[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 33

File: Eternal Witness.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Witness.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

Eldritch Moon card image gallery:
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eldritch-moon
>>
File: metagame20160601-20160630.png (105KB, 1218x760px) Image search: [Google]
metagame20160601-20160630.png
105KB, 1218x760px
The overall and paper Modern Metagame

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Modern deck primers link:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Tiers are usage-based. A Tier 2 deck may be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific Metagame.
>>
File: Zooicide.jpg (364KB, 1885x983px) Image search: [Google]
Zooicide.jpg
364KB, 1885x983px
Gnarlwood Dryad has been very effective in my current testing of Zooicide.
Opponents rarely block it, which allows a direct window of opportunity for the combo.
There are turns where I've held it back on defense duty to assemble a clean kill during a later turn and the opponents rarely attack into it.
Delirium is surprisingly easy to achieve in this deck, even with Become Immense thinning the graveyard.
>>
>>48669313
Can you post that background it's dope as shit
>>
>>48669313
that BG looks like grixis headquarters
>>
There's already a modern general.
>>
File: 2016-08-06 22.38.32.jpg (1MB, 1914x984px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06 22.38.32.jpg
1MB, 1914x984px
reuploading this in hopes someone gives me an idea of what to replace for the bedlam reveler's
>>
>>48669703
searing blood? fuck it dude, it's mono-red
>>
>>48669814
do you mean searing blaze? i'll test it out
>>
>>48669703
I love you man and I love mono red burn but tarfire is a meme someone made up and burst lightning is functionally the same, but it won't powerup enemy goyfs.

Really love that list though. Just keep playtesting it to find how many land you'll want (I found with my monored burn to like 18). Eventually you'll find out if a slot is underperforming and you can tune it as such, but just playtest the shit out of it (goldfish, or cut your deck in half and do a mirror match) and find out which cards lead to the fastest wins.
Swiftspear is deceivingly powerful, although t1 swiftspear, t2 spark/devil/hellspark always felt bad, swiftspear into rift/bolt/spike feels better than Goblin Guide.

Tried a playset of Hellsparks for a while, but the magic number is 2 (3 if you wanna get greedy). Excellently slot efficient but having 2 in hand means you're playing very slowly, and 3 in hand is a kick in the nuts.

Still not the biggest fan of magma spray, I honestly hate the card but I can totally see why people run it. I'd prefer to keep things as fast and tight as possible but filtering away land can be neat.
>>
>>48669865
oh you meant what to cut? sorry i misunderstood. i'd prob cut the hell spark elemental, but i would just test them out to see which one does more damage
>>
>>48669703
Also I really like Spark elemental and in mono red it should almost be a 4of.

Just playtest is the best advice I can give. You can do all the work on paper but the purest form of insight comes with seeing how things run on average.

I want to mail you my 2 mana clash.
>>
>>48669888
ok thanks man i'm already cutting out spark elemental with ball lightning but i'm waiting for those to come in so no more elemental for me
>>
>>48669703

>Tarfire

don't feed the goyf yo. Also you can consider running searing blood.
>>
>>48669881
thanks for the info man i'm still straightening this deck out i hope i can start beating people with it soon :P
>>
>>48669989
I just got a playset of pillar of flame so i might buy 2 searing blood and just use 2 pillar of flame
>>
>>48670004
:P
>>
File: 111.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Searing blood has the potential to be pretteh fuookin gud. i have hit x/4s with two of these before, and while the two-for-one isn't ideal, spending 4 mana to kill it AND deal 6 damage to my oppenant isn't anyhting to laugh at, esp. when you have some board presence to follow through with it
>>
>>48670004
You will man. The deck is really straightforward when you learn the optimal lines and pilotting it is pretty stress free. The whole "burn is actually super skilled" is a myth with a hint of truth to it, as certain times you want to play a tempo route if you think you won't win the race. The mirror is usually decided by the dice roll, same with most matchups, but bolting their swiftspear then blazing their eidolon with an extra card from being on the draw.
You can bolt your guys when clashing with wurmcoils, you can skip your 3rd landdrop vs jund, you can be an absolute madman and shardvolley a glistener elf, there's a lot of little things that happen here or there, about 5% of the time, that make you feel like you've piloted well, when most other times it's like playing as a Hard Mode XMage AI and it's fucking great.

Will spiel some more if you want
>>
>>48670080
definitely spiel some more lol
the only problem i have at my lgs is that the people there are in their late 30's early 40's so many of them have money to buy top tier decks 3 people had jund decks last week and the other people there also had very expensive decks and it's hard to beat them when most of them have more than a decade of experience
>>
>>48670131
just because they spend more doesn't mean you can't beat them.

>>48670080
the trick to the mono-red mirror match is a playset of dragon's tooth
>>
File: Dope.jpg (599KB, 2239x1399px) Image search: [Google]
Dope.jpg
599KB, 2239x1399px
>>48669321
>>48669346
Here you go.
>>
>>48670156
>dedicating slots vs your own deck
what ever happened to honour amongst burnbros? omertà.
Never pack firewalkers, let the fire rise and dedicate slots for all other decks. We top 8ing for once.
>>
>>48670131
When tweaking your deck, keep in mind the barebones slots in your deck, being the following (playsets):
Bolt, Rift Bolt, Lavaspike, Shard Volley, Spark Elemental, Swiftspear and Devil.

These are your fastest cards, all redundancies of each other and the meat of your list. Any other card is potatoes, aka filler, or gravy cards like eidolon or searing.

I've always been of the opinion that 2 searing blaze is the magic number to mainboard, but honestly while the card may be dead in 5% of matchups, if your meta is aggressive as it should be these days then a playset can be really sweet.

Definitely run 2-3 Hellsparks if you can, 2 preffered but they are definitely a nice slot.

Count all those cards, then figure out how many filler slots you have left

>4 maindeck skullcrack
This is a tricky one, as it's almost entirely local meta dependant. you want 4 in your 75 but how to split it is a tough call.
Shaving two maindeck, add two sideboard is an ok middleground.
>>
>>48669703
Mah fucking niggah!

Leyline of punishment on the SB?

What do against leyline of santicity?
Ive run destructive relvelry on the side with the playset of the GR painlands MB
>>
>>48670689
I haven't bought leyline of punishment yet i've been meaning to though.
>>
>>48669703
>4 shard volleys
>2 Swiftspears

Anon... I know youre probably playing on a budget but seriously. Get another two Swiftspears and dish out some extra cash for wooded foothills and red green fetches and atarkas command and lose the shard volleys. It'll make you're deck so much better and give you a lot more options
>>
>>48670806
i'm waiting on 2x swiftspear's to get here and i'll try to buy some of the other things in but i don't have that much money to pour into mtg so i'll probably wait on the wooded foothills
>>
>>48670900
Just put money in slowly. Trust me it'll be worth it. That feel when you atarkas your Swiftspear or slap down an extra land and play another bolt after swinging for 5 is just nut
>>
>>48670938
yeah in the long run i want to get 4x goblin guides and 4x blood moon but that will probably be awhile at least a year before i have all of those
>>
>>48671002
Guides are for sure. Blood moon not so much. If it doesn't deal damage or prevent life gain it's not helping you in the long run. You'll get there one day anon. Or you can be a faggot like me and one day play Jund Burn and get that sweet sweet Tasigur
>>
File: blu mun.png (335KB, 1194x898px) Image search: [Google]
blu mun.png
335KB, 1194x898px
Taking this pile to a pptq today lads, wish me luck. If I do well maybe I'll do a write up or something.
>>
>Tron is a control deck because it has inevitability!
Storm has inevitability. Scapeshift has inevitability. Are they control decks? Are they FUCK. Tron fits the description of a combo deck way more than it fits the description of a control deck. The only reason people consider it a control deck is because they don't actually know what control looks like in modern.
>>
>>48671045
the blood moons are to shutdown decks with nonbasic lands which is most of the decks of my local metagame so they can't do their combo's / if the aren't playing red they won't be able to do anything i feel like that will have the most impact in how i do at my lgs
>>
>>48671082
No anon, it's a control deck because it's mono blue
>>
>>48671082
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>48671266
Modern players. Just look on mtgtop8, they have Tron lumped as a control deck. Ask any Tron player what type of deck they play, they'll tell you it's control.
>>
>>48671347
Boo hoo?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-07-13-16-09.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-07-13-16-09.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
https://youtu.be/tXV8Yrb0e_g

What do you guys think of this uw hatebears list? It performed pretty damn good for the guy.
>>
>>48671413
>I try and brew UW Hatebears
>/tg/ shits all over me
>Random nigger on Twitch brews UW Hatebears
>"Hey guys this seems pretty good"
>>
>>48671347
>Everyone but me is wrong and is having bad wrong fun
I'm sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>48671445

it's like this with literally everything, not just mtg.
>>
>>48671413
why you would play this over other D&T variations I don't know
>>
>>48671445
That "random nigger" is the thread leader for modern dnt at mtgslavation. Sure he's a nigger but he knows his shit.
>>
>>48671488
All the cards interact instead of just "beating in".
>>
>>48671499
d&t is a t3 deck in modern, who gives a shit
>>
>>48671527
Huh? it was in the teir 2 bracket a month ago. Oh well.
>>
D&T seems like a deck that wins if it has aether vial, and folds if its doesn't against most decks. Is this accurate? It just seems worse than merfolk if you don't draw aether vial
>>
>>48671588
The only card that's worse without vial is flickerwisp. Also, comparing it to merfolk is like comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>48671645

>the only card that's worse without vial is the one that already has flash

jesus christ.
>>
>>48671678
Flickerwisp doesn't have flash...that's the point of playing vial.
>>
>>48671588
The deck can do fine without vial but in my experience it relies too much on synergies to win consistently. Most of the creatures in the deck lack power level.
>>
>>48671588
It doesn't fold without vial, but it does get considerably weaker. That's why it's not a longer a T2 deck, it's just too reliant on vial.
>>
>>48671445
I don't see any Azorius Guildmages in that guy's deck
>>
>>48671810
Sure but there's no real reason against Azorius Guildmage in the deck.

And I think people are rating Aether Vial too highly. It lowers your threat density making removal much stronger against you, and getting around counterspells is basically meaningless in modern. It's also the worst imaginable topdeck. I'd rather build my deck around having a smooth curve than jam Aether Vial into it. Proactivity is the best way to win.
>>
>>48671527
It being a T3 deck is the exact reason you have to try and take it in a different direction like jamming a different colour into it. Either make Eldrazi work with it, or try jamming blue in. I don't think GW really gets you anywhere.
>>
>>48671864
Counterspells are becoming much more prevalent between grixis and temur delver popping up and scapeshift can run them.
Not to mention jeskai
>>
>>48671864
Are you shitting me? Aether vial is ridiculous in D&T. Either you haven't played(against) D&T enough or you're retarded.
>>
>>48671937
>Are you shitting me? Aether vial is ridiculous in that deck which absolutely isn't a threat to anything in the metagame!
>>
>>48671954
Dnt and hatebears are favored against tron. especially if mono white with the full ghost quarter and tec edge sets.
>>
>>48672004
Yeah so long as Tron doesn't cast a Pyroclasm.
>>
>>48671706

>flickerwisp doesn't have flash

i'm nuts. that said, every creature gets better with vial. i never mind flashing in 2 power with first strike.
>>
>>48672114
That's why you side bft or mark of asylum. There's ways around it.
>>
Hey anon, do you sideboard so you're opponent struggles to deal with your threats or do you sideboard to deal with your opponents threats?
>>
>>48672294
In mtg you sideboard so you don't actually have to play your opponent

IE. Stony silence, rip, blood moon
>>
>>48672173
>Sideboarding into a card just incase your opponent draws a Pyroclasm when he can just play a fucking Karn
I bet you leave Path in your deck incase Scapeshift brings in a Wurmcoil or Inferno Titan.
>>
>>48672427
If your deck loses to a single card like that, then the fault is yours for playing gimmicks. Blood Moon has no excuse to exist though. The punishment for running lots of colours is the life you have to pay for fetchlands and shocklands. That a 3 mana card can blow you completely out of the game is ridiculous.
>>
>>48673142
Spoken like a true shitter.
>>
>>48673142
Affinity gets fucked by Stony Silence, Abzan CoCo gets fucked by Grafdigger's Cage and Dredge loses to RiP.
Are you going to pretend these are all just bad gimmick decks?
>>
>>48672294

When you sideboard, you need to sideboard against your opponent's sideboard. Exceptions are for very strong cards that can hose a very linear strategy or archetype.
>>
>>48673142
>it's fine to hose decks for two mana because I don't play with them
>using artifacts or the yard is a gimmick
>waaah my greedy goodstuff deck shouldn't have weaknesses

Hilarious
>>
>>48673234
>Affinity
Sorry but if you're running Ornithopter and Springleaf Drum, you're not playing a normal game of Magic.
>Abzan Company
Literally a combo deck.
>Dredge
I'm sorry did you just implying that Dredge is a remotely normal deck?
>>
>>48673297
The weakness is paying 5 life on turn 1 to fetch, shock, Thoughtseize. I'm sorry, is losing 1/4 of my life on turn 1 not enough? Should I be punished harder Mistress?
>>
>>48673311
What are you even trying to say? That only midrange decks are "normal" magic and they are the only good decks?
>>
>>48673311
Fucking new magic kiddos like you are the worst. Anything that isn't smashing creatures together is bad or not "normal"

>>48673330
It's your choice to do this. I'm punishing you with blood moon. It's just icing that you're greedy and helping me get your life down
>>
File: 1378594266921.jpg (66KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
1378594266921.jpg
66KB, 468x468px
I'm glad Magic exists and I can enthusiastically discuss it with my friends at /tg/'s Modern general
>>
>>48673334
I'm saying that whining about Magic being a game of sideboards is retarded when it's only gimmicky decks that lose to sideboards in the first place. How exactly do you sideboard against Jund? You don't because it has no gimmicks. Meanwhile the aggro deck that relies on abusing cheap artifacts gets hosed by sideboards.
>>
File: 1457851076655.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457851076655.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>48673234
>Abzan CoCo gets fucked by Grafdigger's Cage
>>
>>48673385
You play blood moon. Lmao stay mad midrange baby

>unless it's midrange it's gimmick

Please stop, I'm dying over here
>>
>>48673425
Nigger I'll just Thoughtseize it away, fetch basics, or float in response and Decay it. The card isn't really a problem for Jund to deal with.
>>
>>48673414
You can't use your Chords or Cocos, you can't combo and your finks lose their good value.
Please tell me how you Chord for artifact removal when they play Grafdigger's on turn 1 or 2?
>>
>>48673439
It's a well known fact that if Blood Moon sticks it's incredibly problematic for Jund
I don't know why you're even arguing this
>>
File: large.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>48673466
>Not runing reclamación sage
>Not runing abrupt decay
>Not wining just by gavony township damage
God you are a shitter, go play infect or burn
>>
>>48673439
Then why are you bitching about moon?
>>
>>48673515
It's a card that doesn't deserve to exist. It punishes people for playing cards that already punish you, in a way that can instantly end the game.
>>
>>48671347

>only UWx rev for 15 is true control.
>>
>>48673527
Just because you play jund and moon hurts your feelings doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to exist.

But other decks deserve to be hosed entirely because they don't play by your three colour creature strategy? Fucking hell
>>
>>48671445

>spell queller
>dank mage
>we modern nao
>>
>>48673330
If you're fetching a Blood Crypt/Overgrown Tomb to Thoughtseize your opponent on turn one, you force him to discard Blood Moon, so why are you whining?

Also Tron is neither a combo nor a control deck. It's a midrange deck whose game plan is hardcasting late game finishers on turn 3. Arguing that it's combo is like arguing that infect is combo, when it plays like an agro deck.
>>
>>48673349
No he's right Land Hate had no place in Modern. 3-4 color decks punishment is losing to aggro. Decks like affinity and Dredge getting hated out really hard by a couple cards is completely fair because they're disgustingly explosive and can still win through hate. Artifact hate is only good against Affinity, Graveyard hate is only really good against dredge, Blood Moon hoses several decks and has little interactivity.
>>
>>48673751

>has little interactivity

Ugh I hate that word
>>
>>48673751
>Land Hate had no place in modern
Oh right, because it feels bad right? Same thing with counterspells. Sorry to intrude on your safe place
>>
>>48673751

>I want to play greedy manabase every time I play magic the tappening
>>
>>48673751
Have you read blood moon? It ain't one sided. You have to build your deck around it to an extent to even include it as a sideboard option.

But then again you're the type of player they cater to recently by dumbing the game down
>>
>>48673937
Dont blame the players, blame the devs
>>
>>48674078
When the player says the dumb shit yes, I will blame them.
>>
New to modern here
Why do people buy enemy fetches when allied fetches are a quarter the price?

Isn't it cheaper to get enemy pain lands instead?
>>
>>48673527
Play a less greedy mana base if blood moon pisses you off so much.

Just because you're so salty, I hope modern eventually gets Wasteland and Price of Progress to make you squirm even more.
>>
>>48674414
Because enemy fetches might provide marginally better performance in their deck, and cost doesn't factor into creating a good decklist.

That doesn't excuse star of david games for fucking with the market, but you don't hobble yourself with market costs when building a list.
>>
>>48674414
Usually, the play with whatever fetches they have, and alot of players will have zen fetches already.\

>Isn't it cheaper to get enemy pain lands instead?
What?
>>
>>48674414
>Isn't it cheaper to get enemy pain lands instead?
Of course it's cheaper when the cards costs less. But they are cheaper because they aren't as good.
>>
>>48674525
Joke's on you, I WANT Modern to get Wasteland because it'll make mono colour decks viable.
>>
>>48674577
As in: Allied fetches/Enemy shock lands
As opposed to Enemy fetch/Allied shock lands
>>
>>48674601
Yeah but why aren't they as good?
Any fetch can get any source of mana if you have the right combination.

Seems like a waste of money.
>>
File: 1456879927012.jpg (13KB, 472x357px) Image search: [Google]
1456879927012.jpg
13KB, 472x357px
>lowered time limit for games to 20 minutes on Xmage because I was fed up with slow players
>a lot of decently fast players still time out
Do you guys think 20 minutes is too little?
>>
>>48673652
Infect is aggro-combo, it's not just aggro. Much like Affinity is aggro-combo.
>>
Just traded 3 baubles for a couple Metalworkers. Thanks modern!
>>
>>48674631
Maybe you just need to play more to understand.
I'm running a rug deck. I want misty and tarn. Foothills is going to fuck me against aggro because I'm mostly blue with green and red splashed.
>>
>>48674631
>Any fetch can get any source of mana if you have the right combination.
A Windswept Heath can never fetch a basic Swamp no matter how good your combination of lands is. If you play a 2 color deck you want a fetch in those 2 colors. If you play 3 color decks you want your fetches to be able to get basics of the color you are heaviest reliant on.
>>
>>48674662
>Do you guys think 20 minutes is too little?
Usually its fine, but a 2-1 match with two grindy decks will definitely go past that. 25 or 30 is better.
>>
>>48674678
If you were smarter you would've traded the baubles for cards that actually see play outside of one deck that's mostly been supplanted nowadays..
>>
>>48674678
No one is actually using Bauble in Modern. It's speculators speculating speculators.
>>
>>48674706
>one deck that's mostly been supplanted nowadays
Yeah this. Eldrazi is MUD but really powerful.
>>
>>48674701
25 is the default on Xmage but I don't feel like modern is so complicated that a turn has to take 3 minutes, so I lowered it
>>
>>48674662
If you are not both playing aggro it's a bit low in case you go to game 3.
>>
>>48674706
If you were smarter you would play a better format. Or get cards on the reserved list so the price will only go up. Or realize metalworker is one of the most powerful cards ever

>>48674711
Hence the trading.
>>
>>48674773
Lmao you're mad as fuck
>>
>>48674773
Dude I love MUD but it's on its way out and Metalworker won't be played for the foreseeable future
I'm switching to Pox
>>
>>48674711
Zooicide decks run it. I guess the speculating speculators might believe it will be played to activate Delirium and grow Goyf, but we will see.
>>
>>48674773
>If you were smarter you would play a better format.
I play ANT in legacy, fuck off.

>Or get cards on the reserved list so the price will only go up.
Which is why I got a playset LEDs a couple of blue duals, you know, cards that actually see play.

>Or realize metalworker is one of the most powerful cards ever
Yeah, and so was flametongue kavu and masticore. That was fucking years ago, grandpa, get with the times.

You're really that fucking dumb.
>>
>>48674879
Vintage shops
>>
A bunch of middle school kids started joining the magic games at the coffee shop my group plays at, and they are pretty bad. You know, like most middle school players.

I'm looking for some decks that won't completely crush them, while at the same time won't just roll over for them either. You know, something they feel they could win against and it inspires them to get better.
>>
>>48674902
Try again. They don't play it.
>>
>>48674916
And?
>>
File: sphinxsrevelation[1].jpg (44KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
sphinxsrevelation[1].jpg
44KB, 550x300px
>>48674916
>>
>>48674916
You should play Kithkin Tribal tbqhwyf
>>
>>48674934
Okay, I was wrong, there are lists that run it, but like that anon is gonna fucking afford shops.
>>
>>48674987
This, good luck taking out a mortgage for a vintage deck lmao
>>
>>48674916
Just build a standard deck, bro.
>>
>>48674934
You serious?
>>
>>48674934
>>
>>48675091
>>48675069
A lot of lists don't play metalworker. But I was wrong on the whole.
>>
>>48669703

1-2 Mutavaults or Blinkomth Nexus maybe?

Push through an extra point or two of damage.
>>
>>48669703
NIGGA, Where are your grim lavamancers? Shard Volley and Lavamancer go together like two peas in a pod.
>>
I'm just wondering if /tg/ can get this ruling correct. Im at 2 life, eidelon on the field, I cast collateral damage targeting my opponent and saccing the eidelon. What happens.
>>
Does anyone have a good recommendation for replacing Gideon , Ally of Zendikar in a G/W token deck? Currently trying to build something decent, and was wondering if anyone had some good alternatives. Elspeth is too expensive and her other variant seems like she'll get immediately gacked for her ult.
>>
>>48675769
You die. Not hard to understand. Spells are cast before they resolve.
>>
>>48675769
>cost is paid before being cast therefore eidelon doesn't kill you
>>
>beat someone affinty shitter with my esper draw go 2-1
>"congratulations you got me with those cute cards"
>"you've been kicked out of the game"
>>
>>48675864
Wow. Do tell me more. I love seeing these Esper green texts every thread
>>
>>48675902
Well, I don't have any right now but I'll post them in the thread as soon as I get some.
>>
>>48675809
>>48675831
You're both wrong
>>
>>48675864
As an affinity player, I've always thought it was affinity that plays with cute cards.
>>
>>48673937
You just described the very reason wizards doesn't make event remotely good land hate/destruction anymore. It isn't fun, it doesn't interact. It actually hurts business because new players don't want to play a game that they're mana gets popped and they aren't allowed to play. Legacy is already a format with very powerful land hate that is very present in the meta, Modern shouldn't just be little shitty legacy it should be a completely different format.
>>
>>48671347
people don't think it's a control deck because it had inevitability, they think it's a control deck because it is literally trying to control the fucking board. it's a pile of card selection, board wipes, and spot removal.
>>
>>48676157
You are the cancer killing Magic, go back to your hole or kill yourself
>>
>>48676157
So the problem is the majority of modern players want it to be legacy-lite, and wizards wants it to be standard+.
>>
>>48673985
You clearly haven't played Eternal Formats, go back to draft
>>
>>48676157
>t. Tron mouth breather
>>
Thinking about rolling my izzet blitz pauper deck into a modern UR delver list.

Will I regret it? I like the delver plan but without preordains and ponder it seems much much worse. Just kind of looking to get into modern slowly and not just blow a paycheck on a competitive list. Will slowly stock up on snapcasters for example.
>>
>>48676245
Buy chinese fakes and put together a real deck
>>
>>48676157
Then just play hearthstone. No reason for lands if all they are is a random factor where you hope they get drawn and then nobody can touch them.
>>
>>48676201
Karn isn't spot removal. Karn is just the most powerful thing you can slam at 7 colourless mana. It's not that Tron wants to control the board with cards like Pyroclasm, it's just the best thing the deck can run to desperately try and protect itself while trying to "combo off" and hit the mana needed for the stupid payoff spells. Is Wurmcoil Engine either card selection, a board wipe, or spot removal? No it's just a big dumb colourless spell.
>>
>>48676291
Wew lad, you're fucking retarded
>>
>>48676291
Tron is a deck with the inevitably of control, plays like combo, and puts pressure on like aggro but a focus on none. It is the best tier 2 deck, but not good enough for tier 1. Linear but with multple late game choices.
>>
>>48676291
Ugin is a better turn 3 play than Karn is
>>
>>48676389
>tron
>not good enough for tier 1
???
>>
>>48676389
The question you have yo ask yourself is: can tron win without assembling a "combination" of 2-3 cards? The answer is no.
>>
>>48676456
Its not ???
Check to OP fucktard. its tier 2

T. rG Tron player
>>
>>48676416

you playing simians or something...?
>>
>>48676261
Speaking of the chinese overlords, how long do the cards usually take to come in?
>>
>>48676496
So...?

Combo means that you get a synergy going that wins the game on the spot, a la twin

>>48676537
Warping wail ;^)
>>
>>48676581
>not know forest into birds is a combo

>>48676539
My first batch came in a little over a week but I've been waiting over 3 weeks for my grishoalbrand pieces
>>
>>48676581
>Combo means that you get a synergy going that wins the game on the spot, a la twin
Does not have to win on the spot, just has to do unfair things. Gifts is combo for example.
>>
>>48676539
2-6 weeks depends of country
>>
>>48676700
Or gaining infinite life. Newlamog ingesting your library or infect poisoning you don't give a shit how much life you gain.
>>
>>48676774
So is infect combo now? What about affinity? Jund?
>>
>>48676832
>So is infect combo now?

Obviously. You're playing pump spells IN CONJUNCTION with Glistener Elf/Blighted Agent/Inkmoth to kill your opponent on the spot. It's the best combo deck right ahead of Tron.
>>
>>48676887
>the best combo deck
>not the classic 7 burn spells 21 damage combo
>>
>>48676913
>not the Sphinxes Revelation + 18 lands combo
>>
>>48676832
Jund is just control with some beatsticks
>>
>>48677059
The joke
Your head
>>
>>48677059
Jund is "let me cram every overpowered 1-3 drop in these colors into one deck" with a slight graveyard synergy for Goyf.
>>
>>48677109
>JUND RUNS GRAVEYARD SYNERGY
Now I've read fucking everything.
>>
>>48677286
welcome to /tg/'s very own modern general
>>
>>48677286
It's not completely wrong though. Some people run a Tarfire or Seal of Fire as their fifth bolt to grow their goyf.
Maybe calling it graveyard synergy is stretching it but I think this is what he meant.
>>
>>48677286
>>48677314
He obviously meant seal of fire you fucking dickheads
>>
>>48677286
Goyf plays better in Jund and Junk than in Bant or Naya because of all the discard.
>>
>>48677433
It doesn't really matter. You're going to play the cards anyway
>>
>>48677433
This. Getting a sorcery + something else in the yard turn 1 and then a relatively early game planeswalker as well grows it faster than most other decks.
>>
Does this fellow have a place in modern bant or toolbox creatures?
>>
>>48678586
Sure, why not? Hell, throw in spell Queller, CoCo and a bunch of value creatures and you've got yourself a deck my friend.
>>
>>48678947
Is this sarcasm? No bully pls
>>
>>48678972
Nope, I'm serious. Make it a tempo oriented CoCo deck. Hitting reflector mage at instant is awesome.

Add in Clique, Giest, Path. Maybe a couple Dromokas Command. Round it off with some more creatures to round it up to around 27 or whatever the magic CoCo number is.

Boom. Deck brewed.
>>
>>48676037
dredge cards are definitely cutest!
>>
>>48674029
Build around it? All you have to do is play the color red and fetch for you're 1 or 2 basics. Or play a deck that doesn't care about color, I've seen Affinity play Blood Moon.
>>
Hey I was wondering if someone wanted to review my GW Hatebears list:

http://deckstats.net/decks/33532/544866-gw-hatebears/en
>>
File: top gun.jpg (11KB, 288x287px) Image search: [Google]
top gun.jpg
11KB, 288x287px
>>48675864

>playing on anything except mtgo
>bragging about beating someone with your bad meme deck
Even if this is true why would anyone care?
>>
>>48675962
How? They said two different things.
>>
>>48676218
>Majority of Modern players
That's a bit of a stretch, maybe most of /tg/'a Modern Players yes. But pretty much yes you're right.

I personally believe a magic player should have a reason to play both Moden and Legacy/standard, because as of now Modern just seems to be the Eternal format for people who can't afford legacy. I love modern but it's just too caught between newer age cards and older cards without taking full benefit from either. It should just be one or the other not some weird mixture of both.
>>
>>48677286
>slight
What is Tarmogoyf? What is Scavenging Ooze?
>>
>>48676235
I play Jund & Burn in Modern and Shardless Bug & Burn in Legacy. I actually hate Tron, personally think 8th, 9th, and the 10th edition should be removed from Modern.
>>
>>48679083
I'm gonna barrow this
>>
>>48676284
Not all of magic should be that way, just Modern and Standard. Legacy and Vintage are very fun and should keep that aspect, what I'm saying is that power creep makes LD awful with newer cards.
>>
>>48676946
Well meme'd my friend
>>
>>48679577
You cast before paying costs.

But it still doesn't trigger, because by the next state based action check eidelon is no longer there. The one guy was sort of right but his reasoning was wrong.
>>
>>48679919
>You cast before paying costs.
That is incorrect. Paying costs is part of the casting process. A spell becomes cast when the entire casting process is completed.
>>
>>48679315
You can do the same thing then
>>
>>48679609
Dredge cards
>>
>>48680457
>tfw they didn't print Sepulchrivore
>you will never discard a goyf and a bloodghast to zombie infestation
>>
>>48670064
>what is Searing Blaze
>>
Anyone else feel like Jund should be nerfed? The sheer power of the individual cards are godly. Any good cards that you could sideboard against them are discarded. The matchup depends on topdeck luck to win. And I don't know whose idea it was to print aburpt decay but they need to be fired. Affinity and Burn are powerful as well but have weaknesses to attack. Jund has no weakness and has the best tools in the format and I wouldn't be surprised if someone took modern jund to a legacy tournament and performed well. It's that good and there's no reason to play anything else.
>>
>>48683457
Lightning bolt
Thoughtseize
Inquisition of kozilek
Tarmogoyf
Dark confidant
Savaging ooze
Abrupt decay
Melstrom pulse
Liliana of the veil
Kolaghan's command
>>
>>48683457
Ban Goyf.

Problem solved.
>>
>>48683457
I guess you could ban Abrupt Decay on the basis that it solidifies GBx as the best midrange deck, shores up too many of that deck's bad matchups, and unfairly punishes tempo and non-creature permanent based strategies.

I'd still prefer more reprints and unbans, though.
>>
>>48683457
Jund gets shit on by plenty of decks. The only decks that Jund shoves their fat cocks into are those that try to play fair.
>>
>>48683541
Nope. The answer is thoughtseize or abrupt decay.
>>
>>48683567
Nah, those cards are basic shit and don't win the game by themselves like Goyf does.
>>
Posting new version of Bant company. I feel really good about the current version of the deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-company-20-2/
>>
>>48683636
Sshhhh poor boy
>>
>>48683457

>no weakness
>super greedy manabase

We just need more cards like Blood Moon. Reprint price of progress.
>>
>>48683457
And then it gets stomped by legacy jund and laughed out the event
>>
How do I deal with Scooze as dredge?
>>
>>48683930
>wastes hundreds of dollars on a single card
>still loses to some 12 year old playing mono red
>>
>>48684231
Abrupt decay,lightning bolt, Pithing needle
>>
>>48684231
Playing a real deck.
>>
>>48684290
All this projecting. You mad

>hundreds
>>
>>48684231

1. Lightning axe.
2. Conflagrate the fucker
>>
File: truth.png (64KB, 1366x236px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
64KB, 1366x236px
>>48683541
>>48683636

>baww they should ban a beatstick that doesn't have any form of evasion and does nothing outside of being tapped.

It makes you sound like this.
>>
>>48684555
The joke is on you, I already used that meme here >>48680457
>>
>>48673504
>Reclamation Sage
>Abrupt Decay
>Company

Bro none of those cards have ever seen play in CoCo, and GLHF outvaluing Jund or Zoo on board when 8+ cards in your deck are blank and you can't Persist anything.
>>
>>48673492
The only time Ive ever actually legitimately lost to Blood Moon on Jund is when I actively forget that Im playing a Jam_BloodMoon.dec. Cliffs and Ravines hurt to lose, but guess what colors you take me off and spells you lock me out of? None of them
>>
>>48683457
Tron wrecks jund's shit
>>
>>48684881
Modern: A format full of decks that hard counter half of the decks in the format, and are hard countered by the other half.
>>
>>48685110
>Modern: A format

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>48683457
I'm pretty sure you've never played legacy
>>
>>48684507
What if they exIle my dredged conflagrate?
>>
>>48685918
so did you just skip over the "lightning axe" part or are you being intentionally difficult?
>>
Jund needs a nerf? It's really not that good, it's just popular. It loses to tons of decks and has severe "draw the wrong half of your deck" syndrome.

If ANYTHING needs a nerf, it's Infect. And even that isn't too awful.
>>
>>48686631
infect is necessary unless you want tron and ad naus running rampant. like if you're losing to infect, it's your fault.
>>
>>48684200
>Reprint price of progress.

Oh god, no pls. You can't play lands anymore as UR or R aggro would be stomping everyone's shit in.
>>
>>48687190
>tfw soul sisters becomes t1
>>
>>48687100
Losing to any deck is your fault. And it's completely impossible that Tron is exclusively kept in check by Infect, same for Ad Nauseam. Your whole post is silly.
>>
>>48687559
no but with most decks you can play exactly right but still lose. infect is very good at punishing misplays. if you're playing a reasonable amount of removal (more than just 4 path) and you play tight, you shouldn't be losing to infect.

tron's infect matchup is so bad that they're doing a really strange paranoid pre-sideboarding thing now and it's still not enough.
>>
I just want selesneya or bant to be playable as midrange options. Only then will I take this format seriously other than casual playing it.
>>
>>48688911
play bant eldrazi; problem solved.
>>
File: Coco.jpg (394KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Coco.jpg
394KB, 1366x768px
>>48684858
>I'm shit at magic, anon!
>>
File: jews.png (53KB, 800x93px) Image search: [Google]
jews.png
53KB, 800x93px
Daily reminder: There won't be any good reprints as jewish overlords of wotc aren't pleased with them.

Instead they prefer to force new shitty cards for 40$ plus tip that are useless outside of standard.
>>
File: 1443661175810.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1443661175810.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>48689135
this is known
>>
File: alksdfadf.png (4MB, 1661x935px) Image search: [Google]
alksdfadf.png
4MB, 1661x935px
So, I've been dicking around with this BUG colored deck out of the FRF/KOT/DTK blocks with Sidisi, Brood Tyrant as a sort of all star in a self-mill/exploit deck.

Is this going to work out or am I fucked because no matter what I do, it feels like it's too split apart. I'd like to use Taigam's Scheming to set up huge delve creatures but it feels like the deck doesn't do what it should.

Can anyone give me some pointers for recursion/delve/whatever the fuck I need to make it work?
>>
>>48684290

>not getting all of your goyfs from tsp block drafts

????
>>
KTK damn it.*
>>
>>48689135
Have they ever said why they were unhappy with it?
Why are they so afraid of making the game accessible to new players?
>>
Can someone clue me in on Dredge? It seems like an interesting deck and I noticed that some SOI/EM cards are seeing use in it, but how does it play besides chucking everything into your graveyard?
>>
>>48689809
That's all there is to it, the deck is based around abusing Prized Amalgam and sometimes Dredgevine to get super explosive starts
It's getting more popular cause they got tons of enabler in SOI, making it more consistent, but it still folds to the same things it used to.
>>
>>48683457
Shardless BUG is the better Abrupt Decay deck in legacy tho.
>>
>>48689107
>2015

lol
>>
>>48689613
>not getting all of your goyfs from mr wong
>>
>>48689664
Its pretty obvious, those cards wrecked standard as they were clearly the most powerful options. Every 'best deck' in that period played 4 thoughtseize, from MBD to Abzan. Plus the card had an inflated price due to eternal demand which gives standard players the feel bads.
>>
>>48684231
By having the play and going fast, you should have like 12 power on the board by the time he untaps with it.
>>
>>48689596
>no actually good black/blue/green cards outside of the cut
>9 cmc cards

Fucked.
>>
>>48689983
>inflated price
>thoughseize went from 30$ to like 7-8$ after the reprint
>>
>>48689107
Uh, you do remember we are at /tg/ right?
>>
File: 1325757881955.gif (30KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1325757881955.gif
30KB, 112x112px
>>48690095
I've got 2 woodland wanderers and some other shit. I'm on a budget, okay? Plus, more into magic for the fun than competitive.
>>
File: who put you on the planet.jpg (33KB, 335x525px) Image search: [Google]
who put you on the planet.jpg
33KB, 335x525px
>>48690480
>MtG
>fun
shit nigga what are you doing
>>
File: 1320524658316.gif (9KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1320524658316.gif
9KB, 336x330px
>>48690513
Having fun?
>>
File: duva5.jpg (53KB, 950x960px) Image search: [Google]
duva5.jpg
53KB, 950x960px
>>48690546
>>
File: 1338708352886.jpg (36KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
1338708352886.jpg
36KB, 381x400px
>>48690572
Stop trolling me when you're sitting next to me.
>>
>>48690480

As much as I like woodland wanderer it doesn't help much as it's 4 cmc creature. I understand being on budget or just wanting to have fun, but if you bring this deck to any modern FNM you will end up with a serve case of "feels bad". It might be a fun deck to play kitchentable tho.

If you want to run BUG then you should think of cards like goyf, kalitas, snapcaster, the banana guy. Not to mention abrupt decay and lili. In other words you might just build jund because it's gonna cost you just as much.
>>
File: no escape.png (238KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
no escape.png
238KB, 604x404px
>>48690625
well maybe if there werent fucking cards everywhere so i could actually get out of my seat you fuck
>>
>>48690626

>serve
>severe

Fuck me and fuck autocorrect.
>>
>>48689596
It's fucked and you're in the wrong thread.

>>48676539
Just had an order I placed on the 30th come in today but that's kind of fast for them. I'd say over two weeks usually.
>>
File: burning money.gif (5MB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
burning money.gif
5MB, 640x362px
>>48690626
>Goyf.
>My face when.
The banana guy? I mostly just want to build tribal decks of different kinds. Is there any other way than just paying heaps of money?
>>48690700
Which one is the right thread?
>>
>>48690775
The casual thread. This is for a format called Modern.
>>
>>48679518
Just wanted to chime in and say there's no reason to not be running at least 3x Selfless Spirit.
>>
File: 1327364159077.png (132KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1327364159077.png
132KB, 250x250px
>>48691075
How funny that we're playing the same format then.
>>
>>48691173
Fuck off.
>>
>>48684555
>card focused around making people discard does not belong in a deck that wants the opponent to have a small hand

No, no way, no one is this bad at Magic. I refuse to believe this screencap is real.
>>
File: Tasigur, the Golden Fang_FRF.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tasigur, the Golden Fang_FRF.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>48690775
>The banana guy?
>>
>>48691244
Oh, I wanted him. I always thought it was neat how the pro's managed to make all choices available into 7 flavors of ebola.

If I want to get into modern, where should I start? I've looked at Phylactery Lich and infect decks. I don't know enough for dredge to be viable.
>>48691190
No u.
>>
>>48690148
It was a 25 dollar rare for its life in standard. The main problem was it was just too good, thoughtseize could just win you the game on turn 1 against shaky standard hands. You were heavily disadvantaged by choosing not to play it. MUD was better than MBD in every way, but saw a lot less play because it didnt have access to seize to get free wins.
>>
>>48691324
You choose one of the decks on the left, look up how they're played, then build from there. Look up "DECKNAME Modern" and click on the MTGSalvation link for it, they'll tell you everything you need to know about a particular deck.

http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Phylactery Lich is shit. Infect is on there if you're interested. If you really want to play tribal that badly then do either Elves, Faeries, or Merfolk, no other tribe is viable.
>>
>>48691324
Go to mtg goldfish, find a deck you like from the top 20 or so, then proxy it or play it on cockatrice or xmage until you're comfortable with it. Commit to building it over time by spending a few bucks a month on it.

This format isnt about instant gratification. I've seen 16 year olds build T1 decks and win pptqs off of their summer jobs, but it takes time. Format is fun once you have a deck though and you only need to update your list when you feel like it.
>>
Anyone else feel like Modern is just a format of good and bad matchups? There's very few matchups that seem even, it's just Tron crushing Jund, or Infect raping Scapeshift. Too many decks rely on high levels of synergy or combos.
>>
>>48691150
Spellskite is the better protection. Though the 2 power in the air could be relevant.
>>
>>48691599
Git gud. I beat my worst matchup 3 times in a row at my last event because I played to my decks strengths and took advantage of my opponents' mistakes.

If you've played your deck for a year and you still feel like modern is a coin toss youre just bad.
>>
>>48691569
Not even zombies? I love zombies.
>>
>>48691599
while I agree with you that modern has many lopsided matchups on paper, I feel like a skilled pilot will be able to mitigate this enough of the time to be successful. I just won a gpt playing infect. In the top8, I was paired against mardu nahiri, jeskai nahiri, and abzan midrange; all considered to be bad matchups for me. I was repeatedly able to induce my opponent to fuck up, and capitalize on their mistakes. now I have two byes to Indy.
>>
How much will CoCo cost after rotation?
Can it cost less than 10? i think is the most played card in standard right now after and whe it rotates out, there would be a lot of supply for the card
>>
>>48691947
Zombies are nice until someone gets rid of your graveyard, or stops your shit from coming back from the graveyard, or exiles your shit when it dies.
You end up losing to a single card that damn near everyone will have in their sideboard.
>>
>>48692165
It'll drop until people realise that Bant Company is really strong in Modern. You can hit so many stupid cards it's unreal. Geist? Witness? Finks? Goyf? Clique? There's so many insane things to hit.
>>
>>48691215

That guy was a scourge to the threads for like a week or two. I think he was legitimately insane. The screencap is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>48691569

>no other tribe is viable.

Goblins and Allies and Slivers are (at least not so long ago they were) tier 3 senpai.
>>
>>48692221
Bant company is capable of some really gross plays, and they just got a new toy with Spell Queller, but I feel like a strategy that's basically "cram a bunch of mana dorks and three drops in a deck with coco" is always going to be a bit swingy and vulnerable to unfair decks. In high power level formats it's hard for fair decks to compete without packing discard from black or counterspells from blue.
>>
File: Island2.full.jpg (139KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Island2.full.jpg
139KB, 480x680px
Is it actually worth it to invest into Merfolk? I'm on the fence since there aren't a lot of cards that go into other decks, but since I play Legacy and (proxied) Vintage, where Merfolk is also a deck, it seems like the most cross-format deck, so I could get the most bang out of my buck. On the other hand you get some staples like Mutavault and Aether Vial, but those don't feel like they go in a ton of decks either, so if those suddenly tank I'm left with pretty much nothing.

Any thoughts? Alternatively, what would you think is the best cross-format deck besides Merfolk?
>>
>>48692449

Bant can actually try to pack some countermagic, and boy - spell queller is a cunt.
>>
>>48692495
Mud for eternal and vintage, DnT for Legacy and modern
>>
>>48692495

You can play affinity in legacy, it sometimes even steals some wins.
>>
>>48692567
>MUD
I do mean a deck that has a Modern equivalent, since I'm trying to branch out into other formats aside from Legacy and Vintage.

>DnT
DnT has a lot less overlap between formats compared to Merfolk though.
>>
>>48692449
Why would you run mana dorks? Look I get it, Heirarch and BoP are hilarious cards, but you don't just jam them into a deck because you can. You aren't trying to rush out a Company, you're just playing a bunch of really good cards.
>>
File: Time-Walks_zps4bfc4aff.png (462KB, 668x310px) Image search: [Google]
Time-Walks_zps4bfc4aff.png
462KB, 668x310px
yet again im going to share my taking turns brew on here

4 Time Warp
4 Temporal Mastery
4 Walk the Aeons
1 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
4 Remand
3 Cryptic Command
3 Rites of Flourishing
2 Explore
3 Serum Visions
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Jace Beleren
2 Crucible of Worlds
1 Faerie Conclave
1 Alchemist's Refuge
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Breeding Pool
2 Hinterland Harbor
1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
6 Island
3 Forest
2 Day's Undoing
2 Ghost Quarter
2 Mana Leak
1 Part the Waterveil
SB: 2 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 1 Laboratory Maniac
SB: 1 Pongify
SB: 2 AEtherize
SB: 1 Rapid Hybridization
SB: 1 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
SB: 2 Bribery
SB: 2 Hurkyl's Recall
SB: 1 Mana Leak
SB: 2 Nature's Claim
>>
>>48691701
A flying 2/1 is very relevant for a deck trying to kill the opponent before they get to do anything important.
>>
>>48692901
>Rites of Flourishing
Haha THIS is where the memes get real lads!
>>
>>48692893
>Why would you run mana dorks?
You need something to play in the first two turns of the game.

land, pass->land, pass->land, 3 drop is a good way to lose a game in Modern
>>
>>48693142
Judge's Familiar and Mausoleum Wanderer are honestly worth a look-in at the moment. Then Selfless Spirit and Voice are pretty dank two drops. Once you hit three you're going at full steam, with Company basically just topping your curve.
>>
Rate my jank. Suggestions appreciated.

>creatures
monastery swiftspear x4
stormchaser mage x4
light house chronologist x4
sage of hours x4
thrummingbird x4

>instants and sorceries
distortion strike x4
artful dodge x4
aerial formation x4
stitch in time x4

>artifacts
elixir of immortality x4
sundial of the infinite x1

>planeswalker
Ral Zarek x1

>land
shivan reef x4
islands x8
mountains x6
>>
>>48692893
Because they are good cards and they help you get your value 3 drops and 4 mana CoCo out faster.
Noble Hierarch is a super strong card and you would be a fool not to include it in a value deck like that.
>>
>>48693316
Dorks lead to people keeping bad hands and losing to Bolt. I can understand Heirarch in infect where the pump is doubled, but dorks are just such bad topdecks.
>>
File: Scion of Oona.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Scion of Oona.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>48693349
>>48693349

New thread is up since this one will reach bump limit in ~10 posts.
>>
>>48693350
Lands are also bad topdecks but you need them anyway. As another anon said you need something to play before your 3 drops and it doesn't get better than a Noble Hierarch for a deck like that.
>>
>>48690095
>complaining about 9 CMC on a card with Delve
Nigga you know what delve is?
>>48689596
Your deck is absolutely dog shit and you should, as per forum etiquette, create or join a /casual/ thread and never post here again until you've made yourself familiar with the format.
>>
>>48692901
Boseiju is great tech, I'll add him to the sideboard.
How good would you say playing green for Rites and Explore is? I'm not convinced that it's better than mono blue.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/
>>
>>48693292
Your deck is a strictly shittier version of UR delver
>Sage of hours
No
If you want to take extra turns, play this:
>>48695194
>>
>>48683457
Jund is a very fair deck comprised solely of gudstuff. It uses a greedy manabase though, which is where the weakness lies. It needs a lot of mana fixing to work properly and any deck that can vomit degeneracy onto the board can potentially beat it. Playing against Jund is playing against pure value. If you can outpace it with degeneracy, then you have an edge. You can't outvalue Jund though, that's a lesson in futility.

Tron has a good matchup against it because it can power out big plays without trying to interact as much as possible.
>>
>>48695417
Abzan liege can outvalue jund, is designed to do so
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.