[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Owen Turtenwald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: FzzOTRJ2[1].jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FzzOTRJ2[1].jpg
24KB, 400x400px
I don't follow competitive Magic very closely, but I tuned into the Pro Tour last night because I had nothing better to do.

...Why does everyone hate this guy so much? Twitch chat was fucking brutal. Is there some controversy that flew under my radar?
>>
He was in jail for the last 12 years for the brutal rape and murder of a young girl that he committed while still a minor. Basically, the only reason he's not still in jail is because he wasn't tried as an adult, though the prosecution wanted him to be on account of the severity and brutality of his crime.

Some of the descriptions of the scene are genuinely bone-chilling, because this guy did not let her die quickly, but dragged out the process for what was close to sixteen hours. Hearing him describe it in his own words only makes it worse, because it's clear that while he was testifying, far from showing any remorse, he was clearly quite proud and excited by what he had done.
>>
>>48670986
>for the last 12 years
2011 Player of the Year, 2010 Vintage World Champ

Okay then.

Googling "Owen Turtenwald controversy", he apparently said "I have lost all respect" about another pro, who went for a shiny card (valued a couple of hundred $) in draft rather than one that might be more likely to make him win.
>>
>>48671244
The funny part, is that if he didn't take that Goyf, he probably would have wound up getting fucked by it in the matches.

We can all claim that he lost because he didn't have the Burst Lightning when he needed it, but for all we know those situations might never arisen because he let someone else have one of the most potent cards in the environment.
>>
>>48671048
Gah. You can totally see it in his eyes.
>>
File: 1469078646737.png (57KB, 548x546px)
1469078646737.png
57KB, 548x546px
>>48671048
......right...
>>
>>48670986
they are elitist pricks, him and a bunch of others.
>>
>>48670986
>...Why does everyone hate this guy so much?

When he was younger, he was quite arrogant, and condescending. The combination of youth and sneering condescension was especially grating. He also adopted the mannerisms of a black man and regularly sung rap songs loudly in both public and private.
>>
>>48671048

Sadly, this would leave the pro game scene with more dignity than the *actual* answer.
>>
>>48673783
>He also adopted the mannerisms of a black man and regularly sung rap songs loudly in both public and private.

Haha, oh Jesus...
>>
>>48672766
>fucked by Goyf in limited
Bait.
>>
File: golden lel.jpg (114KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.jpg
114KB, 900x900px
>>48673783
>>48671048
I don't know which is worse
>>
>>48670986
He's an elitist cunt with a gigantic ego because he's good at a card game. They had an interview with him this weekend about his being inducted into the MtG hall of fame and he just sounded so fucking smug about the whole thing. They asked him about his friends and family and he basically said that they think he's God's gift to man.

Compare him to LSV, a better player and a great guy, and it's easy to see why people hate this guy. Hell, even Reid Duke and Eric Froelich are as big of cunts as Owen is.

>>48672766
>>48671244
Even funnier is that the Goyf went for more money on Ebay than he would have won getting first place.
>>
He's better than most people at Magic and is kinda arrogant about it. Basically, he's the bad guy of the Pro Tour.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.