[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many pages is too much for a character sheet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Working on RPG.jpg (70KB, 550x417px) Image search: [Google]
Working on RPG.jpg
70KB, 550x417px
I have started pondering this, now that I've reached the point that I have to basically choose between two of my sheets, one which almost got to third page.

First one is very compact, pretty, and fits in one page, and the other is big, spacey, but takes two pages.

Honestly, I could see both of them used, because the first one is very good for those with small handwriting, as the second one is good for the opposite.

My system is surprisingly rules-heavy for a game that can be fitted in 17 pages, font 12.

Discussion about character sheets in general too. Such as... What is your opinion on "common rolls" section, put in a sheet? I find them useful because I don't have to explain to every dummy every time what dice to throw for what. But some might think they're waste of space or even limiting imagination. What's your take?

Which character sheets did things right, which did them wrong?

No need to send Eoris' character sheet, we all know it's horrible
>>
One page of stats, up to one page of history. I try to keep it to half a page, though.
>>
One page front and back for everything. Anything over two pages front and back is too much, and that extra page should generally be for record keeping and stuff that isn't stats.
>>
>>48663448
Holy hell. Half a page? That's... A little. Maybe it's my extravagant style of making the sheets, but they always take quite a lot of space. Attributed to probably the fact that I like to make my stat blocks interesting-looking. Pic related.

>>48663522
I usually don't print on both sides of a page to give scribbling space to players.
>>
Crunch is important. That shit needs to be on the character sheet. Shit they've picked up is important, though at a certain point you can pretty much just *assume* they have a wand of cure light wounds or fucking whatever.

What else would you even put on there? If you're needing more than two pages for crunch and possessions and magic 'n shit, your homebrew is way, way too damn rule-heavy.
>>
>>48665154
spells
>>
>>48663564
Half a page is nothing. I use a note card or two for most systems.
>>
>>48665154
I actually stripped most of my crunch away from my sheet. I had way too confusing and difficult ways of having it. I should add the one part where I left it back though... Carry weight.

>>48665367
I couldn't even imagine such for my main game. Maybe for my side games, with tighter packaging, but not my main game, the abyss of anality.
>>
>>48667585
I mean I stripped most of the crunch out of the GAME, then the sheet. System was shit back then anyway.
>>
IMO everything should fit on one page without being too cramped.
>>
>>48663368
Single sheet of paper, printed on both sides, is the perfect amount - not too much, not too little. If well-organised, it's perfect and if badly organised, it's still good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.