[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crippling Curses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1419658870771.jpg (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419658870771.jpg
105KB, 600x600px
I have a player in an upcoming Anima game who wants to take a disadvantage called "Damned" which is essentially that he has a terrible curse. Examples in the book are that a Damned character would receive supernatural damage every time he attacked something, or immediately dying if he unnecessarily kills someone.

I have a couple of ideas in mind for it but this seems like a question that would be good to get /tg/'s opinion on.

Please note that this curse should be one that is seriously harmful, on the level of being permanently blinded, for instance.
>>
File: 1419658870808.jpg (39KB, 452x608px) Image search: [Google]
1419658870808.jpg
39KB, 452x608px
>>48697273
Bump.
>>
>>48697273
Dies if enters a house uninvited
Is set aflame (But not dying) if blasphemes against an idol
Cannot sink into the water if uses supernatural abilities like spells.
>>
>>48697273
The character's wounds never heal, even regardless of medical or supernatural action.
>>
>>48697747
Maybe they'll partially heal? Except any time they take damage or a critical the wounds will reopen?

The more times they're hurt over the course of the campaign the worse it will get if they're hit by a critical?
>>
character is followed by thematically appropiate music, always, nothing can turn it off.
Character cannot refuse a challenge unless he pays an appropiate fine to a diety/demon, fine may or may not involve parts of his body, memories, or worldly items
character is a known proponent of skub
>>
>>48697689
>Dies if enters a house uninvited
This is a nice one. I think it'd be more interesting if you axed the death penalty, but expanded it beyond houses, requiring an invite to get into ANY building, from a fortress to a hastily-pitched tent.

It would create some interesting roleplaying opportunities as the person tries to trick people into inviting him in, or creatively interpret something like a cry for help as an invitation.
>>
File: 1419658870803.jpg (100KB, 282x500px)
1419658870803.jpg
100KB, 282x500px
One more bump
>>
>>48698193
>character is a known proponent of skub
that's going way too far man
>>
>>48698602
I mean, is the character dumb enough to be pro-skub?
>>
>>48698201
>creatively interpret something like a cry for help as an invitation.

I like it, but that's going to require GM feedback on when it's safe. RP'd as some sixth sense telling him when he's clear to enter.
>>
>>48697273
Isn't it already bad enough that he is playing anima?

Here is a curse: every time you want to make an attack, you have to difference your attack roll from your opponent's defense roll and then check that difference against a chart of armor ratings to determine the percent of base damage that your character afflicts to an enemy.

Real suggesting: the character has word replacement. Secretly choose 6 common words that you think might come up in any given game session like "the king" or "fell magicks" and replace that phrase with "just a huge bag of dildos".

You are welcome.
>>
>>48697273
well it kinda depends what you want. I mean do you want a roleplaying disadvantage? a mechanical disadvantage or something the party must overcome?

one of each type,

-the player cannot lie or hide the truth. he must honestly answer any question asked of him without being allowed to twist the truth.

-if he attacks something that has not attacked him in the last round he rolls twice and takes the worse result.

-eldritch horrors regularly attack him and his party.
>>
>>48701480
>the player cannot lie or hide the truth. he must honestly answer any question asked of him without being allowed to twist the truth.
I see this one a lot and it's uninteresting. The alternative, "You Must Always Tell Lies" can be a pain in the ass, but does make things a bit more memorable. Don't use it on social characters who need to talk on the fly. It works better for types that only speak when they choose to.
>>
>>48697273
*Weapons the character uses may become malevolent as things die near the character (ranging from weapons disarming themselves to full blown floating ghost swords)
*The character has some creeping petrification that grows from exertion and fades from rest in the areas being used
*The character takes damage whenever they break a promise, as well as the person the promise was made with. The grander the task, the less it hurts the person and the greater it hurts the character. (has to be acknowledged by both parties)
>>
>>48701908
I like creeping petrification, any sort of creeping body horror thing could be good, like a third arm that continually threatens to burst out of his back or something.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.