[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General - Desperate for Spoilers Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

>Stranger bearing gifts
https://m.imgur.com/a/tjdx4

Still no models or Arcanists in sight.
>>
>>48663092
You just beat me to a repost. I heard a guy say that the new cowboys are tormented bandits. I'm quite happy with this.

But I realize I'm talking more about Jack Daw then either Viks or Von Schill. Anyway, what's everyone looking forward to?
>>
>>48663139

Mostly the Reva box and Anna that are on their way.

I wasn't initially sold on Reva until I started to consider how her corpse marker based threat range lets her threaten and control a lot of the board, especially with the Shieldbearers.

Anna sounds like a good no fun allowed henchman that I'll have to find a good place for.
>>
>>48663139
Murder Bull and Genie.
I love big models
Although apparently Genie is summon only, boo.
>>
>>48663311
I can't imagine he'll be a tough summon given how key it is.

I'm dying to get Jaakuna built and painted because I want to desperately try out Dr. Faust's nylon painting technique cause...she's the model I want to make sexy. But Parker's going to be such fun!
>>
>>48663139
Nellie, for sure. Been playing not-Guild all year and I can't wait to get back to oppressing people.
>>
>>48663462
Noooo my friend is running to guild. Going Ghostrider McCabe and Nellie and I sent him mcmourning goodies. Stop expanding the cowboy imperium!

That said, just means I get to go up to guild players and flip for Hands in the Air!
>>
I know it's a bit of a stupid complaint but in my local group I'm just completely wrecking face. As in, I've never lost a single match, and it's getting people a bit salty. But whenever I point out any mistakes they made or give them tips I just get "Whatever I play how I want" responses.

Should I just start losing on purpose or fucking around with list building? I don't care too much about winning, but trying my best to win is what makes things fun for me. I mean we get along fine but with the game there's always that hint of light annoyance hanging in the air.
>>
>>48663640
if they don't want to learn and get better it's their fault.
My group is awesome, always willing to just sit and chat after a game about what worked/what diddn't. It really helped me go from complete beginner atleast partially competent. People who don't want to learn don't deserve any special treatment.
>>
>>48663340
Yeah but doesn't that just mean he'll only be usable with Sandeep?
>>
>>48663722
He's Sandeep's totem. So, summon or not, it's Sandeep only.
>>
>>48663722
...As it should since the big guy is his totem. But I am imagining that we'll see some phillip and the nanny levels of nonsense out of him. The big trick is to figure out when each gamin is appropriate so he can rob the abilities you want at a moment
.>>48663899
Scooped, but yeah.
>>
>>48663918
>>48663899
Oh duh, my bad
>>
>>48664002
Nahh no worries man. I was about to make the same mistake until I checked the page. Until we get the cards/books in our hands it's a fair mistake.
>>
I am liking the new stuff. The models seem to be a little less campy than usual. Nellie's crew almost look like normal people, and Titania's seem like standard pissed off forest people from a high fantasy setting.
>>
Ordered my Malifaux starter set today. I'm going to revive the franchise in my town of be rendered very poor trying! Now I just need to get my head around all these expansions and bonus strategy decks...
>>
File: rasputina.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
rasputina.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
Post painted minis I want to see malifriend's paint jobs
>>
File: Nightmare McCabe.jpg (63KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare McCabe.jpg
63KB, 960x540px
>>48663139
Looking forward to Sandeep and seeing what the other new stuff does. Reva might finally get me to commit to Ressers but McCabes nightmare box looks so good.

>>48663311
Well apparently someone got second place in the GenCon Malifaux tourney playing two games with Sandeep. So it looks like he has potential
>>
File: master of puppets.jpg (476KB, 929x837px) Image search: [Google]
master of puppets.jpg
476KB, 929x837px
>>48664457
Those looks really nice, especially the golem.
I'm in the middle of painting up a collodi crew at the moment, I hate effigies
>>
>>48664457
>>48664553
Loving the paint work here especially on the golem and the puppet in the red dress. I'm a rookie painter and just got my first washes the other day and am learning the use of paint thinning, wet palettes and the like.
>>48664521
Glad to hear about Sandeep performing well. I got a buddy who runs Arcanists who prefers masters that don't have to interact directly so she's paying attention.
>>
File: 20131103_121719.jpg (206KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20131103_121719.jpg
206KB, 768x1024px
>>48664553
Some solid and neat colors going on. I wish the red was a little bit more pronounced though. Unless you were going for a darker red. The blues are quite good.
>>48664521
Neat to hear about the Sandeep, looking forward to trying him out.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48664457
My gremlins so far, many more to come~
>>
>>48664761

Nice touch on Mah's dress anon.
>>
File: neverborn masters.jpg (904KB, 1340x929px) Image search: [Google]
neverborn masters.jpg
904KB, 1340x929px
>>48664553
one more picture of my stuff, all of my masters until Titania shows up, I'm never bothering with Lucius though as I honestly don't think i'd ever use him
>>
>>48664761
What a fun looking army. No one locally plays gremlins, so I don't really see them often.
>>
>>48663640
I wish I had someone like you. When I win most people get salty and blame everything on luck and when I lose they showboat and refuse to give constructive criticism.
>>48663139
Anna and Scion of the Void, I'd really like to do more with Leveticus than do the same attacks every turn. Scheme running here I come.
>>
>>48663092
>or Arcanists in sight
Even escapism is suffering.
>>
File: my ressers.jpg (109KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
my ressers.jpg
109KB, 960x653px
my ressers stuff that I've posted before. I'll post my new project/ board next.
>>
File: next project.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
next project.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>48665955
Doing something for my Piggies next. The two lists to go along with this board I like to call Whiskey and Bacon.
>>
>>48665955
>>48665966
Its a real shame none of the new masters were dual faction. I swear the next wave of masters (2 years away? Maybe?) better be dual factions.
>>
>>48666106
eh I'm cool with whatever. I'm just hyped that we got new masters at all. My buddy bob Got barrows, So the next couple terrain purchases are going to be a train engine (already have a lot of train), and a River boat. Since we also already have a saloon and a large town. I'll be painting up Ophilia, and A guild player is gonna pick up perdita for some good old fashion wild west shootouts.
>>
>>48666106
I guess people wouldn't be particularly happy with dual faction masters since it really just means less masters. Also, it must be hell to balance.
>>
>>48666298
What? They could have still had 7 masters, just with some of them being dual faction. They managed to balance the existing ones pretty well and its still fun (and wallet friendly) to be able to take one of your masters in two factions, even if its better in one than the other.
>>
>>48666499
Unless they're all dual factions some factions would have more masters than others. And if you spread 7 factions over 4ish masters you'll have people complaining about there not being 7 masters. It's a lose-lose situation for Wyrd.
>>
>>48666604
I'm suggesting they should ALL be dual factions, yes.
>>
>>48663640
I play a bit of X-wing, and we have a guy like you. He researches the meta, super-optimises his lists, and as a result he cleans up. I suppose this is 'fun' for him, but for the rest of us, who want to try out original combinations and new synergies, he is an irritation. Especially when his advice is basically: "Be less original."
>>
>>48663640

Never try to lose on purpose anon. It'll make you feel shitty, and if they ever catch wind you're throwing the games they'll just be even more upset.

Fucking around with your list building might help has a temporary fix, but if this is a skill level issue it'll still probably show even if you're running dumb lists like Nix with all the dogs.

I'd say your best bet would be to bust out the story encounters, since those are made for more casual games and some are stacked in favor of a certain side. I'd also consider looking up tournies near you as a now and then thing. Might require a bit of planning and commuting, but if you find some you'll be able to go full force without fear of your opponent whining.

I am curious though what kind of crews you are running. It's also possible that it might be how you're beating them that's the issue.
>>
>>48663640
Have you ever played an RPG anon? Like D&D? In that the solution to "being better at the game" is to take a less than optimal idea and make it as optimal as possible.

For instance take a "cool" idea that sucks, then turn it into a "good but not great" idea by thinking through strategies and making good choices in list building.
>>
>>48663139
All the new Resser stuff, to see where we stand competetively. We came out quite well from Book 3 (best Emissary, Anna, Marshal and Hayreddin also seem decent), hoping the same for Book 4, though for now it seems like Guild is getting all the good stuff.
>>
>>48666844
>Best Emissary
Second best, TT got Shadow remember?
>>
>>48663640
Keep on winning or choose a less powerful Master and try to make him work.

Malifaux is a game where you can build fluffy lists and still be competetive with most Masters, so I just can't understand people who deliberately build less-than-optimal lists and then bitch about losing.
>>
>>48666880

I've generally heard that Shadow comes second after Carrion, though I'm not super familiar with what Shadow does besides generate focus like a monster and beat face.

Carrion has a really great toolkit that pretty much ramps up every master in Ressers to some degree.
>>
>>48666880
It's arguable. Shadow has awesome buffs indeed, but it's not like TT lacked good buffers before (looking at Yu), while Carrion gives us a most needed Wk buff and a great terrain manipulation ability. In a game I've made my opponent waste 3 of his models AP for 2 turns by simply blocking a small alley with the Shards.

It's hard to decide which one is better, basically both of them is going to be almost auto-include as I see.

But Carrion looks better.
>>
>>48666699
>>48666794
>>48666806
>>48666884
It's not even that I finetune lists or anything; I get the schemes, I assemble something fun I like best at that moment (Hell, my absolute favourite master is TT Brewmaster), and I play. I'd say I just have a fairly good sense of which units are meant to go where, and with that know when my opponents mess up and in turn punish that. Ive gone to some meetups across the country, and do really well too, which is just met with more sighs and "TT OP" by my locals.

Overall I just run anything TT. Preferably Brewmaster followed by Lynch. In order I prefer/play...
Brewmaster "core" list is Yu and Yin and the rest can be just about anything, Lynch just takes Yu and Huggy, Yan Lo takes 2ish ancestors, Misaki has Yu, Shenlong can be literally anything, McCabe has the Dawnserpent and Mei tends to go with Toshiro/Komainu.

I will admit I could probably stand to go with Sensei Yu a bit less because those pushes and fast masters are just so hard to give up but I generally run all kinds of different lists. Dunno, it's hard to both try and not try? When I see them mess up I find it hard not to go for it, and most have some I'd say faulty playstyles they lean towards which I know how to deal with, especially after all those games with them.
>>
>>48666950
If the Shadow Emissary wasn't competing with Yu for every single master's list he'd be in every single one of them, and I'd say be better than Carrion.

He does look uninspired though. Just meh.
>>
in an ulix list which is better a hog whisperer and a slop hauler or 2 slop haulers?
>>
File: 8masters.jpg (1MB, 1998x1590px) Image search: [Google]
8masters.jpg
1MB, 1998x1590px
>>48663092
>>
>>48668486
Nice.
>>
>>48666699
Terrible analogy, x wing has no where near the variety/options.
>>48667055
Don't listen to that guy. Here's probably bad or didn't heed useful advice.
>>
>>48667343
Hog whisperer and hauler. Ulix can pump out a lot of pig healing himself so you mostly just need the slop for him and your main summon target
>>
>>48664223
>The models seem to be a little less campy than usual.
THAT's it.
I was trying to work out why I like this wave more than some of the olders.
Less goofy.
Even the Gremlins look a bit less "we so randumb" than previous Gremlin crews.
>>
>>48664521
Managed second place at GenCon just off rules reading and theory-crafting?
He must be fucking fire.
Master and player.

>>48664457
Fill dem gaps bro.
Your painting is too damn good to let it down with gaps.

>>48664553
That's a great looking crew too. Like the other anon said, great colour blocking and palette choice.
Do you have more for it?

I'm always interested to see how more established players tie their factions together in style while keeping the themes identifiably distinct.

I'm currently struggling with a limited colour palette and the Showgirls, knowing that I'm going to expand to a whole new Crew aesthetic (probably to to Mei Feng) soon.

>>48664703
How did you do your metallic blend?
Looks good fambolism.
>>
>>48664761
Nice.
What's your denim mix?

I'm thinking of going denim rather than the orange boilersuit look for the Foundry models I'm planning on getting soon.

>>48667055
If you're just better at games than the rest of your group, and they don't want to learn, I'm not sure what to say besides hit some tournaments or something.

That and drop your lynchpins (no more Yu for you until September).
That's only going to be a short-term fix until you learn to raep with those lists too, but it might keep it fresh.
>>
>>48668688
That's not an analogy, friend. Back to school with you.
>>
>>48669076
>Managed second place at GenCon just off rules reading and theory-crafting?

Or he was a beta tester.
In which case he'd be kind of a douche.
>>
Man, seeing the Banasuva model sold me on Sandeep. I have Colette, Marcus, and Ramos, what else should I get for Sandeep?
>>
>>48669180
... Well now I feel stupid.
What are the rules from Wyrd about htat kind of thing?
Normally the Erratas and such don't go into effect for 14 days(?), but new releases are tournament leagal within hours?

Not that I have a problem with that, to be fair, but there must have been some pretty butthurt players in that tournament.

>>48669342
The Sikh guys with swords.
I don't even kow what they do yet, but they look pretty damn cool.
>>
>>48669342
He can field/synergizes with Academics, so if you want to be absolutely crazy, grab University of Transmortis. Ironsides also comes with academics. Besides that he can summon Gamin, so Rasputina or Kaeris would be good choices.
>>
>>48669180
If anything, beta testing would give you a worse chance given how much changes both during and after.
>>
>>48669407
> Normally the Erratas and such don't go into effect for 14 days(?)

Where are you getting that from?

>>48669564
From week to week sure, but it's not like they're going to make massive playstyle changes inbetween the end of the last beta phase and release. Sandeep still plays basically the same as when the beta started.
>>
>>48669658
The basic mechanics are mostly there, but the specifics are what tend to matter most in high level play. For example, changing a Ca or TN drastically impacts how you use your control hand. Either way, it's a bit odd but dude had to be a good player to do so well.
>>
>>48669691
Any good player is going to be able to roll with those kinds of changes easily. Resource management is always a thing, and needing a 6 instead of a 5 to now do something isn't going to drastically shake up someone to the point of not being able to play a master.
>>
Is the rpg system any good?
>>
>>48669764
It is if you want to play in the world of Malifaux and want to use cards instead of dice. Just be prepared to include as much out of combat content (social, sneaking, clearing a blockage, fleeing through the backalleys) as combat and be prepared for specialized players to be GOOD at what they do. Very good.
>>
>>48669028

>Even the Gremlins look a bit less "we so randumb" than previous Gremlin crews.

What.

The new Gremlin crew is a guy with a jetpack, three gremlins on mechanical mosquitoes, a silurid dressed like a captain, and some human guy.

It's the goofiest crew yet. Wong's crew doesn't come close and they're four wizards, a showgirl, and a luchadore.
>>
>>48669764
>>48669784
I'd agree with what anon two said. It is a very good game and it feels like you are a part of the setting and it's easy to get stupidly good in your role especially withthe specialized skill talent.

That said, the black joker ruins everyone's day equally and it's super important to have a variety of activities. It is neat to be able to be an academic who uses mathematics to replace gunplay though.
>>
>>48669903
Yeah, its also nice that its easy to "branch out" for a session thanks to that "if you take a class, draw cards when you fail at that role for that session" rule. So no combat coming up? Well you can keep drawing cards to cheat with whilst you fuck up your puzzle solving.
>>
>>48669076
>>48669180
>>48669407
>>buy Sandeep's box on day one of the con
>>get it assembled and tabletop ready

Seriously, all preorders where up for sale at GanCon, physically there to buy. The online sale is for everyone who cant travel to GenCon to have a similar opportunity.

So he got Sandeep ready to play, and out of three games Sandeep won two then Ramos lost the last game.

And apparently the paint job was pretty bad, but that's what I'd expect from painting a box in one night.
>>
>>48669961
Exactly. One of my players was tied to her character sheet and was absolutely unwilling to try anything that she didn't have ranks in. Then I showed her the forgotten class and she was much better about taking risks....even if only for the oft guaranteed card draw.
>>48669991
So, as a rookie painter who wants to stop making shit, what's a good ballpark for time? Also, save my parker box from looking bad. Assuming I don't want to mirror the box what's a good color scheme for the crew?
>>
>>48670112
Just paint man. You can only get better with practice and every model is going to have take different amounts of time to paint. A key thing to remember, most people are only going to be seeing it from across a table. Whatever imperfections you see up close are largely going to be unnoticed by anyone else.
>>
File: Ocelot_(Twin_Snakes).jpg (14KB, 180x347px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot_(Twin_Snakes).jpg
14KB, 180x347px
>>48670112
Parker probably wants to look like this.
>>
>>48670112

As a rookie painter, something you need to know is that you can strip paint from models.

Don't worry about fucking up badly, since you can just wipe the whole thing and start fresh.
>>
>>48670141
Fair, but I'm a freelance writer so I'm doubly prone to being hypercritical. My best recent model so far is the Toshiro and one of the Tengu.
>>48670143
.......dammit you're right. Now I can't decide whether to get lazarus and make him a shagohod or a Mega Zord (I attempted a power rangers theme with my Von Schill crew)
>>48670187
That's good to know.
>>
>>48670112
tg usually has a good WIP thread where you can ask other painters and see stuff being worked on. Even post your own work for critique.

The biggest thing is patience, take the time to get it right, it will take longer at first. Thin layers, dry brushing, and washes can be nice shortcuts. Youtube is full of helpful videos.

As far as colors, reds and blues can be used without looking too garish but in the end it's up to you and you could use sparkle pink if you want. For a more advanced paint job I would try to paint one of the bandits shirts plaid, Just make sure you have a good fine tip brush.
>>
>>48666884
>>48663640

He should not let up. He needs to teach his group how to handle him WHICH HE IS OFFERING TO DO. Compare this to normal grognards who make an ultimate list and just destroy all opponents with the only feedback being "git gud scrub".

The guy is offering to help the group learn to play the game with serious good advice and they are just about spitting in his face.

There is a store I go to sometimes where I play people who are REALLY good at the game (to the point they were asked to alpha test the game since they saw the rules at a different angle). I play a crew I thought I was really good at and they would play basically anything and they would wreck me pretty bad. Getting 5 points against them is something.

But I am enjoying it because they go back to the game and set up where everything was during previous turns and say, "Why did you take this minion away from the scheme?" or "You wasted an AP trying to punch this this model twice when you could have focused and cheated in a high damage card".

If the opponent is not willing to learn and improve their game, then it's going to be a bad time for me. If I have to play a weaker crew to have the frequently players have "fun", I'm not having fun.

Note: I am not saying destroy new players. I am talking about the people that want to play every week.
>>
>>48670380
I remember my first game against a guy who was our local TO. My game 3 McMourning vs his Mei Feng. I still didn't hadn't remembered about soul stone usage at this point.

McMourning goes in a little too far and Meifeng alpha strikes him turn one because I burned my hand doing other stuff and didn't stone for prevention. I was not told about the option until the turn after.

Gee thanks guy.

That said, the willingness to explain and offer help as an after action report is a good middle ground. Because no one likes to be told how to play mid-game, but it helps to have perspective later on. That said, I will never play Jack Daw against a learning player and usually end up playing Von Schill.
>>
>>48664223

Campy? Did you check out Archie because dat zombie is downing some good ice cream.

Also all of Zipp just about.

>>48667055

Travelling to other parts of the country in the US can cause our meta clash with their meta repeatedly in odd and funny ways.

In my store's meta, Ressers are feared and McMourning is the worst. If you are unfamiliar with McMourning at our store, it will be shocking if your crew is not exploding in poison by turn 2 with a stupid fucking dog in the middle laughing it's ass off.

At another store contest, I played a McMourning and I was playing ultra defensive as Lilith, which is not normal.

He moves stuff around really oddly and then get's to McMourning. I brace. In my head, I have already crossed off my Terror Tot as good as dead; I sent it up like that in case the McMourning wanted to start his poison engine early.

He Walked, *WALKED*, away from the terror tot to .. interact with something? Interact OVER murder?? He had a ton of other models to do that business... okay, maybe he is playin a different McMourning.

My head was confused going into the next turn and McMourning took an unfocused whiff at a Mature Neph and didn't even lay down the poison.

Realizing the guy did not learn the potentional of McMourning and he could have just took out the Mature right then and there, I leaned back and had a fun time.
>>
>>48670502
Admittedly, that feeling of dread you described is what makes playing against new players or masters magical. My local meta doesn't fear McMourning, they fear Sebastian after McMourning did his thing. Six Damage a turn means that every dude with devour, obey, Lenny Tosses, and Mr. Graves showing him the door will happen. But then I played a tournament that discounted the dude until I had to borrow other peoples canine remains and flooded the table with nine dogs.
>>
>>48670502
nope we didnt see it, cause noone shared it yet . . .
>>
>>48663340
>sexy drowned wrinkly ghost woman

Wat?
>>
>>48670650
I was being sarcastic. I full well know that Jaakuna is not sexy. But she is moist so the technique has application there.

My point was that that's the only model that's unpainted that I can try the technique on. I do enjoy being creepy gross though, like the revealed rusalka in Quest for Glory 4.
>>
>>48670639
The resser wave 4 lineup wallpaper exists.
>>
>>48670639
>>48670670
It's been out a wile but worth sharing again
>>
>>48670670
im talking about statcards . . .
>>
>>48670665
It's 4chan. You could totally be into wrinkly drowned chicks.
>>
>>48670785
*laughs* I"m home. I'm home.

But seriously, I've been dying for her since I played McM, and now I get to use her with Jack.
>>
File: sexychick.jpg (88KB, 1024x1009px) Image search: [Google]
sexychick.jpg
88KB, 1024x1009px
>>48670785
Old Sybelle > Jaakuna

DAT ASS
>>
>>48670740
And the entire conversation before hand was the fact that the MODELS were supposedly less campy, so good job staying on topic there.
>>
>>48670816
>>48670816
Yeah, I've been waiting for her release since I started playing in November. Got her this past Thursday and can't wait to paint her. It's a great model.
>>
>>48670785
It's the only way he's gonna get a woman wet, after all.
>>
File: 20131103_121445.jpg (292KB, 1486x796px) Image search: [Google]
20131103_121445.jpg
292KB, 1486x796px
>>48669076
For the metalic blend, I based silver, added some bronze, brown washed, and then added a grey or white, it's been so long I don't recall - to the silver and started to blend it into the metal. I wanted it to seem like metallic flesh or something of the like. Also yeah things like gaps are my bane because I dislike constructing minis.
>>
>>48670975
Very nice work.
>>
>>48670722
Has anyone spoiled what the fuck that ghost dude does?
>>
>>48671115
Could be a Goryo. Like an Onryo but the ghost of a warrior.
>>
>>48671358
It is
>>
>>48671569
Minion, enforcer, or henchman?
>>
>>48671654
ive heard it is spirit enforcer(explains the onryo-centered upgrade) looks to me like kirai get some love by this two. Still really want to see statcard to confirm
>>
>>48671654
Minion
>>
>>48669140
The fang > agrax wash > the fang > fang/dheneb stone 50:50
>>
>>48669870
I meant the sculpts themselves.
Fewer jaws the size of chests and utterly ridiculous cartoony proportions.

>>48670112
>>48670141
>Just paint
That, exactly. This "practice makes perfect" business is said for a reason.
Also, the tabletop-standard painting is less difficult than you might think, as he says.

>>48670975
Thanks Anon. So metallic base, colour-blend metallics for the 'main' coat, and then increasingly non-metallic highlights?

>>48672184
Those Citadel paints?
I suppose it's about time I learn to use washes - my basecoat direct to highlight game is wearing thin, and it takes a goddamn age to paint a figure up to the same standard that could be quickly achieved with basecoat and wash.
>>
>>48669150
Analogy, comparison, I don't care. Point stands.
>>48667055
Could always go the handicap route if your buds aren't complete wieners. A starting deficit in points or soulstones could allow you to challenge yourself, still learn, and give opponents a better chance if they completely oppose learning.
>>
Guys any good samaritan wanting to share the new Malibook? just the stat cards would be really nice! think about the rest of us, poor bastards, who couldn't go to Indy!
>>
>>48667055
>>48672566
Could reveal your schemes at the start, if you're playing the GG2016 set.
That way you don't have to gimp yourself too hard, and you get good practice in scoring Schemes that your opponent has already read.
>>
>>48672628
It probably won't be up here until the PDF is officially put out
>>
I was the Sandeep player. He's just nuts on the table. Final match I could have forced a tie but went for the super risky win because that's how you roll.

I'll be honest, it feels great having the community talking about you.
>>
>>48673288
Care to share his upgrades?
Have you been playingsince the beta?
>>
>>48672350
There isn't any "learning" to washes. Just know the differences in how heavy you apply it.
>>
>>48673288
Pigs or id didin haben.
>>
>>48673397
Different companies product doesn't often behave the same. But the importence of this depends on if you are only focussing on tabletop quality.
>>
>>48671569
Cool. I started playing Ressers for weeaboo rage ghosts, so more is never a bad thing.
>>
>>48673472
Didn't know that. I just stick to GW washes
>>
>>48672628
>>48673218
Well once I get the book I'll take pictures but that may be a few weeks as they won't be shipping till the 10th
>>
I'm scared of Ripples, Jacky Jacky Daw is coming...
>>
>>48673551
Now I just need a Jack Daw "Soon" picture.
>>
>>48673551
>Scared of Ripples for giving JD one new tormented
>Not scared because Shifting Loyalties gave him EIGHT
>>
File: IMG_20160807_213627.jpg (173KB, 1002x1225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160807_213627.jpg
173KB, 1002x1225px
>>48673773
>>
>>48673877
You made my day Anon! Thank you.
>>
File: soon.jpg (166KB, 514x474px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
166KB, 514x474px
>>
>>48673811
It's basically Shifting, but it's models are coming out with the Ripples prerelease so I lumped them in.
Either way, I don't look forward to our new overlord.
>>
As a new Jack Daw player I have to ask whats making him so scary?
>>
>>48673954
I want Leveticus to be my scheme runner, will I auto lose?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48673356
Same as was posted above. Two summoning upgrades, one combat focused while increasing his damage, the other giving a paralyze trigger on moderate and severe. One lets him hire academics and removes los requirement on beacon, the other gives him a zero to hand out incorporeal.

I have NOT been playing him since the beta. I got one game in with him in the last week of beta, haven't looked at him since.

>>48673447
Pic related
>>
>>48673978
People are finally learning how to use him. He offers obnoxious control with obscene mobility. He's a tough unlock though
>>
I'm starting up guild once my gencon order arrives, getting nellie and McCabe, are there any guild models that are must haves/useful for both?
>>
>>48673978
He asks you crew "would you like to cheat fate or live?"
If you can't cheat, you die, and if you can cheat you're dead. Therefore, Jack is coming for you.
>>
>>48674105
Perdita's crew has a lot of really solid models, especially Francisco since El Mayor is sexy as all hell. Dr. Grimwell from the starter set is also really solid.
>>48673978
Lots of control and being damned tough to deal with. He's a challenging master to learn, but oh so good when you get there.
>>
>>48674052
>>48673978
A few people were stomping with pre shifting Jack, and now with additional curse support, more tormented and new synergistic upgrades, he has the makings of a powerhouse. Outcasts will always be top tier.
>>
>>48674105

The austringers and the guild hounds are a must for every guild master.
>>
>>48674217
I've never met another JD player. I think it has to do with the relative simplicity of masters line the Viks, Hogan and leve. You've got good stuff that doesn't require skill and stuff that does. Path of least resistance
>>
>>48674278
I've always wanted to try Jackdaw, painted him up, most of the crossroads seven and a couple of hanged. Never actually played Outcasts. I think I might actually have to try him out soon
>>
>>48674278
I always assumed it was the other Outcasts getting a money shot while jack is just hyper synergy and interactive. Probably the funnest master Wyrd had made.
Maybe that is the same thought in different words.
>>
>>48674324
Do you mean >>48673894

But seriously, Jack Daw is difficult. No denying. Positioning, Line of Sight, distance, and a low damage end theme crew means that your first couple matches will be an uphill battle.

I often found myself either getting curbstomped or scratching out a win/loss by 1 or 2 points every time. Lady Ligeia would be the one thing that saves me especially when folks started sending vs DF beaters against Jack and having them focus.

But then something clicks and I realized that he's a movie monster. Charge through walls with Scout the Field, give curses and pull them back for massive damage...like crabs. Tell them what to do and force them to march into poison terrain or to the loving embrace of Montressor (especially now that he has that sexy upgrade).

Public Demonstration...stupidly easy. Plant the Charges, very easy. Walk through terrain and enemies not giving a crap on the last turn to score for new entourage. Take away options where it's "waste your turn or die and waste your turn".

He's basically Blue Magic the master.
>>
>>48674434
Spread this knowledge so all the Lev wienies can fotm jump.
>>
>>48674526
*laughs*

Hell I'm still learning about him. Aside from Rusty I never cared for Lev or his theme. Just noting that when I started i was drawn to the viks and slowly I'm moving more towards Jack.
>>
>>48672350
Yeah, gw paints. I've always liked them better than other paint lines except for their white / yellows. Washes are easy to use but they dry darker than when you out then on so don't overdo them. Also a large brush helps keep bubbles from forming
>>
File: gMgVUDD.jpg (888KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
gMgVUDD.jpg
888KB, 3264x2448px
>>48674654

What make you prefer citadel over vallejo? I like some of GW colors, but its texture tend to be a little more difficult to work with. Do you thin the paint with water? How do you make the mix?
>>
>>48674817
That's one sweet baby kade.
>>
>>48673288
>>48674025
Care to share any more detail about the games?
Schemes and strats or list, but how he actually plays on the table too?

>>48674817
>Do you thin the paint
Oh gawd.

>>48674654
To be fair, I've only painted with the GW paints too, really old basic set of paints.
I just need to get a whole new set - they've started drying out variously oily, gritty or emulsifying. Not consistently across the range though, naturally, so any given paint requires special treatment to go on a model right.
I suppose I should be asking the WIP thread for paint recommendations though.
>>
File: neverborn.jpg (837KB, 2159x913px) Image search: [Google]
neverborn.jpg
837KB, 2159x913px
>>48669076
>Do you have more for it?
here's everything i've got for the whole faction that's pretty much finished, I still need to finish off the pink on lynch and finish basing the Collodi stuff.
if people are curious about the purple bases I started with dreamer and now I use it to do all my nightmares (useful for at a glance knowing exactly what is and isn't a nightmare), I realize it kind of detracts from the overall cohesiveness of the faction but i'm in too deep to stop now.
>>
>>48674817
That looks like a regular ol baby, are his eyes glazed over or something to denote neverborn status?
>>
>>48674105
Austringers and Hounds are good all around, Peacekeeper is a big beater they can both make better, Witchling Stalkers remove conditions, Grimwell is a quick melee monster, Wastrels/Orderlies are decent healing
>>
>>48674025
Don't suppose you could give some more info on the box. Someone spoiled barasuvas stats but not his triggers. Also Kurda and the poison gamin please.
>>
>>48675504
Nice.
Great Hungering Darkness and Chompy.

Like the consistent teal too.

I've kind of painted myself into a corner from the offset with my Arcanists - Colette & co are all on floorboards, but that won't work for Marcus or Mei Feng.
>>
>>48674817
Out of curiosity, do you use VMC, VGC, or the airbrush variants of either? Excellent work on Kade by the way, I only wish that I could paint that well.
>>
>>48676084
I didn't sweat basing for my Ressers. Factions are so diverse what looks good on one model won't fit another.
>>
>>48674817
>>48675626
I think it's way creepy enough that it's a perfectly normal baby in Malifaux.
>>
>>48676084
Started doing cobblestone for Pandora and her stuff, then bought Lilith and it wasn't working, then bought Zoraida and it wasn't working even more.

So right now I have three themes for bases:
>city cobblestone
>rocky stones
>swampy forest

I'm thinking about green grass and flowers for Titania.
>>
>>48676199
My thoughts exactly. Especially with the big knife.
>>
File: bebe2.jpg (463KB, 694x972px) Image search: [Google]
bebe2.jpg
463KB, 694x972px
>>48674977

Thanks. He was one of my first Malifaux painted models and I still like him. I love tiny models.

>>48675364

Most of the people I know that like citadel paints tend to use them directly from the pot, that's why I'm asking. Some of them paints pretty well, I must say

>>48675626

He's got a knife! (I would have liked to have painted his eyed a little more creepier or worked more on the blood, but I was painting in a little hurry to send my henchmen application).

>>48676096

VMC, primarily. I have some VGC colors, but I thin the paint so much that it usually make the paint too bright.
>>
Have spoilers for Zip's crew been leaked yet?
>>
>>48676262
>>48676262
>green grass and flowers for Titania
Great shout, a spring meadow or something would look really good with a lightly coloured woodland colour scheme for the Queen of the wilds.
>>
All these talks about Jacky made me want to try him out. I'm a Resser player so I have Drowned, Crooked Men, Nurses, a spare Hanged and even his old metal model lying around (which I use as another Hanged). What should I get/proxy with him if I want to go full cheesy mode? Is his box necessary? Should I go full tormented or include the general outcast goodies (Ronin, Johan, Hannah, maybe Bishop) and make some of them Tormented with the Guilty?
>>
>>48676570
Also can he do all strats/schemes reliably by himself or am I setting myself up for a plunge into another faction?
>>
I don't remember, can Pandora hire Woes, or is the journalist woe tag just for fun for now?
>>
>>48676816
She can't.
>>
>>48676816
I don't see anything in the book 1 upgrades that says so. Buuut, if the reporters are mercs. then maybe.Maybe there are some weird interactions that make her a strong pick against Nellie that I don't see.
>>
>>48676570
>>48676594

JD is mostly good at positioning and fucking over your opponent, so he ends up pretty good at everything.

Beyond a bunch of Tormented and his crew, the Outcast staples (Rusty, A&D, Bishop, Trapper, Librarian) all work fine, plus the Emissary for extra curse shenanigans.
>>
>>48676332
>I was painting in a little hurry
Holy hell, what do your display pieces look like?
Forget Winsor and Newton 7s, I want what this guy's having.
>>
>>48676199
You're right, I'd never make it as a detective in the MIB.
>>
>>48676570
You really don't need many The Guilty, maybe 2 max and probably the Emissary. Everything else is pretty situational, though you'll probably be seeing alot of nurse and sometging to help with hand maintenance like Hannah.
>>
What henchmen can go toe to toe with or tie down a master?
Joss, The Valedictorian, and Hannah have been ones I've seen perform well.
>>
Got my first game as Ulix in against McCabe today. I got beat but it wasn't for lack of trying 7-9. I never got over a 12 in my hand the whole game so I couldn't summon a warpig, But the sow did work, and Old major did work. (Gracie got murdered turn one because of a wastrel w/ the glowing sword). I actually didn't expect the list to do as well in head hunter as it did but I dunno it seemed pretty good. I can't wait for the tourney so I can send the sow screaming into enemy lines with "shot in the rear"
>>
>>48677920
Any combat oriented Henchman against any-non combat oriented master. No henchman in the game could tie down the Viks or Lady J.
>>
What should I get for a TT Mei Feng crew? I was thinking of infiltrating over her thematic crew like the rail golem, but I wanted to see if there was a smarter direction.

One more question about the crew, specifically Kang. What is with the model itself? I have seen it assembled with a shovel, a hammer, and a hat among other things. Does it have options? And as a beatstick, could I sub him in for Ototo or Izamu in a pinch?
>>
File: whats going on i cant even.jpg (44KB, 485x557px) Image search: [Google]
whats going on i cant even.jpg
44KB, 485x557px
>>48677920
>>
>>48678360
I have a friend who routinely kicks my arse with mei feng, he pretty much always takes the emissary, guaranteed rail walks and extra focus are such a pain.
Kang has two options for assembly, the hammer and the shovel, strictly cosmetic.
>>
>>48678360
Now that it's out I would heavily consider a mechanical porkchop.
>>
>>48678483
Darn, I don't play gremlins. Will have to find something moderately close then, but he's pretty unique.
>>
>>48678511
I have been meaning the get the Mysterious Emmisary for a while, thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>48678617
probably a typo but you want the Shadow emissary.
>>
>>48678360
Thematic crew is of course good, especially with Porkchop and stuff, but if you're just starting and are working towards filling in a faction and couldn't use those units in new crews you're getting it's a bit of a waste and you don't need it.

From TT specifically; The Emissary, Toshiro, Komainu and Effigy take care of all the constructs you might need (you honestly don't need an entire crew full). And then either range to back her up if she's out and about (archers) or units that take advantage of her vent steam and stay in a safe-ish bubble.

Kang has some spare parts - go wild. And as for when to take him; against Ressers and Arcanists he's an incredibly safe bet, but you can always take other big beaters. Beaters all have widely varrying niches. Kang shines around nonhumans and spoopy shit, obviously, and without that he's really just a walking damage track. Which is nice and if beating face is all you need to do, but will fall short if you have very specific needs. But if you don't have any other units Kang will do just fine most of the time. Not optimal, but perfectly serviceable.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48678483
Soon
>>
>>48678724
>assembling gremlins
good luck
>>
>>48678011
>No henchman in the game could tie down the Viks

Francois can just one-shot them, which ties them down pretty good. You'd probably try to do one at the bottom of the turn, then win initiative and activate first for the other.

Hannah copying Pine Box can also force a Vik to try and break out at Wp 6 vs Hannah's 8, which might be worth a turn or two of tying down.
>>
>>48678360
Shadow Emissary and a Mech. Porkchop to make scrap, Toshiro to turn that scrap into Komainu and just generally be a cool dude.

Then you just kind of fill in with whatever seems appropriate. High and Wandering River Monks are pretty good, Katanaka Snipers or Archers if you think you'll need to shoot stuff, and if you're ever not sure what to take it's pretty hard to go wrong with Illuminated.
>>
Whelp, I just impulse bought Sandeep.
>>
>>48679800
probably a good decision
>>
>>48679148
At one tournament I went to, Francois held it down against Blood and Vanessa who couldn't get away from him long enough to be useful. They just danced around each other as I wouldn't let him kill them and he kept Enfrente a me to, as the opponent say "Jiggle his hips to make them not wanna hurt him."

That was a fun match and I hope to see him again soon.
>>
>>48680203
and I totally meant Finesse. But still he said the same thing. He used enfrente to keep after them.
>>
Leveticus is so disappointing. How 2e ended up so gutted of options and flavor of beyond me.
>>
So what list would you say a mech porkchop would be good in from gremlins? I picked one up cause it looks cool but 7 pts I don't see it being used often.
>>
>>48680483
Disagree completely. He needed the nerf. Tech up.

>>48679800
Good job. You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>48680844
I'm not a gremlin player but I imagine you take him for walking rage machine. + flips to charging is great and while he's a bit low on wounds armor and the usual gremlin/pig healing should help keep him around long enough to buff your other models then do his own big hits.

It also gets a lot better with Sparks around to buff it.
>>
>>48680483
>complaining about one of the absolute strongest masters with the ability to hire all the great stuff from other factions

ayyy
>>
>>48680876
>the nerf
I'm not even refering to the nerf, I'm talking about him being an old steampunk necromancer who could actually interact with his crew in a nondestructive manner and do more than channel to attack every turn. Yes, I know there will be times when running, tarpitting, etc will be the optimal play, but those are outliers.
Tech up? I'm complaining about translating flavor and giving meaningful decisions through actions/abilities. I don't think Wyrd could do that reliably in the first two books, but Ripples is really their first major release which was designed for how m2e actually plays and not poorly porting old models with guess work. Ripples seems so fluid and interactive, I'm just sad we're left with so many wonky models.
>>
>>48681756
>>48681835
Do people only talk about tiers or something? I'm wondering how my wording refers to power level at all when it's about discrepancy in options and flavor from 1e to 2e. Maybe I'm too late to this conversation?
Leveticus could have maintained many of the options he had (which provided the theme) and their potency could have been dialed properly to compensate.
>>
>>48681910
1e was an unbalanced and unpopular pile of shit precisely because of that attitude. I'm glad they decided to clean up the rule system. Levi still remains a fun and very powerful master in a much smoother playing game
>>
>>48682033
Honestly he's not that powerful now since the Errata. 2e Levi had really one ability worth noting on his card, his damage reliability. He has a projectile symbol, he doesn't have a 7 to hit, he has terrible damage tracks except melee severe and his mobility tricks aren't great compared to other masters, his summoning is no more effective than say McMourning and his "immortality" forces him to move his very frail totems up the board and losing his normal models can fuck him over.

Hitting channel was the worst possible thing wyrd could have done to him, because 2e Leveticus was all about doing less damage than the other damage masters, but getting regular + flips and ignoring defensive abilities.
>>
>>48682033
I don't disagree with it being shit in terms of most sculpts, balance and information overload. I agree, it needed to get cleaned up.
You think he's fun, I don't. I am interested in your opinion on this matter.
He is powerful, I couldn't care less. I'm not sure what attitude you're refering to when there are in game example of viable and even top master who can do more than point and shoot. All this talk of Jack Daw, I've mechanically loved every game with him, but I'm just not into his theme.
>>
>>48682115

He still has the widest hiring pool in the entire game on top of being a master in a faction full of good models. That's got to count for something.
>>
>>48682211
Let's be honest, most of the models he can take are shit and have no synergy, but he does have access to the cream.
>>
>>48682211
Most of Outcasts "good models" are available to others as mercenaries. His construct hiring pool is wider than hoffman sure, but it doesn't actually give him much of an advantage beyond some fun lists where you take Teddy or some shit or decide to pretend you are Collodi.
His undead hiring pool basically makes him into Tara or Jack Daw. Both of these hiring pools do make him better, but his primary ability has always been reliable but low damage, so he can kill one mid tier model a turn, or with some really good cards a strong model. Now he can basically snipe one wounded or scheme runner model a turn, which is kind of shit compared to every other killy master. Hes basically a crappier seamus now and his hiring pool does not fix that.
>>
>>48682278
Now, it's Jacky Jacky Daw's time...
>>
>>48682266
Actually to be fair, the Rider list DOES have synergy, so he has that. Its never going to top at tournaments, but the huge threat range riders have let them all cover for each other and each one provides abilities that make up for the weaknesses of each other. Hooded fucks your enemies schemes up and can kill even the strongest foes, Dead takes any threats away from your other riders, Mech and Pale can each do different types of schemes and also provide you the range you need.
>>
>>48682321
>Most
I don't know the numbers, but what is (4+x)/n?
>>
File: Rusty Alyce 01 INK.jpg (97KB, 538x796px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty Alyce 01 INK.jpg
97KB, 538x796px
>ywn be a near immortal old man with a Loli companion
Why live?
>>
Who are the best taxis in Malifaux? Go
>>
>>48682424
Shes a bit older than a Loli. Still though their relationship is pretty cute. Have you read the story where she dances with Ramos? Levi nearly abandons the job and tries to kill Ramos.
I also like the one where he teases her about whether or not he sleeps with the Waifs.
>>48682453
Gracie.
>>
>>48682464
Not to mention the one where she threatens him for checking out the viks.
>>
>>48682483
Is it Rasputina who thinks they are "perfect for each other" or Sonnia?
>>
>>48682464
Yes, that is what sealed my love for that duo.
It sort of seemed like his intimate use of waifs was implied, but I'm bad at discerning.
>>48682483
It's wonderful, but the age increase was disapointing. I liked the questions it rose, but I can understand why it would not be wanted.
>>
>>48682464
Probably my favorite one is the Crossroads story where Leveticus 'dies', Alyce goes on a rampage to find who did it, and the first thing she does when she finds him is punch him in the face.
>>
>>48682645
tsun tsun dere dere
>>
>>48682645
Just like my Malaysian line drawings
>>
>>48682453
vasilisa
>>
>>48663092
New player, looking to start a Ten Thunders crew, where should I start?
>>
>>48683888
It's simple - buy master's box
>>
>>48683914
But which one?
>>
>>48683934
anyone you like. they are all playable
>>
>>48683934
One that you like more? There aren't really bad masters in 10T.
>>
>>48683934
whichever looks coolest to you
>>
>>48683914
>>48683934
>>48683953
>>48683956
>>48683963
Then buy Shenlong's box so you get Sensei Yu.
>>
>>48684040
He's a bit complicated to start out with.
Best beginner boxes I'd say are Misaki, Mei Feng and Lynch.
>>
File: Yu.png (119KB, 270x308px) Image search: [Google]
Yu.png
119KB, 270x308px
>>48683888
>>48683934

These are lots of way to start with 10T. I will recommend any crew box + Izamu + katanaka snipers + 10T brothers. If you want something more specific; these are examples that gives you semi solid crews for each master.

- Sensei yu box + katanaka snipers + Izamu
- Yan Lo box + Izamu + Toshiro + Komainu
- Misaki box + Yamaziko + Jorogumos
- Mei Feng box + Toshiro + Komainu + mechanica porkchop
- Jakob box + depleted + Beckoner + Graves
McCabe box + guild hounds + dawn serpent + Izamu
Brewmaster box + Yin + Sensei yu box
>>
>>48684583
>Sensei Yu box

kek
>>
Does anyone think some of the old masters will get a redesign/alternate card after RoF or is everything sealed?
>>
>>48682793
She needs an upgrade, but I guess I didn't qualify the statement properly.
>>
>>48681910
There was a cuddle ten minutes ago so it's not a terrible assumption that is what you were complaining about.

I'd never run into a solid Leve so I can't say whether it was needed.
>>
Upgrades fixing prblem models is actually a solid idea. It means you don't ever have to worry about having the right version of the card on hand and by taking an upgrade slot it can help reduce unintended problems with combos
>>
hope for Ripples of Fate stat cards scans/photos is slowly fading away . . .
>>
>>48685926

This. It takes the upgrade slot, but normally it's worth it. They are even fixing minions through upgrades.

Also, spoilers for the Arcanist:

- Slate Ridge Mauler get an 0ss upgrade that gives them +1ml and +wk and a (0) action that pushes them.

- Oxfordian gets another 0ss; if you hire 3, they only cost 5ss and, when they suffer damage, you can discard the upgrade to prevent it.

- The other two gives free push with scheme markers, a h2kill and some shit with constructs and beast.
>>
>>48686239
Thanks! Could we have some pictures? I have an arcanist player in my group who would love to read it.
>>
>>48686215
says something about the community
>>
>>48686239
The Oxford one can be taken in addition to another upgrade as well.

The construct beast thing gives you an action to swap their positions.
>>
>>48686284
Yeah. It says they're on their way home from GenCon and haven't given you pirated material yet
>>
So not a chance of seing some scans guys?
>>
>>48685809
You're most likely to see new upgrades to help them out.
>>
>>48686344
yep we might propably wait a day or two more to pirating be done
>>
>>48686350
It's been seven minutes since you last begged.
>>
>>48686215
>twelve minutes
>>48686350
>>
So you're saying I should ask for scans again?
>>
>>48686263

Sorry, I don't have the book; some guy told me about them on our local group.

>>48686332

Yes. Also, the bear push has a trigger that let you do another (0) action.

>>48686284

It says that nobody are buying the books.
>>
>>48686408
>no next day scans
>ZOMG no1 is byeing teh bookz
>>
>>48686332
So five point oxfordian mages that can still take the ward upgrades? Sweet. Now I need to pick up Ironsides box. Wyrd, leave my poor wallet alone...
>>
>>48686405
Yes, and get banned so we can have some quiet. Or if you really really absolutely have to get them within the next hour, get therapy.
>>
>>48685809
The emissaries and conflux upgrades were did that. Gives old masters new tricks or makes their stuff work better.
>>
>>48687022
I'm still surprised that arcane conflux isn't a beast with Marcus.
>>
I'm thinking of picking up shenlong, does he work well with the various monks of different styles?
>>
>>48687673

High river monks are good, low river are getting an upgrade that make them quite decent, drunk river are mostly bad and wandering river are really good but unnecessary due to Shenlong & Yu tricks.

10T brothers, Katanaka snipers and shadow emissary works better with his box.
>>
>>48687767
Why are drunken river monks bad?

Also why aren't they in the wyrd store?
>>
>>48687767
> High river monks are good
> drunk river are mostly bad

I've never seen anyone be so wrong about anything before.
>>
>>48687806
For the same reason TT Brothers aren't in the Wyrd store

They just don't bother to stock them
>>
>>48687806
>>48687899
They don't put stuff on the webstore until ~ 1 month after their release. Gencon messed with that schedule a bit, expect them to be up after they redo the webstore.
>>
http://schemesandstones.podbean.com/e/episode-445-wave-4-previews-sandeep/

review of sandeep.
>>
>>48687989
tl;dl?
>>
>>48688294
>hes probably willing to wait 16minutes for a response but not listen to the 16minute podcast
>>
>>48687899
they dont put it up in the store for a month so people have incentive to buy from their flgs
>>
>>48688473
Not him, but can't listen to a podcast at work.
>>
>>48688473
Exactly. That would require actual concentration. I guess I'll wait until a written review appears.
>>
>>48688924
>claims to care about his job
>spends time in his work day talking about plastic toy soldiers on a peruvian pottery image board
>>
>>48689279
>>claims to care about his job
Can you show me where he claimed to "care about his job"? It's probably just a technical difficulty.
>>
>>48689279
I love my job, and it lets me spend hours on 4chan a day.

But the work computers have no speakers.
>>
Sandeep is good. Stop doubting.
>>
>>48689570
Why wouldn't you share scans of his crew crads then?
>>
>>48689570
Almost every master is good. I don't think that's in doubt.

It's just a question of what it is that makes them good, and what fun stuff they get to do.
>>
>>48689570
Who was doubting? Someone came 2nd at gencon using sandeep twice and ramos once, with the ramos game being their only loss.
>>
>>48689629
That was me. I wanted to drop Sandeep into the last game but I was worried about punk zombie bombs from a solid player in turf war.
>>
>>48689658
Pics?
>>
>>48689658
What sort of crew were you running? Just sandeep with older stuff or did you use his thematic crew as well?
>>
>>48689705
I ran Hank, joss and two metal in both games. I took the rider in game one, rail Golem in game two.

Game one my opponent went hard on the rider to prevent leave your mark, I went hard on lilith on the other side and dropped her to 4 turn 2. The rider and summons kept the right field tied up while I took control of the left. Banasuva is a huge threat who needs to be dealt with but just keeps coming back. By the time the left got unclogged I had Mark finished, my metals had the center set for search, and I had Sandeep reposition 21+" to deny enemy schemes. He can walk 20", push 3, interact, or he can walk 20, teleport 6. He's everywhere he needs to be.
>>
>>48690275
Game two was against tt lynch in headhunter. I brought his scheme upgrades for this game. Summoning gamin on top of markers that can interact that turn is solid. I scored 3 on neutralize and two on frame early, so my opponent had to play forward or lose. He killed rail Golem second turn, but banasuva is plenty of a beater and I kept summoning him directly into melee to tie up everything. When he pulls armor from a metal he becomes way harder to remove than he had any right to be. It's like a summoned izamu
>>
I don't know about him, but I tried listening to their Titania's podcast and I found the sound and diction infuriating. It surely took me longer than 15 mins to listen to it, and still there was info I'm sure I missed.
>>
I meant about the Schemes & Stones podcast
>>
>>48685896
I understand, however given my sentence
>How 2e ended up so gutted of options and flavor of beyond me
It seems jumping to conclusions took precedence to reading comprehension.
>>48685926
There is the risk of hotfix upgrades occupying a slot without compensation. It's probably the lesser evil, but still poor in my mind.
>>48687022
That was their intent. One upgrade cannot address deep seated mechanical issues.
>>
>>48689658

Nico, Molly, or Tara flavored punk zombie bombs?
>>
>>48691331
Tara can do punk zombie bombs?
>>
>>48691437
Karina can summon them, Tara can do her beasty bomb but with punks if your heavy stuff is already out there.
>>
>>48674817
How do I get this good, what's your setup senpai?
>>
>>48692094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=Dju-dbWGBe4

layers and layers of glazing
>>
>>48692577
Nothing more frustrating than doing a model with glazing and having your varnish haze and fuck the whole thing up
>>
>>48692577
I thought that anon said he airbrushed it?
>>
File: DDfront.jpg (468KB, 2071x482px) Image search: [Google]
DDfront.jpg
468KB, 2071x482px
>>48692094

I attempted to make a tutorial some time ago:
http://imgur.com/a/oRtlX

Like >>48692577 it's all about the layering and the paint texture.

>>48692894

I only use the airbrush for the primer and to speed up a little with some base colors. For example, these daydreams have the first shadows and some lightnings of the gray skin painted with an airbrush.
>>
>>48693250
Damn son, Yu looks good.
>>
>>48692577
How much time do you spend per model?
>>
File: soñador1.jpg (645KB, 694x972px) Image search: [Google]
soñador1.jpg
645KB, 694x972px
>>48694171

Not that guy, but this took more than 10 hours.
>>
File: soñador2.jpg (553KB, 694x972px) Image search: [Google]
soñador2.jpg
553KB, 694x972px
>>48694237

Front.
>>
File: outcasts.jpg (220KB, 1024x418px) Image search: [Google]
outcasts.jpg
220KB, 1024x418px
>>48664457
i went for something esoteric for my Malifaux and i like the result

got Guild painted with their lighting form the opposite side but tempted to jump into Ten Thunders
>>
Had lots of stuff come in today, shenlong box, Dawn serpent, jorogumo, mech porkchop, Misaki box + Yamaziko for my friend. And I still have my brewmaster and Ulix crew to work on.

Also do you guys think that acquiring 3 more Shenlongs and painting them up a different way for each style would be neat?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sammy and cock rider WIP. Should I stick with the dark red or go for more brown / black?
>>
>>48696196
lovin that green on sammy colors to get to it?
>>
>>48694372
>>48694237
And this was glazing or air brushed?
>>
>>48696196
Lookin pretty good anon
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48696223
All of them are just really watered down out of the pot (not as much as the stud posting his amazing glazed models) except I mix nurgling and kislev for a final highlight for places like ears/face/ knees and elbows

>>48694372
>>48694237
If i ever pick up another faction in gonna have to try to do glazes, just look amazing
>>
>>48696196
Red, the contrast makes it a great color scheme
>>
>>48694372
Do you just glaze these things with glaze medium+an in between color? I love the skin and especially the details on the pillow and the pajamas.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (167KB, 629x858px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
167KB, 629x858px
been painting effigies, I'm happy with this one, got an arcane one soaking in detol though, it went so very, very wrong.
>>
>>48696424
alrighty cool thanks brah
>>
>>48696601
one team one dream, senpai
>>
>>48697033
I was looking for a brighter green for my gremlins than what I was using for my goblins a while back and I can't deny that looks fucking brilliant.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>48697175
Thanks, and I'm right there with ya on wanting the switch from darker green skins
>>
>>48697223
Dood! nice, I'm a spider goblin fan myself
>>
>>48697300
I have so many sprues of them from the starter sets, everyone in my area gave them to me and ill probably never even build them :( maybe I can find a place for the spiders in malifaux somewhere
>>
>>48697339
do you have 151 of them? cause that's how many I have.
>>
>>48697402
haha, i might be half way there. you got them all painted?
>>
>>48697442
Not even close. Fantasy died around here when AoS cropped up. Luckily the malifaux community has 20 concurrent players around.
>>
>>48697524
On a separate matter, are monks of high river any good? Which ones are they shitty ones?
>>
>>48697586
High river are the shitty ones, Fermented River can be okay with 1 with Brewmaster, Wandering river are okayish at 1 and Low River are really good with the new upgrade and could probably replace Chiaki in some lists.
>>
>>48697750
So not worth having more than one of each huh? That blows. Kinda wanted to do something fun with shenlong and have one for each style and his goons behind him.
>>
>>48697874
so do it and play for 10 points. a lot more fun that way anyway
>>
>>48697874
I would say that High river aren't that bad but not something you'd bring super competitively. Low river are cheap and not bad for holding ground and being annoying to deal with. Fermented river are strange and I don't know how to use them. Wandering River are expensive for what they do but good if you need a model or two with leap.

Those and Ten Thunder Archers would make a great thematic crew and could be lots of fun to play but likely won't be top tier for total power. Depends who you play with for how much fun you'll have.
>>
>>48697874
That guy is wrong anyway. Fermented River can be very good with brewmaster, or just excellent general beaters for their stones.
>>
>>48699789
A Fermented monk in a Brewmaster crew can essentially get reactivate off about 2-3 times a match. Top that off with all the little buffs he gets when poisoned and he plays decently with Brewmaster. The problem is that he hits diminishing returns hard when with more than 1 and without the free poison+2 from the Brewmastrer he's just gonna clutter a lineup that can have better 5 stone models in it.
>>
>>48700056
All they need to do is hit reactivate once to keep the ball rolling seeing as how they can get poison regardless of if they hit or not.
>>
>>48700367
Don't underestimate them in Shenlong either, since peasants can give them poison and the pushes/fast can get them to position easily.
Even taking the MIN 4 damage if you have 2 poison is often fantastic too, you don't have to go for reactivate.
>>
>>48696258

Glazing. This model has no airbursh.

>>48696424

It's easier than it looks, you only have to be aware of the paint flow and know how to thin well.

>>48696502

I did it exactly the same way that I did Sensei Yu in the tutorial: http://imgur.com/a/oRtlX
>>
>>48695230
Have you got any more angles of those?
Or pics of the Guild?
It's well done, but I'm not sure about the extreme lighting - might be a little too extreme for my tastes, even if it is very well executed.

>>48697339
>spider goblin fan
> find a place for the spiders in malifaux
Do a Goblin-Gremlin TT crew!
Night Goblin Brewmaster.
Dozens of Jorogumo.
Black Ork Izamu.
Squigs for Komainu (or half of the Oni).
Fanatic Torakage.
Archers for Thunder Archers.
>>
>>48696553

The work in the black is good. I think that the color scheme is holding him back; there's almost no contrast o transition between the cloth pieces. Maybe a little brown leather or something could have worked.

>>48696196
>>48696424

I think that the red need a little more lights and highlights but you have good shadows and nice skins. Overall, good hands; if you decided to try a paint style with more bending, you are going to do well.
>>
>>48686344
well i dont know, but it seems like there have been plenty of time for that. . .
>>
>>48702107
Was going for more if a burgundy than a brighter red for her
>>
>>48702476

Something like this? (My eternal WIP, btw).

I use: base color Hull Red + Black, some shadows with Black, and for the lighting I used Cavarly Brown mixed with different amounts of Sunny Skintone, and with Ivory just in some areas.
>>
File: red.png (2MB, 1164x1318px) Image search: [Google]
red.png
2MB, 1164x1318px
>>48703438

Not Malifaux, but this is the same recipe.
>>
>>48703438
>>48702107
>>48701990
Awesome job.
>>
>>48703722

New thread.
>>
>>48703737

Too soon.
>>
http://www.malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/ripples-of-fate-review-neverborn.html
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.