[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sunken paris

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 12

File: sunken paris map.jpg (620KB, 769x527px) Image search: [Google]
sunken paris map.jpg
620KB, 769x527px
Hey /tg/ could you help me creating a post apo setting?

The idea is that an international operation is studying alien materials in a south pole's secret base. Things go very wrong, and they try to nuke it as a deseperate measure. Turn out nuking the pole is not a good idea as it melt it, creating a giant wave that destroy a good part of the world.

The pc are in Paris when the Wave hit, and they have first to survive the catastrophe, and later fight against the alien life spreading and killing enough people to create a post apo world.

I use this map :http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/

I'd like help particularly with the aliens. I want a fauna and flora that is incidentally dangerous (not giant predator monster, more like mushroom that don't mind growing in your lung) I have no particular idea beyond that.
>>
File: sunken paris - 16eme island.jpg (397KB, 727x533px) Image search: [Google]
sunken paris - 16eme island.jpg
397KB, 727x533px
in the mean time I will post some cool location. the 16eme arrondisment become an island. from the step of the trocadero you can see the sunken eifel tower. on the north of the island, you have the arc de triumph. it's a very posh, rich and traditional part of Paris, so perhaps some kind of national cult could take root.
>>
File: sunken paris - 17eme island.jpg (358KB, 765x471px) Image search: [Google]
sunken paris - 17eme island.jpg
358KB, 765x471px
another island, from a (sligthy) more mixed part of paris. lot of famous concert hall and festive place, including la cigalle, le trianon and le moulin rouge. the local population would probably keep a particular taste for art and culture. also on this island the sacré coeur, wich would probably become the main church of paris as notre dame is under water.
>>
File: 1463995057499.png (14KB, 487x498px) Image search: [Google]
1463995057499.png
14KB, 487x498px
>>48669201
>Post apo
>Saint-Denis no longer exists
I don't see the problem.
>>
French go and stay go pls, no one cares about your country unless something terrible happens, preferably with brown people.
>>
>>48669201
Well, how about the aliens are partially breaking the laws of physics? As in, tiny spheres that move about and sometimes attack people - but their shadow is their real body. Basically Evangelion Angels but far less powerful.
>>
a big chunk of Paris and it's suburb. decidedly popular. the famous pere lachaise graveyard have water at its bank. next to him is the tenon hospital, probably the last big hospital still operating in Paris. the big orange road is the peripherique, a road built on the old city wall of paris (and it could be restored to it's initial function with some effort). beyond that, at the north you have the Nogent fort , which house a detachment of the foreign legion. at the south, you have rosny 2 a huge ass comercial center.
>>
a peninsula formed by the 14th arrondissement and a chunk of the 5th (in the north). most of the scientific center of Paris are here, curie, pasteur, ENS, a good part of the sorbone university. the pantheon is also here, and could serve as a temple of the nation France was. Other cool location include the Paris Observatory (highly defendable place) and the montparnasse train station, the only train station to survive the wave. perhaps with some work it could function again? "sadly" the montparnasse tower is fallen, although it's ruin make for a more interesting place. here again we have the peripherique which could be rebuilt as fortification.
>>
>>48669201
That is a cool generator.

Interesting that Versailles is fine, that palace would be very attractive (and probably quickly trashed) post-apoc
>>
>>48669438
so a bit like the anomaly from Stalker? would be cool.

>48669575
>Interesting that Versailles is fine, that palace would be very attractive (and probably quickly trashed) post-apoc

actually I tough it could be a temporary seat of the governement (as it was during the prussian invasion and the subsequent paris rebellion), or a place disputed by the different monarchist faction, perhaps both.
>>
>>48669728
Stalker anomalies in creature form, yes.
Who knows, some nut might even start to tame some.
>>
the tiny island of the 13th arrondissement, home of a large Chinese community. there is also italie 2 another big commercial center, and the butte aux caille street a place know for it's bar and restaurant.
>>
File: waterworld_1995_10_5737.jpg (51KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
waterworld_1995_10_5737.jpg
51KB, 300x450px
>>48669201
Soggy baguette version of water world?
>>
the land is cut in two here, on both side a old fort. on the west, the montrouge fort, a big center for the gendarmerie (one of the two national police force, part of the army) on the east bank the bicetre fort, home of the DIRISI, the communications and information systems organisation of the French Armed Forces.

>>48669744
>Who knows, some nut might even start to tame some.

so they would act like some kind of wizard/hoarder hobo, with some strange object that obey their command and do unbelievable thing?
>>
the suresne peninsula, with again a fort, the mont valerien fort. home of another transmission regiment, it also host temporary etat major for foreign intervention and is rumored to be the control center of the processing of phone data for security purpose. at the extreme north of the peninsula, you have the office center of la defense, partially underwater.
>>
the saint germain en laye peninsula. a very posh city, they have a big castle and a long terrace (2.4 km) that would give a pretty nice view on sunken paris but could also serve as ready made dock. in the large forest you have side to side a military base and the training camp for the psg, the soccer club of paris. Saint germain was the royal city of France before Versaille was made, so it could be another goal for demented royalist.
>>
>>48670125
forgot my pic
>>
here a more general map, there is a fair amount of field and forest around paris, so a good part of it could turn wild pretty fast.most of the banks of sunken paris would be urbanised, with the most important city probably being (by order of importance) versailles, Saint germain en laye and Evry for the south with perhaps franconville in the north. there is also the charle de gaule air port north and orly airport on the peninsula of fort bicetre. population would be drastically reduced but the paris area would probably become an important trade place by boat, given it's access to the fjords of normandy and the ilsand of cherbourg by the seine lake and further down south the britany archipelago. it would also have access to the pas de calais peninsula by the somme canal. further that point it's possible to reach the many islands of england, the irish archipelago, or the two island of scotland. further east lie the ravaged coast of belgium, netherland and germany (notable are the munster and mecklenburg islands)

I will continue later if there is interest
>>
>>48669569
Man, the catacombs are going to be fucked
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.