[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Murderhobos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1470817552884-2112392224.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1470817552884-2112392224.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>Create fascinating NPCs with true depth and character for the PCs to meet and quest with
>Party devolves from innocent adventurers stumbling into heroism to straight up murderhobos killing for gold
>No longer feel the party is worthy of the company not even the privilege of meeting these NPCs

Sigh.

Pig unrotated
>>
maybe you're just a shitty dm
ever think about that
>>
>>48720016
maybe your NPCs weren't as deep and fascinating as you thought they were
>>
>>48720037

Maybe, I could be shit and the reason every role-playing opportunity turns into memespouting is because the world isn't good enough to warrant taking seriously. Maybe they're just childish. I'm not sure.

As for the NPCs being shit, maybe, but they haven't met them yet. They followed a side quest plot hook and instead of saving a village from a witch they set it on fire. Which is fine, but DMing for people who are bored with anything other than slaughtering innocents gets repetitive.
>>
>>48720099
Punich 'em. Make their reputation bad. Have the villagers of every town they go into form angry mobs against them for being senseless murderers.

Evil comes with a cost. If your players decide to try and take over the land, fine. If they just kill people, they're going to wind up in a bad situation.
>>
Holy shit, first time I see a bait thread and actually recognize it as such.

I must have levelled up.
>>
>>48720099
>Maybe, I could be shit and the reason every role-playing opportunity turns into memespouting is because the world isn't good enough to warrant taking seriously. Maybe they're just childish. I'm not sure.

Have you considered that it could be both, that your incompetence as a DM is making their stupidity worse and vice versa? It is a cycle anon, now try to break it!
>>
>>48720279
He literally used "Sigh" anon, it's really fucking obvious
eventually you stop caring that it's bait
>>
>sigh

Is it me or does that just make seem more pretentious? 5/10 bait btw
>>
>>48720016
Kill them back.
Blood for blood.
They put one of yours in the hospital, you put one of theirs in the morgue.
Stop coddling your players.
You have no one but yourself to blame for them turning into ultraviolent shits.
>>
>>48720016

Give us the story. The full story. So we can judge.
>>
>>48720279
Roll 1d8 and add you Constitution bonus as HP for the new level.
>>
>Create fascinating NPCs with true depth and character for the PCs to meet and quest with
>meet and quest with

GMs who run DMPCs deserve all the shit that happens to them.
>>
>>48720016

You're the DM. You can literally pick up pieces of the setting and plop them down in the direction the PCs have headed.

If the players didn't meet your NPCs, it is your fault for not moving the NPCs. If you are so utterly inflexible that the PCs will only meet these people if they follow a specific and entirely arbitrary path, then the best players in the world could still miss them.
>>
>>48723875
Entitled player detected.
>>
>>48723948

Nope, as a DM, GMPCs are shit. Sometimes there's not really a way out, I've had groups who will recruit or 'recruit' a character without wanting to play them.

But they're bad for the game. You have enough shit to deal with before considering playing a character as well.
>>
>>48720016
>>No longer feel the party is worthy of the company not even the privilege of meeting these NPCs
Do you even read yourself while you're writing? Do you realize how much of an irredeemable stuck up wuss you sound like?
>>
>>48723987

When I run a GMPC, it's a helpless character there to give advice and always as their employer. In one campaign, it's an old PC of mine who's now sitting at home and guiding them through use of a magic mirror when they choose to call on him.

The more they use him, the worse the ending. They don't know that. Making him use magic is the worst, because he's a planeswalker and the other NPC they're also working for is already suspicious and willing to get murdery.
>>
>>48725825
>bait NPCs
I already get enough of this mechanic in vidya, can we also not get it in tabletop?
>Oh, for doing this obviously good thing you suffer a terrible consequence that you could have never foreseen! Isn't this great storytelling?
It's a great way to get your players to never use any resource you give them again.
>>
>>48723840
>shitposters get d8 for HP

I could swear they roll d12 at the least.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.