[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy MTG: Tournament Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 7e-counterspell.jpg (37KB, 324x240px) Image search: [Google]
7e-counterspell.jpg
37KB, 324x240px
What events are you looking forward to?
What are you expecting to come up against?
Why do you think you are better than the meta?

Does anyone still play in the flesh?
Does anyone still play werebear?
>>
>>48684472
>I wanna hit up gp vegas next summer

>miracles, eldrazi, and dredge

>my deck has a good MU for miracles and combo, but mud aggro is a pain

Also you check out the modern General. The OP has a nice formatting
>>
DDFT Guy here. In a couple weeks i'll be playing in my first local tournament in months. I've mostly been plating on mtgo lately. I have an ok match win record, but I keep playing a lot of reanimator and Ur delver, which are both crappy matchups. However I've only lost a single match against [spolier]------Miracles------[/spoiler]
>>
>>48684472
OP you should use the whole card as your pic, makes the thread more recognizably about magic.
>>
>>48684472
>What events are you looking forward to?
really just GP Indy side events now. I have two byes to the main but I'm still pretty sure I'll scrub out. I just top8d a local win-a-dual yesterday. lost in the first round to miracles.
>What are you expecting to come up against?
Miracles, mostly. ant and dnt seem popular too. obviously dnt.
>Why do you think you are better than the meta?
I don't. I'm playing a rogue deck, but I honestly enjoy it and it has decent match ups.
>Does anyone still play in the flesh?
desu idk what this means
>Does anyone still play werebear?
pauper players.
>>
>>48687459
>I'm playing a rogue deck
>doesn't say what it is
<shiggy
<doggy
Share the list senpai
>>
>>48684472

"Father of Machines! Your filigree gaze carves us, and the scars dance upon our grateful flesh."
—Phyrexian Scriptures
>>
>>48688370
sorry, it wasn't directly asked and I'm pretty autistic. here's the 75 I played yesterday, and then I'll talk about some stuff I want to change and see what you guys think.

4 brainstorm
4 ponder
4 preordain
4 force of will
4 misdirection
4 cunning wish
1 spell pierce
1 pact of negation
4 polluted delta
2 flooded strand
1 misty rainforest
4 island
1 underground sea
1 wasteland
2 tolaria west
1 snapback
4 inkmoth nexus
4 blighted agent
4 muddle the mixture
3 blazing shoal
4 progenitus

1 blazing shoal
1 searing wind
1 invasive surgery
2 mindbreak trap
1 echoing truth
1 slaughter pact
3 seal of removal
2 grafdigger's cage
1 null rod
2 pithing needle

I wanted to play one copy each of ensnare and true name nemesis in the side, but the store the event was at didn't have any. I probably would have taken out two of the seals or one seal and the invasive surgery to make room.

4 misdirection is too many. there were multiple occasions I had it in my hand and wished it were anything else. I'm going to move to two, but am not sure what to add in their place. I really like stifle as a card, and it seems cute as a one-of, but that's probably the max I'd play. that leaves one slot. dispel? spell pierce? summoner's pact? daze? flusterstorm would probably be great, but as the mindbreak traps in the side probably tell you, I don't have any yet.

I played against ANT, enchantress, rug delver, eldrazi stompy, and some thopter sword/helm leyline/tezzeret brew before losing to miracles in the top8. one dude didn't want to split prizes, so I only got $32 instead of ~$150, but I was happy to get to play legacy.
>>
File: worlds_largest_magic.jpg (143KB, 1033x777px) Image search: [Google]
worlds_largest_magic.jpg
143KB, 1033x777px
>>48684472
>Events
Mostly local Monday night legacy
>Expecting
Delver, BUG control, Miracles, Storm, Eldrazi
>Meta
I don't. I only have Sneak and Show built so thats what I play. Its a fine deck.
>In the flesh
Yea, though I cant join the weekly tournaments til Im done with school in December. I can play games with my coworkers whenever. One has Merfolk and another has Storm.
>Werebear
Is this 2006?
>>
>>48689033
I think both slots should be stifle. It is very strong with lots of applications.
>>
>>48691094
thanks, anon. I'll test it with the two stifle main, and move one misdirection to the side to cunning wish for.
>>
This seems like the most appropriate place to ask this since I can't find a thread but I'm looking to get some China man proxies to build a cube, is there still a viable way to do this?
>>
>>48692392
I hear villa Zheng mentioned a lot. I don't remember which seller I got mine from, but it was on alliexpress.
>>
>>48684472
>What events are you looking forward to?
Next one up is just the local FNM, but we've a very lively Legacy and Vintage scene, so it should be another fun night.

>What are you expecting to come up against?
Miracles, Grixis Delver and Stoneblade mostly

>Why do you think you are better than the meta?
I play Reanimator almost exclusively, and I know my deck very well, which makes even bad match-ups sometimes winnable.

Yes
>Does anyone still play werebear?
No

>>48684688
>>48686637

>>Also you check out the modern General. The OP has a nice formatting

This, your thread is a mess OP. Legacy doesn't deserve this treatment.
>>
>>48692392
>>48692456
Villa Zheng is nice, but far from picture perfect. If you've ever held the real thing in your hands, you can tell from miles away they're fakes. So if it's just for cube purpsoses, they're okay, but I wouldn't use them for sanctioned events myself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.