: Sorin on board wipes.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sorin on board wipes.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>48735645
In fact, let's pull up a Sorin quote on destroying planes right now!
>>
>>48738766
And not the Asian mad scientists? What is it with you /pol/ types?
>>
>>48738938
What? Solomon motherfucking Kane spent fucking forever roaming around Africa to smite evil with his African jujuman homeboy.
>>
>>48740150
Look at this faggot, only playing magic with players from his home plane.
>>
>>48735645
Chandere, is that you?
>>
>>48763627
More than one people can hate your shitty waifu.
I'm more mad about her killing Avacyn and molesting Emrakul than whatever happened to Sorin.
>>
>>48728009
>Close to no black people play magic
There are shitloads of black people that play Magic. There are no women though. In my entire life I have probably met no more than five biological females that played Magic. I would hazard there are only slightly more women playing Magic than trans people.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.