[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've started reading the Witcher books after playing through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: witcher.jpg (31KB, 350x228px) Image search: [Google]
witcher.jpg
31KB, 350x228px
I've started reading the Witcher books after playing through the games and have fallen in love with the setting. Has anybody by chance homebrewed a system that's actually good using something like Savage Worlds or GURPS? I saw that they're supposed to be releasing an RPG sometime this year, but besides the announcement I haven't found anything else from it.
>>
>>48686995
There's a fan made Witcher supplement for GURPS, but IIRC it's less than stellar or made some odd choices in term of mechanics it something. Never played the vidya so I didn't bother reading super deep into the supplement. Still, from what I do know about the game, GURPS's detailed approach to combat and generally realistic bend would make a decent choice.
>>
>>48687197
>Never played the vidya
You fool. Do it immediately.
>>
>>48686995
GURPS pt1
>>
>>48687424
Pt2. On the Mongoose-forums there is a sadly dead attempt using RuneQuest/Legend. And R.Talsorian is making the official game using Fuzion.
>>
>>48687464
Yeah, like I said, I haven't seen anything more about the Fuzion version besides the announcement news and a few blogs. Nothing about an actual release, though.
>>
>>48686995
I have the old RPG they did that's actually supposed to be pretty good, but most of it is still in Polish, I'm afraid.
>>
File: 1467647972052.jpg (298KB, 800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1467647972052.jpg
298KB, 800x1013px
>>48687539
I did enjoy their proto-Fuzion in Cyberpunk, but I think I enjoyed Cyberpunk more than the system. Don't know if I dare hope for much when it drops.
>>
>>48687363
seconded. The third is the pinnacle, even if the first have for me a certain flavor despite its combat gameplay.
>>
>>48686995
>Homebrew for GURPS
Advice from fellow GURPS player - try this first:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4yp0nryi0o7na/Witcher_-_A_Game_of_Imagination
>>
>>48688200
Yeah, this is the old polish one. Most of which isn't translated, as I recall.
>>
The original Polish one is apparently pretty much the best, realistic (getting stabbed sends you halfway to grave with huge impact on your performance, enjoy bleeding and infections too... and good fucking luck taking on a monster as a regular human) and gritty as fuck. The problem is that noone knows Polish.
>>
I bet WHFRP (1st or 2nd ed) would be really good for the Witcher setting if you ban the wizard professions.
>>
>>48689004
What's the name of this? Got a link?
>>
>>48689311
see >>48688200
>>
>>48689004

Actually, when the third game was released and everyone was with the hype, a Poleanon began a traslating project, which died shortly after cause poor feedback and the usual /tg/ infighting about the quality of the origianl game.
>>
>>48689436
Actually, poleanon here, do you have any link to what that other anon did? I have some free time in the following weeks, might try to at least translate the core rules if /tg/ is interested.

Is there really none other translation though?
>>
>>48689527

No, sorry, I just remember the threads but did not pay that much attention or downloaded anything.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.