[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delta Green

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Delta Green Cover.jpg (341KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Delta Green Cover.jpg
341KB, 1536x864px
So I got my copy of this last week, but haven't seen any discussion on it here.
Anyone else get it yet? What are your opinions? Have you run any adventures yet? What do you like that's new, and what don't you like?
Personally, I'm kinda annoyed they provided this huge section on various federal departments, but don't have any monsters or basic cultists statted. I mean, I get not statting big things like the various deities, but why not give us something for Deep Ones, Yithians, Mi-go and the such?
>>
File: sad.jpg (25KB, 249x213px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
25KB, 249x213px
>>48711681
>Case Officer's Handbook still doesn't have a release date
>>
>>48711681
Because this book is strictly the base rules that will always be used. Magic won't always be used, and I have yet to run an actual game that uses a preexisting mythos creature.

The Case Officer's Handbook, now re-titled "Delta Green the RPG" will contain all of the GM stuff, magic, faction info etc. I for one really like that the big federal government section is included, helps with immersion and for players to know just what their "FBI" agent can actually do.

I ran a game of it at Gencon last week, players loved it none of them had tried the new system yet. A few of them knew old DG.

As far as creature stats go, I don't expect Owl Bear stats in the PHB. I assume a lot of the people playing this right now are either already invested in old DG/Call of Cthulhu and have stats or are the kind that will make their own monsters.

This is now a /ysg/ thread
>>
>>48711756
I went to the panel last week, it's supposed to be out early next year.
>>
File: 1441452621171.jpg (452KB, 1158x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1441452621171.jpg
452KB, 1158x1600px
>>48711899
Fair enough. This is my first time with Delta Green, but I'm a big fan of Call of Cthulhu, and it was just weird not seeing that much in it for GMs. Suppose I'll have to wait for Case Officer's Handbook (I thought it was just a slightly expanded version of the PHB)
>>
Got my GM screen and copy of Need to Know a few days ago, the GM screen is seriously comfy.

Haven't played any games yet but I've been familiarizing myself with the new system since they started putting out early drafts and this is easily one of the best things I've seen in a while. Can't wait to use it.

>>48711681
The reasoning behind it might be that the Agent's Handbook is for just that, Agents, so you're probably only getting information that is relevant to the players. CO's Handbook will probably have stats for enemies. I've only glanced through the pdfs because I'm holding out for the dead tree versions though so I'm not 100% sure of what is in either book.
>>
>>48711681
>Why aren't there stats for monsters in the player's book?

You're retarded. It's the same reason this book doesn't get into the split between The Group and The Program, or what happened to MJ12; that's GM information.
>>
>>48712037
I think that was the original plan, but from what what the designers said it sounds like it's going to be a massive book.
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to run The Star Chamber?
>>
File: Absolutely Stressful.png (199KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Stressful.png
199KB, 600x450px
>>48712116
I mean, Call of Cthulhu has GM and player information in the same book. So does Dark Heresy, and a bunch of other similar games. I was just confused why this one doesn't.
>>
>>48711681
You DO get that this is the agent's handbook, not the handler's guide? It's all player facing material. NPC stats would be wrong there.
>>
>>48713318
Maybe go cry to a DH thread then?

CoC has always had a core book that players never need open, and an Investigator's Companion that includes occupations, skills, and era information.
>>
>>48713645
Yeah, I'm getting that now. It's like DnD's player handbook and DM's handbook. It just through me off because, out of all the games I've played, DnD is the only one to do that.
>>
File: An Average Session of CoC.jpg (378KB, 635x895px) Image search: [Google]
An Average Session of CoC.jpg
378KB, 635x895px
>>48713716
>CoC
No, no it doesn't. I own CoC 6th edition. It has stuff for both players and GMs.
>>
>>48711899
On this note, and to bump the thread, what are some custom monsters you have made /ysg/?
>>
>>48715090
>/ysg/
gb2SCP
>>
>>48715190
>>48713716
>>48712116
So salty you must be posting from R'lyeh.
>>
>>48715190
What?
>>
>>48715090
While not technically a monster, an AR based app that's use will lead to sections of our world meshing with Carcosa, or at the very least people that get processed with the surrounding environment, it's not immediate more of a subtle thing. I'm still working out the metaphysics of how I want it to work.
>>
Does anybody have pdfs or epubs of the Delta Green fiction?
>>
>>48716240
There's 5 stories from Failed Anatomies on Unspeakable!
>>
>>48716120
That's pretty cool. Nice way to mix the modern with the Mythos.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.