[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 49

File: U8RBmdc.jpg (462KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
U8RBmdc.jpg
462KB, 1622x1058px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Season of War edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48660534

Who will win? Order scam or Chaos fags? Not that stupid(the latest novel) Nagash? Maybe, just WAAAGGHH!
>>
First to eat
>>
File: The Living City.png (245KB, 483x469px) Image search: [Google]
The Living City.png
245KB, 483x469px
Come the fuck on. Order is less than 50% and they still control the city? That's bullshit.
>>
I could see Chaos taking one of the cities this week. Order's been getting pushed back the last few days.
>>
>>48684538
That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.
>>
>>48684548
Hows does it work?
>>
>>48684552
It's not everyone against Order.

Th single Grand Alliance with the most points gets ownership of the City.

Order is still the Alliance with the biggest % of points.
>>
>>48684539
I hope at least one city falls by the week's end
>>
Reposting only once

So the fluff implies that while the Seraphon are "recollected" into being, they still have personalities and lives in some manner of plane of existence that they are summoned from by the slann, Assuming the Slann are nostalgic types its probably a romanticized idyllic version of Lustria at the height of its glory. would this leave room for "new" creatures?

I've loved the idea of a primordial dino griffon, or other prehistoric styled versions of classic mythological beasts, and am trying to find a way to add something like them to my army, but if I just convert from their sources they'd lack the daemon rule that defines the seraphon and thus not be as fluffy, could the slann in theory be making New life forms to fill ecological gaps in the mortal realms? or is that stretching it too far?
>>
>>48684565
You know.... there are/were 8 order armies, 4 chaos armies, 2 death armies, and 2 destruction armies. For having the same number of composite armies as every other alliance combined the fact they have less than 50% is important.
>>
>>48684620
Yeah. They've been getting pushed back since last week at least. I hope that trend continues.
>>
>>48684584
why not just pretend those beasts were part of the fauna of lustria since the start?
>>
File: burgerwheel.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
burgerwheel.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>>48684539
I just bought a old skaven battalion after already having the blood isle skaven, ORDER GON GET IT
>>
File: derpepep.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
derpepep.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>48684516
BTW are skaven shit atm, I dont really care still like the guys, im just a complete AOS noob.
>>
>>48684737
Bought more Gors. Let's go Chaos.
>>
>>48684773
No, there's no shit armies. All of them are fairly balanced. Just what do you run?
>>
>>48684786
I don't like any of their artillery, so specifically clan rats and rat ogres, then the leaders the warlord, working my way to buying stormvermin and a grey seer. I know it might be stupid but i just dont like the big models and like god characters. I prefer my hordes of infantry with some brutish rat hulks.
>>
>>48684775
yeah was about to go beastmen but i just like the rat fuckers too much and i heard ORDER was raping in the story, and winning matches all over the world (im aussie here). I like playing with the underdogs.
>>
>>48684841
Chaos is definitely not the underdogs. This is the first time ORDER has done anything of note.
>>
>>48684932
All we're asking for is one city. Just one.

Preferably the Living City, but I'll take any of them.
>>
At least you Chaos guys have still a chance to win a city.
As a Death player I can only hope that the more points I take the less awful will be the beating
>>
>>48685002
ahaha poor skellies
>>
>>48684516
SO tell me about how many cities there are atm, if you guys are in for some explanation posting. Who owns what atm.
>>
File: Commissar Archaon.jpg (140KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar Archaon.jpg
140KB, 960x960px
>>48685034
3 for Order. 3 Cities.

Order have been winning because most armies are Order.

They've been having special rules throughout the campaign to boost factions. Current one is for Chaos and lasts till Thursday.
>>
>>48685034
http://seasonofwar.games-workshop.com

There are three cities, one for USA and Canada, one for Europe and one for UK and any country that isn't part of the above
>>
>>48679540
>>48679540
Yup just airbrushed the lot, because hand basing 50 spider riders would be suffering ahah. The paints are Vallejo model air, the blue is just azure blue over a black base with white zenith hightlights.

Going to do a quick and nasty job on the bases tonight until I can source a cheap place to get some round bases for the spiders. I think they are supposed to be oval from the looks of the GW website
>>
>>48685054
>>48685054
lol this rule + skaven equals no withdrawing if im reading this right?
>>
>>48685107
So long as you're 6 inches from your general, I suppose so.

Otherwise there's a chance your rats will run, since you can only re-roll once.
>>
I'm looking to start a Chaos Grand Alliance army composed primarily of Beastmen with some Khorne or Slaves to Darkness hard hitters. As I'm new to AoS, I have no idea what to expect and have no idea what's going on here. My thoughts were initially a couple hordes of Gors, reinforced by some Blood Warriors/Chosen and Minotaurs with an Exalted Deathbringer w/ spear as a leader. Is this decent, terrible, or great?
>>
File: sirdrinksalot].gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
sirdrinksalot].gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>48685244
not sure about deathbringer with spear but the reinforcement of gors sounds legit.
>>
>>48684841
It depends really
Chaos is the underdog in the campaign but they're the big dog in fluff
The inverse is true of chaos
If you really wanna be an underdog pick death or destruction
>>
>>48685138
Are sigmarines the primary weight behind Order atm.
>>
Daily reminder to protect Arkhan the Black, because Arkhan the Black will never betray you.
>>
>>48685244
I wouldn't start anything that hasn't been reworked yet. If you want to go Chaos, either go Khorne or Nurgle for now. Bloodbound seem like a really fun army and( except for Sigmarines) the army with the most options . Also pretty much every model is available in some kind of special box, so it won't be all that expensive.
I guess you can expect GW to not axe too much in the near future, but beastman don't even have a start collecting box, so you never know...
Also if you still want to roll with beastman, buy the models on ebay. Models can be stripped without too much effort or just have another basecoat put onto them, if they are just battleline units anyway.
>>
>>48685286
Or a wont betray you either
Since its not really a betrayal if you know it's coming
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1000x1000px
Fluff for the new guy.
>>
>>48685306
>it's an episode of 'quest to redeem failure'
I loved this once, but GW just puts this shit on everything...
>>
>>48685290
Yeah, it'd be bulk Beastmen. If all else fails, I swap the Beastmen bases and play 9th or some shit. Yeah, that Total War DLC really sold me on the Beastmen.
>>
>>48685279
No one knows, I mean there's 8 armies in Order. That's the same amount that Chaos, Death and Destruction have combined.

>>48685290
They've axed all they're going to axe, Anon.
>>
File: kekme.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
kekme.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>>48685331
ahaha fucking oath, let me WRITE FOR YOU GW WRITING FOR THE FLUFF GODS
>>
>>48685331
>>48685368

Nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>48685331
>GW just puts this shit on everything...

Where else?
>>
File: skeletor.jpg (111KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.jpg
111KB, 1600x900px
Guys, Skeleton Horde or Malignants? Which box stands best on its own if I have nothing else to back it up with, I want to start collecting spooks
>>
>>48685424
Depends on if you like spooky scary skellingtons or spoopy spooks the best. My own choice was the horde, as I'm going for (mostly) Deathrattle guys.
>>
>>48685424
Get one of each, they work well together.

But if you have to only get one, Skellies.
>>
>>48685393
Every Space Marine chapter has some special guy or special guys (lone wolfs)with this fluff. I have a pretty good graphic novel about some blood angels on a journey through the eye of terror for some quest.
A big part of the old dwarven culture was 'grudges', so much that some of them became Slayers.
And don't Bretonnians have some kind of shit like that too?
I mean it is a decent justification for suicidal single model units, but after years of it, I'd like something different for a change...
>>
>>48685306
Who's gonna be making some errant-Grail-questors?
>>
>>48685454
So they use it a lot, still don't see why it's bad. Those aren't even in AoS.
>>
>>48685454
Bretonnians were more like a Kingdom of King Arthurs, all searching for the Holy Grail
>>
>>48685454
Grail-quests?
>>
File: ufekinmeta.jpg (7KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
ufekinmeta.jpg
7KB, 226x226px
>>48685373
*farts*
>>
File: titus.jpg (16KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
titus.jpg
16KB, 480x712px
>>48685484
>>
>>48685478
I thought tjey had some equivalent of 'failed dudes that seel rdemption', might be wrong though.
>>48685471
I'm not saying it's bad, it's just boring and furthers the impression of 'sigmarines'.
Also why would a Stormcast fail in the first place? Why didn't he die trying?
The good thing about it is that it males them more human and prone to failure (and maybe corrption)just like space marines, I guess. It's alright, but it could have been better.
>>
>>48685520
Note it says perceived failure, it might just be that guy who considers what happened a failure. Maybe he did die, it just wasn't enough for him.
>>
>>48684932
Sylvaneth represent
>>
>>48685306
So are they just fucking humans after all?!
>>
>>48685536
Treefucker. I hope we burn your Living City to the ground and piss on the ashes.

t. Filthy Beastmen
>>
>>48685306
Is someone pushing really hard for diversity at GW? Because that is the face of a white man. The Warrior Priest in the Silver Tower worked well because that was a black mans face, but this is literal blackwashing.
>>
>>48685520
If they died trying, they would just zip off for reforming, and then would still need to complete their quest
>>
>>48685545
Hooray Beastmen spread fertiliser
>>
>>48685548
Please don't start this argument again
>>
>>48685544
Yes, that's what they've always been under there. Everyone knew this already. They're just humans who've been made stronger and tougher using magic.

what did you expect? Living lightning?
>>
File: army.jpg (58KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
army.jpg
58KB, 680x453px
So here is what I have at the moment. Mannfred is the general with his awesome command ability. The Vampire lord on dragon gets the ring of immortality and is generally shot at whatever unit i want to kill. The remaining points are up in the air at the moment. I've got lots of potential spirit host summons, various wraiths/banshees, and a couple of morghasts that could fit the bill.
>>
>>48685562
Oh and a bit of brainwashing to make them loyal, of course.

Sigmar a shit.
>>
>>48685562

Well, the fluff is that anyone righteous enough can be taken and turned into one, but then the models don't really reflect the supposed huge diversity of the recruitment pool by making everyone huge buff burly dudes with overscaled barely posable models.

So yeah, them being animated statues or lighting contained in armour or something wouldn't be all that surprising.
>>
>>48685725
They're all big buff dudes because siggy changes them into it. He takes their mortal form and forges them into stormcast.
>>
>>48685733

Right, and that's not a little shit?

I mean, sure you can convert dwarfcasts or femcasts or whatever, but the official fluff line is near identical pictures of the models in every book, just in different paint schemes.
>>
>>48685764
Yeah, he's not so nice as it seems. GA order has him eye-frying people who don't agree with him... around a hammer-shaped table under the watchful gaze of a Sigmar statue. There are women though, but I bet they got buff too.
>>
>>48685711
I'm pretty sure you can only give the Vamp on Dragon an Artefact if he's your general or if he's part of a battalion.
>>
>>48685836

Remember when Sigmar was Conan? What do greco-roman looking full plate guys have to do with that?

And if their masks are meant to represent the face of Sigmar, why don't they have sculpted beards? Sigmar very distinctively wears a beard as part of his look.
>>
>>48685725
The Stormcast BT says ONLY HUMANS are recruited. It has been half a fucking year since that BT was released. This isn't some old setting where this fluff is buried by a ton of crap. Also plenty of novels and books showed the Stormcast removing pieces of their armor revealing their human forms. They even bleed when struck and mutate when struck by Tzeentchian magic.

Also FYI, not all Stormcast are taken for being righteous. Some of them were bloody kidnapped WHILE ALIVE and WELL.
>>
>>48685880
He's been running around the realms for millenia. He grew up a bit. He used to be naked barbarian smiting monsters, but that was a long long time ago.
>>
File: Valten.jpg (532KB, 960x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Valten.jpg
532KB, 960x1408px
>>48685880
Young Sigmar when he was most active. Look at Valten here who is suppose to be the spitting image of Sigmar. His mask is identical to the Stormcast mask.
>>
>>48685711
man you sure hate having friends huh ?
>>48685847
nah you can choose any hero for an artifact
>>
>>48685889

Well, that conflicts with initial statements about them and is kinda racist, but okay.
>>
>>48685910
His face*
>>
>>48685880
Specifically said he put on the mantle of administrating god-king in favor of warrior god though. Sends his warriors to do the fighting since the Battle of Black Skies. The armor and mask is to make them a vision of sigmar's wrath and vengeance, the chaos boys are supposed to be unnerved since they all look the same on the outside. The armor is basically sigmar/grimnir's design choice. And if you look at Azyrheim art we're not in barbarian Kansas anymore. It's all vaulted gold and soaring arches now, not crumbling stone forts. I guess an aestethic upgrade was in order both for architecture and warriors.
>>
>>48685924
Go start an Elf Lives Matter group.
>>
>>48685910

Young Sigmar predates even the end of the first setting by several thousand years, and would be of no cultural relevance to the people of the newer setting.
>>
>>48685924
>conflicts with initial statements about them

There is no initial statements about them being anything else but human. Except for what Josh Reynolds said in the early stages of AoS that <paraphrasing> "GW is keeping things ambiguous. Do whatever you want I don't give a fuck lol".
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 636x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 636x356px
>>48685880
And he still kinda wants to fight, but loaned out his hammer.
>>
>>48685935

You can do a more advanced look without abruptly shifting from Conan to Rome. It's pretty jarring when a faction entirely based around emulating Sigmar has no asthetic links to prior depictions of they guy they're emulating.
>>
File: Age of Sigmar.jpg (338KB, 1625x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Age of Sigmar.jpg
338KB, 1625x1057px
>>48685942
I don't think so. Clean shaven Sigmar was a thing in the Age of Myth. Picture related.
>>
>>48685976
It's literally been thousands of years since he came to the Realms. It's not abrupt.
>>
>>48685966
that's a really cool piece of fluff, thanks anon probably my favorite in all of aos so far
where is it from ?
>>
>>48685966

Remember it being a specific plot point in the End Times that Sigmar didn't need the physical hammer, and indeed the hammer of light he generated from his own power had a superior in-game profile to the physical Ghal Maraz?
>>
>>48685935
>Battle of Black Skies

You mean battle of Burning Skies. That was the battle where Archaon tricked him into throwing his hammer.

Battle of Black Skies is the battle where Archaon killed Nagash.
>>
>>48685999

Of course it's fucking abrupt, we didn't cover that timeskip.
>>
>>48686015
It's literally in the first book they released.
>>
>>48686001
Godbeasts.
>>48686006
Yeah, I mixed them up.
>>
>>48686006
Archaon: He Gets Shit Done.
>>
>>48686001
And for more fluff about sigmar/azyrheim I will recommend the Quest for Ghal Maraz books, both campaign and BL one.
>>
>>48686020

As in, we didn't experience it first hand. It was a time skip.

Jesus Christ, I'm not sure what the point of this pedantic sidetrack even is: We, the audience, went straight from Sigmar as Conan if he were a god to Sigmar as Jupiter. The Stormcast asthetic had no relevance to Sigmar's prior asthetic or characterisation. That is what I am calling jarring.
>>
>>48685306
WE WUZ SIGMARMARINES AND SHIET
>>
>>48686062
Is this joke not done yet? It happens every single time someone posts any black models.
>>
>>48686054
>Sigmar founds the Empire in the Old World out of a bunch of semi-barbarian savages
>TIMESKIP
>Suddenly the Empire has advanced metallurgy, masonry, and gunpowder
What the fuck, how the Empire get all that stuff. We didn't see it get developed, it was all done in a timeskip.
>>
Really wanting to get into AOS as I love the sylvaneth models. How do the tree-folk armies play out? And how does Alarielle compare to the other colossals? Played fantasy but never AOS
>>
>>48685306

Huh, human faces. Does this mean we might actually get some female stormcast at some point?
>>
>>48686103
Treemen's good, Alirali's eh. Sylvaneth as an army are top tier though.
>>
>>48686104
Femalecast were mentioned to exist in the fluff but who wants to look at grotesque muscled ladies? Imagine a naked marine. Give him tits. That's what they look like.
>>
>>48686003
>Remember it being a specific plot point in the End Times that Sigmar didn't need the physical hammer

Quite the opposite, Archaon trashed Sigmar when he wielded his fake Ghal Maraz. Siggy only gained his full power when he grabbed hold of the real Ghal Maraz in Middenheim.
>>
File: 1394835869476.jpg (89KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1394835869476.jpg
89KB, 350x350px
>>48685279

>GH comes out, brings back points
>old whfb fags rush back into the game
>but he thinks sigmarines make up the majority of order armies

wew lad

in my shop the order armies are mostly made up of former high elves, dark elves, and empire armies. We do have 2 guys collecting stormcasts through
>>
>>48686129
>who wants to look at grotesque muscled ladies?

How's your first day on the internet going?
>>
So I'm doing a Varanguard based list, I have six of the knights and the old Archaon of Horse instead of deamon dragon to save me points and ensure I get the buffs.

So my varanguard hit like trucks and Archaon can change their alignment every turn. Which God support unit would give them the most useful buffs.

Khorne would mean I could rock extra attacks.
Nurgle means I could get an extra save 5+ save or reroll ones to wound
Slaanesh gives me either run and charge or swinging twice each combat phase
Tzeentch gives me reroll 1s on my saves.

Which gods support wise should I consider?
>>
File: 1467840609716.jpg (40KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1467840609716.jpg
40KB, 560x560px
>>48686129
>who wants to look at grotesque muscled ladies?
Who doesn't?
>>
2 * 5 hexwraiths
6 spirit hosts
60 skeletons (splitting depending on game size, preferably 3*20)
Mortis Engine
Cairn Wraith
Necromancer
Zombie Dragon with Vamp Lord
Eight King
First of all how does this look for an army?
Second, what's the best way to transport it all. Can someone give me a case reccomendation? My army probably won't be getting bigger than this for a long time.
And third, has anyone got some cool paint schemes for a zombie dragon? Most of my army is blue with ghostly green highlights so I'm not sure how to translate this to a big hunk of rotting flesh.
Thanks for any help lads.
>>
>>48686104
"Human".
>>
>>48685562
That would be kewl.
>>
>>48686228
More human than your family mate.
>>
Any one tried playing age of sigmar over the net? I moved to China but still want my fix. Tried Vassal AOS but it doesn't seem terribly up to date
>>
>>48686251
It's not exactly accomplished to be more human than a democrat.
>>
>>48686324
Go home /pol/.
>>
File: 1419793103688.png (372KB, 1005x576px) Image search: [Google]
1419793103688.png
372KB, 1005x576px
>>48686342
I am home.
>>
>>48685991
This Sigmar looks so much better than the one we have now.
>>
>>48686381
what's wrong with current Sigmar?
>>
>>48686381
I believe that's Sigmar in his aspect of the Warrior King.

What we have now is Sigmar in his aspect of the God King.
>>
>>48686381
>>48686399
to be fair i like beardmar over 80s metal sigmar
he just looks better from a modern point of view
>>
do command traits that affect the Allegiance bonus like Death command that that gives +1 to deathless minions or the destruction one that gives +2 to rampaging destroyers affect all those rolls or just the ones in your generals range?
>>
>>48686087

The Empire wasn't ran by Sigmar, Azyr is.

One would think the direct presence of a god would mean that god's asthetic preferences come into play, but apparently you don't think.
>>
>>48686568
Maybe his preferences changed, we've seen a change in his aspect after all.
>>
>>48686391
>>48686399
Can't really put my finger on it, I just like him better this way. His Halo needs to be a part of that. Just more divine I guess.
>>
>>48686568
Yeah, it's not like the stormcast eternals have comet and hammer iconography all over the place.

OH WAIT.
>>
>>48686559
General. See the Faq.
>>
File: Beastmen.jpg (97KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen.jpg
97KB, 736x528px
why do Aelves make for such terrible eating, /AoSG/?
>>
>>48685562
Something less mundane would be nice.
Like blue glowing angel people with white eyes or at least something slightly less terrestrial than Detroit.
>>
>>48686763
So paint them that way. There's canon blue Ogors, you can have your blue Stormcasts.
>>
Stupid question;

Am I correct to assume this - A unit of Ardboys equipped with Orruk-forged Shields works like this; unit suffer X amount of hits and then X amount of wounds, before rolling damage (d3, d6 and so on), you roll for save (4+), and after you roll damage, but before you allocate a wound, you get a second save, this time a 6++ (and always a 6++).
Or do you roll for 4+, then the wounds that slipped through (still before rolling for damage), you get a second chance of a 6++?

I'm kind of lost here, help a new player out.
>>
>>48686763
>>48686775

To add to that, AoS is heavily 'Your Dudes' friendly. Pretty much if you can make up a good reason and it doesn't go against fluff too much, you can do anything with your guys.
>>
>>48686727

Theres no meat on those bones, thats why!
>>
>>48686080
I'm glad to see at least one other person not taking it seriously. The stormcast fellatio on this board is cringey.

I'll never buy a stormcast faggit regardless of how amazing, diverse or powerful theyre portrayed. They look stupid.
>>
>>48686790
That's the right answer. Not enough to feed an ungor. Good chase though.
>>
>>48686103
Take treemen ancients to deploy forests everywhere and then spam army-teleporting shenanigans untill you have no friends left.

Easy mode: use Drycha Hamadreth.
>>
File: JOKERCRISPS.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
JOKERCRISPS.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>48684516
Guys btw whats better Woe stick or Foeblade for plague bearers?
>>
File: 1436979854394.png (47KB, 259x160px) Image search: [Google]
1436979854394.png
47KB, 259x160px
>>48684516

When a weapon deals D3 dmg do I roll for each wound seperately or once for all wounds?
>>
>>48686865
first the save, then calculating dmg, then put one dmg after another on one model until it dies, then the next model
>>
>>48684516

are the special allegiance riles in the generals handbook (and the extra weapon and ability yo ucan give your general) new or was that always in the aos rulebook.

since i cant see it anywhere i am gonna have to assume all leaders cannot join units and are just single models

wizard levels are gone right ? so all wizards are the same now.

how many command abilitys can your general have? as in is it 2 or does the inspiring presence rule get replaced with a generals own command ability.
>>
>>48686834
My feeling is rerolls to hit will help more than some extra attacks from the back rank.
>>
>>48686985
The allegiance and stuff is new with the GHB. All heroes are single models. Wizards are separated only in that some can cast more than one spell a turn, or have bonuses to casting. General can have his normal command ability or inspiring presence. Or others in addition if the scenario gives extra command abilities. Can still only use one per turn unless special rules state otherwise (like FEC's Royal Family batallion)
>>
>>48686611
I like the halo on ghal maraz, makes it seem like the divine weapon that it really is

The one that the Celestant-Prime uses is very underwhelming
>>
>>48686865
depends on the wording
regular saves are rolled for the whole d3
>>
>>48686165
Looks like a skeleton list build around the Mortis engine, i've seen that do well and i know the Zombie dragon lord is very powerful.

That said do you or anyone else know if you can still field a Zombie Dragon or Gheist without it's rider?

I looked at the handbook couldn't find it, someone in the prev thread said both riderless and with a rider they both cost 320 points, is this true? i ask because i have the model but no vampire to place on it. If they are both the same pts cost i guess you're at a disadvantage
>>
>>48686776

Bump!
Anyone actually plays this game who can help a new player out. Or are you all new to this game?

Unit takes a 6++ save before or after you roll for damage, a small but important question.
>>
>>48687060
>48687060
gheist yes , zombie dragon i don't know but i don't think so
>>
>>48686865

What this guy said >>48686888

Unit A hits X times and wounds Y times, you roll for save and THEN you apply the damage (1, 2, d3, d6 and so forth).
>>
>>48686776
>>48687075
errr my feeling is you roll the 4+ , determine damage and then you roll the 6+ for every wound you've taken
so if you took 3 damage from 1 attack you still roll 3 6++
>>
>>48687060
they both got grouped into flesh eater for the individuals
>>
>>48687098
this is how my shop decided how it worked
>>
>>48687157
You can also use them independent of FEC, see Beasts of the Grave in app. No FEC keyword.
>>
>>48686865
You don't roll once and multiply, you would roll a separate d3 for each failed save.
>>48687098
This is my interpretation as well
>>
The fluff mentions that Archaon ranks higher than daemon princes and kings in the ladder of Chaos.

What's the difference between a Daemon King and a Daemon Prince?
>>
>>48687060
There are two versions of mount less terrorghiest and zombie dragon. There is a mount less z/dragon and terrorghiest that are fec, and another warscrolls for each as "beasts of the grave"...both have differing rules... And then you also have warscrolls for the mounted versions, so either a vampire Lord (can not currently be mounted on terrorghiest) or a goul King (on either). So from the one box there is actually 7 different warscrolls...and it is 320 for at least the fec unmounted ones
>>
File: kekaccepts.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
kekaccepts.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>48687017
true thanks
>>
>>48684953
Out of curiosity, why do you prefer that Chaos take the living city?
>>
So can I take Cannon/mortar and Knights with a free peoples army in competitive play? Having trouble understanding how to set up my old Empire army.

Cheers.
>>
>>48687358
battalions are actually based off keywords, so if your battalion says it wants a TERROGHEIST then any model with the TERROGHEIST keyword can fit into that battalion
>>
>>48687433

Yes. The empire war scrolls in the generals handbook have points and are completely legal as are their battalions.
>>
>>48687358
I see. i had no idea there was 7 variants. Alright thanks, good to know it's 320, but what does Fec mean? are you referring to the one in the GA: Death book? (Just found it)

>>48687438
Yeah this is important for inserting named characters into battalions. Though i forget where this is clarified as a real rule, i think it was first confirmed via twitter
>>
>>48687476
it was in the FAQ i think
>>
>>48687476
Flesh Eater Courts : F.E.C.
>>
>>48687316
Bloodthirster vs a deamon prince.

Deamon Kings are generally Greater Demons of the gods, Princes are mortals that have ascended to deamonhood.
>>
>>48684660
I think it's that as he planned to use them in addition to his other breasts, not in replacment, he's stuck with nothing but to run them with their own rules, but then they won't be daemons like the rest of the army
>>
File: 1439117212222.jpg (577KB, 3574x2512px) Image search: [Google]
1439117212222.jpg
577KB, 3574x2512px
There will never be a rat ogre none breaker model. Why live
>>
File: ThanquolBoneripper.jpg (50KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
ThanquolBoneripper.jpg
50KB, 600x620px
>>48687957

Dude, you got Thanquol & Boneripper model, anyone with half a brain and the slightest of interest in this hobby can convert something awesome from this that matches the description of the model you posted a warscroll on.

Geez, did the lazy kids that wants everything straight from the box to fit their needs just arrive with AoS? Whats next, pre-painted miniatures?
>>
>>48688052
Anyone with half a brain and the slightest knowledge of the hobby or the Skaven race would know Boneripper is far too big to represent a generic Bone-Breaker, the Rat ogre sized mount of a Warlord. Boneripper counting as something with 7 wounds is stupid

Maybe get your shit straight before you mouth off
>>
>>48688052
Why does he have four guns for hands? Don't you think you'd want your giant rat ogre to at least be able to pick something up?
>>
>>48684953
fuck of
order has been taking hueg losses for every clash in the universe since its conception
it's time chaos starts losing ground for once
>>
>>48687957
Because Bonebreakers were always kinda lazy imo, I'd much rather see a Warlord on a Warlitter. And yes, esspecially since it's a Rip-off of the dwarven shieldbearers.

The whole idea of the posturing and false sense of courage and battlelust is what makes Verminus so hilarious.
>>
>>48688052
Who doesn't love boneripper but he is closer to repressnting an up gunned female Skaven than a bone breaker.

Seriously though, model like 8 pairs of tits and their you go - Clan Skyre Breeder.
>>
File: Skaven mfw.jpg (129KB, 958x844px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven mfw.jpg
129KB, 958x844px
>>48687957
>>48688160

>There will never be a plastic war-litter, bonebreaker, or pox rat
>There will never be a weapon team kit
>There will never be a new Gutter-runner kit
>>
>>48688149
The only real victory chaos had was the end times.
>>
>>48688188
>There will never be new Jezzails
>There will never be new Skryre Acolytes (Kinda hopefull on this one, since they got a name change)

It's the only thing I dislike about skaven, that 50% of the range is really great, among the best GW has ever made, and 50% is old and aweful.

Still hopefull that they will update the Night Runners kit when their Battletome comes out.

A Night Runners/Gutter Runners dual kit would be a dream come true.
>>
>>48688052
>>48688127
>>48688105

I'm gonna use a kitbashed one as a Hell Pit Abomination in my mostly Skryre themed army. Would that be agreeable?

(Kitbash involves making every arm a different weapon, so far it's 1 Censer, 1 Projector, 1 Stormfiend Lightning Claw, 1 Stormfiend Drill)

Thanquol has become a seer on foot.
>>
>>48688254

I would kill for a Weapon team/Jezzial kit and i don't even play Skryre.

Once i hoped for a Globadier/Censer bearer kit, but Censers are so shitty i wouldn't want it anymore. But yes a modern Gutter-runner box i would buy in a heartbeat

Is the Poison wind mortar the only model GW advertises in army books but does not actually sell? i think it's the last one.
>>
>>48686156
Old model doesn't have ever chosen keyword so Varanguard aren't battle line
>>
Recent lore mentions the supreme leader of Masterclan and Skavendom.

Could it be Thanqoul?
>>
>>48688278
Yeah he's a perfect Hellpit sized model, that sounds cool, take a photo and post it.

>>48688319
Either him or Skreech VerminKing, hopefully the former
>>
>>48688309
Think so, Although I think they'll release all the IoB Skryre stuff at some point. Possibly when the Skaven/Skryre battletome comes out.

Although a kit that could make every weapon team + jezzails should be possible. Think about it, they are both on cavalry bases and feature 2 Skaven. Sound doable to me except that the box would be super weird since it either has to feature 3 sets which wouldn't make sense for weapon teams or 1 team which wouldn't make sense for Jezzails.

So 1 kit for Jezzails which can be built into a new unit and seperate clampacks for all the weapon teams would be our best bet (they have all the moulds ready, they'd just have to update the ratling.
>>
>>48688352
I'll post his blutacked form and my PWG kitbash in a future thread. I just need to find my fcking blutac.
>>
>>48688105

>Buhu, I'm to retarded to imagine a kit-bash so instead Ill just sit and whine like the little bitch I am.

Well, at least you manage that part good.
This is a game concentrating on creating great looking models and awesome conversions. I think you belong in /v/, get out.
>>
>>48688127

Perhaps its interchangeable arms, so you can switch between fights? Or not really, this beast is probably locked up tight when not used, being tube-fed like a god damn overgrown hamster.
>>
>>48688227
ofcourse
but every almost one of their defeats included burned down cities and dead innocents regardless
>>
>>48688127
for maximum burn-burning you dumb slave, BACK TO THE PIT WITH YOU

*cracks whip*
>>
File: thickness.webm (771KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
thickness.webm
771KB, 640x640px
>>48686164
muscle ladies a best
>>
>>48688254
>there will never be good looking cold ones for seraphon
>never be coatle modles
>>
File: whatsupdoc.jpg (218KB, 1482x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whatsupdoc.jpg
218KB, 1482x1000px
>>48687957
>Rabit Fury

>Rabit

>not rabid

>Rabit
>>
>>48688278

If you make it your model, I would definitely not have a problem with it. If you go through the length of doing some actual converting, this guy could easily fit the bill, no matter what twats like >>48688105 says. Guys like him gives this hobby a bad name and should go back to playing mage-knight pre-painted action figures.

This hobby builds upon cornerstones, painting, gaming and building. Building being the part where you as a hobbyist has the option to create something that is unique to your army alone.
>>
>>48688539
Diamonds just like the dream I had with that saurus lady
>>
>>48688227
you dumb nigger do you even know what the Age of Chaos is

its like The End Times times infinity
>>
>>48688498
>This game is about making totally ebin models XDD don't think about anything just kitbash it'll look great!
>Anyone i don't like is from /v/

Yeah fuck off sperg. When you get called out for being overly aggressive and pedantic try and handle it a little better than this next time.

Also you spelled 'Boo-hoo' wrong whilst calling me retarded, i think you belong in school.
>>
>>48688597

Dude, you where the whiny little bitch not able to imagine a kit-bash to begin with, so fuck of back to /v/ with you, we don't need your kind here.

>Misspelled something
>Cherry picking

Now theres a sure sign knowing you cant win the argument.
>>
File: 1422991994019.png (199KB, 376x302px) Image search: [Google]
1422991994019.png
199KB, 376x302px
>>48688498

>Buhu
>>
>>48688637

Get over it grammar Nazi

https://www.google.se/search?q=buhu&biw=1920&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6kvf_nLLOAhUIOJoKHWQ5AT4Q_AUIBigB
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 768x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 768x899px
I think Tempestors are okay
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 680x583px
>>48688671

>star drake sniped my +1 hit hero
>Crossbow dinosaurs put a -1 on my stormfiends
>to hit rolls explode on a natural roll of 7
>>
>>48688631
There is no argument here. you have resorted to meme-spouting and calling me a 'whiny bitch' in every post.

A Bone-Breaker is the size of a Rat-ogre.
BoneRipper is far far larger than that.
Boom. Done. That's it.

Your original post attacked the guy lamenting the lack of an official Bonebreaker model telling him he's a child and lacks imagination, a very savage conclusion to draw.

Ironically you and your posts seem to fit the description for the average hostile shitpost on /v/ and are certainly projecting hard enough. So by your own poor logic i suggest you yourself return there :^)
>>
>>48688671
The idea is good and they're not terrible from a gameplay perspective, but with points now they're just way too fucking expensive for what they do. A debuffer with ok damage is paying out the ass because of the body it's on.
>>
>>48688776
>but with points this model is bad

go back to 40k
>>
>>48688785
>not playing Matched

Fuck off, points are the only thing that's keeping interest in the game.
>>
>>48688758
just ignore him at this point anon
>>
>>48688825
>Fuck off, points are the only thing that's keeping interest in the game.

>better sales than whfb before points

>herp derp only points

you literally came from 40k/9thage/kow, go back there
>>
>>48688758

Again, this is a game that puts focus on the miniatures, and you as a hobbyist ability to create these awesome conversions.
If you whine because a warscroll exists, that no official model has yet to be released for, you just need to look for answers.
If you instead starts to whine (like a little bitch), you essentially cuts away a large portion of this hobby.
Now, this model might become to large for your taste, but it doesn't change the fact that it could be a viable conversion that would no doubt look awesome on the table.

You can argue back and forth "buh he only has 7 wounds" "he´s to large" and so on, but if I ran in to a cunt like that at my local, dissing my hard work because it had the wrong proportions (in his opinion), id smack him right in the face for being such an asshole.
>>
File: 1464639679138-0.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1464639679138-0.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>
File: image.jpg (648KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
648KB, 2048x1536px
Posting a Slaughterpriest convo I found on the net.
>>
>>48688835

Nice answering to your own post. Not to classy though.
>>
>>48688860
>If you whine because a warscroll exists, that no official model has yet to be released for, you just need to look for answers.

It's a shitty fan-made warscroll anon
>>
>>48688776

They do respectable damage even without the rider having any rend, the Dracoth itself is still a decent source of damage spikes and mortal wounds.
>>
>>48688869
I need more angles of this sex-bomb
>>
>>48684620

Careful lad, last time someone pointed out the order players sperged for the next 3 threads.
>>
>>48688883

Dude, this is AoS, anything "fan-made" is just about as good quality as the real deal if not better.
>>
>>48688835
Yeah i know, What can i say I'm just painting Undead casually and replying when i know i shouldn't bother.

I'm 100% sure I've seen this idiot before, i recognize his poor grammar and posting style

>>48688785
You're delusional if you think AoS wasn't saved by a posts system. This goes for anyone.

Free play as fine, but points keep things interesting and brought back the dwindling playerbase
>>
File: 1439166399017.png (381KB, 1945x1977px) Image search: [Google]
1439166399017.png
381KB, 1945x1977px
>>48688860
I made that wascroll last year in paint
>>
>>48688589
>Order rules the mortal realms in aeons of golden age
>"Order always loses"
>Chaos rules for 1000 years
>"Chaos never loses omg they need to lose everything"

There is a time when the plebian shows...
>>
>>48688932
>You're delusional if you think AoS wasn't saved by a posts system. This goes for anyone.
>Free play as fine, but points keep things interesting and brought back the dwindling playerbase

youre actually ignoring the financial report and you are actually delusional by definition
>>
File: hesgoingallout.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
hesgoingallout.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>48688930
>>
what happened to the 10am shitposter
>>
>>48688899
Then you need to ask on the fb aos group.
>>
>>48689026
I'm a cave-dwelling frog, I don't have a fb
>>
>>48688860
> Builds model far larger then its supposed to be
>In a game where the size of a model is very important as it determines its offensive abilities because of measuring from base/model,
>Not understanding why this is a problem and crying about "Muh Creativity"

Holy Shit anon, modeling a model bigger/smaller then it should be actually matters in this game. Stop being a retard.

If someone tries to model an Ogre unit, except use giants for the models and making them huge I would defiantly make him play them as giants, they are too big to be ogres. How stupid can you be
>>
File: 1470454149812.webm (3MB, 854x470px) Image search: [Google]
1470454149812.webm
3MB, 854x470px
fun units for a Khorne army?
>>
>>48689077
Bloodbound, all of it.

Also the Bloodthirster with the giant axe that pops mortal wounds on 6s. Once saw one do 71 mortal wounds when he charged into the middle of my army and rolled three 6s. It was a quick game after that...
>>
>>48689053
I understand your frustration at model range, but consider the following: You're a fucking retard.

>Giants instead of ogres
Ignoring the cost of that unit (money wise) you're swapping a lot of stats down to make the model an ogre. Giving up lots of attacks and wounds.

Next the giant is only marginally bigger than an ogre in terms of footprint on the table, most of the size is vertical which isn't increasing the range of your melee weapons.

With all this vertical range basically anything with a ranged weapon has line of sight to this "squad" at which point you can freely shoot the 4 WOUND OGRE and easily kill it.

In a more general sense assuming someone is modelling their toys to be bigger than normal it's actually a disadvantage to them as they begin to edge out their models in close combat effectively denying them range.

It's actually better to model for advantage by making your units smaller so you can have a higher saturation of your unit against their unit in close combat, giving you a much stronger alpha strike.
>>
>>48689077
Skullcrushers

Hellcannons

Skarbrand

Bloodsecrators

I like Khorgoraths, they're cute, but not very good
>>
File: Tide.jpg (31KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tide.jpg
31KB, 500x360px
>>48688960
>Yfw there wouldn't be an AoS General to shitpost in if Matched play hadn't saved the game.

Feels good to be the chemo
>>
>>48689141
>aos moving as fast as 40k, even before general's handbook

yeah, points sure are the saving grace
>>
>>48689186
>aos moving as fast as 40k, even before general's handbook

nice forced meme
>>
>>48689077

Bloodsectrator, Bloodstoker, and a Bloodthirster, pair him up with Skarbrand for maximum Big Guy Fun.

Also works great with Chaos Knights and Chosen with the Khorne mark. Skullcrushers, too, of course. Blood Warriors have a great kit as well.

I know Blood Reavers are 'hot' but I've never been satisfied with their performance unless I take like 60+ and I hate using that many models for what is suppose to be a chaff unit.

They also make Chaos Warriors with Runeshields both a very tough AND modestly damaging unit. Maybe players are surprised when mine suddenly start pushing out a bunch of attacks after absorbing a charge.
>>
>>48689228

Oh no... The 40k babies are here.

I wish you twats would stop winding them up.
>>
>>48689186
>what's shitposting?
>what's promises of the handbook?
>>
>>48689292
Have you seen their containment thread? It's utter garbage whining about rules and tau and points. Always the points.
>>
>>48689186
>>48689292
>muh financial report

non-matched play fags need to leave.
>>
>>48688960
>youre actually ignoring the financial report
not him, but the financial report mentions a relevant increase in the rate of sales during the end of the [financial] year, when the handbook was confirmed and a shitload of discount boxes were released.
>>
>>48689032
Then I'll do it for you, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 470x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 470x480px
>>48689032
And here:
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 720x540px
>>48689463
>>
>>48689315

I'll take 40k kids over AoSbabies telling themselves that GW throwing everything in the garbage and telling them instead to 'forge a narrative' both reinvented and saved tabletop gaming forever (before they rushed out points to get back customers they desperately needed)
>>
>>48689501
or you can just fucking chill out and paint minis and not be a dick on the internet
>>
File: image.jpg (675KB, 2048x1530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
675KB, 2048x1530px
>>48689483
>>
File: spoon feed.jpg (19KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
spoon feed.jpg
19KB, 460x276px
>>48689463
>>48689483
>>48689032
You don't need facebook to see facebook posts you idiots.
>>
>>48689501
Ay look, grampa here is STILL butthurt over GW not supporting his favorite toy game.

PRO-TIP: YOU CAN STILL PLAY FANTASY
But hey, the reason your shitty game died is because you'd rather harrass people in the internet than play, even worse you talk shit about AoS IN THE AoS GENERAL and expect a serious response!

How about you fuck off?
>>
>>48689337
Don't try and use logic on it
>>
File: 1458774549097.jpg (381KB, 1312x2280px) Image search: [Google]
1458774549097.jpg
381KB, 1312x2280px
>>48689053

>Not understanding its a game your supposed to have fun in
>not realizing he´s in AoS general

Dude, go back to warmahordes where the obsession of making things by the book has gone so far as to give out rules on how when and where you can convert a miniature.

I wont argue, if someone makes a conversion that tries to bend the rules in his favor for the obvious reason to win. He is a WAAC fucking asshole who deserves to be left alone at your local game store. But if he is a serious hobbyist, having made his list unique, filled to the brim with conversions and cool shit, your the asshole for not letting him play.

Theres this guy who tried to play EPIC miniatures of larger creatures in 40k a while back, thats the guy who´s a dick. And then theres this guy who made a zombie giant out of a action figure mummy, just to fit the theme of his skellie force, this is a true hobbyist.
And by your recognition, you should diss both guys the same? Nah man, your the fucking retard here.
>>
>>48688785
Daily reminder that this game would still be dead if it wasn't for points
>>
>>48689007
He lost his job, now his schedule is less predictable.
>>
>>48689532
But you need it to see a closed group, dumbo.
>>
>>48685548
who gives a shit

at said I wouldn't mind them finally having non human stormcast or at least a chick just to lessen the "they're just magic space marines"
>>
>>48685715
so far it doesn't seem so they're most just mad at chaos

the books show they do question sigmar order a few times but since Sigmar isn't a dumbass like the emperor he normally gives decent reasons and earn there trust
>>
>>48689718

The problem with points is not the points itself. I think its a great thing to get a cornerstone down, something to lay back on so to speak. But the problem arise when all the 40k players arrive at your door, actually believing its the same points they use in 40k, when in fact its not.
GW even explains this in the GHB, and says it should be used as a reference. Hence, its not something written in stone. The core elements of this game is still only 4 pages of rules, and so relies heavily on forging a narrative, creating a game where you and your opponent tells a story, and most importantly, to simply have fun. But, being a butt hurt 40k fan, who´s sole nature is to sit and nag about unfair rules, how GW is shit, and how OP all the teams you don't play are, you simply cant handle it when someone says "well, if you don't like it, change it so that it works" or "if you think its unfair, why don't you take some more units to try and balance the game out?". This is, as far as you know, against the "rules" as he would 1- break the points, and 2- make stuff up for his benefit (aka, playing house rules).

Bottom line is, points or no points, AoS is not a game to be taken to serious about. Its supposed to be a fun game with fluffy rules based on cool miniatures.
>>
>>48689718
Stupid, dumb, 40k scum.
>m-muh points
Matched play was a mistake. I'm glad your shitty game is dying and going to be replaced, it's going to feel so good to be rid of you vermin.

Age of the emperor when?
>>
>>48689906
Some visual divergence would do them some favors
>>
>>48689941

Space Marines sell better than the entire AoS range. You should be on your knees and beg me to support GW further with my SM purchases so they can release AoS tablescraps for the likes of you.
>>
>>48689907
But I have fun with rules and by taking it seriously, rules are the only thing that can be trusted, players will always find a reason to abuse shit
>>
>>48689941
>Matched play was a mistake.
It's like a human being, but instead of speaking it just spews nonsense.

AoS was a fine game with no way to balance shit for pickup games. Maybe that's alright when it's just you and your cousin jerking each other off in the basement, but for everyone else it was far from ok.
>>
>>48689941
The real reason AoS worked was by nuking an unsavlagable community, the same is what 40k needs, the player community is absolute garbage, so another reboot to drive them off is just what we need
>>
>>48690009
I don't think matched play was the only factor myself, bUT I can imagine it helps for people who don't get to play with people they can trust all the time, something to serve as a corner stone
>>
File: 1470083852338.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470083852338.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>48690016

>just what we need

does your smug self righteous ass even play 40k?

>inb4 no but I would spend $10k if they AoS'd it
>>
>>48690016
Amen, 40k players should be fucking thrown out the window and it's player base driven off by an angry mob.

You either die a hero a live long enough to become a villain and 40k is the modern day villain of the gaming community.
>>
>>48689978

The core element of AoS is build on the idea that you play with friends. That you build a narrative that you and your friends expand on, you create a story so to speak.
I'm not judging, but we both know all players cant have fun by simply following the rules. We have seen this already in the core release of AoS. When faced with the opportunity to create balance themselves, players lost their fucking mind and brought everything but the kitchen sink to the table. After a majority of those players lost interest (apparently, its no fun to play cheesy, if its ok by the rules), the "right player base" was left. The players who actually enjoyed AoS for what it was. I just finds it weird that you simply cannot enjoy a game without points. If you play list A, cost of X points, you could just as easily play the same list, simply not counting the points. You would just bring the miniatures that you personally like to the table.

This is NOT a game supposed to be brought down to the local tournament, sitting on the internet coming up with the best WAAC list of all times, comparing points and units and how unfair stuff are for your special snowflake army and so forth.
>>
>>48690121

The only people left who play 40k are the ones that absolutely nobody liked. A reboot would hopefully drive them into NEET suicide or at least drown them in real human being players
>>
>>48689973
>Space Marines sell better than the entire AoS range.
There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who actually believe this, holy shit. Hey, how about you dredge the stale "hurr Betrayal at Calth sold better than the AoS starter" meme up next.

>>48689978
Find a better class of people to play against. Seriously. I've yet to see anyone try the kind of shit on me in AoS that I thought was standard procedure in 40k like rolling behind my back, moving units when I'm not looking, "forget" that their units didn't have a specific special rule. Happened all the fucking time in 40k, but never in AoS.
>>
>>48690177
>This is NOT a game supposed to be brought down to the local tournament, sitting on the internet coming up with the best WAAC list of all times, comparing points and units and how unfair stuff are for your special snowflake army and so forth.

That isn't the game the market wants. The release of the GH and the uptick in sales absolutely proves this.
>>
>>48690016
>The real reason AoS worked was by nuking an unsavlagable community
You undertsand nothing of how communities work.
>>
>>48690016

This, so fucking much!
I'm fine with matched play, as long as you keep it as an open book, willing to mix and match with other fun rules of the GHB. I'm also ok understanding that GW cant write balanced rules for shit, and thus, points should only be seen as a help, "friendly reminder" to see if you and your opponent are on the same scale of things.
>>
>>48690121
You should really rename that image at some point m8, because by now all of us have memorized the filename so we always know it's you posting your bullshit, we don't even need to read your posts when you post that picture.
>>
>>48690121
I have a necron army, I have played it, and generally find that the community itself demands change and yet recoils at every change they get, they don't seem to have any desire to actually be happy
>>
>>48690211

>He believes in the AoS is doing as well as 40k meme

And you have the nerve to talk of stale memes. Fook off.
>>
>>48690214

That still doesn't change that fact that what I said was right. When GW created AoS, they didn't want this, and thats all I explained to you. Now if you want to go call your dog a cat, go right ahead, it still doesn't make you right you know.
>>
>>48690177
I don't trust "friends" I trust rules, rules can't lie or cheat
>>
>>48687024
how do you know what wizards can cast more then 1 spell ?

(looking at butchers, kind of disappointing they can only reliably cast 1 great maw spell)

so a general can only ever have 1 command ability unless an additional scenario one appears?

what is a good tournament rules pack to use in local tourneys?
>>
>>48690178
>It's a elitist guy wants a group of people he only makes assumptions about to die and claims himself as the type of community any game needs episode
>>
>>48690298

Then your exactly the kind of player AoS doesn't need, you know this right?

If you set in to a game like AoS, that has 4 pages of loosely written rules, claiming the reason you play games are that you trust the rules, your simply running around the wrong neighborhood.
Go to warmahordes, they are filled to the brim with players who actually worships the rules as "law", and a community backed up by the creators of the game 24-7, to answer any rules disputes that might appear. That is a game, with added miniatures to it, not the other way around as the case of GW games.
>>
>>48690178
Funny, I'd say the same thing about the AoS players I know.

All the worst king of WAAC shits love AoS because they can just load up on the most op bullshit they can find and every time you put a unit on the table they put on two because before matched play there was nothing to tell them to stop.

I put my Orks and Gob- oh sorry, " Ouurks andGrots" army down on the table and he slaps down a Bloodthirster and 6 Slaanesh daemon princes. he informs me that if I activate a unit within, 6" I think it was, of a daemon prince it gets to activate and attack before I do so his whole army gets to attack before I even get a single hit in.

This is the kind of shit I've come to expect from this game, if it wasn't for matched play it would be dead in the water.
>>
>>48690259
AoS > 40k

Deal with it 40k vermin, can't wait for Age of the emperor.
>>
>>48690259
>I protest Space Marines alone doing better than AoS
>hurr AoS doing better than 40k what a moron durr
nice goalpost-shifting, m80

Well at this point whenever I come to the local GW store I see five people either playing or painting AoS and one 40k player sitting in a corner building a list and praying that another person takes pity on him and plays him, but you just keep telling yourself AoS is failing.

Please stop kicking the piss out of us now, it hurts so bad
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 389x226px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 389x226px
>>48690306
It says in the warscroll. See pic. Can attempt to cast x spells in the magic phase.
>>
>>48690366

That things only lasted the first month of AoS, when they realized there is always a bigger fish, it just wasn't fun any more.
Besides, it apparently isn't fun to play WAAC if anyone can just do it, and its ok by the rules. I guess it felt to much like legalized cheating I guess, and so they quit playing.

And you know how you root out the WAAC players right? you just say "you can play with what you have fully painted and based", there, problem solved. Because a majority of the players who owned just about anything, also had a majority of unpainted grey armies.
>>
>>48690269
The GW that created AoS is very different from the GW now. That was the GW that said "our audience doesn't even play games they just exist to give us money". I wouldn't play AoS under those people. I will play it under a company that releases TGH and Matched.
>>
>tfw have a fantasy and 40k army so if one game gets iffy then you can just play the other till things clear up
Being open minded is fun
>>
>>48690365
>waaaah stop talking about rules in a game

Fuck off bab
>>
>>48690306
>how do you know what wizards can cast more then 1 spell ?
It's written in the "Magic" portion of the rule of a caster. The ones that can cast more than one spell (usually named characters) have it written there. "Mannfred can cast two spell per turn and attempt to unbind two spell per turn" or something like that

>so a general can only ever have 1 command ability unless an additional scenario one appears?
Or a character/formation allow them to use/have more then one.
For example the Flesh-Eater Courts have a huge formation of formations that, among other things, lets your general know all the command abilities of all the heroes of the formation and use three of them per turn
>>
>>48690464
>The GW that created AoS is very different from the GW now.
It's the same GW: none left, none new came, kirby just moved from CEO to puppetter behind the curtain.
>>
>>48690447
It only stopped recently and ONLY because of matched play.

GW are completely stupid for releasing the game without points to try and balance things, now real players can have actual games while the idiots decry having to bring actual troops rather than just 10 giant monsters.
>>
>>48690366
>I put my Orks and Gob- oh sorry, " Ouurks andGrots" army down on the table and he slaps down a Bloodthirster and 6 Slaanesh daemon princes
Things That Never Happened

>All the worst king of WAAC shits love AoS because they can just load up on the most op bullshit they can find
Except this has never happened after the first week of AoS where the WHFB crowd was still in the anger stage of the stages of grief.

>every time you put a unit on the table they put on two because before matched play there was nothing to tell them to stop.
Someone didn't read the rules
>>
>>48690447
>That things only lasted the first month of AoS
You're fucking delusional. There is no idyllic playerbase that never games rules or brings annoying shit, get over it.
>>
>>48690464
I agree, not specifically because of the existance of matched play, but because of what the release of it means, it means you have a game run by people who give a shit about if the game you have is fun, and can turn potential mistakes into something that works
>>
>>48690447
No, you just say "I don't want to play against that". Don't see the need to bring painting/basing into it. If someone turns up with fully-painted WAAC bullshit you still don't have to play them.
>>
>>48690487

It's interesting to see the narrative within /aosg/ change from villainizing WHFB oldfags to 40kers now.
>>
>>48690521
>Being this delusional
>HURR THAT NEVER HAPOPENED UR LYING
I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of that post.
>>
>>48689715
>>48689120

>Opponent builds his models completely wrong
>Its MY fault he fucked up
>I have to deal with his bullshit or its not "fun"

My opponents inability to build proper models and being bad at modeling under the guise of "muh creativity" is not my fault. To think otherwise is shitty thinking anon. They can build whatever they damn want but if it doesn't fit the goddamn unit they are running it as I ain't buying and he aint playing. Congrats on the display model.

His shity "narrative" is not my problem. Its a game, it has rules. Ergo if they are breaking the rules or bending them in stupid, unneeded ways, then fuck them.

Holy shit these guys are bad...
>>
>>48690526
Nice autism.
>>
>>48690510
>cheap starter sets
>cheap start collecting boxes
>points after clamoring
>FAQs based on community questions and responses
>using social media to get feedback and talk to the community

Yeah man no fucking changes here.

Keep bitching and looking for things to cling to.
>>
>>48690518

>real players
>not able to coop with a scenario driven game system

Yea, you sure fits the bill of a true gamer....
>>
ITT:
>My local club/store saw This Trend
>Therefore this is the way things are everywhere
(And this goes for both sides of the current argument, by the way. You're both arguing on the basis of your local experience.)
>>
>>48690598
People are arguing about things they solely heard about on /tg/, like every Warhammer thread ever made
>>
>>48690570
>I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of that post
So you admit you have no ground to stand on.
>>
>>48690584
>shit i dont have uh response
>"heh autist"
>GOTEM

Go back to school.
>>
>>48690571
Holy shit, just fuck off back to 40k general or the warhammer fantasy thread or whatever shithole you spawned from.

What part of 'narrative driven games system' do you NOT understand? Like, maybe a wizard makiced them big, did you ever think of that?
>>
>>48690531

Your absolutely right. Though I myself would find a great deal of more respect for the guy who actually puts down a beautiful army on the table, WAAC or not.
>>
>>48690598
Points are healthy for the game no matter what is happening at your FLGS. That is fucking indisputable.
>>
>>48690400
> AoS is a new game
>Its still in its honeymoon period

Seriously, once real events start happening and people realize this game is shit on the competitive scale they will all go back to 40k and leave this game to struggle just as much as Fantasy did. AoS has pretty much the worst balance and will suffer drastically from it. My store enjoyed it for the past month, but the bullshit of tournament lists will kill this game.
>>
>>48690531
this

its a game, played for fun. if you don't think a match would be fun, don't accept it, or decline it during setup if it looks like a massive shitshow. it works in 40k, it works in AoS, hell it even works for infinity, x-wing and warmachine. its pretty much the rule zero for any game ever made.
>>
>>48690487
Same here. Unfortunately, for me the iffy one is currently 40k so my gorgeous Mechanicus army has never actually seen a game board

>>48690518
Yeah, I love how I can have an actual game now. I love how these bullshit rules make me buy Beastmen and Chaos Warriors I never wanted to buy, build and paint because some dumbass decided Blightkings can't be Core if you dare to play Plague Drones and Bile Trolls. I'm fucking thankful my mate with his small batch of Glade Guard and Executioners can't find games anymore because he can't afford a fucking hero model and Matched Play makes him field one. I'm happy my Soulcast Ethereals army that I finally finished will never see use now because it's illegal to mix two GAs.
>>
>>48690571

Autism much?

At fist I would recommend you go back to 40k forum... But hell no, they don't deserve something as bad as you. You need to leave the god damn hobby, go back to /v/ and let the real hobbyists enjoy this game.
>>
>>48690674
I dispute it.

Just look at the cancer infesting this thread now the OLD fantasy players have come crawling back. The only thing they care about is winning and their points.
>>
>>48690645
>WHAAAAA I CANT BELIVE SOMEONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH PROPER MODELS!
>Implying AoS isn't being played only because it has points like fantasy and 40k and its rules are being taken seriously
>Implying a narrative can't be formed while also not modeling like a walnut
>This level of autism

Thank god the GHB and matched play is becoming the norm, soon this brand of retardation will finally be wiped out.
>>
i have not played ogres since early 8th edition.

are 6 iron guts worth taking up half my army ?

are leadbelcher's ranged attack worth having 1 less attack in close combat?

can i still use my 120 painted gnoblars?

would people play against a gnoblar battletome i make ?
>>
>>48690683
>once real events start happening and people realize this game is shit on the competitive scale they will all go back to 40k and leave this game

>th-they will surely leave this shitty game behind soon
>guys? G-guuyys? Where are you?
>why won't anyone play against my Scatterbikes and Wraithknights?
>>
>>48690697
>Investing before points came out on models
>Instead of waiting for the points like the majority of the world

Its your fault really...
>>
>>48690740
Just because you don't like the players doesn't mean an attempt at balance is bad. People wanting to run events can do so now without needing to manually read a dozen lists or wasting time futzing with people. Now you can walk into any store and play a random game and not have to worry about a half hour of discussion beforehand and a possibly onesided game anyways.

Any game that has competitive elements (i.e. Me against you, which is every fucking wargame) will have people trying to make something "competitive" that's just the way it is. Before points people were doing it with Wounds, were you bitching about that?
>>
>>48690697
And what is stopping you and your friend just playing each other? I won't play you but if you two trust each other then there is no problem.

To be honest thought, 'soulcast'? You sound like one of the old WAAC players that came over from fantasy, they ally in death wizards with their OP as a shit stormcast so they can summon non-stop all game like faggots.

If you're only in the game to win I'd at least ask you to be 'competitive' about it and not just fucking slap down the biggest and the best models in the game.
>>
>>48690683
>points are DEAD ON ARRIVAL
>no one will use them for MORE THAN A MONTH OR SO

MEMES
>>
>>48689941
Lmao I don't play 40k, I play brets cause knights are cool af.
I didn't even know the rules for fantasy properly.
All I know is when I played open play it was retarded and dogshit and a massive hassle
>>
>>48690788
>>48690674
>>48688825
>>48689718
Broken record much?
>points
>points
>points
Do you have anything else to say? Because you could, like, build or paint or play instead of posting the same thing every few minutes
>>
>>48690875
>read a dozen lists
YOU'RE STILL MISSING THE POINT, YOU DON'T BALANCE THE LISTS YOU BUILD A NARRATIVE.

If someone is being a massive shit and bring a stupidly overpowered list just to ruin the event exile them from the store, we don't need these people in the hobby.
>>
>>48690978
Honestly his type should just get one of those games that sells the pieces as card stock flats
>>
>>48690994
He has no imagination. He can only think in terms of rules and balance and winning
>>
>>48690941
>brets
Your army is a meme, or WAS meme, now it's a dead meme.

Enjoy no model or new rules support.
>>
>>48690896
>And what is stopping you and your friend just playing each other? I won't play you but if you two trust each other then there is no problem.
Nothing, but after playing the same armies against the same guy seven times in a row gets kinda stale, you know

>To be honest thought, 'soulcast'? You sound like one of the old WAAC players that came over from fantasy, they ally in death wizards with their OP as a shit stormcast so they can summon non-stop all game like faggots.
Nah, more like Spirit Hosts, Liberators and a Hero that's basically a Knight-Azyros with a spear and instead of wings he's surrounded by spirit host spirits, looks kinda like a mini-Nagash. No WAACing intended, I just think it looks awesome.
>>
File: image.jpg (290KB, 1200x643px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290KB, 1200x643px
This thread sucks. You guys suck. Discuss moonclan grots
>>
>>48690994
>Alright little timmy I know you only own a bunch of Dracoth Guards and a Stardrake because they're cool and mommy is loaded, but don't bring that shit into my store or we'll fucking exile you Lord of the Flies style you little cunt.
>>
>>48690978

Ignore him anon. He wont see play anyway. Its the same dickweed that roams the 40k area only talking, but no walking. Its literally the guy criticizing every model on /wip/, not posting any pictures of his own, because he doesn't paint. This is the guy who´s only interested in theroyhammer, but rarely never played the game. This is the guy who fields netlist´o the month, all in grey, because he cant bother painting anything, as next month he will have a new army.

This guy is a fucking joke anon, and what scares me is that he is the norm of the 40k threads these days.
>>
>>48690978
>you: wah wah points suck you suck
>everyone else: no points are good for the game are you crazy?
>you: FUCK YOU CAN'T YOU TALK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN POINTS?

2/10
>>
>>48691068
But those are goblins...?
>>
>>48691068
I just wish there were some plastic Squig boxes. Like plastic Mangler Squigs, plastic Cave Squigs, plastic Squig Riders. Alas, this will never happen. If we're really lucky, we'll get a new kind of squig unit once the Moon Gobbos get their own Battletome.
>>
>>48691016
Samefagging detected
>>
>>48691035
How was it a meme?
>>
>>48691068
starter set when?
>>
File: sisters are doomed.jpg (81KB, 800x589px) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed.jpg
81KB, 800x589px
>>48691131
See pic related.
>>
>>48691092
Kek

I started buying stuff when the Handbook was in stores and the points went up online, and I've been able to walk into one of 4 FLGSs near me and find at least 3 people looking to play Matched.
>>
File: smug kurisu.png (133KB, 286x282px) Image search: [Google]
smug kurisu.png
133KB, 286x282px
>>48691170
>lying on the internet
So why aren't you playing all these games that people are DESPERATE to have with you right now, huh?
>>
>>48690994
>Implying you cant forge a narrative while also having a balanced game...
>Caps Lock
>Upset that someone wants to play an optimized list instead of rolling over for the sake of his opponents "narrative"

Damn, someone is mad as fuck that people are knocking over his sand castle.
>>
>>48691035
only thing I care about brets is if they made some new models of the knights and put them in free people
>>
>>48691132
What would even come in a moonclan starter box?
>>
>>48691198
>Implying this is a lie

My store jumped from 2 -12 players and a full summer league the minute points came out. Nobody trusted the game before that.
>>
>>48691198
Because I work, dumbass (but not hard enough that I can't shitpost). I'm going tonight with 2000 of Stormcast.
>>
>>48687024
i thought generals get insipiring presence and their command ability if they have one , but can only use 1 each hero fase unless they get a special ability
>>
>>48691126
If only
>>
>>48691131
Basically they're the least fantasy army in the game and even though I readily admit they're cool, I think they'd fit more into a historical wargame.
They had a tiny playerbase and an even tinier part of them actually bought the GW models instead of historical models and GW kept phasing the army out more and more and more, never updating it and said tiny playerbase obviously started complaining that their ancient army book couldn't compete with Ward-Elves. So when AoS came out, GW made a genius move with Brets: They gave the entire army bullshit overpowered rules, then axed the entire model line, so that the whiny remnants of the Brets could feel like bosses for a little while and nobody else would be able to start down the same road.
>>
>>48691035
Well my existing models look really cool and it's not like they're never gunna release more knights in a fantasy game u fuckin dork
>>
>>48691225
giant, spider riders and infantry I guess
>>
Was about to ask if Varanguard were worth the 360pt investment in a 1500pts story league at my store... then I read the conversation today.

I'll try again next thread... seems a little too hostile today...
>>
>>48690843
yes
yes
yes they're called grots like the goblins now but still have their own seperate rules
depends on your local community
>>
>>48691271
>Basically they're the least fantasy army in the game
that's the empire
if i'dd gotten into the game earlier i'dd have started brets , pegasus knights look awesome
>>
>>48691296
Keep asking relevant questions like this and we might yet salvage this thread.

Varanguard are generally fun to play, stupidly powerful but so horrendously costly that they will always be outnumbered. They can only ever be at their best with Archy on the field, but they're decent even on their own. They make a great elite cavalry unit to toss at shit your Chaos Knights cannot beat and a great fast sledgehammer if the rest of your army is footslogging.
>>
>>48691423
But I want to resolve the argument, not get distracted
>>
>>48691387
Eh, Brets have Pegasi, the Lady of the Lake, the Green Knight and Louen's hyppogriff.
Empire has wizards and their crazy gadgets, steam tanks, Griffons, Demigryphs and golden statues that can sparkle so hard they burn people alive
I think in the great scheme of things, they have more fantasy bullshit (by virtue of being a much larger faction)
>>
>>48691550
well steam tanks are hardly fantasy if anything they're steampunk
both sides have wizards (damsels) and monsterous mounts (pegasus and hypogriff vs demi and griffons)
however i feel like bretonnia is much more fantasy at its core with the lady of the lake taking such a central place and the whole chivalry thing
>>
>>48691480
You won't win anyway, just drop it.
If you think points are necessary, then there are legitimate arguments that points are bad.
If you think points are unnecessary, then there are legitimate arguments that points are good.

And you will never convince the other group.

If you're for points, you're a WAAC netlisting piece of shit who only plays grey armies.
If you're against points, you're a delusional retard and also a WAAC faggot who wants to summon-spam.
Surprise, both of these are bullshit. The only thing this discussion does is feed the pointspointspointspointspointspoints faggot
>>
>>48691296
Take the Harbinger of Decay and the old, on a horse, Archaon and you can make them super killy and durable as shit with the 5+ extra save against everything.

The challenge is the rest of the army, but Gors make excellent battleline and normal Knights are also excellent to ride with the Varanguard as well.

I would certainly get at least one box as they really do look fantastic on the table and watching a death player look on as his Blood Knights get out elited on the table is funny as shit.
>>
does anyone have a link to a decently sized tourny for aos that used the generals handbook?

i am interested what actually gets results in this game.
>>
>>48691767
You do realize that the very first big GH tournament is going to be held a couple months from now, right?

>i am interested what actually gets results in this game.
Fuck off. Play what you think looks great. If that's too much of a chore for you, go play another game.
>>
>>48691767
Book's been out for like 3 weeks, there haven't really been any yet. LVO will use GHB early next year.
>>
>>48691822
NOVA Open is in a month.
>>
>>48691822
I think you can learn a lot without netlisting by looking at results. Do magic heavy armies win more or less? How do Summoning armies do with how it works now? Are people mixing armies or sticking to one? Are gunlines doing well? What about deployment shenanigans?

Plenty to learn without being a WAAC
>>
>>48691423
>>48691687

Thanks both of you, I'm going to get a squad this Friday on payday. I never thought that the old Archaon worked for Varanguard but he has the Command ability and everything. Its a good thing I still have that version unpainted in my basement somewhere!

That opens a huge amount of options for me as I don't want to spend the 700pts on one model just to use the Varanguard.

Thanks!
>>
File: hadesupvote.gif (1MB, 720x432px) Image search: [Google]
hadesupvote.gif
1MB, 720x432px
>>48691767
I think the first proper GHB tournaments are yet to really happen or report. organizing for those takes quite a while, and any organizers worth their salt are likely learning the changes to the game themselves and trying to figure out most of the rules questions they'd need to address in an event packet.

that being said, I'm as curious about the rules packets we'll see as much as the event results
>>
>>48691822
>Your fun is stupid
>Only play my fun

Goodness the retards are out in force today!
>>
>>48685306
Was his failure that of being born brown?
>>
about grots

on paper it seems like a unit of 60 is just really fucking good. thats like 160 attacks and +6 bravery for 300 points
>>
>>48691878
But you could see all that long before points came out.

>Are gunlines doing well?
Horrifyingly well. Calculating a bit from the before-GH days, gunline units like Handgunners and Irondrakes can kill multiple times their own points' worth IF left alone

>Are people mixing armies or sticking to one?
Mixing is done for tournaments a lot, yes. The SCGT tournament had mixed armies for all top three places. For casual games, some people mix, some don't. From my personal experience, the ones who are most reluctant to mix are old WHFB players who can't break old habits.
>Do magic heavy armies win more or less?
Most armies can't be magic heavy anymore and those that are aren't too different from others. In fact, armies that rely on ability support are now a bit more reliable than ones that rely on magic support, because a buff aura can't be unbound.

>How do Summoning armies do with how it works now?
That's going to be the big one. From what I've seen so far, you might as well just place everything from the start. The most useful summoning application is now to use it to protect your allegiance. Everchosen uses summoning to keep Varanguard Battleline for example.
>>
Anyone got case reccomendations? The only big things I've got are a Mortis engine and a Zombie Dragon.
Everything else is hexwraiths and Skellies.
I'd buy a GW one but I don't want to throw £50 into a case only to find out there were better options for the money or even for less.
Thanks for any help anons.
>>
>>48691937
Tell me, laddy, what's better?
>1 out of 2 players has fun
>2 out of 2 players have fun
Because on my count you propose only 50% of players have fun. I propose for 100% of players to have fun. But I guess the symptoms of severe autism do include not being able to see other people as having feelings
>>
>>48691993
Yep. Gets terrifying if you add Sneaky Stabbin'. The only problem is that most people can't be assed to build, paint and shuffle around 60 models.
>>
File: image.jpg (543KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
543KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>48692152
Are you suggesting only ever one person per store might tryhard? Hahaha cute.
>>
>>48692269
>so very changeable
Please tell me this means what I think it means
>>
File: 06wzwl[1].jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
06wzwl[1].jpg
123KB, 640x480px
>>48692207
http://www.the-stronghold.com/index.php?/topic/17854-gnob-lovers/&page=2

i did 120 in 24 hours this one time.
>>
>>48692360
Actually no, not quite. If both players are trying to make a very powerful list and then try to see whose army is better, that's perfectly fine.
But building the most overpowered list you can find and then using it against someone casual is quite literally what's killing 40k.
And picking your fucking army based on what is most powerful is the sort of cancer that is killing tabletop gaming in general.
>>
>>48692207
who has the sneaky stabbin rule ?
>>
>>48692448
>>48692360

am i not allowed to tryhard in a tournament?

il play stupid shit against people and lose all the time, but i want to tryhard in a tourny
>>
>>48692486
Yeah, I thought you were talking about Gitmob Grots, not Gutbusters Grots (WHY did they have to name Gnoblars Grots again?). Sneaky Stabbin is the unique spell of the normal Gobbo Shaman. Pretty high casting value of 7, but makes your wound rolls AND rend better, but only works on Gitmob (read: vanilla) Gobbos.
>>
>>48690843
before Points came out Ironguts were THE strongest infantry unit. Period

Considering that it's an objectively better melee attack than normal ogres? Yes

They're called grots and a bit shit now, but hey, gnoblars kinda always were

iunno mang
>>
>>48692504
Again, you are. But if you end up playing an army you hate the look and playstyle of just because they're "the best", then you are quite frankly missing the point.
If you pick the army you like the most and then pick their perceived best units, then hey, congrats, you've found your army.
>>
>>48692573
Because Gnoblars were always a subspecies of goblins the ogre kingdoms more or less enslaved
And if you need a gutbuster caster, run with the fucking Butcher. Maw's a good ass spell
>>
>>48692672
Yah, Maw is nice enough, but it's not a buff and the entire Gutbusters faction so desperately needs buffs. I mean, sure, they're strong enough already, but those 4+ hit rolls almost across the board sure are painful.

The main problem I have with the Gnoblar rename is that Moon Gobbos, normal Gobbos AND Gnoblars are all just named "Grots" now, with only their keyword list and rules to differentiate.
>>
>>48692672
>>48692721

does the cauldron count as a spell? or is it something you can use besides casting a spell ?
>>
>>48692740
That's just a normal special rule. That's what makes the cauldron such an auto-include now so long as you have the model.
>>
Anyone got case reccomendations? The only big things I've got are a Mortis engine and a Zombie Dragon.
Everything else is hexwraiths and Skellies.
I'd buy a GW one but I don't want to throw £50 into a case only to find out there were better options for the money or even for less.
Thanks for any help anons.
>>
>>48692824
mm. and butchers are a pretty strong cheap model to. i might want 2 of em besides a tyrant.

also am i correct in the assumption that there is no locked combat? so every turn 2 units fighting each other one would be charging depending on whos turn it is.
>>
>>48692921
You can retreat from combat if you can move all your models more than 3" away from the enemy, but you can't charge on the same turn, so you're likely to just get charged instead, unless you attempt it at the bottom of a round and hope to win the roll off for next turn. In my experience, most people stay in combat so they can at least get first activation on their turn.
>>
Why did they have to make the Sylvaneth so overpowered, it's no fun playing them...
>>
>>48693053
yeah so you charge or retreat every turn right?

wont that give bonuses to a lot of models with charge bonuses? they get to charge every turn.
>>
>>48693069
I've never lost to them with muh chaos,
>>
do we have a link to the grand alliance of destruction somewhere? i want to look at the allegiance (formation) options.
>>
>>48692607
2 attacks -1 rend really better then 3 attacks with no rend ?
>>
>>48691920
Old model doesn't have ever chosen key word so u can't take varanguard as battle line
>>
>>48693298
can i take the gutbuster wartribe warscroll in a gutbuster allegiance army ?

i am asking since the warscroll is in the ogre kingdoms section together with all the old characters (which i assume do not have gutbuster allegiance)
>>
>>48693154
No you fucking idiot I don't even understand what it is you're struggling to grasp here.

Once you charge and are within 3" of something you can't charge anything until you're out of combat (more than 3" away from something)
>>
>>48692390
It doesn't
>>
>>48693229
>>48693069

For Starters they need to double Drychas points she is just stupid powerful, I've watched her on the table and she makes back her points in a single turn.

I know they have to cheese up the big units to sell but she's just stupid, horrible rules
>>
I'm running a mixed beastmen/slaves to darkness/bloodbound army and I was wondering if i shoukd take 5 chaos knights /w lances over 3 skullcrushers. Both would get bloodsecrator and stoker support. So I'm not sure which pulls ahead as the better choice.
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.