[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a lawful good/neutral death cleric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1468022530357.jpg (18KB, 337x350px)
1468022530357.jpg
18KB, 337x350px
How would you make a lawful good/neutral death cleric
>>
He's all about making sure the dead are treated with respect, that proper funerals are done, that undead are destroyed, etc.
>>
>>48673014
There are a shit ton of cleric guides which you can research yourself.

In regards staying in alignment, a neutral cleric of death is a protector of the sanctity of death. Undead and those who try to prolong their lives by evil means are an abomination in a death cleric's eyes.

Lawful good death cleric could be a benevolent executioner for the law, who makes sure the evil beings he kills receive a swift, painless death.
>>
File: 1451220373940.jpg (54KB, 547x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451220373940.jpg
54KB, 547x800px
>>48673014
Go take a look at the Old Kingdom series, the Abhorsen caste is what you're looking for.

Make sure the dead keep traveling in the right astral direction, put down the ones that would rather cling to and inevitably prey upon life, and seal away those beings that can't or won't stay down forever.

Weighted heavily towards the role of spiritual enforcer over guide/psychopomp, but can fulfill either well. Tactical funerals ahoy.
>>
File: Death_Discworld[1].png (180KB, 250x508px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Discworld[1].png
180KB, 250x508px
>>48673014

Easy, just have him work for this guy.
>>
some pretty good answers here, thanks guys
>>
>>48673014
Death is natural, should not be rushed, but also should not be unnaturally lengthened. The dead deserve respect from the living, especially the young.
Necromancy is all kinds of heresy
The paladin should attempt to heal all non natural ailments and wounds.
>>
>>48675664
>heal all non-natural ailments and wounds
So if someone is dying from a flu or something the paladin would just let them die?
>>
>>48673014
Grief Councilor
>>
>>48673742
The one god in the entire Discworld who seems like a genuinely nice guy,
>>
If we're talking D&D, look up Kelemvor. One of the death gods in the forgotten realms and one of the few things about that setting that isn't shit.
>>
>>48675694
He'd hold the dying man's hand and tell him tales of valiant knights who lived a life of adventure only to die on a bed surrounded by those they love.
>>
File: Humakti_warriors.jpg (140KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
Humakti_warriors.jpg
140KB, 640x347px
A Humakti warrior.
>>
File: ramp3.jpg (58KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
ramp3.jpg
58KB, 500x346px
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I tell everyone who asks me about Lawful Good necromancers.

Make him Egyptian.
>>
>>48673014

I'm playing one.
It's a historical campaign (With fantasy elements) so i'm playing an Egyptian scribe who carries spells from the book of the dead.

Not being lawful is just a bad idea in this setting.

His goal is to ensure the living have a safe passage into the afterlife and making sure they're ready for the trials that face them after death.
>>
>>48673014
There are people in this world which upset the balance.

Murderers and villains lost their right to live, so they have to be killed. Once reborn, their souls shall have a new chance.

Phantoms are the rust on the hinges of the Great Scale, and they must be restored into the cycle of life and death.

That is your duty as a threshold between the now and the after.
>>
I created a religion that was inspired by the Santa Muerte faith of The Man and the Woman. The Man was a skeleton who's bones were black as obsidian and was a warrior and had dominion over death by violence. He wasn't evil or anything but judged people based on their actions or those who chose to live and die by the sword. The Woman, was the Man's wife and her bones were as white as pearls (and often called the Pearl Mother because of it) she would help people as they passed from this life into the next.

People would typically be buried in family plots as near the house if possible and for poorer people they would usually keep the skull where the wealthy nobles could afford to keep the whole body and it was seen as a faux pas to try and preserve the flesh.

On certain holidays the dead would be carried around on stretchers essentially so they could party with their living relatives with fancy dinner partys with skeletons in fine dresses from their life propped up on chairs as guests of honor.
>>
necromancer from diablo 2

deals with death and stuff. but ultimately fights for the side that is right. he never picks a fight, but willingly puts himself in harm's way for others. he sees life and death as a cycle, 2 inseparable states. his skeletons are simply ways of recyling the raw material of nature, and practice to understanding the nature of life, the culmination of his studies is the ability to animate the air itself. he is against bringing people back from the beyond through unnatural means, his skeletons are more akin to simple flesh golems, and will happily banish those who disrupt the natural cycle
>>
>>48673014
There are two kinds of doctors, those that heal and those than make sure one is comfortable in their final days

Alternatively, ancestor worship
>>
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Faceless_Men

Maybe not LG, but you could easily make them LN or TN.
>>
>>48673014
Doesn't the Elder Scrolls universe have those?
>>
>>48673014
>guides frightened/angry souls to the afterlife by playing Dr. Phil
>fighting evil ghosts, undead, and poltergeists

Get creative

If you wanna see some action you've GOTTA be the center of attraction
>>
>>48673014
Like any other cleric.
Stop playing D&D meme "setting" and actually start reading fluff, you dense motherfucker
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.