[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes that need to die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 15

File: BetaUprisingUponUs.png (439KB, 419x468px) Image search: [Google]
BetaUprisingUponUs.png
439KB, 419x468px
> Setting has supposedly unbreakable rules on magic/nature/whatever else
> They get broken on a regular basis.
>>
File: stopit.jpg (42KB, 680x278px) Image search: [Google]
stopit.jpg
42KB, 680x278px
>the wizard is able to simply point and shoot like an archer
Bring back multi-round casting times and you fix at least 25% of the causes of caster supremacy.
>>
>everything has to be as shit as our worlds history
Oh great, like I love having to have some jackasses interpretation of history force fed to me. I only teach history to high school students 5 days a week, tell me how shit things are and how much mud we farmed this month.
>>
>>48675199
Rich?
>>
File: tumblr_o0uupkeWg61r5pvhjo1_1280.png (485KB, 783x742px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0uupkeWg61r5pvhjo1_1280.png
485KB, 783x742px
>>48674846

>Paladins must be Lawful Stupid
>Moral complexity is bad
>Magical Realm means anything a person can vaguely consider sexual
>-4 Str
>Calling people "moralfag"
>>
I don't really agree with the OP's complaint. It's not exactly like everyone in the universe has read the player's handbook, and magic being difficult to pin down to rules makes a degree of sense
>>
>>48674846
>women have no penalty to their strength scores
>>
>>48674846
>>48674846
It's a bit meta, but

>Hey /tg/, how do you think [fantasy rule] should work?
>"Depends on the setting"

The threads are for getting ideas you fucking idiot. You know who you are.
>>
>>48675305
I have no idea about brainstorming threads but have an idea about what system you want it to work for or ask for a system that can do X.

Going "How do I fit more cocks up my character's ass?" has completely different rules in different systems. I can not tell you what to roll or what type of rule you need if I have no where to start.

Do not fucking dare bitch, the anit dnd 3.5 and 3.5 shit posters caused this. The made it impossible to assume a default system from "being clever" and being eternally triggered.
>>
>Pirates
>>
>>48674846
>Quests want / need / justify separate board.
It has been in "trial" limbo for 3 months now, quality of either board has not improved in the slightest since.
>>
>>48675376
>Quests want / need / justify separate board
And it has very odd rules
>>
>>48675444
>>48675460
Quest threads are still littering the board and have not been properly moved off as the mods continue to ignore them.
>>
>>48675470
I have no idea why Quests are still tolerated here now that they have their own board.
>>
>>48675483
Because it's still a "trial", of course

The trial successfully quarantined them and we should sweep the remaining waste of space questfags through the door
>>
>>48675253
>-4 STR
>a meme

reality isnt a meme
>>
>>48675483
Problem is /qst/ is still trial, that means it's optional to use, until there is a final word on this quests are fine on either board.
I guess mootwo just forgot.
>>
>>48674846
>Thread complaining about 3.x edition system problems
>The most recent two editions already fixed those problems
>Almost no other game even has those issues

Seriously now. It's like griping about windows vista being shit when you could easily upgrade to 8, install a patch, or switch to mac or linux.
>>
>>48675521
What I don't get is just how long a "trail" board is supposed to remain that way before either getting rid of it or just making it a real board
>>
File: 1388262932281.jpg (218KB, 1280x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1388262932281.jpg
218KB, 1280x1164px
>>48675583
As a fan of 3.5, the most annoying 3.5 gripes are those gripes that were already addressed within 3.5. Its usually by people who don't play 3.5, too. "Oh noes, why do people play a system with such a bad Fighter and Monk!" ...we don't use those classes. There are other classes.
>>
>If you don't do [thing] in this specific way which appeals to my sensibilities and mine alone, you're a shit GM/player/person

Bitch you don't know me or my group shut up.
>>
>>48675305
>Hey /tg/, how do you think [fantasy rule] should work?
But they NEVER say that. Instead, they say:
>How does [fictional thing] work?
Do you see the difference? It's not a "you think should" question, it's not asking for an opinion, it's asking for objective facts.
This was posted yesterday: >>48654263
It doesn't say "how do YOU THINK magic SHOULD work?", it says "how does magic work?", as though there were a single correct answer.
>>
>>48676247
>being this autistic
>>
>>48676264
That is not an argument.
If you ask "what is the capital of Australia?", that is not the same question as "what do YOU THINK the capital of Australia SHOULD BE?".
>>
File: 1469574843282.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1469574843282.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>>48675600
It's arbitrary, I guess. Who can be sure when the statistically-savvy administrative powers-that-be are satiated by a sufficient sum of posts/threads?

I hear /qst/ is full of shitlords from /tg/ anecdotes but I guess that's what you get when you increase the density of something shitty.
>>
>>48674846
How was it determined that they were unbreakable, though: through an "Omniscient Narrator" or millennia of careful study? In the latter case, "magical breakthroughs" are just as plausible as scientific breakthroughs. It's not like the local magic academy knows literally everything about magic.
>>
File: 1470611988028.jpg (27KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
1470611988028.jpg
27KB, 353x353px
>>48676359
>I need things phrased a certain way before I respond, even though I know what they mean
>I have no autism
>>
>>48678522
Still not an argument. You might as well have called me a poopy-head.
>>
>>48678688
I agree with you and you're still a poopy head.
>>
>not an argument

this meme needs to die
>>
>>48678776
At least it's an easy indication that the ones who say that are shitposters/have nothing to say.
>>
>>48675253
>Moral complexity is bad

It's usually more along the lines of "you shouldn't play a dickass thief or baby-eater because it's disruptive, results in OOC drama, and is not in line with what our game is about", but people don't know how to articulate that idea so they try to express it with simplistic and inaccurate language.
>>
>depends on the setting
No fucking shit. No one asks the damn questions expecting a single objective truth.
>>
>>48678963
I have plenty to say, and you're not addressing any of it.
When you want answers to a question, but you deliberately ask a different question, that's your problem.
If you ask "how would you prefer that magic work?", I'll give an answer to that.
If you ask "how does magic work?", I'll give an answer to that, but of course the only answer that can be given without lying is "depends on the setting".
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>48679559
Not an argument
>>
File: bane.jpg (26KB, 535x364px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
26KB, 535x364px
not even a question
>>
File: 1440111994049.png (382KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440111994049.png
382KB, 495x720px
>>48674846
>DM says you don't get to bring friends
>they do anyways
>>
>>48679597
How is it not an argument? Please tell me.
I have explained logically the fault in the behavior that was defended here >>48675305 and all I've gotten since then was name-calling.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
>>48679764
Not an argument
>>
>magic is explained clearly and in detail so there is no longer any mystery to it
>>
>>48679804
"Not an argument" is also not an argument.
I have provided an argument. You have not. You are clearly mocking me.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 600x800px
>>48679840
Obviously
>>
>>48679835
>implying this isn't a good thing
retards that think that mystical magic is good worldbuilding need to go die in a hole
>>
These are cliches, not memes.
>>
>>48674846
>deviate from generic setting in any way
>reeee nothing is relatable, up is down, hot is cold, I smell purple

>nothing is really original, so don't you dare trying to come up with stuff, go reskin history

>list on character sheet is long
>this system is so clunky even though every list item works with exactly the same resolution
>>
>>48679962
To be clear, I'm talking about settings where magic is mysterious and often malevolent, and the heroes generally don't have access to it, so there's little risk of magical deus ex machina. I'm not sure why that's a problem for you.

Can you name some good settings where the magic is explained in detail and there's no mystery to it whatsoever? Literally the only one I can think of is the worlds from Zelazny's Amber series.
>>
>>48680075
Literally any magic system in Japanese SFF.
>>
File: 1465542811534.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1465542811534.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>48674846
>kingdoms are good
>empires are evil
>>
>>48680137
But the best Japanese works that use magic are magical realism, which eschews explanation entirely.
>>
>>48680201
Such as? Give me one example please.
>>
>>48680215
Haruki Murakami's "A Wild Sheep Chase."
>>
>>48675768
Holy fucking hell I couldn't agree more. I'm so damn tired of people talking in absolutes when it comes to how games should be run/players should behave/problems should be solved.
>>
>>48679273

I've always seen people express it by complaining about some amorphous "le subversion" trend they think exists. Bonus points for some random complaint about GoT.

They're the kinds of people who pretend they were in games where GMs scold the players for killing the innocent orcs who dindu nuffin.
>>
So, how extreme are >>48679840
and >>48679962 being?

Literally "it's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit!" where the heroes can do whatever the fuck they want suddenly and out of nowhere sounds terrible. By the same token, absurdly detailed infodumps about how your magic works that take away any sense of wonder and excitement are also less than ideal.

Anywhere in between those extremes can probably be very good or very bad depending on execution.
>>
>>48674846
>Sun god is always evil, even if he's listed as X Good.
>Humans are either speshul snowflakes or don't even have the flavor of vanilla
>I'm going to kickstart the industrial revolution with magic! Nobody's ever thought of that before!
>Psionics are somehow different from other forms of magic
>Everything is either a grimdark hellhole or high magic bullshittery
>>
>>48680425
>I'm going to kickstart the industrial revolution with magic! Nobody's ever thought of that before!
I'd like to see that done welp without going towards over the top Eberron magitech style, but d&d magic probably doesn't lend itself well to that.
>>
>>48680425
>Psionics are somehow different from other forms of magic
Mind explaining this one? Are you saying they shouldn't be any different whatsoever? Not even in the way that, to use a D&D example, arcane and divine magic differ from one another?

Or do you mean something more specific by this?

>Everything is either a grimdark hellhole or high magic bullshittery
I like badasses in grimdark hellholes, trying to get rich but in the process, also making the world a better place (sometimes intentionally and sometimes incidentally).
>>
>>48680493
*done well
>>
>>48680287
Excuse me, my reply had nothing to do with whether magic in a given setting is explained or not.
I just said that the question "how does magic work?" and the question "how would you prefer that magic work" ARE NOT THE SAME QUESTION, so a thread saying the former when the OP actually wants answers to the latter is a failure of communication entirely on the OP's fault.
>>
>>48680537
Sorry about that. I quoted the wrong person. I meant to quote >>48679835 and >>48679962
>>
>>48680537
But it's what they meant. Not everyone is a careful wordsmith, they just do well enough to get the idea across. Which they do in this instance, it's just the likes of you being anal over it.
>>
>>48680606
It doesn't take a careful wordsmith to know the difference between a question of facts and a question of opinions.
>>
>>48680515
>Mind explaining this one?
Whenever I have a conversation about what makes psionics psionics, it usually goes something like this:
>>Psionics is power drawn from the person themselves, it's not magic
>So like a sorcerer, you know, with that inherent magical power?
>>No, sorcerers get their power naturally, psions have to train it
>So they're wizards, who study magic and use it.
>>But the power is drawn from the person themselves, they just, you know, use the power of their wills.
>...Like a sorcerer does?
>>It's not magic, it's willpower and discipline!
>Where does all this theoretical power COME from, though?
>>From the person's willpower!
>That doesn't make any sense. Plenty of people have willpower, so wouldn't that make anyone who thinks hard enough a latent psion?
>>They have special willpower because they're incredibly intelligent.
>Okay, fine. So how is it functionally different from magic?
>>It just is. It's psionics. It's like the difference between arcane and divine magic.
>So you're telling me that while magicians use energy from the weave or whatever and clerics are granted favors from their god, the psions just... make energy out of nowhere?
>>From their willpower.
So psions are some sort of class that takes the internal power of sorcerers and the magical brains of wizards, giving the presumption of both being speshul snowflakes (because they've got 'special wills') and the snobbishness of wizards (we earned our power rather than just getting it like sorcerers).
And even though they have powers that look like and taste like magic, it's definitely not magic, because they're psions.
Hell, it pretty much lends itself to 'I deserve to rule over everything because I don't have to rely on magic. The world bows before my will because I'm just that awesome.' It's like the asshole wizard meme squared.
>>
>>48674846
>unbreakable rules of nature
AND THEY RUN
>>
>>48680913
In my setting, arcane magic is complex ritual shit, divine magic is rare enough that there isn't even always someone alive who can do it, and psionic talent comes from sensitivity to what are basically the brain waves of the sleeping planet (which hates all sentient life and wants to kill us all). It requires effort and such but consists largely of cool little tricks, not crazy shit like what wizards in D&D can do at high levels.
>>
File: RULES OF NATURE.gif (2MB, 360x204px) Image search: [Google]
RULES OF NATURE.gif
2MB, 360x204px
>>48680942
>>
>>48680241
>Murakami
Yeah it's fucking shit.
>>
>>48680913
Everything that is magical is supernatural
Not everything that is Supernatural is magical.

Psions are literally casty Monk types. That's it.

Also Sorcerer power isn't internal. They just have an innate understanding of magic rituals.
>>
>>48681266
Why don't you name some examples of what you consider good fantasy where the magic is explained in excruciating detail?
>>
>>48680264
>They're the kinds of people who pretend they were in games where GMs scold the players for killing the innocent orcs who dindu nuffin.

My GM didn't ever scold us, but he used to go for that idea in a more subtle way. He is however a black man in the USA, accustomed to being bothered by police despite being smart, having a clear record, decent education, stable IT job, and overall good life choices, so I get where he's coming from.

He cooled off that beat since, accepting sword & sorcery tropes, and playing them more straight. I think it's part of accepting what "fantasy" means in terms of taking a few hours to set aside our real-world problems and have fun instead. We get more than enough reality during the other 6 days in the week, we don't need as much of it during game time.
>>
>>48681309
>I'm fishing for /r/, the post
Yeah how about no.
>>
>>48675304
>>48675578
If you stupid faggot knew anything about reality you would know that a cap on strength would be way more accurate.
>>
>>48681280
>Also Sorcerer power isn't internal. They just have an innate understanding of magic rituals

This isn't true. Sorcerers are described as having naturally occurring magical talent. Either because of their blood or being born on a magical leyline, or AS a magical leyline, or some such nonsense. They cast magic without trying.
>>
>>48681326

Referances or it never happened.
>>
>>48681280
Depends on the setting cucklord.
>>
>>48681280
>>48680913
Also Psionics use energy from their own soul/body. They also can't interact with the world the same way as anyone else because they don't draw from the Gods/Weave.

Psions can't summon demons, make golems, or raise the dead. They can't turn water into wine. Their powers are often "personal" and can't effect others as easily unless it's a direct application of force.

A lot of magical aids and such are cut off from them, no metamagic rods or scrolls for Mr.Psionic. He can only really use what he learns himself, unlike a Sorcerer who can use the same equipment as a wizard. The sorcerer is also benefiting from a variety mutations because of their magical bloodline.

The only thing Psions really beat out other casters at is blasty/direct combat type stuff.

I.E a Psion can make themselves feel full, but they can't conjure a large elegant feast like a wizard or a cleric could. They can't really buff others like a Wizard could. Psionic powers come online later "equivalent" wizard spells and are often weaker than said unless it's a discipline specialty or until the Psion can augment it at later levels.

Ultimately look at it like this
>Wizard reads a manual to operate tool to pick up a boulder
>Sorcerer just knows how to operate tool to pick up boulder
>Cleric gets his buddy to pick up bolder
>Psion picks the boulder up himself, but it takes a FUCKLOAD more effort and is overall less efficient than if he had done the above.

>>48681433
And that magical talent is them not needing to "know" the rituals that a wizard does. That's the extent of their "internal power"
>>
>>48680913
The way I've figured is that magic always comes from somewhere else. A wizard's studied rituals, a sorcerer's magicaly altered bloodline, a cleric's god-given prayers and so on.

Now with a Psion it comes all from you. One of the things I actualy liked about 4e was how they linked psionics with a monk's ki so I go with that, that they come from the same "inner strength" just that a Psion focuses more on expressing it through powers than in punching things harder than a sword swing, not getting old age penalties, immunity to poision and all those other things Monks do.
Going from that, yeah just about anyone in theory has the capabiliy to become a psion, but just like anyone in theory has the capaility to become a monk, not many have the discipline/willpower/whatever to actualy go and DO it.
>>
>>48681507
yes, just like everything else in this thread? Your point?
>>
>>48680075
Young Wizards books. Good even though they're young adult stuff. It does fall into the usual "magic is language-based" trap, but does it surprisingly well for all that - instead of saying "stone burn boom" or something like that, they say "This is what we want to happen, this is the energy we are supplying to pay for this effect, and this is how we suggest that it happen."
>>
>>48681587
Fair enough. I haven't read them, but I'm willing to believe you that they're good.

I'm still not sure where this weird idea comes from that, in order for a setting to be good, magic ABSOLUTELY MUST be explained in detail, though.
>>
>>48680075
Magic isn't really mysterious in D&D (default). It's pretty much just physics with words and things instead of numbers and applications of force/ A level 1 wizard could know about Reverse Gravity, but he doesn't have the power to cast it, he just knows some day he wants to learn it.
>>
>>48681516
that's a much better way to say it, I might have to steal-I mean borrow that explinataion for my next game
>>
>>48681644
because some people are afraid that if any detail whatsoever is hidden from them on a meta-level, then those sneaky sneak GMs will use it to screw them over and any and all possible opportunity.
>>
>>48681646
I know. And while I love D&D (well, OSR anyway), it's one of the things I would change about it. When a D&D setting is good, it's despite, not because of, the detailed magic system.
>>
>>48681671

Don't, I'm just bitching.

The only reason magic is broken in D&D is because DMs don't have the balls to tell casters they can't sleep every 15 minutes.
>>
File: Dorf.jpg (211KB, 759x951px) Image search: [Google]
Dorf.jpg
211KB, 759x951px
>>48674846
>races have no base & can be anything from not-humans to lovecraftian horrors yet still be a part of said race
>unless you're the Dwarves, you're all the same
I'm so happy Dwarf Fortress didn't do this.
>>
Magic being this powerful thing with zero real costs and yet only being used by a small percentage of people who decide that their time is better spent altering reality than swinging swords really well.

Either give magic an actual cost or have a setting where anyone can and probably does pick some up.

Maybe magic eats away at your essence and hurts you, so sword dudes are justified because while they're not as flashy their methods don't slowly (or sometimes rapidly) kill them.

Maybe almost every serious player character type dabbles in magic a little, even the most dedicated fighter can see the advantages of setting his sword ablaze or being able to levitate.

Maybe iron and its derivatives has natural weird anti-magic properties, keeping your wizards in robes and giving a guy in steel armor with a steel weapon a legitimate and dangerous purpose.

There are a great number of ways this can be done to make sense, but "Some people spend a decade learning how to alter the forces of reality at their whim and some people would rather spend that time swinging swords better" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me
>>
>technology and magic can't properly coexist because magic fucks with physics and physics fuck with magic
>>
>>48675199
>teaches high school history
>willingly admits it
There's, like, a 90% chance your ineptitude is responsible for almost all of the ignorant shit on this website.
Thanks a lot, asshole who couldn't qualify to teach anything else.
>>
>>48675663
As someone who doesn't really enjoy 3.5, I am quite happy to not complain about 3.5, and not bother those who do play 3.5.
>>
>>48675578
this post is a meme I'd like to see die too.
>>
>>48681860
The cost should be years and years of study to even make a minute change in reality. That a level 1 wizard should be at least be minimum 50 years old, because that's long it takes for an average pleb to understand magic at it most basic level. That most wizards don't live long enough to learn the spells to de-age themselves, or don't specialize in the schools of magic necessary.
>>
>>48680425
>Sun god is always evil, even if he's listed as X Good.
Blame the satanic panic. Designers taking over games they didn't create gotta hate on muh Born-Again Parents somehow...
>>
>>48680913
Honestly?
Sorcerers were a dumb.
Sorcerers were SOOOOOO a fucking dumb.
>>
>>48674846
Thanks nasu
>>
>>48674846
THIS IS NOT A MEME
This is a trope.
Stopit OP.
>>
>>48680913

The way 4e handles it is that psionics is explicitly power from the world's reaction to the far realm (and the far realm itself, if you aren't careful.)

And Arcane is basically every power source.

Of course, everyone taps into Elemental power, the power of the defeated creators of the world.
>>
>>48676422
>shitlords
That term has a whole lot of attached meaning to it. From the way you're using it, I assume you're not after those attached meanings, so take a fair warning that calling someone a "shitlord" will get the wrath of /pol/ down on you because tumblr likes the word.

It's dumb, but there's no reason to have a thread all shit up because someone got bothered by a word that really shouldn't have attached meanings to it.
>>
>>48674846
Threads where either the question OP is asking or the subsequent questions/responses given in the thread are all things covered by the rulebooks for the game or system.

This is most common with GMing advice, where the 3.5 DMG and equivalent do honestly cover most of the common issues.
>>
>>48683130
I mean they're pretty similar words, anon
>>
>>48679273
I find it fairly simple actually. You always tell your group you have a rule of "Don't be a douchebag". Unless we're playing Black Crusade, in which case everybody is a douchebag.
>>
>>48683834
To amend, BC is more like "be a douchbag, within reason"
>>
>>48683844
Depends really. If I'm playing a Night Lord the job is

>Are there women/children still alive y/n?
>If yes kill 90% and make the other 10% watch.
>>
>>48681412
this. the average untrained woman is at max 1 or 2 STR weaker than the average untrained man.
but gnomes have the same STR cap as half-orcs so at that point you're just trying to be obnoxious.
>>
>>48681710

/tg/ complaints department, have you tried playing 5e?
>>
>>48684832
Not him, but 5e doesn't do away with short rest abuse though, does it?

I've only played 5e. I've never been behind the GM screen to see what's getting homeruled. Critical Role uses 5e and the players still beg to take short rests.
>>
>>48676247
This. People should learn to communicate before they deserve an answer.
>>
>>48684931
If only it were that easy. We still can't get people to google their questions before posting here, so how could they learn to formulate meaningful sentences?
>>
>>48684857

5e allows unlimited short rests but most players benefit very little from them outside of a chance to cash in HD for out of combat healing. For the most part only fighters and warlocks get their class features back on shorts, which is kind of their "gimmick" in the meta. Most caster and caster-like abilities only come back on a long rest and you're limited to only 1 long per day.

It's not a guaranteed solve but between it, scaling cantrips, and an abundance of viable healing options there's a lot less pressure to focus on maximizing long rests than earlier editions.
>>
>>48682864
this
>>
>>48675057
Every game needs WFRP rules.
>>
>>48682864
Why do you be so mean to people on the internet anon? Do you carry that horrible behaviour to the rest of your life?
>>
>>48680263
Only a sith deals in absolutes!
>>
>>48680913
Psionics shouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>48679273
No, no, /tg/ is constantly angry about "grey morality" (understandable, because it's often "everything [including you] is shit no matter what you choose to do, and also paladin falls")
>>
>>48681860
I like to impose a couple of different costs for magic.

>Magic that lies to the world and the mind
Illusions of all kinds. Mind magic. Using this magic will make you less in tune with the world, making you more and more insane.

>Magic that takes from the Beyond to destroy the Here
All kinds of destruction spells. You take energy of some kind from some place which is not reality - and hurl it into our world. The world will notice this change and latch out at you, causing harm.

>Magic that shapes reality
Any kind of magic that changes the body or the world, including spirits and corpses. This will slowly cause corruption as your soul becomes altered.

All of these costs can be starved off with the proper rituals and offerings.
>>
>>48685477
>and also paladin falls

I'm still laughing about that clown yesterday who was calling anyone who disagreed with his paladin's approach to a hostage situation evil and lazy.

Then he started insisting that the only "real" paladins were those who followed chivalric codes from Arthurian legend, and/or embodied virtues defined in the Bible, and that the RAW interpretation of paladins straight from the D&D rulebook was "edgy bullshit".

That was a fun thread.
>>
>>48680913
That sounds like whining of a picky, shitty player. Do you ask about that shit for every single supernatural talent that pops up in your games?

Psionics have talent to use their mind in a way that allows them to do all that stuff. That's it, another supernatural talent.
>>
File: dungeon-world.jpg (84KB, 804x342px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-world.jpg
84KB, 804x342px
>>48674846
>Dungeon World is a terrible game and everyone needs to know
>Otherwise it will ruin our hobby

Please just let us discuss the game we like to play. It's fine if you don't like it, but we're not trying to take over RPG's. Please, I'm begging you...
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.