[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - SPACE TURTLE! Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 38

File: Ghtroc 720.jpg (675KB, 1088x994px) Image search: [Google]
Ghtroc 720.jpg
675KB, 1088x994px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>48654294

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
File: 50 Shades of Rey.jpg (49KB, 428x960px) Image search: [Google]
50 Shades of Rey.jpg
49KB, 428x960px
>>
>>48698978
There's a thread over on /aco/ for that sort of thing, you know
>>
>>48699103
/aco/ is the only thing more tumblr cancer than /co/mblr.
>>
Are there sith rituals that required massive organic sacrifices like chaos?
>>
>>48699218
While that's certainly generally true, I haven't noticed any of that in the /swlg/, probably due to the population overlapping with this thread more than with the/co/ one
>>
Sup /swg/. I'm about to play the ffg swrpg for the first time, and I was wondering how realistic is would be to make a Gunslinger/Assassin build to focus on crits. Would it be up to snuff? Or should I go with the Heavy and blow the shit out of stuff with automatic weapons. I have character concepts either way, but my group needs some kind of effective fighter character to bring it all together.
>>
>>48699380
I think either one should be fine, although with a Heavy I'd favor the biggest rifle I could get over a repeater. I feel like automatic fire is gimped in FFG Star Wars.
>>
>>48699380
Both of them work well, choose whichever one you like best. If you end up playing enough you could dip into both trees desu but FFG did a good job of making just about every class work well.
>>
>>48699380
That depends if your other group members are capable of subtlety at all. If they're sneakier, more likely to try and talk things out, then gunslinger is a far better choice simply because of concealibility; it's much easier to carry a pistol somewhere even remotely civilized compared to a full-on heavy blaster rifle.
If your group are stone cold psychopaths for whom every day is the North Hollywood Shootout, or the campaign is more paramilitary in nature (merceneries, privateers, ect), them you'd better come heavily armed
>>
So /swg/, I am debating buying 3 Kihraxz Fighters for Crack Shots. I'm debating, do I sell the fighters themselves, or do I attempt to make my first Scum list with them out of 3 Kihraxz?

What's the best Scum list someone could make with 3 Kihraxz? 3 Black Sun Aces with missiles? 2 Aces and Talonbane?
>>
>>48700069
Imperial Veterans has one in it, if you need anything from that
>>
>>48700069
With Wave IX coming out, the main advantage the Kihraxz will have over the Protectorate, is an illicit slot, missiles instead of torps (meh), a shield, and a knife-fighter dial instead of an arc-dodgey one.

That said, Kihraxz are actually good little ships. They pack enough firepower, are cheap (enough), and can be kitted out for a solid alpha strike. I like them for their ability to nicely fit into a 20pt or 24pt void in a list. And they work pretty well in Mindlink squads, since they're action bar is just a focus and target lock unless you give them EU or Vectored Thrusters (the latter is worth considering in Wave IX).

If you take Talonbane, I prefer Cloaking Device on him. EU is optional, Stygium makes for a hell of a joust for at least the first turn. In a mindlink, you can have him decloak into position and get an evade, something else focus and get him a focus token as well, he maneuvers and target locks and blows the target to dust. I'm actually looking forward to combining him with Fenn Rau.

Black Sun aces make good mindlink ships for 24pts, efficient crackshot ships, fairly solid Predator fighters for 26, or alpha strikes with Deadeye and Concussion/Homing + Guidance Chimp.

Cartel Marauders should be kept at about 22pts max.
>>
>>48700462
I needed 5 crack shots, and I already bought 2 copies of Imperial Veterans. I don't forsee myself wanting to get any more Defenders, as cool as they are.
>>
>>48700477
So how would you deck out a list of 3 Kihraxz? I could do 3 with Glitter, Predator, Homing Missiles, and Chimps.

That's basically an assured 4 damage on an initial flyby, followed by consistent damage output from then on via Predator and Focus.

Alternatively, I can do a build of Talonbane with Engine, Push, and assorted gear, and 2 Black Sun Ace wingmen.
>>
>>48700585
Then 3 Kihraxz should be ok. They're a decent filler, and the illicit slot gives them some customizability. Those, plus a Most Wanted, is probably one of the best starts to running Scum as you can get.
>>
>>48700585
Ah, carry on then.
>>
>>48700703
If all you've got to work with is three ships, the Talon with a pair of black sun wingmen outfitted for either a missile alpha strike, or predator, wouldn't be bad. But three is a little light... Keep in mind that Gaz, the other named Kihraxz, is of very questionable use due to no EPT.
>>
So is a list of 4 concord dawn aces with fearlessness and the title at all viable? Just jam them in there and do tons of damage?
>>
File: Cargo Empress Modified.jpg (1MB, 2185x2478px) Image search: [Google]
Cargo Empress Modified.jpg
1MB, 2185x2478px
>>48698900
Mega turtle, best turtle
>>
>>48700726
This guy here
>>48700780

Has my situation figured out. I play nothing but empire recently, but for a little (but not too much) variety, I plan to make no more than a single 100 point squad of the other 2 factions. (Otherwise i'd go broke, it's a rule i'm not willing to break, as it has been working well when it was "no-more 40k armies")

I already own at least 1 of every empire ship, but currently that's it. (my Rebels will be a single HotR box)

Basically, I'm not sure if I should buy 3 Kihraxz and keep them, or if I should buy 3 Kihraxz, take out a couple cards, and dump them on Ebay, so I'm asking what the best Triple-Kihraxz build is. Scum Aces should be coming out eventually as well.
>>
>>48700795

Going full "WITNESS ME!"? That has to work for some people. I mean, I'm not a ninja of all playstyles in X-Wing but I don't know of a lot of other jousting lists.
>>
File: Triple K list.png (109KB, 1297x658px) Image search: [Google]
Triple K list.png
109KB, 1297x658px
>>48700855
>>48700726
>>48700780

So how does this list look?

Also, does any wave 9 ship come with chimps? I only have 1 set but should probably get a second, or swap the tracer missiles to a failsafe on one.
>>
>>48700585

If you're looking at being able to tool around with some fun Scum lists, maybe go with two Kihraxz and a Hound's Tooth instead?
>>
>>48701045
the issue here is that I am looking to make a single scum list, and only maybe. Then, it's $45 vs $70 if I take a Tooth.
>>
>>48700968
Far as I know, only Punishing One and Inquisitor Tie have the Guidance Chips right now. Although you could always proxy them in a pinch. I don't believe any of the Wave 9 ships will have it.

That list looks good, but definitely no PtL on any Kihraxz. It simply doesn't have the dial for it, even with Engine Upgrade. I would go with either Predator, or Crackshot, on Talon instead. Vet Instincts is good, too. As it keeps him above other PS 9/10 pilots.

Finally, I know you're looking at not spending much, but if you've got Imperial and a Firespray, then seriously consider a Most Wanted box down the road. It's not too expensive, and it will flush out your scum with a pair of headhunters, a Y-Wing, and cards to run a scum Firespray.
>>
>>48701045
He's looking for that third crackshot.
>>
>>48701187
Tooth also has Crackshot, although the Tooth is almost triple the cost.
>>
>>48701173
I won't buy a Most Wanted, but I do have a friend who just bought one and has said that he won't buy a Firespray.

So what builds could be made with a Firespray and 3 Kihraxz?
>>
>>48700069
3x Black Sun Ace w/ Predator, plus Torkil Mux. Add 3 points of whatever seasoning you like.
>>
>>48701230
Now you're talking... If you've got a Firespray and buddy who is willing to give you the scum cards for it, you can make some good shit. Bona is a beast, and gets by without any need for target locks. Give him Vet Instincts, or PtL. Capitalize on EU for him, and double token him, or focus+boost. Kath is arguably the sleeper hit scum Firespray. She can produce some disgusting amounts of dice out of her rear arc if played well. And Emon is there if you like bombs.

This is a real basic 4-ship list utilizing 3 basic cartel marauders and a Mando merc:
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!119:140,-1,-1,61,-1,128:-1:-1:;138:-1,-1:-1:-1:;138:-1,-1:-1:-1:;138:-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
It lacks in PS, but makes up for it in 4 solid ships and a lot of arcs to dodge.

Alternatively there's something like this three ship build:
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!117:27,-1,-1,-1,-1,128:-1:3:;135:140,-1,128:-1:3:;138:-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
Kath has a lot of options, but this is a basic "PS 9 Kath with EU Glitter just in case", paired with a jousting Talon and fill in marauder. Kath with EU, PtL and a K4 Droid if your buddy parts with it, is also quite good... As K4 rewards repeated green maneuvers with a free target lock, and EU allows you to get that extra boost-bank in.
>>
This is probably the 40k experience talking, but i'd prefer that 2 Kihraxz have the same loadout.

Maybe this build?
Anything that could be done to improve it?

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!117:27,-1,-1,38,-1,108:-1:3:;137:140,-1,128:-1:-1:;137:140,-1,128:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>48701527
>>48701647
forgot to link.
>>
>>48698900
/swg/, what's the best star wars RPG?
>>
File: Selonian_city-EotESoF.png (330KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Selonian_city-EotESoF.png
330KB, 600x300px
So I was skimming Suns of Fortune last night when I got very intrigued by the Selonians weird stats and culture. They're like a race of determinators with ottertism.
After brainstorming what class would benefit from 3 agility and 3 will power I now want to play a Gunner-Ace/Force Emergent that's horrible at lying or dealing with other people; but fanatically devoted to his adopted den.

Would you tolerate selonians in an FFG RPG, or are they too furry ?
>>
>>48701647
>>48701656
Looks solid. I'd run it.
>>
>playing Galaxy of Heroes
Eeth Koth has a bunch of bonus shit when fighting droids
>try to find lore to support this
>find nothing
I guess it was just random
>>
>>48701930
Either WEG d6 or the FFG RPGs. d6 is great for its massive selection of source books (useful even if you aren't running d6) and simple gameplay, though some may find its Force mechanics a bit iffy.

FFG's stuff is the current RPG line and is also great, though starfighter combat needs houseruling or rules from one of the supplemental splat books before it's even remotely viable for PCs. Force mechanics are also pretty well-balanced if the GM knows what he's doing.
>>
>>48702377
I heard the current sw rpg uses collectable cards or some shit, is it true?
>>
>>48702442
No. There are decks of reference cards for the talents in each character class, but they aren't absolutely essential to gameplay. Everything you need is present in the books.
>>
>>48702503
cool, I'll give it a try then.
>>
>>48702442
They sell packs of reference cards as an extra, but it's not required to play. I don't actually know anyone who has bought them.

The one complaint that I do is around is that it uses custom dice. I like the way the dice work, since it disrupts the standard way people figure out probabilities and adds in some narrative flexibility, but some people get really vocal about it.

I have been enjoying the FFG game. The Edge of the Empire starter adventure kit is a good deal, since it comes with dice and one of the best opening adventures for an RPG that I've ever played.
>>
File: 1464636058698.jpg (46KB, 680x356px) Image search: [Google]
1464636058698.jpg
46KB, 680x356px
>>48698900
hey /swg/ i got a question
about 10 years ago i saw a race in one of the SWG books. it was a large size hairy bear/gorilla-like race. super muscled.

do you happen to know what it was? it wasnt a wookie. it was bigger. a playble race.
>>
File: uSWE4750cardfan.png (574KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
uSWE4750cardfan.png
574KB, 600x511px
>>48702442
They're just flashcards with rules references about specific character talents on them that are already in the books.
Purely optional purchase with original artwork. That you don't need to play the game, but can still buy if you have some disposable income burning holes in your wallet.
>>
>>48702567
There's downloadable PDFs of all the talent trees anyway so you can have all those talents beside your sheet, as well as fill out your tree somewhere it's a bit less fuckawful to actually track your progress
http://beggingforxp.com/2014/star-wars-talent-sheets/
They're kept pretty well updated with new supplements too and don't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the OP links despite being pretty useful
>>
File: Selonian.jpg (147KB, 736x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Selonian.jpg
147KB, 736x1108px
>>48702005
>Would you tolerate selonians in an FFG RPG

Why wouldn't I?
>>
do you think i could pair norra wexley with dutch vanders? or would it cost too much?
>>
slow day for star wars
>>
Forged in Battle has dropped.
Races are Kyuzo, Elom, Elomin and Shistavanen. I guess I might want to play a Kyuzo at some point, and I know some folks are excited for Shistavanen, but I don't think I know anyone who has ever said 'man, I can't wait to play someone from Elom.' Seems an odd choice.

So rather than focus on the negatives, what are the races everyone is looking forward to seeing that haven't turned up officially yet? Talz, Ortolan and Jawa for me.
>>
File: yub yub commander.jpg (163KB, 720x640px) Image search: [Google]
yub yub commander.jpg
163KB, 720x640px
>>48705161
Yub yub, Commander.
>>
>>48705161

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1XOIcCjHHkea2pVUUM4dFh6eUU&usp=sharing
>>
I have an ARC now, wat do?
>>
>>48705230
i was thinking about my previous post >>48703216
would that be a good idea?
>>
>>48705333
>>48703216
Dutch is pretty expensive, but that could be an interesting little machine.

I'm currently thinking of Thane w/ Sabine and bombs plus 2 bomber Ks, Braylen w/ R3-A2 trolling around, Norra going full troll w/ R2-D2, 3-PO, and tooling around with something else but I'm not sure which.
>>
File: be afraid.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
be afraid.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
>>48705206
>T-7 Ion disruptor

Its gunna fuck you up, then its gunna fuck up whatever is behind you with bits of your sorry arse.
>>
>>48705230
Where does people get hold of Wave IX ships now? Cons? Contacts?
>>
>>48705161
I know Jawas are more of a local populance than an actuall spacefaring race, but I really expected them to be in by now. As early as EotE core, even.
>>
>>48705669
I had a friend pick it up for me at Gencon
>>
>>48705161
>>48705206
proper scan when?
>>
>>48705206
>>48705809
Nice, thanks. Mind snapping pictures of the Signature Abilities?

>>48705874
If OP doesn't do it, who knows. Hard to tell what Neuromaniac is doing now with KAT the way it is, though many of the more recent, good but not great, scans have come from other people.
>>
File: SessionRecaps.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
SessionRecaps.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48698900

So I've been writing up session recaps whenever I finish a session; it helps keep me organized and gives the players something to reference when they forget what has transpired. Plus I enjoy writing.

So far I'm super pleased with how the campaign is going-- I'm eschewing an overarching plot and instead I'm letting the group do what they want to make cash. The Galactic Civil War plods on in the background, and I am really just trying to make the place feel alive and moving.

Anyway, just thought ya'll would be interested in the storytime.
>>
File: ARC170starfighter.jpg (84KB, 1040x480px) Image search: [Google]
ARC170starfighter.jpg
84KB, 1040x480px
So ARCs make me want to get into X-wing, hows this list? I know Biggs is generally liked and I'm a little bit in love with the squad name but does he fit when the other ships are already tough?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!206:193,184,69:41:26:;204:12,-1,184,60:41:26:;4:-1,59:-1:20:&sn=Pigs%20%27n%20Biggs
>>
I read both the Thrawn trilogy and the Dark Empire Comics.

What do you recommend i look into next? I'd appreciate if you could provide links or a pointer where to find the stuff you recommend.
>>
>>48706381

Jedi Prince.
>>
File: 1463346705047.png (100KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463346705047.png
100KB, 257x368px
>>48706389
>>
>>48706190
Nice read, but you should add a short bio fro all the PCs. Also, the two limb-losses over five sessions makes me curious how FFGswrpg handles limb loss. Does it happen a lot?
>>
>>48706599

Good point. The crew bio is another file.

FFG has a chart of Critical Injury; if the enemy both deals damage AND produces enough Advantage/Triumph to trigger their Crit Rating, you take a Critical Injury. You also take one if your current Wounds exceed your Wound Threshold.

One of the results on the chart is "crippled". I had two players unlucky enough to get that result-- the Wookie was on the receiving end of a vibro-axe, the other took a repeating blaster point blank.
>>
>>48706348
Biggs and Thane are a good tag team. I like the concept, but the specific upgrades could be changed. Nora might like push the limit with R2-D2 or BB-8, Biggs likes R4-D6, Thane likes stuff that gives him actions to take.
>>
>>48706631
How hard/expensive is it to restore/replace crippled limbs?
>>
>>48706707

If you just want a working prosthetic that is mechanically and functionally identical to your lost limb I think it runs between 5-8k? More if you want it to resemble a normal limb.

If you want an augmented prosthetic, that'll run you more than that.

So it bit into their profits for a mission or two but they're still banking rainy day money away.
>>
>>48706707

If you are talking an outright replacement, the books list fully functional cybernetic replacements at 2000creds a piece. That includes synthskin covering, so it would appear to be a mechanical replacement unless the skin is damaged.

Treating the critical wounds themselves are reasonably tricky (I'd imagine a roll against three difficulty dice, along with any situational mods) Medicine roll.
>>
>>48706703
So I was looking in the Astromechs for Thane and I had a great idea.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!206:-1,39,70:41:26:U.20;204:18,-1,184,148:41:26:;4:-1,77:-1:20:&sn=Pigs%20%27n%20Biggs
>>
>>48706931
heh, Expose/Saboteur, never seen that before
>>
>>48707145
I've seen Expose on Zuckuss (G-1A), with Experimental Interface and K4... It's a 6-die railgun with full Focus + Target Lock after a green 1-straight (and hilarious!). Also seen Decimators use Expose.

Sabateur though... Never seen that one used, ever.
>>
>>48707145
Well it was saboteur or Lando and I figured they were about the same value while Biggs is dead and Lando is bit redundant while Biggs is still kicking.
>>
>>48707337

I liked Lando paired up with Jan Ors, but this was back when you could spend two evade tokens on one attack.
>>
>>48706931

Wait, do you need those vectored thrusters if you have BB-8?

Why not chuck them and give Thane some Seismic Torps or something?
>>
>>48707466
Wait you can't? That's terrible, there's probably a good reason for it but it's till terrible.
>>
>>48707504
>do you need those vectored thrusters if you have BB-8?

If I'm not preforming a green manoeuvrer, but I did really want to squeeze seismics in...
>>
>>48706070
He wasn't making progress when KAT was up, we need a new hope.
>>
>>48702005
If someone has a problem with furry stuff in star wars they can take it up with chewie
>>
>>48707515

There really isn't. Further there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon that would make it overpowered either.

I think it was just them cleaning up some rules, can only spend one token per effect per attack/defense, but it still nerfed the Rebel evade token crew.
>>
>>48707466
Lando paired with Jan is good... But I've had a blast throwing both Lando and C3P0 together in a Falcon. The Ghost could work, too... C3P0 basically ensures that you will always have at least 1 Evade from Lando, and usually a focus with it. The best result is rolling two Focus, and ending up with an Evade as well because of it.
>>
>>48706381
The X-Wing novels. Legends' finest.
>>
>>48706389
>>48706501
Is it that shit?

Still looking for recommendations.
>>
>>48708822
its a kids book and really goofy fun, but its really not solid in actual storytelling. If you want to have a bunch of giggles over weird shit read it, if you're looking for good story don't.
>>
>>48708474

Uh, 3PO needs at least one evade dice to work doesn't he?
>>
File: katz.jpg (63KB, 195x262px) Image search: [Google]
katz.jpg
63KB, 195x262px
>>48708499
The X-Wing books are so adequately good that I'd almost suggest not to read them until you've read a lot of the other books, XW set a pretty high standard of quality throughout it's run and it makes a lot of the other books look like they were rushed out in one night.
>>
>>48708929
And Lando's ability has you rolling two green dice.
>>
>>48709137

Oh yeah, you can combine those two can't you?
>>
>>48709772
Yup! C3P0 specifically mentions "...before you roll 1 or more defense dice...", and Lando specifically mentions "Roll 2 defense dice."

It's a surprisingly awesome little combo that makes Lando's ability provide you with 1 Evade, or 1 Evade and 1 Focus, or 1 Evade and 2 Focus, or 2 Evade. And that's not even counting if you want to chance it and guess 1 Evade or go for broke and guess 2 Evade results.
>>
>>48705172
I'm probably in the minority here but I love the Ewoks and wish there was more of them.
>>
>>48708857
Yeah, i'm firmly in the good story camp.

That being said, I have read some of Young Jedi Knights in my teens and was wondering if that was something to start. Especially seeing how it ties in with the Yuuzhan Vong. Altough i've heard some very mixed opinions on both series
>>
>>48710272
>That being said, I have read some of Young Jedi Knights in my teens and was wondering if that was something to start.
I would say read them. They're pretty good, as long as you keep their YA nature in mind.
>Especially seeing how it ties in with the Yuuzhan Vong. Altough i've heard some very mixed opinions on both series
YJK has pretty much no tie-ins to the vong stuff, that's strictly one-way.
And since the vong books are trash, I'd really advise against reading them.
Just take the Hand Of Thrawn duology as the end of the old EU and you'll be much happier
>>
>>48699503
What? Autofire is the single most broken weapon quality in the game. It's a minor penalty to hit (+1 difficulty die) for unlimited extra hits with every 2 Advantage (1 if your GM is dumb enough not to houserule Jury-Rigging). AND you can either apply them to a single target or you can more down a room.

Shit's disgusting.
>>
Question on the Mastery upgrade for Bind in Force and Destiny. It says "f the check was not already opposed, the user may roll an opposed Discipline versus Discipline check as part of the pool." However, against powerful NPCs and other PCs force checks become automatically opposed. Does that mean that this Mastery upgrade is useless against Nemeses because the Resisting Force Powers rule is in effect?
>>
>>48711792
No, it just means that no mater what, you're doing an opposed check against the opponent's Discipline. So against weaker enemies, now you have a check to deal with. Against stronger enemies, the check either stays the same (if they're force sensitive and chose to use Discipline as their opposed skill), or it changes to being against Discipline (if they weren't force-sensitive or if they were and chose to use Resilience instead).
>>
>>48711074
>Shit's disgusting.
It really is. What makes it even worse is that most automatic weapons already do obscene damage and the only limit on extra hits is how many advantages you roll.My soldier has completely trivialized several encounters with my heavy blaster rifle and a good attack roll.
>>
>>48702005
I have a friend thats play selonians for the past 9 years. Ive seen it all pal
>>
Sup guys.

Im going to a tournament later this year, and tried this list today. I liked it, but it feels like something's missing.

What do you think?
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!135:57,141,108:-1:-1:;101:27,-1:16:15:U.-1,U.108;120:8,162,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>48702005
Accept furries as part of Star Wars and move on.
>>
>>48712299

Uh.

Um.

Well. Thats a

I

Jesus christ I can't think of a single positive thing to say about this list. Did you build this on the squadron maker that does all-random?
First of all Talonbane.
I've used him a couple of times, brought him to a tournement once or twice, and he's just bad. He dies way too easy and he doesn't have enough green on his dial for anyones liking. If I was going to play him at all, it'd be with Crack-Shot or Fearlessness when it comes out and that would be it.

Guri on the other hand is a really good pilot. But not in this configuration. VI puts her up to PS7, which still isn't that great and there's SO many better EPT's to give her than that. She doesn't need Intertial Dampners, she want's a Sensor Jammer though. EPT wise, Intimidation might be good, but let's go Attani Mindlink as it's obviously useful.

That leaves Kavil. Dorsal is fine (although I'd be tempted to replace it with Autoturrets and just get in and brawl with him.) replace Detirmination with that second Mindlink though.
You now have exactly 4pts to spend elsewhere.
A Proton and a Guidance Chip for Kavil?

Thing is, I can't imagine, even with these changes this list doing well against anything other than a very casual list being played by a hypoglycemic at two in the afternoon who hasn't had his lunch yet.

Barring catastrophic dice on their part: A Ghost in the Shell lists will shred you, anything with Ions will destroy you, you haven't the firepower to take on Palps Aces, Dengaroo will probably be tabling you by turn 5 or 6, Brobots won't let you touch them, although if you get lucky and kill one, Guri might survive a bit, Kavil will go down quickly though.
Factor in that there's going to be at least one game where the dice just desert you, then if you're lucky you MIGHT win 2 and lose 2, which might be enough to get you some free stuff?

Oh, and one thing you'll notice is Talonbane will die first.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE SO WE CAN FIX THIS.
>>
>>48712299
Put Guidance Chip on Cobra Commander
You could take Determination off of Kavil and give Guri a System Upgrade. Maybe FCS.
I'm actually not a big fan of Guri, to be honest. That 30 points could be better spent elsewhere, but that's just my autistic opinion.

Have a neat little Guri/Kavil list I like
Guri
-Attani mindlink
-Virago
-Sensor Jammer
Kavil
-Attani Mindlink
-Dorsal Turret
Palob Godhali
-Moldy Crow
-Attani Mindlink
Binayre Pirate
>>
How about we do a little X-wing experiment, and try to build 100 point huge ship lists?
>>
>>48712226
I took autofire off the heavy blaster rifle. It's the perfect storm of man-portable yet high damage. From there, you can either increase the advantage cost to 3 (making it so that Jury rig only makes it somewhat disgusting) or limit the number of extra hits you can get total (2 or 3 max) and on a single target (2 absolute max).
>>
>>48712747
>PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE SO WE CAN FIX THIS.
Everything from scum, atleast.
>>
>>48712959

Like this?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!c=100!63:-1,-1,51,85,-1:12:-1:;93:-1,-1,160:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>48711074
I guess I've been playing in lower-power campaigns, then, because I don't see a lot of hits that have a lot of spare advantages to throw into abilities.
>>
>>48713032

You planning on getting the Protectorate Fighter?
>>
>>48713086
Not sure. Maybe. If I do, i'ld get 2.
>>
>>48713061
That looks pretty good actually. Figured 100 epic would be a lot easier for rebels, with the GR-75 being so cheap for a huge ship.
>>
File: swx55-kad-solus.png (256KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
swx55-kad-solus.png
256KB, 300x419px
>>48713111

Go for it. It's probably got the best Pilot Card art of this wave.

I mean jesus just look at this. It's like the box art for a Japanese Shmup from the 90's or something.

Okay. Lemme get cracking.
>>
>>48705874
I know this was forever ago, but could you post the 3rd specialization for soldiers? Thanks.
>>
>>48713061
Yeah, like that.
On a related note, a naked raider is exactly 100 points. I wonder how it'd do against some of the common 100 point lists out there
>>
>>48713153
>>48713111

Okay. Here's something I cooked up a few days back. It uses the Shadow Caster though.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!131:27,-1,17,173,174,178,-1:-1:25:;219:170,61,-1,-1:-1:28:;115:-1,194:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Firstly this Bossk build is someone elses, he was posting a few /swg/ how the things was like a fucking exocet missile against things like Palp Aces, and could reliably just shut down green dice and do 5 damage in return.

Asajj is there to vomit out stress tokens, and the Slicer is there to slice, to block and to generate psychological warfare.

But let's take those two out of the equation and work around Bossk a little differently.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!131:27,-1,17,173,174,178,-1:-1:25:;213:54,-1:-1:15:;115:-1,-1:-1:-1:;115:-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Old Teroch is sort of a Scum version of Carnor. Sort of. Nobody does the token denial game like Imperials do. A couple of headhunters for blocking, have Bossk punch out a high value target and then move on to the rest. Teroch can mess with Dengaroo a bit, as well as Triple U's and Palps Aces. Swarms might counter you, even if you should be one-shotting Howlrunner by turn 2.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!131:27,-1,17,173,174,178,-1:-1:25:;116:188,-1,-1,-1,-1,108:-1:-1:;115:-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Boba Fett with Fearlessness. Consider Tail Gunner for him if you have it instead of Intertials.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!131:27,-1,17,173,174,178,-1:-1:25:;123:135,1,-1,182:-1:25:;123:135,-1,-1,182:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

I call this one "The Shredder" Don't worry about Slicer Tools, Y-Wings have the health. Letts Razzi might prove problematic though. Have Bossk snipe anyone carrying her.
>>
>>48713386
I'd say it depends a lot on how good said list is at keeping itself within R1. Arvel Crynyd could potentially solo one with ease, as long as he manages not to get blown to funk on his way in.
>>
>>48713495

and lastly:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!131:27,-1,17,173,174,178,-1:-1:25:;215:188,-1:43:15:;215:188,-1:43:15:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Let's bring jousting back baby!
>>
File: Can't Wake Up.jpg (368KB, 800x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Can't Wake Up.jpg
368KB, 800x1224px
>>48706381
>Thrawn Trilogy
Yay, my work is paying off!

>Dark Empire
I'm sorry.

Also, I'd recommend the Han Solo Adventures (the pulpy trilogy from the late 70s, though AC Crispin's trilogy from the 90s is also good), The Courtship of Princess Leia if you enjoy Han Solo winning a planet in sabacc to impress Leia enough to marry him (also important if you want to read Wraith Squadron, which YOU DO), The Truce at Bakura if you like "Good" Imperials, political wrangling, and dinosaurs that transfer people's souls into battle droids (which actually works better than it sounds)

>>48708971
I'm inclined to agree with this. I'm waiting to wade through some shit before cleansing the palette with X-Wing. I'd also recommend holding off on the Hand of Thrawn duology because it serves as a nice capstone to the Del Rey era.

>>48708822
Do the words "Moffrence" "Trioculus" and "The Glove of Darth Vader" appeal to you? If you ever actually get curious, they're really short pieces of craziness, if nothing else.
>>
>>48713504
>take damage if you hit the huge ship
>destroyed if huge ship overlaps you in maneuver

Yea no
>>
>>48713673
Oh shit, I forgot about that rule completely. Then it gets a fuckload trickier.
>>
>>48712959
Hrm, interesting idea
I've got some idea in my head of a fat gozanti+cheap TIEs list. Any suggestions as to good upgrades?
>>
>Try to figure out wave IX release date
>One store says September
>Another says October
>A third says August
>>
>>48713792
>People at GenCon already have them

The FFG website says "on the boat" if that helps at all
>>
>>48713874
What I've been told in these threads is that "on the boat" is the least helpful status where products sometimes stay unexpectedly long. The Gencon release bodes well however.
>>
>>48713792
They always have advance copies at GenCon, but as for non-attendees there's really no telling
>>
>>48713081
Well, any starting character that's optimized for ranged combat is going to have at least a 4 in agility, maybe a 5 if they're cheesing it. Then they stack the max 2 ranks in Ranged (Heavy), rolling a total of 2 green, 2 yellow dice.

If they're close to you, you're going to fuck up their shit most of the time:

http://game2.ca/eote/?montecarlo=100000#proficiency=2&ability=2&boost=1&difficulty=2

If they're in cover, or farther away, then the odds go down somewhat, but honestly even at Long range you're still packing better than 1-in-4 odds of getting that 2 advantage you need to get another shot. That's independent of the odds of rolling a Triumph, which will work too.

And this is a character right out of the gate. There are mods that will give you more boosts, Talents like True aim that will give you a SHITTON of upgrades to the skill in question, upgrading said skill, rerolls...

Overall, I'm not really sure how you're not getting enough advantage to reliably activate weapon abilities. If that's the case, then your GM needs to rework his baddies, stop forcing newbie characters into sniper fights, or you and your buddies need to start putting XP into combat skills and Talent and credits into upgrading your gear with mods and attachments.
>>
>>48714232
Given how easy it is to go down this route, is it even worth it to try for crit focused characters? It seems to me with this, you're better off blowing holes in the enemy rather than going for talents like Lethal Blows.
>>
File: thetimeofmanisover.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thetimeofmanisover.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>48702005
I just played one in me and my buddies silly drive to gencon one shot. I played the selonian just like the otters from the episode of south park where cartman freezes himself and is unfrozen in the future.

"I WILL EAT THEIR ENTRAILS UPON MY TUMMY!!'
>>
>>48705206

I mean, the tables are nice, but I feel like most of them are useless without the actual descriptions. Cool options though
>>
>>48714550
Yes, if you have a sane GM who fixes autofire so that crit builds are viable. If not...yeah, autofire trumps everything thats not a lightsaber or vehicular weaponry.
>>
>>48713373

Word is it's just a reprint of Heavy from Dangerous Covenants
>>
>>48713373
I believe OP was just reposting a link posted on the forums and it's not really his pictures. I'm not saying it hurts to ask for stuff in case it is him or somebody else got their hands on the book from Gen Con, but just don't expect anything.

>>48714860
It is; was confirmed in one of the preview articles listing the specs.
>>
>special forces tie has no crew slot

FUCK
>>
Is it me or in X-Wing does the scum faction (the faction that seems to cost more to play) seem to have more of an edge over the rebels and imps?

I'm looking at the scum interceptor they're getting and its vastly superior to my tie interceptors.
>>
>>48698900
I'm pretty sure that ships not canon anymore
>>
File: Ghtroc 720.jpg (156KB, 1210x660px) Image search: [Google]
Ghtroc 720.jpg
156KB, 1210x660px
>>48715539
...and?
>>
For those interested, Continuation Adventure for TFA got posted today.
>>
>>48715036
But it's got a system slot, a tech slot, and an aux arc!
>>
>>48715947
I just wanted to put a tail gunner in it
>>
I want to DM Force and Destiny for the first time soon. Is it a bad idea to start off at knight level for my first time? My players are also pretty inexperienced with the system.
>>
File: 250px-Keagan1.jpg (16KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Keagan1.jpg
16KB, 250x300px
>>48716370
Yeah, I would recommend starting at the basic level of play. The starter adventure for FaD is supposed to be fairly decent, and good for getting new players accustomed to the system, so it might be a good idea to run them though that and then ask if they want to continue with those characters or create new ones for a knight level game.
>>
>>48715457
Since scum have been nigh unplayable outside of 2 IG-2000's up until a few months ago, I'd say FFG probably undershot their powerlevel to begin with and are trying to make up for it with ships that are really powerful like the JumpMaster and Protectorate Starfighter.

On release, Scum had 4 non-gimped ships: The IG-2000, Slave 1, Y-Wing, and Z-95. The HWK was alright for casual play, and the Starviper and Scyk were ridiculously overpriced. Wave seven got Scum one more playable ship, the YV-666. The Khiraxz fighter was again overpriced and not well suited for the meta. Wave 8 brought the Mist Hunter, an alright piece, and the JumpMaster, scum's first really good ship. The generic pilot is probably too good in all honesty, but it's really the only reason Scum has been seeing any actual play. Now with the Protectorate Starfighter and Shadowcaster we are probably going to see more Scum lists with more variation between them. Adding a new faction to a game is really difficult, and I think FFG did the best they could and are starting to right their wrongs towards Scum.

As to the Protectorates being superior to TIE Interceptors, they are both pretty similar. The Protectorate fighters cost 2 points more on average, but have 1 more hull. They also have a torpedo slot, but have target lock instead of evade. The Protectorate has access to its title and Fearless, while the Interceptors are better able to benefit from PtL. The Protectorate has Talon Rolls, but the Interceptor has a 5 forward and 5k. They are really just giving scum a ship that is more appropriately costed and kitted out than the first few were.
>>
>>48716503
Also, interceptors have the title for two modifications
>>
>>48716503
It should be noted that the problems with the Starviper's cost falls mostly with the generic pilots being severely overcostes.
>>
>>48716503
the problem with the jumpmaster is that it pretty much locks rebels out of being playable
>>
>>48717655
I'm expecting that whatever the Rogue 1 release for rebels is will make them highly competitive again.
>>
>>48714678
Though they're more like ferrets but whatever.
>>
>>48711074

I believe it's actually turn a purple die into a red die. I.e. a change that you spray wildly and your gun runs out of ammo with a despair.
>>
>>48710272
It does not tie into the Vong stuff, the Vong stuff is just a Snuff film made "staring" grimdark versions of the YJK/JJK kids
>>
>>48718944
Nope, auto-fire is an increase in difficulty, not an upgrade in difficulty. Second paragraph in Auto-Fire's description.
>>
>>48706707

Not too hard, but you do need a full surgical suite to attach them and get them working.

My Jedi Guardian lost his left arm in a lightsaber duel (the other guy lost his life) and I've just had the Mark IV (Brawn +1) arm installed.

For narrative/flavour sake he has also got his hand(s) on some beskar, and has created a lightsaber proof skin for the cybernetic (giving his armor the Cortosis quality) and thereby making his arm look something like Bucky Barnes' Winter Soldier one.

Just last night he installed a compartment to hide his lightsaber, so the total cost of the arm is now about 35000 credits.

Worth it.
>>
Which species is easier to rape into submission: Zeltron or Twi'let?
>>
>>48719297
Zeltron will get willing about halfway through it, so gonna go for them.
>>
>>48719297
Don't be a creep.

>>48719311
Dani, the very first Zeltron in the EU shows they're pretty hard to actually psychologically break. (At least if you've already taken someone they love away from them)

To the point they'll publicly advocate genocide of your entire goddamn species.
>>
File: 562.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>48719297
>>
Anyone have those old marvel comic pages where Han and wedge threaten to burn down an entire civilization if they don't stop fucking around?
I forgot to save them last time they were posted
>>
>>48713495
>>48713520

WEll then.
Thank you anon, i appreciate this alot.
>>
>>48720125

You're gonna want to sit down and playtest a lot of this stuff DESU. The 666's dial is not great, it's not for nothing that it's called the Party Bus.
But like it's Imperial counterpart the Lambda Shuttle, it's incredibly cheap for what you get.

How that particular combo works, keeping in mind that I'm paraphrasing from the original guy who came up with it, is this:

1)Homing Missiles negate Evade tokens and don't require you to spend your TL to fire them.

2)4LOM can be used to shut down any focus tokens the target has for 1 ion token.

>So, he's now without Focus or Evade tokens.

3) You roll 4 dice. You use the TL to reroll all but one eyeball or blank you get.

4)You Guidance Chimps that one blank or eyeball or whatever into a crit.

5)Opponent rolls his evade dice. You use Zuckuss to reroll all of his evade results. Take your stress with pride.

6) If you've done this right, even with Autothrusters and Palpatine, he still only gets 2 evade results.

7) You Bossk your crit into 2 hits. If you rolled well, this should give you 5 hits. Boom.

Spend the rest of the game taking green actions and relying on Dengars reroll.
>>
>>48720756
> 3) You roll 4 dice. You use the TL to reroll all but one eyeball or blank you get

Just reroll all of them, no point in keeping that around
>>
>>48720801

Thats for the Guidance Chips.
>>
Just finished reading Hull 721, and I want more.

Does anyone have links to any good fanfics from the Imperial perspective?
>>
>>48715539
im pretty sure your mother isnt canon anymore
>>
what's the best way to present equipment/weapons for players to buy in EotE?

It used to be easy enough by letting them have a look at the core book and shopping around etc but now with what, 8 extra books there is a lot of shit they don't know exists and therefore will never ask for/try to buy.

I was tempted to use photocopy the statline tables and put in book/page numbers so they can look them up with more detail but I'm not sure if the players should have perfect knowledge of everything in the game that their characters might not.

But then we're at the problem of: if they don't know the cool shit exists they'll never pursue it.

What do you guys do?
>>
How compatable with Age of Rebellion and Edge oft he Empire is the gear from Force and Destiny? If something explicitly requires force powers to use they'd spell that out right? Or is it all implied that you're a force sensitive character?
>>
>>48721606
>I'm not sure if the players should have perfect knowledge
This sounds like a perfect opportunity to use the rarity (Must! Not! Post! Ponies!) stat on equipment. Assemble the tables you're talking about, then redact anything above whatever rarity you think is appropriate. And if there is anything you want them to find that they wouldn't normally know about, just have it show up among options when they're shopping.
>>
Don't suppose anyone found where the anon upthread got those pictures of Forged in Battle from?
>>
>>48698900
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but is that thing missing a hyperdrive?
>>
I wasn't initially sold, but after seeing the model in person and playing with it, I love the ARC-170.
>>
File: 1356397894751.png (32KB, 290x300px) Image search: [Google]
1356397894751.png
32KB, 290x300px
>Found Luke/Thrawn mpreg
>There's a whole series of them
>>
>>48719461
I have em at home if nobody else does.

It was pretty fucking great. "We literally just saved your entire planet and now you're banishing us away from the very cure we brought back to your planet? Fuck that we'll nuke your stupid cure from orbit and leave you all to die slowly or outright BDZ you if you don't let Lando get cured."

The whole fleet aside from Ackbar, (even Luke!) agreed to double-down on the bluff. (If it even was a bluff)
>>
So I emailed Ansel Hziao the former fan artist who did the renders for the Essential Guide to Warfare, the decision to not make ANY images of the various Bellator Dreadnoughts was apparently from Editorial itself.
>>
>>48722414
Er, not to show any MANDATORS was a decision from Editorial. The Bellator was his compromise.
>>
>>48720816
Mathematically you would still be better off rerolling it. It gives you more chances to hit. What if you reroll into another blank? Even if they all reroll into hits, chips will still activate and turn a hit to a crit.
>>
Messing around with Wave 9, trying to come up with a good IG-88B + Moralo Eval list.

This is best attempt so far.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!109:18,36,23,-1,-1,128:20:15:;132:23,-1,191,133,174,192:-1:4:&sn=IG-88E
>>
>>48722580

yeah that's a good point.
>>
>>48712959

This is either genius or idiocy.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!c=100!150:95,-1,154,-1,-1,-1:36:-1:;49:136,126,-1,-1,28:-1:25:;49:136,126,-1,-1,28:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

You can also do 2 Deadeye Vets but you've got to ditch the Mines and only one of them gets Extra Munitions.
>>
>>48722696
>>48722620

...hmm, I'd forgotten about Iggy...

What about this as one last throw of the dice?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!131:27,110,17,173,174,191,128:-1:25:;109:140,36,-1,23,-1,128:20:15:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>48722738

One thing I like with Moralo is that his pilot skill matches IG-88. Just gives you the flex to move whoever you want first.
>>
>>48714732
How you go about nerfing autofire?
>>
>>48722756

Yeah, but their dials are so different that I don't think they're going to be stepping on each others toes that often.
>>
God dammit. Does anyone have a better idea of where the rules for shockboxing/combat sports are for Saga edition? I figured it'd be somewhere in Galaxy of War but I couldn't find it.
>>
>>48717928
Rebels won Ohio regionals against Jumpmaster bullshit, with a Wes, Biggs, and Corran list.
>>
>>48722912
> with a Wes, Biggs, and Corran list and balls made out of solid molybdenium the size of basketballs and dice rolls so lucky that he must secretly be regretting not spending that weekend at Vegas.

Fixed
>>
>>48722925
No, it's a great list and a player behind it.

>le Rebels are bad xD
This meme need to die
>>
>>48722925
The only thing needing fixing, is your inability to see how it works and beats the shit out of 3x uboat torps and Dengaroo. Wes shoots first with VI and either neuters Dengar's integral focus, or removes the focus on one of the u-boats. Either way, Biggs has to be the first target, but R3-D6 means he doesn't go down easy, or quick (even against two proton torps). And Corran is Corran. First engagement should see one of the uboats wrecked from the trio focus-firing, with Wes continuing to shut-down their R4 shenanigans and Corran being your closer.

The list also isn't any slouch against Imp Aces. Nobody likes being forced to lose their token, and then have Corran double-tapping hem.
>>
>>48723079
>Biggs has R4-D6
An actual fixt.
>>
File: Heavy_Laser_Cannon.png (117KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_Laser_Cannon.png
117KB, 194x300px
Played a game of X Wing last night and fielded a Firespray with the Heavy Laser Cannon, and I have a question regarding it as I may have confused it a bit.

Cannons only use your firing arc (and possible auxiliary in the case of the Firespray?), and Turrets and shit have a 360 degree angle, right? If so, I was grossly missusing the cannon, but none of my opponents who I perceived as experienced pointed it out.
>>
>>48723462
Cannons only ever use your primary (forward 90-degree) firing arc. *UNLESS something says otherwise (see reference YV-666 pilot Morallo Eval, who can use the auxiliary arcs as well). This means the Heavy Laser Cannon only ever fires out the front arc of the firespray.

Turret upgrade cards specifically allow you to fire at targets outside of your firing arc, when attacking with them. Primary Weapon Turrets (e.g. Millenium Falcon) have their primary firing arc as usual, but are allowed to fire at any target outside of their firing arc.
>>
>>48723531
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I'll remember that for next time.
>>
>>48723462

Pretty much what >>48723531 said. Cannons fire out of your front firing arc. However, a lot of other stuff just states "Your firing arc" which DOES include your rear one.

So that means you can get the benefit of Tactician, Fearlessness, disable Autothrusters, Outmaneouver, and possibly a few others I've missed from that rear arc.

Where this differs with turrets is that those ships still have a 90 degree firing arc to the front, they just have the ability to fire OUTSIDE of this arc.
So they can't use Tactician or all that other stuff EXCEPT from the front.

The more you know and all that.
>>
>>48723601
Alright, and also, can you also use your Target Lock to re-roll when using Cannons?
>>
>>48723103
With all these things giving out free hits (Fearlessness, chips, etc) R4-D6 is such a great value. That little bastard let Biggs take an APT on the chin and a 5 hit attack from a Fearless Ketsu. Then he was kind enough to eat a direct hit that would've killed Biggs.
>>
>>48723623

Yes. You can't reroll rerolls or other modified dice though.

Unlike in STAW.

Fucking Romulans.

AHEM.

Anyway. Yes, you can always reroll dice by spending a target lock, unless there's a specific ingame rule at play saying you can't.
>>
>>48723659
Great, at least I did that right then. It was basically my first match using my Firespray properly. It went well, all things considered. I just need to pratice more and I think it can be a great asset.
>>
File: whiphid.png (223KB, 300x506px) Image search: [Google]
whiphid.png
223KB, 300x506px
>>48702543
Was this it? It's a Whiphid from Keeping the Peace
>>
>>48698900
I'm currently playing in a game with a Ghtroc 720 and I have to say it's pretty sweet.

Any tips on what I should get custom installed first on this bad girl?
>>
>>48702543
Whiphid, Yuzzem (not Yuzzum), and a couple other species are bigger than Wookies, those are the only hairy ones I can think off. There are some woolly Cragmaloids (Mammoth-men) too I guess, but those are pretty clearly elephant men.
>>
>>48723761
There are also Herglics but they're not hairy.
>>
>>48723751
What are your goals for it? Do you need it to fight well? Then add/upgrade weapons. Maybe upgrade its maneuverability, too.

Mobile spy base? Communications, sensor, or stealth gear. A pirated holonet connection would be a huge boon.

A pure freight delivery business interest? Utility stuff, upgraded hyperdrive, etc.

Just a home away from home? Creature comforts.
>>
File: 1469974594164.jpg (508KB, 579x936px) Image search: [Google]
1469974594164.jpg
508KB, 579x936px
>>48723890
Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, we are just a few sessions in.

Personally if I had my way I'd use it for smuggling. The rest of the players don't seem to have any plans for it, except the Thief, who is brewing moonshine in his quarters to smuggle on to a mining colony where they banned all non-government importation of alcohol.

So, smuggling will probably be what we use the ship for.
>>
>>48702543
>>48723720
>>48723761
If you leave "Playable" and go into "Monster" you also have the Gorax which is Endor's King Kong.
>>
Anyone got any ideas or lists prepared for when the next wave releases? I am so hyped for the Protectorate Fighters myself.
>>
>>48724000
False IFF signals, decoy beacons, and a faster/backup hyperdrive are always good places to start.
>>
>>48724149
Fuck, not a clue at the moment...

I'm liking all the wave 9 ships... But I keep looking trying to throw together lists and scrapping it halfway through.

Protectorate Fighter looks awesome, though.
>>
>>48698900
I play Traveller (CT, LBB) but that's always been one of my favourite babby tramp freighters.
>>
>>48722759
Theres a few fixes in >>48712966 for you.

Another good suggestion I've seen is make the player declare how many extra shots they want before making the roll, then upgrade the difficulty that many times. This introduces plenty of red die into the equation so that you can run out of ammo, shoot a friend if you were firing into melee, etc.
>>
>>48724889
I've always liked the way that Shadowrun handled automatic weapons. You have to make a recoil check which is 1 + Strength/3 rounded up + any recoil compensation from the gun you are firing(mods, ect) You subtract the resulting number from the number of shots you're firing, and if the number is negative, that is your penalty for the shot.

Say what you will about the system, Shadowrun does guns right. I'm sure someone could homebrew a similar system into star wars.
>>
>>48724943

It's a good system for Shadowrun, but I feel like it's a bit too complex for the straightforward solutions FFGSW prefers. Pretty much the whole game runs on KISS.
>>
>>48724943
Which edition of shadowrun? I'm not too keen on the new(est) version.
>>
>>48724986
You are almost certainly right, of course. Still, it's a good way to keep players from just plowing through a whole room of enemies without penalty.
>>
>>48724889
>>48724943
you really just have to play encounters smarter. Have your baddies use cover and hand out black dice to the party, use the party's threat to undermine them, and remember that distance also discourages autofire.

or just throw more baddies at them
>>
>>48724993
5th ed. It's the only edition I've ever played.

I won't say it doesn't have its flaws, but I love the way it does gear.
>>
>>48724149
I've got my fang and arc now. Nora w/ Biggs and something (tried Jake and Wedge so far) was good, saw lots of fangs (fenn and T plus manaroo, Fenn and torp scouts, Fenn/Talonbane/Zuckuss)

Shadowcaster is brutal with fearlessness
>>
>>48724149
I have been experimenting a bit with the protectorates', but I got started with X-wing pretty recently so I don't have much else to combine it with at the moment. I can fit a "fully equipped" Concord Dawn Veteran with two Aggressors, but that gives the Aggressors a total of four points to share for upgrades.
>>
File: image.png (389KB, 369x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
389KB, 369x401px
I'm not saying this should be the cover pic for the next SWG thread...
but this should totally be the next cover pic...
>>
>>48725455
Kiss Kiss Invade Alderaan
>>
>>48722274
Huh. That's new.
>>
File: steel rehn.png (529KB, 788x466px) Image search: [Google]
steel rehn.png
529KB, 788x466px
XWSOL updated. Mandalorians crash an Imperial warship with some survivors, then declare batchall on Adumar.
>>
>>48725725
Adumar bids ALL THE MISSILES.
>>
>>48698900
>>48725725

Got a link? The writefaggotry pastebin linked in the OP is down.
>>
>>48721790
They're all compatible. And yes, if anything requires force-sensitivity to use, either in general or just for a specific effect, it'll say.

>>48721958
FFG forums, I believe it was the one called "Forged in Battle Review" or something in the AoR section.
>>
File: 1462815047096.jpg (118KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
1462815047096.jpg
118KB, 400x308px
>>48726055
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11357885/1/X-Wing-Sons-of-Liberty
>>
>>48726114
Cheers mate, big fan of your work.

Any advice for someone thinking of taking up writefaggotry?
>>
>>48726160
Write every day

Write when you feel like shit

Write when you feel amazing
>>
>>48721790
100% Compatable for the most part, one of the supplements has rules for blasters with force activated triggers but apart from them it's all good.

Also, I'm running a EotE game and I need a way to counter stealth since one of my players is cheesing it hardcore. (Maxed Agility, Maxed Stealth, Personal Stealth Field and Stealthsuit. Oh, and he went Saboteur so he's also got explosives out the arse as well as Stalker.) How do I go about negating this shit?

And in any future games I'm not allowing Stealth Fields because they're fucking broken.
>>
File: swg.png (181KB, 346x502px) Image search: [Google]
swg.png
181KB, 346x502px
>>48726160
Do the exact fucking opposite of what Chuck Wendig does, mostly. Edit and proofread often, listen to your readers, accept criticism, respond professionally, and try to be at least mildly well-read on the subject you're covering so the diction and terminology sound somewhat acceptable. And since it's just writefaggotry and not official for-profit publications, don't be afraid to lift plot elements and themes wholesale from works you enjoy. George did it and look how that turned out.

Other than that, just take your time, have fun, and make sure your readers are having fun, too.
>>
>>48726361
better security systems and obstacles he simply can't get around, invisible or not.
>>
>>48725725
Nice, glad to see that you're back at it.
>>
>>48726361
Fly Casual has a number of traps/obstacles. Opposed checks and bad environmental conditions that would impose setback on him are the only real ways to counter the Agility/Stealth, and even then it's probably mostly just the Despairs kicking it to cause any complications.
>>
>>48726361
Let him be good at it, present him with problems that can't be solved by stealth.
>>
>>48726359
>Write when you feel like shit
Can 100% confirm that this is really difficult and just handing out that advice is making light of the struggle.
>>
Some quick advice /swg/ - I'm in an AoR game playing a sharpshooter armed with a tooled up Czerka Model 38, with a Wookie armed with a heavy repeating blaster playing a Hired Gun (I think), one of those 4 armed pilot buggers and a Toydarian commando. The GM is getting slightly irritated at how the Wookie is clearing rooms full of people with his repeating blaster and I'm killing at least 3 stormtroopers a turn, making his encounters slightly difficult to balance. However, the toydarian isn't doing well surprise surprise, he had to spend all his xp on making his brawn/agi not complete shit, so he doesn't want to beef up our enemies massively. To add insult to injury, the Toydarian is specced into pistols afaik so gear may not even help him so much.

Any advice on how to unfuck our party balance?
>>
>>48726798
It's the reality of trying to do anything creative. Writing, painting, game design, whatever. Creative minds and depression go hand in hand.
>>
>>48727036
>Any advice on how to unfuck our party balance?
Fix autofire
>>
>>48727089
What's wrong with it? And how do we fix it?
>>
>>48727109

These
>>48725052
>>48712966
>>48724889

are good suggestions.
>>
>>48727036
>>48727109

sounds like your gm needs to make the bad guys more clever for starters, and plan his encounters better. your party balance is fine, fuck the toydarian guy for picking something so horribly suboptimal. He should make a new character or learn to deal with it.
>>
>>48727152
I can't believe I missed that, thanks.

Any ideas on how to make a pistol focussed toydarian less ... shit?

>>48727160
It is the first few sessions, and the first session was mostly fine aside from the Toydarian being useless. The guy hasn't complained, and we did warn him about being suboptimal, but still, there could be a way out - his character has (apparently, we haven't seen it yet) a pretty good backstory and he doesn't want to lose it.
>>
>>48727203
what is the toydarian's agility and ranged light ranks? I may have an idea
>>
>>48727036
Tell GM to grow balls.
If the toydarian is playing art being a commando then he gets to deal with commando shit.

Throw big, scary enemies at the party. Of a badly thought out or constructed character dies, oh no. Dramatic tension isn't possible without the threat of character death.
>>
>>48727221
I believe it is 3 agility and 1 or 2 ranged light. He also spent a great deal of xp on picking up toughened ranks since the last game he played with us he kept hitting his wound threshold.
>>
>>48727160
Get an awesome pistol, use attachments/mods to make the pistol awesome, buy into a specialization that will help him out, buy into a specialization that is slightly more of a support role.
>>
>>48722912
Video? I gotta see dis
>>
>>48727252
Your commando sounds like a nerf herder.
>>
>>48727293
Funny you should say that - he claims he used to transport animals, although we're all pretty sure those animals were sentient.
>>48727273
Moving into a support role could work. He's got pretty good stats across the board, lots of threes.

Hell, maybe even the new bodyguard spec in Forged In Battle what with recent obsession with not dying.
>>
File: trailblazer.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
trailblazer.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>48727252
If he wants to stay a toydarian soldier he should see if he can reroll as a Trailblazer instead. It's focused on stealth, ambushes, fighting from cover, and traps. It's would be more fitting for a toydarian since his size would make him good for sneaking. The only caveat is that it's from a book that isn't out yet.

As far as equipment goes a DH-45 Dragoon Cavalry blaster is probably the best ranged light weapon you can get. throw in some stealth stuff and he could actually be useful
>>
>>48727416
That's an excellent idea, I'll suggest that to them.

Also, don't suppose anyone has managed to get the specifics on the soldier's signature abilities yet?
>>
>>48727512
Tactician could also be a useful secondary specialization thanks to his natural 3 presence and willpower

>Also, don't suppose anyone has managed to get the specifics on the soldier's signature abilities yet?
don't think so
>>
>>48727284
I'm not sure if there's a video of it floating around, but MajorJuggler on the FFG XWM forums has been keeping track of all the regional events and -X- Open events, and their results. He's the same math-winger who does calculates out all the jousting values. Anyways, Ohio Regionals were won by a Wes Biggs Corran rebel list, in an environment rich with triple u-boats, and palp aces.
>>
>>48727416
Oh, wow. I really like that talent tree. Disorient, Prey on the Weak, Prime Positions and Ambush all look great.
>>
>>48728015
Ah, damn. It seems like that'd be a neat game to watch
>>
so in FFG, if you want to add force users to your campaign you go and buy the core force and destiny book again even if you have the original core book? what were they thinking dividing the game into 3 core sets ?
>>
A while ago I had a question about nightshadow coating and a helpful anon clarified the rules for me in such a way that it was irrefutable how it worked. I don't remember thanking that anon, so if you are on here thank you anonymous.
>>
>>48729636

Both EoTE and AoR have Force related specialization and rules in them. If you want to start a campaign as Force Users with real indepth possibilities for Force Powers and lightsabers and junk, you should get F&D because that game is focused on them, as opposed to say, AoR being focused on rebelling, etc.
>>
>>48729636
You can get by just buying the Force-Sensitive Exile spec that's included in EotE, or Emergent if you have AoR. FaD is only necessary if being force-sensitive is a core aspect of the character.

And they did it for a few reasons.
1. Money. Breaking it up means people interested in everything will continue to buy everything, but having it more piece-meal means people only interested in some things will be more likely to buy just the stuff they want.
2. More time to hash shit out. EotE went through major revisions and if AoR/FaD content was lumped in with it, a single core book containing all three would've taken until probably somewhere between AoR and FaD's release to come out, and all the content would've suffered for it since AoR basically gave them some extra time to figure out how they were going to handle all of FaD's stuff since AoR wasn't drastically different from EotE.
>>
>>48729636
I think they were thinking two things. The first you've already hinted at: money. If they can sell a second or third core rulebook without doing the whole development process over again, it's good for the bottom line.

The other thing is that Star Wars is a really, really big thing. It wouldn't take a book three times the size, but it would take a book quite a bit larger to cover bounty hunters, smugglers, thugs, soldiers, spies, diplomats, and all sorts of flavors of Force users with the same depth. And the core books are already quite large.
>>
>>48729636
EotE has everything you need if you want to play a force user like Luke, Anakin, Rei, or Kylo. You get all the cool telekinesis shit, mind tricks, sensing stuff, etc. You really only need F&D if you want to know about 10 different lightsaber fighting styles so your character can walk up to another guy with a differently-colored glowstick and spend 5 rounds of combat doing dumb spinny shit.
Each of the books will give you more than enough detail for force powers. F&D is more about getting into the details of Jedi and Sith culture.
>>
So, for x-wing, what's the most cost effective way to get my hands on the most important upgrade cards?
>>
>>48730222
borrow them
or
buy/trade with buddies if you must own them
>>
>>48715539
>>48715611

my ship from the old RPG!!!! yay!

X-wing questions
Why is starviper shit?
Wave 10 is on the main site ---it's----a little small?

>>48722912
jumpmaster is out?
>>
>>48730354
The Starviper is to expensive for the abilities and upgrades that it has- the same problem that the E-wing and the Defender (pre Imperial Vets) had. There will almost certainly be some sort of fix for this, just like the Defender and TIE Advanced got.

Wave 10 is likely to include some stuff from Rogue 1, but they can't release the information until closer to the movie. The same thing happened with wave 8, which had the TIE/fo and T-70 added after the initial announcement.
>>
File: 1467088865817.jpg (40KB, 1232x912px) Image search: [Google]
1467088865817.jpg
40KB, 1232x912px
>>48730354
We're expecting Wave 10 to get two more ships closer to the release of Rogue One.

Also, the Starviper sucks not so much because it's a bad ship, but because it's overcosted for what it does, particularly its generic pilots. This was a problem with a lot of early Scum ships. They're supposedly fixing it along as part of the rumored release of the Crusader-class huge ship for Scum.
>>
>>48730303
ok fair enough

but assuming it's just me buying ships to play with friends who don't own anything
>>
>>48730546
Then it's really just you buying up the ships or hitting up eBay.
>>
>>48730546
>>48730569
Or alternatively, you can just proxy anything if it's just you playing only with friends.
>>
>>48730489
>We're expecting Wave 10 to get two more ships closer to the release of Rogue One.
Hope rides alone.

Also, anything that makes the Scyk useful and the Khiraxz more interesting are welcome.

>>48730546
If its just casual play with your buddies, you could always proxy the cards.
>>
>>48730354
>Wave 10 is on the main site ---it's----a little small?
they're probably waiting till closer too the new movies release too spoil the ships from that in the wave. like they did last year.
>>
>>48730354
Yeah, the Jumpmaster's out.

Like the others said, the generic starvipers are too expensive for what (little) you get. If the PS 1 was even just 23pts, you could take 4 of them with Autothrusters. And I would! A PS 4 generic with EPT, and three more named pilots, would do it a world of good.

Otherwise, Guri and Xizor have a lot of great potential. Although I've yet to see a list do well with both at once. Guri is a brutal monster who can out knife-fight aces if you know what you're doing. She curb-stomps turret ships, and drags lower PS generics out back and mugs them of their lunch-money. Advanced Sensors makes it not even a contest against anything moving before her (good luck blocking this shit!), and Sensor Jammer makes her frustrating to kill. She has issues with Omega Leader, however.

Xizor is a slippery bastard who lacks rhe raw power of Guri, but has a modest PS for a decent cost. At 7, he's viable for Vet Instincts, and should really be considering it (not much is better for him). His main problem is that he is NOT an action-economy ace by himself. Give him Fire Control System if you need to up his lethality and leave him free to boost/roll. Or build him for PS 9 and give him Advanced Sensors, pairing him off with Manaroo. This gives you room for one more ship, and provides you with a way to make Xizor rock that PS 9 Advanced Sensors like you've never seen.
>>
>>48715539
It still is. It's in Before the Awakening.
>>
I managed to beat Palp Aces with a Wedge, Biggs and Poe list.
My opponent forfeited after too many shitty dice rolls.
>>
>>48729636
Force users can be added to EotE or AoR. If you want dedicated Force-Users who learn lightsaber shit and basically become the roots of a new Jedi, Sith, or other tradition, FaD is what gives you the careers for it.

Honestly, from both a business and narrative perspective, the three core model just makes SENSE. There are three general themes in Star Wars:

1. Seedy underbellies, criminals, and other desperate type struggling to survive in an uncaring galaxy run by distant fascist bureaucrats or local sociopathic crime lords
2. Heroic Rebels trying to bring down said fascists in a horribly lopsided Rebellion
3. People with mystic powers they don't fully understand taking their first steps into the larger world of the Force

Which one of these themes is the most popular? Which two groups should be forced to pay for content they don't want?

As it stands right now, each core is entirely self sufficient to run the campaign theme it's based on. Yes, the core rules are the same from book to book, and you get a few repeated species and weapons. Overall, though? You get a shitton of new content with each CRB.

Maybe with another setting or system, the 3 core book approach would just be an unnecessary moneygrab, but the amount of planets, gear/weapons/armor, vehicles/starships, races, careers/specializations/talents, lore, and adversaries that differ between each book, you never feel like you're not getting something for your dollar.
>>
File: 97 points, three to spend.png (95KB, 1313x488px) Image search: [Google]
97 points, three to spend.png
95KB, 1313x488px
so /tg/, I have a dilemma. I want to run a triple-x7 defender list, but I don't know what to do from here.

I don't know why, but I have an aversion to running PS 1-3 generics, probably somehow involving Jumpmasters.

What would you do to improve the list/finish it?

I could also swap Steele to Countess, Colonel, or a third Glaive. What would you guys do?

Adaptability, Crack Shot, Veteran Instincts, and Twin Ion Engine mk2 are all strong contenders for those last points. (I just had a Loose Stabilizer come up, and I flew for 5 turns without needing to fix it last game due to Mk2, so It's calling to me)
>>
>>48731911
Calculation on Stele, Adaptability on the Glaives.
The other 2 points for a super initiative bid. Or tie engines mk 2
>>
>>48732009
I really don't like Calculation, as I will almost always be spending my Focus token on defense.

I took Stele as otherwise I would both have a number not divisible by 3 for points left over, and glaive+VI costs as much as Stele+adapt.
>>
File: corran_horn_alt_art_web.jpg (15KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
corran_horn_alt_art_web.jpg
15KB, 300x254px
>>48731187
Nice
>>
>>48731911
>>48732009
mk2 and adapt on Steele, and VI on the Glaives maybe?
>>
>>48731911
Countess is pretty awesome especially with PtL and mk2 engines.
>>
>>48730489
I had an idea for the scum huge ship; more of a hutt ship than that brick. Would come with a Palpatine clone but as Jabba.

8 points 2 crew slots scum only
Once per turn you may change any one of your opponent's die rolls to a result of your choice.
>>
What would be some good mid-sized (20-75M) gunboats for a pirate group in the ~10ABY era?
>>
>>48731911

I want to run this with VI on all three and Vessery instead of stele. I guess im a pleb.
>>
Is there any good Star Wars fanfic out there? I have the thread writefag's thing in another tab inb4 that.
>>
>>48733953
There is a bit here and there. What do you like?
>>
>>48734114
Not that guy, but I prefer things from the Imperial perspective. Already read Hull 721, loved it.
>>
>>48734114
Same as the guy above me, like stuff from the Imperial perspective. Especially the regular military guys, but I'm willing to tolerate Jedi/Sith stuff if it's decent.
>>
>>48734195
>>48734387
I'll dig around, see what I can find. Watch this space
>>
File: armada_isd_06-41755861.jpg (177KB, 1170x778px) Image search: [Google]
armada_isd_06-41755861.jpg
177KB, 1170x778px
i need help. In Armada, rebels keep beating me. He runs usualy Defiance with two Assault Frigates MK2 and Ackbar. Dash and Han as fighter counter. Las time i had 2 ISDs. ISD 1 as carrier with Rhymer bombers and Howl Runner and interceptors and and ISD 2 as gunship with Vader. Problem is that ISD 1 is so short ranged that is shoots rarely and even then its not very effective. I mean... i need to play Squadrons most of the time so i can bomb effectively and at mid range it has no firepower to speak of. And the bombers sometimes do great work, sometimes they dont... And i really love the idea of running fighters like a modern navy. Because of the short range the ISD 2 will be unsupported most of the game and will die in maximum 2 rounds of shooting... Mk2s are very fast and with Ackbar can rip you appart from long range and then run away. Any suggestions ?
>>
I'm a player not a GM so I don't have direct access to the books. How do signature abilities work?
Do you have one for each talent tree you reach the bottom of? Can you pick any from your career options or is it related to what the specialisation is.

EG. I am a Politico/Thief. Can I take one of any of the Colonist signature skills or does Politico have its own set one. Same goes for Thief?
>>
>>48735902
The one you can choose is based on your career. So if you're a Colonist, then you can only ever get Insightful Revelation and/or Unmatched Expertise. And the signature abilities can only be attached to a specialization from your career. So as a Colonist with Politico, you can attach either to the bottom of the tree, but if you've also got Thief, none of your signature ability choices can be attached to that.

And if you wanted, you can have both signature abilities, but each one has to be on a different specialization in your career. So you could attach either to Politico, buy something like Performer and then attach the one you didn't pick originally to the bottom.

And in case you didn't know, you need to have both talents at the bottom of the tree that the signature ability hooks onto. So for Insightful Revelation, you need both the 2nd and 4th column bottom talents (which for Politico is Dedication and Intense Presence), and for Unmatched Expertise, you'd need 2nd and 3rd (Dedication and Natural Charmer).
>>
>>48736056
Oh interesting. So the primary career is the only one you can get a signature skill for? So one can never have two signature skills then. That makes sense.
>>
>>48730616
>Scyk useful and the Khiraxz more interesting are welcome.

Least wanted expansion pack when?
>>
>>48727036
>Czerka Model 38
Czerka's still around? After all the retarded shit they did?
>>
>>48736672
Yup, mainly because they're the only company to realise that slugthrowers are actually useful.

Model 38s are really good snipers, and Hammers are great cause who doesn't want an explosive shotgun to the face?
>>
>>48730489
>overcosted for what it does

well ya, the starviper itself is the opposite of a cheapo snub fighter. Hell for half of its life it was the personal fighter of a crime-lord.
>>
File: R2FU.jpg (431KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
R2FU.jpg
431KB, 1200x1600px
>>48736672
>Czerka's still around?
Think they're basically too evil to ever properly die, one of those corporations which made for some sketchy allies and worse enemies for players over the years.
>>
>>48733651
That is a LOT stronger than Palpatine.

Instead of adding an evade, remove a crit. Opponent went through debris? Crit.
>>
Are Mercenary Soldier and Commando the only ways to get the Strong Arm Talent? I really want to get it for my Gunslinger, but it seems like those are the only ways to do it
>>
>>48737181
How about the ability changes a hit/evade to a blank
>>
File: VadersTIEAdvanced-TCGCore.jpg (95KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
VadersTIEAdvanced-TCGCore.jpg
95KB, 1200x878px
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!70:27,144,-1:34:17:;19:-1,-1:23:6:U.124;128:27,-1:23:1:U.124&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Did very well with this list in my first game all year tonight. Alozen and Maarek gave Vessery the target locks he needed for infinite lock works, and in return he brought down their agility to let those free X1 crits hit that much harder.

Was opposite a Scum squad in a 3v3 match, and managed to intimidate his Autoblaster Kavil + Bodyguard Guri into going anywhere near range 1 of me.

Give Sienar the budget, and they sure as fuck won't let you down.
>>
>>48736782
Slugthrowers ARE useful, but not as standard issue military guns. They're good for Bounty Hunters and mercs, but you wouldn't want to have your infantry troopers use them because they're not as general purpose. In which case, I doubt Czerka Arms gets as much as revenue as BlasTech.
>>
>>48737530
So far, yes, they are.
>>
File: IMG_1101.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Wow, the First Order looks a lot shorter than I remember.
>>
>>48736672
They are, and I'm glad for it - the Model 38 is baller as fuck, especially with the explosive rounds.
>>
>>48731205
>>48730178

I don't want any proper Jedis in my game anyway since it doesn't fit the timeline. So you say with the original EotE corebook I can have force sensitive characters who can do stuff but without of course any proper training.

How about lightsabers?
>>
>>48739533
Difficult to acquire, horrendously powerful. Deals a flat minimum 10 damage not based off brawn, a crit value of 1, has breach, which cuts through 10 soak and 1 armour, sunder AND vicious 2. Attaining one should ideally be an arc in and of itself. They are pretty damn powerful and shouldn't be handed out lightly.
>>
>>48739284
damn the 3D release really is pretty shitty
>>
>>48739611
Sorry for being lazy but do they have stats in the core EotE? I really like the Han Solo/Firefly style stories (anyone old /adventuresofhansolo/ here?) so I think I will go with the EotE corebook.
>>
>>48739688
Yeah they do. They're statted in every core book, like the standard array of blasters.

EotE is perfect for what you describe. You could run the first film using nothing but EotE and run into no problems this is probably intentional.
>>
>>48739533
>How about lightsabers?
Edge of the Empire does have a stat line for lightsabers, but it's the broken, super-powerful kind equipped with the rarest lightsaber crystal.
>>
>>48739924
iirc it's essentially a Krayt Dragon lighsaber crystal with a damage mod and a vicious mod.

EotE and AoR lightsabers are damn nasty.
>>
File: SWRebels_Imperial_Propaganda_VI.jpg (257KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
SWRebels_Imperial_Propaganda_VI.jpg
257KB, 500x750px
A question for the Armada players out there:

I'm working on a themed list for Armada that would tie into my Age of Rebellion campaign, and I'm wondering if there's any way to make it not suck.

The idea is that the formation, a Clone-Wars era Heavy Attack Squadron, was assigned to guard a system notable only for its mining operation - therefore requiring lots of firepower but not a lot of speed, and essentially left to rot there. The objectives would center around the station obstacle (Station Assault, Salvage Mission, etc), and the ships would be:

1x Victory-Class Destroyer
2x Gladiator-Class Destroyer
1-2x Gozanti Flotilla

And however many fighters I can get away with.

I've played just enough to know that the Victory is slow as balls, though hopefully Jerjerrod might help out there.

Would there be a way to make such a list reasonably effective?
>>
>>48739978
>>48739924

No, I'm pretty sure its just the regular Ilum crystals, but it's the equivalent of a fully kitted out one with mods. This makes sense for the game treating them as exotic relics of a past age which you can't build, or even learn how to use well (since no spec in EotE has Lightsaber as a class skill).
>>
>>48740248
Yeah, so it is. Thought you could only upgrade Ilum crystals' damage three times.

Also, has anyone got any advice on how to fix the morality system for FaD?
>>
>>48739978
Yeah, that's pretty much it. It wrecks all the haters and losers.
>>
>>48739722
thanks mate
>>
New thread?
>>
>>48740584
Go ahead, I lack a fitting image.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>48741545

>>48741545

>>48741545
>>
>>48735335
Dengar, or at the very least a Jumpmaster is a great way to guarantee your squadrons can move and do their thing. As for the ISDs, keep your front arc on em and focus. A tractor beam can really help pick off a ship when the rest are moving too fast. XI7 Turbolasers in specific are great with those particular ships.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.