[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern LARPing (aka Milsim)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Picture 9.jpg (87KB, 536x686px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 9.jpg
87KB, 536x686px
How does /tg/ feel about 'modern' LARPing? (Milsim) While most of these events don't bill themselves as LARPs, they certainly are at heart. Have you ever been to one?

While I know there's a fair number in Europe, the hotspot for them seems to be the States, especially since they can more easily get access to rifles with blank firing adpaters to use for both atmosphere and 'long range' engagement.

There's one happening Georgia (USA) in October with a bunch of people from 4chan going, if you're interested btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8Uo57O6k4
>>
File: 1468584746818.jpg (15KB, 128x175px) Image search: [Google]
1468584746818.jpg
15KB, 128x175px
I can't help but feel like I'd be extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable going to one of these if I didn't actually spend any time in the army.

Like I'd be waiting for someone to correct me on something the entire time.
>>
File: 1470013519174.jpg (159KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470013519174.jpg
159KB, 800x450px
>>48664054
Nah.

The most important thing is to be prepared for the experience, which usually comes down to proper uniform (usually not very hard) and packing things that will make sure you don't have a shitty time (water, food, spare batteries, etc)

Tryhards are pretty actively shunned and ultimately rule of cool seems to dominate.
>>
File: GRJTLcb.jpg (162KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
GRJTLcb.jpg
162KB, 400x602px
>>48664114
>That one guy rocking the Slavic tuxedo
>>
>>48664561
>tfw my Russian friend actually owns adidas tracksuits
I thought it a meme until then.
>>
how do they fight? Airsoft? Guns with blanks? if its blanks how do you know if you die?
>>
>>48664777
I've lived among a lot of yugos and other slavs. Can confirm.
>>
>>48665812
airsoft
>>
File: Razors_Edge_Pe_100.jpg (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Razors_Edge_Pe_100.jpg
1MB, 1600x1067px
>>48663696
went to several one, but sadly I don't have the time or money to do that seriously too. So I mostly go as civilians or other support characters
>>
>>48663696
You are mistaken. It would be easy to include some live action roleplay at a reenactment event, but it isn't done.

People who spend thousands on accurate uniforms and airsoft replicas tend not to be open towards silly theater games. They might use accurate calls and signs, ranks and forms during battle. But tell them the enemy is gone and they drop their shoulders. That's where their game ends.

LARPs may feature combat. But that is not where most of the roleplaying happens. It's individual character acting in diverse situations that have to be sought out. Not something reenactors do.

There are a lot of modern LARPs. There are even military LARPs. But most military events aren't LARPs. The scene views itself as competitive combat sport, not as creative social event.
>>
You'd get much more traction here

>>>/asp/1567598
>>
>>48668268
Well I don't know, but there was few post-apocalyptic LARPs in Central/Eastern Europe (and Germany), that were story heavy, not too much silly, faction based games. Once you entered game Area, it was on.

Politics, merchants, quests, angry raiders, dangerous mutants and toxic anomalies.
>>
>>48668634
Degenesis has decent LARPs apparently. Twelve Colonies and Projekt Exodus are great. There's a lot going on. But it isn't milsim.
>>
File: b9map.jpg (3MB, 2500x2011px) Image search: [Google]
b9map.jpg
3MB, 2500x2011px
>>48668678
if you want proper milsim try Berget at Sweden. Probably the biggest one, not sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Napoleonic Newbie here - could anyone help identify the make & troops in pic related? Also what paints are recommended for painting these sort of plastics?
>>
>>48669473
They seem smallish and rather inanimate. What's with the make up? And what dedication! EVERYTHING is gray, even the weapons.

LARPers truly are strange.
>>
>>48669595
clearly you are not immersed enough. I mean look at them, so much roleplaying and such a good kit!
I could never pull off that inanimate look. They are the best golem roleplayers I've ever seen. 10/10
>>
File: DF 16 002.jpg (939KB, 2592x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DF 16 002.jpg
939KB, 2592x3456px
>>48669649
>>
>>48670855
you want more Drachenfest pics or why are you posting this?
>>
>>48669595
kek, I had two tabs open & cross posted!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.