[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

H-h-hey /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Sean-900px.jpg (4KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
Sean-900px.jpg
4KB, 90x90px
Please back my game?
https://www.montecookgames.com/announcing-the-invisible-sun-rpg/
>>
I'm currently playing his Numenera RPG.
I don't know if it's the GMs fault but I don't like it.
The setting is cool and all but there is no real sense of progression.
>>
File: arierp.png (112KB, 189x254px) Image search: [Google]
arierp.png
112KB, 189x254px
Dear Monte:

You are not just a hack. You're a hack that has written articles outlining exactly why you are a hack. The "ivory tower" has not only poisoned the third edition of D&D, but it created a generation of gamers that would have attacked the fourth edition no matter what it would be, as long as it was not a repackaging of the third. In the fifth iteration we are just beginning to undo the damage you have done.

It's possible you have turned over a new leaf, but the sad state of this industry and artform is that whatever you created was going to become validated by a large corporate marketing budget and a lack of competition. You have no reason to believe you needed to improve as a designer. You do not yet have a product to sell, other than yourself. Your one product in this case is defective and you should make progress to fix it before receiving one cent to produce an RPG.

Being cryptic won't make them forget everything, Monte.
>>
>>48663062
>>48663314
Sean K. Reynolds and Monte Cook collaborating on a game. Sure, that sounds like a rewarding experience.
>>
>>48663314
>taking ivory tower seriously

You fucking dolt. All it ultimately means is "player options in player book, worry about the explanations behind them in the DM book", but people misconstrued it as "players can never learn these secrets." People just like to repeat it because it has a cool name and it's easy to misinterpret as some sort of criminal act.

The rest of your post is just more dumb memes and melodrama.

This in particular paints you as one hell of a dumb faggot.
> but it created a generation of gamers that would have attacked the fourth edition no matter what it would be,
>>
>>48662940

"Invisible Sun is deep. It’s smart. Just like you."

AHAHAHAHAHA
Joke's on you! I'm a moron!
Also, have my money.
>>
>>48663698
That is not what it means in the least you nimrod.

Ivory Tower refers to the fact that they seed the game with shitty options, like the fighter and monk classes, and godly options, like every full caster, and leave it to the player to figure out what is good to reward "system mastery." In practice it just pissed off everyone that thought many of the shitty options should have been good.
>>
>>48663698
>You fucking dolt. All it ultimately means is "player options in player book, worry about the explanations behind them in the DM book", but people misconstrued it as "players can never learn these secrets." People just like to repeat it because it has a cool name and it's easy to misinterpret as some sort of criminal act.

Monte's explanation of the role "toughness" has in the game disagrees with you. The ivory tower as presented in third edition is inherently adversarial.

Toughness is explicitly designed to be a bad feat that looks appealing to players. It's used in Monte's example of "system mastery" which translates to the game designer trying to defeat the player.

>This in particular paints you as one hell of a dumb faggot.
Pointing out that one line in particular paints you as a reddit fedora cuck.
>>
>>48663921
>Toughness is explicitly designed to be a bad feat that looks appealing to players.

Reread the fucking article, you absolute and utter moron.

It's not as great as other options, but it does have particular uses. Doubling an elf wizard's HP at level 1 is the option presented.
Ivory Tower refers to not explaining to the players "Only take toughness if you're playing a level one one-shot", but instead expecting players to be able to learn this for themselves.

Seriously, don't repeat shit that you don't even understand.

>Pointing out that one line in particular paints you as a reddit fedora cuck.

Adorable, you dumb faggot.
>>
Numenera and the Cypher System sucks wieners.
>>
I already hate it. The marketing is more interested in jerking me off about how smart and deep I am rather than telling me what the actual product is.That strongly implies that the jerking off in the pre-release marketing is going to be the high point. I'd love to be surprised, but I won't be.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.